Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eat, Drink & Be Merry

Leah Winsclav

Pinkie Extended, Tea Sipping
Dress Link: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/304735314214125581/380869189130518532/emma-watson-beauty-and-the-beast.png

Leah arrived quietly, she had decided to have noble flair of any kind when she arrived, she wanted to be recognised and treated as though she was any other guest. This party would probably hide a large variety of people, from both common and noble backgrounds. It would do not to make too much of a show. Slipping inside the main area, Leah would take a small glass gently from one of the Waitresses, the liquid inside was a warm oak brown in colour, chilled, but not cold. Whisky, she recognised it as a rather expensive brand all in all, how tasteful! She cast her eyes over the rest of the hall, her eyes assessing some of the other visitors and the various foods and drink that were available.

It seems she had chosen wisely for her clothing, the long flowing dress was no doubt going to make her stand out a little, but it was the idea of it being stood upon repeatedly that made her regret the choice, but she was covered decently. The woman almost sported some posh pumps, made of a soft leather and most comfortable for walking, even dancing in.

It was going to be interesting, she swirled her glass in one hand, still attempting to spot someone in the crowd that she wanted to approach and speak with. [member="Valae Kitra"] stood out immediately, she recognised the woman without question. She knew the nature of her approach was to be rather morbid and best left unsaid, but the Countess needed to have some assurance. It might be best to wait until spirits are higher? With this in mind, she grabbed another glass of whisky and began to venture over towards the Grandmaster, it was going to be one weird part. At least for Leah.

It wasn't often that Grace got to dress up. Rarer still that she could do so with people she didn't know. Say what you will about professors, even someone who knows what they're talking about can get bored of them sometimes. That said, a part of her felt... underdressed for the occasion. Fiddling with the ring on her finger, the woman wished, if only for a moment, that she had taken the time and funds to get a nice dress, just to show off a bit. As it stood, the Vahla stood in a simple blood-rose red cocktail dress, the precious clothing less fancy than most women here. Much less fancy than anyone else. Still, the black heels, matching a set of ruby earrings and necklace, and confident stride was enough to blend in, at least for the most part.

For a brief moment, the gem of her ring brushed skin, and she winced in pain. Right. She still had that. Smiling once more, she glanced around, looking for some circle to meld into. She needed to find someone to talk to, to be busy when he arrived. There was a hint of desperation in her eyes as she looked around. No one seemed to really be within walking range. Shaking her head, she began to meander through the room, picking up a drink as she went. Maybe one of the Confederates? They were supposed to be socializing, but she needed the out more than anything. There! She didn't really know the woman very well, but [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] was there, and not paired with anyone. Slowly, she approached the woman. "I'm terribly sorry, but I don't think I know your name. I'm Grace." A pale hand extended, offering to shake.

There was something about bowties, checkered ones, specifically, that just infuriated Cairyn. Really, what were they good for? Did the pattern make the noose extra pretty for the sorry souls that had to wear those horrendous things? Just looking at one made the boy want to go to a small village, capture the village elder, remove her eyes before pitching her off a cliff, sticking those eyes on little toothpicks, and placing those in a very public area so everyone could feel judged. Even that wouldn't completely quell his rage towards those monstrosities.

And man, was he glad he wasn't wearing one tonight. Or any tie for that matter. In fact, the boy didn't even seem to register just how underdressed he was. A black t-shirt, white jacket, dark pants that clearly displayed how much he'd grown since he'd first gotten them, honestly not that long ago. His shoes, black and close-toed, were perhaps the most formal thing about him but even then, they were overshadowed by the mismatched socks of red and yellow.

Indeed, Cairyn was a fashion disaster. But at least he wasn't wearing a bowtie.

He was ready for a night in unknown territory, at least he told himself he was. Things weren't as peachy at the arena. Sure, the animals were well taken care of, as per usual, and sales were as good as ever, but the mail had also brought alarming news that quite frankly was the source of way too much concern on this kid's mind. Taxes. Since when did he have to do taxes? He had no clue, nor did he have the faintest idea of even where to start. At first, he took out his confusion on a couple droids, telekinetically ripping them to shreds and letting Griz chew on the pieces so long as she didn't eat any. When it was clear that wasn't going to solve his issues, he headed over to this party. Because the best way to solve problems is to ignore them.

And it was working so far, he wasn't freaking out quite yet and he hadn't seen anything too offensive. Chase's dress was...the same dress, as usual, a couple other known members of the Confederacy were severely lacking in style, but hey, it was fine.

That was before he saw Metus' bowtie.

[member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Nyx"] | [member="Lady Psyona"] | [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

The slender Echani woman lingered delicately by her master as they passed through the doors of the Silver Rest unhindered. It wasn’t her first time seeing the newly built temple but it never failed to impress. If ever there were a place to collect one's thoughts, or even, just to find the answers of the universe the flaxen-haired woman assumed that it would be here. Srina couldn’t stop a smile from forming at the kiss of her mouth every time she glanced toward the fearsome Sith Lord known as Darth Metus. He was dressed as a Vicelord should be. Everything about him screamed nobility and prestige versus bloodthirsty man-beast.

When presented with dozens of options of bowties to choose from before the party Srina had delightedly picked the first one that made her laugh. Such strange habits her master had. She couldn’t help but indulge them from time to time. Well, some of them, anyway. Srina rounded on the tall man as they continued, a shimmering, silvery vision of soundless beauty. The bow tie could stay. The sunglasses could not. Small fingers reached up to his face and she plucked them away. “You are not a complete heathen master. No sunglasses at night—and certainly not indoors.”

She fell back into her place beside him and rest her hand appropriately on his arm for the moment. Her actions left his sulfuric eyes on display but there was little sense in hiding. The alliance was already formed, oaths made, friendships promised. When they passed a planter she dropped the offending eyewear inside with a barely muttered, Oops.”

Metus had spent the better part of the day, to his credit, doting on her. No matter her protests she found a multitude of shiny and rather opulent items sitting in her rooms after breakfast. To be seen with the Vicelord at an official event meant that regardless of her own status, she had to dress carefully, just as she had on the day of the Golbah Games. She was his representation from the time she woke up till the time she crawled back into bed.

White-gold hair had been pinned back and braided, twisted into elegant knots, with the majority of it falling free down her back. The dress that she wore glistened and hugged her every curve. It was silver, similar to the shade of her eyes, and covered with little clear crystals that caught the light when she moved. The apprentice wore minimal makeup but it didn’t at all make a difference. Eyes turned when they passed, either due to herself, or to Darth Metus, she was uncertain.

They were offered drinks and the ever responsible Echani declined. She didn’t like when her faculties were impaired. It made her less effective, less lethal, and in a temple full of force users she didn’t relish the thought. Her master had no such presence of mind. She eyed the drink, turning a little so that she could straighten his already flawless lapel, and murmured sweet words of caution. “Pace yourself…A least, until we’ve determined there’s no one here with less than…Gracious intentions.”

Srina would not suspect the Grandmaster of any duplicity but there were people from all over in attendance. The pale skinned woman wanted to trust them all, but to do so was folly, and invited unnecessary trouble. “If things go sideways you’re my only weapon. And my ride home.”

Her words stopped when they were interrupted by a woman Srina knew only in name. Her master had so many offspring that it could be difficult to keep track of them all. She was certain, beyond all doubt, that there were some whose names entirely eluded her. The tall creature reminded her of Metus, in a way, and Srina could only paint a perfect smile on otherworldly features. “You must be Nyx Verd…”

“It’s a pleasure.”, she continued as she inclined her head respectfully. Srina was never entirely sure how to react to the Verd progeny so she did her best to make them feel welcome. Apparently, there were times when her mentor had missed that mark. “I am Srina Talon.”

Unsure if father and daughter needed some time the apprentice took a step back and turned mirrored eyes back to Darth Metus. “I would like to excuse myself for a moment. I’ve just spotted the Grandmaster and I was hoping to see Padawan Swail. Do you mind?”

Honestly, the Grandmaster was breathtaking in her blue gown. Srina was very, very confused. She understood the necessity of armor considering how often she wore it. No one wanted a vibroblade through the chest. But…Why did the auburn-haired woman wear such drab robes again? The Echani had half a mind to find her quarters and discretely set them on fire. Good riddance.

[member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Nyx"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
The music could be heard from Stephanie’s small quarters. The open window let the music rise up from below that sounded the start of their big night; the welcome banquet for faces old and news, alliances recently struck up between systems and a fresh start for everyone.

The tall trees of Kashyyyk could be seen in the distance, but many were situated below the position of Silver Rest, which looked down on most of the area from where it was constructed. It paved the way for magnificent views, rivalling that of Voss even and the large majestic waterfalls. Bar the atmosphere, it was very quiet in Stephanie’s quarters.

Her Hapan gown was folded up with her robe and lightsaber placed neatly atop them on her bunk, sand coloured boots by the wall. Nervous fingers picked and fidgeted in front of her as she looked into the mirror inside her wardrobe. Never before had she worn the simple black dress that she had bought a good year or so ago. She never had the desire or need to, but now there was a need and a hint of desire. It was a big night after all!

She had been standing there for a good ten minutes or so, feeling anxious and stupid and silly. Dressed like this, it wasn’t her. She had forgotten how to act normal, with low confidence and an over active mind that worried about everything, especially after recent events.

It wasn’t too late. She could strip off, get into her comfy training gear and stay hidden away and watch the recordings from the holo-net. Mm, but what would that achieve in the face of everyone coming together? Nothing. No, she had to do this. Not just for the Order, but for her Master [member="Valae Kitra"] and for herself.

Another few minutes, and the Padawan blew out a breath. She reached up and adjusted the discreet golden leafed tiara resting on her brown hair. She didn’t have a bag or anything like most of them did, it was just her and all you saw…and didn’t see.

A few seconds later, she nodded and rested her hands on her hips and looked in the mirror to her faithful Leafy plugged into the front wall.

”Well. How do I look?”

The domed head rolled forward as if the BB unit looked her foot to head, and then the body rolled a little.

”Hooop-oooooooh.”

Stephanie smiled.

”That’ll do.” It was now or never. ”I won’t be long.”

With that, she took small steps in her heeled shoes, cursing a little before getting used to them, and opened her door with a wave of the hand where the music could be heard a little more. She walked out, in no rush, and headed for the congregation out from the main temple.

[member="Srina Talon"]

Katrine had still been checking out the new arrivals and making faces at every small sip she made from her champagne, eventually putting the empty glass on a passing tray and taking another one even if she didn't like the taste at all. She's spotted the blond in her long dress, making her look on the back of her own dress. Nope, wasn't that long. Shame, she could have gone for longer, Katrine decided as kept looking.

When someone suddenly approached her, blue gaze shifted at her, looking at her not sure if she was passing by or coming to see her. As it was, Katrine recognized the face but she didn't have a name to attach to that face, at least not until the woman actually did speak to her, introducing herself as Grace.

"Oh! I'm Katrine Van-Derveld!" Her own introduction came quick and perky, followed by a wide smile and another sip of the champagne, which then was followed by yet another face indicating her distaste for the beverage. She really needed to get off this and find something better for some reason, champagne was floating her way and none of the other things she tried. Jared taught her how to drink Vodka, Jaya showed her brandy and whiskey. Katrine liked all that but champagne was absolutely horrible but apparently, that was what people drank here.

It actually took her a few more seconds to realize Grace was offering her a hand, making her switch her glass from right to left and offer the hand she was supposed to offer, giving a slightly firmer handshake that would be expected from a short blond thing. Not by much though, her strength mostly manifested in her Lupine form. Kat knew that now though, Jaya had told she had a stronger handshake that expected.

Few more seconds passed before Katrine looked the other woman over. "I like your dress," the Lupine shared. It was cute, not flashy like some of the ones others were wearing But Kat suffered from an issue called 'can't keep your oppinions to yourself' that she just had to comment. She'd probably wear it on an average day rather than a party but Kat liked to play dress up a lot, which she was convinced she had gotten from her Mother. The collection Mother left behind on the ship was a massive addition to her own collection though some of them Kat had never seen until she'd entered the ship. Of course, Mother that raised Kat was sixty years older than the one that left all those fancy dresses behind so it made sense. And maybe she didn't have them anymor because Katrine had taken them from her in the past or the now. The blond liked to think abotu thinks like that, it entertained her.

[member="Lady Psyona"]

Prior...

His peace and meditation from within a bacta tank resting in the medical bay of the Dragon was interrupted when the ship would reach the planet's surface. A protocol droid would arrive then, and pressing a few buttons on the nearby control panel would let out the tank's occupant. The bacta would drain from the tank, and a 6'4 form would drop to the tank's floor. Removing his breathing mask, the Jedi Master would open his eyes, a handful of exhales escaping him as the Jedi would grow accustomed to the air within the ship - different from the air he had been breathing throughout his recovery. His training when he had no company on board aside from his team of droids was intense, perhaps even dangerous. But despite cutting down on his mission time and taking more time to be a civilian man when he was off, he was still as dedicated to his cause as he was all those years ago. The droid that was freeing him from the tank was BL-86... A Saotome P.T.D Droid that generally served as both Josh's protocol and translation droid, personal assistant as well as a training partner when he was alone. Of course, Josh had not trained with the droid's help today... He had gone with far more intense, more automated conditions. Ones that pushed his body to it's absolute limits and beyond.

"We will be arriving on the planet soon, Master DragonsFlame."

Josh would get to his feet, his every scratch, open wound, blemish and bump gone. The advancements in bacta technology over the years had been... Astounding, he thought to himself as he would be freed from the tank. His form was muscular, suiting a man who took his craft so seriously. His build was lean, muscular... Not too bulky, but the work he had put in to keep in shape and keep his strength up was clear just by the looks of his form. Once he had stepped out of the tank, the Jedi Master would nod in response as he would slowly turn his head about the room, gazing around, before rolling his shoulders and stretching out. The healing effects of the bacta tank meant he could come back from the brink no matter what sort of intense training he put himself through... But the tank itself was sort of cramped, and the time he had spent in a deep, medically induced sleep meant that his joints were stiff and sore. Far less sore than before, mind you, but being stuck in the same position for so long would do that. How many hours he had been out... He couldn't say.

"Master, I don't understand why you insisted on training on the way here" The protocol droid would scold as they would bring the Jedi Master a large mug of water, one that he would grab and chug down as though his very life depended on it. His tongue wet and spry once again, the Jedi would wet his lips as he would finally speak, the refreshed feeling that washed through him clear in the fact that a rosy color had returned to his cheeks.

"I'm on the clock either way, can't afford to slack and get rusty."

"Why I never-Master! I say you damn near killed yourself! Why you would train like a life-threatening mission was ahead, is beyond me... And even if there was, even then I wouldn't condone the things you do to your body. Your dedication is admirable, Master DragonsFlame, but very much unnecessary."

"Valae is there. Always need to be on-guard."

"I-I never! Are you still on edge about that assassination attempt, Master? Is that what this is about?"

The Jedi Master stopped to stare at the droid, his expression seeming like he was almost insulted it took the droid this long to figure that out. Though it was hard to take him seriously with his long blonde hair being thick, soaked and dripping everywhere.

"I'd say you've begun to care for the young Grandmaster Kitra, sir. But that's just my opinion, as you have been oh so adamant about having me speak freely" The droid would continue to jipe as the droid would fetch him a set of towels to dry himself off. "She's a friend. And I've been in her position" Josh would answer, as he would nod in thanks as he took the towels, wrapping one around his muscular form and using the other to begin to dry off his hair enough to stop the dripping so he could blowdry it. He didn't normally blowdry it before a mission... But he at least seemed to remember that this was a social gathering, not a mission, for this portion. "Valae has her job to play as Grandmaster, and I have mine. All I'm doing is making sure I'm ready to do that job at a moment's notice. If it inconveniences you, you are free to serve another Jedi. I can have you recommissioned if you wish."

"No, no, Master" The droid would answer as the Jedi would step in front of the mirror, removing the head towel and beginning to blow-dry his hair. "I am not inconvenienced at all by your actions, I have stated this in the past. I simply fail to understand why you push your body past it's limits on a regular basis... Especially when all you're doing is a social occasion. It is my job to care for your well-being, Master. But I cannot fathom why you insist on undergoing such intense training. If not for bacta technology, you would likely be dead as of this moment. And I doubt Master Kitra will appreciate losing a member of her Assembly because he decided to push his body beyond what he can handle."

"It's not beyond what I can handle" The Jedi would answer as he would finish blow-drying his hair and pick up the clothing that the droid had laid out for him. While the droid was meant for protocol and training... It had taken up the habit of working as a personal assistant, of it's own volition. Not that Josh minded the help. If that was what the droid wanted to do... "Turn around, please" He would request. "I say, I don't understand why you always insist on this as well. I have not failed to bear witness to your birthday suit, Master. You wore no clothes when you emerged from the tank" The droid would complain. "And I am a droid, Master. I have no concept of sexual conduct beyond what is informercial."

"You're pretty damn close to a person. And I'm married" Josh would retort as he would pull the clothing on. "As for my training... I can handle it. Besides. It's... Relaxing. In a way. Helps me forget."

"By a Hutt's form... Is that another reason why you did this, Master?" The droid would inquire. "Social anxiety?"

Now...

Bloody sodding hell, he hated crowds.

The place was far busier than he had anticipated. He had come out of formality, and because he felt it good to partake in the celebrations... It helped with morale to have everyone drinking and making merry together. But it didn't help the fact he was a bit socially anxious. He didn't do well in... Crowds of strangers. He wore a casual white dress shirt, with black pants and his combat boots. Not -too- formal... But enough. The Jedi Master took a deep breath as he walked into the establishment, trying to quell his social anxiety as his eyes darted about looking for someone he knew. [member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Stephanie Swail"], anybody. On the surface, he looked calm and confident, as that cheeky smirk remain spread across his face. Overall, he looked neat and tidy. A far cry from the sorry shape he was in just an hour before. But inside, he was far less... Well off.

He wished he'd gone with his wife, [member="Shmi DragonsFlame"]. He definitely needed the company for times like this.

A party, it was the only thing anyone at the temple had been talking about for days, gossip about the food and the people it was honestly as if they had never seen...well ok if she was completely honest with herself, which she tried not to be too often, Asaraa had to admit that she was as excited by the idea as anyone else.

It's why she found herself peering into the room, the sound of the conversations, the smell of the food all drifting out, filling the young Padawan's sense just as much as the sight of the members of the order socializing with one another. It was like something out of a story, the kind of tale that she had always read about. She could hear the sound of friends greeting one another, of friendly banter as she slipped through the doors, stepping into this new world. She couldn't help the way that her hands tugged at her robes, straightening them around her frame as she squared her shoulders and took a few more steps into the room making a beeline for the food. It was time to see what everyone had been talking about.

Valae turned her head as the door to her room opened, and she smiled seeing [member="Jake Daniels"] move into the room. When faced with his compliment, she bowed her head slightly, eyes moving sheepishly towards the floor. Her fingertips slid along the flowing fabric of the gown, it was soft and light – so different from the rough-spun woolen robe that she normally preferred. “Really?” She blushed, “I feel like it’s a bit… much.” She added a small laugh.

“You look dashing,” She said, placing her hands on Jake’s shoulders and giving him a quick look.

He was a snappy dresser on a normal day, but it was still quite nice to see him in this attire. And he was right; this was a big step for the couple. Of course, there was always the chance the others had seen them together before, but they had generally kept their interactions minimal when at the Temple or on missions for the Order. This would certainly change things, but she was ready. And she had to admit that it was nice to have this private moment with him, for she had the feeling that the night would be full of mingling. She hoped it wouldn’t be overwhelming for Jake.

As they exited, she held tight to his arm – her first steps down the hall a bit wobbly atop her high heels. It wasn’t long before they were greeted by [member="Jessica Matthews"] and a man that was soon introduced as her husband. Valae was pleased to see Master Matthews here tonight, the other woman had been a tremendous help. She was always ready to lend a hand and take many of their newer members under her wing.

“It’s so good to see you again, Master Matthews.” She said, bowing her head politely. “And very nice to meet you, Justin.”

Then, Valae realized that it was her turn to introduce Jake.

“And this is Jake Daniels,” She paused. Just how should she introduce him? Boyfriend? No, that didn’t seem quite right. But they were not married nor engaged, so those titles were out. “He’s my… Partner.” She settled on the word, hoping she hadn’t made it sound to stuffy or businesslike. She turned a glance up at Jake, and a slightly apologetic smile.

“I do hope the two of you have a lovely time tonight,” She said, turning back to Mr. and Mrs. Matthews.

As they reached the end of the hall, Valae took a moment to take in all of the new and familiar faces that graced the main hall. It was good to see members of the CIS present, including the lovely [member="Srina Talon"], and [member="Darth Metus"]. And when it came to having a Sith Lord present, it did seem a bit... unorthodox. But during their recent diplomatic meetings, the man had made it clear that the CIS were willing to stand with them. It was a nice sight, truly something she would remember for quite a long time.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Justin and Jessica both bowed and bid adieu to [member="Valae Kitra"] and her partner [member="Jake Daniels"] .

Having now been well introduced to their host, the happy couple was once again free to mingle. Jessica motioned them onward towards the side of the room. Here they took a moment to chat in private. Justin had not seen his wife in almost three months now. So they had plenty of family business and gossip to discuss. Money being just one of the many hot topics they would banter about tonight.

Perhaps later they would dance together and take advantage of the fancy desserts. Until then. They seemed a perfectly content and inseparable couple.

"No. It ain't happening sis." Kat glared at her sister.

"It says to dress formally. You cannot go in wearing your oil stained clothes! Just try it on, please!" Kat's sister was insistent on this. Holding a plain yet elegant black dress, it wasn't a horrible looking outfit. Kat just hated the thought of having to not only have her cybernetic limbs on display but also knowing it would be a slippery slope. Her sister would then go on to try doing make up and make Kat look something she was not.

However, the invite did state formal wear. Snatching the dress, Kat stormed off to changing room and changed into the dress. Studying herself in the mirror, Kat was surprised how she looked different. Her metal legs did stand out but Kat was prepared for people to notice and likely stare. Stepping out, Kat felt and heard her sister gasped in excitement. Squealing in delight, Kat's sister hugged her tightly and talked rapidly about doing her hair and different types of perfume.

"Reaaaaaaaaally? Isn't this enough sis?" Kat moaned.

"Pleaaaaaaase! You've never let me do it before! Always playing in the mud with the boys!" Kat saw that her sister was pouting, clearly having enjoyed dressing Kat.

"Fineeeeee..." Kat resigned herself to more dress up. Her sister already giddy and forcing Kat to sit on her bed.

*Hour later*

Kat was not happy. She swore her sister went too far. She had lipstick, mascara and eye shadow. It was ridiculous, she felt like a doll that her sister had growing up. However, it was too late to back out of the party now. Stepping into the hall, Kat walked straight to the bar and order herself a large spirit. Gulping her first drink heavily. Shaking her head, hopefully the party would be quiet.

Roona Osmari

R
Roona stood anxiously outside Silver Rest, peering inside the open doors.

She could see that there were already others inside. From her current position, she could hear voices, glasses clinking, and music drifting out into the courtyard. A shiver of panic ran through the marksman. These formal events were foreign. Glancing down, she could see the hem of her gown lingering above the pavement, the pointed toes of her heeled shoes just peeking out. Roona felt oddly bare without her Katarn armor and combat boots. Tonight, her side arm had been traded in for a small clutch purse, and her ammo for a single bullet… of lipstick.

Though she had not made any specific plans to attend the banquet with anyone, but she was holding out on the hope that she might find a member of the Radama Rangers to keep her company. Sea-green eyes searched the crowd that flowed into the temple, but she didn’t see any signs of Colonel [member="Valkren Calderon"], at least not yet. Roona wasn’t sure if these types of events were his style, she certainly didn’t feel that they matched her own style. Furrowing her brow, she had to question herself. Had she been hoping that he would have asked her to attend as his date? She shook her head slightly, immediately chiding herself for such a thought.

Gently lifting the hem of her skirt off the ground, she considered turning to leave.

It would be much easier to just go back to the barracks and relax in her bunk. But then again, she was already dressed up -- and much time would have been wasted if she were to simply go home. Heaving a sigh, Roona walked inside the temple with the rest of the guests.

Her eyes widened slightly, it was different to see the main hall so… alive. Roona’s slender hand snatched a flute of champagne from the nearest tray, and she toon a tiny sip of the bubbly drink. She remained tentatively stationed somewhat close to the entrance, just in case she changed her mind and decided to flee.

Dusaro had missed the move to Kashyyk as well as several other events since as he had been busy training elsewhere. He did not regret that much, it was what it was, but he was not going to miss out a second time. Having finished what he had started elsewhere, he landed just a hour before the festivities began and got himself ready before arriving. He did not have much in the way of 'fancy' clothes, he was not exactly a suit and tie kinda guy. He did however have a pair or respectable beige dress pants and white button down, both of which went fairly well with his golden skin and two toned blonde and silver hair. As always he worse his spacer boots and flak vest under the shirt, his right arm covered by the ever present leather glove he wore over the prosthetic.

Looking around the crowd he spotted a few familiar faces. The Grand Master of the Silver Jedi was naturally present, along with a man beside her he did not know. Besides her though Dusaro did not spot any overly familiar faces. At least not initially, but after a moment he saw his Master [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] walking in as well on the other side of the hall, looking around the room. Though it might be more accurate to say he was looking over the crowd for any familiar faces. While Dus could go over and help him with that... 'Nah, he will probably find someone to talk to.' He thought, figuring this was a good chance to meet a new face or two. So he chose blissful ignorance and for now walked around, seeing who he may or may not bump into. So far he didn't really see anyone quite yet, but he had only just gotten here. Dusaro was content to give it some time and if all else failed, there was food and good drinks.

Douglas Starwind

Head of Fire, Heart of Gold
This was... Not as anticipated.

The Temple that was being built on Kashyyyk was ready at last and the Silver Jedi decided to hold a celebration for the occasion. A reasonable thing to do. Doug had gotten his possessions he brought along from Voss moved into the Temple, now dubbed the Silver Rest, before things started to get really chaotic. He spent some time meditating in the room by himself before getting up and getting himself refreshed a little. He had never really dressed more formally for many occasions in the past besides maybe when ol' Master Josh got married a few years ago. He had changed out of his Jedi Robes into some rather simplistic formal attire. A white dressed shirt with short sleeves, a black tie, some dress pants, and more appropriate dress shoes. He also ran some water through his hair to smooth out the curls a bit. He thought the silvery white boots he normally wore with his robes would look a bit odd with the rest of the outfit. He frankly would've preferred to keep the comfy robes on, but he figured a more formal attire would make a better impression.

When he had departed from his little dorm room down towards the main hall... It was utter chaos. Not literally, but it sure seemed that way. There were a lot of people. He did not recognize most of them either. From what he had heard around, the Silver Jedi had been negotiating alliances with others so perhaps these were members of these other groups? He was already sort of bad with getting to know new people, but a CROWD of new people? This... This was a whole new level of bad for someone like him. He was able to spot a few more familiar faces, but most of them seemed a bit preoccupied already.

Wait. He believed he could spot his Master in the crowd. A bead of sweat fell down the side of his head. [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] appeared to be getting along without much issue, but at the same time looked a little... Lost? He also spotted his designated Padawan buddy [member="Dusaro Dresari"] in the crowd. It was kinda hard to miss either of them in a crowd, but maybe they were looking for some new faces to talk to. Doug glanced to the sides and slithered away to lean against a wall away from the brunt of the crowd. If either of them wanted to talk to him, they'd probably approach with no issue... Or anyone else for that matter... Right?

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
As the conversation went on, Jerit felt more and more comfortable with the girl and soon his nervousness evaporated from his mind. As he was about to reply to her question of how many battles he had been in, a boy came up and started talking to Karani as if the two were lovers. It was very awkward, so Jerit excused himself. Karani gave the boy a smile and a wave as he walked away.

"Great. Just great." Jerit said.

He walked around looking like he had something to do until he reached the bar. He contemplated whether he should drink or not. He decided it would not hurt to have some whiskey. It would really help especially with what had happened just then.

He sat on a bar stool a few seats from this cyborg lady. He only gave her a small look at her leg and then he turned away. It was quit interesting to see a cybernetic limb, but Jerit did not want to stare for too long. He did not want to be rude. He looked over to the bartender and asked for a glass of Corellian Whiskey. Over his Jedi career, Jerit found out that he really enjoyed alcohol. He would consume a small glass perhaps every two days maybe? He really couldn't remember how much he drank the stuff. It was sort of like second nature to him and that was a horrible thing considering that he was a Jedi. But, he did learn a couple tricks to keep the alcohol consumption in his body down so nobody would notice how much he had quaffed.

The bartender handed him a pretty tall glass of whiskey and Jerit took a couple of sips. The alcohol felt good. He leaned over in his bar stool and put his elbows on the counter, his body hunched over. He was thinking of his good friend, [member="Valkren Calderon"] and the time when he went to that trooper bar at the Voss Temple. It was all swell, until he ran into Master Yune. He cringed at the moment, still embarrassed by that instant. He took a big gulp of his drink and breathed out heavily.

Rick Kaloo

R
Eventually, Rick realized that there would be plenty of socializing before the meals. He left his chair, praying in his mind that it would still be open when he returned. As he wandered through the crowds, he realized how awkward trying to start a conversation might be, how unusual he looked in a crowd filled of giant dresses and layers of makeup in a simple white business suit.. It seemed like most of the socializing was done between Jedi and their Padawans, husbands and wives, or lovers. If Rick was to slide into a conversation, then he'd have to look carefully, maybe even find someone in the same situation as him, a casual businessman struggling to find the right people.

The truth was, Rick was scared of going to the party. Scared that he wouldn't follow the expectations, scared that he'd get publicly embarrassed, scared that the party would turn into another business meeting. His right foot suddenly curved away to the right as he realized there was a small puddle of wine on the ground, probably spilled by a foolishly elated drunk. Then he felt the side of his shoe make contact with a woman's leg, a woman talking with a man, likely a husband. His foot went down onto the floor faster than any time in his life. Thankfully, the impact was more of an accidental nudge than a kick. At least he thought.

Emotions suddenly ran through him, fear, anxiety, confusion, and guilt all making their appearances within a fraction of a second. Then, seemingly sliding out of his mouth, came a quick "Sorry! Are you okay?".

[member="Jessica Matthews"]

Gir leaned against a wall of the Silver Rest, watching the gala unfold before them. Certain people seemed to draw the attention from the gathered party-goers, either from their positions or looks. He glanced at his half-full glance and took a gulp as a particularly spectacular couple made their presence known the floor. The liquid's warmth quickly passed from his mouth to the stomach, leaving a faint burning sensation that quickly subsided in the back of his throat. He swirled the glass, idly contemplating if he was truly drinking too much too quickly. An old phrase came to mind: Discretion is the better part of valor. He wasn't young any more, nor did he would there be much to gain by getting wasted. He winced. But neither is there anything to gain by standing around here as a wallflower.

He refastened the top button of his black trench coat, which hid his utilitarian duty uniform underneath. Directorate 'blacks' had an inherent elegance of their own, yet among the Jedi and their other guests, they would stick enough that he'd draw unwanted attention. The man from Hast launched away from the wall and searched among the guests for a suitable conversation partner. He heard the sound of liquid spilling onto the floor, and found his eyes drawn to a mon calamari, [member="Rick Kaloo"]. His eyes brightened. Someone else who also did not appear to be a jedi. Gir stepped towards the mon calamari, looking to make a new acquaintance.

If she was completely honest Asaraa would have to admit she found the party more than a little overwhelming, all the people she didn't know, all the people she had yet to meet. The Padawan had found a few of the rangers standing by the wall, sipping their drinks as they watched the party orbiting around them. She'd spent a comfortable half an hour talking to them, comparing hunts and tips on tracking they'd all used.

While the group had been talking the party had started to fill, more and more new faces trickling in, forming into groups that talks, that rotated between groups in something almost akin to a dance. The young Togruta slipped between the clusters of conversing partners as he raised a hand in a parting greeting to the rangers as she slipped towards the bar. It was amazing, but that conversation, going back to something she know, it had been just what she needed to relax, to feel just a little more comfortable.

Resting both elbows on the bar she grinned, raising her head to catch the Barkeeper's eye, one finger waggling in his direction. "I'll have a Corellian Whiskey." The man was graced with a bright grin as the Togruta accepted her glass from him, her delicate fingers wrapping around the cool glass as she turned her attention of the man settled on the bar next to her. "They keep the good stuff for the parties huh?"

She took a sip of her drink, feeling the burning liquid sliding down her throat as she coughed, blinking away tears. as she stared down at the amber liquid, her eyes widening as she looked up sheepishly. "I always forget how strong this stuff is," The Padawan gave the man a rueful smile, swirling around the liquid in the glass as she took another more cautious sip.

[member="Jerit Kolomor"]

[member='Rick Kaloo'] [member='Valae Kitra']

In his 25 years of life, he havent seen or been in a proper war. To have in first hand someone that commanded troops right in front of him was a great honor... But the consecuence could be watched as the Mon Calamari getting real nervous and walking towards a chair. He must have survive a battle recenty to have that kind of behavior. Maybe later, luck would make them meet again, and then he would ask for a passage to prove his worth. "Hex, try speaking with the organizer, Valae i think it was her name. Ask her permission to play some Techno House" "Here to serve you"

The droid fly towards the Jedi Master and floated a few feets away from her "Excuse me madam. Andy Khor, a recently member of the Silver Jedi, currently being trained by Ronin Wendigo. We wanted to ask you if we could play some techno ambient songs"

For now he needed to increase his contacts in the Silver Jedi. Talking to masters or veterans didnt seem proper, an so he approach to another guest ( [member='Asaraa Vaashe'] ) "Apart from my master who isnt here, i dont know anyone at the present time. So im here and my name is Andy Khor, a newly named padawan" said with his hands hidden in his pockets. With luck he would make a friend or two this night, and that would be a great achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom