Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Great Balls of Fire | AoC Invasion of CIS-held Rodia and Talay | OOC

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Domino Domino While I hate to slow things down, I feel it necessarily pertinent to remind you that what you've written is not quite acceptable. Not only did you not give sixteen Mandalorian commandos, my character, his droid or the crew a chance to respond, but you also called a hit on the gunship, called damage, made several assumptions about what the crew would do and in a manner of sorts as well as directly controlled my NPCs.

I'm not leveling accusations of any sort, all I ask is that you please edit your post to be a good degree more reasonable. Thank you very much for reading this, and I'm very sorry if this upsets you, that was far from my intention.

Last edited:
They can still shoot at me as I move by or attack me now, I did hit the ship which I view as an npc (and you have a lot more) but I did not call a kill leaving up to you to determine how much damage I did while writing my hoped for level of damage. There can still be crew or others aboard that could react differently, I noticed the ship had room for up to 24 passengers.

Speaking of the droid, you wrote it was a hundred meters away. I figured since you wrote it as a spy/search droid it was keeping well away from us and using its sensors, not really part of the scene, more a IC justification for knowing where we were. Additionally you used the droid to spot me and Sasmay, relay the info across the city to you, advance to my position, deploy, and start firing on me without giving two writers a chance to respond or try to evade.

What do you think is a more measured response when faced with 17 mandos fitted with ysalamiri and multiple heavy heavy anti-tank weapons backed up by gunship and now walker support? I've chosen to roll with it and go big, go aggressive, get the attention away from less armored, less mobile member of the team and maybe draw your character into a fight where you aren't relying on overwhelming numbers. That way I can write more than running and deflecting shots and we can have a neat duel.

Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Shuklaar Kyrdol

I'm terribly sorry you feel this way about numbers, but fact of the matter is that you invaded an evacuated city, filled with CIS troops, without any stealth gear. As far as the CIS is concerned, your character is part of a terrorist organization.

Additionally, the droid in question was mentioned in the Shuklaar section of the post, not the initial section with the recon droid. Perhaps I should have linked Jare'la, but I didn't at the time, which I'll admit is my mistake. Second mistake I'll admit is perhaps not giving some sort of indication of where the droid picked your two characters up, my mistake once more. That said, you were quite vague with your starting location and hence I'd argue the same could be said of how long it took you to get where you did.

As for fighting 17 Mandalorians, once more, it's a city...there's ways to withdraw into tight quarters where the fight might be more in your favor. That would have been potentially a more viable choice. Domino Domino

Shuklaar Kyrdol

Thank you for the clarifications, but I'm not interested in retreating. Let's dance.

Domino Domino I'm more than happy for you to not retreat, but you can't call hits or damage as you've done, no matter what's going on. I'd appreciate it if you edited your post to remove the parts where you've done that. If you want to do one on one, there's ways to go about it, but I'm sorry to say this is not one of them.

I already edited to all of your earlier requests, why the sudden insistence that magnetic forces can't pass through a kinetic blocking shield?

Also please use this ooc thread because random people sending me PM's is not the proper way of going about this. Edit requests should be public and visible.

K Kaine Australis

Please refer to Posts #69 - #74 of this OOC Thread; as I had previously raised the concern of how the Yba'sokug managed to drop from Hyperspace "basically on top of an SSD" that was within a Gravity Well - with the resulting request for clarification in an edited post being declined.

Likewise, in regards to the E'care Shukur jumping out of a planet's Gravity Well - please see the following quote.

Safely entering hyperspace from a standing start while docked or exiting hyperspace directly into the atmosphere of a planet were both feats that were generally considered impossible, even for an experienced pilot. Despite this, Han Solo accomplished both with the Millennium Falcon after being drawn into the First Order–Resistance conflict. In fact, starships had safety protocols that prevented hyperdrive engines from firing within the gravitational pull of a planet. Although it was possible to turn those protocols off, such a move was highly dangerous, and any a ship doing so had a high chance of blowing up or falling apart in hyperspace. Successful jumps near a planet were possible, though: during the Clone Wars, a cruiser carrying an injured Anakin Skywalker had its hyperdrive accidentally triggered while still in a planet's atmosphere due to damage from droid fighters, and despite the proximity to the planet the ship successfully jumped to hyperspace without being destroyed. Jyn Erso and her company jumped into hyperspace from inside the atmosphere of Jedha after the Death Star destroyed the moon's Holy city. While fleeing Lothal in a U-wing, Hera Syndulla jumped to hyperspace right in front of an Imperial construction module and flew through the hangar, successfully getting out the other side and making the jump.

The Wookieepedia Article on Hyperspace and Standing Lore states that it is very much possible for a Vessel to jump into Hyperspace while within the Gravity Well of a Planet, however, I did notice something I had forgotten in the post and will add that in momentarily.

Dimitri Lindzinsky

Hey there! First of all, I just want to say - your move to use the recoil to turn around your Star Destroyers was a piece of impressive and quick thinking, super cool to read that! However, I just have one question about your post:

In my previous post, I had each tractor beam generator in my fleet focus on an individual corvette. Currently, I don't see in your post where you address that. The generators are intended to be holding the corvettes in an immobile state, and because of that, I don't think the Disruptor Corvettes would be able to move to the position there are now. Do you think you could edit your post to accommodate for that?

Luna Terrik Luna Terrik I just realized you mention in your header that the time is 21:20. The fireworks in the opening post started at exactly 00:00 on Centaxday - everything that is happening now is after those fireworks :)

ETA: Also your mentioning of 'that child'. It's been made clear both in the thread and in OOC correspondences that it was no child.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

Domino Domino Your request is understood, and I apologize if you felt DMs to be inappropriate. I will contain my future responses here. Now, in regard to your claim regarding your recent actions; particle shields, according to canon, cannot be penetrated by large solid matter, such as persons, and particularly not at high speeds. This is exactly what they're intended to prevent. This is why you would need a personal field disruptor to accomplish what you are attempting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom