Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaeli

K
Chiss Ascendancy | Brask Family
"Kaeli" | Brask'ael'inrokini
Objective II: Hell Frozen Over
Allies: Liza Liza
Enemies: Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren
-

Her weapon, unlike the blasters wielded by some of her kin, added a new dynamic to the Sith's defense. Or Offense. Despite her repeated shots the man kept coming. A charric bolt searing into the man's armor and flesh did little to dissuade him. A confused expression gripped at Kaeli's features. The man bled into the snow and yet seemed unaffected. The Force. It was a strange mistress as Kaeli'd heard it. Capable of pushing ordinary beings to unnatural lengths and granting unnatural powers. A grunt of satisfaction escaped her lips as she continued to close the distance, she'd drawn his attention with the last bolt.

"Hahahahahaha! Well I must give it to you, you actually made me bleed a little... I just might have to kill you extra special..."

"You will try!" she shouted, ducking and rolling to the side. A glimmer of hope flashed in her mind as the man continued to advance, the crimson blade of his saber cackling with power. The charric was a great weapon but it wasn't going to save her from that. The man's plodding steps suddenly changed, a loth-cat like agility sending her into a scamper. Her eyes darted to the ground, eyes seeking any sort of weapon that might assist her in keeping her head. Firing two quick shots in the Sith's direction with her charric she dove, eyes set on a new weapon - one that had been dropped by one of her comrades. A melee weapon.

Any old staff wouldn't have done any good against the superheated plasma blade but this one was unique - an amalgamation of regular alloy with that of Phrik. It wouldn't hold up forever against a saber but it was still dangerous.

"You're on our world now Sith!" she shouted, hands finding purchase on the haft of the spearlike weapon. It was slick, covered in the blood of her kinsmen but she managed to raise its point towards the behemoth advancing on her. "It's your time to die." Her voice began with confidence but as the full terror of the... man thing before her settled in, the visage caused her voice to crack. Now was the time to let her training take over, now was the time to fight for home and family. Now was her chance to earn her stripes.

Objective: Prepare the final blow
Allies: Attackers, BOTM
Enemies: Defenders
Tags: (If I forgot you I'm sorry, too many people to keep track of)
The Mercy prepared to fire, about to unleash a torrent of death to wipe Csilla clean from the face of the galaxy...

When, all of a sudden, multiple explosions rocked the station. The consoles that the technicians were working at started beeping furiously, indicating that something was wrong. Havoc looked down at his console and started typing, trying to figure out what was the matter. "Status report! Why hasn't the station locked on yet?" He yelled to his technicians and gunners, who were also working furiously.

"Sir! Multiple systems have been badly damaged! The hull and critical systems are taking heavy damage!" One of them reported.

"Well what systems have been hit?" Havoc asked.

"Sir, the main shield generator has been sabotaged and is nonoperational. There are a couple of reactors that have been hit hard, and are barely hanging on! They've been trying to hit the main reactor and generator, but they are still barely functional! Main weapon systems have been hit, too. And on top of that, the targeting system servers have been sabotaged!" A technician told him.

Havoc looked at his console, looking at the readouts from the engineering systems. It all seemed pretty accurate, and the enemies were not relenting. They were continuing to bombard the station. Despite this, he didn't panic, oh no. He continued to remain calm, despite all of the stuff happening. He had been through worse, and he had always found a way to escape. Besides, he didn't care if he lived or died, or if anyone else lived or died.

"Well, what is still functional?" Havoc asked.

"Emergency systems, life support, engines, navigation, and the hyperdrive are still functional, sir." An engineer reported.

Havoc considered this. Had the saboteurs not considered those systems as high priority? Had the saboteurs not thought that those systems were priority targets? Had they thought that, since they weren't used for defense or offense, they could just ignore them?

"What about.... The Path Engines?" Havoc asked, referring to the secret engines hidden deep within the station that most of the crew didn't even know about. When he asked the question, most of Havoc's engineers gave him funny looks, but one technician stood up and turned to him. This was one of the few other engineers that Havoc had trusted with this information.

"Sir, the Path Engines are fully operational. They have not been touched, and no intruders have breached into their room." The technician reported.

Havoc nodded. "Good. I have a plan. Reroute power to the engines and to the Path Engines. They might have disabled our weapons, but that doesn't mean we can't deal a finishing blow." He told the technicians. "Set coordinates for the surface of Csilla and set all engines to maximum power. Activate the Path Engines, have them send us straight into the surface of Csilla."

One of the engineers looked at him. "Sir?" The engineer asked, uneasy.

"Don't you understand? We're going to use the entire station as a weapon." Havoc said. The engineers stood there, looking at him, shocked. "Well? What are you standing around for? MOVE!" He ordered. The technicians snapped out of it, and started rushing around, working furiously on their consoles to carry out his orders.

Havoc pressed a button on his console. All across the station, hangars would start getting locked down. Blast doors would close over hangar entrances. Any saboteurs that entered on ships wouldn't be escaping through the same way that they entered. Only three hangars were left unblocked, hangar D-14, M-39, and T-23.

Then, Havoc pressed a button. Across the station, a new alarm would start blaring. The evacuation alarm. Activating the ship's intercom, Havoc said, "All hands, proceed to evacuation points. Repeat: proceed to evacuation routes. Attention: hangars are now being locked down. Unlocked hangars are D-14, M-39, and T-23. Either proceed to your nearest escape pod, or proceed to one of the unlocked hangars. You have little time remaining. Havoc, out."

Havoc looked at his console, and saw that the engines had kicked on. The superweapon was now slowly moving toward Csilla. By now, they were already in the planet's gravity pull. Even the planet was drawing them in, bringing its own demise ever closer. No amount of space magic could stop what would soon happen. On his console, he also saw the Path Engines kicking on, flaring to life. They were charging up, would soon be ready for launching. They were placed on auto-pilot, behind multiple walls of enhanced cybersecurity. Only a master of splicing would have a chance at getting through those.

"What about us, sir?" One of the engineers asked.

"Not yet, we're gonna stay behind for a bit more. We need to make sure that the station gets into position before it activates the engines. Once it gets into position, that's when we will evacuate." Havoc told the engineer.

Havoc looked up at the viewscreen, which was now showing Csilla. The station slowly moved into orbit of the planet, getting into position before it dealt the final blow.

GAPostBreaker.png
Teica Giraan Teica Giraan

"You really think we can do this?"

I thought for a moment. Did I think we’d be able to save Csilla? No. The planet was doomed, the moment that station opened fire. There was nothing half a line of corvettes could do about that, but perhaps we could destroy the Brotherhood’s fleet. Revenge. I spoke softly, but with a firmness.

“We will do everything we can.”

With that, I returned to my command chair, staring intently at the various screens. The remaining ships in the 253rd were all intact, with full shields. The jump would still take some time, and a knot of dread twisted in my gut. I refused to close my eye, knowing the sight of the superlaser would come up again. Despite the fear and regret in the back of my mind, I tried to keep focused. If necessary, there were enough escape pods for any of the ships to evacuate fully, but they’d need to be over capacity because of Giraan’s crew. Air would run out much faster, but that wasn’t going to be an issue. No matter defeat or victory, the escape pods would be picked up, be it to be enslaved or rescued.

Something caught my eye on the screen. Hawk was ever so slightly slower than it should have been. The escape pod Teica had been on had never been detached from the docking bay.

As the remnants of the 253rd approached the battle, sensor data and communications began trickling into the Hawk’s bridge. The Brotherhood fleet had been mauled. The intervening fleets had also taken significant casualties, but they had the upper hand. Csilla was still intact. Maybe, just maybe, victory could be achieved. When the blue shadows gave way to realspace, the 253rd was much closer than I’d have liked to the battle.

We’d narrowly missed a field of debris, and immediately Hawk’s scanners were filled with the corpses of ships, the flaring bursts of missiles and torpedos. What ships that survived were quickly picked out from the evacuated husks of vessels and newly made scrap heaps. Dominating the scanners was the Battlestation. As far as placement went, there was little between us and the titanic sphere.

“Sir, we’re detecting an enormous energy buildup aboard the station.”

“Where’s it pointed?”

Silence for a few moments, then the ensign spoke again.

“Sir,” fear shook his words. “It looks like it's aiming for the planet.”

We had to act.

“All ships,” I forced all the confidence I still had into these words, “Open fire on the battle station’s main dish. We may not be able to get through it’s shields, but we have a chance to save Csilla. Get as close as possible. Our lives no longer matter.”

Those final words nearly broke me. On a galactic scale, our lives never mattered. But to our families, our friends, we’d meant the world to some. Fifteen corvettes charged towards the massive crater on the surface of the battlestation. A swarm of enraged hornets. Hawk took the lead. Proton torpedoes and concussion missiles lagged behind the barrages of ion cannons, blaster cannons, and turbolasers. A wild volley of return fire opened to meet the charge. It wasn’t nearly as overwhelming as it should have been, though I didn’t know why. Turbolasers and ion cannons seemed sparse, and panicked. Shots still hit, damaging shields. Still, the line rocketed towards the battlestation.

“Sir, some ships are reporting their shields are falling. We likely won’t survive continuing.”

So close.

“Sir, captain Regnal is requesting permission to pull back.”

So many have already died.

“Captains Kref and Froj have the same request sir.”

Dammit.

“Pull back.”

The line turned, and within moments, fire coming towards them dwindled. I sighed, staring intently at the massive circle denoting the station on my scanner map. Even returning, I failed. Csilla was doomed, at least so long as the weapon was intact, and I wasn’t sure how effective the attack had been. No, something larger would be needed. I closed my eye, and thought of Anaxes.

“Helmsman, transfer control of the ship to my command chair.”

“Yessir.”

The man did so, while several of the bridge officers gave me a confused glance. I erased that confusion with my next command.

“Evacuate The Hawk,” The words tasted vile in my mouth. “I will ram them.”

“Wait, sir, what?”

“I am going to ram the superlaser dish,” I clenched my fist tightly, “I want everyone off the Hawk. We’ll have to crowd into the life pods.”

Lieutenant Hak immediately relayed my order throughout the entirety of the Hawk, and the bridge crew began to file out. The Helmsman offered Teica an arm to help her out. It all felt surreal. The evacuation alarm echoed throughout the halls of the ship. Dozens of drills had supposedly prepared us for it, and the crew was performing admirably. As Hak turned and gave a salute, the last man off the bridge, I returned it, and sat in my command chair.

A warrior-II could, theoretically, be entirely commanded from the Captain’s chair. The ship’s systems, much like many in the Alliance Navy, were heavily slaved. The main thing preventing it was the difficulty an individual would have managing the ship’s numerous systems and targets. But I had only one target: A singular point within Mercy’s dish. Slowly, I began rerouting power from unnecessary outputs-life support regeneration, the medical centers, lights, anything that wouldn’t be useful in a ramming maneuver.

The Hawk turned towards its prey, talons outstretched, preparing for it’s final dive…

Now that the Sith had engaged Vet'ar, Liza reconsidered her plans. "Mercy-13, take your team into the bunker, fix the kriffin' batteries ASAP!" She got a nod from Muka across the battlefield as they entered the facility. "The rest of you—"

"Ma'am, behind us!" Said Vald. Liza turned to see a small army of moon children charging at them in the distance, this time with some marauders to cover them. "Karabast! Everyone! Open fire on the incoming, cover Ket'ar and the bunker!" She had to hold here. She had stop this, now! If all the Sith came down on them, she had to hold until someone did something about that Kriffin station!

There was no cover between them and the coming horde. And while moving to the other side of the vehicle seemed like an option it would leave their backs vulnerable to the Sith Vet'ar was battling. They were all prone now, keeping low to reduce their profile as much as possible. If it weren't for the fact that she constantly had something to shoot, Liza would have panicked. Still it was affecting her aim. There was a hand on Liza's shoulder, causing her to flinch slightly, she looked over to Sergeant Vald, silently reminding her to keep her cool. Liza took a deep breath and went back to firing. She relied a lot on Vald. Ever since she had been assigned to the unit, he had been supportive of her actions and helped her keep her cool in high stress situations. Reminding her of where they were and what they needed to do.

She returned to firing tagging too clones as they got a little too close. She smiled to herself, still firing, "Remind you of that time when—" She looked over to speak to him, only to watch as a slug blasted through his head, smothering her in blood and brain matter. Her confidant and loyal second-in-command was dead.

"NOOOO!" She screamed aloud. At that, one of her team-mates stood up and started running out and away, hoping to escape the carnage. He was immediately swarmed by moon children. At that Liza seemingly broke down. She stopped firing and completely shut out the world.

"Lieutenant! Liza!" Corporal Kaed called out to her. As Mercy-3, Kaed was now Liza's second in command. Seeing the state she was in, he figured he was now in-command. "Alright, this is too much! We're going to fall back. Toss concussion and smoke grenades, as many as you can lob!" The remaining three capable members of Mercy-1's fire team proceeded to do as ordered, tossing flash grenades first. The grenades popped and blinded nearly everything before them. Once the pop of the grenades could be heard, the rest tossed smoke, and within a few seconds a smoke screen was between them and the horde.

Kaed got up and fireman carried Liza, as he and the other two ran up to the Bunker entrance, giving a mild birth to the battling Sith and Ket'ar. "Pull back!" Kaed yelled out to her, "We're going to be overrun! Pull back!" He stopped at the entrance to the bunker. The rest of Mercy-1's team and Mercy-7's taking a final stand around the vault doors of the bunker. "Get inside! We'll lock them out using the secondary doors! Get inside!" Kaed called out again to Ket'ar.

eW2LqRe.jpg

POST IX
GALIDRAAN FREE-STATE

OBJECTIVE 1: HELL FROZEN OVER

COMMONWEALTH FORCES:
Enedina Tal Enedina Tal Konrad Bolter Konrad Bolter Major Bennett Hall
Tyrell Lockhart Tyrell Lockhart Alais Kaun

ALLIES: Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar Tyrell Paxxus Tyrell Paxxus Halketh Halketh Julian Qar Julian Qar
FN-999 Gallius Orcana Gallius Orcana Albrecht F. Herlock Albrecht F. Herlock

Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Liza Liza Korum Krov Korum Krov
Himm'vaun'merek Himm'vaun'merek Kaleleon Kaleleon Ziroka Ziroka

ENEMIES: Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren The Mongrel The Mongrel
Maestus Maestus Khaostra Devoid Khaostra Devoid Chimera Chimera UX-0626 UX-0626

Erskine's Loadout

Primary:
Custom Blaster-Pistol (Right-hip Holster - left-or-right hand draw)
Secondary: Basket-Hilted Vibrosword Claymore (Left-hip Sheathe - right hand wielding)
Last Ditch/Second-Blade: Fairbairn Vibroknife (Right-hip Sheathe - right-or-left hand wielding)
Pocket-Weapons: Gifted Brass-Knuckles from the Guv'Nah (Both Trouser-Pockets - akimbo wielding)

Blue-Heart Brigade (Mechanized/Artillery/Infantry)

201 Repulsorlift Tanks
5 AT-ATs
12 AFVs
5 MLVs
1 Coy. Riflemen
3 Plat. Combat Engineers

1 Coy. Field-Medics

Support: Tal's Fighting-First Brigade (Mechanized/Artillery/Infantry)

220 Cataphract Tanks
20 AFVs
5 MLVs

5 Predator Launch-Platforms
1 Coy. Elite Guardsmen
1 Coy. Elite Engineers

uCT7JTr.png

uCT7JTr.png

The Stormchaser XI

The comm-link chatter would ring out from within the Saga, with Lockhart, Barran and Murdoch relaying messages everywhere; establishing perfect order and cohesion on their descent to the base of the trenchline mountain, the silent ones among them (like Kaun, Deaney and the gunner-loader duo) would listen intently to get the best lay of the land from the lions with the best insight. Tyrell, coordinating the Irregulars who waited beyond the corpses and machine-husks at the bottom, would establish a clear chain-of-command for increased cohesion; Murdoch, trying his hardest to keep the AFV vanguard in tight formation, would mutter an active series of concise warnings under-breath in the driver-cockpit's emergency co-driver seat, leaving Erskine to discuss whatever Situation-Reports Pencin and the other ACVs had for him along the way.

Cutting the comm-link chatter's low-humming hubbub like a knife, Tyrell would toss his comm-device to the floor, stating his intent to give his all with a metallic clatter that rang out as loud as the gesture in and of itself. Lockhart wouldn't be needing it for the last rescue of the outing, as all the Irregulars would be sneaking like their Free-State allies, approaching like thieves in the night as Devil One and the Stormchaser intended. There was also a do-or-die gesture to be seen in the Madman's casting aside of his only line of communication in the snow, indicating he wouldn't dare show face around the Saga if he somehow failed the Brigadier-General, that he would rather freeze to death than let his Galidraani comrades down.

'Ya know, ya hear a lot of things back home, about the cause, the fight, the men on the line. I never doubted it, never once. But, well, ah for feth's sake, what I'm tryin' to say is, it's a pleasure to be fightin' next to ya.'

With Lockhart gaining his undivided attention, and though his wording was limited to slang, Erskine understood exactly what the Devil One callsign was driving at; and though the Madman himself was autonomous within the Free-State, Barran knew that the Dunwall Irregulars would be somewhere much greater soon, especially with a man like Tyrell leading them as well as he had been before encountering the Saga. If Tyrell had been adopting anything other than a wildly aggressive stance at the time, the Stormchaser may well have just kept on ascending the mountain in ignorance, so the pleasure (though the Madman wouldn't know at the time) had been reciprocated from the moment the Lord-Commander's ACV opened the Sloane-door to swipe him from the hellscape of snow and destruction outside.

Whether it would become an honour or not, ever dancing on that proverbial knife's edge of excellence, would depend entirely on the outcome of the following hostilities and the look in Lockhart's eye was exactly what Barran wanted to see in the Devil of Dunwall's heart-of-hearts. The Brigadier-General would extend his hand in acquaintance as they puffed away on their cigars in silence, letting the others watch on as their hands met in the middle with curt nods of appreciation exchanged before breaking off again; Chiss would be seen running back up the hill, Stormtroopers would also be noticed making for the summit to evacuate like their blue-skinned allies, and the two cigar-smokers would still find something serene to enjoy in absolute contented wordlessness. Quite the sight to behold for all who could see it, and whether one would believe the Stormchaser and the Devil of Dunwall to be wicked, brave or pig-headed, none could deny that both men embodied the eternal archetype of fearlessness.
That's the right attitude, Devil One.... That's the sort of cut-throat I need for this task, no second-guessers here.

Only after Johnstone's sudden bursts of LMG-fire above was the Madman stirred from his meditative serenity, reminding him that he had whiskey of his own, another means of finding common-ground with the Free-State's warfighter-in-chief. Turning to the Stormchaser and passing his personal hipflask, Tyrell would kindly growl,'Whiskey, straight from a still in Dunwall. Figured we might as well 'ave a taste of home before this last push.', in his coarse Moorlander accent, accepting Erskine's hipflask in exchange as the Lord-Commander opened the Dunwall-still rye with an almost dewy-eyed anticipation. Noticing that Lockhart was smiling with an upward-nodding encouragement to drink, Barran would proceed to enjoy a sip, a gulp, then a mouthful of the inebriating nectar of Dunwall as the city's Devil concluded,'We'll get 'er back, or die tryin'. You asked for rogues, cutthroats, and tricksters, and by Galidraan, you got 'em. We're 'ere till the end.'

'Ne'er a truer word said, Devil One. An' if ye survive this frozen wonderland the-day, ah'll be havin' yer real name; the name ye were born wae, the name that bought yer ane commission, understand? Need ti track yer details so ah can set yer contingent up wae a redoubt on Archais.... This stuff is outstanding, though. Must be said-'

<"Blue-Heart Alpha, this is Expedient Four, the fiery bastard's got Enedina. We're in no shape to give chase sir, there's... three of us left. H-he said to meet him to the North, by the rocks. We're moving back down the line to pick up who we can and rally with Nines' men, out.">
Called it! I karking knew it an' guessed as much when Lady Enedina was declared MIA.... Wait a minute, was that a Woad accent?

'Kark that idea, Expedient Four! Just get yer erses off-planet an' regroup on Archais. You've done well enough to survive as it is, go the extra mile by living ti fight another day. We'll take it from here, clear instructions have been received so all you need to do is start climbing. Blue-Heart Alpha out!'

Silence of a contrastingly tense variety followed, with all eyes returning to the Lord-Commander for his final say on the matter, and the expression they all saw from multiple angles was one of smirking, poorly-concealed mirth; such that brought out a look of knowing concern from all the crewmen around the passengers, with none worrying quite as much as Murdoch was in that moment. The senior-crewman ground his teeth with rage before saying,'Don't do it, Milord. Chit always hits the fan after you go off on yer tod! You know this, ah, know this! Wanty know how ah know? Of course ye don't but ah'm sayin' it anyway - you've got that mad Generis-look in yer eye again-'

'-Settle, petal! Ah'm bringin' oor passengers some o' the way.... Got a wee plan brewin', so stay close by the comm-link unit! Ah mean it, these movement orders could mean life or death, Murdo. Less worry, more warfighting!'
wvKbWeF.png

The Stormchaser XII

Breaking through at least two battle-lines to make it down to the bottom of the mountain, there was plenty warfare and firepower that was more conventional than the challenge they were only just about to take on, regular blaster rounds and slugs were ripping into the enemy ranks with rapidfire precision, and the people within the Saga had never been calmer, almost like they had become the eye of the storm itself. All but Corporal Johnstone were silent, reloading rifles, sharpening blades and checking energy-reserves as the mayhem erupted all around the ACV's armour plating that protected them, shielding the warriors as they waited patiently to reach the valley they were all expected to sneak their ways through.

Speaking up first, Murdoch would pass comment on what they were to expect, having studied the comm-link chatter between Enedina's units and the message sent to Erskine personally, the Woad-born Sergeant-Major knew there was more to their foe than the perceived ability to manipulate the environment around them, and had a raised eyebrow throughout the process that was visible enough to turn all eyes on him with piqued interest. Quick to notice this out the corner of his left eye, Murdo quickly turned to address the others, inhaling through his nostrils before saying,'Our opponent is more than just a prolific arsonist, and more than a potential manipulator of the elements around him. To put it simply, our opponent - from what I've been able to ascertain, can wield and create fire with nought but the power generated in his hands.... Be careful out there, Milord. You're not fighting against liquid mercury this time, it's burning flames generated within split-seconds.'

'I swear, I've never called it so many times in a row- never mind.', the Lord-Commander groaned away to himself before turning to the former GA-Marshall. Exclaiming,'Sloane-door! Let's go!', as he shared a grip with the Dunwall Irregulars' commander to stand him upright, Barran realised then that he had no need of anything more than the two heavy-hitters he had left to him, understanding (as he turned to face the level valley snowfields outside) that involving Nines and Julian may have brought on more risks than Barran had initially thought. Happy that his cyborg friend would be grateful for the Saga's inability to wait for Qar's return to the field, Lord Erskine would smirk as the snowfall billowed in through the opened Sloane-door, then he would run out without warning, with Alais and Tyrell jumping out right after him, allowing Murdoch to shut the door behind them as they ran off into the Csillan storms beyond.

When the Saga veered off to the right, Barran would wait for the engine's rumble to fade into silent, blizzard-muffled obscurity before making his next plan of action, only to be distracted by the rising corpses all around their position. Both Lockhart and Kaun were clearly new to the experience, readying themselves for the fight of a lifetime until Lord Erskine cut in with a simple,'Stand down, it's only a parting gift from Lord Halketh.', as the concerned duo reluctantly assumed passive attitudes to the undead who began to walk northwards in their usual ignorance towards allies. Affording himself a fraction of the laughter he was known for, giving a reassuring chuckle as all the zombies walked past them, and though they were moving somewhat quicker than the Halketh-undead he'd known before, there was still no doubt that they were just scouring the entire surrounding area for Mawite or Sith prey.

'See? They couldn't give a damn about us! An' for as long as we've been seeing them in the field, these walking corpses have never once gotten that urge to eat their master's comrades. Let's go, and keep yer heids doun.... Ah'll explain how we handle this on the way, so try t'keep up!'
wvKbWeF.png

The Kellas VI

'Negotiations, is it?'

He didn't sound at all like Gowrie expected, though the laughter threatening to drown out their commander's words before subsiding had been expected in contrast, however, the parting of the marauders had helped Lord Aron to see other elements in the crowd, another sub-faction entirely from within the ranks of the ridge's chosen protectors. This was no rabble, and certainly not amateurs to the ways of warfare, and inadvertently endearing themselves to the Tuath as he saw them all spurning their enemy's praise. Mirth of the Mongrel's own would join the laughter of his subordinates (stalwart and loose-attachment alike) after his opening rhetorical question, a course, throaty guffaw that felt colder than the insolence that seemingly emanated from his injured form, a laughter that also indicated malice enough to threaten death without even so much as verbalizing his intentions.

'We've been killing each other for hours on end without so much as a word, and now it's time to talk?'
Raiders, cultists an' murderers don't give a damn about their subordinates.... But this one actually does, intriguing.

The marauders among the crowd had returned to their positions, leaving room for troops closer-knit to the Mongrel to fill the gaps left in the protective line of blaster rifles, all of whom had grown quiet after hearing their commander's tone changing, threatening with fixed bayonets seconds after the Mongrel switched to something more accusatory than the mirth-filled mockery that lined his gruff vocalizations before. Standing at the other edge of the trench, the Kellas' adversary appeared like a demon in the windy snowstorm as it battered the faces of both opponents, lashing heavy snowflakes side-on whilst they insisted on staring at each other from their little wind-exposed spot on the Mawite line, the warfighting representatives of both ideological-extremes seemed to be in their natural habitat for settling into their ultraviolent ways.

'I'm not sure yet whether walking up to our lines alone was a brave decision, baring your throat to us, calling me out to speak one warrior to another... or if it means you assume we have any respect at all for your 'civilized' rules of war. I hope it's the first one. If not, you're a fool, and soon to be corrected.', the Mawite commander eventually continued, though he paused soon after, stopping himself in his train-of-thought to gaze on the Galidraani positions along the southern snowy hill that mirrored the ridge itself. The Mongrel's eyes would scan the rise uphill, drifting his gaze behind the Lord-Major's shoulders from left to right, before snapping back to the cold stare of the Kellas to growl,'No, it must be the first one. I've seen you fight in the trenches, and you can't be Core-Worlders, even though you stand beside them here. You're not soft, not like they are.'

Urging his subordinates to part for their negotiations, the Bloodsworn that Gowrie barely differentiated from the other marauders (made more difficult by the fact that much fewer of the marauders remained to listen in to the parley) shifted back some more in either direction as the Mongrel commanded. As the wounded commander jumped down, he grunted in pained exertion before pointing out the crate lying opposite his own, offering the Tuath a seat as he sat down to ask,'So, what can we do for the Free State today?', with a sharp return to expressing his barbed laughter for all to see and hear. The Mongrel's eyes continued to burn fiery wrath into the retinae of Gowrie's eyes as the Tuath accepted the offer to sit opposite, on equal eye-level once more, allowing both parties to settle themselves into a state of mutually-curious observance for a few moments as Lord Aron sat on the other crate without complaint.

'Putting it simply, aye?', the Kellas finally responded, opening up with a quick comment to carve out his room to speak without weakening his position by demeaning himself to request it. Looking over his foes wounds, crude-dressings and surgical attempts of the medical-shamans who were still occasionally tending to one they were rallying behind like never before. The painkillers and stimulants they had were clearly not enough for the job, but were proving just effective enough to keep the Mawite commander in the land of the living, yet the Tuath had seen enough to side-track himself for the greater benefit of his foe, muttering,'Would you believe me if I said it might be a bit o' both?', as he drew his hipflask slowly from his coat's inside-pocket, completely oblivious of the Mongrel's silent response.

Drinking a few mouthfuls of the Tuath rye before screwing the top and passing over, the Kellas was signifying that his little moment of reprieve would offer safe, innocuous reprieve if the Mawite chose to accept the brief kindness for what it was. Aron would wave to get the Mongrel's attention, pointing to the bottle and the wounds before acting out a pouring motion to note the whiskey's beneficially-sterile properties; taking the Kellas' suggestion, the Mongrel would apply the well-aged whiskey over the worst of his burned-out and stitched-up gashes and staunch-marks in an effort to stave off any and all potential infections. Approving, Gowrie would bare teeth in appreciation of his opponent's survival instincts as he muttered,'Good. This buys you a little time, but not enough to even dream of making it as far as Csilla's orbit, but we'll get to that.', nodding his assurances as he silently urged the Mongrel to pour some on his lesser cuts also.

'Might want to take a few swigs o' that afore ye pass that back, lad.... I'd like to address your earlier statements about the back-and-forth killings today first, as it brings me to my,"Bit o' both", comment from before. An' my response, though you may not accept it, is simply,"But we haven't lost as many to each other as either of us would expect". I know how that might sound, but think about it - both sides have been on a form that would make even the most-seasoned commanders blush with envy.', Aron would start finally, pausing only to let the response sink in properly. The Mawite commander's eyebrow would rise with doubt as he took his drinks from the flask and threw it back with the top screwed back on, remaining silent to let the Imperial officer get to the point,'It's not because we're this or that, better or worse than anyone. We're not losing many of our men because places like this are where men like us belong, you know we're out-of-place anywhere else. Stick out like sore thumbs, so we dae.'

'In not-so-many words, the battlefield is our natural habitat - the blood, death and chaos represent what we endeavour to endure on our separate paths to glory. And yet, these catalysts don't define us or guide how we choose to fight. The choice of how we fight is ours and ours alone, and often the most fun part of it all. Better to thrive on the deception than stick to a rulebook that would stifle the imagination of minds such as the one sitting opposite me.... Better to bait than be baited, better to trick than be tricked, better to win slyly than lose honourably. So it's not our love of these rules of war, but rather our passionate disregard of them that has kept the brigade behind me intact for so long.'

Last edited:
"The reactor, Yula!!! Leave the Ren to me!"

“You’re welcome!She snapped, having received no thanks for temporarily holding off his opponent. The Ren sure noticed, given the expletive he hurled at her, and to Yula this was almost a compliment.

Dagon took point against the Ren, ripping apart what remained of the platform and hurling durasteel panels at the pike-wielding sadboy. A team of engineers and security personnel rushed into the room, no doubt present to investigate the ruckus that disturbed the reactor. Yula had knocked two out, slamming them into the wall with a telekinetic push when a garbled announcement rang out overhead.

".... evacuation points. Repeat.... .....hangars are..... locked.... D-14, M-3.... T-
......nearest escape pod, or.... ..... .... little time remain..... "

For a moment, the remaining engineers along with Yula seemed to pause. Electricity from the damaged sections of the reactor began to arc sporadically around the room, trawling over walls and what remained of the control terminal, searching for purchase. It was rapidly becoming clear that there would be little more they could do even if they stayed.

“Dag!” She called out over the din of blaring klaxons. “We’ve done all we can do—it’s time to go!” The rest would be up to fate. Grabbing his wrist, she made haste for the hole they’d been blown through. If they could retrace their steps quickly enough, they’d be able to make it to the hangar and maybe hijack an escape pod.

A wave of wrath rolled across her back, and she turned to see the Ren. Without hesitation, she called out. “We’ll all die if we stay here!” It was not out of compassion for the man who’d hunted them across the stars, but a plain, painful observation. An observation that he too was human, and he too would likely die if he remained. Unless the Ren was one of those dark siders who did not prioritize self-preservation above perseverance, she figured that he would want to leave as well.

As the words left her lips, the halberd came spiraling towards them. Yula ducked, still gripping Dagon's wrist, and hopefully managed to slide through the opening into the hall.

QSmcOtm.jpg

Allies: Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren , Maestus Maestus , Lirka Ka Lirka Ka , UX-0626 UX-0626 , Chimera Chimera
Parlaying With: DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran
Nearby Foes: Major Bennett Hall, Liza Liza , FN-999, Tyrell Lockhart Tyrell Lockhart , Himm'vaun'merek Himm'vaun'merek , Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe , Maple Harte, Jabez Melidoru, Halketh Halketh , Kaleleon Kaleleon , Ziroka Ziroka

The creed of the Brotherhood was simple: seize whatever you could. If you could reach out and take something, and then keep it away from those who tried to take it back, you deserved to have it. If, on the other hand, you couldn't protect what you owned, there was nothing rightful about your possession of it. Laws, courts, police, these were crutches wielded by Core Worlds plutocrats to preserve their wealth and influence without having to personally fight for it. As soon as they had to, they inevitably lost. It was why the cycle that had brought them to power was now approaching its inevitable end. It was why the Maw would inherit the galaxy, reforging it in fire and blood.

Giving, on the other hand, didn't fit quite so neatly into the Brotherhood's philosophy. Giving one's enemies any advantage, or offering them any mercy, was foolish and weak. There was no room for compassion or restraint among the soldiers of the End Times. The closest they came was in giving respect, and the privileges that came with it, to those who showed strength and seized glory. As such, The Mongrel didn't know quite what to make of it when Gowrie offered him the whiskey. It would be foolish to attempt to poison him there, in the middle of his troops... unless the Galidraani forces considered this officer expendable, and The Mongrel's death worth his sacrifice.

But Gowrie had taken swigs from the flask, so that theory fell flat.

The goal of the odd offer soon became clear. The enemy officer mimed pouring out the strong drink over his wounds; he was offering his stash of liquor as disinfectant. Marauders usually didn't bother with battlefield sterilization measures; surviving infection was a test of strength, and wounds that festered often left even more impressive scars. Still, The Mongrel decided he was willing to participate in this ritual. He couldn't begin to fathom why the Galidraani would want him to survive, not after all the things he had done to kill them and dethrone their rulers, but he would accept their gift. It would only bring them grief in the long run, once he grew strong again.

As Gowrie began to speak, The Mongrel took his further advice, raising the flask to his lips. A few swigs wasn't really his style, though. The Brotherhood did all things with wild abandon, fighting and feasting with equally-savage enthusiasm. The marauder threw back his head and drained what remained in the flask in one long pull, letting the whiskey's sweet fire run down his throat in an unbroken stream. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, he replaced the cap and tossed the container back to Gowrie. "So you came all the way over here to tell us that we're good at war," he finally replied, a sharklike grin flashing across his face. "We know. We were born for it."

Or at least reborn, baptized by the Taskmaster's lash.

"But yes," the marauder continued, "you're right; we have that birthright in common. We both belong here, knee-deep in blood. It's why you've been more of a match for us than we expected. It's why each one of you that we bring down brings us glory, builds our legend. You're worthy kills... unlike the politicians who sent you here, ruling over 'civilization' from their rotting thrones." The Mongrel turned and spat, the blood-flecked phlegm staining the snow at the bottom of the trench. "They haven't earned good deaths, on the field, with weapons in their hands. When we come for them, well..." His jagged smile returned. "It won't be a pretty sight."

The marauder held out his hands toward the fusion lantern, warming his battered body. The compression splint holding his shattered ribs in place crinkled as he moved, and he winced, a little grunt passing his cracked lips. "But if you understand the purity of war as well as you claim, you know that being worthy foes only means we have all the more reason to kill each other." He looked up, watching Gowrie's reaction intently as he finished the thought. "Because you're a challenge, because you're born warriors just like us, you've given us a battle worth remembering. We'll tell tales of this war, show off the scars you gave us and the trophies we took from you."

"But we still aim to kill you all... so what do you want?"

----------------------------------------​

Allies: Khaostra Devoid Khaostra Devoid
Foes: Defenders
Tags: Open

The Bloodsworn swarming across Cspalar did not know that the Mercy, their ultimate tool of destruction, was falling apart in the skies above... but even if they had, they would not have cared. They were zealous beyond all concepts of self-preservation; in their twisted minds, they lived and died at the whim of the Three Avatars, the dark gods of the End Times. It did not matter how many of them fell because this age was coming to an end, and as the favored heralds of the apocalypse, they would be rewarded when their spirits passed into the Netherworld. If the entire Brotherhood died here, they would feast and fight in eternal glory... and the empires of their foes would still fall.

Until they died or found victory, they sought only to claim glory.

Now, glory was the only thing on their minds. With their key targets seized, the garrisons captured and the power stations sabotaged, the raiders who had followed Khaostra into the Chiss capital from below had accomplished their goal: they had disabled the city's defenses. Reinforcements were flooding in, the last survivors of the Brotherhood's ground army streaming down from the frozen hills to loot and burn the homes of their foes. Walkers stomped into the suburbs, crushing houses flat with each step. Animalistic Moon Children skittered through the streets on all fours, falling upon whomever they encountered in a frenzy. Behind them marched yet more ranks of marauders.

It was nothing compared to the initial ground army, but it was enough.

No matter what happened in the skies above, all elements of this invasion force - or at least, all the sane ones - understood the simple fact that their pillaging of the city was time-sensitive. Soon, either the Mercy would destroy all of Csilla, or the Chiss and their allies would redeploy their forces to overwhelm the remnants of the Maw horde and drive them from the system. Whichever ending came to pass, the Bloodsworn and the tribes who had joined them would need to bring their plunder back to their transports soon. So they had their fun quickly, killing and slaving and stealing, while the transports they would use to evacuate lined up with their engines running.

As soon as Khaostra gave the word, they would depart this place.

FN-999

F
ARTILLERY: 30/12
ALLIES: NIO & CO | In relative proximity of Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | In less-relative proxmity of DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran
ENEMIES: DA MAW
EQUIPMENT: In Signature + Carbine Rifle

PAX IMPERIUM
N I N E S

4XPoFei.png

[Attention, all allied units. This is Lieutenant Legion Commander FN-999 of the 459th Stormtrooper Regiment. In my authority as Lieutenant Legion Commander, I am increasing the priority of this evacuation from III to I. A Scorched Earth Protocol will not be in effect for the third trench, as there are no longer any unevacuated civilians behind us to delay our foes for. Instead, I want to ensure that as many troopers as possible are evacuated from the trenches and onto the ships as possible before the planet gets blown to bits and takes the Maw survivors with it.]

[Sir, the Vice-Chancellor has forced us to send him back to the trenches.]

[Tell the idiot that we're evacuating EVERYTHING, NOW, and you have authorization to knock him unconscious if he resists. That is my last official order of the battle. Nines, out.]

FN-999 let out a deep breath to recede his annoyance, and then got to work.

Immediately afterwards, the command bunker began to be evacuated. Comfy officers put on their snowgear and troopers equipped their armor, taking data files from the battle for future stategic study but abandoning the large and heavy equipment used to create the files. In a neat two-wide line, the staff walked out of the bunker, joining the surge of troopers rushing to the evacuation spot. FN-999 was the last to leave, equipping his armor once more.

Outside, there was a mad scramble to the evacuation craft. Exhausted and low on supplies, the defending troopers were all too aware of the Maw threat that was weakened and delayed, but still approaching. Ultimately, strategic retreat was the best option. The valiant troopers of the 459th had completed their primary directive, delaying the Maw for long enough to evacuate every civilian who could be evacuated. Now, there was no further incentive for staying on the planet.

Yet as the 409th rushed by the hundreds into evacuation craft, their commander remained stationary. He withdrew his greatsword, turning to face the third trench behind him and gesturing backwards, encouraging troopers to evacuate. He ran a personal headcount, finding with relief that over a thousand more troopers had evacuated. Even more Chiss allies joined the evacuation, climbing onto shuttles along with their Imperial peers.

Yet as each of the thirty-four large shuttles took off and vanished into the clouds, FN-999 remained on the ground, the last man of his regiment.

The Maw hordes approached eagerly, excited by the possibility of an easy slaughter of an abandoned soldier. Yet the lieutenant legion commander barely reacted to the horde, simply sticking the blade of his sword into the ground in front of him in a paladin's pose. The vanguard of the horde, taken aback by the firm stand of the single trooper, momentarily stopped and stared.

The staredown was suddenly broken up by a Moon Child, who sprant at the trooper with immense bloodlust dominating any sense of caution. The Child was two meters away from FN-999 when he lunged, aiming for the throat.

Barely a second later, the Child was cleanly bisected horizontally, sparks of electricity coursing through his ruined organs. As the Child lunged, FN-999 had moved to action, sprinting forwards in a short but powerful burst of speed while swinging his electrified greatsword from the right towards the berserker's left flank.

"At least now I can say I slew my foes." exclaimed FN-999 self-deprecatingly to himself.

The horde cried out in anger, rushing to meet him. Just then,
a suit of armor landed barely two meters to his left.

"Thanks, Naval." muttered FN-999 as he climbed into the heavy suit, tossing his Storm Armor onto the snowy ground. He activated the suit's large jetpack, consequently shooting up into the air. Several berserkers leapt up to meet him, only to be torn apart by his suit's wrist cannons.

Once he was comfortably out of enemy range, the lieutenant legion commander turned his gaze up towards outer space above and searched for a vehicle to hitchhike.

Duel of the Fates Finale
On Board PK-1 Mercy

ChVAW7n_d.webp

The smuggler's black silhouette stood unflinching as Juliana Alderdice spoke, while the shadows that painted his face obscured his expression as he stood before the neon firmament of the control panels. Crimes against sentience? His anti-cosmic reasons for participating in the destruction of Csilla would take more time to elaborate upon than he cared to give. What explanation did he owe these two Imperial Knights? None. It would be like casting pearls before swine anyway.

"Shut up, slave moralist," That would do. "The only rights anyone has are those acquired by your ability to do violence. In conflict a people find themselves, or they find themselves lacking. The galaxy turns ever onward."

An explosion shook the room, threatening to topple Gren from his perch atop one of the bacta tanks. He knelt and placed his hand on the metal, finding his balance, and felt the ripples of stress making their way from the hull to his fingertips, along with the sickening groan of durasteel giving way. Gren had spent enough time with ships to know that this was a vessel that was coming apart at the seams. His lone eye grew wide for a moment. Had the enemies finally broken through and compromised the Mercy? There was precious little time. The Knights before him quite possibly had no idea of the danger they were in. Gren stood up again with gritted teeth.

Then, the faint but instantly recognizable thrum could be heard through the walls. That was not the sound of a normal hyperdrive. Gren's senses panged as he stood in silence. The Mercy was disintegrating in space, but that sound was unmistakable - someone activated the Path Engines. That could only mean one thing - they were all about to become a hyperspeed projectile. But why - and where?

His foes were then able to unequivocally understand the message parlayed by the superweapon's groans, as the announcement of impending doom carried through the ship's intercoms. Maybe the part about the Path Engines was still lost on them, but the Imperial Knights were smart enough to know to retreat immediately. Gren could only stand put as his lips formed into a smile.

"Seeya," He whispered to the Brec Gannan as the two Knights made their retreat. His smile eventually gave way to laughter, soon escalating in a mad crescendo that filled the chamber and followed the pair of Imperial Knights out the door, only being cut off by the doors hissing shut behind them.

With no one to stand in his way now, Gren was free to roam. He unfurled his talisman again from his pocket, slipping it onto his finger and transforming into the raven in a torrent of wind. He could move faster this way. His destination: the engine room that housed the Path Engines. The raven escaped the bacta chamber and shot out into the corridor not long after the Imperial Knights, but flew in the opposite direction, past frantic and fleeing combatants. It seemed no one was interested in fighting anymore, only saving their skins. Upon arriving at the engine room, Gren felt the energy of the Path Engines thrumming in synchronized towering rows around him as he entered the expansive chamber. There would be a console here somewhere - there it was, Gren spotted its neon hue from across the room. Whirling through another storm of wind, the smuggler returned to his true form and ran to the console interface. His fingers flew at the buttons. What were the Path coordinates set to?

Gren recognized just about every Path listed in this navicomputer; he had put many of them there himself as part of his main duty to the Maw. He saw the coordinates that had been chosen. They were not random; whoever had put them in wasn't trying to get the Mercy away from Csilla. Quite the opposite, in fact. This input must have come directly from command.

Gren smirked. It was times like these when he really loved his job. Bold move, you crazy sons of bitches.

There was only one thing he could think to do. Gren unfurled his blaster and smashed the butt of the weapon into the display. A hand came up and violently tore at the wires and electronics that allowed the ship's computer systems to communicate with the Path Engines' navicomputer. Then he raised his blaster pistol and pointed it at the navicomputer display itself. With a pull of the trigger, that was fried too.

There was no going back now. No one, not even Subject 54 Havoc Subject 54 Havoc or anyone here, or in the control room, would be able to change the Path Engines' destination coordinates now. Short of destroying the Engines themselves, the Mercy was on a one-way trip into the heart of Csilla.

Gren Blidh casually holstered his blaster and turned on his heels to exit the engine room and make his way off the Mercy.

This was Chaos.

Roudac Gannan

ᴀʟʟᴇɢɪᴀɴᴛ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ

first_fleet_img.png
HULL (56%)
██████████
██████████
SPECIALIZED SYSTEMS:
Destructor Beam Cannons
Interdiction Field Generators
Predator Int. Drive
Crystal Grav Trap

STATUS
tumblr_ooy89fnosw1w5zrl0o7_540.gifv

ENGAGED IN BATTLE...

n4uonda.jpg

ENGAGING PK-1 MERCY SUPERWEAPON
Bridge of the
FIV Resurgent

FO_header2.png

"Sir, the superweapon is moving," Called a member of the sensor crew, as the data was pushed through toward the bridge command panels.

"Good, we're turning it, then," Roudac sighed in relief. "Mainta--"

"No, sir, the superweapon is turning itself," The same sensor crewman added quickly, as he highlighted details in his scans and they lit up for the Allegiant General. "Our tractor beams are pushing against it, but I don't think there's enough force... and on the trajectory the superweapon is headed, I believe they're angling to the planet."

"Status of their weapon array and systems?" Roudac growled.

"They're down, sir. Reactors are failing, there's no pow--"

"Intercept course," The Allegiant General shouted, as he pointed - mostly out of want to emphasize his order. "Position us between the superweapon and the planet, now!"

"--eh, yessir!" Called flight command, as the helm continued to accelerate and angle the Super Star Destroyer on an intercept path. "Moving toward the intersecting coordinates, General. As ordered."

Roudac spun, as he spoke rapidly to all command officers. Now was the time to act, and act quickly, unlike anything the Resurgent personnel had done before. There had been a nagging feeling deep in the Allegiant General's stomach, something that told him full evacuation was an opportunity for the crazed Maw opponent to attempt something... and it turned out he had been correct.

Unfortunately.

"I want the full activation of the Lucian-type shields to be adjusted to molecular polarity, stat. Cease all weapons fire, reroute that power to the engines. We are going to run a parallel interception path, placing ourselves between the superweapon and the planet," Roudac said in a calm, but quick manner. Thankfully the Resurgent was a very maneuverable vessel for its size, with a decent speed. And lucky it was, by design. "Also have the fail-safe emergency Guardian-class shields on automated activation, because our main shields will fall - and quickly - once the full weight of that station is pushing against us."

"Yessir!" Shouted the crews.

"Orders being relayed!"

"Generator crews primed and ready, sir!"

"Weapons systems ceased, power rerouting... now!"

"Confirmation, rerouted power to the shielding systems - activating molecular polarity in... five seconds."

"Sir, we are on course for interception, impact in less than thirty seconds!"

"All hands, brace for impact, twenty-five seconds!" Roudac said into the ship-wide communications. "Comms, contact allied vessels in the area on a wide transmission frequency - request any and all vessel support for forcing this superweapon on a new trajectory."

"Molecular polarity activated, sir!"

"Confirmed, General, sending transmission to all allies vessels in the sector: Requesting assistance to intercept and ram the PK-1 Mercy, the Resurgent plans to redirect the station's trajectory. Repeat, the Resurgent is attempting to redirect the station's trajectory, all vessels able and willing to assist requested!"

There was a tense few moments, as the Super Star Destroyer's bridge went silent. All hands aboard knew what they were doing, what they were likely to have to do, and the sacrifices needed to save a world's population. Were it an easy choice, every allied vessel might have sought to do the same, and perhaps with enough combined effort they could succeed in surviving as a collective... but, for the Resurgent and her crew, this would be all or nothing.

"Sir, energy build up from the superweapon, they're powering up some kind of drive?"

"Activate all interdiction field generators, aim them at that station and along any possible route it might take to reach the planet," Roudac muttered, as the order was followed. "Impact in ten seconds... nine... eight... seven..."

FO_spacer.png

ABOVE CSILLA
Outside of the
FIV Resurgent

mercy_impact.png

The equally large Super Star Destroyer sliced a path through the skies above Csilla, as it roared at full speed on an intercept path of the much slower superweapon. There was a flash of bright yellow molecular shielding, as the Resurgent closed the gap and started to push against the Mercy station. The shielding shuddered, the generators began to overheat as the power draw reached critical levels; there was no doubt the shielding would fail, it had been expected, even as the Super Star Destroyer continued to push its powerful engine arrays to full power, aimed at diverting the superweapons heading to avoid as much of the planet as possible.

Suddenly there was a flash, as the yellow molecular shielding gave way; and just as quickly, a shimmering blue replaced it, as the Guardian-class shield generators activated via emergency fail-safe. The shields began to buckle, as the Resurgent used every bit of its spare reactor draw to angle the station, ion engines burned white hot, even as the ventral side of the vessel began to skirt the atmosphere of Csilla.

Then the Guardian-class shields began to falter.

Closer and closer the Resurgent got to closing physical contact, until the impervium broadside panels began to grind and spark against metallic resistance. Even with the durable framework and reinforcement ballast, the Super Star Destroyers side began to crumple and bend with a sickening echo from whatever sound could be heard below for miles...

FO_spacer.png

ENGAGING PK-1 MERCY SUPERWEAPON
Bridge of the
FIV Resurgent

"Activate the Intrepid Ablative Armor Dispensers,"
Gannan shouted, as he grimaced, his hands planted firmly on the bridge railing for support. He watched from the viewport, as metal clashed and ground against metal, and hoped the emergency ablative armor paneling could alleviate some of the structural loss of integrity. "Keep going, do not waver, do not give up... millions are counting on this!"

The system control officers confirmed the release of the ablative armor, as the dispensers sent the hardening fluid through small honeycomb sections of the hull plating. It likely wouldn't do too much to the portions already in contact, but it would help add additional strength to the areas of hull nearest those points... or so the theory went.

And even as the sickening crunches and screeching of metal sounded, felt through the deck plating itself, as crew held on for dear life, Roudac couldn't help but spare a thought:

I'm sorry, son, The Allegiant General thought. He knew Brec was out there in the battle, somewhere. He could feel him. We all have to do what we must... remember that.

Then, with a nod, Roudac looked to the bridge crew.

"It's been an honor, all of you. Balance be with us, we'll see this through no matter the outcome."

Juliana Alderdice

J

imperial_knight_logo2.png

ESCAPING MERCY

impkni_spacer.png

Juliana hesitated.

They could end this monster now. All they had to do was die. Would it be worth it?

Her lip curled, but after a beat she disengaged the lightsaber, the blade retreating into its hilt. "See you soon," she said coldly before turning and following Brec Gannan back the way they came. But this was not the way they came, not really. The station was coming apart. Control panels blasted off the walls, showering the corridor in sparks that lit the space even when the darkness closed in from failing subsystems. A doorjamb buckled as they passed through, causing Juliana to stumble, clattering two meters down the corridor and coming to a halt against the lifeless body of a stormtrooper. She clambered to her feet, drawing on the Force to power her, sprinting down the corridor in Brec's wake.

Juliana was surprised that the Mercy had held itself together this long, but she was grateful it did. She followed Brec onto the transport, leveraging herself into the chamber. She lunged for her seat and buckled herself in with trembling fingers. She craned her neck, gazing towards the viewport to watch as the space station retreated into the middle distance. Her gaze was wide-eyed, filled with wonder and terror, as she watched what could be its final moments unfold.

"Is that -- " she asked, but she couldn't finish. Her jaw dropped in horror as she recognized the silhouette of the Resurgent on a collision course with the superweapon. "Oh no."

Objective: Prepare the final blow
Allies: Attackers, BOTM
Enemies: Defenders
Tags: (If I forgot you I'm sorry, too many people to keep track of)
Havoc watched as someone on the security feeds started destroying the navigational equipment of the path engines. But... this didn't look like sabotage, oh no. This man was actually helping. He was a friendly, and Havoc saw what he was doing. It was pretty clear.

He was making sure that no one would be able to alter the course. "Alright, our work here is done. Time to evacuate." He told the engineers in the control room. They all looked at him, and nodded, getting up from their stations.

"You all start leaving. I'll make sure the job gets done." He told them. Havoc watched as the engineers filled out of the room, hurrying to the evacuation. Havoc turned his attention back to the viewscreen. There, he could see the defenders putting up one last ditch effort. Multiple ships were attempting to ram the Mercy, and one of them, a massive Super Star Destroyer started running parallel with the station, using their shields to try and divert the station's course. ( Roudac Gannan Roudac Gannan ). Havoc had to admit, whoever the Captain of that ship was, they had spirit. Alas, that spirit was misplaced. By this point, the station was already going to crash into the planet, it was certain. By now, they had gotten close enough to the planet that gravity was now doing most of the work. Despite the valiant efforts of the ships, their crew, and their advanced technology, there was one fundamental force that no one could change, that no one could fight against.

And that force was gravity.

Now, the very planet that the defenders were trying to save was now working against them. Despite their efforts to try and throw the Mercy station off course, it continued onward, on target. The combined force of the engines, along with the gravity of the planet, meant that despite all the efforts they were putting into trying to throw the Mercy off course would be for naught. There was no stopping nature... not even gravity... The trajectory of the station could not be stopped or shifted... As for their Interdiction generators, well... Havoc had a plan for that, too.

Havoc stood up from his seat. His work here was finished. Looking at the enemy Super Star Destroyer on the viewscreen, he gave the ship a quick salute. Their bravery and courage was admirable, albeit foolish. Even now, when there was clearly no chance, they continued to stride and persevere, encouraging others to act. They were stupid, yes, but they did have some bravado.

Dropping his arm back to his side, he strode out of the room. Quickly walking through the hallways, where he eventually reached one of the unlocked hangars. There, he saw a starfighter, sitting there, unclaimed, apparently. He climbed into it, and activated the fighter. Whirring to life, he piloted the fighter out of the hangar, and into space.

Havoc watched as the Station broke the Super Star Destroyer's shields, and made contact with the hull, still plowing through. Instead of piloting his fighter away, however, he piloted it towards the Super Star Destroyer. He had seen the readings for that ship... and Havoc was guessing that they had no power to weapons, and that they diverted all power to engines and shields. Well, now only engines remained. They were practically defenseless. Piloting the fighter towards the SSD, he approached the enemy ship. No enemy fire... so they truly had no weapons, they were truly defenseless. What fun...

Havoc streaked his fighter past the bridge, like a predator playing with a wounded animal. Seeing a fighter when they had no way of combating one would be a terrifying sight, no doubt. But Havoc didn't open fire on the bridge, no. Instead, he continued streaking past them, headed for open space. His work here was done. Now, he just want to sit back and watch the show begin. He was merely toying with them

Back on the station, that Path Engines would continue to whirr to life, almost at their zenith, preparing to launch.

And Havoc would have the best seat in the house.

Last edited:

Elle Mors

E

Freedom was so close, and with it survival would come, surely - surely, she thought, until she saw the shift in the angle of the starlight shining through the hangar bay door. So close to her escape, to live another day, and fate still tried to trap her in its snare even as she swung over the side of her fighter into its cockpit. The thrusters flared, blue light illuminating the hangar as flames roared out of the engines of her A-wing, flames that scorched the metallic flooring as her fighter spun and lunged out of the hangar bay, tearing through the bay doors that were built to keep things out, rather than in, with relative ease following a volley of laser fire. What she saw when she plunged back out into the darkness made her heart plummet in her chest.

Nearly as fast as she'd exited the station's hangar bay the Mercy itself was flying towards the planet's surface below. A flash, a ship launching into and exiting from hyperspace she realized, and a super star destroyer placed itself between the two like a wedge, grinding against the massive sphere to try to blunt it away from its target. Just ten days ago she would have said her thanks and been on her way - just ten days ago she wouldn't have had the strength of will in her to lend a hand at this stage, when everything seemed so hopeless, but today she'd been given her second chance by the force. Perhaps the odds were never going to be in her favor, or in theirs, but if she'd been given the opportunity to live to see another day then she'd use that borrowed time to make sure that the hundreds upon thousands manning that ship at least had a shot in the dark at getting the same chance she'd got only minutes before.

It was only fair.

Wincing at the amount of G's she was pulling, her fighter turning a neat one-eighty in the void of space, Elle Mors changed course - her strained eyes now set on the rear of the massive station that was now colliding with the Resurgent. There wasn't much time, she knew, but she wouldn't give up when there was a chance, any chance, that a decision on her part could mean less death here - a battlefield where too many had met a pointless end. Thrusters engaged, her stomach nearly in her chest as she struggled to keep her hands steady at the controls, her fighter accelerated to its maximum while she tried, perhaps only in vain, to get her targeting to lock onto the largest gap in the Mercy's massive engines - engines which were facing her.

Closer now, close enough that accuracy was about as important as proximity, and she fired. She didn't know if it'd make a difference, she didn't rightly care - she just couldn't stand by, watching people die, while she did nothing. Everything the tiny speck in space could muster was thrown at the giant, perhaps amounting to nothing at all - but then a ship of the same make had ended the Executor almost eight hundred years in the past - but one faulty engine would cause the station to pitch and turn, assuming the maneuver paid off.

Her eyes shut - preparing for the worst. Even if her ship didn't collide with the station, their proximity was close enough that an explosion - which was inevitable now, given the state of the lumbering behemoth - would be disastrous for her.

"Feth."

Last edited by a moderator:
QSmcOtm.jpg

Objective: The darkest Day in Hell
Equipment: Red Midnight Duster | Red Sith Armor | Sith Mask | Grav Boots | CrushGaunts | x2 White lightsabers | Forearm Lanvorak | Wrist Laser | Variety of Explosives | RSKF-44 heavy blaster | X-21 shock glove (Stored in her coat pocket) | ion Shovel | Mining Laser
Auxiliary Equpment: X8 EV-series supervisor droid (EV-4D9 load out) | Mining Rig Exo Skeleton | Hot Mess (Ship)
Allies: The Mongrel The Mongrel | BotM
Enemies: The Defenders
Tags: Open

The fate of Csilla loomed ever close to doom, even if the Gods chose to spare it the wounds of this day would forever scar it. Legacies and legends on both sides of the war had been forge in this frozen hell. No one would be able to say they left this place the same person they arrived as. Stories, rumors, and myths of this day would spread across the Galaxy. People who weren’t even here will fabricate elaborate lies about how them and their mates waged wars here to look like great hero’s or villains. Nearly a thousand years from now they will be talking about The Maw War on Csilla. Much like they still talked about the Imperial and rebel war that had two death stars to this day.

As the Bloodsworn and Maw armies crushed and pillaged the city Khaos found herself in a tranquil spot. She stood in a museum one that had not been fully pillaged, looted, and burned to the ground. She stared into a painted picture of swirling stars. The stars themselves were beautiful but there was something to be said about the painting of stars on a canvas. It could portray the feeling just as well as floating in the endless void of space looking upon the real thing.

Khaos let the final moments of silence wash over her, she knew they would have to leave soon, and they were waiting on her word. This was not a fight she had wanted to be apart of, this was not a place she had wanted to come to. Yet when her mother called upon her, she showed up because she always did. She reached into her coat and pulled out the picture of the chiss family she had taken from the Library. She looked at them all smiling and happy in the photo and then looked back up at the painting of the stars.

Khaos had played her part and made her bed, as much as she wanted to say this was all her mothers’ fault, she knew she could have refused. Today she had embraced the monster inside of her. The image of the chiss asking her why crossed her mind once more. “Because as much as we talk of peace, we know conflict is what keeps us alive.” That was why not fate it was the need to survive and only the strong survived that was the fundamental law of nature. Not even the Jedi could deny that through surviving conflict their orders had been made stronger. Nor could they deny that in those briefest of moments of peace their order grew weak and nearly went extinct a few times.

Khaos took a deep breath and opened her comms to all the force’s gathered in the city of Cspalar. “It’s time to start evacuating and head back to Maw space our work here is done. We will leave the rest of planets fate up to the Gods.” She closed her comms and looked into the endless void of space in the painting a moment longer. Then she began to walk away, as she did the picture of the chiss family in her hand ignited into flame and she let it go letting it drift into the painting of the stars. It started a chain reaction that would ignite the museum into the flames. As fire began to spread Khaos walked calmly away grabbing a golden chalice and a blue crystal of some kind from a display case on her way out.

Khaos made her way to her ship the hot mess that was waiting for her. She turned and looked at the city that once more a true symphony of destruction before her. She stood on the ramp as the Hot mess began to lift off a smirk crossed her face, and her eyes flashed a violent fiery orange. “Peace is a Lie.”

Faction-Banner-Gif.gif

T R A N Q U I L I T Y
C H I M E R A
T E R R O R I N T H E T R E N C H E S
Enedina Tal Enedina Tal

Posting_Banner_v2.png

The climb up the mountainous hill had been just as grueling as he had imagined it was going to be, and yet still, he found himself out of breath by the time he stood upon the edge of the world, staring down at the absolute carnage sown below. Even if Csilla survived the planet-destroying attempts by the Maw, it would never be the same- this war had scarred it permanently. Bodies in the thousands, tens of thousands, even more, lay strew across the melted snow as discarded toys the powers that be did not want to play with anymore. Even here, where the wind howled maniacally and the ice was sharpest, the Sith Lord could still hear the screams and moans of the wounded left behind.

In truth, it twisted his stomach into an uncomfortable knot. He would have afforded the men he had devastated the honor to gather their wounded warriors and give them the lifeline needed to survive this- but the Maw did not hold the values he did. The Maw did not respect the valorous deeds of men of war as he did. The Maw did not care for anything, it seemed, but discord. He considered why he had even aligned himself with them here in the first place as he turned his gaze forward towards the looming ice shelf where the jagged rocks lay beyond.

Funneling his energy into heating both himself and the woman he carried, now that he was out of sight, he returned to his somber silence, where only the hissing of his boots melting the snow beneath them would accompany his frigid march. The haphazard hold on Enedina was adjusted, where he gently cradled her against him rather than carelessly over his shoulder, offering her the heat he generated and he was afforded a chance to better shield her from the razors the wind carried with his own body. Another bout of smoke left his lips and he trudged onward, bowing his head slightly to guard his eyes against the gales.

It was not long then, in that silent march, that the spires of the jagged rocks shrouded him in their shadow- a cover he was grateful for, unknowing of whatever force was to be dispatched after him. Turning back to look over his shoulder, he glimpsed the very clear tracks he had left in the deepening snow where it had melted completely. At least whoever was coming would not struggle as he did to make this trek. Shortly thereafter, he found a partial nook in the stone, a small space he could gently rest the woman down in to guard her against the razorice he suffered. He situated himself down beside her and folded his legs, easing himself into partial meditations led by dragon's breaths.

Where the battle sounded far and the snow was mostly untouched, he would wait.

VMEh3SE.png
HOSTAGE | Enedina Tal Enedina Tal
ALLIES | THE DARK SIDE | WotS | The Mongrel The Mongrel Lirka Ka Lirka Ka
FOES | NIO | GA | THE LIGHT | Tyrell Lockhart Tyrell Lockhart DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran Major Bennett Hall

Last edited:
Being adrift in the cold void of space brought back memories for Elpsis. None of them were pleasant - being smashed by debris, frostbite, suffocation, almost dying. That sort of thing. She clamped down on the feeling, as best as she could. Shikoba was visibly shaking in her suit. "Wrong, wrong, all wrong," she muttered to herself. "Darkness everywhere, only darkness." Elpsis floated towards her, grabbing ahold of her, forcing the trembling Vashyada to look at her.

"Shikoba of the Redleaf Clan," she spoke firmly. "Your suit's sealed, you've got air. We'll be safe on the ship. You endured the Nether, you will endure this. Understood?"
The value of a stern, authoritative voice could not be discounted. When the infectious panic was in the air someone who was showing calm and order was an essential quality. Shikoba seemed to calm down a bit. "Yes."
"Conserve your air."

As the team floated towards the rallying point, they could see the battered Mercy shudder and seemingly start to collapse. Multiple explosions appeared to be rocking the station. "Don't start bragging," Nyssa grunted to Natalie. "All you did was hack a computer."
"All you did was hack up some goons," the Essionian countered.
"Is the planet safe now?" Rhea asked.

No answer came, as the team's getaway shuttle sped towards them, decloaking. One by one, the squad members floated through the sleek vessel's airlock. It was then that the Mercy smashed into a Super Star Destroyer. "Look!" Diona exclaimed, half-aboard the shuttle.
Elpsis had been the last gliding towards the ship. She turned her gaze towards the scene, and froze when she realised the station was on collision course with the planet. Behind her helmet, her features went rigid. Her face looked like it had been carved out of granite. Time seemed to stop for her. She grabbed ahold of the hull so hard her knuckles turned white.
"We must go. Closing airlock now," the pilot shouted.
"Shut up," Nyssa growled. "Red, get your arse inside."

"Lieutenant?" Rhea urged her, then grabbed her shoulder when she got no response. "Elpsis. There's nothing we can do."
Wordlessly, the Fire Mistress slipped into the ship. The airlock was sealed behind her.
"Why?" Shikoba asked, looking lost. "The sky people call us barbarians, but I see I found the true barbarians in the stars." There was no response.

Last edited:

ChVAW7n.png

1614449036928.png

Pulsing sulfuric orbs brimming bright with hatred peered out to their submerged state and beyond the glass containment that held the Dark Voice. Floating in the care of a bacta tank, the Elder scanned his horizons with his menacing eyes and touched upon everything with preternatural senses enhanced by the empyrean. A heavy pressure compressed the inside of the medical bay and pulled. A loud groan came from twisting metal and the sound of medical droids crushing under the weight of the Sith Master's will as he let loose his frustration.

He had survived the void but so too had his god-son, his figurative nephew Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson . Solipsis could feel his presence slipping away, the attempt to sway him to the Dark Side of the Force coming so close yet ultimately failing. He could not sway him from the pathetic Ashla, at least not now without the proper tools. His thoughts came upon the anger of the Jedi Master upon mention of the nephew, yes he would do just fine.

The Dark Voice closed his eyes, not many could survive the vacuum of space and live to tell about it. He was lucky to be alive after being sucked out into the cold void, yet his thoughts drifted elsewhere. He closed his eyes and touched upon the battle using the ancient art of Battle Meditation. The superweapon, Mercy, and the First Order Super Star Destroyer that attempted to turn the tide as it moved toward the planet below came to his thoughts like waves of scattered information. He let his mind drift until he could touch upon the mighty Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha , letting his words drift in like a cold gale.

His voice bellowed and pierced at the Ebruchi's nerves,

"You HAvE doNe WELL. BrING us to GEHINNOM, I will guide the BATTLE from here."

With immense focus and strain the Dark Voice cast his dark influence across the empty expanse into the fleet engagement with Battle Meditation. A malevolent force washed over the forces of the Brotherhood beckoning their movements and threatened to eat away at the defenders slowly like a buzzing gnat. The navy of the Brotherhood would feel the dark watchful gaze of their master fill them with vigor and bloodthirsty renewal. The battle was far from over, the Dark Lord while indisposed still posed to set an impact on the stage as they prepared for a strategic exit.

There was little more they could do, the superweapon would soon engage it's Path Engine and let loose an event like no other. The brilliant moves of the First Order was valiant, but would it be enough to turn the tides against Csilla in favor of the Chiss? Could they SAVE them?

n4uonda.jpg

Commanding: Fatalis-class Star Dreadnought
Allies: Aldo Garrick, Talon Kyber, CETCOM CETCOM , Derix Tirall, Kuric Taumin, Subject 54 Havoc Subject 54 Havoc , Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis
Foes: Teica Giraan Teica Giraan , Albrecht F. Herlock Albrecht F. Herlock , Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva , Ryv, Thale, Roudac Gannan Roudac Gannan , Natasi Fortan, Gallius Orcana Gallius Orcana , Adhira Chandra, Auteme, Rahmmon Barkai Rahmmon Barkai , Olen Halcorr, Charlotte Reed, Korynn Sol-Syna, Liedran Kathause

ChVAW7n.png

Perhaps Tu'teggacha's final attack, throwing forward the debris and fully engaging Gallius Orcana Gallius Orcana 's battle group with everything he had left, would have been enough to turn the tide in their part of this battle... or perhaps it would not have been, and would have ended only in a pointless blaze of glory. Whatever might have happened, the tide elsewhere had turned already. The Taskmaster, his breath still coming in frantic gasps and his vision nearly gone dark, looked up to behold a sight that changed everything: the Mercy was beginning to break apart. All of their delaying actions, every ship they had lost trying to hold back the fleets that vastly outnumbered them... it had been for nothing.

He wondered, briefly, whether it would have made any difference if he hadn't requested superlaser support earlier in the battle. Would they have been able to fire a full-power shot on Csilla in time? Another thing he would never know, and there was no use in hypotheticals. All that remained was to do what he could with what he still had: himself, his ship, and his crew. The Mercy had not survived this confrontation, but the Fatalis, damaged though it was, still could... and that meant the Dark Voice would survive also. As if in answer to his thoughts, the voice of Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis lanced into his mind, a white-hot blade of command that made the Ebruchi gasp as it entered his brain.

"Yes, My Lord," he replied, hauling himself back into his command chair. He opened a general transmission, one sent out to all surviving Maw ships and allies. "Brotherhood vessels, prepare to disengage. We will evacuate what ground forces we can and then retreat from the system. Seek no further glory; if you have survived this long, the Avatars have judged you worthy, and you have a role to play in the battles to come. Do not waste your ship or your life." As for himself, Tu'teggacha was uncertain how he could escape the situation; a massive First Order battlegroup was closing in on him, ready to support Orcana in finishing him off before he could jump to hyperspace.

At least, that had been the case moments earlier, before the Mercy's destruction. As the Taskmaster watched, Roudac Gannan Roudac Gannan 's ships turned back, racing to an intercept course with the collapsing battle station. It took only a moment to realize why: in its last moments, the Mercy was streaking down toward Csilla, picking up speed as it went. Such an impact would do terrible damage, though perhaps not enough to crack the planet; it was not as large as the moon-sized Death Star, after all. But then Tu'teggacha noticed something else: a flickering around the edges of the station. Someone on board was trying to engage the Path Engines, accelerating the station on a hyperspace vector.

The Ebruchi's tendrils wriggled in bloodthirsty glee. If they could succeed, pushing past the First Order and Alliance ships even now putting themselves in the Mercy's path, then the station might strike Csilla at near-lightspeed... more than enough to rip an entire world apart. It was in the hands of the dark gods now. For his part, Tu'teggacha joined the rest of the surviving Maw ships - coordinated by Solipsis's dark will through the power of Battle Meditation - in joining back together, clearing a path with their bristling weapons to reach the edge of the system. They would pick up whatever transports they could from the surface, recovering troops and plunder before jumping to hyperspace...

... and leaving Csilla to whatever fate awaited it.

Fatalis, a Fatalis-class Star DreadnoughtRetreating, firing on any pursuers
Poisoned Veins, a Crucifix I-class DestroyerDestroyed
Crimson Offering, a Crucifix I-class DestroyerRetreating, firing on any pursuers
Severing Blade, a Crucifix I-class DestroyerRetreating, firing on any pursuers
Sanguine Cruor, a Crucifix I-class DestroyerRetreating, firing on any pursuers

[Location: Space Around Csilla - ANV Hawk -- C.I.C]
[Commander Giraan standing by]
[Direct Relevancy: Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva ]

“We will do everything we can.”

"Nice to know Csilla didn't take your optimism," Teica's eyes scanned back to her freshly-bandaged leg, and looked back at the viewscreen.

. . .
The familiar rumblings filled her ears, the low notes of cogs turning turrets and echoing through the hull. It was a sound of progress, a guarantee of the ship's continued survival. At least, it used to be. Through the Stygian Campaign, and off to the crusade against the Brotherhood, the sounds had warped into a warning of danger, a promise that as long as the turbolasers fired, death would loom overhead.

The Hawk sailed through the twisted cage of debris, charred skeletons of vessels littered and suspended around. Already, she felt her own unease crawling up her spine and leaving behind a trail of frozen bone, a feeling only heightened when-

“Sir, we’re detecting an enormous energy buildup aboard the station.”

“Where’s it pointed?”
“Sir, It looks like it's aiming for the planet.”

Just what Teica had given everything to avoid, the very thing the Resolution had been lost to prevent, the very thing that thousands had died to stop, now seemed closer to a reality than ever before. Her composure began to tear itself apart, before beginning to drown in tears, or rather the suppression of them. She took a sharp inhale, and looked to the commodore.

“Open fire on the battle station’s main dish. We may not be able to get through it’s shields, but we have a chance to save Csilla. Get as close as possible. Our lives no longer matter.”

Her head collapsed into her hands, any professional posture burnt to a crisp as so many vessels had been. Peeking from caging fingers, she caught a narrow window to the viewscreen, and the terror that lay ahead. She watched the fragmenting orb known as Mercy making the sprint for Csilla, knowing that if the weapon could reach its target, everything would have been for nought; while her own fear taunted and dragged her down. The words Selfish, Cowardly, and Useless continued to confirm themselves in her mind.

The barrels of turbolasers lit up, missile tubes, torpedo launchers, everything they had concentrated on the metallic planet-killer before them. The hull buckled, warnings sounded, and Teica could only watch and shake in her seat. Then they pulled back, and the quaking began to vanish.

“Helmsman, transfer control of the ship to my command chair.”

He couldn't have been thinking what she thought he was. The commander came startled to attention, back straight. Panic distorted her vision, her hearing, her entire world and reality. Until, that was, the final words pushed past the tangled web.

“I am going to ram the superlaser dish. I want everyone off the Hawk. We’ll have to crowd into the life pods.”

"You can't be serious!" Teica shot upward, a sudden jolt of pain scratching at her leg.

There was no use, Constantine had made the decision, the decision to save as many lives as they could, and protesting would be selfish.
Selfish...Selfish...Dammit! So what?! I've been through too much, We've all been through too much. Who cares if the universe owes me something? None of the words could make it out, and instead, she was resigned to a weak salute, before her arm fell. The commander took a deep breath.

"If you even think about dying..." Her hands clenched, and her voice silenced.

Teica's expression did the rest of the talking, until she turned away, and followed the helmsman to the escape pods. In her mind, she spoke a once forgotten prayer, and waited for fate to make its decision.

Last edited:

Charlotte Reed

C

g r a v i t y
As the drama of battle unfolded before her, Charlotte was unconvinced by the facsimile playing out on the command table. She rounded the display, striding up the central walkway towards the broad viewport at the front of the bridge. Her jaw dropped as she watched the trajectory of the Resurgent, and a cold jolt went through her when she realized what Roudac Gannan Roudac Gannan was trying to do. Glassy eyes widened as his orders came through. Her lieutenant looked to her, eyebrow raising in an unspoken question.

Charlotte glanced from one side of the bridge to the other, each appearing to pose the same question: Are we really doing this?

Galidraani shoulders squared and she clasped her hands behind her back. "You heard the Allegiant General," she called across the bridge, turning on her heel to return to the command table. She opened a channel to her ships. "All ships, adjust heading to the Resurgent's position and prepare to reinforce. As we go, continue to engage those ram-ships while we're in range but keep an eye on the scanners and prepare to destroy anything that turns its guns on the Resurgent. It's going to need all the cover it can get. Power up every tractor weapon we have and prepare to engage. Now!"

She placed her hands on the table and leaned over it, her eyes tracing the movements, darting this way and that across the battlefield facsimile playing out in front of her. In the background, Csilla loomed large, waiting for an absolution, if only Gannan and the allied forces could provide it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom