Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Deep Poodoo [Jedi, Humanitarians, Drengir]

“Perhaps, they could, in theory. But, they seem to prefer feeding on sentients. If what you said is true, Chief Healer, I speculate that the emotions of sentients are the most potent and fulfilling on the menu. That said, it's possible that the killing of other plants is vestigial trait that was retained. The planet that they evolved on could have been host to other carnivorous plant species. Killing other plants might have started as a method of removing other predators from the food chain.”
"They haven't shown the tendency to. All accounts point to the Drengir being obligate carnivores. Perhaps they can gain additional sustenance from plant life, or manipulate it in a manner that suits their needs, but if so I don't think it's ubiquitous. Not anymore than a human being able to take control of other humans to do their bidding. Or if it is, it's nothing to do with biological processes."

"...'Kay," Eloise muttered, feeling more out of her depth than ever after listening to a paragraph each from the two women.

Amani bemoaned the fact that the Drengir were elusive and hard to combat. Eloise raised an eyebrow. Now they were speaking her language. "Killing it with fire works, doesn't it?"

poodoo_obj1_banner.png

The Village, Antiquity
- Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar - Makko Vyres Makko Vyres -

div-green.png
R'Ruug understood most of those words.

He'd spent most of his years fearing a bad harvest like this one. If they couldn't grow their food, it made sense they had to get it another way. The Whiphid nodded, even though he wasn't at all certain what a disinfectant or a philanthropist were. "Mmm. Then it is good you brought them. Thank you, Mr. Derrevar."

R'Ruug returned to his work, putting his forehead against the floating pallet to push it, alongside his hands. He let the two humans have their conversation, talking about a Cora and a Val and a Lossa, none of which he remembered from his short time at the temple. No, R'Ruug was comfortable working in silence.

It was one of his favorite things to do.

With the Whiphid pushing in comfortable silence for a while longer, the trio finally made it to the camp. The broad-chested padawan started grabbing neat stacks of supplies, and deposited them on the ground. He didn't even truly notice as people began appearing slowly from all around them, some looking hopefully, some dejectedly, at the three of them and their gifts.

Izara 124221

I
Attire: BMC Biot Catsuit
Objective: I - Help the People
Tag: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani bemoaned the fact that the Drengir were elusive and hard to combat. Eloise raised an eyebrow. Now they were speaking her language. "Killing it with fire works, doesn't it?"

The purple-haired Jedi seemed to possess an affinity for combat. In that regard, her shifting of the conversation’s topic coaxed a small smile from the biot’s lips.

“A really, really powerful chemical herbicide might work as well, formulated with a higher concentration than what’s used in agriculture. Something like, 2,3,7,8-tetrachloro-dibenzo-para-dioxin.” The biot said, without missing an inflection, a beat, or a breath in pronouncing the complicated formula. “I could see Drengir-infested areas being sprayed with it via aerial application. Unfortunately, there are some very obvious risks and hazards to consider with it. For one, you wouldn’t want anyone living in the area after it’s used, possibly for generations, unless there was an extensive environmental cleanup campaign.” Izara finished, albeit with a slight frown. However, with what she knew of the Drengir, there were certain severe cases where using it might very well be worth it, if normal methods failed.

With that, the biot quickly finished setting up her own microscope station and placed her own samples on a slide.

“In a laboratory environment, it may not be too difficult to test its efficacy. But I admit, it's almost a Base Delta Zero option.” She added.

Last edited by a moderator:

Untitled961_20231115221935.png

Objective: Objective 2 - The Blight
Tag: Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine Eldervine Eldervine Braze Braze Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

It was a pity that Eldervine Eldervine did not wish to negotiate, but it was the fault of the creature on front of her that it did not reached the level of evolution that allowed it to develop reason. She would always seek to ask, knowing that her own people too must have had that dawn like moment when true sapience replaced more basic instincts. The woman felt its presence pushing into her psyche, she would not let it overwhelm her, but she certainly felt unnaturally hungry, an unusual experience for the Zelosian woman to say the least.

aggressive negotiations

As much as Yennic loathed this term, a popular one used by some Jedi to justify their desire to use the blade, the young man was correct and the plant in front of them was more than happy to play this game. The ambush was sprung and all of the Jedi present quickly reacted, Yennic brought her forearm up rapidly in front of her and blocked a pair of lashing tendrils with the force, wicked thorns extended from the vine and Yennic could see the oozing poison that they exuded. She instantly recognised the power that Ko Vuto Ko Vuto was using to control the plant. Yennic turned her hand around with her palm to the vines and small jolts of emerald coloured lightning shocked the vines into recoiling away from her and giving her the few moments to join Vuto. "What is your plan Jedi" she raised her hand alongside his and added her own strength into the plant surge power. As a Zelosian, it was one of the first abilities she had mastered and the Kel Dor would be able to feel the aid she was providing. "I fear we will have to destroy this one, but if we can contain it for relocation, I would be happy to assist getting it off world.

Crasdon, do you have containment facilities on your vessel?"
she called to the scientist.

Last edited:
R'Ruug R'Ruug Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar

"Glad we've got you!" Makko said to their tall companion as he lifted supplies.

Makko was indeed grateful for the muddy whipid. He didn't always have the patience for physical labour, but this was a good cause. It still saved him a trip having an extra pair of particularly large hands.

Gatz talked on the way. Makko tried to let the irrational jealousy wash away. No one deserved it.

Then something happened to burn it away under the light of pure joy.

she somehow got me to admit my embarrassing crush on her friend Lossa

"Lossa?" Makko asked, turning towards Gatz with a huge grin.

"She's a good friend!"

His eyes shone with devilry. Goodness the two of them would make quite the couple.

"Does Lossa know yet?" Makko teased. He tried to make it obvious the teasing wa slight hearted in nature with his tone.

"There's not much consensus of effective counters to the Drengir," Amani said, "They only thing I've heard works for certain is exposure to the vacuum of space. They regenerate from most other attacks. Historically, they've been beaten not through extermination, but through stasis. If the hive mind nexus can be subdued, the rest will follow."

She looked quizzically to Izara. The idea could indeed work in theory, but as the doctor herself pointed out, it was at best a total last resort. Amani shook her head, "That's not in the cards. It's simply too volatile, and too dangerous." Another shrug, "Still, perhaps the line of thinking has merit. Weaponized herbicides might have an affect, but their potency has a fine line that can't be crossed."

Ah, now we're cookin'! Eloise nodded along as the discussion turned to how best to kill Drengir, a subject she was very interested in. According to Amani, the only surefire way to unalive this sentient murder plants was by exposing them to the vacuum of space. "Too bad we can't take the planet's atmosphere and temporarily put it somewhere else," Eloise remarked.

Izara suggested an extra potent herbicide, but admitted it would damage the environment so severely, the land would be uninhabitable for generations to come. "Yeah, that's not ideal. What's this about a hive mind nexus?"

Ship: TYE-wing
Weapons: Gaderffii, MR-90 "Covert Causality" Proton Rifle
Tags: Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine Eldervine Eldervine Braze Braze Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Yennic Zhan Yennic Zhan
Objective: Do some gardening :)

Tor had only spent a mere two hours on Antiquity and was already getting scared looks from people. It was true that his people had a reputation that preceded even those unborn. Savages...nothing but savages. His mere presence scared many of them. He had tried to assist in moving equipment, but the locals prevented him from doing so. This eventually led to his decision to fight the Drengir. Perhaps they would not be so fearful if he showed that he had no intentions to harm them. He had quietly joined the war party and observed them for a while. They were busy discussing methods of liberating the people. Soon, they came upon one that attacked the Jedi Yennic Zhan. He watched as another, Ko Vuto, aided in subduing it using some kind of Jedi magic. What came out of Yennic's mouth next shocked him.

Yennic Zhan said:
"I fear we will have to destroy this one, but if we can contain it for relocation, I would be happy to assist getting it off world."

Though his face was covered, a look of confusion went over his face. "Relocate it? Seriously? Wouldn't that be moving the problem to another planet for their people to deal with? I say we end it here and now!" He lifted his rifle and aimed it at the head of the plant beast. "Give the okay, and this will all be over." The Jedi had no jurisdiction over him, but he wasn't about to act out of turn in front of them. After all, he knew what one could do to them.

Last edited:

Braze, in the midst of the chaotic battle with the Drengir, focused his efforts on ensuring Crasdon Kaine's safety. With a sense of urgency, he maneuvered to set Crasdon down on stable ground, away from the dangerous crater. His priority was to create a safe distance between the menacing Drengir and their knowledgeable companion.

Acting swiftly, Braze positioned himself strategically between the writhing mass of leaves and strangling vines and Crasdon. He was determined to act as a barrier, protecting Crasdon from the immediate threat. To maintain his own safety and mobility, Braze used his Force abilities to create small whirls of wind under his feet. These pockets of wind allowed him to stay elevated, avoiding the perilous reach of the Drengir's hungry maw.

In the heat of the moment, Braze's attention was drawn to Yennic 's actions, or lack thereof. Frustrated by what he perceived as Yennic 's naivety and inaction, Braze's response was sharp and unfiltered. "Hey Yennic , do you mind NOT being incredibly naive and making yourself USEFUL and HELP?" he practically barked. His tone was harsh, a reflection of the stress of the situation and his straightforward, brutally honest nature.
Braze's lack of politeness was not out of malice but rather a manifestation of his direct and candid personality. In high-pressure situations, his focus was on action and results, sometimes at the expense of diplomatic communication.

"Relocate it? Seriously? Wouldn't that be moving the problem to another planet for their people to deal with? I say we end it here and now!" He lifted his rifle and aimed it at the head of the plant beast. "Give the okay, and this will all be over."

Braze was thnakful a voice of reason spoke up but he didn't consider himself the lead here and defered to Ko Vuto Ko Vuto 's judgment call.

Izara 124221

I
Attire: BMC Biot Catsuit
Objective: I - Help the People
Direct Engagement: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Amani Serys Amani Serys

Pulling a small spray bottle of herbicide out from her bag, Izara quickly set to work on preparing a new slide as the two women—Master and Padawan, if her impression of their relationship was correct—continued to discuss. At the very least, the biot hoped to test part of the group’s ideas now. Did herbicides truly hold any promise for eradicating the Drengir? If it proved effective against whatever was driving the blight under a microscope, a weaponized formula might very well work to kill or weaken the Drengir if applied on a mass scale.

However, when the Chief Healer mentioned the hive mind nexus, another idea came to mind.

“What about some kind of psychoactive drug capable of effecting the hive mind, formulated for plant nervous systems? Perhaps the Zelosians or Neti have something!”

At the very least, the idea sounded promising!

Eldervine

Mean Green Mother From Outerspace
"AHH! FIRE!! IT BURNS!!!"

The mirror of Braze screeched as the flame washed over it's face. Then, laughed. A full on cackle as it lowered a hand to reveal the flame that had been sent caught in it's hand. Swirled around it freely as it very openly bent the Force to it's will. "Kidding. Did you think Jedi and Sith have a monopoly on the Song? Would you like to hear it?" The flame snuffed out in it's palm before it reached out. The ground writhed further. Rotted plant life suddenly surged under it's command, vines writhing up to capture Braze where he stood.

All of them, really, to drag them back down towards the waiting maws of the Drengir swarm.

Then, it faded. Melded back into the earth before popping up beside the utterly destroyed corpse of one of their own. Plant Surge. It was using the ability itself, but it hadn't expected to see a Jedi use it. They shouldn't have. The maw spread into a wide grin as they 'stared' at Ko, and the Song of the Harvest was suddenly at it's loudest. Ko had touched upon the Hivemind, stared into the Abyss, and now it was actively trying to draw them in.

Give in to the Hunger, Jedi.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Braze Braze | KkT'or'R'R'R KkT'or'R'R'R | Yennic Zhan Yennic Zhan | Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine

Untitled961_20231115221935.png

Objective: Objective 2 - The Blight
Tag: Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine Eldervine Eldervine Braze Braze Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Wouldn't that be moving the problem to another planet for their people to deal with?

She laughed "Might I suggested an uninhabited one?" she had not thought it necessary to specify that but perhaps it was. The creature was intelligent and force sensitive, she was quite sure that if it had been a faunoid species then the option to surrender and leave would been higher on the agenda of the Jedi, but it was what it was, and if they mistook her merciful intent for naivety, then she would not let it trouble her after all, she felt no ill will from the Jedi as he defended his charge and not all Jedi were built the same.

One of the drengir succumbed to the manipulations from Ko, but he had gotten the attention of the hive now, so Yennic would focus on defending him. Through her force sight she could see the tendrils of darkness trying to penetrate her ally. Pulling her blade out in case she needed to defend herself physically she held up her other hand and a white glow appeared in her palm. Force light flooded the area around Ko and pushed back the attacking darkness to where it came. Any Drengir caught withing the light would be measured for their personal darkness and react accordingly. If mercy was not an option, then power must be the alternative.

She felt her own hunger subsiding as her light pushed away the darkness that was threatening to consume her.

Ko had noticed the unfamiliar Jedi’s aid in subduing Drengir with him. Shocked some to see another use the power of Plant Surge in this rather destructive way. When Ko had used this ability like this before. He felt a bit ashamed, like he had perverted a technique used for cultivation. She also seemed to defer to him as to what he had in mind for the plant monsters.

It seemed as though others were looking to the Kel Dor outdoorsman for some leadership. Before he could answer, Ko noticed how Braze’s flaming attack didn’t seem to harm the presumed Drengir leader at all. Which was certainly concerning to him. As they turned their attention upon him he felt the shadow of their mental presence like he had once before. However, during his prior experience when they attempted to invade his mind, it was as though they hit a telepathic brick wall. Now however Ko buckled slightly.

Sparking a bit of righteous fury within the Kel Dor like he felt during his previous encounter with Drengir. Until he was further supported by the unfamiliar Jedi. Feeling a reassuring light cascade over him and keeping him safe from their mental tampering. He also noticed another individual as well, not recognizing them as a tusken given his Force based observation. Finally, Ko spoke up to those around. “I say we end them here. Their hive mind means they all share in the guilt of their transgressions here. Even if uncivilized, I won’t be responsible for unleashing them on another world and condemning it to ecological disaster!” Ko declared, making his intentions clear to all around. He doubted they could capture and contain even a single Drengir. Even if they somehow could, Ko didn’t want to unleash them on just another world, be it civilized, or barren. Plus they might break free of their containment in transit, and even one Drengir commandeering a ship was not an outcome he wanted to think about.

Ko put his focus back into the task at hand. Briefly observing the scene through The Force before placing his hand against the ground. Sensing more writhing bodies within. He wanted to turn their subterranean advantage against them through his earth shaping/geokinesis. Harnessing the latent energy within the soil to create something like a seismic blast within it to crush the Drengir within the ground.

ralph-mcquarrie--sand-people.jpg

O B J E C T I V E
DO SOME GARDENING

Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Yennic Zhan Yennic Zhan Braze Braze Eldervine Eldervine Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine
Ship: TYE-wing
Weapons: Gaderffii, MR-90 "Covert Causality" Proton Rifle

Yennic Zhan said:
She laughed "Might I suggested an uninhabited one?" she had not thought it necessary to specify that but perhaps it was.

Tor didn't take too kindly to the laughing from Yennic. He felt as if his opinion wasn't being taken seriously. Lowering his rifle, he muttered to himself, Jedi, I never cared for their arrogance. While it was true that not all Jedi were arrogant, most he had encountered in his life were. Often, he could be found talking critically of the way a Jedi held themselves. However, Ko Vuto seemed to be of a good nature.

Ko Vuto said:
"I say we end them here. Their hive mind means they all share in the guilt of their transgressions here. Even if uncivilized, I won't be responsible for unleashing them on another world and condemning it to ecological disaster!"

Ko's assertiveness was something that was greatly appreciated. "Exactly, why save one planet just to doom another?" Without hesitation, he raised his rifle and went to work shooting at the Drengir. Each shot was placed with delicate precision. One...two...three, down went each Drengir he aimed at.

Tusken-Raider-on-a-bantha.jpg

Last edited:

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Weapons:
Sith Lightsaber - Concealed within R4-Z3
Tag: R'Ruug R'Ruug Makko Vyres Makko Vyres
Objective: Help The People

"Mmm. Then it is good you brought them. Thank you, Mr. Derrevar."

'Good.' That was a funny word to hear in relation to his own actions, even after a year of pursuing just that. Gatz wondered if he'd ever shake the self-image of being scum. Between Valery, Briana, and now Cora and Master Serys-Organa, he was being reminded that he wasn't that scoundrel anymore. But the memories of that man still haunted him.

"I do what I can." Gatz smiled at the Whiphid.

He joined R'Ruug in unloading the crates he'd brought, and passing out necessities to those who began to gather. It was a simple thing to do, but it felt more worthwhile than anything he'd done in his six years in Hutt space. Even the more dejected of those affected, who often didn't bother to look them in the eye, looked a little relieved to have food to eat.

He remembered that relief. Finally, months later, Gatz could pay forward what Valery Noble Valery Noble had done for him. He hoped that would make her proud.

In the midst of their humanitarian work, Makko dropped Lossa's name. Gatz smiled—whether just from hearing it, or because he found it humorous that Makko guessed immediately, Gatz didn't know.

"I don't know if she's aware yet. But I mean, I have flirted a little bit, so she has to have some idea." Gatz paused to dig more rations out of a crate, before continuing, "but Cora and Briana are the only ones I've admitted anything to. And now you two."

Gatz shrugged at the man. Did Lossa know? He hadn't a clue. Somehow, he wasn't bothered by the prospect of her knowing, nor the prospect of her not knowing. He supposed he'd just 'go with the flow.'

Ma3Qq1v.png

Crasdon was very grateful for Braze's elemental powers which set him safely upon firmer ground. Then he backed away as vines snaked out to take them, firing more stun shots from his blaster as the vines seemed poised to grab him.

In answer to the question which had been posed, he said, "I have stasis storage pods on my ship, but not enough for the scale of this problem. If any bit of them remains on this world, it'll be as though nothing was accomplished."

He shook his head, "But every solution I can think of would violate Galactic Alliance laws against genocide."

The situation was terrible, untenable. "Forcible relocation, if we could even do it. Sterilization. Wholesale slaughter of the entire population..."

His eyes were wide at the terrible possibilities.

"Guys, every law I know, and every rule of ethics and morality... defeating these creatures means doing things we'd never consider doing to other sentients.

And I worry... doing that kind of stuff... it's more than just a violation of our rules.

It's... dark, isn't it? And the dark is dangerous. Especially for Jedi."

Crasdon looked around him, worried that even if they succeeded, the Force warriors with him could be forever damaged by the victory.

"But... I just can't think of a way out. If we don't defeat these creatures, this world will die."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Yennic Zhan Yennic Zhan Braze Braze Eldervine Eldervine Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine KkT'or'R'R'R KkT'or'R'R'R

"I don't know if she's aware yet. But I mean, I have flirted a little bit, so she has to have some idea." Gatz paused to dig more rations out of a crate, before continuing, "but Cora and Briana are the only ones I've admitted anything to. And now you two."

"Shall I call her and find out?" Makko asked.

He gave a soft chuckle and a wave of one hand to let Gatz know that he was teasing.

"She's one of my best friends, so excuse me finding this fun," Makko apologised.

"Lossa is a pretty good empath. She'll get a read off you if you don't be up front before too long."

"The Drengir are controlled by a great hive mind called the Great Progenitor. If it's put into stasis, all other Drengir would succumb to the same effect." Amani clarified, "Unfortunately, we have no idea where the Great Progenitor is now. Or what's changed since their last imprisonment." Too much was still uncertain when it came to the Drengir. They were just enough of an oddity that many factors could have hypothetically changed, or simply existed and remained unknown up to this point.

"That might work. There are other sentient plant species like the ones you mentioned. They're bound to have differing biological agents at their disposal. Prior records show that Drengir could be tricked into sparing a planet if they believed its inhabitants were toxic to them, or otherwise unfit to eat. If we could somehow use a psychoactive drug to stimulate that…" Amani shrugged, "It would at least stave off the problem while we establish something more permanent."

poodoo_obj1_banner.png

The Great Progenitor,” Eloise echoed. “Why are they always called Progenitor? Why not Great Ancestor, or Forebear, or Begetter… Or Big Mama, for that matter?

“What about some kind of psychoactive drug capable of affecting the hive mind, formulated for plant nervous systems? Perhaps the Zelosians or Neti have something!”

There was something absurdly funny about the little elf chick talking about using biological weapons on a plant monster. Eloise shot Amani a tight little smile, like she was stifling a giggle, wondering if her master felt the same.

Regardless, Izara’s suggestion was the best one they had so far. “Sounds good,” Eloise said. “I think there’s a Zelosian Jedi in the NJO. Name’s Yennic… something. Maybe we could ask her?” Like she would know all about what they were looking for just because she was a Zelosian.

"AHH! FIRE!! IT BURNS!!!"

The mirror of Braze screeched as the flame washed over it's face. Then, laughed. A full on cackle as it lowered a hand to reveal the flame that had been sent caught in it's hand. Swirled around it freely as it very openly bent the Force to it's will. "Kidding. Did you think Jedi and Sith have a monopoly on the Song? Would you like to hear it?

Braze recoiled in terror, his expression that of sheer horror. He flailed desperately, trying to dodge and outmaneuver the relentless onslaught of creeping vines, their sinuous forms ensnaring the air around him.

"This isn't genocide; it's survival! They refused to surrender and now seek our demise. Are you truly afraid of a little gardening? We're the Galactic Alliance's chosen enforcers, sent to annihilate this threat before it engulfs this planet and spreads to others!" Braze's voice was a fierce bark, echoing with a touch of fear. "They are the embodiment of darkness!" His gaze swept over the battlefield, dread in his eyes. "If we fail, this world, and perhaps others, will perish."

The mental contortions the adults were performing in this life-or-death struggle baffled him. He was having trouble trying to focus on the combat at hand with all the moral arguing going on. Before he could further articulate his thoughts, the vines ensnared him, dragging him down with a chilling, squelching sound.

Braze, however, found himself paralyzed by a primal fear, his thoughts churned as a more immediate danger took hold.

The vines, alive with a malevolent hunger, slithered towards him like serpents made of nightmares. Their tendrils were thick and pulsating, oozing a viscous, dark sap that reeked of death and decay. As they wrapped around his limbs, an icy dread clawed its way up his spine.

Braze's breath came in ragged gasps, his heart pounding against his rib-cage like a frantic drum. The vines tightened, their grip unyielding, as they began to drag him towards a gaping maw in the ground. He crawled scrapped and kicked to no avail. The earth itself seemed to open up, revealing a chasm of darkness, an abyss that hungered for flesh and soul.

"Ko!" Braze's voice was a desperate shriek, filled with the raw terror of a boy staring into the face of his own demise. "Help me!"

The ground beneath him became a morass of writhing plant matter, each movement drawing him closer to the abyss. Braze tried to dig his fingers in to the broken bits of dirt clawing desperately at anything to slow his descent into the maw. The air was filled with the sickening sound of squelching and the moist snapping of roots breaking through the soil. The stench of rot filled his nostrils, a pungent precursor of the fate that awaited him.

As he was inexorably dragged towards the chasm, Braze's fingers clawed at the ground, seeking purchase on something, anything, that might halt his descent into the void. His nails tore and bled, but the earth offered no salvation, only a slick, wet mockery of a grip.

The darkness of the pit beckoned, a void so complete it seemed to swallow not just light, but hope itself. The sounds of battle around him faded into insignificance against the pounding of his own heart and the ghastly gurgle that broke free as his lungs were being crushed and all air being pushed from his form as the maw of the earth continued swallowing him whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom