Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Mind the Gap | GA Dominion of Zardossa Strix

KGvs804.png

MIND THE GAP

Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Concept-Art-Matt-Allsopp-15.png

The desert moon Zardossa Stix had long been a protectorate of the Galactic Alliance. The spaceports that dotted the planet’s surface had benefited greatly from the construction of the Starbird Trade Spine and contributed in equal measure with their space-faring workforce. It was a given that the moon would eventually be brought into the fold, but their assimilation into the Alliance had been slowed due to bureaucratic hurdles on Coruscant and minuscule objections from Zardossa Stix’s Port Authority who acted as the nominal government of the planet.
However, following the surprise invasion of Byss by the Eternal Empire, the Alliance recognized the strategic importance of having a full-scale military presence on the moon. Something that would only be accomplished by giving the planet full membership in the Alliance. The High Command of the Galactic Alliance approached the Chancellor with a masterstroke strategic plan, Adhira would end the deadlock and the Galactic Alliance Defense Force would use Zardossa Stix’s position along the Starbird to block the Eternal Empire’s withdrawal from Byss and prevent the arrival of reinforcements to the front.

joseph-diaz-part-4-v1.png

Objective I: Short Negotiations
As the invasion on Byss begins in earnest, the Chancellor of the Alliance and a group of diplomatic envoys from the Senate, arrive on Zardossa Stix to reopen negotiations with the Port Authority’s Administrator. The Alliance may need to make concessions to the greedy corporatist, but time is of the essence and the negotiators must work quickly to move the Alliance fleet into position.

107707.png

Objective II: Out of the Line of Fire
Even if the Alliance manages to successfully negotiate with Zardossa Stix’s de facto leaders and block further use of the Starbird Trade Spine, it is unlikely that the Eternal Empire’s forces will throw in the towel. In anticipation of fierce resistance, the Alliance has sent a contingent of Jedi, military, and civil servants to evacuate the citizens of Zardossa Stix.

star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-bridge-concept-art_1.png

Objective III: Protect the Rear Booty
In anticipation of a favorable agreement with the people of Zardossa Stix, the Galactic Alliance Defense Force Navy has directed a detachment of ships stationed near Foerost to move into position. This small fleet includes the experimental gravitational well projection ships that the Alliance intends to use to police their trade routes. However, en route to their destination, the Alliance forces find themselves beset by a sizable band of pirates who found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
atI1DQ.gif

Call Me Mother

"Chancellor, are you sure this is necessary?" A young blond human male in a smart suit said cautiously as the Galactic Alliance ship finally touched down on the surface of Zardossa Stix. Adhira had been adamant that the Alliance fast track the admission of the desert moon into their nation. Once they had full governing authority of the planet, the Alliance Navy would move into place to prevent the Eternal Empire from using the Starbird Trade Spine for their withdrawal. When Adhira found out about the attack on Byss she had immediately turned her full attention to decimating the attacking forces.

"Necessary, Calloway?" she answered incredulously, "it is absolutely necessary! If Ingrid L'lerim wants to shake her little fists at me, I'm going to give her such a bite she will wish she'd kept her hands in her pockets! We are going to rip those ships out of hyperspace and then we are going to rip them apart!" Adhira was suddenly on her feet. She could feel the flush on her cheeks as blood rushed into her face and neck. The aide, Calloway, did not flinch but lowered his eyes as the Chancellor unleashed her tirade.

"Of course, Chancellor... and, we've arrived..." he replied calmly and Adhira mastered herself. She took a moment to flatten the wrinkles that had formed in her sari and reattached the Galactic Alliance emblem that must have fallen off at some point. Her dark eyes shifted to peer out the window and she nodded to him. "Very well, summon the Senators," the young man nodded obligingly and set off for the diplomatic quarters of the ship, "thank you, Calloway."

When she was sure he was gone, she pressed her thumb and forefinger hard under her eyes for a moment. They itched from all of the makeup that had been applied to conceal the dark circles that had steadily been forming in the month that had led up to the invasion of Korriban. She was careful not to rub off any of the cakey substance before tossing a long bolt of ebony fabric over her shoulder and heading out toward the ramp of the ship to meet the others.

Last edited:
Objective 2
Tags: Open

A strange sense of despondency loomed over Ripley as she approached the first dwelling she came across in the village. She was given the role of a harbinger of doom, expected to tell these families they had to flee their homes. The woman understood why it was necessary, what with the encroaching threat of the Eternal Empire, but it didn't make delivering the news that the time had come to leave behind everything they knew any easier. She sighed, attempting to pull herself out of the dark cloud. She was a Jedi, and that was why had been sent- to let those who lived here know that though were having to relocate, there was still hope. She couldn't remind the citizens of that if she was stuck in a slog.

Her fist pounded the door in front of her, waiting on those inside. It was only a few moments before a woman appeared in the threshold. She looked Ripley up and down, taken aback when she spied the lightsaber at her side.

"Hello ma'am, Ripley Khün, knight of the New Jedi Order. I'm afraid orders have come down- it's time to evacuate."

The woman before her looked shocked, though the orders had been publicly announced days before. Her hands picked at the bottom of her shirt, Ripley noticed, a sure sign of anxiety.

"Now? I just thought.. I.." Her sentence trailed off, as if whatever her thoughts contained were too painful to bear.

The knight grimaced, seeing the woman in such distress. She knew a thing or two about being left with nothing, and it was a feeling she never wished to experience again. Ripley extended her arm, reaching up to grasp the woman's shoulder, attempting to channel soothing thoughts into the woman through the force.

"It'll be okay, I promise- but we have to get you all aboard a ship and relocated. You go grab your things, I'll help you with them." Ripley offered up a smile, and the woman returned it, though the sadness in her eyes was still apparent.

[Location: G.A Frigate - Peacemaker, Bridge]
[Focus: Captain Teica Giraan]

You've got to be kidding me. Teica watched the viewscreen as pirate ships moved in to attack the G.A fleet. Plasma shots ran through the vacuum of space, and the hulls of capital grade ships and fighters. A bolt crashed into the Peacemaker's bow. Captain Giraan rested a fist on her chair's arm.

"Target their lead ship, fire a full spread of torpedoes! Fire turbolasers"

Proton torepedos flew from the cramped launchers of the Peacemaker. They eyed their targets and charged. The projectiles broke into explosions along the starboard bow of an enemy ship. Meanwhile, plasma shots charged through the explosions. She leaned forward. You just had to get bored...eh Teica? The frigate shook.

"Captain Dreelurn's reporting that his his corvette has lost shields," the comms officer called.

Teica leaned back and ran her right hand over the smooth, metallic arm of her chair.

"Position us in front of Dreelurn's ship, divert auxiliary power to shields," she kept a cool tone.

"Aye aye captain," the helmsman punched console buttons.

The Peacemaker dashed to its starboard. The forked bow sliced through the chaotic, plasma-littered darkness as it shielded a corvette from enemy weapons. Turbolaser shots crashed into the shields and dispersed along the energy barrier. The frigate returned fire, as a wave of plasma crashed into the hull of an attacking pirate vessel.

This would be fun.

S H A D O W
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER
OBJECTIVE II
Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn | OPEN

ZARDOSSA STRIX // EVAC
wsL0bBY.png

MOSHED-2020-11-27-19-23-46.gif

[ RUN TO THE HILLS ]

"No one's going to force you to evacuate, but you'd be wise to do so." Zaavik stood with a leisurely posture before the Rodian farmer. Leather jacket, tight jeans, and aviators didn't exactly scream 'Alliance Offical'. Hands snug within his jacket pockets, his body language lacked any real sense of urgency, which likely didn't make his imploration any more convincing. He listened as the Rodian replies in what was to him, an unintelligible sequence of buzzes and beeps.

"I can't just up and leave, Jedi. My stock is all I've got, it'll ruin me," the vocoder in Zaavik's ear finally translated as the Rodian gestured to the Bantha roaming the sandy fields around the hut.

"Listen, man, I'll be real with you. I really don't know how bad it's gonna get when and if the Eternals pass through, but you really shouldn't stick around to find out."

"I cannot leave them, Jedi. They are my livelihood. I'm too poor. Irreplaceable. If they cannot go, neither can I."

Zaavik sighed. No one was going to drag him off-world, but his chances were slim if he stayed. "Fine, fine. I'll see what I can do," he conceded. He retrieved his comm device from and inner pocket and pressed down on the activator. "Are there any evac vehicles in Region Aurek equipped for livestock? Got an old-timer up here that won't leave his Bantha."

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice

S W O R D _ O F _ T H E _ J E D I
GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER
OUT OF THE LINE OF FIRE
TAGS: OPEN
ARMOR | LIGHTSABER

wsL0bBY.png

BETTER OFF THIS WAY
"Hey, settle do-- HEY!" Ryv hurried over to a pair of children who only moments ago were the best of friends. Then, out of the blue, one snatched the other's toy, only for the victim to slap the kid square across the face. The two now rolled along the ground as they tussled. Neither managed to do any real damage to the other by the time Ryv tore them apart and put himself in between. "I have half a mind to leave both of you behind, you know that? What the hell do you two think you're doing? We're evacuating the planet!"

"He started it when he took my toy!" the little zeltron boy shouted.

"You hit me! Mama says you should never hit someone else!" retorted his human companion.

"My pa says you never let someone make a fool of you! You gotta stand your ground!"

Ryv blinked. "Yeah, uh... No, we're not doing this. Where are your parents?"

Both of them fell silent at that. As if ashamed, each of them looked away from Ryv and searched the nearby crowds. Hundreds of people crowded the makeshift starport as dozens of dropship ferried entire shipfuls of people to various ships above.

"I-I dunno," the pink-skinned child admitted. "W-W were together, and we were coming here, and then I saw some yummy fruit, so I thought I'd get us one. She seemed sad. Fruit makes her happy... But when I went back to where I last saw her, she was gone."

"Hmm..." Ryv sighed. "Y'know, kid, I like fruit too. How bout this. I'm a Jedi. I'll go look for your parents, but you gotta do something for me."

"You're a Jedi! That's so cool! Can I see your ligh- Ow!" the human boy jumped as his friend punched him in the arm. "That hurt! Why'd you do that?!"

"He wants to help us, stupid," the zeltron reached out to take hold of Ryv's jacket sleeve. "How can we help, mister Jedi?"

Ryv smiled at the more mature of the duo. When he'd been his age, he never would've behaved during such a hectic time, let alone agree to help someone he didn't know.

"I'm gonna need you two on some of these crates. I want you two to just shout and let everyone know we're still taking people over here, okay? Some real dangerous people are coming, and I don't want to leave anyone behind," he dropped to a knee and put a hand on both of their shoulders. "I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's gonna really help me out. Plus, your parents might see you up there. Win-Win, am I right?"

The duo looked towards one another, nodded, and looked to Ryv.

"Good stuff! I'm gonna take a look around for your parents," Ryv straightened and looked around the crowded square. The two children hurried away, already scaling the stack of supplies as if they raced to the top. He pushed his way through the crowd away from them. "This is gonna be such a hassle."

InDaYCg.png

Seto Du Coutaeu
Senator of Empress Teta
Action:
Preparing for Negotiations
Attire

wsL0bBY.png

Room dark, near complete pitch darkness, but when a ring came from the door the lights turned on to awaken the tired Senator attempting to gain some sleep. Seto gently rubbed his eyes, slowly he regained enough sight to begin getting himself ready. The Senate proceedings from earlier had briefed him of the upcoming negotiations, to acquire the necessary rights and naval passage for not just the Alliance Trade Merchants but as well as their Fleet. Stretching forward his arms, Seto quickly gathered himself and stood ready to leave his room.

Eyes quickly flashing against a mirror, fingers instinctively groomed his hair and hands fell to his shirt to smooth away the creases. It was to be a rather small attempt to keep himself well presentable, but Seto figured it was enough for the time. He was only one of many Senators and he expected to be asked little as possible. I can smile very pretty. After all, he had spent the last few nights finishing the last proposals and new trade deals that were to begin the moment this negotiation ended.

Seto walked out of his room and followed one of the aides to lead him to the rest of the Senators that were to appear before their Chancellor. Matters of War and Politics, a delicate balance that Seto once believed possible to weigh more on one side. It was folly and Seto saw it for what it was, Always war. His eyes scanned the other Senators around him before landing back onto his data-slate, held in his hands he wondered how quickly the negotiations would finish before the Fleet mobilized and entered the in-system.

War was coming to every star system, and profit was to be made in spite of it all. But. Seto mused slightly, looking for their Chancellor, -Maybe there is someone who is tired of this cycle more than myself. . . perhaps someone who hasn’t given up entirely. . . Seto smiled despite himself, his lips stretched slightly as he quickly read his data-slate.

"I sure hope the Port Authority are prepared for rather aggressive negotiations. . . " Seto murmured to himself, war didn't just bring out the worst in soldiers and generals, but as well in politicians when every second counted against someone else's life. Or lives in this case. Regardless, Seto assumed it wouldn't take much to fold good Administrator and Representative of the Port Authority.

if they're watching anyways

Auteme groaned, leaning back in her chair. The young Jedi felt like Senator Du Couteau always seemed to look -- too tired for the day. Though the trip from Byss to Zardossa Stix was a short one it should've been more than enough time for her to get some rest. And yet when she laid in the spartan cot on the diplomatic cruiser she couldn't find the warm embrace of sleep. After all, sleep was just death being shy, but in recent days she'd found it uncomfortably friendly.

Though the scrapes and bruises had healed -- a bit of time in a bacta bath and her own skill in healing did the trick -- she was restless. There was such evil in the galaxy, such hate, such shaking of little fists that it was difficult to find even a moment of peace where she once could find as many as she needed.

She closed her eyes. It was tiring. Tiring that she was there to negotiate access to a world so the fighting could continue. Hadn't there been enough already? It'd been quite the ask to get Byss's defense fleet and the combined GADF forces to stall the Eternal Empire's fleet a little longer. All so that the fighting could continue.

She breathed deep. The politics was getting to her; the war was getting to her. Ryv had warned her about it, right before Korriban. How easy it was to lose oneself in it all. She should've been out there with him, with the Jedi, getting people off the planet. Would that have been any better? She'd still know the carnage that would continue here.

She centered herself. Not quite sleep, but it was as close as she got before the ship landed on Zardossa Stix.

Not soon after the vessel gave its last groan after setting down did she exit the guest room and head into the lounge. In truth it was rare that she went on more luxurious cruisers such as this, but she hadn't exactly spent the trip enjoying it. Not that they'd be here much longer. She linked up with the Chancellor, staying a half step behind the woman as the group headed down the ramp. "When the battle's over... we should build this place up. Make a real government," she said to Chandra. "The Port Authority doesn't have all that much authority. Just enough to confirm Zardossa Stix's place in the Alliance, but we should be careful of what governments we recognize as legitimate."

In truth, most planetary governments had seen so many handoffs and overlords that they were only half-functional. Even those greater galactic governments could lack the strength and balance to properly govern. The Alliance's senate worked well enough, but even it was far from a perfect bastion of democracy given that Senators could be selected by their planets in any number of ways. Zardossa Stix had barely enough people to fill a Coruscant city block and lacked the sophistication of even Coruscant's Undercity. There was much to be improved.

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice

GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER
OUT OF THE LINE OF FIRE
ARMOR | LIGHTSABER

wsL0bBY.png

BETTER OFF THIS WAY
"Hey, have you-" Ryv began the question, only to be brushed off and ignored completely. He sighed. "You gotta be kidding me, man. "

He turned down a side street and searched as he went. It wasn't uncommon for families to be separated during such evacuations, but sometimes it took weeks, if not months, for them to be reunited. And in the real bad scenarios? Some families just never saw one another again. And for him, that just wouldn't fly. It's the reason he'd crawled up and down several city blocks already. Most people he stopped to ask outright ignored him. The kind few at least offered an answer, even if it didn't much help him towards his goal.

"Man, asking those kids for their parents' names sure would make this easier," he facepalmed.

A group of five turned the corner ahead of Ryv and appeared to be heading towards the same square he and other Jedi were assigned. He crossed the street and waved them down. When they didn't stop, he narrowed his eyes and flashed his lightsaber. That seemed to finally get their attention. They slowed down and looked at one another nervously.

"Is there a problem?" the eldest of them asked. His flesh appeared darkened and worn from a lifetime out in the sun. His calloused hands held tight to a small box of what Ryv surmised to be his belongings. Though the container was closed, bits of clothing peaked through tears in the cardboard.

"No, sir, I'm just looking for someone who went missing," Ryv slid both hands into his jacket pockets and motioned in the square's direction with a nod of his head. "I got a couple of kids missing their parents. Seems like they split up during all the chaos. Just trying to get em back together before we ship em off somewhere else. Both are a pair of boys, one a zeltron, the other a human. Know em by chance?"

The group looked between one another for several long seconds before the same elderly man spoke up.

"Ye, we know em. Dhiv and Vurn, I wager. Good kids, sometimes help out around town when their parents are busy. Neighbors, if I recall."

"Alright, well, any idea where I might find their parents?"

"Uhhh..." the older man looked back at the group. "Y'all know anything about them kids?"

"I think Dhiv's ma was fancied by a twi'lek over on 9th street. Maybe try there?" another suggested.

"Which way is 9th?" Ryv asked.

"You're gonna wanna head up this street over here," the elder pointed down another street. "You'll follow that for another five blocks, take a right. Stay on that street for about a quarter of a mile, then turn off into the park. You can cut through there, and you'll wind up at 9th. If you see a fountain with muddy water, you've gone too far."

Ryv nodded in thanks and hurried off.

OBJECTIVE 2

Ripley's grasp tightened on the tiny hand inside of it. The woman, who had introduced herself as Maleya, had brought out various bags and her two children. The younger hung at her mother hip, while the elder, no older than five or six, had insisted on walking with "the cool jebi knight". Ripley wished she could encapsulate him in that moment, forever youthfully innocent with not a care in the world. Time was a cruel mistress though, so the zeltron just took his hand, hoping that years from now, he would remember her face because she had made some kind of difference, however insignificant.

The knight's eyes flickered over to Maleya, carefully balancing the small girl with a bag in the other hand. She could feel the apprehension radiating out, a dark cloud hanging in the force around them. Her attempt earlier to ease the storm within hadn't been enough, but Ripley felt she needed to do something.

"I know it may not help, but I've heard to refugee centers are actually pretty nice. It won't be long before they find you better accommodations though- maybe somewhere that has other kids for them to play with?"

Maleya nodded, though Ripley felt that dark cloud grow even larger. Chit. This is not what she was made for.

"Maleya..." she started again, cautious of her words this time. "I've been where you are before. Different circumstances, same effect. Effectively homeless, but I didn't have a family to stand with me through it, or any skills to carry with me. It will get better- you just keep pushing. You don't dwell on what's happening, you just keep moving forward, trying to make the best of it, because that's all you can do."

Something the zeltron said must have gotten through, because the woman adjusted the baby, standing a little straighter. Ripley was a combatant, but she knew Maleya was a fighter from the renewed bounce in her step.

Last edited:

Nadira

N
OBJECTIVE 3
TAGS: Teica Giraan Teica Giraan | Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken

The ship rocked when it came under fire, various alarms ringing out, grinding on Nadira's nerves.

"Status."

"Main rear deflector shield at ten percent. One more hit like that and we can expect damage to the hull."

The woman pinched the bridge of her nose in between two fingers, obviously frustrated. This was supposed to be an easy day, no mission, drifting with no destination in mind. Perhaps they'd find a stray vessel or two to prey upon, give the crew something to keep them busy. Instead, they were met by the Galactic Alliance Fleet, a power they would not be able to stand against as hard as they tried. Perhaps they could get a few hits in though, make em think twice about engaging the next time, before getting the crink away from here.

"Divert auxiliary power to the rear shield, follow up with defensive maneuvers."

Nadira's hand fell from her face to her lap, waiting.

"Return fire when you see fit."

A few moments passed by, and then the laser cannons let loose a volley of shots.

G.A Frigate - Peacemaker, Hangar
Objective III
Teica Giraan Teica Giraan | Nadira

"I said the hydrospanner, not my--" the lightsaber hissed to life torching off a strand of unruly hair. Frantically, Tycho reached for the blade's activator with the Force and shut it off before snatching it from the BD unit beside him. "The hell's up with your wiring today? A man can't catch a break with all the fixing I gotta do. Sheesh."

The spacer rolled over from beneath his freighter, clipped his lightsaber, and scanned the hangar. Snickering faces of the Peacemaker's crew.

"Yeah, whatcha laughin' at? Ain't everybody funded by taxpayer's money." the faces turned and shuffled away in a hurry. "Yeah, keep going. Git!"

"Morons."

Alarms wailing interrupted the unusual silence in the hangar of the frigate. Tycho surveyed the sound and grumbled silently. This was supposedly a milk run - aid these nerfherders in setting up the gravitational well projectors. As an experienced spacer and former pirate, grav-well projectors were something he was more than just familiar with.

"Let's see what the commotion is - if it's another kriffin' drill, I swear I'll drill the Captain herself." certainly, the short fuse of a temper he had was one of the many flaws the Jedi ways sought to refine. Futile attempts so far. He hurried into his freighter's cockpit and tapped into the Peacemaker's scanners which were shared with his own ship.

His heart ceased.

Tycho Reeves, the former Black Dog pirate, recognized the hostile vessels on the readings.

Nadira.

Once upon a time, a long time ago, he'd wanted to charge up her loading ramp. Now? Vent her through an airlock. Treacherous schutta.

<"Captain, it's Tycho: get us right up the ramp of that piece of junk."> he coarsely said, his nostrils flaring. Then to his droid, "Get a line open to that ship right now." an affirmative beep followed by static before the line opened.

<"Guess who, you sleemy schutta?!"> the Jedi transmitted to Nadira, <"pray your kriffing ship peels open like a can of nerf gizzards before I get my hands on you."

[Location: G.A Frigate, Peacemaker, Bridge]
[Focus: Captain Teica Giraan]

"Captain, transmission from the hanger bay!" the comms officer yelled.

Teica darted from her tactical officer's console to her own command chair. Swiping a hand over a few keys, as she nodded back.

The voice leapt from the built in speakers,
"Captain, it's Tycho: get us right up the ramp of that piece of junk."

"<Roger that>," she cut the transmission and turned her gaze to the helmsman, "Fire a full salvo and aim the hanger bay at those sons of Murglaks!"

"Aye aye captain," the reply went.

A wave of hungry bolts dashed from the safeties of their cannons and at the hull of a nearby pirate ship. Engines fired in the aft of the Peacemaker as it situated its forked bow and hanger to face its target. Teica turned to the comms officer.

"Patch us in to Tycho again," she watched the lieutenant run fingers along a console.

A green indicator light on her side console activated, as she pulled a microphone over to chapped lips.

"<You're clear for launch, good luck>," she spoke into the device as the hanger doors opened.

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice

GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER
OUT OF THE LINE OF FIRE
ARMOR | LIGHTSABER

wsL0bBY.png

BETTER OFF THIS WAY
Empty street after empty street greeted the Jedi Knight. Most were wise enough to evacuate at the Alliance's behest, leaving their homes with whatever they scrounged together. It eased his nerves to know most of the populace saw sense. Yet, he couldn't shake an uneasiness that settled over him. A chill gripped his mind as if the Force warned him of something he couldn't yet see. He knew not to ignore such warnings. On more than one occasion, they'd saved his life. Hell, it is downright stupid to brush that sort of thing off. But there was nothing around him. Not as he walked the long street, nor took the right as directed.

A quarter of a mile later, he found himself at the supposed park. He still hadn't found cause for concern. So, he stepped in and cut through as the older man suggested.

Trees dotted the makeshift grove. Small bushels of flowers sprung up every dozen feet. Little animals ran back and forth between them, most to avoid the Jedi Knight, but some seemed unphased by his passage. A few even had the courage to follow him. He chuckled at seeing that and continued without concern. By the time he crossed the park, that faint nagging had grown more pressing. Ryv found it impossible to think of anything beyond the potential for danger. He pulled his hand from his pocket and dropped it beside the lightsaber hanging at his side. It rested casually along the hilt, or at least, he hoped it appeared casual. Better to be seen as a savior than a danger.

"Alright, I'm looking for a twi'lek. Shouldn't be hard. I mean, it's only an abandoned city I'm searching through, right?" he sighed and stepped onto the duracrete sidewalk. What must've been a bodega earlier that day greeted him. Makeshift stalls lined many of the buildings, though all of their shutters were pulled out and clamped down. Bits of rotten fruit lined one stall, whereas a set of carpenter's tools poked out from beneath another. Ryv wandered over to one stall and knocked on it. "Hello? Anyone th-"

The sound of hurried footsteps caught his attention. He peeked around the corner just in time to see a pair of yellow-green lekku disappear further down the street.

"H-Hey! Stop you son of a-" Ryv didn't even bother to finish his call before he broke into a sprint and hurried after the stranger.

He took the same right at the end of the street and saw a twi'lek barreling down the way full speed. Nothing awaited him, no speeder or gang, so Ryv just assumed the unlucky sod gambled on outrunning the Jedi Knight in a typical criminal fashion. He rolled his eyes and took a deep breath. As he charged after his mark, his body picked up in speed. Ryv blurred as the Force came to his aid. It carried him the same distance in the blink of an eye. By the time he caught up to the twi'lek, Ryv was close enough to see the panic, surprise, and terror when he turned his head and saw the Jedi only steps behind him.

Ryv slammed into the stranger and hurled him into a nearby stall. The twi'lek crashed through the structure with only a grunt of pain and the sound of splintered wood to grace his passage.

"You know," Ryv wandered over and pressed a booted foot to the twi'lek's chest. "Kinda dumb to try and outpace a Jedi."

The twi'lek's bloodshot eyes widened at seeing the lightsaber.

"So schutta, I've got a couple questions for you..." Ryv crossed his arms and smiled. "Let's start simple, shall we?"

Last edited:
OBJECTIVE 2

Coming into the spaceport, the crowds were thick and slow-moving. Every couple of minutes, Ripley's eyes gazed down to the child beside her, uneasy at the prospect of losing him in the dense stream of people. Slowly but surely, the line inched forward. The knight considered leaving Maleya here, as she could surely be rounding up any strays who were trying to linger- but it didn't seem right. After half an hour, she tried to make small talk to pass the time.

"So, what do you do for a living?"

The human gestured at the area surrounding them.

"I work here. Mainly minor repairs on ship, though sometimes we see more than minor repairs, even if we aren't exactly equipped to handle them."

Ripley nodded, mildly impressed. She may know her way around various weapons and computers, but she had never lifted a finger in regards to a ship.

"That's good. There will be lots of places that can help get you. Even if your experience is in minor, that's a good foundation, and a needed skill in wartime."

Finally, they had come to the front of the line. The staff behind the table went to work processing the documents, taking their luggage and putting it with the rest, before the family was directed to a nearby ship. Ripley walked them to the ramp, before stopping to look at the woman once again.

"This is as far as I go, I'm afraid. Have to get back out there and tend to any others. Remember what I said, Maleya. Keep moving forward. I'll be checking in on you when I can."

The woman simply nodded in response, her mouth turning slightly at the corners. Ripley squatted to be on level with the boy.

"You be good little man, don't give your ma any trouble. Help her with your sister..." Her words trailed off as she thought of her own brother. She simply shook her head and stood again, pivoting on her heels, before striding off back towards the town.

Last edited:

Nadira

N
Objective 3
Tags: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken

The zeltron rose from the captain's chair, now tense. Their maneuvers had caused the last round of volleys to miss, but it was apparent the enemy wasn't backing off. Before she could decide how to proceed, the speakers on deck came to life, a strangely familiar voice coming through them.

<"Guess who, you sleemy schutta?!"> the Jedi transmitted to Nadira , <"pray your kriffing ship peels open like a can of nerf gizzards before I get my hands on you.">

Wait, is that..? It couldn't be. Nadira had sent the Jedi after them to make sure none of that crew would ever be a problem again, yet there was no mistaking it. Tycho Reeves.

"Oh my," Nadira practically purred. "Seems a ghost has come back to haunt me. Kael, I want all non-essential personal geared up and ready to go within 5 minutes. We can expect visitors soon. Lox, you have command."

"Aye, captain."

Nadira strutted off, making haste to gather her weapons and don armor. What Tycho of all people was doing with the GA, she wasn't sure, but one thing was certain- if the Jedi couldn't do the job right, she would see to it.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice

GALACTIC ALLIANCE
NEW JEDI ORDER
OUT OF THE LINE OF FIRE
ARMOR | LIGHTSABER

wsL0bBY.png

BETTER OFF THIS WAY

"I'm looking for a zeltron, pink skin, red hair, just like her kid," Ryv said, eyes locked on the downed twi'lek.

"Hehe, aren't we all?" the alien asked in turn, some attempt at a smile offered the Jedi's way. That same smiled disappeared the moment Ryv stomped down on his chest. A coughing fit enveloped the man for several seconds.

"Alright, lemme try this again," Ryv knelt and gripped the twi'lek by his collar. The Jedi slammed the man into a wall and glared. "I'm not in the mood for this. I can feel your guilt, and I know you're hiding something from me. You ran for the Force's sake. That's about as guilty as someone can be. So, lemme ask you again, bud. Zeltron woman with a kid, they say you fancied her. Probably real pretty, huh? Have you seen her?"

"No, no, I sw-"

Ryv slammed him into the wall again. "Honesty, sleemo. It'll get real ugly if you aren't."

After another round of coughs, the twi'lek seemingly found some courage. He met Ryv's glare with one of his own and spit directly into the Jedi's face. "I'm not telling you poodoo, Jedi. Your threats mean no-"

The alien's point died on his lips as Ryv threw him to the ground. However, this time, he pressed a knee against his back and tugged the twi'lek's right sleeve up and over his forearm. Ryv twisted it to look over it. The stylized tattoo of a coiled Krayt Dragon midway through consuming its massive tail greeted him as expected. He sighed, moved to the side of the prone alien, and dropped to a knee. He allowed the alien to roll over onto his back, but the moment he attempted to get up, Ryv summoned his saber to his hand and ignited the white-hot blade.

"Didn't realize Agrippa's slavers worked this far into the Core nowadays," Ryv sighed. "I've been a lot more patient with you than you deserve, know what I'm saying? I mean, this is how I see it. You're a slaver. I'm a Jedi. Everything you're about is opposed to my code. I'm gonna give you one more chance. You tell me where the Zeltron is, and I'll drag you back to the GADF for a few years in the hole. And before you argue! I will remind you, I can literally feel when you lie to me. The guilt eats at you, but the credits, whores, and booze always make it easier, don't they?"

"You're a Jedi! You'll do noth-" his retort cutout midway as Ryv ran his saber through the slaver's neck and separated his head from his shoulders.

"Think again, schutta," Ryv reached down and picked up the severed head by the lekku. "Now, let's see what you've been hiding from me?"

His eyes glazed over as visions of the man's recent past flashed through his mind.

Last edited:

Objective I: Short Negotiations
Equipment: X-Wing
Unit: Diplomatic Envoy Detachment
Job: Advise and Consult on Military Matters
Tags:
Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Auteme Auteme Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau

Br8YpBr.png

Olen followed the diplomatic shuttle, nudging the stick forward as the nose went down, corresponding seamlessly to the movement. He flicked the landing gear switch at his ceiling panel and felt a slight thud as the X-Wing touched down. Popping the canopy, he clambered out of the ship, pulling himself down, his jump producing a small dust cloud as he dropped onto the sand.

The pilot felt alien in this situation. He did not feel as if he was best suited for the business of diplomacy. He jogged up towards the group of Senators, joining the group at the ramp. From the holos, he recognised Auteme Denko-Durren, the young Jedi whom he often heard speak at Senate speeches which were broadcast often, reaching the ears of lowly soldiers such as himself.

Despite not being a big fan of politics or politicians, he could feel the way the winds were blowing and knew of the conflict with the Eternal Empire on Byss. Strangely his unit had been redirected to Zardossa, which slightly annoyed him, the self-admitted adrenaline junkie that he was. The rest of the squadron were assisting in evacuation of the people, while he had been 'requisitioned' for a special task. He had been chosen as the Military Advisor for the diplomatic group that had been sent to negotiate with the Port Authority.

Strategic Intelligence had done him a long awaited solid by giving him some background information. Well, enough so that he wouldn't appear as a fool when questioned by the group or even Port Authority. By his own estimate, the Alliance could easily stick a couple of cruisers in orbit and be done with it, but his intuition shot down his wishful thinking and told him that diplomacy wasn't as easy as that.

Compromise was a fun concept.

He made a nod of respect towards the Jedi. She looked young, but he had no idea what rank she was. So he went with the default. "Greetings Master Jedi, you look tired, rough nap?" He inquired cheekily with a small smile before seeing the Chancellor and offering a sharp salute. "Madam Chancellor." It was interesting to see that a civilian emanated the confidence of a tired soldier. She wore elaborate clothes which prompted him to take a look at his flight suit. He had picked his slightly tight orange one as it was cleaner that his operational one, he'd even shined his helmet for the occasion.

ZARDOSSA STIX // SPACEPORT // OBJECTIVE I
EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD
Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau // Auteme Auteme // Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra // Olen Halcorr Olen Halcorr

BlwFtWb.png

"I sure hope the Port Authority are prepared for rather aggressive negotiations. . . "

Aggressive negotiations?” Brama chortled, folding her arms against her chest and gave a short shake of her head. She might have been half-blind, but her hearing was just fine. “From you, Senator? What’re you going to do, frown a little harder at them?

That's how you wrinkle, dear.”
The amendment to her statement came with a knowing tap to her own jowl lines.

Such a pretty boy, the Senator of Empress Teta. She found it difficult to imagine he knew a world of aggression other than tossing a hanky down to the ground when his tea was a spot too hot.

Dash Pavond, ever by the retired huntress’s side, shifted uncomfortably –– as if his body language could warn the blunt woman that she might cause offence. Didn’t matter, everyone could tell by the colour of the Chancellor’s cheeks that any aggressive display from the port authority would easily be outmatched by their diplomatic leader.

“EH?” Came a noisy introduction. A man in a tight-fit uniform, with seams that threatened to betray the body beneath. He wasn’t obese by any means, but it was obvious he’d not renewed or upgraded his uniform in several years. The grey garberwool was faded, and the most well-kept, save for a fresh caf stain on the cuff of the hand that stretched out a hand in salutations. He hinged at the waist in additional respect, before running his hands over his stomach to smooth out buttons that had pulled out of place.

“Chancellor Chandra, senators of The Alliance, welcome to Zardossa Stix. My name’s Fuil Dalledos and I understand you have time-sensitive needs to be addressed.” He flashed a toothsome grin. Fuil was a numbers man above all else –– he had to be, given all the hyperspace jumps and coordinations he had to calculate for a nominal fee on the daily.

“Hope I’m not interrupting your conversation, I’m uh, a little hard of hearing.” His wrinkled face softened apologetically as if that could explain his rude bark of an interjection earlier.

With arms sweeping outward, he gestured to the two in jumpsuits by his side. “These are my coordinators. Mostly observing our conversation. Please,” The administrator continued “–– explain your needs.

And I’ll explain mine in kind.”

Inaros Kaal

I
BYOO: Ensure the evacuation vessels meet health and safety standards
Charon, commercial starliner doubling as a relief vessel for the people of Zardossa Styx
Actors: Gala Geert Gala Geert

Now that the people of Zardossa Styx were undergoing an evacuation, the Alliance needed to make certain to meet a plethora of ethical concerns regarding proper accommodation of civilian inhabitants. To this end, a portion of the military personnel had received duties to carry out supplementary inspections for the ministry of health and safety.

Through some nigh-miraculous clerical error, Fleet Admiral Inaros Kaal's name had appeared on one of these inspections. Under most other circumstances he would have simply reported the mix-up and continued going about his day, but he needed the time off to recover from the most recent near-heart attack his chief engineer had caused him.

The inspection directions called for an appraisal of civilian recreational services aboard one of the great starliners. The Ministry of H&S kept the supplementary inspection simple enough for untrained personnel to be qualified, which usually amounted to simply taking a few pictures and checking a few boxes on a form based on information gathered from local sources.

Not one to shy away from his duties to his fellow citizens, Kaal waited for the rest of the inspection team aboard the Charon. The civilian starliner, which ferried tourists up and down the Starbird Tradespine under normal circumstances, was one of the largest of its kind in the galaxy. As per the holomail, he waited on the commerce deck. Bright life-day lights shone brightly above the endless streets, and catchy jingles played in every shop. The preparations for the annual festival were in full swing already, despite the many hardships the GADF faced in the Outer Rim and Tingel Arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom