Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Hollow Shell-varis | GA Dominion of Empty Hex North of Selvaris

two.png

Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo | Ryana mina Ryana mina | Cailen Corso Cailen Corso
GAPostBreaker.png
Wu Yong turned to the Twi'lek girl and its photoreceptors blinked on and off before it vibrated - the droid's equivalent to a shiver.

"The technobeasts were horrible sithspawn created through a twisted bit of Sith Alchemy. Very terrifying. I hope you do not have to face such horrors." Gabriel realized that his mouth was hanging open and quickly recovered himself.

"This is Da-" Last names. Titles. Right. "This is Master Masudo." he gestured to the Zeltron and smiled fondly. "She was...a good friend. Master Masudo, this is my new Padawan, Ryana Mina." Pleasantries exchanged, he nodded. "Yes, Wu Yong and I are here to document this sickness for the archives. And to keep the people here safe of course while we are here." He cleared his throat, his eyes wandering a little too much for comfort. He felt a pang of guilt. They weren't padawans any longer and the memory of his wife still haunted him. It made it difficult to even look at his child, they reminded him so much of their mother.

"How long will you be here? I'm no doctor and as of late I've been more comfortable around droids and dusty old books than people. I could use the help."

"I was just telling Loomi here of my friendship with Knight Serys-Organa."
"Indeed. You and Amani are the best of friends."

Loomi glanced between the two adults, a puzzled look on her face. Were they telling a joke? She didn't quite understand. Serys-Organa... they had the same last name.

Oh, that was like Valery and Kahlil. They were... married. Yeah, that was the word. The Godoan didn't fully understand how that worked, but she knew that at least the Nobles seemed to care about each other very much. It was love, but not like in the regular friendship way? There was still a lot that she didn't really understand about the concept.

"Yeah," Loomi nodded, a faint smile coming to her face at Minerva's mention of the ice cream place. "I had a lot of fun."

She just liked going places with other people.

A frown came to the Godoan's face as she turned back to Alicio, a curious look on her face.

"You and Knight Serys are... married, right?" she guessed. "How does that work. B-being married, I mean."

two.png

Long-Term Refugee Camp
Selvaris

- Loomi Loomi - Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad - Open -
Alicio was surprised to see that the Jedi and Minerva already knew each other as well. He was genuinely shocked to see how small their galaxy was, at times. The Force worked in mysterious ways.

Another frown overtook his features, which Alicio quickly banished. He didn't want to think about the Will of the Force. Not right now.

"In that case, congratulations, Captain." Alicio flashed a small smile the Mandalorian's way. "I know what it's like to be entrusted with... more responsibility than one is used to. You'll grow with it, I'm sure." He'd certainly felt weight on his shoulders when he jumped from a city liason to a senator. But his shoulders had strengthened to carry the weight, just like Minerva's would.

"The... House... goes well." Alicio expression grew more neutral. "Both of us have been busy, with everything that's happening." The Count's hands naturally found a brooding position behind his back. "But the children are growing every day, and... my wife and I... recently visited her childhood home." The trip had been cathartic, more for Amani than for him. But they'd promised to go back soon, and renovate the farmstead with their children. That promise, to get away from all the crises, and just spend time with his family...

That's what kept him going.

"You and Knight Serys are... married, right? How does that work. B-being married, I mean."

"I feel as if I'm still figuring that out myself, some days." He chuckled a little, glancing at Minerva with bobbing shoulders, as if to say 'the jig is up'. But then, realizing that Loomi's question came from a place of genuine confusion, Alicio cradled his chin with his thumb and forefinger. How could he explain it?

"Well... first, we started dating." His eyes turned distant. A surefire way to make Alicio zone out was to get him to talk about Amani Serys. "We went on a few dates, saved each other's lives a few times, fell in love... And... after a while, I realized that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Amani. No matter where I was, I wanted her there with me. No matter where she was, I wanted to stand by her." He smiled softly, absently rubbing the Mirialan tattoo on his wrist. A declaration of love. "I told her as much... and she wanted that too."

"So now, we're a team. Going through whatever our lives have for us, together. Starting a family..."
Alicio shrugged. seeming to save himself from whatever memory he'd fallen into. "Um... And the rest is history."

two.png

Selvaris, Refugee Camp

Tag: Loomi Loomi Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

With how Alicio describes his relationship with Amani to their Jedi friend she couldn't help but be reminded of how Amani told it from her point of view back on Batuu a year ago. Both of them were truly in love. Even though Minerva never experienced such romance yet she appreciates its existence in the universe.

Life can be more than just survival, pain and death. What they have with each other and that of their children is proof of that.

In their walk Minerva wondered if she would ever find a relationship like that with someone among these stars. Someone to share the rest of her life with or it was too late? Time will tell.

Turning a corner she remarked.

"Amani recounted a similar story when we worked at Batuu. She said to the effect of how some fancy Organa guy won her over."

She smirked in amusement, quoting that term Amani referred to her husband during last year’s discussion. Deciding to spare the senator further teasing, however lighthearted Minerva next said.

"My birth parents were like that with each other from what my father told me growing up. He was a close friend of theirs even though they weren't Mandalorians. So much so that he allowed me to keep their surname upon my adoption and their passing. He said they were the best people he ever knew."

There was a time Minerva wouldn't tell anyone about this but things have changed. It wasn't a shame to admit that she hadn't been born Mandalorian; what mattered was that she lived as one according to her interpretation of the creed. Not to mention she wouldn't even exist if it had not been for the love between her original parents. That is something she learned by now not to take for granted.

While passing a pair of bickering protocol droids, one silver plated and one of blue color Minerva turned to Loomi.

"If I didn't know any better Loomi I would say you're looking for relationship advice with that kind of question. Is there a fellow padwan back at the temple special to you?"

The armored woman laughed in good nature before waving her hand with reassurance.

"Relax kid ya don't really have to tell us I was just joking."

Last edited:

The dropship abandoned them, slipping out on a different route than they'd entered. With their timeline constrained, the group was forced to move a little faster than what would have been perfectly stealthy. Regardless, the Pathfinders and agents made their way through the jungle undergrowth, camouflage and reflec keeping them difficult to spot.

Compared to the white-armoured technobeasts, they were veritably invisible.

"I can't sense them," she said, opening her eyes. They'd just broken the two kilometer mark from the camp. Their sensors had picked up a squad of hostiles a hundred meters away; now at eighty meters, they had visual confirmation. Three porcelain-armoured soldiers, along with a squadron of elite Sith soldiers accompanying them, all advancing along a path that cut through theirs at a slight angle southeast.

She couldn't sense them, but to an extent she could sense that she couldn't sense them. They were like stones in a river, disrupting its flow; these were not Force sensitives, at least in the traditional sense. She'd be much more limited in tactics for the coming conflict.

"Alright -- I'm on point. I'll keep the tough ones busy. If you've got a shot on them, take it, but otherwise take out their supports. Keep an eye out for any other hidden handlers. Beta, Gamma, let's pincer to envelop, I don't want anyone getting out. Alpha, we're going right in. We might be made after this, but hopefully our jamming holds up. If not, we've got X-wings on standby, and they'll be able to reach engagement range in less than 10.

"Move."
She signalled, then advanced through the jungle quietly. Tallara crept up closest, hand on her vibroblade, and took up position behind a tree. The creatures began to pass-

Two smoky explosions of dampener aerosol burst up between the Sith troopers and their monsters to separate them. Tallara followed up, moving in unnatural silence. The first swing of her weapon cut clean through the back of one of the white-armoured creature's knees, forcing it to fall over. The second strike went for the neck, but the creature shifted its arm and head, and her blade glanced off its thick armour.

Instantly she was in a defensive stance, beating away a swing of a flail-like limb-attached weapon from the second of the creatures, and then another attack from the third. Though she couldn't sense their attacks, she could see them; though their strikes were powerful, her every muscle was reinforced with otherworldly strength.

By then the blaster and slug-fire had erupted all around her, and she moved to strike once more.

Loomi listened and processed… kinda. They cared about each other a lot it seemed, enough that they wanted to spend their lives together, but it was clearly different from being friends. Right? She didn’t really have a reference for what falling in love was like. The Godoan had friends, but she really didn’t know if she loved any like that. It was alien, a concept that she couldn’t quite wrap her head around. Perhaps it was just because she hadn’t been exposed to the idea of marriage before now.

“That… makes sense, I think,” she noted with a confused frown. “W-well, not completely, but if the two of you are happy that’s good, right?”

"If I didn't know any better Loomi I would say you're looking for relationship advice with that kind of question. Is there a fellow padwan back at the temple special to you?"

Loomi froze up, becoming red in the face. Was she asking for relationship advice subconsciously without fully grasping the concept? Did she even have the capacity to think of someone as a ‘special’ kind of friend? Did she already? It was difficult to say, the Godoan had really been caught of guard by the entire idea. She had simply never thought about it before.

Oh. It was just a joke. She didn’t need to answer. A sigh of relief escaped from the young teen.

“Okay…” Loomi nodded with an exhale. “I don’t think I have anyone like that anyways. B-besides, that just seems like adult stuff.”

Yeah, it was adult stuff. She was still a kid, so that wasn’t her problem. That’s what she tried to convince herself anyways.

Now adulthood seemed much more daunting than before.

The Vulptex

Thief of Thieves. Ninja Master.
"Move." She signalled, then advanced through the jungle quietly. Tallara crept up closest, hand on her vibroblade, and took up position behind a tree.
The ninja moved silently, adjusting her blaster for lethal mode. She wasn't gonna take any chances.
Three porcelain-armoured soldiers, along with a squadron of elite Sith soldiers accompanying them, all advancing along a path that cut through theirs at a slight angle southeast.
Rather than drop down, an illusion, a mirror copy of Vulptex fell down from the trees. She'd give the beasts a chance to react, before a twin set of overcharged blaster bolts went through their skulls, and the Vulptex was once again hidden in the canopy of the forest, out of sight.

She knew how to keep herself hidden. It was easy at this point. Misdirect, and distract.

Now it was a matter of keeping up with her compatriots.

He gave the troops a look that said 'on my mark' before taking the first of several soft steps toward the beast.
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna waited above, Liz drawn. She knew these things wouldn't go down without a fight.

But she also didn't want to wait for a signal. Blaster fire would just cause her to have to jump into the fray of plasma. So she took the initiative. The cathar slid across a branch, before lunging down, stabbing her sword right into the top of the beast's head. IF she could keep the beast down, keep it's attention, the others could keep their stealth and find a more advantageous position. Strike at it's weak points. At least, that was the idea.

two.png

VVVDHjr.png
THE SURGING PRECIPICE

REFUGEE MEDICAL CAMP SELVARIS WILD SPACE
Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce Ryana mina Ryana mina Cailen Corso Cailen Corso
VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

The slip-up not just on her part, but on his certainly did not escape her, and it had made her eyebrows float just a little in muted surprise; when was the last time someone had called her by that name? The last time she had let someone address her that way? It had been like drawing a line in duracrete, while it was drying, maybe closing and locking a door… or a box, taped shut.

Ichika gave a short nod to his answer. “I’ll be here as long as it takes to do the groundwork,” she admitted, frankly, “or until an emergency pulls me back; whichever comes first.” Her patients were largely stable for the moment; she had colleagues looking out for them. She gestured forward, indicating that they should walk together, and stepped off, “I am… we are here to document impressions for the part of the illness that the eye can’t truly see, which contributes to the longer-term care of the afflicted here. The mind does not so easily heal, if it ever fully recovers.”

She looked at Cailen.

“As I was about to explain to you: we start with sensing general impressions, then delve deeper,” she added for him, then looking forward, “having an empathic sense helps with picking out particulars.” Ichika looked up at the other master, and gave a fond smile of her own, “So, our purposes align.”

NnAyHNJ.png

two.png

Long-Term Refugee Camp
Selvaris

“That… makes sense, I think. W-well, not completely, but if the two of you are happy that’s good, right?”

"Right. I suppose it doesn't make sense," Alicio conceded, growing a private smile. "Love is silly that way."

Alicio turned his good-natured smile on Minerva, becoming noticeably more playful. "Oh reeeally? What else did Amani happen to say about me?" He was certain she'd never actually do anything to hurt him, but what was a little behind-the-back roasting between spouses? The revelation that Amani and Alicio were like Minerva's birth-family was a shocking jolt of reality to the Count. He had certainly changed a lot if peers were comparing him to their parents.

Of course, soon after, the magnifying glass was pressed to Loomi. Alicio looked over with a curious uptick of his eyebrow. There was nobody, but she certainly got flustered with the question. "Well, marriage certainly is adult stuff," he agreed, nodding his head as he stepped in front of the pallet, halting it. They had reached the edge of the camp, where rows of tilled fields awaited planting. Alicio started passing off bags of seed to farmers, greeting each with a smile and nod.

"But dating is often teen stuff too, if that's what you're interested in." Passing off another bag, Alicio used the break to turn to the Jedi, smirking. "But I didn't have my first date until I was into my twenties. I wasn't... ready, before then. And I'm glad I waited until I was."

two.png

Selvaris, Refugee Camp

Tag: Loomi Loomi Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Open

"Yea don't overthink it Loomi. Just focus on the present."

To Alicio she snorted jokingly.

"Oh she went on how she didn't expect a politician to get his hands dirty, helping her with relief work but you sure gave her a pleasant surprise from the sound of it."

Like he was doing right now from what Minerva observed as the Alderaanian gave farmers bags of seeds for their corps. Truth be told, despite being in the Alliance military for a few years she hadn't met any politicians, much less senators except for Organa. Though from the live session she watched rotations earlier the Mandalorian can't say she was a fan of some of Organa’s colleagues who spoke up.

To be fair my people are feared and hated by many right now due to the Enclave's actions as of late. We're not supposed to care about outsider opinions about us but yet those crusaders want the whole galaxy to be afraid of them. That mindset reeks of hypocrisy.

Closing her eyes momentarily at those thoughts she opened them again. Subsequently Minerva helped Alicio pass some of the bags. At the talk about dating she remarked.

"Well I can't judge. Been only on a few dates with fellow Mandalorians in the past but no serious relationship came from any of that. If that changes I do want to raise a family together with whoever it will be."

As soon as the words came out of it she noted a couple meters away moving about with the father carrying his little boy on the shoulders as the latter giggled. Minerva watched for another few seconds before resuming her effort to help with the bags.

Last edited:

"But dating is often teen stuff too, if that's what you're interested in."

Dating? Loomi gave a confused look at the notion of a date. That seemed like a familiar word. Where had she heard it before? It was in the back of her mind, she was sure of it. She just needed to visualize it...

pngwing.com_1.png

No, no. That was the fruit again. People didn't go on a fruit. That was ridiculous. A bit more concentration did have her arrive at a conclusion though, one which flooded her mind with even more stress.

Braze Braze had said that word when he had taken her to lunch. Was that a date? Did he...

By this point in the conversation Loomi was completely checked out, staring off into space with a bright red face. It was as though she had come to a realization, an obvious truth that had been staring her in the face that she had simply been to blind to see. It was only the distant laughing of a little boy that had snapped her back into reality, prompting a very flustered reaction from the Godoan.

"S-sorry," Loomi laughed awkwardly. "I-I think I spaced out. I... do that sometimes."

She silently hoped that the subject would change.

VVVDHjr.png

FLOWING FORWARDS - PEERING BACKWARDS
IN THE JUNGLE - SELVARIS - WILD SPACE
Silas Westgard Silas Westgard
VVVDHjr.png

It was hard, but it was the truth.

Over time, he would find a way to live with his experiences; his parents, themselves veterans, had given him similar advice when he was a kid. He could forget most of the time that he had kinda felt this way before when his great-grandfather had passed, and that sadness had faded away, that pain had lost its sting, with time. What it had left behind were memories of what was warm and good.

It was often too easy to forget that the hurt was temporary when you were in the thick of it, but Silas was right. When the Knight’s hand squeezed his shoulder and Silas gave him further reassurance, Toby swallowed and nodded, “Alright,” he replied, knowing he should trust the more senior Jedi’s guidance. Knowing that he could, and knowing that he was trusted to heed it.

Keeping quiet, Toby followed along with Silas and crouched behind some bushes. Being closer to the origin of the smell made his nose wrinkle, but the sight of the shambling, warped, decaying forms of the zombies widened his eyes. The combination of the sight and smell, knowing that this was real, and that they suffered, that they were once… whole like him was a more visceral horror than any cinematic holo.

Silas’ grumbling pulled Toby’s gaze and attention to the Knight, but as he continued to speak and mentioned the cave and their need to close it, the Padawan looked in that direction and he tried to think of a solution. That these zombies might still have any humanity left, any shred of a soul, flattened any curve he might have had in his lips… but they were suffering. Needlessly and beyond the point of recovery.

“Can we collapse the entrance?” The obvious answer in his teenage head was some kind of explosive like they did in the holos, but this wasn’t a holoflick, and Jedi didn’t carry explosives. At least, he’d never seen any of them do it, so when it came to the how, he was a bit stumped. “Is there a way we could do that?”

Last edited:
Tides of Change

fourE.png

7BUIiLq.png

Elias sensed Jonyna Si Jonyna Si above, stopping in his tracks and holding a raised fist to halt the troopers. A split-second later, the Cathar was atop the technobeast, her blade anchored in the thrashing creature’s head. It bought them time, which they wasted precious little of. The troopers fanned out around the beast while Elias drew his lightsaber and leaped into the fray.

He brought the blade down hard against its exposed chest, slashing through it like butter. The troopers followed with a burst of precise blastershots, aiming for its joints while staying cautious of the Jedi that mounted the beast.

A flawless execution that would fell it in no time.

two.png

GAPostBreaker.png

Sense general impressions, pick out particulars,’ Cailen echoed in his mind.

He gave Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo a quick nod, trying to keep pace with her, Master Pryce, and Ryana mina Ryana mina as they walked through the camp. The people here were so different from anyone he’d seen before, and even quite different from one another. Some welcomed the Jedi warmly while others seemed to loathe their intervention. Cailen thought of the man who ran into him just minutes ago. It was intentional, a catalyst to incite aggression.

He just wanted to help. And to understand. Surely Maw occupation couldn’t be preferable to the Alliance?

Cailen remained secluded in his thoughts as they went, giving cursory nods and smiles to those who offered them to him.

fourE.png

C L A N K_I N_T H E_N I G H T

FINAL DAWN
SELVARIS, WILD SPACE

As the Stealth Ship hoovered above the Mountain Range, the scattered Reconnaissance Drones began to get to work, scanning their surroundings in search of both the Compound in addition to keeping an eye out for any activity across the jungle. Fortunately, for Torson and much of the Stealth Ship's crew, they didn't have to wait any much longer. "Sir! I think one of the Drones just picked up something." One of the Officers cried out. Torson quickly rushed to said officer's console to see what the Drone in question had picked up. As Torson reached the console he could quickly make out some weird White-armored creatures accompanied by Armored Soldiers and a Robed Figure, or atleast what seemed to be a robed figure, before the Drone was instantly destroyed by the whip-like arms of one of the White-armored creatures, with the Console immediately losing contact with the Drone as a result.

"Play back that footage real quick" Torson requested. The Officer did as ordered, slowly playing back the footage until the original image of the mysterious host showed up. "Stop right there." Torson said. "Enhance that image" he ordered once more. The officer once more did as the Captain commanded, increasing the resolution of that image so that Torson could have a better view of what lurked in the jungle. Eventually, the image would soon become clear enough to the point that Torson could make out the faces and helmets of the mysterious figures within. "Try to see if we can find any information on those Soldiers on our databse." Torson ordered. "In the meantime, send a pair of drones to keep track of that group, i want to know where they're going and if that can give us any hits at whether we are closer to our target or not. Make sure to keep the Drones at a considerable distance away from those creatures in order to avoid getting them knocked out of the sky"

As Torson relayed his orders, another Officer cried out, his own Drone having come across another important feature in the Jungle. "Sir, you might want to take a look at this." the Officer said. As Torson headed towards the console he could see the live feed from the Drone displaying what looked to be like a worn down wall with towers also worn down. As the Drone investigated further it spotted a large Gate, which had been forced open recently and was in a similar condition to the adjacent wall and towers. Eventually the Drone would soon uncover a a few landing pads, three warehouses and the ruins of a building located along the mountain, all of which had been consumed by the Jungle. "That's it." Torson said. "That's our destination." he added. "Have the Drone pin the location of those ruins and set course for that area. We'll first extract our contacts and then go investigate what that mysterious group is about."

Soon enough, the Stealth Ship was on the move again, headed towards the newly-discovered Compound, ready to begin the extraction. Hopefully, Sularen's contacts there we're alive and unscathed, as they held a considerable amount of importance for Sularen especially considering at how he had sent his top operatives into enemy territory filled with GADF Forces and these Mysterious Forces out in the Jungle. However, what really bothered Torson the most was the mysterious host his Reconaissance Drones had spotted, he was quite curious to know who was in charge of it and what was their purpose here, although he would find out the answer to that question soon enough.

"Alright -- I'm on point. I'll keep the tough ones busy. If you've got a shot on them, take it, but otherwise take out their supports. Keep an eye out for any other hidden handlers. Beta, Gamma, let's pincer to envelop, I don't want anyone getting out. Alpha, we're going right in. We might be made after this, but hopefully our jamming holds up. If not, we've got X-wings on standby, and they'll be able to reach engagement range in less than 10.

"Move."
Tallara was the Force Sensitive one and the most knowledgeable, no one heading a mission with the SIA gives all the info in the briefing, and if she wanted to tangle with the new soldiers first, so be it. He'd be watching.

The agent put his back to one tree and his flank to another. Bracing his elbow on the bark as he aimed. He scanned the marching patrol as the purple skinned alien crept forward. The gas went off to hide her approach, but she was quickly on the backfoot as all three turned and began swiping at her. Melee focused, then. No strange Magick guns or anything, it seemed. Good. He aimed for it's head, saw how well Tallara was dodging, waited for it to raise it's arm and pulled the trigger. He was perpendicular to the beast, making the maground tear through it's upper chest from one armpit to the next. He could have hit the head, but they were heading towards a base where these things might have been made. They needed to know how fragile, or how robust, these things were. Did they care about internal organs and skeletal structure rupturing? Or would it take only a headshot? Dominik loaded another round in and shot again, this time aiming more for it's hips. And another.

Blasterfire was everywhere as soon as Tallara had gone in, but Dominik was a stone's throw away from it all, doing what was entirely in his comfort zone: Sniping.

His vision was filled with hot sparks as particle beams exploded off his armor, jerking him and knocking him in a tree. He turned to see two troopers advancing on him. They must have noticed the supporting fire and came up to deal with him. He held the rifle in his left hand as his right pulled his Sidearm, unleashing on them. Sparks came off their armor and helmets too, being rated to withstand all but the toughest of blows. And they only flinched a little at the incoming blasts.

He turned and dodged a particle beam, wooden bark mulch coating him, tossed the MagRifle up to catch it by the handle and fired with his marksman instincts. A bloody hole appeared in a crunching flash in the trooper on the left's helmet before he crumpled. The other trooper cried out and unloaded on Dominik, the beams blasting him around. The MagSniper was bolt-action, and he couldn't work the bolt like this!

Dominik moved towards him, curling to make sure the bolts hit his beskar and not the body suit beneath until he got close. The MagRifle slammed into his side like a club, opening a wide gap in his armor on the opposite side as he bent to take the blow. His hands went to grapple Dominik but his sidearm was already pressed up against his bodysuit, firing twice up into the trooper's chest. Then the barrel got under his chin and before he could breath again the inside of the helmet was redecorated. The sidearm was covered in the trooper's blood and he dropped. The Elite Troopers were carrying some expensive armor too. He reloaded the weapon and holstered it before working the bolt once more on the MagRifle. He took out another trooper, keeping one eye on those white enemies as he continued to blow holes in the supporting troopers.

Last edited:

two.png

Long-Term Refugee Camp
Selvaris

"She told me all that the night I helped her, too." Alicio had a tiny smile on his face, as he thought back to Tython, though he didn't halt the line of farmers that he forked over the bags to. "I just... I wish more of my colleagues would get their hands dirty, too. It shouldn't be an anomaly, for a senator to want to help people."

The Count's eyes found Minerva as she spoke further, pausing a moment to leap up onto the floating pallet with surprising grace. "If you're searching for advice, Minerva, I'd say it isn't a bad thing to take things slow. There's no shame in waiting for the right partner. But... Sometimes, you just have to go for it. That's how Amani caught me." He smirked, beginning to hand bags down.

Loomi seemed to just emerge from her own mind, apologizing. The senator merely shook his head in understanding. He couldn't speak to what had gripped her attention, but he certainly understood the feeling. "It's fine. I get trapped in my own head, too."

There was someone else at the pallet, too, lingering at the edges of the crowd. A small boy, six or seven, with no father to sit on the shoulder of. He seemed to hesitate at the edge of the crowd, as if trying to work up the courage to approach.

The mind does not so easily heal, if it ever fully recovers.”

Gabriel's brain stopped working, all processes stopping and his body moving on autopilot. His boots squelched in the mud, his feet barely lifting up enough to clear the mounds be made with his heavy lumbering gait. It always hit him like this. The deep, onset melancholy. The slightest memory could trigger an episode. It made him an utterly useless father, and though the Council wouldn't say this was the case, it was probably why he no longer went on many missions far from the Core. This though, was a rarity.

He didn't even try to snap himself out of it. He just continued, pretending to listen as Daisy spoke about her task here. He maintained a polite enough face, though his default now was a bushy browed scowl.

"They do," more autopilot. "Though I'm surprised you aren't in the field. I remember you being quite the duelist." She dueled right? Good with swords? Sabers? Her and...and...Why couldn't he remmber his name? So many memories. Gone, as if sucked from him by a Corellian limpet.

fourE.png

Clank in the Night
Benzir Evacuation Status - 22% (Every ten percent another transport will take off)
Forces in the Jungles: Mekhisian Vong, Blackblade Guardsmen, Ravenscar Adepts

Even as the Jedi and their comrades started to wade into the jungle, encountering some of the wandering patrols and hunter killer teams, and the leftover zombies that the Sith hadn't wiped out, the evacuation of their base continued at a steady pace. The second transport had lifted off with more specimens and recruited Vong, cloaking as it left to avoid detection on its journey back towards the Caldera.

Sith-sunfire.png

Tallara Tallara Dominik Borra Dominik Borra The Vulptex The Vulptex

The approach of the elite team of SIA and Pathfinders had been shadowed, but as luck would have it for them, the hunter-killer team they encountered had not been alerted and only realized they were under attack when the aerosol grenades went off. For the blue-skinned Near-Human, her first strike had managed to find one of the few weak points in the armor covering the metallic-looking Vong, bringing it down even as it struck out towards her and deflected her follow up attacks as two of its comrades came to its aid, shouting phrases in Vongese, distorted.

For the ninja, she would find that the white-armored Vong paid no heed to the illusion as the Vong didn't care about Force illusions or most any Force powers that might be directed their way. The illusion did draw some of the fire from the emerging Blackblades as the soldiers moved out of the aerosol cloud and into cover to exchange fire. The ninja's high-powered blaster shots to the head would also be found to not be as effective as they may have hoped as much of the head was covered by the strong armor of the altered vonduun crabs. Scorch marks would indicate where they had been hit, and the ninja would certainly have attracted attention now, even as they disappeared into the trees. The ravens were still watching, and the one commanding this particular hunter-killer team was equally at home with nature. The trees would seem to come to life as the branches answered the call of the Sith Adept.

The elite agent would also find one of the weak points of the armor as his maground tore through an armpit and into the chest of a technobeast Vong, eliciting a gout of black oily-like blood and a metallic sounding shout of pain as the Vong was injured. The hip shots would be deflected by the armor the creature, but the agent had attracted its attention and another of its comrades that burst from the treeline, even as Blackblade fired also converged on him.

Elias Edo Elias Edo Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Upon closer inspection of the technobeast that Elias and his team had masterfully taken down, they would find that it didn't quite match reports from the refugees on what had been stalking the outskirts of their camps. The creature, a Chazrach slave, they felled was only half-transformed, a hybrid of sinew and cybernetics, and they would notice that it had sustained wounds from where the metallic mutations had spread from not within the last half hour.

They would also realize the creature was bait when the blaster fire from the Blackblade guardsmen began ripping through the undergrowth towards them and white-armored figures burst out of the tree line, their war cries of the Vong, but twisted and metallic sounding as their whip-like amphistaves swung through the air to cut and potentially infect the Jedi and their soldiers.

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Toby Perris Toby Perris

The cave and its zombie inhabitants had been herded by the Sith to act as a both a prison and pen for the undead remains of the Maw occupation. It had been convenient for testing as the Sith could control how many creatures emerged for testing and extermination. For the two Jedi, a single raven would continue to sit in the trees above them, merely watching how they might handle the cave.

Joseph Torson Joseph Torson

As the white-armored Vong were new creations, there would be no hits on the database for the Final Dawn commandos, although the accompanying soldiers with them would be easily recognized as the Blackblade soldiers of Darth Carnifex. The Sith Adept would equally be unknown to the Final Dawn team, and the sighting and downing of one drone had placed all of the hunter-killer team on alert. Where the Sith Adept had been, a raven would take flight and provide aerial eyes for more drones that would follow the squad as it made its way back through the jungle towards Benzir Base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom