Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Carida OOC

[member="Albrecht Tagge"]

[member="Popo"] meant that the size of the Interdictors and three Ardent-class Fast Frigates equated to 3000+ meters (I haven't checked the math, it's a rough estimate) which means [member="Darth Naomi"] has 22,000M of ships to bring in.

By the way, I do know how to fleet, lol.

Darth Naomi

Error 404: title-not-found
Alicia Drey said:
[member="Albrecht Tagge"]

[member="Popo"] meant that the size of the Interdictors and three Ardent-class Fast Frigates equated to 3000+ meters (I haven't checked the math, it's a rough estimate) which means [member="Darth Naomi"] has 22,000M of ships to bring in.

By the way, I do know how to fleet, lol.
Are you saying the issue is over those 200 meters? I was under impression that they wanted my 22.2km fleet reduced to 4 practically blown up ships that you left behind.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Alicia Drey"]
Unless you stated before this issue arose in your IC post that you had the rest of your allowed allotment sitting in the distance, [member="Darth Naomi"] can only use the ships you brought. Otherwise, we have an issue of a reinforcement fleet with a sixth fleeter. Again, this is for balance.

[member="Mike Zenima"]
Could you please list your fleet lengths? That way [member="Ayden Cater"] and I know exactly what we're facing. Remember, it's 25km per fleeter and the OS can only field PC captained ships over 1km.

Darth Naomi

[member="Popo"]
Is there a rule that fleeters must list all of their fleet at once and cannot reinforce over time without replacing lost ships?
Extended version (view with discretion as it carries the risk of upsetting people, I wrote it down, but chose to withhold it seeing as it can be borderline offensive in some eyes, so read only if you are prepared to tolerate it):
Is there a rule that fleeters must list all of their fleet at once and cannot reinforce over time? Is there anything, other than a total limit, that would prevent a fleeter from having a single 100m corvette drop out every post until they had 200 of them? All I see is that total cannot exceed 25km per person, 125km and 5 fleeters per side. I believe Darth Banshee was the only one from One Sith who listed her fleet on her entry. I can't find the rule, if there is such please point it out.
If there is no such rule, then there is nothing to stop me from bringing 22km worth of ships the next post, even if you do not let me enter with it. Other than complaints, of course.
Speaking of it being reinforcements and upsetting the balance, I'd have to say that this is not replacing destroyed ships, this is utilizing the potential that Alicia did not use, the amount of ships brought would still not exceed what was agreed upon at the start of the thread, the only difference is that I would be playing it, not Alicia. It would be no different than Alicia herself calling down 22km more and then me replacing her.
The thing is that she did not consider herself a fleeter, that's why she didn't bring a full fleet, only 4 ships, her goal was to get aboard Popo's ship, nothing more fancy than the few people there flying around in fighters, bombers, shuttles, dropships blowing each other up. Neither was she on our faction's list of fleeters that I know of, nor was Mike one until now. Me being limited to only her vessels is basically killing a fleet through OOC means, because they are in a terrible state, position and numbers, so if decision is not changed I will simply not join.

You mentioned being outnumbered and implied that this is in order to keep the balance. What I can say about it is that if you knew you would not be able to cap out, you should not have agreed to such fleet limits in order to keep it fair before the fight started. And if you didn't then it's not our fault you got into a fight overconfident.
I am starting to lose hope of reaching a reasonable solution with you people. Me replacing Alicia was a decision made in order to help keep the balance and simplicity of my entry, but this gets more complicated with every step and to the point where I have to fend my reasoning in this manner. On the bright side in this invasion I have learned something I did not know about this site before, so I would not be too upset if this does not relay. I was late and I missed it.

[member="Popo"]

You've not heard of reinforcements?

I mean, it isn't the community's fault that after a development thread of a shipyard or the completed design and manufacture of a particular fanon type of Star Destroyer equates to threads where we have people pulling Ardent's and Interdictor's out of their ass and into invasion threads, with construction or development threads of their assembly whatsoever.

If we're going along the lines of rules, where is your construction/development thread of the ships you're using over Carida? I'll go public and say I didn't do a development thread for the Ayrix or the other ships in the thread. So, on that context, if they aren't constructed, they don't exist and they can't be used in the thread; and if that's the case, then it's same for you, the rest of the Republic, One Sith, Omega Protectorate and any other faction involved (saw some Fringers, dunno if they are rping).

So in conclusion, if we're throwing rules: why can't we state reinforcements to the agreed limit, if you can't provide ships exist? It's a two way street man. I suggest dropping it and let [member="Darth Naomi"] do what she likes.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Darth Naomi"]

Fleeting parameters were announced here:

Daella Apparine said:
OBJECTIVES 1. Gain control of the Circle of Merchants HQ in Carida City (the capital as there is not one listed on the Wookieepedia page). 2. Gain control of the Spinara Plateau where the Academy of Carida and the Military Council seat is. 3. Gain control of the Military Base/Training Area in the Forgofshar Desert. Fleeting will not be background like it was on Coruscant. A maximum of 25km per person with a limit of 5 fleeters per side. Any fleet outside the 125km per side will be considered background and will not count in this theater of battle. You must sign up with the Faction Leaders who will approve the official fleeters for each side as they would any other ally. The invasion will be reopened this evening. Thank you for being patient through this process. Edited by Kassandra Distorith, 22 June 2014 - 05:31 PM. Inclusion of terms for the invasion to proceed.
As for the rules themselves, just because it doesn't state you can't does not imply you can. Your argument is noted, but the decision on our part was made on your inquiry. "Reinforcements" would be a sixth fleet. If [member="Alicia Drey"] hadn't wanted to fleet, she should have brought a personal ship or a starfighter, like [member="Albrecht Tagge"], not ~2,400m of ships.

If you dislike the collective stance on this issue, you're free to contact an RPJ.

As for the Republic being able to construct ships over 1km, I'm currently seeking that thread. If it exists, I shall try and post it. If it does not, I shall try and either have the evidence of the issue being grandfathered into the updated rules or have the person who approved the grandfathering step forward.

The Republic was one of our original factions, just as the Sith Empire and Mandalorians were. So far as I am aware, they were grandfathered in simply because we didn't really have factory rules when the site first went up.

Edit: Also proof - one of the first ships to ever go up; 2km in length.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/614-salvation-class-star-defender/

It was actually because of how many of these new major factions were pumping out that we put the rule in.

Development threads for shipbuilding came about after this submission here. Major factions that existed prior to that submission were evaluated to have been substantial in size, active enough, and were thus grandfathered in. The four major factions at the time were the Republic, the Sith Empire, the Mandalorians, and OmegaPyre.

Darth Naomi

[member="Popo"]
"As for the rules themselves, just because it doesn't state you can't does not imply you can." That is majorly silly and exactly opposite of what I was told previously. Makes it look like rules are to be bent for one's purposes.
But I can't really prove anything, because the decision is yours, regardless of what logic dictates. At this point my only option is to bring in an un-biased RPJ. However, recently being a peaceful and philosophical soul, I do not wish to see any more turmoil, do not want to have one Judge overruling another, don't want a dispute between peers, do not wish to step on toes, even fat, dirty and hairy ones. That and I'm a man of my word, mostly. So as I said, since there's no dissuading you I'll delete my entry.
Thanks to everyone who backed me up on this, here or elsewhere.

That being said, I think One Sith will win this without me anyways, lel.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Darth Naomi"]
I know you stated otherwise, but if you seek an RPJ, I'll suggest [member="Kassandra Distorith"] or [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] as they're the most neutral RPJs I know of. Others have ties to the Republic and/or other areas.

Darth Naomi

[member="Popo"] That's gracious. I don't want issues between Judges because of me. The complications are to the level where I feel just dodging is the best option.
Also the post is already gone, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to retype it. It was pretty lengthy, ye kno

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
Popo said:
[member="Darth Naomi"]

Fleeting parameters were announced here:

As for the rules themselves, just because it doesn't state you can't does not imply you can. Your argument is noted, but the decision on our part was made on your inquiry. "Reinforcements" would be a sixth fleet. If [member="Alicia Drey"] hadn't wanted to fleet, she should have brought a personal ship or a starfighter, like [member="Albrecht Tagge"], not ~2,400m of ships.

If you dislike the collective stance on this issue, you're free to contact an RPJ.

As for the Republic being able to construct ships over 1km, I'm currently seeking that thread. If it exists, I shall try and post it. If it does not, I shall try and either have the evidence of the issue being grandfathered into the updated rules or have the person who approved the grandfathering step forward.
Well...I brought a SQUADRON of starfighters, and a pretty good one if their current kill tally is any indicator*, but I suppose your point still stands in this instance in regards to the distinction between fleeting and what Alicia was doing.

*: This is a point I should have clarified earlier: the fighters my squadron shot down were not a front line Republic fighter squadron. They were a squadron of cadets that had been hurriedly assembled from the pilot training course at Carida's military academy to help bolster the Republic's defenses. While highly motivated and available in fair numbers, their inexperience and incomplete training makes them easy prey to a squadron like the Bloodfins, which consists largely of ex-mercenaries, pirates and other cutthroats with years of experience in space combat of one form or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom