Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion [GA] Eshan's Summer Solstice

CZkMVgs.png

WmUQaeu.png

Tag(s):
OPEN

Z9U36lL.png

Ko was still coming to terms with what happened on Chaldea. Before he wanted to check up on his friends as soon as he could once he got back to the temple. But… Instead of reaching out to his peers, he didn’t. The young Kel Dor instead kept himself away from his friends. He thought the festival would be a good time to reconnect with his friends. However he still kept his distance even here on Echan.

He remembered having some interest in the planet and their people after a particular encounter with a young Echani woman. She even mentioned that to outsiders Echani all looked very similar to each other. Being here now he saw that to be true. Just about every woman here reminded him of Lily Decoria Lily Decoria . Then again most “near-human” gave Ko trouble when telling them apart. The Kel Dor wondered if she was here as well.

Currently the Padawan found himself at the rocky shore of the lake. Sitting down looking out into the water. He was made aware of a local belief that he didn’t think much of. Apparently the lights here could help him find someone he’d lost. Looking down Ko picked up a smooth flat stone between two of his clawed digits. Looking over the round rock he used The Force to levitate it above his hand and swirl it between his large fingers. Subtly connecting with the latent energy held within the stone.

Looking back over the lake the stone floating around his hand began to spin in place before getting telekinetically launched out towards the water. Once it made contact it gracefully skipped back up some. Quickly jumping along the lake’s surface for a decent distance before finally sinking into the water.

Nameplate:
CZkMVgs.png[
Picture:
WmUQaeu.png

Companion: pip
Tag: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad
Ryana was walking by the lake pip was walking beside her a bag full of grapes in his hands eating them one at a time. She could feel much sadness in the area that's when she noticed Minerva crying by herself in an alliance officers uniform walking up ryana sat beside the woman and pip crawled his way up to the other side of her and offered Minerva a grape a huge gesture on his part not that she expected Minerva to know that.

"I won't say I know what your going through because I probably won't but sometimes the best thing is a strangers ear and a fuzzy creature to hold" she said as pip stuck his little arms up to be held almost on que. She had felt great pain in her life she knew it all to well and Minerva had that look ryana wanted to help she wasn't a great Jedi healer or warrior but she knew how important listening was and Minerva needed that and companion ship "my name is ryana by the way and that little fuzzball is pip although we aren't strangers anymore I'll still listen and we can talk if you want" she said sitting there.

Shan wandered from place to place during the festival, taking in the sights, the sounds and the smells. Some of those sensations were better than others. But they were all enjoyable enough. Seeing the architecture around him, and how the Eshans had been rebuilding the planet, it made Shan realise that destruction that could be seen as scars or blemishes could also be turned into something beautiful. It could be motivational, like how it was helping to motivate Shan. It doesn't matter how much you get hurt, as long as you get back up again.

The Mirialan had made his own way to the planet, having not wanted to bother the Nobles during what was probably going to be a special time for them. He might have felt less lonely if he had travelled with them to the planet, but he was sure he'd probably be able to find someone to talk to during the festival. It wasn't like everyone seemed unfriendly, in fact everyone he had seen so far at the festival seemed quite outgoing. There did seem to be one or two people he found whilst walking around that seemed to have been partying too much and had fallen asleep, or at least that's what he thought. He'd just move them off to the side of the street, and make sure they were comfortable when they woke up, before moving around once again.

He once again walked around, looking for someone who seemed familiar to speak to. Eventually, he'd come across someone. Whilst he hadn't really spoken to her before, Shan had seen Katherine Holt Katherine Holt with their shared master in the past. He had never wanted to interrupt the pair of them whenever he had seen them however. He didn't want to ruin what could have been potentially a learning experience for his fellow Padawan. Though Kahlil wasn't around now, so it seemed like a good time to actually try to speak to her. "Hey! You! You're Master Noble's padawan as well, right?" He hoped he was right at least...Otherwise this was going to be incredibly awkward yelling out to a stranger who had no clue what he was going on about.

skin, bone, and arrogance
18jat7G.png

MjgzGMK.png

A ball with opportunity for diplomacy seemed like it would be tailor made for Natasi Fortan. Much of her life had been spent either in ballrooms or performing diplomacy, after all, and oftentimes both. But this was another foxhunt altogether. Not Grand Moff nor -- in this capacity -- Supreme Leader, she was not entitled to conduct direct negotiations with the Echani Queen as to their potential entrance into the Galactic Alliance. The Ministry of State would do the heavy lifting on this one, so what was her part?

Ornamental, she supposed. That rather soured her mood. Natasi was used to moving and doing and advancing. She was beginning to think that she was, perhaps, not made for collaborative deliberations.

She mounted the bridge to the Palace carefully, lifting the hem of her intricately-beaded grey shimmersilk evening gown so as to avoid tripping and causing an international incident. Natasi continued to brood as she strolled along, pausing partway there to gaze across the expansive landscape. In the distance, glowing lights floated heavenward in the duskfall. There was something vaguely bittersweet about the gesture. Her briefing materials had told her that these lanterns were thought to guide the spirit of loved ones back to their people in the earthly plane.

It had been a long time since Natasi Fortan felt sentimental, but something in the symbolism seized painfully around her chest. It would take more than a lantern to bring George back to her, if there was anything that could achieve it at all. She took a kerchief from her handbag and dabbed at her under-eye, then tucked it away again, adjusting her long gloves carefully. Enough now, she chided herself. Business to attend to. Maybe.

The Supreme Leader-cum-Senator straightened her back, lifted her chin, and a few moments later strode into the palace, looking for all observers like she was delighted to be there. It was certainly a grand structure -- and impressive, given the total devastation that had been wrought in this place not too far ago in the grand scheme of things. The Echani were a resilient people, it seemed. Natasi admired that. The brutal repression of colonized worlds she could have done without, but she tried to take a long view of history. It didn't seem like this Echani regime was involved in the practices of brutality, and if they were able to put things to one side, then who was the former Grand Moff of Sieger Ren's First Order to quibble with that?

Natasi took a glass of champagne from the tray of a waiter who paused to offer it to her, nodding her thanks. She lifted the glass, took a sip. Rather a nice vintage, she thought.

3sCzktS.png

Open!​

WmUQaeu.png

CZkMVgs.png[

Tag: Ryana mina Ryana mina

She cried no tears, her sorrow was more from shaking all over than anything else. It didn't make the pain any less real though. Only when she heard footsteps coming closer did she look up. A Lethen Twi'lek in a cloak with a raycon of all things. She raised both eyebrows at the latter, recalling his species back on Ukatis. The alien woman sat beside her and her pet then generously offered a grape.

With great hesitation she took the tiny fruit and ate it quickly.

"Thanks." She said before Rayna offered a willing ear and introduced herself and Pip.

The latter gestured to be held. Pausing for a moment she gently took the critter up onto her lap. Petting him softly as possible Minerva bitterly sighed. She hadn't exactly came here for company but now…

"Minerva." She said then fell silent for half a minute. Then the warrior asked.

"Would you still listen even though I'm a Mandalorian?"

Last edited:

wb1.png
TAGS:
Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru | Loomi Loomi K1[_ _] K1[_ _]
XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

alexboarder.png
".. Actually, is it okay if we go get another one of those charms? I.. Have someone I want to give one to."

Braze just thought perhaps Aliris really enjoyed the neat little charms. He reached into his coat and produced a pouch and offered it to her. It was filled with a tidy little sum or currency. " Yeah, no problem. They are pretty neat huh?" Braze asked seemingly enamored with them as was evident as he toyed with his and Loomi's briefly.

"I-I don't think I had a father," teaches me a bunch of stuff, and he's a man, I-I think. M-maybe that's what it's like?"
"Er, s-so what do you all wanna do?"

Braze considered what both girls said. " I think adoptive parents can be just as good if not better. I mean family is what you make of it at the end of the day the ones you care about most are what it's supposed to be about if you ask me. Parents are like... supposed to teach you what it's like to be a good adult I think... They are the ones who make sacrifices to ensure your well-being. If someone cares enough about my well-being to puts my needs first, how could I possibly not consider them family?" He shrugged.

" I think a close teacher counts if you care about them and they care about you. It's the love and selflessness they show that truly defines them as parents. " He offered to Loomi.

Braze pondered on the words of both Loomi and Aliris, contemplating the meaning of family and the role of parents in shaping one's life. With a thoughtful expression, he began to share his perspective.

Braze's gaze shifted to Loomi, his expression warm and understanding. "And teachers... well, they can definitely be like family too. If you have a close connection with a teacher, if they genuinely care about your well-being and you care about them, then they can play a significant role in your life. They guide and mentor us, and their influence can be just as impactful as that of parents."

Braze nodded sounding rather sure of himself "We can choose our family, in a way. It's the people we hold dear, who share our joys and sorrows, and who stand by us through thick and thin. That, to me, is what truly matters."

He frowned briefly feeling a small flash of bitterness however but it vanished almost as soon as it had appeared. " I think we should go and try to find some nice treats and maybe hunt down some lizards so we can try to make some wishes. Today seems just as good a day as any, "

Nameplate:
CZkMVgs.png[
Picture:
WmUQaeu.png
Tag: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Ryana sat there with Minerva it was awkward at first she knew a lethan twi'lek and a racyon where an odd pair. Especially on a planet like this she wasn't sure if Minerva wanted her help at first then Minerva gave ryana her name and ryana hid a smile. Pip sat there in Minerva's lap contently as he ate a grape getting petted gently he started purring slightly as he sat there.

"I don't care that your mandalorian as long as you don't mind talking to a Jedi" she said sitting there she thought about it "but in the end their both just words that people put value to and build a way of thinking around in the end we are all just people good or bad it's our actions that decide who we are not titles or creeds" she said honestly as she then looked back at Minerva as pip offered another grape to Minerva. Ryana smiled "I think you made a friend he only ever gives grapes to me normally" she said.

" I think a close teacher counts if you care about them and they care about you. It's the love and selflessness they show that truly defines them as parents. "

"I guess," Loomi shrugged. "I-I dunno, I'll figure it out eventually. I still don't really understand yet..."

Something caught her attention. Movement in the air around them that wasn't organic. It was mechanical. Loomi turned to see a droid in a rather dapper coat following them, but not aggressively. They were a friend, or at least Loomi assumed they were. The Godoan gave a meek wave before turning back to the conversation at hand as it shifted to...

Catching lizards?

"W-we could also explore the festival a little," she suggested with an awkward laugh. "A-amd I don't wanna hurt the lizard."

Renoux.png

CZkMVgs.png[

WmUQaeu.png

Attire: [X]
Tags: Open

Steps echoed softly as heels fell upon the cobblestone breaking the stillness of the night air upon the walking path that others had seemingly found their own way upon or from as the festival had begun. The woman was no stranger to Eshan or the Echani Species, having spent much of her time working alongside Srina Talon Srina Talon in the years that had fallen away into the past. The woman kept her hands tucked away into her pockets as she walked, her focus upon the memories that slowly crawled to the forefront of her mind. It had been many years ago that she had seen Eshan, though it was from the view screen of a Warship in orbit, in formation at the head of a small fleet. Eshan was the location of her first naval engagement with the Confederacy of Independent Systems when they had come to assist the planet against some now-forgotten Mandalorian Clan whose name had seemingly been struck from the record and memories of others. Even now, she could not remember what those Mandalorians had called themselves, though it mattered not, for they were not the ones that she had come to remember.

Stopping for a moment, she slowly rose her head towards the sky, golden-yellow hues falling upon the stars in the still, crisp night. A soft sigh slipped from her lips before she looked to her left, the noises of the festival pouring out from the palace that was hosting a ball. She had already decided that it was not for her; at least, not at that moment. The woman didn't necessarily want to be with people in such a large gathering, her mind still filled with the memories of old as she shifted her attention towards her right. Peering out towards the lake, she found herself following a small path away from the larger avenue off into what seemed to be a garden at the edge of the lake. It was here that she would place herself for the moment and permit time for those memories to come and go before attempting to fully integrate herself with the night's festivities.

Leaning forward towards the marble railing at the edge, she carefully placed her arms down, propping an arm upon her elbow as her chin came to rest in her hand. The woman stared across the lake, remembering back to the conflict all those years ago; remembering that once those Mandalorians had seemingly realized they could not claim victory, they had decided to crash a Star Destroyer into the planet. She was left wondering just how many lives had been lost that day, how many she had ordered to their dooms as she attempted to crash through the enemy formation and relieve the beleaguered planet. Another sigh slipped from her lips as she straightened herself up, hands brushing against the fabric of her coat to push away the wrinkles as she returned her attention to the lake. It hadn't been all that long ago when she had accepted that her purpose was to fight for those that could not fight for themselves, yet even thinking about those choices caused her to doubt.

If she was meant to keep fighting, then that was something that she would continue to do, and she had already found others that she would fight for on the opposite side of the Galaxy. In the Northern Sectors, she had come across House Renoux, and its leader, one Ulysses Renoux Ulysses Renoux , that sought to solidify some form of peace between his own house and that of the other regional powers. She had only wished that she had met Deyanira Draco Deyanira Draco under better circumstances for their first meeting rather than the funeral of Draco's late husband. It didn't help the matters of peace and diplomacy when a member of House Amnen, Darius Amnen Darius Amnen , had been killed in a freak accident during what was supposed to have been a tournament to bring the houses together. It seemed that some things never changed in the Galaxy, and conflict and death remained in her wake. It was for these hopes, these desires to see people having a momentary peace in their lives that she continued to fight.

Carefully the woman pulled out the small Sky Lantern that she had brought with her, placing it upon the marble railing before her as she took another look at the night sky. Closing her eyes, she went over their names, those that she could remember, and their faces - fewer still than the names. Each she kept, as best she could, so that she could remember what had been given and what had been taken in the name of stopping conflict and bringing peace to a galaxy in chaos. With their memories in mind, she went about the process of putting the lantern together until all that remained was to light the teacup candle that sat patiently upon the base. It wasn't much longer until the lantern took flight into the air and slowly drifted upon the currents of the wind away from the woman and towards the lake. The Echani believe that the light would reach a person lost and guide them back to the person that released the lantern; this, however, would not be the case. There was no guiding back those lost souls to the woman, all she could do was hope that the light would reach them, and show that there was still an individual that thought of them and their loss.

As she watched the lantern drift away into the night sky, her eyes remained fixated upon it, a tear slipping down her cheek as she thought of those that she had lost and those that had been taken all too soon from the Galaxy.

GADividerWhite.png

"Yeah." Aliris smiled briefly before taking up the cash to wander towards the stall. Bought herself another of the charms to match the very same she'd been given. And, with a smile, she turned and walked right up to the droid that had been following the trio this entire time with a faint smile. Always the guardian, even now.

"You don't have to hang back, you know. I'd like my first friend to meet my other friends too."

With that as her words she put the charm on his wrist, then turned to head back to Loomi and Braze, fully expecting K1 to follow.

".. Wait huh? What's this about harming lizards?"

Braze Braze | Loomi Loomi | K1[_ _] K1[_ _]

Kass and Oukranos were walking the paths by the lake. Or slithering, in Kass' case. It was shaping up to be a lovely night, yet there was a palpable tension in the air between the couple. They hadn't spoken a word to each other since starting their stroll.

"You know, it's a shame they don't make those pretty bracelets for people without wrists," Oukranos suddenly remarked, glancing toward his wife. "I would've bought one for you."

Kass snorted faintly. "Yes, it's a great travesty," she muttered sarcastically. "The Echani should be forced to make their culture-specific jewelry for species with wholly different anatomy from theirs."

"Would it really be too much to ask for a little accommodation?" he continued. "They get visitors from all over the galaxy every time they have a solstice festival. Surely there's a market for more universal souvenirs?" He tapped his chin. "I should write to the Queen of Eshan about this."

Kass smiled just a little. She knew he was trying to cheer her up. Her brooding over what happened in the marketplace was really quite pointless, and putting a damper on an otherwise pleasant evening. "Please, it's only a trinket," she said, wrapping a pseudopod around his arm. "It was that vendor who was just..." Rude didn't quite cover what the Echani saleswoman had done, and all because of those stupid bracelets. But she was willing to put it behind her. If only she could just stop thinking about it...

They had reached the crossroads. "Which do you want to see first, the lake or the gardens?" she asked, gesturing in either direction.

"Well, it looks like the lake is getting pretty crowded."

"...There's only four people over there."

"Like I said, crowded. Also, I think they're all crying. Let's check out the gardens first."

Wriggling her pseudopods in the Pylantian version of a shrug, Kass followed him among the plants and ivy-strewn walls, enjoying the heady scent of summer flowers in bloom. The palace loomed over them, full of flickering lights and the sound of music.

Oukranos started to veer toward one of the entrances, where guards stood at attention, watching their approach. "What are you doing?" Kass whispered in alarm. "We can't go in there!"

"Yes we can. The doors are open to the public."

"But why? I thought you wanted to get away from crowds. There must be a hundred people in this place!"

"Aren't you even a little bit curious?"

She was. More than a little bit, she was downright itching to catch a glimpse of how the royals lived. But she was also more than a little intimidated by the prospect of meeting foreign royalty in a casual encounter, rather than as part of an official delegation. "We're... We're not properly dressed," she blurted. It was the only other excuse she could come up with, a faltering resistance.

He paused, glanced down at his shorts and sandals, then waved his hand dismissively. "I just want to take a quick peek. That's all."

She climbed the steps after him. The guards looked at the pair as they passed, but didn't stop them.

wb1.png
Loomi Loomi Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru K1[_ _] K1[_ _]
alexboarder.png

"W-we could also explore the festival a little," she suggested with an awkward laugh. "A-amd I don't wanna hurt the lizard."
".. Wait huh? What's this about harming lizards?"
"What...? No, you aren't supposed to hurt them. Actually, you gotta be careful with catching them or else their tails pop off. " Braze stated. He briefly wondered if Loomi forgot their promise and huffed out a small sigh. "Just forget what I said about lizards. "

He frowned briefly wondering if perhaps the two ladies he was with were just overwhelmed by all the sights and sounds to see. He paused and quirked a brow as his attention was turned to the odd droid. He offered the odd mount a few more soothing pets.

"Friend?" Braze asked with a curious tilt of his head.

WmUQaeu.png

CZkMVgs.png[

Tag: Ryana mina Ryana mina

Of course a Jedi. The way the Twi'lek preached made it pretty obvious in retrospect. Minerva gave her a puzzled look about titles and creeds not deciding who they are. Her younger self would have laughed it off or spit in disgust depending on the mood. Being a Mandalorian means everything to her but as made clear by now not everyone who shares that title believes in the same things from each other.

So she didn't retort at those comments but pondered on them. When Pip offered another grape Minerva finally answered.

"Guess he is feeling generous tonight."

Taking the new grape she swallowed without chewing and nodded in gratitude to the critter.

"Years ago when starting out I didn't think much of your Order but I fought beside your lot long enough to realize that I would rather take my chances with you all rather than the Sith."

She spat to the side away from her companions at the mention of those dark side cultists. Minerva had nothing but contempt for them. They were a blight that should always be fought against. Yet she closed her eyes for a few seconds with resignation.

"I was raised as a warrior by my father and I don‘t regret it. He taught me honor and self-restraint were equally important as it is to be brave and intelligent. I was aware that the first two values are not shared among everyone who call themselves Mandalorians as evident by our history and a number of them even dismiss compassion, claiming it as weakness. Yet it was what happened recently at…Kashyyyk that opened my eyes. What those raiders did to the Wookiees…it was cruel and it was wrong.”

She looked out to the lake, still seeing the fires burning the Wookiee homeworld in her mind.

Last edited:
CZkMVgs.png

WmUQaeu.png

Objective: Reminisce
She had been thinking about that last conversation a lot as of late. The words from those long departed, that she had been craving to hear just one more time, continued to play in her head and linger in her heart.

"Even after everything, we still love you."

"What you did needed to be done."

Two lanterns sat on the bench next to her, doused at the moment but soon to join others in the sky. The Echani custom that the light would guide those you lose back to you couldn't help those on her mind, but she felt it only fitting to give them a tribute all the same. It would warm their souls she was sure, no... she was certain it would. She should have made two more lanterns, but she knew where the others missing from her life were and would give them their space for now.

It might seem odd for a Senator to be alone, no guards or aides nearby, but she given her daughter leave to explore the festival and the guards knew better than to disturb their mistress' time of reflection. It was peaceful, something that would be hard to find in the coming days and months ahead. The flickers of conflict were starting to blow into a flame, but for now, she merely wanted to enjoy the gardens and remember the family long gone now.

bwDBmbV.png

18jat7G.png
lily-div.png

Attire: Dress
Tag: Open | Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin | Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla

Hours before the solstice...

"Mother, I am fine. I can take care of myself and I am not going to represent the Decoria House poorly." Lily stated in a firm tone as her mother was muttering away about how tragic it was that her daughter has been gone for so long.

"Of course you will dear. You are beautiful and perfect in the dress. Just make sure no accidents happen again." Rose offered a warm smile, Lily however felt the burden of responsibility on her once more. Her mind fixating on the accident that had happened and the fact that it could happen again.

Except it shouldn't. Lily was attuned to the Force better than ever now.

Lily turned, defiant eyes looking to her mother, "I will be fine. This is why the Jedi are training me. I can control my abilities, so you can stop mentioning it." It was a bold move but one that Lily knew needed to happen and one she could tell her aunt would approve of if she was here. It was a shame that Aunty Kat couldn't make it but she was busy and Lily accepted that.

Now she just had to get herself ready to attend the palace like the other nobles.

Present...

Lily strode in, her hands clasped behind her as she wandered the grand hall of the palace, it was a bold and beautiful palace even after the repairs of the orbital bombardment. Looking around, she could see some of the Galactic Alliance making their appearance to the palace and likely wishing to speak with the Queen if given the chance. Lily stood as part of the Echani nobility and part of the Galactic Alliance through the New Jedi Order, so she felt confident in providing her perspective in helping the union of the two go smoothly as possible.

Her hair have jewellery made of silver and accented her beauty, her mother went all out in attempts to make Lily look as stunning as possible. Partly to clear her of responsibility for past deeds but also in a very clear attempt to assist Lily in finding a partner. A husband. It was something Lily was less keen on but she couldn't refuse the chance to dress like she was.

Especially for such an important event.

Last edited:
XoSTVuJ.png

bHga00H.png

Outfit: Suit
Tag: Open

Cedwyn had decided it would be good for him to visit Eshan during their Summer Solstice. He wasn't sure that he had ever been before today since his memories were only of the Jedi Temple but he needed to take a break from the restoration work he was doing there and focus on something, anything else. Wearing the formal suit felt a bit much but he knew it would do him some good to be out of the leather jacket and shirt. Demonstrate that there were layers and differences in how Cedwyn could appear.

The streets were hosting stalls selling charms and other trinkets. He thought that buying a charm for Alexandros Xanathos Alexandros Xanathos might be a solid idea since then the kid wouldn't have to worry where he was or if he was alive. It also meant that he didn't have to do the same for the kid, but then he felt that was probably a little overbearing and there would be better ways to approach that. Instead, he kept wandering, looking around. Smiling politely to the people, it was strange how similar the Echani male were to him, something he had never truly faced before but understood that it was the case. It was just something that he had to adjust to.

He couldn't be the only handsome guy in the galaxy.

As he looked around, he spotted the Jedi Master Valery Noble Valery Noble and was going to briefly wave and politely compliment her on her dress but then swiftly spotted a man he would hopefully be correct in guessing was her husband Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble . It was probably best that he let them continue to enjoy their night together undisturbed so he avoided calling Valery's attention and just moved around. Taking in the stalls and seeing what else would be on sale for the event. His mind lingering on the jobs he had left to do back at the temple and objectives he had with Alex.

Though he knew focusing on those while here was probably a bad idea.

bHga00H.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble <3

Valery definitely loved the ship he had recovered with Vera, and it wasn't about the money at all. They had gone out of their way to find something tied to her past, and the message that had been stored inside its memory banks...it could still make her emotional if she thought about it. Valery was quick to squeeze his hand, and let out a soft, happy kind of sigh.

The type that only existed when she felt truly relaxed and without worry. This was one of those nights, and she was going to make the most out of it with him. Tomorrow they'd have some time on Eshan too, but it was this night underneath the stars, surrounded by so many others, that felt the most special.

"I think I'll go with a bracelet too," Valery said as she placed her hand on her chest to gently hold the necklace he had made her not long after they got together. "This necklace can't be replaced either." She chuckled and walked passed several stands before she stopped. "Love charms, meant for partners," Valery smirked and took the mostly simplistic silver and gold bands with a small charm in the center. She tried the golden one, then offered the silver one to her husband.

"Feels warm," She stepped closer to him with a grin and looked him in the eyes. "How does it feel to you?"

K1's attention shifted, watching Aliris calmly as she strode right up to him. Had he been in the way? A nuisance? The droid had wanted to be out of the way, to allow Aliris her time with friends, out of sight but near enough to jump in if something happened.

He 'blinked', more precisely the light of his ocular sensors flickered briefly. He was silent for a moment, now staring down at the charm bracelet that was wrapped about his 'wrist', making soft sounds when he turned his arm, as it tumbled against the metal.

Then as quickly as she had arrived she disappeared, running back to her friends. A low mechanical whir escaped the droid, a curious hum as he glanced briefly back down to the charm.

Without much thought he followed behind the young female, right up to her friends. He stood there, gazing down at them from his imposing seven feet of cold metal frame.

"Greetings."
Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru Braze Braze Loomi Loomi

bwDBmbV.png

18jat7G.png
Engaging: Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin
Nearby: Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan Thal Mantis Thal Mantis Lily Decoria Lily Decoria Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla

Less than a week after securing his seat within the Alliance senate, and already they were making him work.

Granted, Balthus was not required to attend the gathering on Eshan, but mother had insisted. Insisted being a generous word for her withering gaze and iron snarl when he started to complain. Running an election campaign had been exhausting, and he was tired of paying lip service to both DireX and the common man. He deserved, at minimum a few weeks to lounge about his luxurious penthouse. Maybe a trip. Naboo was nice this time of year…

This assignment wasn't all bad; these Echani women were babes. Some of the men, too.

At the very least, Eshan hadn't been orbitally bombarded of all taste. Balthus was enjoying his third bacon-wrapped keela when one of his body guards, a heavily disguised Praetorian commando in the form of an enormously tall human in a well-fitted suit, gently nudged his elbow.

The freshman Senator rolled his eyes. Fine. Time to work the room. If not for the Alliance's sake, then for his own—it was good to build connections outside of Denon. On Eshan, there was no connection more powerful than the Queen.

Finishing off his hors d'oeuvres, Balthus flicked the crumbs from his fingers while scanning the crowd. He wasn't the only Alliance personnel here; there was at least one other Senator, Natasi Fortan. She was about as new to the Alliance as he was, but with a impressive civic career and years of experience behind her. And ahead of her, if her rumors of her political acumen were anything to go by. At the same time, he'd also heard rumblings of dissent from other Senators—something about her previous engagements on the other side of the galaxy. That was too far away for Balthus to care.

His eyes landed on the Queen, and the Dirtbag of Denon meandered his way through the swell of the crowd. Sliding up to Noelle's side, he offered her amiable smile and a vague bow of his head.

"Your Majesty," Balthus took a sip from his cocktail and straightened his lapel with one hand. "Love what you've done with the place."

The Senator gestured widely to the palace floor, perhaps calling attention lack of truly opulent furnishings.

"Balthus Larr, of Larr Shipping and Transport. Senator of Denon."

His smile widened a notch into a cocky grin.

"The Alliance welcomes your and your people into the fold. Quite the generous lot, aren't they?"

The more worlds the Alliance absorbed, the less attention they would pay to Denon. That was a good thing; Balthus liked things how they were, with his people on top.

THE PALACE, ESHAN, SIX SISTERS, INNER RIM
A diplomatic ball in a jaded monarchy, amongst fascists, corporatists, and zealots, that's what this job truly is. When our coalition assumed power on Korbin, I never thought that the transition would be this seamless. I've always known that the Senatorial job was mine to hold, and how the nature of galactic politics is. I have always been the most capable to carry such a job, diplomacy, negotiation, and intimidation, yet I was always worried that the vast scale of the Galactic Alliance space would be almost impossible to navigate. Instead, here I am, navigating my way through the sea of people I swore to demolish. Sure, my clothes aren't as fancy, my words aren't as elegant, and my outlook isn't as decadent, yet I am still one of them, and it scares me how quick I got comfortable in such a position.

Eshan could very well be the prime example of the out of touch wanton regime that spans across the galaxy. Extravagant display of wealth, style over substance mentality, and a brainwashed citizenry. I can spot a tyrannical regime when I see one, even when the people are not aware of their own oppression. No one can deny however, that it is all so beautiful. Sometimes the eyes deceive the eerie truth, that beyond the beauty displayed is a depravity perpetuated by a system that awards degeneracy. It is in our nature to venerate the grand display of beauty and take for granted the little things among us that actually matter.

Speaking of, the exquisite Senator of the Renascent Republic, also known as the former Supreme Leader of the Renascent Republic, Natasi Fortan. Up to this moment, I haven't managed to crack what is her stake and long-game in this whole affair. Her realm joined the Galactic Alliance shortly before I was appointed as the Senator of Korbin, and my incompetent predecessor failed to fill me in with the necessary information, on her and the Renascent Republic, as well as most other systems in the GA. Such is a revolution, you have to rebuild everything from scratch. The important thing is, she is one of the masterminds behind this coming committee for the refugee crisis, one of my top priorities. I'll have to ram my way in, by any means necessary.

"Lady Senator, looking magnificent tonight."

I greeted the Senator with a sly smile after snatching a glass of champagne from one of the servers. Not an image I could have pictured myself as even a year ago, but this is how the Senators mingle. You wear their mane without fully devolving to them, that's how you succeed in this grand ball of mayhem. Only at this point I realized that my advisor, Xetha, is still walking by me. She'll have to manage spending time by herself this evening, hopefully acquiring some valuable information, as I'll be swamped with crowds of pompous and pretentious 'thought leaders'.

"Would you mind giving me and the Senator some space, dear?"

I sent away my advisor, before shifting my 95% focus on the Senator in front of me, while the other 5% is keeping an alert on other possible targets to pounce on. So far, the only other interesting figures I could spot are the Queen, who's talking to the Senator of Denon, we'll work towards that, a young Echani noble, I'll keep an eye on her, and… that. Whatever that is. The galaxy is such a bizarre place.​

GADividerWhite.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom