Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction First Steps | Dawn of Hope

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Leader of the Dawn of Hope
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
COd9aYW.png
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Brynja coat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Tag: Open
RDosWvD.png

There are issues where political view or factional affiliation doesn’t matter. Among other things, such is the case when the enemy is common. At the moment, it is the Bryn’adûl who threaten the entire galactic civilization. An enemy against which there should be no different sides. Where everyone should come together and forget about the war with each other for at least a few months or years until the common threat ceases.

Now we can’t afford the luxury of fighting each other. Not in these dark and fraught with danger hours. Now, not as the ruler of a state, I am sending you a message, only as a private individual who is worried about the future of the Galaxy. I have found deaf ears among the leaders of the Empires and States for now, but I hope I can count on you and others I do not yet know. I hope we will be able to come together for a nobler and more expedient goal.

Ingrid L’lerim​

RDosWvD.png

Denon; the place of the first meeting was held on a neutral planet that was relatively easily accessible to everyone. A secure penthouse was rented for this purpose, in one of the wealthy neighbourhoods, where security services were also very discreet. They don’t talk about who’s here if you pay enough. And Ingrid paid a lot for not being bothered by anyone.

Ingrid was the first to arrive at the place, as she was who invited the others here. The place was the top floor of a tower building, with countless suites and a huge meeting room with a round table inside; this meeting room was the central venue for what is happening now.

Ingrid arrived here with high hopes, hoping that as many of the invitees as possible would come and join this action. Perhaps with this initiative, it is possible to reach as many high ranking people as possible with the voice of togetherness and eventually create something that has never happened before in the Galaxy. A large-scale plan and probably naive as well.

The red-haired woman hoped more of her allies would come today, and she was counting on those she didn’t know yet. Once it seemed like everyone had arrived and was here, she got up from her seat and started to speak.

"Thank you all for coming today. I hope we can create an alliance where participants can go beyond who serves which faction. Here only the Galaxy matters, nothing else. Ladies and gentlemen, it is time to make our first steps against the Bryn’adûl."

RDosWvD.png

Kasia Celestyne | Hans Rennagen Hans Rennagen | Laertia Io Laertia Io | Jax Thio Jax Thio | Julius Haskler Julius Haskler | Osenia Ee'everwest | Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Cara Dorniarn Cara Dorniarn | Arctus Silmar Arctus Silmar | Cameron Crownwraithe Cameron Crownwraithe | Bastian smith | Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a

Z5LAySl.png

Last edited:

The first thing Tovald noticed when he arrived was the size of the building, of all the places he has ever been, this is the biggest, so big in fact that he ended up going around in circles including a few wrong floors before reaching where he is now. He slipped in through the doors quietly careful not to knock anything over or draw unwanted attention. The room was full of people, usually, he would just walk back out or stand a little out of the way. Not this time he wanted to be here.

Tovald looked mildly confused for a minute, what is/was the Bryn’adûl exactly, he has heard of them in fleeting eavesdropped conversations, but not really knowing exactly what they are in full. Tovald knew that they were a very big thing, that was certain, now he wanted to ask Ingrid that question but wondered if he would wind up being seen as being rather foolish.

Rather get it out in the open than wait, he supposed, ignoring his inner voice's pessimistic caution.

<"This going to sound like a really silly question but what are the Bryn’adûl. exactly?"> He asked her after a moment of trying to make the question sound somewhat less oblivious.

Last edited:
Denon.

It was the closest thing Beltran had to a home. He'd arrived on this world years ago, a former assassin on the run. Now he owned one of the largest corporations on the world. If he had a seat of power, Denon would have been it.

The call had come from Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim and Beltran had answered. The recent battles at Sev Tok and Nar Kreeta had finally begun to see the true mobilization of the galaxy's forces against the Bryn'adul threat.

I am only sorry we did not realize the full scale of this threat until recently."

Beltran was reminded of the words of Master Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield prior to the engagement at Nar Kreeta. You did not realize it because you did not want to realize it. He had thought at the time. He hadn't uttered those words, however, but he'd thought them. Following the battle, Beltran had started to see some things change.

The Silver Assembly had convened. Grandmaster Kiara Ayres had begun to solidify relations with the Confederacy of Independent Systems and Beltran had been asked by name to be the Antarian Rangers' representative to that body. Beltran recognized the honor in being asked, but also the grave responsibility that it implied. As he saw it, his job was not simply to represent the military force, it was to keep the Silver Council focused on the real threats at hand.

And should that focus wain despite his efforts, then it would be up to him to fight the threat of the Bryn'adul himself. But, he knew that he could not hope to make an impact alone so here he was, answering Ingrid's invitation and following up on their conversation some months earlier on Coruscant.

"Thank you all for coming today. I hope we can create an alliance where participants can go beyond who serves which faction. Here only the Galaxy matters, nothing else. Ladies and gentlemen, it is time to make our first steps against the Bryn’adûl."

Beltran nodded and spoke. "Thank you for bringing us together. For those of you who do not know, I am Colonel Beltran Rarr of the Antarian Rangers. I have met the Bryn'adul on the field of battle four times now. I have personally fought their leader, Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus , twice in hand to hand combat. I know as well as any the threat that the Bryn'adul pose. Our resolve to fight back must go further than our previous animosities and histories. All life in this galaxy is truly under threat."

Bastian smith

B
Voice sample

To say Bastian was surprised someone of Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim position or anyone took interest in him. Was a surprise let alone asking for his help fighting anything let alone Bryn'adul atleast he had run ins with them and killed them. He figured he should atleast show up and see what she is about so Bastian had walked through denon.

Which to him was just another planet ruled by a government that would Fall same as any other government and another would rise Bastian had seen it a hundred times. Hell he helped one or two fall in his time and Ingrid was looking for him to add another to his belt as long as he was fed and had something to drink he didn't care. The eight foot tall nearly 500 pound heavily muscled echani walked up to the building "better be a turbolift" he growled walking in.

Stepping into the turbolift Bastian pulled a bottle of rum out of his coat and took a swig putting it back. He stepped out of the elevator and walked Into the scarcely packed room seeing Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a he smiled as he sat down at the opposite end of their host.

And listened to Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr and his long winded speech. As he finished Bastian chimed in "let me tell you something boy as your still young. The galaxy is always underthreat either by the yuuzhang von or the sith or some idiot with a superweapon who doesn't get that blowing up planets is the stupidest thing ever" he said looking at him not caring if he tore his speech apart. He had over 900 years of experience to learn this and of course Beltran would fire back "the Bryn'adul won't win not because of speeches or boasting because at the end of the day humanity wants to live more than they want to rule the galaxy they will come around I've seen it a dozen times in my long life" he said looking at him.

Kasia Celestyne

K
://DENON

Kasia arrived later than she would have liked. She hadn't been to Denon before, and after time spent on desert planets and battlefields, the nearly urbane appearance of the city she found herself in had her off balance. She wore an elegant suit, only lightly armored, and bore her blade in an elegant holder at her belt. It was far more conspicuous than a lightsaber was, but it would be a cold day on Jakku before she was willingly parted with it.

When she entered, there were others there. Rather than flaunt her presence, as others would, she focused on shielding her presence. She was not here to make war, but to gain allies. She knew coming here that she would meet people who she would have otherwise dispatched. The Bryn had made enemies indiscriminately. She had decided, however, that helping to defeat one smear of darkness on the galaxy could gain her allies for her fights against other smears of darkness on the galaxy.

That was the hope, at least.

When she neared the group, she offered a sincere smile and a bow of her head, meeting the eyes of any who looked at her. There was another, Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr , speaking, so she did not interrupt. She cocked a hip slightly, while she waited, and rested her arm on the hilt of her blade. Aside from peace tying it, there were few more obvious signs that a warrior was not looking for battle than to lock their weapon down in such a way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denon lies near the center of the galaxy, and was as of yet designated as neutral territory, safely tucked in between Concord, Alliance, and Confederation space. A good place to stage such a clandestine meeting bringing together a cast very different from each other. In truth, Thurion had no idea who would be attending save for the Lady Ingrid herself, as the two had met and held similar discussions previously.

Clad not in armour, but in common leathers and with a dark fur draped around his shoulders, the High King of Midvinter entered the room alongside the others, wary of who else might turn up. As this gathering promised to draw folks from every corner of the known galaxy, chances were some could be old enemies.

Having taken a seat, Thurion eyed the others while carefully placing his lightsaber hilt upon the table. It was the custom among his people that during gatherings between strangers, one was to disarm themself and place their weapon upon the table for all to see as a sign of trust.

He was surprised to see none other than Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr present, having met the good colonel at the Battle of Nar Kreeta, when the fight was for the first time taken to the Bryn'adûl. He only knew him as a career soldier, but to see him take such a prominent role had not been expected. It appeared there was more to this man than meets the eye. At least there was one more familiar face attending.

"Lady Empress," he rose and bowed his head to the leader of this conclave first, as seemed appropriate. "My fellow dignitaries. Together we represent the Free Peoples of this galaxy we call home. The situation has grown far more dire than anyone could have feared when those intial reports mentioning a new power rising in the east. Dozens of worlds have been lost, entire populations wiped out and countless cultures annihilated. The Silver Jedi have fought a bitter war against them from the very start, left to stand alone against their relentless rampage while many other superpowers watched idly from the sidelines. Only now, as their own worlds are being threatened, do they join the fight when this rising threat could have been dealt with long ago."

"I have been a Jedi all my life, devoted to the Force. All my life I've fought Sith and other dark beings. But none of that matters now. Light or dark, our very existence is at stake. There may not even be a Force if the Bryn had their way. They will not stop until they've laid waste to every world, everywhere."

Turning to the Lady Ingrid, he spoke with the authority befitting his station, hand on his heart.

"Midvinter is already in this fight, Your Highness. We may be just a small world on the edge of known space, cut off with no immediate allies, but we will fight for this galaxy, and our right to exist within it."

Last edited:
The NCSN Paragon dropped out of hyperspace and took orbit above Denon.

Hanaya had heard about the conference late and had immediately left the neutral planet Codru Secundus to attend. She initiated a beamed communication hoping someone from the gathered dignitaries would respond.

"I am Hanaya Enzar, ruler of Codru Secundus and speaker for the displaced peoples of Munto Codru. Our planet has been ravaged by the Bryn and we would like to offer our support to this cause. We are a small world, but an advanced people with a powerful fleet. We make no moral judgement whether you are jedi, sith or other factions. I request permission to attend in person and will land my shuttle at a location of your choosing."

She closed communications and waited. She was an accomplished diplomat but this was her first experience into major galactic politics, she only hoped her father's teachings would serve her well.

Last edited:
Wearing: Purified Naath Cowling

Armed with: SynthBreaker

Cold Snap (Double Bladed Lightsaber, Exar Kun Length)

With: The Battalion (Cult of The Brain Demon)

The Black Knight walked Denon, not lost, but alone.

It was difficult to think back on how all this started, and all because everyone refused to see what she saw. Refused to see the need of setting aside bitter differences to fight vicious, psychotic threats.

Her decision to oppose the Order at Dantooine had effectively ruined her life in so many ways. She had dragged Syd down with her just as she feared doing, and made enemies she had never wanted to make. It was to the point where the only people who even came close to being friends were those she once would have struck down without hesitating.

Darth Xiphos was in different attire than normal. Tons of people wanted her dead. She had no choice but to travel in disguise under a shimmering bronze cloak. Dressed in only an Armor weave black flight suit underneath.

Xiphos was headed up to the meeting spot when she felt a familiar, extremely powerful Dark Side presence up ahead. Not The Amalgam. The Amalgam was even more powerful.

That said, The Battalion was no pushover.

Xiphos came to a halt as she found The pale, gorgeous Witch with long, curly brown hair in a white Catsuit waiting on a nearby bench.

"Going my way?" The Battalion asked with a smirk.

"Your presence was not requested..." Xiphos replied coldly.

"But it's here nonetheless." The Battalion replied casually. "Still seeking your ray of hope?"

"What's it to you if I am?" Xiphos asked.

"Well, what if it's a trap? Have you even considered that possibility? Yet you came here alone? C'mon, you need a bit of back up. We work well together. Ziost, Serenno, Vjun--"

Before Xiphos could offer protest, The Battalion stood up, slinking towards her.

"Besides, not like that hot little number Syd is around. Whatever happened to her by the way?"

"My problem." Xiphos answered.

"Well, you can't put a price on caution."

"If you're going with me, then I'm doing the talking once we arrive..." Xiphos said, resuming her brisk pace, The Battalion's brisk walk matching hers.

"I love it when you're so authoritative. Gets a girl's kyber bleeding."

Xiphos stopped in the middle of the street, turning back and facing a troll grin from the Witch.

"That came out wrong, didn't it?" The Battalion asked.

"Holy chit yes." Xiphos replied.

The Battalion merely smiled. "The point still stands." She replied smoothly, slinking up to her.

"Syd Celsius doesn't deserve you. I honestly feel bad for you, the way most of your friends flaked out on you when the going got tough and the peer pressure got to be too much. No courage. No real sense of individualism. Just blind moral mouthings. I don't think even The Amalgam truly appreciates what you're going through."

Xiphos was silent as The Battalion circled her.

"Nearly every one you care about has turned out to be a Sunshine Soldier. A Summertime Patriot." The Witch asserted. "None of them have the will it takes to truly secure a Galaxy. Not like you. They, just like the Jedi Order, have to be dragged kicking and screaming towards the right thing."

"Flattery will get you nowhere." Xiphos snapped defensively.

Xiphos was caught off guard by the touch of The Battalion's hand on her shoulder from behind as The Battalion leaned into her ear.

"It's not flattery if it's the truth." The Battalion whispered.

"Are you here on Amy's orders?" Xiphos asked.

"I do have a few dozen minds of my own, Laertia..." The Battalion chuckled. "No, I arrived on my own initiative. Because I like you. No one's ever quite revved my Hyperdrive like you do, Frosty."

Xiphos blinked.

"Did you just call me 'Frosty'?" Xiphos asked.

The Battalion nodded.

Xiphos paused, then burst out into laughter. She broke down right there on the street, rolling on the ground, laughing. She hadn't laughed like that in months. It was strangely cathartic.

The Battalion watched in fascination and growing, boiling lust as one of the most dangerous people in the Galaxy lost all composure, laughing almost insanely as she rolled on the ground, tears falling from her eyes at being called "Frosty".

The Battalion shrugged. "Speech Check passed, I guess."

Xiphos eventually pulled herself from the ground, still chuckling.

"Ok...follow me..." Xiphos said, suddenly not thinking about killing all The Brain Demon Cult.

The Battalion smiled, and kept a brisk pace with a still chuckling Xiphos.

Ten minutes later...

("Arrival" by Brad Fiedel Plays)

Xiphos headed into the meeting chamber, surprised at some of the faces present, not surprised at some of the others. The Battalion was close behind.

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim was head of the Conclave, unsurprisingly. Only she would have the gumption for this. Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield was also present, and had placed his weapons on the table. Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr was also present, both saying their formalities. Xiphos placed her weapon on the table, lowering her hood. Her tombstone pale beauty had manifested again, hair as black as nightfall, marred by scars on her face, her cybernetic gray eye having a glint of gold at the center. Her Organic eye was a mutated Bronze with a Dark Green iris, the gaze of a Light Sith.

"Thank you for the invitation, Empress...hope you don't mind,but I have a plus one to this meeting."

The Battalion wiggled her fingers in greeting to the Empress.

Xiphos did indeed have a Light Side signature, but because she twisted the Light, rather than use it naturally, it would feel seriously off to any normal Light Adept.

"I am not one for lengthy speeches, so I will keep this short. It is an immense tragedy so many died. And it's almost as great a tragedy we must hold this meeting in such clandestine fashion. The Major Factions struggle to kill each other while The Bryn'adul move virtually unchecked. I'm willing to share with all of you what I have learned. It's up to you, how you use it." Xiphos said before sitting down.

Hanaya Enzar Hanaya Enzar

Kasia Celestyne

Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a

Bastian smith

Heath Valhoun sat at the end of the table, the head of the table, listening and observing each member of this new alliance to combat The Bryn'adul. The Elysium Empire was overextended, skirmishing wuth The CIS, The First Order, and recently The Sith Empire and Brotherhood of The Maw. However at Sev Tok, Heath had kept his word to his people, finally sending a small force to combat The Bryn'adul. While he had planned to capture some Drael for study, the task had been unsuccessful. However, The Elysium Empire's appearance showed that they were in the fight at last.

Now Heath sat among leaders and influencial figures of various factions and alliances, all here to discuss a way to stop The Bryn'adul once and for all. Among this group there were many individuals Heath knew, and many he didn't. He recognized King Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield just by name given the man was a fellow monarch. He also recognized Laertia Io Laertia Io and Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr from the battle. The rest he did not, or at least didn't think he knew.

The people took turns introducing themselves, and finally it was Heath's turn. He wasn't sure what each person thought of him, though anyone affiliated with nations at war with The Elysium Empire likely knew who he was, and had a negative opinion of him. That did not matter. He was here as an ally, whether they wanted him there or not. Those that did not know him would soon learn.

Heath straightened up, his iconic Blue trench coat evening out. Clearing his throat, Heath came up with the words he needed.

"I am Heath Valhoun, King of The Elysium Empire. I am here for the same reason as you all are: To stop The Bryn'adul. My Empire is one of mainly three groups: Imperial Descendants.." he wouldn't explain, it was irrelevant and a long story, "....Followers of my ideology that willingly left their homes to join me, and finally, the largest group, Refugees. Some hail from Csilla, others from The New Imperial Order and The Sith Empire, and some from other conflicts. However the largest percent of refugees are those that were forced to run from The Bryn'adul. I serve my people. They deserve vengeance, and nobody deserves to share the fate that those refugees have suffered.

The Elysium Empire can offer guerilla warfare training, Bryn-Killer Droids, and Financial support where it is needed. Thank you."

He sat down once more, having said all that needed saying.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Leader of the Dawn of Hope
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
COd9aYW.png
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Brynja coat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Tags: Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a | Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr | Bastian smith | Kasia Celestyne | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Hanaya Enzar Hanaya Enzar | Laertia Io Laertia Io | Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun | Open
RDosWvD.png

Many came, simple soldiers, rulers, and individuals who wanted to take action against the threat of Bryn’adûl. That's all that mattered in this situation. Many were those with whom they should have been enemies, but they earned respect for each other on the battlefield and became allied. When they realise that they have a common position, there may be contradictions between their nations, but they are not between individuals.

Ingrid almost died in the last minutes of her captivity, she was still infinitely weak, but she was here. This was more important than her own health. First she looked at Beltran as she also placed her two lightsabers on the table. Her most precious treasures, the soulshard of the late Adrian Vandiir, gave the weapons crystals. So the man was always with him, even from beyond the grave.

"Thank you for coming, Colonel! It's always nice to see you! Especially if this happens far from the battlefield. I promised this on Coruscant that if I survived, I would take the right steps. So you don't have to trust this work to Lord Tubrok Ragal Tubrok Ragal anymore. You can now count on my personal support, Colonel!"

The strange-looking armoured man also spoke, asking what Bryn’adûl was. At this place, at this meeting, it was all very unexpected and surprising. For they were here because of them. She was about to answer when Smith spoke. She had not reacted to it yet, and in the meantime a young woman had arrived.

"I fought them twice, once at Ankhypt, once at Firrerreo, where the Eternal Empire was attacked. I also personally fought with their leader, Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus . The war against them is different from traditional wars."

He was followed by another high ranking person, whom Ingrid was very pleased with. It was a pleasure to see the High King still standing by their side. Especially because Valkyri blood also flowed in the woman's veins, or it did when she was a human. When the man arrived, she stood up and greeted the other ruler with a slight bow.

"Your Grace! Thank you for coming, your presence here means a lot to me." she said honestly.

She was also very pleased that the man was thinking the same way about it as she was. She saw the new maps, the Bryn’adûl was really already on the border of Midwinter. And they couldn't let that happen.

"They won't get Midwinter, High King. If necessary, I will personally help protect your and my ancestors' home. Midwinter should never fall into the hands of Bryn’adûl. Never, I promise you this, Lord Heavenshield!"

At that time, even a communication message arrived, which was surprising because the invitation was for exactly this place, there was no need to speak in advance.

"Lady Hanaya Enzar Hanaya Enzar , permission given, coordinates sent."

This was followed by two more acquaintances she had already met. In fact, it was thanks to them that is, this meeting, this group formed today. Because of the first meeting, the woman set out on this path. She nodded to them after their words, then looked at Lord Valhoun.

"Lord Valhoun, this is not revenge. We see every day what the revenge is causing during the Civil War. What we are doing here is our duty to the people of the Galaxy. Don't let revenge consume you or your people, because revenge never brings reassurance."

She then said her words to everyone.

"For those who don’t know me yet, I’m Ingrid L’lerim, the leader of the Eternal Empire. But here the factions don’t matter, we’re all people who want the same thing. There is someone here who does not know what Bryn’adûl is, an alien species who have already wiped out hundreds and thousands of worlds, terraforming every world that only they can live on. They have not spread anyone, they have killed more than 48 billion souls already. They are a plague, a scourge in the eastern region of the galaxy, but they have already attacked the Unknown Regions as well. By creating this group, my goal was to work together independently of factions. And today is the time to figure out where, how, and how we want to do this first, and where, how to help others."

Z5LAySl.png

<"Aheh, thanks for the clarification."> Tovald says quietly, not exactly wanting to reveal that he was the one who asked the question.

He had taken a seat, he feels stupid, of course, why would he be here if he didn't know what the Bryn were, well now that he knew what they were facing, he didn't enjoy the thoughts or the mental images of having a whole race of genocidal maniacs overrunning UbaIV and making it any more of a wasteland than it was already and killing his loved ones in the process.

He is absolutely going to help stop them.

Thankfully he wasn't pointed out for that because he didn't want that kind of negative attention, besides he wasn't usually that stupid. As his question had been answered and he wasn't inclined to ask another he took a quick look around at the rest of the people gathered, they look very important, military folk and such.

Of all those gathered, he only recognised Bastian from Nal Hutta, that was quite a first meeting, one he was able to walk away from without anything being broken. He used his head and common sense. Pity, his brother wasn't around when brains were being handed out.

That Bounty had a very little payout, but at least he used the credits to fix that rattling noise coming from The Cyclone at least. It was a 'something is going to break spectacularly' noise that could not be ignored.

Last edited:

Bastian smith

B
Voice sample
Bastian sat there listening to everyone else talk he knew the Bryn'adul where a threat he didn't realize they had taken control of so much of the galaxy. He look back At Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr "I'm sorry for what I said" he said looking at him as he continued thinking he then stood all 8 feet of himself up "I don't have ships or droids or money to help but I bring over 900 years of fighting experience. Figure out where this Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus will strike next and I will go toe to toe with him ill atleast cripple him" he said honestly sitting back down he didnt mention his sangnir powers for a reason but he knew he could do some damage to their leader and to their leadership. That's why he figured she contacted him but he wouldn't claim to know another person's reasons for anything. Thinking about how to deal with this threat.

"Thank you for coming, Colonel! It's always nice to see you! Especially if this happens far from the battlefield. I promised this on Coruscant that if I survived, I would take the right steps. So you don't have to trust this work to Lord Tubrok Ragal Tubrok Ragal Tubrok Ragal Tubrok Ragal anymore. You can now count on my personal support, Colonel!"

Beltran nodded in agreement. In truth he was somewhat relieved that Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim had been released. At least, that's what he assumed had happened. Had she been executed as she had believed, Beltran would have approached Tubrok Ragal Tubrok Ragal as she had suggested. But now that she stood in front of him, he was somewhat glad he didn't have to. Ingrid was a known quantity to Beltran, Lord Ragal wasn't. She had proven herself an honorable enemy on Voss and Korriban. She could have killed him on the latter world, but chose instead to talk. To build a bridge where he had only been interested in violence.

"I'm glad to hear it," He replied honestly. "Our victory on Sev Tok was a costly one, and one that will not keep the Bryn'adul idle for long."

"Lady Empress, my fellow dignitaries. Together we represent the Free Peoples of this galaxy we call home. The situation has grown far more dire than anyone could have feared when those intial reports mentioning a new power rising in the east. Dozens of worlds have been lost, entire populations wiped out and countless cultures annihilated. The Silver Jedi have fought a bitter war against them from the very start, left to stand alone against their relentless rampage while many other superpowers watched idly from the sidelines. Only now, as their own worlds are being threatened, do they join the fight when this rising threat could have been dealt with long ago."

Beltran's gratitude grew as he realized that King Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield had arrived. The Jedi Master and former Grandmaster of the Silver Order had fought alongside Beltran on Nar Kreeta. He had seen personally the power the man could wield, and he had also witnessed his command skill and battle savvy. A powerful Jedi, but an even better commander. His warriors from Midvinter had acquitted themselves well and Beltran hoped that they would draw Bryn'adul blood once more together as brothers in arms.

Following his address, Beltran listened to another familiar voice. That of his former mentor Laertia Io Laertia Io , now called Darth Xiphos. Others might see her removal from the Silver Order as a cause for sadness or even ire, but Beltran understood her choices. He too had begun to dabble in the dark arts, using them to grow his own burgeoning power and making himself a real threat to the enemy.

"I am not one for lengthy speeches, so I will keep this short. It is an immense tragedy so many died. And it's almost as great a tragedy we must hold this meeting in such clandestine fashion. The Major Factions struggle to kill each other while The Bryn'adul move virtually unchecked. I'm willing to share with all of you what I have learned. It's up to you, how you use it."

Beltran nodded. "I would be most interested to listen, Master Io." They needed any advantage they could get when it came to the Bryn'adul, no matter the source.

He quieted as Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun spoke. He knew little of the Elysium Empire but welcomed any aid they could provide. Following that, Beltran returned his attention back to Ingrid as she continued.

"For those who don’t know me yet, I’m Ingrid L’lerim, the leader of the Eternal Empire. But here the factions don’t matter, we’re all people who want the same thing. There is someone here who does not know what Bryn’adûl is, an alien species who have already wiped out hundreds and thousands of worlds, terraforming every world that only they can live on. They have not spread anyone, they have killed more than 48 billion souls already. They are a plague, a scourge in the eastern region of the galaxy, but they have already attacked the Unknown Regions as well. By creating this group, my goal was to work together independently of factions. And today is the time to figure out where, how, and how we want to do this first, and where, how to help others."

It seemed odd to Beltran that it was possible that someone hadn't heard of the Bryn'adul, but the galaxy was a big place. On the other side of the Silver Sphere and Galactic Alliance, the same old wars between Sith and others played out as if nothing had changed. That was a large part of the reason for this meeting, in fact. The Silver Jedi couldn't contain the threat themselves. They needed help and they needed warriors and commanders that would do what needed to be done.

Beltran's attention wavered when the massive giant Bastian smith spoke to him.

"I'm sorry for what I said"

The pirate's earlier words hadn't bothered Beltran overmuch. They were the same that were being touted by the rest of the galaxy who wasn't under Bryn'adul assault. What's the big deal? Isn't there always something trying to kill us? It was convenient logic, but faulty and potentially fatal. Still, the man surprised him by realizing his own error quickly and altering his view.

Perhaps that was the maturity that came with 900 years of life.

"Think nothing of it," Beltran said nodded to the man in respect.

"I don't have ships or droids or money to help but I bring over 900 years of fighting experience. Figure out where this Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus will strike next and I will go toe to toe with him ill at least cripple him."

Beltran believed what Bastian smith said, or at least that he believed it. Still a being of his power and age would be a powerful ally regardless of whether he could go toe-to-toe with the Bryn'adul Tyrant. With one more nod, he simply said. "Win, lose or draw. You'll get your chance."

They all would.

Once Ingrid was finished, Beltran spoke up once more. "Most of you who know me, know me as an Antarian Ranger. What you do not know is that I also control one of the largest corporations here on Denon, Obsidian Star. We've been supplying the Silver Jedi with arms as far back as the Battle of Kintan. Unfortunately recent Bryn'adul invasions have forced us to re-locate some of our larger manufacturing bases, but the Mega-Complex here remains at full readiness. We have also recently come into a small amount of the Bryn'adul Xenophage and are currently working on methods of delivery. More than that, we need to pool our technical knowledge to create weapons that will finally drive the enemy back. I am willing to partner with any entity who wishes to aid in technological research in that area. Liquid capital and engineering personnel are also very welcome. To this end all members of the Dawn of Hope may now use any closed market product currently being produced by Obsidian Star Technologies, Aerospace and BioMed as they see fit."

Hanaya Enzar landed her personal shuttle at the assigned coordinates and travelled on foot to attend the conference. She was dressed in a smart, loose fitting robe, and had her two pairs of lightsabers on her waist, their handles ceremonial tied with ribbon in peace knots. The was escorted by two lightly armed Codru-ji soldiers, walking a few yards behind her. And flanked by a large six legged canine creature that anyone familiar with the species would instantly recognise as a juvenile, probably mid teens, Codru-ji female.

Hanaya spoke softly to her canine companion while holding a data slate “So, Elena, today we will see diplomacy in action. Some of these people, would never be in a room together without trying to kill each other.” The canine watched her, listening and understanding her words “Even right now, their brothers and sisters will be fighting brutal wars against each other, while the people her talk calmly.” she thought for a moment, “I will give you an example, the people of Kasia Celestyne are some of our biggest customers, and right now, they are using ships they bought from us, fitted with weapons we bought from Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr to wage war against the people of Laertia Io Laertia Io and Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim .” As she explained it she astonished herself, some of the names on the guest list were notorious members of different warring factions. Whomever got them round the table to discuss this mutual threat was to be applauded. “Despite all of this, they have agreed to meet and discuss something that threatens us all, that is true diplomacy in action." this would be an excellent learning experience for her daughter to partake in, and she felt she could learn a lot here herself. Codru Secundus was a neutral world and planned on making diplomatic ties with other factions, so she would take note of these experienced individuals.

She approached the chamber, she was not sure whether her guards would be allowed in, or how the chamber attendants would treat her daughter, Codru-Ji youngsters often being mistaken for pets. Those of her party allowed, walked into the chamber and took a seat, she would not speak just yet. Her world had little to offer at this time. She would pledge support and had already written and sent preliminary contracts for the building of a tibanna mine in the New Codru system on behalf of the new faction. Looking around her at the attendees, she recognised a few of them, and some of those she didnt recognise personally, she recognised by reputation. She nodded politely at Bertam, the two not long having completed a large trade arrangement for starship weaponry​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom