Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Galactic Economic Conference

thing_for_keys_1.png

Tagging: Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi , Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell
Proximity: Everyone else in the exhibition hall

Judah's attempt at selling the benefits of a ValeCorp partnership was appreciated... if, perhaps, a bit unnecessary. However, the moment that Judah used the word trash, he could see a flicker of concern run across Chi's features. He couldn't blame her for that; the Pantoran clearly held herself and her work to high standards, and there was no doubt in Tycho's mind that, in her mind, the quality of her product was at stake. Hopefully, he could put her concerns at ease.

"Actually, Judah has a mining operation as well," the Chiss chimed in, glancing at his fellow CEO. "We can source high-quality, pristine metals to your specifications. I'll bring some material samples to our next meeting so you can analyze them for yourself." He hoped that would be enough to assuage her concerns-- metallurgy wasn't Tycho's specialty by any means, so he would be putting his trust in the value of Judah's operation, but he had no doubts in that regard.

Tags : Tycho Vale Tycho Vale | Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

Looks like he would have to salvage the situation.

Typically Judah wouldn't bother to change someone's mind about salvaged metals and his operations. However, he was only doing so for Tycho, especially considering he stuck is foot in his mouth. Helpful wingman in this situation he was not. After all, he did say it had been a very long since he had played the role. It was one he should probably stay away from.

"Salvaged materials are no different than raw, refined metals in terms of strength or quality. Think of it as an endless loop of recycling, its a fascinating process, you should visit one our refineries in the future."

Highly doubtful that eased any concerns but mining was probably a much better subject to stick to and he quickly moved on.

"Several active and productive mines. An expansion project is expected to double the amount of mines we are pulling from daily in just a few short years. If you're concerned about quality, ethics, or have more questions I'll be sure to put you in contact with my son. I can even arrange for a meeting and various tours, raw samples, and the pros and cons of each end product."

Judah glanced over to Tycho with a clear 'sorry buddy' written across his face.

thing_for_keys_1.png

Tags: Tycho Vale Tycho Vale Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell

Chi nodded along as if she were becoming convinced. It seemed that at least Judah rather passionate about recycling. Truth was that a lot of this could be cleared up easily when she visited Dantooine next week. If Tycho was going to give her a tour, the least she could do was return the favor and show him how a single woman and her AI assistant ran a boutique producing the sort of things she had on display.

"My objection was more about presentation. Salvage brings to mind battlefield looters ripping parts out before giving them a wash in dirty water and selling them on. However it sounds like you are recycling; which should still be presented as 'reclaimed' material. Sits better with someone when you're asking them to replace a body part with your product and connect it up to their nerves." She gave the two a look to see if they were following, she expected at least Tycho to understand her position. The rest came down to retaining creative control, but she was confident that once they had their follow-up neither of them would have any complaints.

"Really, as long as the base materials are acceptable, I'll be satisfied." Hopefully that eased them without her coming off as a control freak. It was quite an opinionated speech and un-asked for on a first meeting.

thing_for_keys_1.png

Tagging: Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell

Tycho caught the momentary flicker of an apologetic expression on Judah's face, answering it with a slight upturn at the corner of his lips-- a way to silently say, no worries. Mistakes and misunderstandings happened all the time in the line of business, he found, and as long as you were dealing with someone rational and level-headed-- people like Judah Dashiell and Chi Chuchi-- they could always be explained and resolved.

"Chi's right on the money," the Chiss agreed. "When it comes to prosthetics, sometimes the presentation is just as important as the thing itself. The right verbiage can make all the difference. I'll have to impress that on the marketing department."

It felt like the conversation was coming to a natural close, and so Tycho reached out to shake Chi's hand one last time. "Well, I think that just about covers it for now. I look forward to seeing you at HQ, Chi. We're gonna do great things together."

With that, the Chiss turned to Judah, clasping him on the shoulder and gesturing for him to follow. "Come on, old man. You and I got a little shop to talk."

Tags : Tycho Vale Tycho Vale | Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

"A pleasure meeting you Miss Chuchi. I hope our paths cross again in the future."

Tycho clasped his shoulder, leading him away from the Senator turned business woman and back onto the show floor. Judah waited until he was a respectable distance before addressing his Chiss friend.

"I apologize. Hopefully I didn't damage things beyond repair. It's not every day a grizzled old guy such as yourself gets to talk to a beautiful woman. Don't need to mess that up for you."

Judah grinned at the man, teasing but also with a hint of seriousness. His ears hadn't deceived him, clearly it has been quite the friendly interaction for two who had just met.

"So what are we talking about? I assume you didn't want to just coach me on my horrible wing man skills, so what else is on your mind?"

"The Galaxy will all be mine in the end.", he shrugged, though only with the single remaining shoulder left to the Corpse.​
"I have no intention of removing my workers from my domain, only to cede their control to those who would benefit more directly from them. There is no company in the galaxy that can compare with our production capacity, our worker guilds, or our design - to gain control of them, especially so early into the transition, would be extremely beneficial to any company willing to deal with the Sith.", he said, loud enough for others to hear - notably, Tilon Quill Tilon Quill - who could suddenly feel an oil slick on their skin, as though someone watched them with an unholy and terrible gaze.​
"The Liasons would align their companies with the Sith, become deciders in the Sith's laws in league, or perhaps opposed, to the rest of the Assembly. While the Princes and Kings bandy for more governmental power, specifically to their own worlds, the Corporations would use the Guilds and control they have to push for more reliance on corporations to keep the Sith economy strong. In the end, it won't matter to me, so long as the Sith continue to vye for control against one another."​
"It is our philosophy afterall. To fight and rise to the top through strength. Should it not be the same for our economy as well?"​

thing_for_keys_1.png
Tags: [Open]
Company: Sector Industrial

Sector Industrial had not bought space for a booth or terminal at the Convention Center. Mrauw believed it was better for him to be able to sift through those present and get a gauge of potential clients instead of waiting for them to come to him. Especially since Sector Industrial was such a small company and brand new in comparison to most of the other companies present at the conference.

As the Tinnell walked around the center he'd stop every so often and hand a small metal card over to someone who looked like they could have work for him and his outfit. The card was engraved with the company's name and a contact number for their main office on Nar Shaddaa "Thank you for you time." Mrauw would always leave off in the conversation after handing out his cards.

thing_for_keys_1.png

Tags: Tycho Vale Tycho Vale Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell

"Thank you, and likewise a pleasure," Chi bid them farewell and watched them leave. As the two walked away, she let out a silent sigh once they were well into the crowd. Seemed she hadn't blown it by being so retentive. Could have let it slip, it didn't matter. Not beyond her brand at least, the years she'd put into it. She decided not to agonize over being a control freak, it was poorly timed but justified and Tycho seemed to to agree with her at least.

She'd caught the glances between Judah and Tycho and the former had seemed to think the Chiss had been into her. Which could be interesting even if he was a bit older than her. Or if she managed not to ruin things, or if Ji-Ji ruined things for her. She could already hear his voice warning her about how business ruins pleasure and pleasure can destroy business. Anything on that front would have to wait until they'd finished and the last bill was paid.

Spirits she couldn't wait to get back to the Boutique and de-stress with a long bath, maybe start a new project. She frowned, that would be procrastination, she should research prosthetics, maybe knock out an initial design or two. Something to tempt a Vale Corp client into wanting something bespoke. Possibilities bouncing in her head, she took in another card with a gracious smile and was about to slide it into the card holder with the others she'd accumulated when something caught her attention. "Hey Mrauw do you do personal homes? And do you mind mountains?"
Mrauw Mrauw

thing_for_keys_1.png

Tagging: Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell

"I apologize. Hopefully I didn't damage things beyond repair. It's not every day a grizzled old guy such as yourself gets to talk to a beautiful woman. Don't need to mess that up for you."

The Chiss couldn't help but laugh a little, his rough, low voice distinct even in a crowd. "Hey, I'm glad you dove in to make the play, even if you fumbled the ball a little bit," Tycho teased. "Besides, Chi's as intelligent and reasonable as she is beautiful. It's all water under the bridge, now. I think you just startled her a little with the trash talk, old man."

There was no point in trying to deny that he had been flirting with Chi Chuchi-- in his own low-key, semi-professional way. In most circumstances, Tycho tried to keep his business and personal life separate, a philosophy only enhanced by the fact that the qualities for making a good business partner weren't always the same qualities for making a good romantic partner. That, and Tycho's own luck with romance had been... middling, at best. Sure, he had enough flings and dalliances to run a list, his encounters stretching all the way back to his days in the service. But somehow, life had always found a way to intervene. Things had always fallen apart, in one way or another.

Disheartening, sure. But he wasn't the type to just give up, either.

At this point in his life, Tycho had learned not to rush or force romance-- like a good deal, relationships needed time, care and attention. Still, he couldn't deny that he was hoping. There was something fascinating about Chi, something different, some sort of lightning behind those amber eyes that made him want to learn more about her. Hopefully, her visit would mean just that.

"So what are we talking about? I assume you didn't want to just coach me on my horrible wing man skills, so what else is on your mind?"

"Well, it's actually about the shipment we just received from you," the Chiss began. Already anticipating Judah's concern at such a statement, he lifted his hand to placate him "Nothing bad. It's all great, grade-A material. My foremen have nothing but good things to say. I think everyone in the company just underestimated exactly how productive the forgemasters on Muunilinst could be. At the rate we're going, we'll be out of materials again sooner than expected."

As they walked, Tycho and Judah slowly followed along the curve of the exhibition hall. Directly ahead was the ValeCorp presentation, and the Chiss waved at his droid companion as Aych waved back.

"I think we need to double the shipments."

thing_for_keys_1.png
Tags: Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

Mrauw was about to walk away when Chi Chuchi inquired about his business practices which greatly delighted the Tinnell. Mrauw considered her question and nodded slowly "Why, yes, we do. Typically compound arrangements. Multiple buildings in the same vicinity normally surrounded by a privacy wall. Tends to be out most popular private home request." Mrauw shook his head at the concern about the mountainous terrain "Sector Industrial can build on nearly any terrain, so long as we can have access to materials being brought into the site. Either by land, sea, or air."

The Tinnell reached into his pocket and withdrew a datapad and began to tap away on it "Is there a particular planet that you have in mind? Perhaps a size of the facility you'd be looking for?"

thing_for_keys_1.png
Tags: Mrauw Mrauw

The alien, Chi wasn't entirely sure what species they were until Ji-Ji popped up a helpful notification in her contact lenses that this was a male Tinnell, seemed just as excited as she would be by a potential project. "A home for myself, probably modestly sized," her hand holding the metal card drew over the table as if to demonstrate. "I know I'd want minimal impact on the natural surrounding landscape, close to a cliffside to facilitate an underground hanger suitable for a small corvette."

Now came the part that may be difficult for Mrauw. "I don't have a location just yet. There's some family property on Pantora I can build on, but I also have offers from Orto Plutonia and Vaynai, a few other places. Mostly I have a few sketches of what I'd like and a need to have a getaway that doesn't have me living on a ship or a condo on an ecumenopolis. So I thought I'd ask what your design and build process was like."

"Well, it's actually about the shipment we just received from you," the Chiss began. Already anticipating Judah's concern at such a statement, he lifted his hand to placate him "Nothing bad. It's all great, grade-A material. My foremen have nothing but good things to say. I think everyone in the company just underestimated exactly how productive the forgemasters on Muunilinst could be. At the rate we're going, we'll be out of materials again sooner than expected."

"Way to give an old guy heart problems. You got to go easy on me, at this age you can't just spring sentences like that on folks without a bit of context besides holding up your hand. In all seriousness, its great to see how productive your crews have been. I feel like we were just talking about they didn't have any work and now they are flying through piles of metal. I'm happy to hear everything is progressing well."

"I think we need to double the shipments."

"That can easily be done. Same conditions and price" Judah was ensuring the refined metal was going at the lowest price possible, Tycho was doing great work with medical equipment and there had been no reason to gouge the man. "I'll let Mrs.Datos know and we can start shipping out extra."

A pause and a grin.

"I'll be reaching out to you in two weeks to see how your meeting went, so let me know if there are issues with the shipment then. Should see a ramp up in a few days."

Tycho Vale Tycho Vale

thing_for_keys_1.png
Tags: Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

Continued to tap away with a few fingers on the surface of the datapad as the woman spoke. Chi Chuchi had quite a tall order for the company but so far all Mrauw was hearing was 'time'. He could get this contract completed with time. Mrauw slowly nodded his head as she spoke to let her know he was still listening though his fingers suddenly paused as he looked up at her with only his eyes "No set location?" that did provide a bit of a problem "Those are three very... large potential locations. The surveying and geological inspections alone for several sites that far apart would be quite expensive. While I'm positive my company could deliver on this project. Perhaps we'll put a uhm, pin? In it. I believe the saying goes." As the potential client made her interest in their process known Mrauw gave a kind nod "Of course. First we start with surveying. We'd like to know who owns what tract of land and what our buildable space is. Next we hire a geological surveyor who inspects the area for potential issues with the soil and or rock conditions. Some planets have softer stone than others, makes for a bit of a risk when large structures start being built or anchored to them. We'd also not want to build on a karst feature that may develop into a sinkhole. When the surveying process is complete we compile the information and make any adjustments to the plan we'd need to ensure a safe product." Mrauw paused to let her digest this portion of the process "Then we'll move in excavation droids, normally we have them on site already just awaiting activation. About the time our excavation is complete the first material shipments will come through to the site."

The Tinnell motioned towards the datapad then as he spoke "As we go through the foundational building process, including any form of subterranean features or utility work, our clients can make minor adjustments along the way. Our building styles are not usually for luxury homes but they are very sound, sturdy, structures. You'll never fear a ground quake or a windstorm that we can promise you. Of course, on the interior, you can have whatever look you'd like. I would probably suggest getting into contact with a separate interior-design company."

thing_for_keys_1.png

Tagging: Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell

"Way to give an old guy heart problems. You got to go easy on me, at this age you can't just spring sentences like that on folks without a bit of context besides holding up your hand.

"Hey, look at it this way," Tycho laughed. "What better place to go into cardiac arrest than here, next to your attending physician?"

It was a huge relief to find that the terms of their deal remained the same, regardless of the doubling in supply. He hadn't expected Judah to gouge him, but you never really knew. It wouldn't have been the first time that his company had been slapped with a rush fee.

"I'll be reaching out to you in two weeks to see how your meeting went, so let me know if there are issues with the shipment then. Should see a ramp up in a few days."

The Chiss's dark eyebrows momentarily rose as he stopped by the ValeCorp table before his expression settled into a mirthful smirk. "You'll get all the details. The business details." He wasn't the kiss-and-tell type, if such a thing was to even happen; that kind of bravado had been all over the medical corps, and while his comrades' tales of romantic conquests had been as entertaining as they were far-fetched, Tycho had never been one to share in them. Sometimes, it was nice, keeping some secrets.

"'Til then, good luck with the Conference, and tell Mrs. Datos I said hi. Oh... and let me know if you ever find that vacuum you were looking for," he teased.

thing_for_keys_1.png

Tags: Mrauw Mrauw

From what Chi knew about building, everything sounded pretty standard and was probably a very great way to build things and she appreciated the attention to safety and resistance to natural disasters. However what she had in mind was a bit more, extreme, architecturally and Mrauw seemed to be unwilling to part from his brutalist yet functional design.

"Thank you Mr. Mrauw, I'll contact you once I've obtained a plot that fits my vision and architectural plans for a quote." She finally added his card with the others in the holder opposite where her cards rest and gave him a warm smile. "Best of luck in your canvasing."

With that she was ready for the economic forum to be over. She'd tough it out for the rest of the weekend, but Chi had accomplished what she'd set out to do and her mind was already on the next thing. To that end she pulled a folding camp chair from under her table and settled in with a datapad connected back to the servers in the 'Boutique and began laying out ideas and having Ji-Ji research odds and ends for her.

Still, her booth would stay open for the rest of the weekend even if she didn't make another sale or connection.

Last edited:

The Galactic Economic Conference concluded in the next several days. The skies above Manaan began to clear from the influx of commercial flights and the ivory tower that rose from the depths of the serene ocean world faded from view of the last executives to depart for their home systems or their next business venture.

Thus concluded the Galactic Economic Conference of Manaan ...
END
For anyone who still wishes to interact in the thread feel free to post! There is plenty of time within 'several days'.

thing_for_keys_1.png

Equipment: PGEM-EA, Tinfoil Hat Band, Absorbelt
Weapons: The Klaive
Accessories: Force Warning Pendant on Keyring, Dasmi's Pendant, Coal Nail Polish, Transition Prescription Glasses
Augmentation: PGEM-SAP "Amber Eyes"
Interaction Tags: Castor Crane Castor Crane
z8Q4moJ.png

The device she kept on to alert her to force users began to rattle and burn beneath the jacket. Presenting her with a heat that surpassed anything she'd experienced thus far.

She didn't feel any strange effects until she realized a particular guest had arrived to the Conference. Her attention never truly drifting from the man before her as she watched him exam a weapon while her hands separated. Moving to remove her glasses as she pressed the small, beneath the skin button behind her left ear to activate her eye augmentations. She didn't want to be at a disadvantage if He were here on the floor.

Her glasses came down onto the table as he commented on the quality of her wares. The slow flicker of her Grey blue eyes changing to a glowing Amber color as she addressed him proper.

"I have heard of the Corporate Sector but nothing more than topical information. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to hear a bit more about them." Seconds seemed to stretch into eternity now that her mental acuity and information processing had been amplified.

The low murmurs about the Sith Lord being present and offering wares from across the bustling hall confirmed her suspicions and her wary nature. Even the presence of the Imperial's was noted in the conversation, but she gave no reaction to the information she gleaned.

fzJSulH.png

"The Galaxy will all be mine in the end.", he shrugged, though only with the single remaining shoulder left to the Corpse. "I have no intention of removing my workers from my domain, only to cede their control to those who would benefit more directly from them. There is no company in the galaxy that can compare with our production capacity, our worker guilds, or our design - to gain control of them, especially so early into the transition, would be extremely beneficial to any company willing to deal with the Sith.", he said, loud enough for others to hear - notably, Tilon Quill Tilon Quill Tilon Quill Tilon Quill - who could suddenly feel an oil slick on their skin, as though someone watched them with an unholy and terrible gaze.

He'd hoped the large and well-populated meeting room would offer at least a little cover, but then again, he'd always known he stood out. Easy to notice, Tilon Quill; said as much right there in his Jedi file. He wasn't much of a spy. He could, at least, endure the bizarre sensation and keep listening for the moment. What Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean was saying meant little to Tilon, but he imagined there'd be others who might find these insights or postures useful to know.

A slim win. A slim solace. Better to settle for that than draw Sith hostility to Manaan, of course, but leaving it at that - slinking away with a few tidbits overheard - sat poorly with Tilon. Just as poorly as knowing that this megastructure's damage was done and the protest would, in the end, accomplish little.

He'd have to live with it.

773Q1OQ.jpg

Manaan
Objective I: Wonders of Tomorrow

TurH2jA.png

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to hear a bit more about them."

Castor smiled.

We are a nation of enterprise, a family forged in bureaucracy, with the sole intent to provide stability to an otherwise turbulent region.

He move tactfully to a larger weapon, subconsciously using its heft to show the empire of commerce that he represented.

Behind all the fluff,” he explained further, “the Corporate Sector is a region of settled worlds chartered by our corporate members. We enjoy security in numbers and the benefit of exclusive internal trade deals that give us the upper hand over other conglomerates and trade unions.

He placed the firearm down, looking into her amber eyes with interest, the scarlet rings in his irises glowing intensely.

Our paramilitary forces could use an upgrade in gear. CorpSec is the backbone of the Sector, defending us from external enemies while keeping internal conflicts between corporations at a minimum. Perhaps PGEM could be a solution?

TurH2jA.png
Tags: Niki Priddy Niki Priddy
Proximity: Jonyna Si | Maëlys Amnen | Rulonom Laborr | Laphisto | Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi | Tycho Vale Tycho Vale | Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom