Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eat, Drink & Be Merry

Kat watched the Padawans talking and drinking. It seemed that the male didn't take many till he was drunk, Kat was sure any drink contest that might happen she was gunna be a winner. Unless some Jedi cheated with Force Powers. Leaving the two as they continued what she only assumed was a budding romance, Kat noticed the Colonel talking to what she assumed was his second. Another romance from her eyes, a good suit too. However, parties tended to be where romance was suppose to happen. Why Kat normally avoided them.

She watched as General Valae, at least that was what Jedi were in the army, give her speech. There was a slight pang of jealousy and admiration, she was strong, assertive and often kind from what Kat heard. Perhaps Kat wanted to be like her. But having the Force wasn't her style. Meant giving up the day job and training would be so boring!

Looking at the dance floor, Kat attempted to steer clear. While her legs could be more graceful than most cybernetic ones, dancing wasn't her style. Hell, being in a dress wasn't her style. Looking down, she felt the dress was too short, it covered her knees but Kat preferred a track suit bottom, baggy and breezy. Worst was the lack of her cap. Her dad's cap. Her sister stood her ground on it and swore to protect it, but Kat felt naked without it.

Sitting on a chair, staring blankly into the distant, she took a sip of her drink.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica and Justin smiled to [member="Rick Kaloo"] ,

"Ah. My apologies then Captain Kaloo. And yes. I am indeed a Jedi. Jessica Matthews of the Silver Jedi Order. At your service. And this,.."

Justin smiled, "I'm Justin. Nice to meet you."

Jessica nodded and gave a wave of her hand.

"Hehe. And fear not. We have no interest in any business meetings today. We're just here for the party."

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
Ah. A newcomer. Jerit smiled at that. He is glad that there are more and more newcomers to the Order. He praised the Silver Jedi and was always fond of newcomers. He remembered being a newcomer, although he still is a newbie at this type of stuff. He remembered being at the Voss Temple looking at all the different kinds of aliens and humans alike around him, all uniting to study and adapt to the force as one. It made him fell proud of what he was a part of and what will come next.

He heard her ask a question on how long he has been with the order. He smiled and replied,

"I have been here a good amount of time, but I am still on the skill level as anyone, though I have gone into bat---"

Jerit heard the music stop and that must have meant someone was on stage. He saw a woman and recognized her immediately as Master Kitra. Jerit gave a huge grin towards her as he spoke. He held his glass in his hands while she spoke, feeling the condensation run over the back of his right hand. After the welcoming statement was over, Jerit looked back at to the padawan sitting next to him. The drink was starting to get to him now. He felt a bit drunk. He also forgot what he was talking about.

"I apologize. It seems I forgot what I was talking about. But I don't think it matters. Do you know Master Kitra?"

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Rick Kaloo

R
Jessica Matthews said:
"Ah. My apologies then Captain Kaloo. And yes. I am indeed a Jedi. Jessica Matthews of the Silver Jedi Order. At your service. And this,.." Justin smiled, "I'm Justin. Nice to meet you." Jessica nodded and gave a wave of her hand. "Hehe. And fear not. We have no interest in any business meetings today. We're just here for the party."
Rick let out a sigh and then proceeded to respond.

"That's good to know. Nice to meet you, Jessica and Justin. You two look like you go well together."

Valae Kitra said:
Greetings everyone,” She started, letting the crowd settle. “I would like to thank you for joining us here at Silver Rest tonight to celebrate. But before we let the festivities get underway, I would also like to take a moment to remember those that could not be here with us tonight. We have not forgotten the sacrifices made to ensure that the Order succeeds.” Valae bowed her head solemnly. “And now, please join us to dine and dance.” She nodded towards the feast that was now set up, and the dance floor just before her. “Please enjoy yourselves tonight, thank you!”
At that moment, he remembered that the woman who had just spoken, wherever she was, was the host of the party. He decided it would be a good idea to meet with her, even just for a little bit.

"I guess it's a good idea to go and meet with the host now, I'll leave you two to do whatever you were doing before. Bye!"

He started walking away, heading toward the source of the announcement. It seemed to come from a stage in the background, though he wasn't close enough to see through the crowd and find the host yet. Rick started moving toward the stage, though it was difficult since many other people had the same idea. As he got closer, he saw a brunette woman in a dress on the stage, likely the host. Directly in front of him was a dance floor, filled with people, especially since the announcement. Rick decided to cut right through it, maneuvering carefully between elegant and not-so-elegant dancers. At this point, he had put as much energy into going through the crowds in the party as he would in an one-and-a-half hour business meeting, but adrenaline drove away his tiredness.

At last, Rick passed the dance floor and stepped up onto the stage, where the woman was temporarily not surrounded by a crowd. He took a deep breath when the woman wasn't looking his way, and when he got closer, said the most polite and casual thing that popped up in his mind.

"Hello there. Your party seems to be quite a hit, just look at everyone who came."

[member="Jessica Matthews"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
The Padawan made it to the large hall just before her Master [member="Valae Kitra"] addressed the congregation that was certainly bigger than expected. Stephanie walked into the hall, smiling to one of the aides she knew as they welcomed her in, and she stood silently at the address.

It wasn't drawn out or over the top, but solemn and to the point. Stephanie lowered her head for a moment in the memory of those fallen and those lost in the journey taken to being here today, surrounded by hope and strength with new allies and faces joining their Order and their fight agaisnt tyrannny and the preservation of peace.

The music resumed after an applause, and the aura lifted once more. She looked over and caught sight of her Master, and gave a warm smile and nod of the head in a fun token of appreciation. Seeing her Master dressed like this was a surprise, but a welcome one! The thought must have been similiar, seeing the Padawan out of her usual Hapan gowns.

She hadn't walked far around the hall before one [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] came over with a drink in a frosted flute. She smiled and cocked her head at the Jedi; she knew the face from the archives but had never spoken to him! His welcome was appreciated and very polite, helping Stephanie feel part of things already.

"Hello Yuroic, and thank you!" A raise of the glass and a sip followed. Sweet and fizzy. Nice. "You know, it's not too bad so far, but I can say it's not been easy. I've tried to do my best for her, and for the Order, but you know when you think you've tried TOO hard and it's not worked? Yeah, it makes me worry a little I'm trying too hard. Still. Not the time to unload on you. Cheers!"

Another sip, and she looked over to the two Yuroic was talking about - [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] and [member="Jerit Kolomor"] - and didn't recgonise them.

"Are they new from Kashyyyk? I can't say I recognise them."

Looking around, she was trying to find the Sith Lord's apprentice [member="Srina Talon"] of the CIS. She wanted to see the girl again to try and talk about how she found being an apprentice, but she may not even turn up today at all. Then, a thought came to her, and she looked back to the Jedi.

"Is Master Jardain not here? Aren't you two friends?"

Asaraa had fallen silent as the Grandmaster of the order had called for attention, her glass held lightly in her fingers as she turned to watch the woman talking. The entire room seemed to fall silent, the quiet hanging in the air as everyone’s attention focused on the woman speaking. Her presence seemed to fill the room, her welcoming words filling the room as a smile touched the Togruta’s lips.

It was only after the Grandmaster had finished speaking that she turned back to her companion, her head inclined to the side. “Master Kitra…no I can’t say I’ve ever met her before. I mean I know about her of course, who doesn’t? The grandmaster of the Order, everyone’s heard of her, though you know, she and I kinda move in different circles.” The Padawan swirled her drink around before grinning up at him, “I’ll get there one day though,” she noted with a grin. “So what about you, you said you’ve been here for a while so you must know everyone around here.”

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

So these CIS people hadn’t turned out to be such a bad group to align with. Lola and Averin had made enough credits to purchase their own ship through Muad Dib’s company, The Aegis Corporation, and they did not even have to sell the Holdover. Also the jewels and gems that her husband had stolen from the Kallisto mine helped line the piggy bank so traveling to the Silver Rest on Kashyyyk had been quite an easy trip to afford.

They way it had been described to the young kiffar was that The An’arachs would run goods, spice, arms and other contraband in and out of Confederacy space in an effort to make these surreptitious trade deals untraceable back to the CIS or the independent worlds that had commissioned the routes.

But that’s not why they were on Kashyyyk. This was Silver Jedi Order space and they had to be on their best behavior.

The large wooden A-frame type ceiling lofted above multiple rows of pristine, white tableclothed place settings. Lola felt slightly under-dressed in a floral sundress, but it could have been worse. The kiffar pirate would have worn her leather tunic which, at the moment, smelled like an unwashed bantha. Not to mention, Lola knew no one but Averin, although she would feel guilty clinging to him all evening. She supposed she could mingle, but as she chewed upon her bamboo pipe - incongruous with her feminine gown - Lola was more in the mood for mischief than make small talk with strangers.

[member="Averin An'Arach"]

The exact deal was a bit of funding for Averin & Lola and a lot of looking the other way. Essentially, they were privateers for the Confederacy. They weren't officially sanctioned but if another faction came along and asked about them then the Confederacy would claim to have never heard of them. Even if he and Lola were in their space at that time and the Confederacy knew. This would hold up as long as the two young pirates didn't cause too much of a problem which suited Averin just fine. Space you could hide out in where people couldn't casually send ships to look for you was good for a pirate.

What he didn't quite know was why their deal with the Confederacy had lead to them attending a party hosted by The Silver Jedi. Not that Averin minded, crashing parties had been bread and butter when he was younger. You slip in integrate yourself then slip to the side and rob the place blind. Which wasn't the goal today although if the opportunity came up... No, that might cause issues with the Confederacy and their new ally. So he'd avoid robbing the place. However, much like his wife, he was thinking that perhaps a bit of mischief to get the party going wouldn't be amiss.

Wrapping an arm around her waist he whispers into her ear. "What do you think love, start with spiking the punch and then see what else we can do to make things interesting?" He had a flask of Hutt absinthe in his pocket that would get people drunk and seeing things, would probably be pretty amusing.

[member="Lola An'Arach"]

“There is no need to apologize, Mon Cheri’.” Jake said in response to her apology. “I came off a bit weird due to my own insecurities. You can call me as you wish.” He gave his Lioness a reassuring smile. A bigger grin crossed his face when she addressed the droid. Seemed as though her taste in music for these events were not far off from his own. Techno? Really? Valae called out to another gentleman, one Daniels was unfamiliar with. There were just so many people the man didn’t know. For a trained guardian that was highly unnerving.

She pointed out several people in response to his inquiry. She went through a quick rundown of names. [member="Valkren Calderon"] caught Jakes eyes for a moment. Though Jake didn’t know the man persay, heresay said he was a great soldier within the ranks of the Silvers. Daniels wondered if the man would have better luck with ole’ Grey Hair of the Wookies in an arm wrestling match than he did. She mentioned padawan [member="Jerit Kolomor"]. Then a Countess by the name of [member="Leah Winsclav"]. Jake wondered what she was Countess of. Then there was [member="Stephanie Swail"]. Valae had mentioned her before though Jake had never met the woman himself. She was smart. Quick on her feet and loyal to her Master. Traits that were a rarity in Jakes time. With how highly [member="Valae Kitra"] spoke of her, Daniels couldn’t help but appreciate the woman.

When she pecked his cheek and ascended to the platform to give a few words, Jake took a step away. He watched her as she eloquently spoke in few words what would have taken Jake a novel to describe. She thanked those who came and gave a moment of silence for those whom have lost their lives. She was a true diplomat. Honest words with pure intention. It was astonishing she wasn’t a Senator given how well liked she was by those around her.

When she finished her words but before Jake could approach, the was momentarily cut off by a Mon Calamari whom wanted to thank Valae for the evening. Taking a step back and away so as to not easedrop on the conversation, Jake waved off a waiter with a plate of champagne glasses. It was rare, incredibly rare, for Jake to have alcohol. The only times he had were out of cultural obligation.

Leaning against a back wall, Jake spotted a trio of people sitting at a table in deep conversation. A twi’lek, human, and togruta. His friends had decided to make a little appearance of their own. Unlike Jake, they had no obligation towards alcohol of any kind; especially if it was free. He chuckled before turning his gaze to the others around him. This event did bring back a lot of memories. How were balls and dances handled in Jakes time? As a means of social conquest. To build ties, to create alliances, to forge plots, and to come up with ideas to screw over others… figuratively and of course literally. It was odd to be in an event consumed with the lightside. No malice. No malcontent. It was peaceful.

So as to not smother Valae, and knowing that many others would want to speak with her, Jake remained where he stood. His eyes simply going from one face and towards another.

At this point, it wasn't long before he had a drink in his hand. He had decided calming his nerves might help him here, even if he was already regretting showing. Why his confidence had decided to fail him here and now, he would never be able to tell you. He did see people that he knew, including [member="Stephanie Swail"], [member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Douglas Starwind"] and [member="Dusaro Dresari"] but they all seemed rather occupied and he felt it impolite to interrupt whatever it was they were doing. He knew that a point of this whole thing was to make new acquaintances, but for the life of him, he never seemed good at that. These... Parties, were never his style and he'd mostly walked in due to his worries concerning Valae's safety. Though with that man with her, she seemed plenty fine. As for the predicament that left him in... Serves him right for spending much of his time outside of missions being solitary for so many years, he supposed.

He listened to Valae's speech in silence, before grabbing and pouring himself a drink. Might as well at this point, maybe a little bit of liquid courage would keep him from just standing there awkwardly and maybe try to proceed with the point of this whole thing. Because apparently he had found a weakness he didn't know if he could overcome - social anxiety.

The pipe now in her hand, Lola had just popped a Mon Calamari cream puff into her mouth and squealed with delight as Averin came up behind her, hands around her waist, breath warm in her ear. Until she realized that the cream puff was stuffed with small, wriggling and still-alive crabs and then as delicately and gracefully as she could she spit out the offending hors d'oeuvre out of her mouth and into a napkin. Nose still wrinkled, she said, “Sure. If anything it will be punishment for serving their guests something as heinous as that.” She balled up the napkin and toss it into a nearby garbage bin.

“These Jedi are allies, and they seem to be celebrating some kind of homecoming. I suppose if I needed to I could pretend I was a padawan who was interested in recruitment. Do you think we should stay together or will we cover more ground if we split up?”

Remorse was just not a concept Lola had embraced especially growing up in the strict Wynn household. If anything her trade mogul father had taught her it was to take what was rightfully yours and for Torm that meant anything and everything. Besides, her party manners could only get her so far tonight. As a youth her stepmother Ianthe tried to instill the proper etiquette into the wild kiffar girl, but she took great pleasure in eschewing what she’d been taught and continuing to fail miserably at things like table manners much to the delight of her father who found her contrarian nature rather spunky.

[member="Averin An'Arach"]

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
Asaraa Vaashe said:
“So what about you, you said you’ve been here for a while so you must know everyone around here.”
Jerit turned and surveyed the entirety of the banquet. He looked around and saw a lot of familiar people and a lot of newcomers as well. He saw the Sith as well. He absolutely hated them, even if they did not pose a threat. He let the feelings of intense hatred go and he looked over and saw [member="Valkren Calderon"] in formal wear. Jerit gave a slight snort. Yup, he was drunk now. But he just could not marvel seeing his battle hardened friend wearing something so... clean. It both terrified and mesmerized Jerit. But now he had to try to still function like a normal person and talk with his new friend. He turned back around and stated,

"Uh, ya! I see a man by the name of Valkren Calderon over there. He practically saved my life once. I owe him my life." Jerit let out a small burp, probably nothing too noticeable while he pointed over at Valkren's direction so the Torguta can see him in the mass amount of people mingling. He then semi-slurred,

"Speaking of which, I don't think we have introduced our names huh? Name's Jerit Kolomor... A pleasure... to meet you." Sithspit, he's in trouble now unless he executes his inner trick. His mind was divided into two. one side was too lazy to use the force to make him seem less the drunk, but the other treated it as a life goal...

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Douglas Starwind

Head of Fire, Heart of Gold
Doug had been standing around quietly minding his own business while leaning against a wall. Everything was so... Loud. So many chattering voices going about their conversations about varying topics he could not entirely discern. Much like thy dear Master [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], he too was feeling a bit of a struggle actually trying to get himself away from the wall to talk to people. A literal wallflower and his arms and legs were the roots. It was never quite his specialty to get out there either... He heard a booming voice coming from the Grandmaster, Valae Kitra, speaking into a microphone, which caught his attention for a moment.

Remembrance, a time for celebration and dance, all that stuff... Nope. Leaning against a wall was more fun obviously. He gritted his teeth slightly and muttered some self-criticism towards himself for this... Likely odd display, before looking back down at the ground in continuing silence.

As he was going about his thoughts, he suddenly heard a feminine voice speaking to him. This startled him as he jumped slightly and looked to see who it was. A woman... Brown hair, slightly shorter than him, wearing a rather elaborate uniform rather than any sort of dress clothing, and drinking some wine (and eight years his senior apparently). He did not feel any sort of Force signature coming off of her. Whoever she was, she had bowed politely to him and was making some small talk about the environment of Kashyyyk.

"Oh... Um..." He uttered, offering his own half-bow towards her and then cleared his throat. "Yes. Yes. You are right. It's... Pretty different from the places I've seen so far as well." He replied politely with a small nod. He wasn't lying when he said that. It was fairly different compared to Tatooine, Voss, Tython, and so on... Well, such a topic was better than nothing to start with he supposed.

[member="Aya Clarke"]

Tanasuki just gave a playful shrug at his mother’s words, he did not really care what people thought of his attire or looks, it made life more interesting and made certain missions easier, but he did get the idea, at the very least Kurenais clothing where meant for a woman. Finally, the two came to the open hall where all the guest had arrived, the entire placing being packed full of Jedi, Sith soldiers and pretty much anyone that had a reason to be here, too bad Tana did not really know anyone that well, he put a hand to his forehead and scanned the multitude of people, trying to zone out those that he knew, or at least had seen before, the young man’s brown eyes locking onto a head of familiar hair, that of [member="Douglas Starwind"].

"Oh, mother let me introduce you to a friend of mine", he pulled on Kurenai arm as he led her towards the young man, who seemed to be slightly distracted by some woman as he stood beside two other male Jedi, one that held a superior air about them, most likely the master, the other looking oddly familiar, his appearance like that he had heard of before somewhere. Trying to be sneaking Tana crept up behind Douglas, getting close to his ear, "Oh my, you seem embarrassed about something, or do you just get cold feet while talking to woman"?

[member="Dusaro Dresari"] l [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] l [member="Aya Clarke"]

Kurenai gave Tanasuki a quizzical look at the mention of a friend, she just hopped her son had found someone slightly more normal them himself, or had not goaded the person in to becoming friend, "well I just hope t- hey, no need to pull on my arm". She often forgets that Tanasuki was still only 17, yet to outgrow many of his child like tendencies, though at lest it meant he had a child hood, unlike many others in the war-torn galaxy.

As she was pulled though the crowd her eyes landed on the group which they were headed towards, like her son, Kurenai could only make out on familiar person, [member="Aya Clarke"], one of the generals in the CIS army who she had served under during the several missions and battles. Upon getting in arms reach with Tana she two found something familiar about the son of the Padawan’s, his appearance being like the person Sukai had describe during their last call session, and from what she could gather, he was not human, the light-yellow skin... what race had that again?

While trying to remember she failed to notice Tanasuki and his rather rude act of whispering into Douglas's ear, earning a face palm from his mother, 'why, the first thing he does after I told him not to do anything silly'. She places a hand on Tana shoulder, giving him a stern stare before offering the man a slightly apology, "Forgive my son here, he is not used to formal events, on another note it is nice to see you Miss Clarke".

[member="Douglas Starwind"] l [member="Dusaro Dresari"] l [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] l [member="Aya Clarke"]

You are not a complete heathen Master...

The heck he wasn't. Although sitting down at the table with the Grandmaster might have changed a single perspective, he was still a Sith in a ballroom full of Jedi. He was still cut from the same cloth as those who had fought back on Mirial. And while Valae and her apprentice might not have been quick to judge, Darth Metus did not know anyone else from the Silver Jedi on a personal level. And thus, he had worn his sunglasses at night - not in a vain attempt at looking swagtacular, but rather a meager effort in concealing the sulfur which colored his eyes.

But, [member="Srina Talon"] was having none of it.

In that playful, lovely, "you already know I'm getting away with this" tone of voice did she pluck away his sunglasses and cast them into the void. Metus didn't even bother looking back to see where they had ended up - for he knew it was a lost cause. But...when the young woman returned to his side he smiled regardless. His Apprentice looked radiant - an alabaster divinity to offset his quiet shadow. She stuck out at his side, like the moon piercing the night sky. And for a moment, he thought they'll likely pay more attention to her than to me.

When they had finally entered the Hall in earnest, with Metus claiming a beverage for himself, his plus one then fiddled with his lapel. It wasn't due to it being crooked, but rather so she could mutter a quiet caution. A small chuckle escaped him. "Can't be caught getting absolutely trashed at a Jedi Temple." he joked. "The Galaxy would think we 'Feds are lightweights." However, despite the jest in his tone, his knuckles gently brushed the side of her arm. A sign of reassurance. He wouldn't jeopardize her safety over a few beverages.

Then came the Captain herself [member="Nyx"] Verd. And for a moment, the Sith could see her mother in her. Despite the complaints which fell from her lips, she looked beautiful. "Come now Captain, every officer needs at least one dress uniform. This one is yours." he began. "Besides, you can steal a new gun from my lockup when I'm not looking."

Srina, ever the proper one, made a neat introduction. Her words were polite, as the Sith had come to expect from the Echani. However, her presence was to be very brief - as she now excused herself to venture into the party, seeking [member="Stephanie Swail"]. "By all means, enjoy yourself!"

And then, all eyes were on the Grandmaster. Her welcome set the tone for the next few minutes - drink, be merry, have fun, the whole nine. Darth Metus looked upon his progeny with mischief burning in his eyes. "Might I have this dance, Captain?"

[member="Nyx"] Verd, [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Akabane Jarvik"]

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
"The pleasure is mine, Miss Yumi. 'Tis nice to spend time away from battle, it is not oft a luxury a knight can afford." She chuckled gently, interrupting herself with a sip of her drink. It was a bit odd to imagine Kurenai as a mother, if only due to Clarke's lack of experience with the woman outside a war situation, however it was a title that rested rather gracefully on her shoulders. Though the antics of her son were quite odd to imagine being of her blood. There were some things that just couldn't make sense, she supposed.

All the same she would be intrigued to see how the young ones would behave, as she gave Kurenai an almost out of characteristically soft smile. "He looks much like you, I can see the familial resemblance. In face, if not disposition." She chuckled again at her playful gest, before taking a half step back to give the boys their space. To be a child must be such a wonder in this day and age.. She almost envied them. It had been no small time ago she had been a child herself after all, back before she had left her homeworld for repentance and contemplation. Yes, child was such a relative term.. How old had she been? Certainly no older than the golden haired boy that much was certain.

Though even in those days she couldn't have treasured something like this. She watched carefully to see how this boy would react to the Yumi child.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"] :|: [member="Douglas Starwind"]

It was unusual for the young Padawan to attend any sort of social gathering of this sort. She much preferred to keep to herself and read on whatever books piqued her interest. But today wasn't the case. Was it boredom? Curiosity? The yearning for somebody to speak to was something she would never particularly admit to herself. As she knew it, she preferred being alone. But at the same time, she didn't like being alone, and that's how she felt, even to the smallest degree.

She would settle for being around in the presence of other people, and have something else to hear and to occasionally focus on other than her own breathing and heartbeat. With a book tucked between her arms and her chest, she found herself in the main hall, wearing a dark purple dress that was rather modest, with the skirt reaching all the way down to her feet, and sleeves that while not attached to the dress, went from her wrists all the way up to her shoulders, showing a rather minimal amount. Of course, as modest as the dress was, it had no problem with hugging her form. She also wore a pair of two inch heels of the same color as her dress; two inches, for if they were to be any taller, she felt she would be unable to walk. Now one of two questions that she had for herself was why she was wearing this dress. While she had it, it was never something that she had intended to wear, until now. But it was never her preferred style of dress. She had only figured that perhaps maybe, she should dress for the occasion, though she couldn't help but think that she was possibly overdressing.

The second question that crossed her mind came when she found her breath caught in her throat for a moment, as when she opened the doors to the main hall, and laid eyes on the people that were within, she immediately froze. She was not frightened of people in particular, but yet, here she stood, her eyes looking to and fro at the gathering.
"Why am I here?" was the question that crossed her mind. But she knew exactly why she was here, even though she'd rather not be doing it. She wasn't forced by anybody but herself, and it was a sort of internal conflict to proceed any further into the hall. She remembered that she had her book pressed against her chest, and looking down at its black cover, with naught but the indentations of a sort of design, she figured that she would acclimate herself to being around people, as a start. Conversation could come later. Not too obviously uneasy, she made her way to the furthest away table from any people, and took a seat. Placing her book on the table before her, she looked up at the people before her. She had the fleeting thought that she wished that she were invisible. But if she wanted invisibility, she'd have not come in the first place.

Pushing such thoughts away, she opened her book, taking one more look at the number of people in the hall, and then turned her eyes down to the words in her book.

The party was already started and Allyson stood at the entry way for just a few moments. She pondered remembering a letter she had received some months ago, it still was a fresh wound and she could hear Arisa saying the words that were written in the letter as if it was yesterday. Were the emotions that she had felt on that day on Kiara something more than she cared to admit? What would have happened if the Jedi had decided to hang around the rogue hangers more…farther back what would have happened if Arisa hadn’t abandoned the job she had originally hired Allyson for? There were so many what ifs and Allyson couldn’t find a way to lay them to rest. A hand moved to the back of her neck, it rested there as she took in a deep breath.

Any other time, any other moment and this would have been an exciting time. The Corellian would have been excited to come to the new temple, she would have been excited to see her old friend. Why did the good always die young? Thin lips parted allowing the held breath exhale, hopefully calming the young woman as she waited for her partner to make her way to the front of the party. Looking at her wrist, she adjusted the comm watch and reread the letter she had received. Someone had something for her from Arisa and it was only available if she had come to pick it up herself. Part of her regretted waiting so long and now [member="Kaili Talith"] was with her, maybe she would have the strength to do it, or well maybe it wasn’t a clever idea depending on what Arisa had left her.

Tonight, things went a little differently, Allyson decided that Kaili was going to be the lovely woman in the dress since she rarely wore them. She didn’t express rather convincingly that it would make her come out of her small bit of depression a bit quicker if the blonde wore the curve hugging dress she picked out. A grin swept over the devilish Corellian as she adjusted the slender tie on her neck and the dress vest she wore. A form fitting blazer hid a small concealed blaster in case there were those here wanting to ruin the fun. Despite being dressed more tomboyish this evening, Allyson made sure her girlish figure was still visible with the dress pants adorned with the Corellian Bloodstripes.

Her hand fell from her face as her hazel eyes rose from the comm watch, her date should be making her appearance any time now and then they could move towards the party. They were already late, mostly because Allyson couldn’t control herself when she saw Kaili in the dress the first and the second time she put it on.

Third time was always a charm right?

[member="Valae Kitra"] @anyone else who wants to chat <3

Asaraa felt a bloom of anger blossoming in her new friend’s force presence, her blue eyes following his towards the new comers, her eyes widening in surprise at their force presence. The last thing she’d expected to see at a party hosted by Jedi were Sith, but well…if this was normal for the silver Jedi then she could see life here being very interesting.

The Togruta could feel her friend releasing his anger, his aura settling back to normal as he started pointing out the various personalities at the party. Her eyes followed his finger carefully as he pointed out the well built blonde man, Valkren Calderon. “He saved your life…” she twisted her head to the side, staring at the man with a look akin to surprise, “You’re not one of those people who always end up getting in trouble right? What happened?” That was just her luck, someone else who ended up in trouble, life wasn’t going to be boring was it.

The Padawan grinned as she extended her hand to [member="Jerit Kolomor"] a friendly look on her face. “Asaraa Vaashe, it’s nice to meet you too.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom