Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Deep Poodoo [Jedi, Humanitarians, Drengir]

The world of Antiquity was, on the surface, nothing to write home about. In fact its literal surface was one of muddy flats and jagged, precipitous mountains. Hardly a vacation destination to most. But the world played a surprising yet vital role in galactic economics. It was no trade hub or hyperplane crossroad, but it was one of the galaxy’s primary suppliers of the Teggi Fungal Root. The Teggi Fungal Root, of course, being the key ingredient in Bantha fodder.

Which is why it became such a concern when it was found that a blight was affecting the root farms. Doubly so considering fungi are not typically victims of blight; In fact, they were typically the cause.

It was an agricultural whodunnit, and naturally when phenomena could not be explained, the Jedi were requested to assist. As fate would have it, the Vonnuvi herdship had stopped planetside to offer aid and trade. Through their Enclave, the message went out.

OBJECTIVE I - HELP THE PEOPLE
The Village - Social

poodoo_obj1_banner.png
The farmlands of Antiquity are suffering. To counter the effects of the mystery blight, new seeds will need to be planted. Assist with sowing and reaping what few crops Antiquity can sustain, or get your hands dirty in the muddy fungal farm. The Vonnuvi also welcomes help with relief supplies, and the locals could use an opportunity for comfort and respite.

OBJECTIVE II - FIGHT THE BLIGHT
The Sinkhole - Combat

poodoo_obj2_banner.png
Antiquity’s illness is rooted in malevolent forces. Some of the Jedi have been sent out to investigate the source, and purify it permanently. In a shifting sinkhole, the blight has converged and taken hold. The dark presence behind it leads to one outlying conclusion: a colony of Drengir has found its way to Antiquity. Be careful, and travel in groups— A Drengir infestation is not to be taken lightly.

Got a new thread idea while I was browsing planets. Nothin’ crazy here, obviously don’t show up with a Star Destroyer or whatever, but anyone who could and would reasonably show up to help is welcome to.

Also, if there’s any Drengir PCs out there who are interested in providing some PvP opposition on Objective II, go for it ;)

Last edited:
poodoo_obj1_banner.png

Objective I - Antiquity village - Open

Amani was doing her best to avoid the thick patches of mud, hopscotching across uneven, spongy peatmoss. The locals had no such qualm, sifting through loamy puddles for clusters of precious Tengi root. Much of what they found today was useless. Without a healthy harvest, the local economy would suffer, as would their self-sustainability.

Trade with the Vonnuvi would help stave off the immediate fallout, but a single hership could not meet the demands of an entire region. If they were fortunate, the other Jedi could find the source of this blight and purge it before it spreads even further. The dark implications behind it had Amani deep in thought, but her own focus today was on offering a hand to the people.

Finally the healer did away with her reservations, and scooped out a patch of desiccated mushrooms from the mud. Amani couldn’t claim to match the expertise of proper Jedi botanists, but she was an avid gardener, and a bit more in touch with the natural world than the average Jedi. Perhaps the Vonnuvi’s resources would help her glean something about the irregularities in these samples. She looked up at the massive herdship hovering above, from which a few shuttles were transporting goods and people. If anyone could help with an agricultural crisis such as this, it was the Ithorians.

Last edited:

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Weapons:
Sith Lightsaber - Concealed within R4-Z3
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys | Open
Objective: Help The People

The Red Night soared over Antiquity Village, her engines a quiet growl. Below him, an Ithorian herdship was practically expelling shuttles, making the air traffic heavier than a Hutt at a feast. Gatz made sure to steer his ship clear of the Ithorians, choosing to touch down on a more isolated patch of grass at one end of the village.

With his graceful landing accomplished, Gatz spun out of his chair and stepped out of the cockpit. He walked down the hall at a brisk pace, past the passenger cabins, and slid down the ladder into his cargo bay. His freighter was no herdship, but she was fat enough to store plenty of crates full of relief supplies: mostly food to make up for the poor harvest, but also medicine should the worst come to pass.

That medicine might even save a life, should the worst come to pass for those dealing with the Drengir.

As Gatz slapped the button to lower the boarding ramp, he heard the telltale mechanical rolling of R4-Z3 behind him. He turned to regard the aging astromech, hoping that the damn droid wasn't going to drive him up the wall today.

"I'm gonna need your help pushing these pallets out, Tin Can," Gatz took a step toward one such pallet, "but before we do that... do you still have it?"

<You mean the Sith lightsaber with the bled kyber crystal that Valery explicitly told you to lock up, and not practice with?> R4's binary was overflowing with disapproval, <yeah, it's here hanging out in my dome.>

"Hey, what better place to lock up a lightsaber than inside a droid?" Gatz began to push his hover pallet, "and I'm not practicing with it. I just want you to have it on hand in the case of an emergency. I'm not breaking my word to her."

Gatz stepped past his droid, and down the boarding ramp, his boots coming to rest on dying grass. Antiquity Village had certainly seen healthier seasons, if anything was to go by. Well... he supposed that was why they were here.

"Now hurry up! I promised Master Serys-Organa that we'd help with the harvest when we were done unloading!"

First the Sword had made an upstanding citizen out of criminal scum. Now the Chief Healer was going to make a farmer out of a city boy. What was his life coming to?

Eldervine

Mean Green Mother From Outerspace
Jedi come.

The Light is close. They bring harmony to ruin the harvest we've spent so long sewing.

Cursed Jedi. They will not stop us from sating our hunger.
The Harvest will continue as expected. The Eldervine must be restrengthened.

Deep within the Sinkhole the hivemind spoke amongst themselves. Rotted tunnels spread far through the earth, to the farms across the world. The Drengir had sown their own harvest to reap once the timing was perfect. When the people of this world were at their absolute worst, full of fear and dread as their young fueled the Eldervine. So many plans had been made so they might regrow after the hateful betrayal of the Sith. Of the Maw.

But now the Jedi were here. And the time for patience and farming was over. Dozens of the Eldervine's brood began shifting through the various tunnels to make their way towards their own crops.

Let this harvest be truly bountiful, my children. Feast to your heart's content.

fuNYjte.png

Ma3Qq1v.png

ynh5LgW.png

Crasdon Kaine was not a warrior. He had not come here to fight monsters. But he was an explorer. A man with knowledge of alien plants and animals, and experience studying them while enduring all sorts of perils.

He had the equipment needed to take samples and scans for further study. Which seemed to be exactly what these people needed, right now.

So, when a mysterious blight surfaced on this world that required analysis, it wasn't far out of his way either physically or professionally. He set his scout ship down upon the sad, decaying landscape of this world. Then he got out, clad in his full environmental suit. He rarely got out of the thing while he was on assignment. Alien worlds were full of unknowns, and so were alien blights.

He was bold enough in character to come to places like this.

But he was not careless enough to go without full precautions.

Unloading the scout's jumpspeeder, he made sure his droid was going to watch over the parked craft. Then he rode out in full regalia to find whoever was in charge, and offer them his help. He'd put forth minimal fees on this one, if they accepted his offer.
Just enough to refuel his ship and get on to the next job.

No point squeezing blood from people who were already bleeding to death.

Izara 124221

I
Attire: BMC Biot Catsuit
Objective: I - Help the People
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

It wasn’t often that a medical biot found herself working in the mud to help with treating a plant blight. In that regard, Izara could not help but to feel slightly clumsy as she trampled through the muddy, loamy earth, doubtlessly ruining her outfit in the process. However, the dirty, manual labor also presented a fresh opportunity for the biot. It gave her the perfect arena to expand her skill set and knowledge base beyond the expertise that she already possessed from her programming and databases. After all, botany was closely tied to the sciences of medicine and pharmacology. It was through the study of mycology that the ubiquitous miracle substance of bacta was discovered by ancient Vratix scientists on Thyferra.

Perhaps then, there were more miracles yet to be discovered lying somewhere deep within the fungal fields.

For the moment, Izara had committed her physical attention to the repetitive activity of planting fresh, healthy seeds in the soil where other laborers and farmers had stripped out the blighted ones. The short-statured biot hummed a small bubble pop tune as she worked, slowly catching up to the green-skinned form of the Chief Healer in the process. To that end, she had a number of spore syringes, spore sprints, a flash-sterilizer, and a small healing field generator to kill any blighted spores in the air which might ruin the new harvest. Accordingly, as dirty as the work was, it was also delicate due to the high risk of contamination.

Nevertheless, Izara felt an odd, unbidden sense of euphoria wash over her bio-organic emotional processors as she worked. No wonder non-synthetic organics enjoyed working in gardens so much!

Last edited by a moderator:

OBJECTIVE II - FIGHT THE BLIGHT
The Sinkhole - Combat

poodoo_obj2_banner.png

Braze's arrival on Antiquity was driven by a desire to contribute to the Jedi's humanitarian efforts. Having heard the call for assistance, he saw this as an opportunity not only to help those in need but also to test his abilities in a real-world scenario.
Braze had been accompanied by his friend and elder padawan Ko, well aware of the challenges his friend faced, and took it upon himself to be Ko's guide and support.

"We're stepping onto a patch of soft, marshy ground now," Braze would say, or "There's a large tree to our right, its roots sprawling across the path... We wouldn't want you being eaten by a giant ogdobogdo again..."

Shortly after landing, Braze assessed the situation, his keen eyes taking note of the challenging terrain of the wetlands. He understood the importance of being vigilant in such an environment, where the unexpected could lurk around any corner. Braze was mindful of potential obstacles, warning Ko of uneven ground or low-hanging branches, always with a calm and reassuring tone.

After checking in with local authorities and gathering a bit more information he decidedly approached Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine

Approaching Crasdon with a friendly demeanor, Braze extended his offer of partnership. "Hello there... I'm Braze, mind if I accompany you? I think the lands here are dangerous, and there's a bit of safety in numbers. We can look into the big sinkhole together," he suggested. His tone was earnest, conveying both his willingness to collaborate and his concern for their mutual safety.

Untitled961_20231115221935.png

Objective: Objective 2 - The Blight
Tag: Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine Eldervine Eldervine Braze Braze

The Jedi Master had heard that antiquity had been having problems with Drengir, a sentient plant that was so divorced from sapient morality that it simply could not co-habit a space with them. The woman was deep within the forests trying to seek them out, it wasn't hard to find them, considering the strength of their darkness. She had her lightsaber, but hoped that she might not need to draw it, Drengir were sentient, which meant they could reason, they just generally did not care too. But Yennic would try the approach anyway, Floroids had as much right to exist as Faunoids and it would be wrong not to give them the opportunity to speak their piece, it was lucky that her own biology made her less... tempting, for the Drengir to feast on, if it was plant matter they craved, they wouldn't be attacking the faunoids in the first place.

There was another person nearby, and Zhan adjusted her direction to find him, approaching the location of Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine and the other man, a Jedi by the look of him, to investigate his presence here, they might complicate her mission if they proved to be hostile actors. She spotted the man not far from her and called out. "Hey!" before sliding down a verge next to him. He struck her as a scientist. "Are you here for the drengir too?" she gently tapped and removed her fingers from her forehead as a way of a greeting. "Yennic Zhan"

poodoo_obj1_banner.png

The Village, Antiquity
- Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar - Amani Serys Amani Serys - Izara 124221 -
div-green.png
R'Ruug was covered in mud. And he loved it.

Kneeling in the brackish sludge, the broad form of the Whiphid sat hunched, digging shallow holes with his clawed hands, and pressing fresh seeds into the soft earth. He'd forsaken most of the Jedi clothes he'd picked up in his short time with the Order, instead going back to his usual wardrobe- Jerba leather and hard-spun wool, complete with a wide hat to keep the sun from his eyes as he worked.

It was familiar work. He'd spent years sowing seeds on Taanab, before becoming a Jedi. Each planting, each gentle sweep of his hand to cover the seeds, each speckle of mud that splashed his golden hair, was a ritual he'd perfected as a boy. So much about being a Jedi was unfamiliar, and new, and difficult... but this, he knew. This, he enjoyed.

He recognized the crop from it's smell. Whenever he drove the Jerbas past the Bantha pens, the scent of fodder always accompanied the other aromas of animals. Most crops, you wanted to keep from getting infected. But this time, they wanted to spread spores. It was... cool.

Finally, the Whiphid ran out of his first bag of seed, and stood up to get more, covered in rich black mud. Pulling himself out of the farmland, R'Ruug tried to find another bag of the cash crop. He passed both a green-skinned Jedi and a strange pointy-eared person as he went, and he gave them both friendly waves. It was nice to work alongside other people for a change.

Then, he saw a man and a droid, pushing pallets. Maybe they could use someone big?

The Whiphid Jedi walked towards Gatz, nodding his muddy head deferentially as he got closer. "Would you like help pushing?"

oVQjL7b.png

Ma3Qq1v.png

Crasdon looked over as Braze approached and spoke to him.

"Pleasure to meet you, Braze," Crasdon said as he extended his gloved hand. "My name's Crasdon. Crasdon Kaine."

When Braze asked if he could come along, Crasdon laughed. "It's me that's coming along with you, Master Jedi. You have seniority over me." 'Jedi' was a fair guess based on the young man's appearance.

"I'm a contractor with Outbound Flight, civilian exploration. I heard about the trouble here and thought I'd bring my equipment and know-how to help analyze the problem. I've got a lot of training with alien life forms. Xenobiology, Xenobotany, that sort of thing.

I was wondering, though... I don't mind donating my time and expertise, but I could really use a fill-up when this is all over. Fuel prices being what they are since the war started."

But before he could get an answer to that, someone else approached. Another Jedi, it seemed like.

"Hey! Are you here for the Drengir, too?" She touched her forehead, adding, "Yennic Zhan."

Crasdon's amiable expression vaporized. "Drengir? I'd heard there was a blight..."

He blinked, finally putting two-and-two together.

"Drengir... the blight is just a spiderweb, then... you guys are the flies."

He frowned. As far as he knew, none of them were properly equipped to face such a monster of a life form.

"I'm sorry, Jedi Zhan. I'm Crasdon Kaine, Outbound Flight.

Listen, Master Knights... I don't know if you've heard of these things before. But... based on what I've learned about them in my studies, we may want to just take off and torpedo the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure."

Braze Braze
Yennic Zhan Yennic Zhan

Eldervine

Mean Green Mother From Outerspace
"Jedi are still as fascinating as before."

The voice came from behind braze. Darkness seeped through the air, oppressive and all consuming. Fogging the usual sight a Jedi might have. Plantlife twisted and grew, taking a shape similar to Braze in silhouette alone. No eyes, no facial features. Just a hungry, gaping maw for a smiling mouth. Terror. It exuded that sensation unnaturally, preying on the weak minds and wills of those who might arrive, of those who stood before it.

Drengir were monsters in both body and the Force.

"The Harvest will be bountiful indeed. So many of you arrived here. Delicious meat. Struggle. It will make you taste that much better."

Braze Braze | Yennic Zhan Yennic Zhan | Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine

OBJECTIVE I

Makko had seen the impressive herdship on his way down to the planet. An entire biome in a space station. Makko would ask if it aa possible for a Jedi to visit.

The Whiphid Jedi walked towards Gatz, nodding his muddy head deferentially as he got closer. "Would you like help pushing?"

"Hey mate," Makko called out towards Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar . "I can't help as much as he can..."

He jabbed a thumb towards the mud-soaked whipid.

"...but if you need another pair of hands unloading."

Makko didn't know the first thing about farming. He'd grown up on an industrial planet.

He didn't know that Gatz was a friend of two of the most important people in his own life: Cora and Lossa.

"I'm Makko."

Or as Cora had described him: a stray from Denon with a neck tattoo and a horrible attitude. Those neck tattoos being quite visible.

Learning that there was another situation like the one he had faced on Hetzal Prime, a humble world being tormented by blight. Naturally it brought back memories of his dreadful encounter with Drengir and with his fire within him to act. He’d done a lot to learn and research the botanical monsters since then so that he was ready for whenever he may be able to return to the agricultural powerhouse of Hetzal Prime.

When he was informed about the situation in Antiquity Ko had no hesitation in wanting to join in investigating the situation there. Learning of a suspicious blight raised a lot of red flags in his mind.

Once there he met up with his padawan Friend who elected to be his ‘eyes’. It was considerate but largely unnecessary in Ko’s opinion. A mysterious sinkhole was their destination, and he could sense a familiar malevolent force which made his stomach turn. While the Kel Dor was trying to remain vigilant he was honestly being a bit distracted by Braze’s efforts to share what they were seeing. Ko could ‘see’ them as well, heck he could even see the worms coiling around in the marshy ground beneath them.

Hearing the comment about being eaten by an Oggdo Boggdo, he let out a sigh. “Braze, you don’t need to worry too much about me. I may be blind but I’m far from oblivious.” He tried to say with a patient tone, not wanting to just disregard Braze’s efforts to help him.

Soon enough they encountered another individual, not someone who seemed to be a Jedi like they were. Braze’s mention of ‘safety in numbers’ had Ko consider the possibility that a numerical advantage could be used against them. Recalling how the security team Ko was with back on Hetzal Prime were made to turn against him by the Drengir. The man was an explorer which got Ko’s attention. “You work with Outbound Flight, that’s really cool. When I was younger I always wanted to be an explorer…” Ko confessed, commenting on Crasdon’s profession. Now however the Kel Dor felt like such a future wasn’t really possible anymore.

Not long after another individual arrived. A woman, and from Ko’s best guess a Jedi, although one that he’d never heard of before. The Kel Dor patiently listened to them discuss the situation. If he was being honest he didn’t really disagree with the notion that some sort of bombardment was necessary. Scorched earth was an extreme, but viable option when dealing with Dregir be believed, even just a single remnant of them and propagate and start a whole new infestation. There were no half measures when dealing with them.

Suddenly Ko felt a dire tremor in The Force close by, behind Braze. Under his mask Ko’s expression became stern and reflectively intercepted between the younger padawan and the overgrown weed. Ko pointed at the Drengir accusingly and spoke up in response to it. “I’m only going to say this once, so listen up! All of you!” The Kel Dor said loudly, as though he was addressing a crowd more than a single individual, and how Ko perceived it, he was. Drengir basically operated with a hive mind. By talking to one he was hoping he was talking to all of them at once. “Cease you’re plague on this planet and leave immediately!” Ko demanded.

Braze cast a curious glance at the approaching woman, his eyes briefly scanning her attire, which seemed somewhat out of the ordinary. Crasdon Kaine had just shared his perspective on the matter at hand, and Braze found himself in agreement with Crasdon's viewpoint. He was flattered by the respectful reference to him, though he didn't get the chance to clarify that he was, in fact, a newly appointed Padawan, not yet seasoned in the ways of the Jedi.

The woman was unfamiliar to Braze, and he couldn't place her within his knowledge of the New Jedi Order or their allies. His intrigue about her identity grew, but before he could ponder further, he felt an inexplicable chill run down his spine. This sensation was a precursor to a more startling development.

Turning his attention to the creature that had taken a form similar to his own, Braze's somber jade green eyes widened in surprise and caution. The creature's mimicry was unsettling, and Braze instinctively knew that maintaining contact with the ground was unwise in this situation. Reacting quickly, he stepped back, summoning little vortexes of swirling wind beneath each foot. These vortexes lifted him slightly off the ground, providing a safer vantage point from which to assess and respond to the creature's actions.

Braze's training had prepared him for unusual and potentially dangerous encounters, but this situation was beyond the ordinary.

As Braze processed the unsettling sight of the creature mimicking his form, he instinctively knew that this situation required a careful and strategic approach. His gaze shifted to Ko, seeking guidance from his friend who, despite his blindness, possessed a unique insight and understanding of such peculiar encounters. Braze respected Ko's judgment and was prepared to follow his lead if necessary.

Simultaneously, Braze's protective instincts kicked in. He drew his two-handed long blade saber. The saber hummed to life, casting a soft glow around him, its presence both reassuring and formidable.

Positioning himself in front of Crasdon Kaine, Braze adopted a defensive stance, ready to shield Crasdon from any potential threat. His stance was firm and resolute.

"Stay close. " He said to Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine .

Last edited:
The mud was less than ideal, but Eloise certainly felt more comfortable here than on Coruscant or any other ecumenopolis. It was closer to Chaldea, except not as crispy. Or Zaathru, just without the false gods demanding sentient sacrifices.

Less appealing was the fact that she was working out in the muddy fields with a chick that had a... very interesting look to her, and not unloading crates with a bunch of hot guys. Not including the Whiphid, although he did have a majestic head of hair which probably made him popular with the lady Whiphids.

The big-eared gal working alongside her was humming a bubbly tune which was fast becoming an earworm. Eloise slipped an earbud into one ear and turned it to something more palatable to her tastes...

Seeing the haste with which others had arrived lifted the Chief Healer's spirits. Fellow Jedi— including her own padawan, who was typically inclined to more high-energy outings— And even non-Jedi. A medic was working the fields, and a member of Outbound Flight had gone to join the expedition into the sinkhole. She hoped they could handle the Drengir inside.

Amani cleaned off her tangle of mushrooms, and turned toward the camp. She offered R'Ruug a wave in return; He was new, but seemed pleasant from what she had seen. Gatz and Makko had shown up as well, with a fresh delivery of supplies. The more the better. "EmTee, is there a bioscanner here somewhere? Maybe a microscope?"

Her medical droid perked up, "I believe the Ithorians are unloading some tools now."

Right on cue, a few shuttle workers rolled out a selection of carts into the camp, very much including the appliances she requested, and a few others that might be useful for today's mission. "Excellent. Thank you." She politely co-opted one of the carts, putting a fungal on a slide to examine it more closely under the lens.

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Weapons:
Sith Lightsaber - Concealed within R4-Z3
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys R'Ruug R'Ruug Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Izara 124221 Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn
Objective: Help The People

Two steps off the ship, and already people were clamoring to help him. Well, that was nice, actually. Gatz had assumed he'd be unloading on his own, like he usually did. The first gentleman was a Whiphid—a species of people that Gatz only knew of, and had never met. And while he didn't know much, he was certain that the man's brawn would come in handy.

"Yeah, I'd appreciate it."

Then came the second man, and even if he hadn't introduced himself, the tattoos on his neck alone would have rung a bell in his mind. So this was Makko? He was exactly what Cora had described... and if a man with his sort of past could become a Jedi, maybe there was hope for Gatz after all.

Don't get your hopes up, his mind whispered to him, who would ever take you as their Padawan?

Gatz didn't like his mind. Most days it was his enemy. But in this case, it was right: better to keep his expectations as low as humanly possible. He'd been unwanted by far too many people for far too long. No point in returning to the Order just to run into the same problem.

"Makko Vyres, maybe?" Gatz asked, blinking. Then he realized that probably sounded odd, and clarified, "uh, Gatz Derrevar. We have a mutual friend in Cora. But, yes, I'll take all the help I can get."

There were others out in the fields: a woman with long ears, and another woman with purple hair—but they were too far away to ask for help. He thought he could barely pick out Master Serys-Organa in a throng of volunteers, near the camp. That seemed the best place to deliver his crates of relief supplies.

"Looks like everyone else is delivering supplies to the camp. I guess we'll do the same?" Gatz asked his newfound helpers.

Izara 124221

I
Attire: BMC Biot Catsuit
Objective: I - Help the People
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar Makko Vyres Makko Vyres R'Ruug R'Ruug
Direct Engagement: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

With another spore injection delivered into the soil, Izara cleaned her hands with an antiseptic wipe and stood up from her work. As she did, the biot caught sight of a small group of males unloading crates from a large, red and crimson-hulled freighter. While Izara felt tempted to join them, the presence of the large, golden-blonde-furred Whiphid in particular told her that the group had all of the help it might need. Accordingly, the biot shifted her attention to the other volunteers, relief personnel, Jedi, and farmers working the fields with her.

In that, Izara quickly registered the presence of a young, purple-haired woman of statuesque build not far from her—specifically, her pounding beats of her music. Gonkrock? Country gonkrock? Hard gonkrock? Unfortunately, Izara was not a musician droid. Nevertheless, the purple-haired woman’s private tune seized the biot’s attention for some milliseconds, before she set her focus towards the main camp.

Upon seeing the Chief Healer bent over a microscope, Izara wondered if it might be helpful for her to see what a blighted spore looked like under the lens. In that regard, registering that the woman working with her was young, Izara sensed that the experience might be fruitful to her, as well.

“Jedi!” Izara called out to the purple-haired woman. “Can you help me with something?” The biot asked. “Let’s get out of the field for a moment and see what the buzz is at camp. I want to see what a blighted spore looks like on a slide.”

Untitled961_20231115221935.png

Objective: Objective 2 - The Blight
Tag: Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine Eldervine Eldervine Braze Braze Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Yennic had not spotted the Kel'Dor jedi along with the first man she had seen, they seemed to have a connection, perhaps a learner and master. She nodded at Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine as he referred to the plants as a blight "Not an inaccurate name to describe them, they are a difficult species, they are sentient but tend not to respect negotiation." She would still always try, it was the right thing to do, not one of the faunoid species arrayed here could claim that at no point in history their people had acted the part of mindless agressors in some way.

The Zelosian felt the creature taking form nearby, a dark silhouette that Zhan could feel pressing on her mind, her balance in the force allowed her to resist such chaos, but she was aware of the nature of these beasts. She was also acutely away of the effect of it on her own biology, as much as it would have no interest in her as a prey species, its very presence had a wilting presence. Luckily for her, her own force prowess would maintain her vitality, but small changes would begin, her hair was a little dryer and her skin that little bit less lustrous.

Ko demanded to the interloper that it and its kind end their plague and leave this place immediately, it was a necessary declaration. Zhan added her own thought, sending them telepathically to the hive, while keeping her own defences up. <<You know how this cycle plays out, we fight, some of us die and you feed, then our allies incinerate you from a distance to decimate your hive, we both lose every time. There should be another option, there are many planets with much huntable fauna that should not bring you into this conflict>> She did not draw her own saber yet but had it at her waist, should she need it.

Braze appeared to e ready to defend the scientist, she wondered if either of the other Jedi had fought Dregnir before, if not, it would be quite the learning experience.

To think Shan, of all people would be down getting himself dirty as he worked on the farm. He was used to the dirtiness of medicine, it wasn't always sterile as some people might have expected, but outdoor muck was a completely different beast as Shan went to work digging the farm to clear up space for him to litter the new crops in. With every little sprinkle of crops, Shan would recite a small Mirialan prayer. He hadn't never been a religious person himself. His father had always saw it as pointless, and his mother had been the traditionalist in his family. With recent occurrences, Shan had turned towards learning more about his culture, to have both a closer connection to his mother who believed was still out there...but also to try and come to terms himself over things that had happened. The Mirialan infused each seed with a small amount of Force energy to make sure it grew big and strong, sighing to himself afterwards.

The Padawan rubbed at his forehead once he finished another patch of seeds, deciding to take a small break. Time to drink and sit down. It wasn't that long ago that Shan would have worked himself to exhaustion, but he had learned from those mistakes. Leaning up against a small rock, Shan took a few sips of water from his canteen. It was interesting to see how therapeutic hard work could be. It felt quite achieving if he was being honest to himself and felt like he was giving back. Shan just took his canteen and dumped some of it over his head to help himself cool down as well. Sure, he might have been able to use the Force for that, but he didn't want to rely on it for everything.

"You having fun over there?" Shan glanced over towards Saria Rae Saria Rae , a small grin on his face as he checked on his fellow Padawan. He was always checking in on her when he could. He could never understood why he was always so concerned about her, maybe it was because of the familiarity he had with her...Though even now, he still couldn't quite put his finger on it. It clearly wasn't just because they were both Mirialans, since he never had this familiarity with Amani...Oh well. It wasn't important for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom