Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eat, Drink & Be Merry

The drinking contest was intruded upon by a man sliding out of the crowd with a wry grin on his face. He moved with smooth assured steps and he appeared to be carrying an empty serving tray. This he sets down on the table as he leans down to check on the prone woman. No introduction, no acknowledgment of the other two men until he is sure she is alright. Scooping her up into his arms, one around her shoulders the other under her knees, the man lifts with his legs rising smoothly lifting Lola with little trouble.

"Gentlemen, thank you for keeping my wife entertained on this lovely evening." He extends his right leg and gives them a jaunty, if slightly awkward, bow by dipping his body low while keeping his back straight due to his burden. "I hope she wasn't too much trouble but seeing as she is now indisposed I believe I'll be taking her home." Giving them a jovial smile and he turns to leave, weaving through the crowd with surprising grace despite carrying a full grown woman in his arms.

[member="Lola An'Arach"] | [member="Ellidar Pertho"] | [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

After Ellidar's fifth shot, he could not do it anymore. He slammed the glass on the table, almost breaking it. The words he tried to say all came out a blank slurs. "What was going on, am I.." He wondered in his head. The urge to throw up grew worse and worse, to the point where he could not contain it no longer. As Ellidar tried to the sixth shot, he grabbed it, but fell over on the floor, threw up, and the glass shot broke and some fragments got in his arm.

"Ah damn i-" He tried to say regularly with a slur but it didnt come out right.

He stopped there as he passed out on the ground considerably. Ellidar wasn't going to feeling good for a while.

[member="Averin An'Arach"] [member="Lola An'Arach"] [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

OOC: Congrats Kurayami!

Karna chuckled a little when she said not to overload on complimenting a stranger. It was only one compliment though, he scratched his head trying to figure out if he did something wrong. He didn't think jealousy would be the reason. No matter the cause for it he remembered she left him. "I'd overload someone else with compliments if they didn't leave me for the party." he remarked, there was no hostility in his voice. He wasn't asking for an apology because she really didn't do anything wrong. Maybe he was just hurt that she forgot about him.

Chloe? That was Kat's sister if his memory was right, but why did she say her name? She should be missing according to Kat's story, he quickly turned to see what his friend was looking at. Many people came to the party and he didn't know Chloe's face, so he turned back with a sigh. Karna tried forgetting he heard her mention Chloe, since the whole situation was a secret anyways. He wondered why she suddenly called out to her sister's name though.

Kat's curiosity fired up even while under the influence. She was confused by what he said, he held in the laugh but found her questions funny. Settling with a grin instead. "I require hydration just like you. Alcohol is the drinking that I don't usually take part in." he said keeping the grin. Eventually, he might find himself enjoying a drink tonight even if he objected to one now.

Something very quiet came out of Kat, he was worried something was bothering her. Possibly the drink. Karna gently place a hand on one of her shoulders. "Is something wrong?"

She asked Karna if he wanted to meet some Jedi. He listened and learned that Kat knew one of the Jedi. For a moment, he glanced at the young lady she spoke of. Karna grinned. "A padawan in training?" he asked concluding that's why she might not have much power. Kneeling on one knee and going for Kat's hand, he attempted to do something silly, which might earn him a slap. If his plan was successful he'd kiss her hand before speaking and let go after. There was a chance Kat would pull her hand back when he went for it, he would put a hand on his chest and speak if she did. "I'll do anything you desire, Gummie Bear." he said it again for the joke. Karna smiled and waited for his deserving swollen face.

When she talked about her brother, he nodded. Karna's siblings all died as far as he knew, he may have been the last of them actually. Kat had her eyes on something he couldn't see. Still worried, he had a sincere look. "A little brother? He must be a pretty boy with your genetics." he said smiling. It was a compliment but Kat already said before that she knew of her beauty.

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] | [member="Lady Psyona"]

Kurayami was about halfway through the eighth shot when the challenger decided to give the struggling youth terrible advice for someone new to drinking. Or maybe the other guy just didn't have much of a tolerance yet. Wait, those two things seemed suspiciously similar...oh well there was more alcohol that needed drinking. He was finishing off the final shot when the woman seemed to be hit all at once by the alcohol. He went to reach out and try to grab her hand to keep her from falling, but given his current state he missed. Thankfully she managed to grab the side of the table to somewhat stabilize herself for the moment, before telling him he had managed to win. Granted the room was spinning.

"Poor kid...mean I...like I been in his situation before ya know? It was, well it was bad times. Puking never is, so I say gives it more time and more drinks later kiddo and keeps your hea' held high and stuff. You did what you coulds, bu' like you...I mean like, you were up against long time drinkers. Ya dun good."

He continued rambling drunkenly to...well no one really knew. It was clear he was drunk as he had no reaction to being told he had won the ship. This was soon before the man who was apparently her husband came and picked her up off of the floor.

"Wasn' a problm dude. It was...was fun, yea, that. Plus I got's some good drinks outta that whole deal so yea that is good. An' Elli there should be fine soon enough. He jus' had way more than he is used to. Least I think so."

He now did what seemed to be the only sane thing and sat down, leaning back against the bar for support. This was going to be an interesting rest of the night, he could only hope that the hangover tomorrow was not going to be too severe.

[member="Lola An'Arach"] [member="Ellidar Pertho"] [member="Kira Novak"] [member="Kat Decoria"] [member="Averin An'Arach"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
As she suddenly felt very much out of her comfort zone, the party decided to return to the warmth and vibrancy of the hall. Behind them, the drinking contest was in full flow – this wasn’t Stephanie’s usual surroundings.

Parties were few and far between, social events more so, but this was wild. She didn’t drink, she didn’t know how to really mingle and let her hair down, and partly she didn’t want to so soon in trying to make a good impression on the fellows of the Order and her Master [member="Valae Kitra"] above all. Anxiety didn’t help in situations like this, and certainly nor did self-doubt.

[member="Akabane Jarvik"] at least came down with a simple few words from his allies, and the Padawan just wanted to go back in. But now his attention moved onto her, and then asking for a dance? She placed her hand on her face and forced a nervous laugh.

”Oh my goodness, I can’t, I don’t dance, I’m really out of place here!” She turned her body and pointed inside. ”I’m happy to watch those two show us how it’s done for now!”

But where were her manners? She put her hand out to the man.

”Swail. Stephanie Swail, Padawan learner to Grandmaster Kitra of the Silver Jedi. Talk about standing under a very big shadow.”

She picked at her black dress a little awkwardly.

”Come inside, you can’t stay out here. And tell me your name now, and about yourself. Your time with the Confederacy.”

A distraction from the rather dangerous situation that he faced was a good thing.

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Srina Talon"]

Kat finished her drink, the alcohol finally kicking in and making her feel more outrageous than normal. It felt great to not feel shy or unsure of what to do, just be free to go do as she pleased. Seeing her friend follow suit in pushing aside the nervousness that she felt, Kat smiled widely and pulled her in close as they moved to the dancefloor. Dancing close to her friend but not so close that they were rubbing against one another. While she was feeling intoxicated, she was not that intoxicated. She spun Kira around and laughed lightly to herself.

It was weird, having not really found her place within the Silver Jedi Order. It was amazing to find someone she could talk to, understand how she felt. Kat had felt so lonely that she had even considered returning to Echan and her family but now she felt like that was a million miles away. Her robotic legs moved with grace and fluidity that even she was surprised with. Normally they would jitter or make juttering noises. Kat felt embolden and hugged Kira tightly.

"Thank you for tonight!" She whispered loudly to her friend.

[member="Kira Novak"]

[member="Kat Decoria"]

The pair danced the night away. Kira was having a great time, and for the moment had forgotten all her troubles. This is good, she thought, this is what having a friend is like. I wonder if she feels the same way as I do, having finally found someone? She hugged Kat back during the embrace, giving her an awkward smile when it was done. Though everything was going well, she could feel those familiar thoughts and doubts starting to creep back. It's been a long night. Kira looked around as the party was starting to die down.

"Thank you too," she told her, "thanks for not letting me be alone. It was great to meet you, Kat. We'll have to do this again sometime. If you ever need anything, don't forget you have a friend here." She smiled.

Katy, Father's voice roared with the language she remembered from so long, her head turning to find her father seated, holding her in his arms.
oH8Lom.gif
A small smile crept to her face as she heard Karna speak, her head turning to look at him. He said he'd overload someone else with compliments if they didn't leave them for the party. "Who?" She wondered immediately, distracted by the sound of the strong laughter, looking to where she'd seen Father, only to find the him gone. It made her sad, seeing him gone now. A small part of her did know that Father wasn't here. If he was here, everyone would know, that was the presence Father imposed on people by his nature. She looked back to Karna again, giving a small smile to him. At least her friend was here. Grace talked to him, so he must have been really. But then maybe, Grace wasn't real at all so maybe he wasn't either. "Are you real?" Katrine asked out of the blue, looking at him with the question clear in her eyes.

He was so handsome though, Katrine reminded herself as she waited for an answer to her question, her smile growing a little bigger at the thought. "It's okay if you're not, I'd still keep you," she decided in that moment. She'd spent a lifetime with an imaginary friend and that friend pushed her far more than anyone had, driving her to solitude, all with the attempt of destroying who she truly was. As far as imaginary friend went, she'd sooner choose Karna if she had the choice. It was much better for her than Avarisa ever was. Karna answered her question from before but she didn't remember what she'd asked while he talking about requiring hydration same as her but didn't partake in drinking alchol. "How come? Adults drink alcohol. I'm an adult. You're a much older adult." Even if she didnt' remember what she had asked, she did know what to ask next. From behind him, someone turned, making her look to the side, finding her Mother again.
oH8kNO.gif
. She looked dressed up for the party, Katrine realized suddenly and narrowed her eyes watching her. Was Mother back? It was fake, it all had to be fake, she suddenly decided, desperate to protect herself from the let down of her Mother not being back. Against the exposed skin of her shoulder, she felt the sensation of skin, a shiver spreading from the point of contact, her head lowering to look at the end hand before she followed the arm to find Karna looking at her. It was strangely okay for a girl who didn't always like being touched. His touch on her shoulder though didn't tell her if he was real or not, Avarisa could touch her because of their connection, because she was the one who tethered the spirit to this realm, as she had eventually explained. It was what allowed her to destroy her in the end.

Katrine never did answer the question though, her eye searching for someone she had soon forgotten she was looking for. Karna asked about a Padawan in training, making her look back at him, finding him kneeling on the ground. Her eyes widened watching him, not understanding what he was doing. "What are you doing?" She asked almost immediately, watching him kiss her head from where he was kneeling. Despite her confusion, she found herself completely frozen as he did, just watching him, finding the overall thing pretty silly. I'll do anything you desire, Gummie Bear, his words echoed in her head. "Anything?" The blond suddenly perked up, smiling. "Anything? Anything? You're making a big risk there," she finally declared, the smirk quickly turning into a smirk. He didn't know yet she could come up with just about anything, her imagination always running wild.

She'd mentioned Seren though, calling him a pretty boy with her genetics. Katrine nodded firmly. "He is. He has Father's nose, lips and eyes but his face is like Mother's." It made her happy and sad talking about Seren now since the last time she had seen him, he was a teenager. "It's been so long since I've seen him. I miss my pack." The confession came with both happiness and sadness, the previous smirk completely replaced by a sad smile. In a moment, Katrine moved closer to Karna, going for a hug, her cheek resting against her chest. "I'm glad you're my friend, even if you turn out not to be real," she told him quietly.

Katrina, a voice suddenly reached her ears. It was soft but with a thick accent as her name was pronounced wrong. Her head suddenly pulled away. Katrina, ascoltami, a woman's voice called again, Katrine pulling away from Karna to find the source of that that voice. Cerca dentro di te, ascoltami, the voice kept pleading in Paecean. A feeling took over her. Once she had believed was the presence of her imagionary friend but now, Katrine recognized it as something else. "Spirito, chi sei?" Katrine asked out loud, completely separating herself from Karna as she tried to find the source of the voice. But all she could do was hear the voice. Moments passed before the vision came into focus.
oH8Pu8.gif
She appeared in the distance in her green robes, reminding her of old clan robe Nona showed her once in old portraits. But she had never seen this face, her hair long and black and yet, a familiarity existed. Venire! Vedere! The spirit ordered at her, turning her back on her and walking slowly away.

Katrine looked at Karna for a second then back at the woman in green, still seeing her back as her long dress swayed at her movements. "Karna, come on!" She called to him as she began to follow after the spirit in green. As she walked through the ballroom, the sensation of a presence grew. Was the spirit in green giving off more energy than Avarisa or was it something else? Katrine didn't know but she still followed the spirit now, her vision still clear as she made her way across the room, passing the bar and making her way towards, passing beside two women who were standing near by. For a moment, she moved her eyes from the spirit to look at the women. One of them was light skinned, standing there with a drink. Another, with far darker skin, [member="Anastasia Verd"] , held her drink but didn't drink it. In a quick second, the sensation grew, Katrine feeling a shiver against her spine at her before she looked for her spirit again and followed it to the dance floor.

[member="Karna Ramesha"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Darth Metus"]

Karna still didn't know what was on his friend's mind. The drink had to be the cause of it though, since she seemed fine before drinking. When he talked about complementing someone else, Kat asked who that was. He felt hurt a little by the question. Letting out a sigh and pointing at her, he tasted defeat. "You." there was no bitter feeling, he assumed she was just excited to go party. The party was pretty nice so far, he could understand if that was her reason.

He laughed after she asked if he was real, thinking it to be a joke of course. Kat looked very serious when she asked him. Karna was confused, what did she mean? Drink, it's the drink. people say weird things in a drunken stupor, this was one of those cases. He didn't know what was going on in Kat's head so he guessed that was it. She said it was okay if he isn't real, she'd keep him still. Karna smiled, her kind words always put him in a good mood. "You're kinda funny when you're drunk." he said forming a grin. "I'm real. I made you coffee after all."

Alcohol had never been something he developed a habit with. Zorren also aren't supposed to eat and drink some things, although liquor was okay. Kat wondered why he didn't drink alcohol, they were both adults and him an even older adult. "Someone has to chaperone you." he said grinning, using a poor excuse in attempt to prevent himself from getting drunk.

The little prank he pulled might have backfired on him. Kat made sure he knew saying he'd do anything for her was a big risk. He said that without taking a minute to think it through. Well, Kat did warn him the first time they met that he was committing to a lot. Karna grinned while thinking about it, knowing he couldn't go back on his word. "Anything." he repeated with a smile. "Except mass murder." he added this as a joke, at least he hoped she wouldn't ask him to do that.

She started describing her brother, then told him that she missed both him and her pack. Karna sympathized with her situation. He lost family and friends but they are dead. Kat's family was alive but she couldn't reach them for many reasons. In his opinion, that was way more worse than actually losing to death. He could feel her sadness. What? he looked down to see Kat hugging him. She was glad Karna's her friend even if he wasn't real. Not sure how to react, he put his hand on her head and grinned. "I'm real, I swear." it had been so long since the last time someone embraced him, he couldn't find the right emotion.

It was sudden, Kat started saying some words out loud, words he didn't know. Can a drink cause that? he wondered while listening. Karna heard Kat tell him to come on. She had began walking towards something or someone. He went after her. "Dont trip!"

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] | [member="Anastasia Verd"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

"Huh?" he didn't move a muscle. What was this feeling? Shock? Akabane's dance proposal was rejected, he couldn't believe it. Stephanie explained that she didn't dance and was really out of place. Oh that's why. He stood up straight and let his hands fall to his sides. "You might be the first lady to turn down a dance from me." he said grinning halfway. "However you did said for now, milady. We will dance later I presume?" he insisted that they do. Master did give the order.

She introduced herself as Stephanie Swail, a padawan. He held out his hand and shook hers. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Swail." he said with a smile. Akabane heard her talk about standing under a very big shadow after she mentioned the Grandmaster. A joke sounded right about now. "My goodness, how big is your master?" he chuckled. "You mustn't belittle yourself, Miss Swail. I'm sure you'll become an outstanding Jedi Knight." Akabane hoped he said that right.

Akabane started taking slow steps towards the inside with Stephanie. In truth he would've enjoyed feeling the breeze just as much as the party. Disappointing a lady would be his greatest regret though, he continued moving. She wanted to know about him. He'd move his head slightly to look at her. "Oh? Are Jedi allowed to flirt?" he said jokingly. "My name is Akabane Jarvik and I'm one of Darth Metus' apprentices. I'm 25 years old, currently in a relationship with a wonderful woman." he stopped, realizing he messed up. "I should have said it sooner, but your dress looks lovely. Since I know Miss Swail is good at choosing dresses, what about everything else? Enlighten me." he said smiling.

[member="Stephanie Swail"]

Amusement fluttered over pale features at Stephanie Swail’s hesitance to dance with her fellow apprentice. Srina was willing to bet that the Padawan would have been able to face down any number of sithspawn or some other terrifying creature with a straight face. It was comical and heartwarming that the idea of shuffling about in four-four time with someone else left her with cold feet. “Come now you two…Don’t be spoilsports. If I must dance, so must you. If you need something to calm your nerves you can always get a drink on the way…”

Not that she really thought Akabane should have any more liquor. He’d been busy trying to become one with a rather jagged rock face not a few minutes prior.

Thankfully, the mischievous apprentice seemed to at least make an attempt at following their Masters' orders. For the moment Srina pulled the Sith Lord, sans his drink, back inside the main hall. It was too chilly for her out on the balcony, wearing such thin clothing, and she shivered a little when gooseflesh appeared. She didn’t even think about her penchant for ‘getting away with murder’ when it came to Darth Metus. Srina had never minced words, never balked at his title, nor did she prostrate herself at his feet.

He was just a man. A powerful, important individual, but a man nonetheless.

“You can go without your sunglasses, Master. I can hardly walk around without a dress.”, Srina responded very matter-of-factly, the squeeze of his fingers ensuring he wasn’t actually angry with her over such a devastating loss of fashion. The urge to roll her eyes heavenward was extremely hard to resist. Instead, she led the way to the dancefloor, silvery silks swirling like anchored mists about slender ankles.

White-gold hair took on a warmer hue in the presence of firelight and eventually, the little Echani turned to face her Master once they were lost in a sea of swaying people of all colors, shapes, and sizes. Her force sensitivity was strong, uncontrolled, and it made the dancefloor a difficult place for her to be. It was full of sentiment that Srina didn’t fully understand and almost felt more intimate than the most intense of sparring matches. Combat was something she had a solid grasp on. This was different. Overwheming, in the way a glass could be too full, and the liquid spilled right over.

If her Master wasn’t so close by, she might have mirrored Stephanie Swail, and turned into a right-minded wallflower. She tooth strength and security in Darth Metus, leaving her left hand entwined with his, while her right came to rest gently on his shoulder. Srina didn’t speak for a long moment while she attempted to acclimate herself to the swell of feelings and clouded mental states that didn’t belong to her. When she did speak, she exhaled first, silvered eyes peering up through feathered lashes to meet her Masters. “Are you enjoying yourself so far?”

“Or has the loss of a pair of sunglasses stunted a Sith Lord so much that he can’t mingle properly?"

She was teasing him, as usual, but her words were in direct competition with the soft humor in her gaze. Srina excelled in many things, many forms of combat, and many forms of dance. It was a little more complicated on Eshan…But this soft, close, rhythmical motion from side to side would serve its purpose. She never really noticed that they sailed rather easily over the dance floor. Her Master moved and she followed, his motions almost anticipated, so closely were they bound. Srina didn’t simply exist in his orbit on the battlefield. It was everything. He breathed and she breathed. The Force had ensured through ways that she was entirely ignorant of, that she would never be able to forget whom has lifted her from despair. Darth Metus had been presented as an island in an endless ocean of which she would have surely drowned on her own.

Srina moved a little closer when they moved by the bar, pressed together by the sheer number of people in the room, and it was then that her heart stopped. “Oh, no.”, she murmured under her breath, feeling the familiar tug of a vision on her psyche. She was slowly, slowly learning to take control of the Force Sight that plagued her…But every time she thought she was making headway the Force did everything it could to let her know whom, or what, was in charge. Darth Metus would feel the sudden tension in her limbs. See, a familiar distance in her eyes. Her pupils grew and her pulse doubled.

It may give cause for concern. Her visions were not always harmless to the environment around her. Often, what she thought of as a Force tantrum, destroyed the room she was in. Only her Master was left untouched and unharmed. The rest of the people on the dance floor may not be so lucky.

She found herself across the room, looking down at a dress she did not recognize, and hands that were not her own. A familiar voice called to someone named Karna and her memory triggered. Katrine Van-Derveld? Before her stood the daughters of Verd. One with skin of caf and cream. The other much paler. It was Anastasia that held her attention. Katrine turned away, following something, a formed light, but Srina felt her gaze remain. There was something about the voluptuous woman that left her unsettled.

She couldn’t describe it. More accurately, she didn’t have the words. The sable-skinned Verd child turned, just slightly, and Srina caught sight of her face. It was all wrong. A face within a face. She could feel the power of the Mandragora and beneath that something far purer. It was small, just a tiny speck of something, hidden beneath a presence that felt like it could shatter her bones.

‘Help me.’

Srina breathed in deeply when she returned to herself and immediately rest her head against her Master as confusion swept through her. How was what she had seen possible? She looked up at Darth Metus and instinctively her mind began to close itself off, trying to shield him, to keep him from knowing. It was his daughter. Locking her Master out was difficult on many levels. She couldn’t even be sure that it had the desired effect, as his mind was so much stronger, and the attempt left her hands uncharacteristically shaking.

They did not keep secrets. It was an unspoken vow that had brokered unlimited trust. Yet, how could she tell him this?

[member="Akabane Jarvik"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] | [member="Karna Ramesha"] | [member="Anastasia Verd"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom