Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eat, Drink & Be Merry

Srina would have been content to remain with her master for the rest of the night, were it not for his obligation to child, and her desire to reacquaint herself with Padawan Swail. An amused smile slid over pale pink lips when he dismissed her worries about his alcohol consumption. He knew his limits better than she did, of course, but she would feel like a fool later if she didn’t remind him now. His knuckles brushed discretely against her arm and any sense of unease ebbed away quicker than water running downhill.

For a brief moment, she held his arm a little tighter, a silent response to his assurances. She trusted him. Believed in him—even when didn’t believe in himself. Her voice was lofty and teasing when it came next. “I hardly think that’s the worst the Galaxy could think of us.”

The slender Echani watched the brief exchange between father and daughter, both glad for it, and mentally filing away the relationship status for later evaluation. At least this one didn’t seem to despise her immediately. Before the feeling of being the obvious third wheel could set in she prepared to depart on her own little adventure. That is, until the Grandmaster stole their attention, a vision of inconceivable charm, and made a lovely speech. It was simple and straight to the point. She followed the flow of the room and clapped politely when the dialogue ended until the music returned.

From the way most people described Jedi to her over the past few months she would have never suspected they could be so entertaining. Not far away, she caught sight of a familiar man waving in their direction, and after a moment she realized it to be a fellow apprentice. [member="Akabane Jarvik"]. She knew his name not only from the initial Mandragora ceremony but also because he belonged to Darth Metus. Since they were often in close proximity she made it her duty to know, and to be aware, of persons of interest…Even if they did not know her. Srina raised her hand and returned his welcoming gesture. Perhaps he would find her later, if he wished to speak, and found the time.

Darth Metus then gave her permission to step away for a little while after the Grandmasters speech and she inclined her head in gratitude. Her every movement was flawless, every expression seamless, and schooled into perfection. He would never know how hard it was to exist in the shadow of all of the powerful children he had borne. To exist, as a lesser apprentice, closer to him than most, but as one who could not control her abilities. It was frustrating to be able to taste power but to feel as if she had very little to call her own. “I shall. Thank you, my master.”

Srina smiled appropriately at both Nyx and Metus, waving three small fingers, before she took her leave. From there she wove neatly through the throngs of partygoers, smiling when appropriate, but mostly looking for a particular Padawan. There was a very mixed flavor of emotion in the air that ran along every spectrum. Happiness, hope, and relief were in a very hidden battle with apprehension, distrust, and hatred. Everyone wore pleasant masks. Srina idly wondered which guest was hiding an ugly truth.

Speaking of ugly truths, did her eyes betray her, or had she spotted [member="Cairyn Midore"]? A mercurial gaze followed the Confederate game master with a certain level of curiosity mixed with horror. There was no telling what would trigger the darker fancies of the man-child in a hall this crowded with people. She did not know him well, mostly by reputation, but it was enough. He seemed to be self-contained for the moment and Srina let it be. How bad could it get?

Finally, Srina found whom she was looking for. She approached Padawan Swail from the side, perhaps a blind spot, and waited for her to finish speaking to a man she was not familiar with. For the most part, she at least recognized members of the Confederacy, so she took an educated guess and assumed him to be Jedi. Delicate hands clasped together in front of her and she bowed her head faintly. Ever polite, ever pristine, it was almost impossible to believe she was under the tutelage of the Sith Lord. “Please forgive my intrusion.”

“We have not met.”, she spoke kindly to [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], the silvery silks of her gown swaying like waves about her ankles, “My name is Srina. I’ve been looking for a certain Padawan. It seems that she has been hiding from me.”

The ‘she’ in question, of course, was Padawan Swail. If context clues were not enough to clue either in of her intentions the light smile she tossed in the dark-haired woman’s direction should do the trick. Hopefully, she wouldn’t insult the man by intruding. It wasn’t her intention to steal Grandmaster Kitra’s Padawan away, merely to share conversation, and to perhaps compliment her attire. Srina couldn’t help but admire how differently all of the Jedi appeared when their terrible robes were nowhere in sight.

[member="Darth Metus"] [member="Nyx"] [member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

So, the Jedi were having a little get together, the force spirit decided as she'd made her way through the dolls in a fitting dress. It was so very fitting of her but at the same time, for the very first time, she had heard complaint from the child whose body she occupied. The visit to the spirits had given her a sort of strength Anastasia hadn't know she had had, surprising even Naha'va. Still, between the two, Naha'va was stronger and she cold keep the child at bay as she held control over the physical form.

Moving through the crowds, Anastasia glanced towards the tray filled with drinks and continued pass them. She didn't drink, not anymore. She found it a fruitless endeavor of the weak, something to loosen and dull the senses. Instead, she moved through, looking at the faces she didn't recognize. One, she had seen as the Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi because Anastasia kept her ear to the ground, in a matter of speaking,

Family of this body knew Anastasia as an overly serious child, sometimes too quiet and sometimes simply just serious, especially considering her existence in this body had been for no more than a decade even though her maturity was that of a twenty-five year old. The mind though was eight centuries past her youth and in a sense, this manifested. It was however, the only mind this body had had and therefore, it had allowed her to blend well. The annoying child in her mind now grew a little stronger after her connection with the Doashim which she was not permitted to step, a fact that annoyed Naha'va endlessly for she had lived and outlived those before her in her eternal quest for power and this Mandragora business was meant to be the very next step yet, those ridiculous spirits had in fact denied her.

Denial wasn't acceptable but it was also something the spirit could in the end not fight. It mattered not, she was was still the stronger presence in the young body, a child would not overcome her. Men of power had not overcome her, so a child would not overcome her either, Naha'va was well aware of this fact.

Her movements were graceful and flowing, her body moving in the way the spirit willed it to, hips lightly swaying masterfully, her steps learned in the years of her earliest training. There was a creature in this galaxy who could identify Naha'va solely in the way she flowered through a room, denote of an assassin student of a long dead Emperor meant to blend into any situation, a fashionable party included. Her first job had always been twofold, necessary to blend, seduce and murder at the will of her Master. Whereas her role had long ended, her earliest training had left a permanent mark in her behavior. Her dark eyes landed on a familiar face talking to a woman of white hair and someone whose back was turned to her. Dad, she thought to herself, allowing for a light tone of her thoughts. Darth Metus was a person of power as well as the creator of the body she inhibited. He thought himself a father of the one she claimed to be, Anastasia Verd, and so Naha'va blended into the role expected of her and always referred to the man as dad though the overall feeling of a parent was in fact foreign to her. As she approached, the blond left their side, causing a curiosity in the spirit. Who was the fair skinned one ? Naha'va had an unnatural appeal to power or potential power even more. She had spent lifetimes hunting down those related to her by blood, in order to determine whether they held power or even potential power. Disappointment was great when the one born of her own body turned out to be lacking any shred of it but at least the one born of her held potential in plenty to make up for the disgrace of the offspring.

The one spiking her interest departed the small group though and as Anastasia drew nearer, she recognized the one that had remained in the presence of Darth Metus. A sister, Naha'va recalled in her mind. Nyx. "Hello, family," Anastasia addressed both, a very smile spreading across her face as she drew nearer, picking up a tall glass from a passing tray with goldish color, though its purpose was not to drink but rather to blend, something Anastasia often did out of habit. Approaching closer still, she heard the man as the daughter to dance. A captain, was she? That part she hadn't discovered yet. Anastasia didn't mind them wandering off but since she was here, she had no reason to avoid family. That was what was expected of her, no? "By all means, dance away. I'm just saying hi," Ana offered in a light tone.

[member="Darth Metus"] [member="Nyx"]

[member="Allyson Locke"]

This was Allyson’s choice then. Kaili stood and looked at the mirror in the ‘powdering room’ and couldn’t help but perk her brow. The fabric pressed against her waist, hip and neck in a way she was not quite used to. Dresses overall was not something that Kaili was used to, she could count on one hand the amount of times she had ever worn one voluntarily and even then they were nothing quite like this. Blue Iridescent fabrics shimmered in purple undertones for each twist of her hip as the lower hems of her dress brushed against her left knee and tickled against her right shin. Her somewhat heeled shoes would wrap around her ankle in awkward discomfort and the skirt of the dress hugged against her midriff to hold the parting top in place as it let expose a small diamond-shaped hole where her heart was. All things considered it showed a surprisingly modest amount of skin compared to the other dress that Allyson had picked out for her. The exposed back not withstanding said comment. Fingers then prodded at the surface of her hair which for the moment wasn’t a disheveled mess of bed hair and callous disregard for styling. It glowed almost, it certainly seemed a lot smoother than what Kaili was used to, and at the back of her head she had not one but two hair sticks keeping a rather well-decorated yet loose bun from untangling itself.

And why did she not know makeup better? It was a rhetorical question, of course. Kaili had never seen a particularly great need for it, and it showed. There was nothing elaborate in what she had on her, but at least it showed great care to get it all just right. Kaili had been forced to ask Allyson for help more than once, and if ever there was a surefire way of telling that Allyson was nervous about something it was the fact that, well, needless to say there were less makeup sessions and more make out sessions. Kaili didn’t mind, of course, but it still meant that Arisa’s death was on her mind. Kaili was vaguely aware that something was there, but for all intents and purposes it was a friendship. Arisa had been part of the Rogues just as Allyson was. It was probably natural to feel that kind of devastation at this point. It wasn’t like Kaili felt a whole lot on the matter anymore, in a sense she was already well over her limit on ‘remorse’ or ‘grief.’ Cold, but it meant that to Kaili she would see the festivities far more as a professional event. The Silver Jedi had a small stake on Kiara and as the leader of said planet Kaili only saw it fit to come visit them in this time of renewal.

She rounded a corner and walked down the hallway to where Allyson had said to meet her when done. Even if her shoes were just barely heeled she still found issue with them. Kaili had worn boots, sneakers, pants, hoodies, tees and shirts all of her life. This whole ‘dresses and high heels’ thing was just not how she worked. Regardless, for Allyson’s sake she had swallowed her pride and decided to attend in a dress. For her lover’s sake, and that reason alone. Her mind begged for a suit like Allyson’s, but there was no way she was going to let her down like that.

Hands reached out for Allyson’s arm and stability. They locked arm-to-arm yet both bodies twisted on instinct for a quick kiss before they entered the party proper, a hand moving up to slap Allyson in case her hands wandered.

“I have just spent five minutes correcting this hairdo. Again. Kaili said and took a dignified pose by her partner, waiting for Allyson to lead them onto the party grounds. “I’ll deport you to the couch for a week if you try anything with it so soon after we arrive.”

“Now.” She put on a mock-bourgeois accent. “Onwards, cavalier.”

Was that what you called your partner? A cavalier? Kaili didn’t know, but it sounded hilarious and she tried not to laugh.

Yuroic was impressed. Stephanie seemed better suited for the role than he ever had been. Perhaps that was proof that he was not one for being a high ranking member of the Order. Work in the shadows and help in more subtle areas, it was something to think on further. When he heard her mention Jairdain, calling Jairdain Master, Yuroic smirked. It had been a long time since he was reminded that his beloved was a more promenient Force User than himself.

"Jairdain was sadly busy with her work in the CSA I believe. She has taken well to her new job, it has been difficult on our relationship being so far apart and little time together. However, I dare not to complain, her job is important and she enjoys it, that is all that matters." He decided to be open and honest, he felt no reason to hide his worries and anxieties. Yuroic needed to talk and open up with more people. "How about yourself? Anyone who makes your heart race?"

Before Stephanie could answer, an Echani arrived, bluntly stating she did not recognise Yuroic. Which was fine for him, he was one to be in the background, it suited him for now. "Yuroic, Jedi Knight and Head Librarian." Addressing himself to [member="Srina Talon"] before noticing that she wanted to talk to [member="Stephanie Swail"]

"Alas, I think I need another drink. I shall leave you lovely ladies to get reacquainted." Yuroic excused himself and headed towards the bar. Noticing [member="Jerit Kolomor"] with a new Padawan he did not recognise, Yuroic took notice from afar while the bartender tended to his drink.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Ah. The CSA. Stephanie had heard about them, and she wanted to one day visit their embassy on Commenor to see what relations were like – she believed she knew one of them, the Queen [member="Lady Kay"] herself. However, following Ruusan, she didn’t feel the Padawan was a welcome asset to proceedings in the Queen’s eyes. She was the one who made her feel out of place, yet the warmongers of the Empire and Sith welcome.

The cold flush passed quickly as the polite [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] spoke, and his question turned the coldness to embarrassing warmth. Heart race?

Heart race? Her? As in…well that was forward…or was he being….oh my….

Her eyes went a little wide, wide with her smile, which turned into a puzzled grimace, albeit a happy one, before shaking her head. This…there wasn’t even…no, not like this… she was laughing away to give her time to reply, but she didn’t have chance.

A voice rather close made her jump, and it was none other than the Sith’s apprentice [member="Srina Talon"] standing there, hair and eyes as silver as she remembered, cool and confident and radiating strength. Stephanie’s laughter ceased, but she smiled to Yuroic, not knowing if she should be irked at the intrusion or amused at the insinuation she had been hiding. Hiding? No way.

The firm and friendly manner of Srina was evident; she wanted to talk and so she was here to talk. She didn’t know the Jedi, but she made introductions. There was no hesitancy, no waiting in the background. No thinking or deliberating about how she could be perceived.

Yuroic excused himself, another effortless compliment that made Stephanie look away and wave her hand to him.

”A pleasure, Master Yuroic. And be gone with these compliments, I’ll get a big head otherwise.”

The music continued and the atmosphere had peaked at a continuous drone of chat, laughter, conversation and some singing. Stories were being swapped, compliments paid, evaluations on the food and dress-sense of guests. Stephanie rubbed her hands around each other and held them before her as she looked back to Srina.

”I never thanked you for the subtle support you showed before our Masters, the other week. So, thank you. I welcome you here to our little corner of the galaxy, and I am very glad you have joined us.”

She leant back a little and gestured with her hand to the dress the apprentice wore.

”You look very nice. Tell me, is your Master here also? I’m not really used to these things. This is my first. If you want to eat or drink, please feel free, it’s all here for you. Are you well?”

The barrage of questions came quickly, but with her unmistakable air of innocence.

You can do it. You can do it.

Kira sat on the edge of her bed, working up the nerve to stand and leave her dormitory room. She had been in the same spot for the last twenty minutes, fighting a battle between instinct and desire. She thought back to her time spent on Voss, and how she would avoid social interaction whenever possible. It only made it easier at first. I didn't go out because I didn't know anybody, but how will I ever meet people unless I try? Maybe if I had tried I would have had a reason to go out.

She took a deep breath and made to stand. Don't go, it's not safe-, she took her head to the side quickly to silence the intrusion. I'm going.

Kira gave a final look at herself in the mirror. She wore a simple black tunic over a long sleeved shirt with dress pants. He hair was combed and up in a ponytail, a rarity. Her utility belt rounded out the outfit, though her saber was nowhere to be found on it. It looked a little silly with everything else put together, but she felt more comfortable with it.

She turned away from the mirror before she could create more excuses to stay home, and left her room. The walk to the Silver Rest felt like only a few seconds, and the next thing she knew she was standing in the center of the vast main hall.

Everyone was talking and mingling, and it seemed to her that she was the only one who had come along. Though that couldn't possibly be true. Could it? She wasn't sure. Kira made her way over to the bar and asked for whatever the man before her had just ordered. It tasted sour, and left her scrunching her noise, but it did the trick. She sauntered off to the side and leaned against a pillar.

Kira scanned the room as she sipped her drink, looking for an opportunity to introduce herself to someone. Anyone.

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
When the Torguta asked how Valkren saved his life, Jerit remembered the battle of Ord Radama. It was utter chaos, all the screaming, flying body parts, the smoke... Just remembering it gave Jerit's heart some skips in its beat. But nonetheless, he survived and was proud he did. He told his new friend what happened during the battle.

"I'm not the one usually to get in trouble, unless I am drinking dumb." He revealed a big fat smile. "I was behind a tank when being covered by enemy fire. I was trying to help so I got out and tried deflecting some of the fire. Someone got me in the leg and I probably would have lost it if it weren't for Valkren. Master Kitra helped me as well. She is powerful healer. I am very lucky both of them were there during the peak moment of my stupidity."

The boy smiled and let out a chuckle. Although the battle brought bad bad memories, it was still a treat to remember how cocky he was. The most comedic thing is that it never changed, except for the drinking.

After asking the female padawan her name, she answered with Asaraa Vaashe. That was a nice name. Jerit will sure remember it.

"Since you are new to the order, who is your master?" It was kind of an out of the blue question but Jerit was very curious to see who was training Asaara, just to maybe get an insight on who she may become as a Jedi in the future.

Jerit also sensed someone familiar. He turned and noticed his friend, [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] , was sitting rather far from he and Asaraa. Jerit gave him a wave and a showing of his drink.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

With her welcome speech out of the way, Valae pushed out a relieved breath. She never really liked speaking in front of people, but sometimes it was just called for. The music resumed, a bit louder than before to allow for dancing. As she stepped down off the stage, she smiled at the sight of pairs already moving out to the dance floor. She would certainly need to have a dance with [member="Jake Daniels"] tonight.

Before she could get very far, a Mon Calamari man stepped up to speak with her.

“Hi there,” She echoed his greeting. “Yes, I must say… I am mighty pleased with the turn out tonight.”

The tall frame of a friend caught her attention for a brief moment. Valae smiled and gave a small wave to [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], she would have to say hello. But for now, she turned back to the Mon Calamari before her, and motioned for him to walk with her through the crowd as she started back towards the spot where Jake was waiting for her.

“I don’t think we’ve met before, I’m Valae Kitra.” She said, offering the man her hand to shake, and she left a small pause for his own introduction. “Did you have very far to travel to get to Kashyyyk?”

[member="Rick Kaloo"]

“Sounds like you got really lucky there, if they hadn’t been there it coulda gone a lot worse, I know that from experience. Though I have to admit, I’m kinda glad they were there to haul your ass out of the fire, otherwise I don’t think I’d have had such a good time at this party. We all need someone to come give us a helping hand from time to time, especially if we’re doing something stupid…just try not to do that too often hmm? I don’t have that many friends here and I’d hate to lose one of them.”

The young woman grinned at her new friend before she took the moment to glance over at Valkren before following [member="Jerit Kolomor"]’s gaze over to the Jedi settling at the bar raising her glass to the man in greeting.

“Another friend of yours?”

The question was asked with a smile, though the man’s next question drove that from her face as the Padawan seemed to waver on the edge of folding inwards for a moment.

“I…lets say I’m between master’s at the moment.”

The young woman looked down into her glass, her wrist making a small motion, swirling the glass around as she bit her lip, teeth working at the soft flesh. She could see her reflection in the surface of the whiskey, the image broken up by the swirling waves of liquid.

[SIZE=11pt]“My master died while we were on a mission, a peaceful milk run that went…more than a little wrong. I wasn’t in the best of ways after that…figured it was my fault, I wasn’t fast enough or good enough to help and he got killed protecting me. I barely made it out of that alive…but I thought I could do some good here, maybe make up for it, to help save someone if I couldn’t save him. I don’t want to see anyone else die, not if there is any chance I can save them. I haven’t yet found a new master but,” she glanced around the reception before smiling at her friend, “a couple of people have agreed to step in to help me train until I find someone willing to take me on."[/SIZE]

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

St0rmSlaSh

Asaraa Vaashe said:
“Sounds like you got really lucky there, if they hadn’t been there it coulda gone a lot worse, I know that from experience. Though I have to admit, I’m kinda glad they were there to haul your ass out of the fire, otherwise I don’t think I’d have had such a good time at this party. We all need someone to come give us a helping hand from time to time, especially if we’re doing something stupid…just try not to do that too often hmm? I don’t have that many friends here and I’d hate to lose one of them.”
That comment made Jerit very happy, and it wasn't just the whiskey. He was happy that he had made a friend along with the others he already knows. To him, Asaraa seems that she will become a fearless Jedi someday and he could not wait for that. He heard her comment on [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]. Jerit turned back and met Asaraa's eyes.

"Old friend of mine. I met him at the Voss Academy when I was still a newcomer to the order. He is a good man!" Jerit took another punch at his drink after a while in between. He felt lighter than usual and his vision was just a little blurry. Nothing too bad... yet. It felt like he was in space, just floating into oblivion not giving a kark about the galaxy. He estimated that he was not fully drunk, but maybe more than halfway? Maybe, although he was not very certain or even on the same mental level as everyone in the party right now.

He also listened on how Asaraa was between masters and that her's died. He could relate with his father's death. But at least there are people willing to take her on as a new apprentice.

"I'm sorry about what happened to your Master. I can relate. Although I am happy that people are willing to take you as a student. You will be an exceptional candidate for any master. Always remember that life always comes out of death. It's a saying my Father told me and it's true, at least to what I have seen."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.”, Srina responded to the Head Librarian, but, before she could make any other inquiries or say anything further the Jedi Knight dismissed himself. Silvered were silent as they followed his departure, calculating and analytical, as only Echani trained eyes could be. They softened several degrees as they returned to Padawan Swail. “Forgive me for chasing off your friend.”

“That was not my intention.”

The snowy-haired apprentice let her admission sink in for a moment but it didn’t seem that she would need to wait long for the dark-eyed woman to excuse her indelicacies. Padawan Swail thanked her for her support during the diplomatic summit and her lips curved into a small smile. “You needn’t thank me for that dear Padawan. Our masters… For all of their greatness can occasionally miss what is right beneath their noses. Your hesitation was palpable.”

“It would have been a miserable meeting for you to remain that way for the entirety of our visit.”

Srina glanced down at the feminine and sophisticated mermaid gown that the Vicelord’s attendants had procured for her. It was among one of the most modest that had been presented. Even still, there was a plunging neckline that was only made satisfactory by a triangle of translucent fabric that gave the illusion of propriety. The back swept low and picked up beneath her shoulder blades with crisscrossing fabric that formed a mock corset. The rest was a lost cause. A crystal dotted, however flattering, embellishment ridden sign of sensuality and status.

The slender woman was used to wearing little because she was Echani. It was culturally acceptable and expected not to overdo it with layer upon layer of fabric. It hindered movement. Srina was mostly put out because there wasn’t anywhere on her person to hide a sword. Absentmindedly she twirled the plain silver ring that she wore on her index finger. At least she still had that. “You are too kind. My Master is present…”, she trailed off, pointing vaguely in the direction she had left him in. “He is visiting with one of his children and I thought it best to give them space. In my limited experience, they are not always fond of me.”

Srina smiled at the barrage of questions that followed from the Padawan. She was innocent in a way that the apprentice could only envy. So many things had happened, especially lately, that could have crushed the light and hope inside of a lesser being. Still, she had a glimmer of goodness that seemed unassailable. “Walk with me?”, she questioned, and began to elegantly lead the way along the outer edge of the hall, so that at least if they wanted to stop and get something to eat, or drink, they could. It was also better than standing still.

“My first gathering of this nature turned out to be…”, Srina trailed off softly, dual-toned voice carrying a glimmer of humor. “Not what I expected. It was for something we call the Golbah Games. I was told to expect a show of combat and battle prowess. Instead, I watched the best the Confederacy had to offer duel with day-old baguettes.”

Her smooth countenance was silent as they passed by people drinking and talking about miscellaneous things but silvered eyes showed the humor she was trying to convey. “I’ve been well. There have been some unfortunate skirmishes as of late…But nothing I can’t handle. I still have much to learn from my Master but we have been making progress that I am pleased with.”

Hopefully, she would soon have a lightsaber to call her own.

“And you? How do you fair in the life of a Padawan?”

[member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Yuroic could see that Jerit was being intoxicated. Facing the bartender, he gave a subtle gesture and whispered to them. "Give the male Padawan over there some water. Don't need him drunk and possibly throwing up." He knew that it wouldn't look good for Jerit if he made a fool of himself in front of the female Padawan.

Ordering himself, his final drink for the evening. Yuroic looked around the hall, few were dancing but there was plenty of mingling. He was glad that Stephanie was engaged in a conversation with an outsider, it was good to have connections outside of the SJO. Especially if times became tricky. However, Yuroic was being cautious of the obvious dark presence of Metus. He was not as keen to be friendly with him as others were.

Standing, Yuroic wandered slightly aimlessly as he thought on what the Archives could have to liven themselves up. It always seemed dull and intentionally boring. However, it was a place for studying and learning so some serious was necessarily injected.

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
With a little nod, Stephanie turned in with Srina to begin their walk around the hall. Skirting along the edge was always best in some places, but you often caught the attention of those people watching from the side. Here, though, there were too many people eating, drinking and being merry to bat an eye at a brunette Padawan and silver-haired apprentice making chit-chat.

Stephanie didn't know Srina at all, but she had felt that often correct gut instinct that served her well. The emotional baggage people carried. It wasn't strong, nor under control, but something in the girl's voice hinted at a darker past, a murky road taken to where she was now, all gleaming and radiant and totally in control.

"Oh, I'm good, thank you. Let me say first I'm sorry you've had hard times recently. Rest assured if you ever face hardship in future, you won't be alone. I think our Masters did a very good job of cementing relations, don't you? We are learning from the best!"

She smiled again and rubbed her hands together at the food coming up on their right. She slid a hand forward and picked up a small punnet green grapes.

"Help yourself," she said, pulling one off and popping it in her mouth. "Things are good here for me, I think. I've been away for a while meeting others, and it's been tough. But I feel safe here, you know? Sometimes I feel I try too hard to be somebody I want to be so badly, and in doing so make myself look a fool. It's embarrasing, and stupid."

Another grape went in, crunchy and a tang sour. Hazel eyes looked up at the triangular windows over the opening where people continued to mingle. Kashyyyk was nothing but peaceful, at times more so than Voss. The nature around them seemed to bathe Stephanie in constant currents of the Force, and she felt in touch at all times.

"Are you staying here long or passing through? If you're making the best of it I can show you around the Silver Rest or the surrounding area if you've not had chance? Not now though, I see many are fascinated by you." She smiled and leaned in to Srina. "Who's the mystery silver-haired woman talking with the Padawan? I wonder if I can ask her to fance? I wonder if she is a Master? Does she want a drink?"

The Padawan chuckled, feeling a little enjoyment creep in.

[member="Srina Talon"]

Kat noticed that Kira walked in, looking as uncomfortable as she felt herself. Walking over to Kira, she spotted another Echani, and while part of her was curious as to meet another Echani, she decided to remain focused on her original plan. There would also be time later to speak to someone of her race later. Or maybe they would duel, allow their true expression of language speak out. Though from the brief glimpse of Srina, she looked like Force User, possible that her Echani training as be under used to the Lightsaber combat Force Users use.

When she neared Kira, her mind was a million miles away so she shook her head and gave a friendly smile. Or at least tried to. It was difficult to look friendly when she wasn't that friendly really. Too busy working to make friends. However, she felt a pang of empathy, at least she assumed it was, and wanted to see what it would lead to if acted on.

"Um.. uh..." Kat stammered for a few seconds, unsure what to say. Shit, she thought, too long now and you stupid! Kat turned around without saying a word. Embarrassment crept on her pale face.

No, no, you have meet and greet new people! Need to make friends! Kat could hear her sister shouting in her head. The thought was right. At the moment only people she spoke to were family. And family were moving on with their lives and being more distant.

Turning swiftly back around. "Hi... I wish my sister let me wear trousers. She insisted I put on thiz stupid dress. Feel like an idiot..." Kat commented, reminding herself to tell her sister off for making her wear a dress when she could have worn trousers.

[member="Kira Novak"] | [member="Srina Talon"]

Calderon watched as Roona's hands flicked to his neck tie, re-adjusting the poor job he did at tightening it around his neck. It was strange to have the slightest bit of human contact that wasn't someone throwing the stock of their weapon at Valkren's jaw. It felt nice to know that someone cared as much as to straighten out his appearance, as he knew he wasn't quite the looker without a beard covering most of his scarring.

The feeling faded only slightly when her hands retreated from him, the smile returning after her statement about his looks, and then the drink. He was happy to hear he was not the only one that would prefer a different beverage at this moment. He looked down to the frosted glass in his own hand, taking a quick sip that was more leaning towards a gulp of the champagne before giving it a taste test in front of Roona.

The colonel soon nodded his head, "I think you're right on that one..Think that bar over there has the good stuff?" He referenced in the direction behind Osmari, right over her shoulder.

He wanted to ask her to dance, or to just sit with him.

Slow down there, farmboy.

After a quick glance at the area around the bar, he spotted several familiar faces. One of the most prominent was Jerit, one of the padawans that ran with his unit on Radama, and a good friend of his. Seemed like the bar was the right move after all, and perhaps the dance would come at a later time in the night.

[member="Roona Osmari"] | [member="Jerit Kolomor"]

Rick Kaloo

R
Valae Kitra said:
But for now, she turned back to the Mon Calamari before her, and motioned for him to walk with her through the crowd as she started back towards the spot where Jake was waiting for her. “I don’t think we’ve met before, I’m Valae Kitra.” She said, offering the man her hand to shake, and she left a small pause for his own introduction. “Did you have very far to travel to get to Kashyyyk?”
Rick walked along with the woman and replied, "Indeed, it was a long jump. But I knew that and planned ahead, so I landed on Kashykk a few hours early. I took some time to absorb myself in the wonderful fauna here, let all my stress free. Eventually I made my way over here, and here I am now."

He took a breath, and then continued, "I almost forgot about introducing myself, how rude of me. I'm Rick Kaloo, head of Ne-Cal Military Engineering, an arms company aligned with the Galactic Alliance. As part of this, I am a captain in their navy. I lost my old flagship, Defiance, in the Alliance invasion of Hoth, but I have improved on getting over it. A new flagship is in its final stages of construction right now in the Ne-Cal docks."

"I came here to forget about the war, the effects my decisions have on my business, and so much more. Those thoughts will come back to me eventually, and I will learn to burden them, but for now, it is a better time to make friends and enjoy myself."

[member="Valae Kitra"]

“You might be onto something there,” the young woman allowed, “It’s just…hard to see that sometimes. It’s hard to let go of the hurt, everyone keeps telling me that emotions can get in the way, but I don’t know how I’d push myself further, push it harder without the drive, the pain pushing you forward. It’s…kinda like an old friend now, I think it’s all that gets me up in the morning sometimes.”

A soft smile touched the Togruta’s lips as she glanced over at the man, his words a welcome balm even if she had only met him a few minutes ago. “Thanks, I hope so, it’d be nice if that were true, to be a Padawan to a Master again.” A brave grin pulled at the corners of her lips, “but either way, I’m gonna be the best I can be, even if I have to get a million different masters to train me. That said...you know I think I kinda like it here, nice people, and I dunno a cause that I can get behind. So,” she tipped her glass in his direction, “that’s a lot about me but what about you? Who’s your master, anyone around here?” Asaraa couldn’t help herself as she peered around wondering what Jerit’s master might look like.

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

St0rmSlaSh

While Jerit was attentively listening to what Asaraa had said, and all he could do was relate although in small bits. He understood it was hard to let go of the hurt and how everyone says that those emotions clouds his vision and so on. Like Asaraa, he uses those emotions to push himself through life. He didn't want to let his Father down. He wanted to be a Jedi capable of bringing balance to the force. But he had to learn to let go and to be one with himself. That's why he drinks so he can forget a lot of emotions that regularly run through him and so he can forget about his Father and Mother dying in front of him when he was a small boy.

But now he was happy that Asaraa was motivated and how she said that she is gonna be the best. It helped Jerit know he can change things now that he possibly lifted Asaraa's spirit. And then she asked the question. If Jerit had a master. He also felt a glass of water hit his hand. He looked up and saw the bartender look at him with his acute eyes.

"Order from the man over there. Don't drink so much because I don't wanna clean up after you Jedi." The bartender pointed towards [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]. Jerit gave him a smile and took a gulp of the water. He then responded to Asaraa's question.

"I, uh, don't have a master as well. I used to though. But I took a break from everything. The Jedi, the order, all of it. I needed to think and I guess alcohol was the only thing I picked up after that to help me get through this I guess."

Boy did that water hit the spot. If Jerit had drank any more booze, he would have passed out on the counter. Thank the force for Yuroic.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Snagging a Mon Calamari puff for himself Averin pops into his mouth and chews thoroughly. Unlike his darling wife, he knew how to eat the exotic dish, grinding the still live crabs with his molars to get the sweet crab meat to pop in his mouth. They were actually quite the delicacy if you had the stomach for them. Averin who'd traveled all across most of the known Galaxy, or at least he said he had, knew how to appreciate less than normal cuisine. Sometimes you just had to eat what was in front of you regardless of how your stomach roiled at the thought. Better than starving most of the time.

"Well, it's too late for anyone to think we are uninvolved."

He points out since they were lingering in the intimate embrace. "Which is good, I'd hate to have to punch some upstart Padawan or Jedi Knight in the mouth for making a move on you... Without my express permission." He teases her lightly as he spins her from his arms. "I am going to go see to the punch. You see what trouble you can stir, just remember to keep it to fun trouble dear." He says as he swaggers off towards the refreshments. As he makes his way towards the table he absently scans about the room and the positions himself in such a way to block what he is doing from easy sight. He dumps the flask of Absinthe into the non-alcoholic punch bowl with one hand while the other deftly scoops up a few little treats. The whole move was rather seamless and he walks away without lingering long enough to raise anyone's suspicions.

[member="Lola An'Arach"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom