Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission DIRE HOUR [NJO Rescue at The Empire Held Dorin]

BEFORE THE BATTLE

While on Ilum, Alex was informed by Seku that she had received an urgent comms asking for volunteers to help rescue a Jedi Padawan being held at an Imperial black site.

"Feel like earning some street cred with the NJO," she had asked Alex, after informing him of the task they were being asked to aid in.

"As long as I get to break some of the Empire's shiny new toys, I'm in," Alex had replied with a grin.

"Save a few targets for me, Hotshot," Seku said, checking over her pair of DL-44 heavy blaster pistols before holstering them. "Oh, this reminds me. You might be needing this..." She tossed a NN-14 blaster pistol in a holster to Alex in an underhand pitch.

"What am I supposed to do with this," Alex asked as he inspected the weapon with a puzzled expression after pulling it from the holster.

"Backup," Seku answered.

"I've never had much use for blasters," Alex insisted, holstering the weapon.

"Never say never," Seku replied. "I'd just feel better if you carried it."

During the shuttle flight, Alex didn't say much of anything, having that same nervous tension in his gut that every warrior feels prior to entering combat.

DORIAN-BLACKSITE BARBAROUS

Having exited the shuttle and breaching into the compound, the situation quickly devolved into chaos as weapons turrets began opening fire. Igniting his sabers, Alex deflected a couple of shots that were a little too close for comfort. Turning to Seku, who had ditched her typical mix and match attire for a tight fitting body glove in basic commando black, Alex asked the inevitable question.

"Alright Killer, how do we wanna play this?"

"Cover me," Seku answered, shrugging a pack from her shoulders and dropping to one knee. Unzipping the pack, she extracted the pieces of a sniper's rifle and began to rapidly assemble it.

"Where in the world did you get that," Alex asked, while blocking incoming shots with his sabers.

"Don't ask," Seku replied, shouldering the rifle and peering through the scope. Sighting a stormtrooper peeking around a corner, she squeezed off a single shot, dropping him in his tracks. "Get us inside, we'll help the kid...excuse me...Padawan, Jasper, take the com tower out off commission."

"Sounds like a plan," Alex nodded as he picked Jasper out of the chaos surrounding them. "Who's that with him?"

"Dominik Borra," Seku answered. "He's with SIA."

"Ever worked with him before?"

"Negative on that, I only know him by reputation around the office."

"Well, standing around talking while we're getting shot at isn't helping us get any closer to our objective, let's get while the getting's good!"

"Lead the way," Seku said, slinging the sniper rifle across her back and drawing her blasters. Circling around, she placed her back against Alex's. "I've got your back."

"Literally," Alex replied with a smirk, as he strode towards Jasper's position, deflecting any blaster bolts aimed at him.

Jasper Kai'el
Dominik Borra

Will Smash Heads for Beer
q0I9Dgt.png

"So, Ami how are you?"

Ami leaned against her chair the display showing her mother smiling despite the dreary background that was her house. Amiggie was recently stationed on Dorin and tasked with guarding some Jedi. Shame really, after being involved in some epic battles, it was back to boring patrols. At least the POW is a Jedi of great importance according to the Empire. Since it was her breaktime, Ami went to her small room deciding to call her folks. Her Mom was the one who always answered, while her Dad was busy sulking watching Swoop Races on his hover chair. Despite her Mom's reassurances, Ami couldn't help but worry for her old man. He taught her everything about fighting, surviving, and knowing which Beer doesn't taste like stale piss. She idolized him but ever since his mining accident, it was if all of the passion was sucked out from him.

"Blah!" Ami snorted holding the nozzle of her KXR SFR-58 'Bozdugan' Blaster Rifle that leaned next to her chair. "It's boring as chit! Doing the same old inspection! Same old making funny faces behind your helmet at the pink skinned Jedi, it's just sooooo repetitive!"

"It's better than being out in the front lines fighting," Ami's Mom said. "Every day I hear more and more sons and daughters die to the Galactic Alliance. I don't want to read that message that you've died in-"

"Oh come on Mom!" Ami spat. "It's war! People die! The trick to surviving is to make sure that poor son of gun don't shoot you back!"

Even her arguments with her Mom was getting tiresome, Ami is a Stormtrooper but right now she felt like a security guard getting fat off Doughnuts and Coffee. She might as well try her luck in the fighting pits but her family needed the credits now that Dad was unable to work. "I just want some action in my life you know? I'm just tired of sitting here and doing nothing while there's heads to be smashed."

"You need to quell your violent tendencies Ami," Her Mom said. "I should've watched you and father especially when he sent you to his fights."

"Don't besmirch him Mom!" Ami frowned causing her Mom to turn her gaze from her. "He's a good man! And fighting is in my veins! It turned out the Empire was full of fracking lies considering I do nothing around here!"

"I love that man," Ami's Mom whispered. "But he can be full of rage, I don't want you to walk his path."

"That's the thing Mom!" Ami retorted placing her hand on her helmet. "Dad taught me to forge my own path! Now I'm doing just that!"

There was a long pause between the two before Ami broke the silence. "So..... how's Dad?" Ami asked slowly.

Just then there was an alert with FN-999 telling everyone to man their stations. "Oh chit!" Ami quickly placed her helmet on while her Mom looked at her frantic. "I have to go Mom!" Ami said. "I'll talk to ya later! Love you!"

"Please be careful sweetie!" Ami's Mom said before Ami shut off the Holocomputer. She grabbed her rifle and headed straight for 999's position. "I'm rendevouing on your position!" She shouted through her commlink a wicked smile forming on her face.

Finally, some action.

Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575'

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

jand_spacer.png

q0I9Dgt.png

DIRE HOUR
Equipment

jand_njo_spacer.png

If there were sentients present who held doubts or worries, Jand was not one of them.

The Padawan felt wholly comfortable in a dangerous situation. He had been raised in conflict. The Nagai were likely more warrior-like than some realized, which might very well have been intentional on their part, but ultimately Jand was a product of his people. That wasn't to say he was overconfident or fearless, more so he was capable of facing those lingering doubts and worries and overcoming them to do what needed doing.

This would also be one of the first times Jand went on a mission with his Jedi Master, Caltain Vanagor.

Now was definitely not the time to under perform.

When Master Vanagor walked over and began to speak, Jand looked up at the taller sentient with gray eyes calm, and nodded.

"I understand, Master Vanagor," Jand said simply. "I suspect I am more prepared than others."

There was no conceitedness or pretention, Jand just had a habit of saying what he believed, and given his background was probably right. Still, the Padawan stood and followed the tall Jedi Master, who seemed to want to prepare away from the main contingent. Jand did so without question or concern. Master Vanagor performed some kind of pre-combat ritual, one that Jand was unfamiliar with - nor did he attempt to mimic or take part, it wasn't his way - and remained stoic throughout until the end.

For his own preparation, Jand checked his lightsaber power cell levels and made sure his Nagai blades were secured.

He was ready.

"Yes, Master Vanagor," Jand said in response to the tall humanoid. "Will we be pushing toward a specific point, or is our goal to move freely through the battle and disrupt the enemy as we can?"

jand_spacer.png

Allies: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | NJO + GA
Engagin: N/A​

Last edited:

q0I9Dgt.png

DORIN - Sahar Sahar

div-goldiguess.png

His latest venture into Imperial space was a catastrophic failure. The death of a Jedi Master in sacrifice was undoubtedly noble, yet a cost the Jedi Order could not afford to sustain. To the Galactic north and west, threats reigned over large swaths of hundreds if not thousands of systems left beneath the boot of tyrannical oppression. His own mission into the heart of the Empire had confirmed the rumoured accusations. He came to know the evil behind the horrid actions of the Imperial war machine as much as those that fell victim to the venomous propaganda. Sometimes, people simply had no other options available to them.

This was their life. Service to their Empire.

Peace and freedom was enforced with the firm and swift hand of just retribution.

The young Jedi could admire certain values, perhaps that had been the cause of the concern Master Korvan displayed. His propensity for direct action and intervention, only bolstered upon the return from Imperial 'service', the gearing shift and challenging of the Jedi and their methods. It was no raging flame but the curious mind of one's youth. Still, an unwavering loyalty to his own kind found in the Galactic Alliance and Jedi Order rose above all else. He was a soldier, their soldier. Racing across the starts like a candle that threatened to burn down to the base. This war was his war, and Rakaan was content to see every mission through.

Nida Perl was unknown to Rakaan, but that famed surname certainly was not. He leapt at the chance to see her returned to the Jedi, if not only for the chance to strike out against the Empire; pangs of distrust still brushed along the nape of his neck from the concerned parties, whether past or present. He could prove himself, earn back their wayward faith in him. If not also advance his own objectives from the mission he was unwillingly yanked free from.

He entered the blasted breach beside Jedi and soldiers of the Alliance alike, an oddly familiar air to the interior of the Imperial detention centre and the uniform layout. The dull colours seemingly drained of life ensured each hall aspect appeared identical in some manner, only the individual inmates left behind the red ray shields to mark the locations. He thrust his gleaming blue blade into the dense duracrete as a hail of blasterfire focused upon their position, only to step through the avenue of approach once the slab crashed into the similarly constructed floor left below.

In a flurry of attacks, Rakaan dismembered as many stormtroopers as he deflected bolts back into; the air filled with pained screams left unnoticed, little more than a focused scowl stretched across his face. Only to dart off down the then vacant corridor, the thrum of his lightsaber accompanying each fleet-footed motions.

q0I9Dgt.png

Tags: OPEN
GADividerBlue.png

Aveline nodded, a silent observer to Yula's briefing. She wasn't exactly well acquainted to the Perl dynasty, but when duty called to aid those in need she answered. There didn't need to be much more to it than that to the young Padawan. She was part of a bigger group, a team stacked with talent. What could possibly go wrong? Aveline's own task was to be part of Team Distraction.

Trust your training, trust your instincts, trust me, more importantly trust yourself. You would not be here if you were not ready.

Aveline let the words of Caltin sink in, steady her mind and steel her for what was to come. He was right. That was all there was to it. Keep it simple, keep it safe.

Then came the battle. Aveline's blue lightsaber flared up as they entered the breach, surrounded by fellow Jedi and other soldiers. She did her part to deflect what she could of fire coming onto them as they made a run through the prison's courtyard. From here on out many split off and took to different paths. Aveline pushed on towards one of the entrances and the hallway within, wherever it may lead.

EbKw0TT.png

hYGX9sq.jpg

ARIDIUS TK-1575 'CRIMSON'
HEAVY TROOPER

OBJECTIVE:
Defend the Blacksite
INTERACTION: OPEN - fight me please I'm new around here
FN-999 Amiggie Lutih Amiggie Lutih
m5gOdyN.png

─✧⛤ "IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD." ⛤✧─
"You're dead, you've been dead."

The Stormtrooper's finger continued to hold down the trigger of the Heavy Blaster Cannon, massive bolts flying into the distant dust of the tunnel. That's when the voice once more came into his mind, like a virus that forever lingered in the corner of his body- summoning itself, infecting each vein like boiling poison that ruptured through each limb. Her face, the Dathomiran Witch of which he executed so long ago; she's never left him, and every day he felt like he was back within those Red-Mists. When he earned the title 'Crimson' by his fellow soldiers. Crimson didn't even know the Witch's name, and yet, ever since he pulled that trigger nothing has ever been the same. Little things- moving objectives, feeling the presence of someone before they even walk through the door, the ability to sense danger before it even arrived. Aridius has kept it hidden so well, but slowly and slowly did the voice become stronger; and with it, so did it become more difficult to hide the truth.

─✧⛤ "YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT." ⛤✧─
"I was following orders."

THWA-THWA-THWA! Crimson, assigned to a fellow Stormtrooper Squad, continued to lay down fire. A wall of blaster-bolts that denied the Jedi moving through this sector of the Prison the ability to advance. Yet one broke through, (NPC), a female Jedi; ready to save her compatriot, and ready to prove herself. "Take the Jedi down!" The senior Stormtrooper of the group, a Sergeant, yelled forth; being the first one to target the Jedi, while the others joined suit. Crimson was the last, heaving the Heavy Blaster Cannon to aim forth- but, he was too late. Wielding a green Lightsaber, the Jedi sliced the Sergeant Stormtrooper in half, following the others with an arrange of swings and thrusts; melting through the exterior of their armors like they were but butter. Then, Crimson let out his own volume of fire point-blank. Sending the Jedi back, from where, they were quick to dodge the massive incoming bolts; swinging their lightsaber to slice the cannon in half. Her eyes were filled with triumph, believing the Imperials to be evil; and so, all their henchmen, all their Stormtroopers, were evil as well. Perhaps not evil, perhaps neutral, but they both had a job to do.

The Cannon, sliced in half, made Crimson useless- vulnerable, and so, the Jedi mechanically swing the Lightsaber again; this time, for Crimson's chest. That feeling of fear, that sudden jump in his chest, that sudden thought; { "This is it." } After every campaign, from Dathomir to beyond, this is what killed the Heavy Trooper. A young Jedi, wanting to save their friend, would be the one to end the Stormtrooper. Suddenly, Aridius' hand jutted forth, a feeling he's never felt before and stopped the Lightsaber midswing.

─✧⛤ "YOU EXECUTED US, AND YOU WILL PAY." ⛤✧─
"....I was following orders...."
"WERE YOU?"

The Jedi, caught off-guard, looked to the Stormtrooper; and Crimson looked back, sharing the same eyes. But Aridius was a soldier, orders down to the letter. Before the nameless Jedi could react, Crimson's free right hand dug into his side-arm which was holstered- and sent bolt after bolt into the Jedi's chest. Causing a lifeless body to fall down. The Stormtrooper looked from left to right, not knowing what just happened. What was that? How could he explain that? He hoped that no-one saw, he hoped that whatever just happened died with the nameless Jedi of whom he'll never know.

Down the opposite end, Aridius saw Amiggie Lutih Amiggie Lutih sprinting down the corridor to 999's position. Looking around, Crimson picked up one of the fallen Blasters- and followed. Leaving the scene, hopeful that no-one saw, hopeful that the Jedi stayed dead. If only he picked up the Lightsaber before he left. Right as Crimson picked up to leave, another squad of Stormtroopers arrived to fill up the breach; ignoring the same, and ignoring Crimson.

wN127CT.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric squinted suspiciously at her answer. Normally this agent liked having as much of a plan as possible going into things, but it was clear from the get-go this wasn't going to be one of those kinds of missions. And if anybody was going to get him to rush in on little more than word alone, it was Valery.

With a concussive burst, their most immediate attackers were brought to heel, allowing the Jedi Master a chance to overwhelm them with supernatural speed. Aldric hardly had time to raise his carbine before they were finished, but soon found himself on the back foot nonetheless as a heavy repeater pelted bolt after bolt on their location. He rolled to cover, while Valery kept their attention, on the verge of being overwhelmed.

"I got… I got it…" The agent mumbled to himself as he moved out to carefully take aim. A stray bolt ricocheted right off the wall in front of him, but he kept his cool, until finally, "Gotcha," He fired a single shot, striking the heavy gunner's helmet with a ping, and making him topple over a second later. Aldric then continued to lay down more fire, thinning out the herd and making the rest a bit more manageable for Valery, "You good?!"

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Badass Attire, x5 Thermal Dentantor, DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol, DG-41 “Inferos” Class Disruptor Shotgun, Ancient Vibroknife, Flamethrower wrist Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin , Aschwin Vethres (Enemy)

"Come on!" A Stormtrooper yelled at his partner sprinting through the hallway the alarms blaring loudly. "We need to make sure that the prisoner is secure! Rendezvous with FN-999 and take out the hostiles!"

As they ran through the hall, a shadowy figure walked in front of them standing tall a shotgun equipped in his prosthetic arm. "What the?!" The Stormtroopers skidded to a stop raising Blaster Rifle his partner doing the same. "You there!" the Stormtrooper yelled. "Drop your weapon and put your hands in the air!"

The person did nothing still eyeing them up.

"Last warning!" The Stormtrooper yelled. "Put your-"

5 shotgun slugs greeted the Stormtrooper's face he was lifted off the air and landed on his back. His broken helmet seeping blood, bone and brain. Smoke came out from the figure's weapon turning his attention towards the remaining Stormtrooper "Oh chit!" The Stormtrooper raised his rifle and firing rapidly.

The shadowy figure dodged the numerous blaster bolts before rushing in and stabbing the Stormtrooper between the gap of his helmet armor with a vibroknife. Blood began pouring from his jugular landing on the figure's wrist. He could hear the gagging by the Stormtrooper as he kicked him off of his knife before wiping the blood with a swipe. "Aveline," Jax said. "I'm inside the prison, meet me at the courtyard. I'm going to draw as many bastards as I can while the Alliance performs their rescue."

Though Jax lost his connection to the Force, he couldn't just wonder around the galaxy while the NJO continues to struggle against a new enemy: The Empire. He needed to do something, anything to contribute to help out his friends even though they probably thought he was dead. Jax infiltrated the prison the old fashion way: Rock climbing thousands of feet in the mountains. Great for avoiding security and those Stormtroopers didn't see him coming.

"It's just like old times Aveline," Jax said smiling. "I'll see you soon Padawan."

Armor Handcannon Death Stick Powder Stun Gas Grenade Scramble Key Computer Spikes PSG-8487 View Masker
Yula Perl Yula Perl

If that was how the Galactic Alliance ran their operations, he was not surprised they struggled in their wars. He perched on the hilltop overlooking the facility, adjusting the vision on his mask to asses the scene. Blasterfire ripped through the air and smoke rose above the complex. Yula and Thirdan and a small group of the others were going to look for the prisoner.

Others were serving as a distraction, disabling defenses. He had kept his team close with him, watching the initial breaching party. ORION would always move with caution and the League, but the time was past to begin striking at the imperials in the galaxy. They had grown far too strong through their inactivity.

"The defenses are engaged," he said at last, clipping his gear and adjusting the View Masker. "It's time to move in. Stay low, stay close. Stealth is our best weapon in this case. They don't know we're here yet. Let's keep it that way."

He nodded to the small team and moved slowly down the hill toward the wall, holding himself low. and letting the View Masker distort the area around him, both for sensors and for sight.

They would help rescue Nida, that was certain, but there were other valuable targets in this blacksite.

Information. Intelligence. Things that could hamper COMPNOR and the ISB for who-knew-how-long. When the Force offered opportunities, he planned to seize it.

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
It occurred to him that the Imperials went after the wrong Perl.

He was quite fond of Nida, she was a gentle and kind person, who upon being released from prison for a crime that was debatably not her own fault, she decided to roll her sleeves up and get right back into the business of saving lives. Adding to the Galaxy instead of taking away from it. It was honestly quite commendable.

As the wall exploded and an entrance was made, he noted with some amusement that Yula was going to be a far greater thorn in their side than any child of some forbidden lineage.

Compared to her far more gentle sister, the eldest Perl had a vicious streak a mile wide. And in today's galaxy, her skills of slicing and espionage were far more dangerous than skill with a blade. Mix in some Jedi training, the ability to call on the Force to know exactly where and when to hit, as well as granting her a general boost in competency. She was a world-class terrorist waiting to happen.

And now the Imperials just moved to the top of her list.

Not the smartest move to motivate a skilled infiltrator to round up a few friends and raid a blacksite where there's no doubt all sorts of interesting tidbits that Aaran somehow doubted the Imperials would want anyone getting their hands on.

He'd have to bring back a nice data packet after picking up Nida, it seems like just the thing to smooth over any unnecessary hostilities from Alliance Command.

"Eyes open Padawan." He said, striding in through the hole as he took in the situation around him. Utter pandemonium. Bolts flying, sabers slashing, chaos unfurling around them. It brought him back to his own youth, the hastily put together rescue of Lannik Dawnstar from the clutches of Darth Voyance so many years ago.

"This will be a learning opportunity." He said softly to the much smaller pinkette beside him. "Be mindful, be aware of everything. Act when your instincts say so."

And with that, he was off. Urging his student to follow as he surged after Yula and her companions, saber at his side, but not ignited just yet. Waiting, watching, preparing for the optimal moment to be fully drawn.

Yula Perl Yula Perl Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo Nida Perl Nida Perl Sars Sarad Sars Sarad

UaaFcjP.png

q0I9Dgt.png

Dorin - Blacksite Barbarous
OBJECTIVE:
Honor the Fel legacy
TAGS: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Jand Talo Jand Talo
DjqGXyQ.png

"Ma'am?" Sergeant Kinnard eyed his charge, acutely aware of the klaxon ringing through the facility. His squad-- nine black-clad purge troopers-- had already moved out the vast room to secure the corridor beyond. They were the elite of the elite, black ops and special forces rolled into one.

Zorah was just standing there, her eyes closed, head tilted just so. She might as well have been a statue. He guessed she might've been meditating, but if so, she'd certainly picked a fine time for it. Word on the coms was that the GA was assaulting the place, most likely to free their people, which meant they had to move. Time was of the essence.

Even from here, in cell block X13-- Zorah had wanted to see her prisoner incarcerated personally-- he could hear the distant booms of battle. It made his trigger finger itch something fierce. Kinnard was a vet, war was in his blood. Just standing here while a fight was going on was making him antsy. The 908th is probably balls deep in action right now. When the silence had stretched too long, Kinnard opened his mouth to speak again--

And Zorah moved abruptly, shocking him into silence as she swept past him. She didn't say a single word, but even he, with all the Force sensitivity of a wooden spoon, could tell that she had figured something out during her silence. Everyone has their quirks, I guess. Over his squads private channel, he said:

<"Seven, push up to the intersection. I'll take rear. The Lady's on her way. Our primary objective is protection, as always.">

<"Roger that, Sarge,">
Seven replied.
<"Moving up.">

Last edited:
<[DIRE HOUR]>
Dorin
Tags: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf , Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575'
Gear: (See Bio and first post)
Current Objective: Destroy Comms Tower

Insurrection
The Padawan lead the way and Dominik was on his heals. His thermal vision from his helmet and cybernetic eye helped somewhat to cut through the dense fog and dust and pick out live targets. With his MagRifle he began plucking stormstroopers out with one or two shots each. Heading to Dorin Dominik had decided to go with a gun that wouldn't show his position. The dust could cover his and other's forms easily, so the faster-then-sound projectiles would only help to conceal him. Though the Padawan's lightsaber somewhat ruined that whole idea. You can never know what will happen on the battlefield.

Then Jasper began talking about what he wanted to do with the Comms Tower and what he had in his bag. He lied about getting permission, but Dominik liked the kid already. "Jasper, I'm SIA. You think I care about permission from other agencies?" Jasper wouldn't be able to see the smirk on Dominik's face, but through the force might have sensed pride in the Padawan. "You're correct. Screw splicing. We blow it up. Give the Empire more to do. Hell, we might be able to start a prison riot."

Dominik heard footsteps coming up on their rear and turned to see a Jedi, covered in white that was turning red from all the dust, and another gunslinger. In fact, he thought he recognized her from SIA. Dominik might have looked at some confidential files on other agents to better know those he'd be working with. He'd been betrayed often enough to be paranoid about GA special agents, of which he was one.

The pair seemed to work well together, she at his back and he deflected bolts as they got nearer. Once they approached Dominik nodded to them both. "You joining us? Comms Tower is our objective." He pointed up at it for them to see. It was pretty obscured by the fog and dust. "Long ways up. We get inside, fight our way up. Blow it up. Kids got the explosi-"

A heavy repeating rifle( Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575' ) swiveled to their position. Jasper was in front and blocking some bolts, but a heavy repeater like that would be tough to block against. Dominik grit his teeth and with his aged Beskar armor slid infront. The bolts jerked him around and he went to a knee to keep himself steady, but he was keeping the kid safe. "Can SOMEONE please deal with that?" He shouted.

A Jedi he didn't recognize shot from behind them, lightsaber in hand as she ran to the stormtroopers position. Just like that the fire on him was relieved and he stood up, armor steaming. He saw a nearby door leading into the compound. He pointed to it. "Inside! Move!" He began making his way there when he heard a woman's cry and the sound of a lightsaber being extinguished. He flicked his gaze back to see her body cooling in his thermal vision, a Stormtrooper standing next to her, looking at his hand. He had killed her.

His lips pressed together hard and he raised his rifle, firing at the trooper. But he was running and at an odd angle. He only got two shots off before his magazine was empty. He reloaded quickly but there were more troopers filling the positions emptied by the Jedi and firing back at them. He knew some would die on this rescue mission. Full frontal assualts to break out one prisoner were bad in his book. Infiltration was a much safer alternative, but with the war going on it seemed like SIA was simply being used as special infantry.

"Open that door, one of you!" Dominik said as he covered them with his armor and weapon. They were sitting ducks out here and those lightsabers were beacons through the obscuring debris.

Tulan Kor Tulan Kor Varos Ignacious Korvan Varos Ignacious Korvan

As the door to her cell jostled open, Nida's head turned sharply towards the soldier in the doorway. Even garbed for war, she'd been able to parse out Tulan's presence among the flurry of combatants as they streamed past her room. Before she could say anything, he'd handed her something that looked as if it had come from Yula's toolbox. Bewildered, she turned the metallic cylinder over in her palm before spark of understanding crackled in her eyes.

"Thank you," Her voice croaked in a whisper from disuse, and he was gone. Nida's heart thumped with worry—both for herself, and for Tulan. She bore no ill will towards him; on the contrary, he'd saved her from falling into the hands of Imperial brand interrogation. With any luck, they'd both survive this.

Oh, how the pendulum swings.

Crouching near the frame, Nida only had about thirty seconds to fiddle with the lock before the door swung open. The captive was now face to face with a helmeted figure in imposing black armor; if it hadn't been for the Empire's emblem, she would have pegged him for a Sith. An unseen force sent her sailing across the room, crashing into the duracrete brick near her bed.

The other boot had just dropped.

Nida gasped and stiffened as she was held against the wall, immobilized in fear. Abuses done to her while she'd been among the Sith had come rushing back all at once, particularly the instance where she'd nearly been choked out by Darth Carnifex in a cell very similar to this one. Even as a prisoner, the Jedi was not as defenseless now as she'd been then. Inhaling deeply, Nida filled her lungs and fought through the poison of her memories to look at her interrogator head on.

"I thought that the Empire had executed the Sith within her ranks."

The collar around her neck dampened her connection to the Force, but Varos would feel Nida resist his hold.

Gideon Saigo vividly recalled Dorin. Twice the Empire, then known as the New Imperial Order, had come for the world; twice for the same reason -- the elimination of Sith elements. A world known for its Core-leaning culture, the progress of improving the planet and its denizens to better align with the Empire's ideals had been arduous but COMPNOR had remained adamant.

One key tool of the Coalition for Improvements' efforts was Blacksite Barbarous.

The Grand Moff of Sector II had come to visit the correctional colony hoping to acquire further knowledge of the system in order to extend the employment of his own CAPF - Chief Apparatus of Penal Facilities. Alas, the timing of his visit could not be worse.

He clenched his fists and turned around with a snap, "Are we blind?!?"

"DEPLOY THE GARRISON!!"​
FN-999

"Open that door, one of you!"

"I'm on it!"

Seku extracted an OutlawTech brute force code breaker from her pack, running for the door as a hail of blaster fire ricocheted off the floor around her with Alex acting as rear guard, deflecting as many blaster bolts as he could with his twin orange bladed sabers.

"How long do you need," Alex asked over the din of weapons fire. "It's getting a little hairy here."

"Should only take a minute or two, hopefully," Seku answered, her lekku twitching with nervous tension as she attached the code breaker to the door's numeric panel and switched it on. "Come on...come on. You can do it..."

Number sequences ran across the code breaker's display at a dizzying pace, searching for a possible valid code that would open the door and allow them to get that much closer to their objective. A blaster bolt bounced off the wall, just inches from Seku's face, causing her to curse under her breath as she flinched out of the way. Reaching into her pack, she extracted a gray metal cylinder with Aurabesh writing on it and tapped Alex on the leg to get his attention.

"Here, this'll buy us some time."

"What is this," Alex asked, hefting the cylinder in his hand.

"Flashbang. If they can't see us...."

"They can't shoot at us. Perfect."

Alex pulled the pin and held the spoon in place. Turning to Dominik and Jasper, he shouted a warning to them to shield their eyes as he lobbed the device towards the heavy weapons fire.

"FLASHBANG! FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
Dominik Borra Dominik Borra
Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575'

[OPEN TO CONFRONTATION]

Allies | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo

A handful of combatants were already aiming to take out the comm tower- good. That would help stifle Imperial communications while dividing their opponent's focus- hopefully. The Empire absolutely had numbers on them, but the instigators weren't here to take hold of Barbarous—even if some of them were gunning for Imperial scalps and intelligence while they happened to be here. So long as Nida was safely retrieved, Yula didn't particularly care whatever else their allies would get up to.

"Nice one, Colonel!"

Thirdas had called to them, drawing the heavier blaster fire towards himself with a makeshift durasteel shield he'd created through sheer brute force. Even for a hulking man, the Valkyri's strength far exceeded what a human of similar stature could do. Yula leapt atop the crest of the catwalk, using it as a springboard to hurdle herself at the wall of the prison. Plasma bolts streaked past her, a few sizzling against her amor, and Yula paid them no mind. Four spider-like hydraulic legs sprung from her back and latched onto the exterior of a window, tearing at the durasteel reinforcement with cybernetic strength and wild abandon to rip a hole in the wall.

Like a parasite, the Zeltron had burrowed into the enemy's system.

"Better keep up, kiddo." Yula's synthesized voice chided Kyra as she scanned her surroundings, all manner of biometric data feeding into her vision. A group of heat signatures heading their way drew her attention.

Bracing one hand against the wall, Yula seized the electrical currents surging through the corridor. Lights flickered, dimmed, then grew intensely bright before exploding—bringing down shards of glass as well as exposed wires and durasteel panels unto their pursuers.

She kept moving, maneuvering over the wreckage and rushing down the hall like a wildfire.

Last edited:
[OPEN TO CONFRONTATION]

Allies | Yula Perl Yula Perl Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo

"I'm not a kid anymore," Kyra shot back, attention already shifted from the turrets Yula had ordered her to take down.

Three more shots disabled the last of them, but it didn't matter, Thirdas pulled them off in a new direction before they could pose much of an issue. Kyra huffed and ran after the group. She didn't bother to waste time glancing back, she let her senses scan the area for her.

Not for sith, there were none of them here, but for nudges. Emotions gave a person away as much as a footstep.

"Why drag us out here if you were just gonna burn the place down-- Hey--!" She dodged the sharp remains of an exploding panel and hoped the force wouldn't let one of those be the air quality controls.

She hated fighting in smoke.

EDWGD1p.png

Sahar|Imperial Knights|Dorin
Tags:// Rakaan Horne Rakaan Horne
dbRE3u5.png

Music

And just as planned, Rakaan ran right into her path. She stepped out and blocked his path, staring the traitorous nonbeliever down with a cold intensity and contempt reserved only for those who'd slighted Sahar or offended the Emperor's memory. Rakaan was the rat and the corridor his trap. She'd waited for him, knowing sooner or later he'd rear his ugly bast*rd head once more in his sad little quest to redeem his confused soul.

"And the little rat makes his appearance, and I thought you were on the right path, but maybe I was wrong, maybe, in fact, I was blind to the reality that you were nothing more than a broken little bast*rd."

The dear Emperor had willed it to happen; she'd prayed and did her part as a faithful servant, wishing destruction upon Rakaan and all his ilk for transgressing against the Empire. She was always the rightly guided amongst Ruriks flock; the others just didn't want to acknowledge it.

"I was too lenient, gods have I relished the thought of breaking you in mind and body, but alas, you're not even worth being offered to the Emperor."

She grinned, wide-eyed and almost joyful at the chance of killing him. Sahar hadn't forgotten what Rakaan did; she was reminded of it every waking day with the scarring on her hip.

"I suppose you'll die like the rest."

Sahar remarked, igniting her lightsaber and assuming a defensive stance.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Dorin
Tag | Aldric Laurent | DM to join/fight

While heavy fire kept her from moving around freely or advancing towards the prison, Valery was able to hold her own and keep herself protected against the bolts of plasma. Some were deflected back into Imperial soldiers to thin their numbers, but she had to deflect most away into almost random directions, as her focus to just keep herself unharmed was already put to the test. Luckily, though, she wasn't alone.

With a careful and precise shot, Aldric took care of the heavy repeating gunner that had kept her pinned down, and he even took care of a few others who hadn't been behind cover against him. "I'm good!" she called out to him while she faintly smiled at his concern, before blasting off again to carve a path towards the building.

Once there, she made sure Aldric caught up before her eyes noticed Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el with another agent also moving for the same comms tower. "Jasper!" she called out over comms, "The tower will be sliced, but we need to keep an area around it secured!" she hoped to coordinate with him. Destroying the tower was an option as well, but with how tall it was, it would only endanger allies fighting around the building.

"Alright, babe, time to go up," she winked at Aldric and exploded up into the air to get to the first ledge, where she stopped and extended a hand to Aldric to yoink him along and bring him close to her on the same platform. They needed to go up several more to reach the top, but they'd have to take it slow enough.

Imperials were already targeting them and opening fire.

ValSword.png

They soon came under fire from a heavy repeating rifle ( Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575' ). Jasper did his best to deflect the incoming bolts, and Dominik's beskar armor was holding up, but something had to be done. Faintly, through the fog of the planet, he saw a Jedi rush in, only to fall moments later. That wasn't going to work. It was pretty clear that rushing in would be pointless.

"FLASHBANG! FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

A flashbang soared overhead, careening towards the storm trooper. Instinctively, Jasper ducked down.

"Thanks... whoever that was!" Jasper shouted back.

As he did so, a voice began to echo in the comm link in his mask.

"Jasper!" she called out over comms, "The tower will be sliced, but we need to keep an area around it secured!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Jasper replied before turning back to Dominik. "Alright, new plan. They got a slicer going up. Master Noble wants us to secure the surrounding area. I have a feeling that our biggest issue right now is that guy." He gestured to the entrance, where the stormtrooper in the doorway was engulfed by the flash grenade. "So, uh... you wanna take point?"

Part of it was his own curiosity. He hadn't seen an SIA agent in action before. The other was the more logical conclusion. One of them had armor. It was probably wiser for the more experienced military man to lead the charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom