Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Had a good MFO chat. But apparently they all want a Map Wipe...?

Should we wipe the map

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tonight, the MFOs and I met and talked about the state of the community, how peaceful and chill it's been, and the stories everyone is enjoying. It's great, and I commended the MAW guys on launching their Invasions today - I love my war - but it was really weird because right after that we all held a vote to wipe the map.

Either that happened or I'm 100% making it up for another heater of a tagline because I'm a degenerate administrator who likes to stir the pot. It's possible it didn't. It's possible it did. It's possible I've been really jiving with the Marvel "What If...?" episodes released on big daddy Disney +.

Time is a prism.

So how would you feel about a map wipe? Would you rage, watching all your hexes get blown up and everyone back on the same even playing field?

Would you laugh at CIS and ask them for a new beach thread?

Would you look at the Sith Empire vs NIO war of yesteryear, and wonder what the hubbub (boomer term) was all really for if you're just going to lose the hexes?

Vote below, let us know you feel about a potential map wipe (this year?). Before you leave this thread, to remind the old and new members alike, the last map wipe was not authorized without a 2/3 majority agreement from the community which only happened after several weeks of discussion among MFO, Staff, and community levels from the highest on down. Last time, I believe we had 3-4 different votes asking about a map wipe before it ever became a real tangible decision.

Vote below.

before i get an angry message in the mfo chat, no, they did not vote to wipe the map nor was the subject ever broached

Personally, the main reason I wouldn't be for a map wipe is because the majority of people who have wanted one only did so as a 'ultimate strike against the old guard'. It was brought up alot during the early stages of the TSE vs NIO war, for example, and has since been brought up in the context of the CIS specifically. I'd fear that the reason most people want a map wipe isn't for the sake of rejuvinating the political RP of the galaxy, but just to undermine 'the other guys' as so many have put themselves into. Double unnecessary considering that the political faction vs faction rp is about the biggest its been in years - and stagnation isn't something on the horizon for a while.

If things stagnate, we should consider it - but why do it now?

TLDR; Why wipe the map when the getting is still good?

Mishel Kryze

M
Yes, only if all majors get BDZ'd in the process and everyone has to start from scratch. New characters, new minors in which to go major with, it'd be awesome. That's really my only condition for it at this point.

Personally, the main reason I wouldn't be for a map wipe is because the majority of people who have wanted one only did so as a 'ultimate strike against the old guard'. It was brought up alot during the early stages of the TSE vs NIO war, for example, and has since been brought up in the context of the CIS specifically. I'd fear that the reason most people want a map wipe isn't for the sake of rejuvinating the political RP of the galaxy, but just to undermine 'the other guys' as so many have put themselves into. Double unnecessary considering that the political faction vs faction rp is about the biggest its been in years - and stagnation isn't something on the horizon for a while.

If things stagnate, we should consider it - but why do it now?

TLDR; Why wipe the map when the getting is still good?

Allow me a rare moment of agreeing with you, I actually think this is a good take. I have definitely seen it get brought up by the "old guard" or people unhappy OOC with an event like the NIO/Sith war.

I do not let them inform my decisions, though. You hit the nail on the head, it's one of my greatest weapons against stagnation. And was employed in a period of time, when the site was in "wane" mode and no longer "waxing" - to upset that stagnation. It paves the way for immense creativity, similar to volcano creating incredibly fertile ash.

Doing it, honestly, isn't really much of a question. Yes, you should do it in periods of stagnation. It's proven to be effective. But the real question, and the reason why I prod the community, is WHEN.

I am in favor! I want the chaos to come out of it and I imagine people could come up with a really cool, hectic storyline justifying why it happened!

Plus I wasn't here for the last map wipe and I want to see what comes of it!

Yeah, do it. I’m all for it and I can sub new and exciting swimwear for Rann to wear to the next CIS beach bash. Can’t be showin up wearin’ last map wipes catalog tf. New map new me.

Live Laugh Love to see it.

if they're watching anyways
finally, alliance in exile led by auteme to RECLAIM THE GALAXY

Kind of on the fence about this, mostly because I agree there's a lot of cool stuff going on right now (mm yes give me that SGHW juice) but I've always kind of wanted a map wipe to see how the galaxy would work with such a fractured political state. (Short tangent -- always found it weird that large, centralized major factions are able to create strong national IC identities in such short periods of reign. On the other hand, those kind of narratives definitely work better when there's more inter-faction conflict like there tends to be on Chaos, but I've always wanted to see a number of legitimate confederacies, nations trying to balance a wide number of member state's interests, while also trying to build a national identity to go up against other nations. Gotten a few tastes of it in GA and always loved it.)

Minor worries about continuity and the story it'd take to get there, but I don't doubt it'd get worked out and be pretty cool.

this reads as sarcasm but i'm not 100% sure

yeah I also read sarcasm tbh

I'm still a positive little ray of sunshine after all these years. Also, I remember from last time that most factions gained back much of their territory very quickly via speed doms and the like, sure the map had aired out a little, but did it change anything? No. You should ask yourselves if this really gonna change anything, like really. Really. REALLY.

I'm still a positive little ray of sunshine after all these years. Also, I remember from last time that most factions gained back much of their territory very quickly via speed doms and the like, sure the map had aired out a little, but did it change anything? No. You should ask yourselves if this really gonna change anything, like really. Really. REALLY.

As always, only a lava bucketing Minecraft traitor deals in absolutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom