Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Ravenscar Adepts

3d672475cacf8a0104f2ffc001c3a723.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit a special unit within the power base of the Lady of Secrets
  • Image Credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3O06m
  • Role: A unit of specially trained Sith that can be dispatched by the Lady of Secrets, Darth Arcanix, on covert operations, but generally they are sent on retrieval missions for specimens for her experiments and studies.
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links:
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Ravenscar Adepts
  • Affiliation:
  • Classification: Covert Operations and Specimen Retrievals
  • Description: Formed as the power base of Darth Arcanix expanded and evolved in the wake of the collapse of the Tenth Sith Empire, Ravenscar Adepts are specially trained Enigma Adepts (Sith Knights) that are used by their Master for various covert operations and specimen retrievals. The insignia of the unit, a variation of the Order of Arcane Syn emblem with a stylized talon slash behind it, is found on the shoulder plates of their armor.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Unit Size: Small
  • Unit Availability: Unique
  • Unit Experience: Elite
  • Equipment:
  • Combat Function:
    • Ravenscar Adepts have a preference for stealth and long range combat, with a particular skill in utilizing the natural environment around them to their advantage as their missions generally take them to more bio-diverse planets and locations as opposed to more controlled locations such as Coruscant or other fully developed planets. The unit, only consisting Sith Knights are usually deployed in teams of three in their missions, with authority to command and commandeer other forces of the Lady of Secrets as needed. While their missions do not generally involve direct combat with larger enemy forces, they would take on a sniper/ambusher/saboteur role in a major conflict, but would require heavier support if in such a scenario. Their goals are generally to complete the mission assigned to them by their Master, whether that be intelligence gathering or capturing a specific creature or sentient.
Strengths:
  • Ravenscar Adepts are fully trained Sith Knights, with Darth Arcanix and other Sith within her power base training them in a specific skillset that best compliments their tasks:
    • Force Stealth
    • Beast Control
    • Plant Surge
    • Alter Environment
    • Spear of Midnight Black
    • Stasis Field
    • Lightsaber Style - Ataru
  • Ravenscar Adepts have been trained, both in a traditional sense and relying on their connection to the Force to enhance their muscle memory, to be expert marksmen, archers, and hunters. Skilled at a range with their Aurora Industries bow, they are also adept at tracking and trapping skills, having the knowledge to fashion and set intricate traps for unsuspecting quarry.
Weaknesses:
  • While highly effective in covert operations, and they can operate as part of a larger operation, they are not really trained for such and would be at a disadvantage for more warfare-minded forces.
  • Trained as ranged combatants if placed in a combat situation, they are not as strong at close quarters combat, especially against trained Force users that use more power focused combat styles. In addition, more powerful Force users such as Master rank individuals can in all likelihood overpower a Ravenscar Adept, especially if they are isolated from their team and engaged in close quarters.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

With the fall of the Tenth Sith Empire, and the continued evolution and shadowy plans of the Order of Arcane Syn, Darth Arcanix began adapting and altering the structure and composition of her field units. While she could field a small army if needed, many of her desires and objectives required quieter force, especially in the current state of the galaxy. Many of the Sith that followed her; many of whom had been Jedi that she had suborned and joined her during the first Galactic Alliance of the modern era in Operation Eclipse, along with others she had recruited from Sith space would be reorganized into units and specialized adept classifications based on their skills.

Ravenscar Adepts, the Sith Adepts that make up the unit, were all originally Jedi that had fallen to the dark side and been trained by Darth Arcanix. Each individual selected to join the Ravenscar Adepts were gifted an Auriel bow designed by Aurora Industries and a set of Dorocha Armor, which many have modified in look with slight aesthetic changes and adding hoods. The alchemists and sorcerers of the Order of Arcane Syn, utilizing knowledge gleaned from the Nightsister clan that swore fealty to Darth Arcanix, have each been equipped with a Talisman of Transformation of the Raven to allow them to pass unseen as a creature from prying eyes or scans. With training to control and alter the nature around them, whether it be plant, animal, or even the very earth, Ravenscar Adepts are powerful Sith adepts and a more unique force to reckon with in the clandestine world.

Under Review Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Template fields look good, and as a small, unique unit these folks can use all this special equipment. My one concern here is that their weaknesses aren't really weaknesses, just things they're not quite as good at. If I'm an Olympic-level swimmer and only good at running marathons, I wouldn't say that marathons are my weakness. Melee combat certainly isn't a weakness for them if they wield lightsabers and are trained in Ataru. That puts them probably in the top 1% of melee combatants in the galaxy. Maybe top 5% in this era of Jedi and Sith.

Codex judges are ultimately not arbiters of balance, so this is a suggested change, not a required one. However, this submission could be reported on balance grounds and end up back here under review, so I'd recommend adding a more actionable weakness to balance things out. If you'd rather pass on that and take your chances, just tell me and I'll approve this.

The Mongrel The Mongrel

Not as experienced with subbing and balancing an NPC unit as a Species sub (obviously), but I made this more for window dressing and lore fleshing out rather than something that will crop up in combat threads very often, so I will keep it as is and just be careful with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom