Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annihilation Head of the Snake | BotM Annhilation of Csilla | Results

As the Admin presiding over the first Annihilation on this site it was a daunting challenge for myself and my judges, and we thank you for your patience.

The result was close, but in the end we are happy with what has happened.

Story: Both sides put up a fantastic fight. The attackers and the defenders actually reacted to exchanged fire for the most part, which isn't always something that happens, and so it was nice to see. It was also nice to see the attackers change their tactics when they realized how badly outnumbered they were, and see the defenders drawn into a desperate withdrawal, especially with the NIO artillery being forced to withdraw.

Some other notable moments for the attackers were Mongrel and Kyrel’s battles with the defenders. This was balanced by the defenders rush to disable the super weapon just about when it mattered in my opinion was a defining moment, as was the plight of the Alliance Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor and the Firemane unit’s battle.

Therefore it has been determined that this is a draw as there were some seriously interesting stories by both sides.

Verdict: Draw

Tension
: This thread was very close in this category but in the end one side just managed to eclipse the other. The defender's resolve was strong, but it was evident that given that they weren't defending their own world the stakes weren't quite there. The attackers, however, outnumbered and outgunned, fought with a marked desperation that carried through in their posts. More so on the ground than on space, given that their leader was aware that he was vastly outclassed by many of his opponents.

Meanwhile, the myriad forces that were on the defenders side didn't always have the strongest reasons for being there, and it showed to an extent. They lacked the unity of purpose and coordination that the attackers had. When the defenders later became a bit more coordinated things improved but it was too little, too late.

Credit must also be given to the attackers for being fair with taking hits and damage, and for working with their opponents. This especially applies here since it added to the tension on both sides about whether the weapon could be stopped. And even if it could be stopped would it be enough?

In the end we have ruled that this category narrowly goes to the attackers.

Verdict: Attackers

Participation:
The attackers were vastly outnumbered, but they were also consistently active throughout the thread. Therefore, despite the disparity in sheer numbers this balanced out evenly and has been ruled a draw.

Drama:
During our assessment of the IC and OOC threads we did not find any issues which were not resolved quickly. Nothing was brought to our attention which merited intervention. Therefore this has been ruled a draw.

Overall Verdict: Attacker Victory

This was a very tough decision as both sides worked incredibly hard, but we feel the Maw and their allies have just done enough to achieve victory.

ComfortableImmediateIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif

Bye-bye Blueberry

A couple of other people I'd be remiss if I didn't mention:
  • FN-999, your glorious map and clever tactics really made the ground battle all that it could be!
  • Gallius Orcana Gallius Orcana , you kept up the pressure with great fleeting, really keeping me on my toes!
  • Teica Giraan Teica Giraan , writing with your fully-realized, very human character is always a pleasure!
  • Roudac Gannan Roudac Gannan , you were an imposing, commanding presence and a natural leader!
  • Albrecht F. Herlock Albrecht F. Herlock , you did a lot with just a few ships, and it was a fun read!
I had a great time with every last person my characters interacted with, and I can't wait to do it again.

Too many wonderful people to write with here. I have been consistently overjoyed by the brilliant fleeting on both sides, thoroughly loving the ground action, and just all in between.

But, I am going to shamelessly call someone out. Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha , you manage fleets with a precision that I can never truly hope to match, and it has been an honor losing Teica's second vessel with a Crucifix on the other end.

Well, fantastic job to you all, I look forward to further action against the Brotherhood.

Some of the best stuff I've ever read on Chaos.

Biggest props go to Gallius Orcana Gallius Orcana and Roudac Gannan Roudac Gannan who displayed some of the best fleeting I've ever seen, and another shout out to Teica Giraan Teica Giraan for her displaying a normal human being with real problems.

In addition to that, I'd also like to shoot more shout outs to those dueling aboard the station, Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson and Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis for putting on a real and enjoyable read. (At one point I forgot I was reading and not watching a movie)

But it was dope. Can't wait for the next one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom