Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Deep Poodoo [Jedi, Humanitarians, Drengir]

Izara 124221

I
Attire: BMC Biot Catsuit
Objective: I - Help the People
Direct Engagement: Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn Amani Serys Amani Serys

Izara gave a facsimile of a sigh as she pulled away from the microscope, after taking a brief moment to study the effects of a herbicide on the blight. There was promise in the idea of killing the Drengir via means of chemical warfare, whether via herbicidal or psychoactive agents. She needed only to begin research on it and perhaps, acquire a bit more expertise. In that regard, she hoped that the Zelosian Jedi might be capable of lending her some assistance. However, there was a distinct possibility that such a weapon might also prove capable of harming Zelosians, Neti, and other plant-like species. The prospect gave Izara a moment of pause as her programming compelled her synthetic mind to question the wisdom of it all. Nevertheless, the biot could not let the idea fall to the wayside. The Drengir were an extremely dangerous enemy that was nigh-immune to nearly all conventional weapons. It would be a boon to the galaxy to finally have something in the arsenal that was capable of weakening them.

“I’ll see if I can’t get in touch with her. I also know someone else who might also be able to help.” Izara said with a soft smile. The biot knew that she was lucky to have Nathan Bloodscrawl as a master. He maintained networks and connections that were deep enough to rival a trench. For her part, she had only just scratched their surface. “My name is Izara, by the way. I work with Doctor Jedi Upacha as a medical intern. I apologize for not introducing myself earlier!” She added, before moving to clean up her workstation. The biot considered telling them more, but quickly decided against it.

“This was a lovely conversation. Thank you both for the assistance, Master Jedi. You’ve given me a lot to think about.” She continued. “I’m going to get cleaned up to help at the clinic, so I’ll be there if you need me!” With that, the biot offered the two women a wave and turned to leave. She would have a lot to consider for the next few hours.

Final Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ma3Qq1v.png

Tags: Braze Braze | Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine | Yennic Zhan Yennic Zhan | Eldervine Eldervine | KkT'or'R'R'R KkT'or'R'R'R
Z9U36lL.png
What in the world was with all this bickering? Ko thought he was part of a strike team? Not some lame senatorial hearing where politicians of all kinds performed a big song and dance to appease their respective power bases to either maintain autocratic authority or re-electability depending on where they’re from. It all made Kel Dor grit his teeth and made him homesick for Dorin. Where swift, deliberate and uncompromising justice were the norms and expectations of just about every able bodied citizen.

Through all the verbal and non-verbal chaos of the situation one thing broke through Ko’s efforts to ignore it all. The voice of his fellow padawan calling out for his help. He snapped his body back to observe Braze getting dragged into a writhing mass of tendrils. Quickly recalling the panic he felt when faced with a similar life threatening situation. Like as if Braze was going to be consumed by a miniature sarlacc pit, and Ko wasn’t going to allow that to happen.

He quickly grabbed his weapon, the humble sword cane that his master had crafted for him and unsheathed the blade hidden within. Marking one of the few times he’d done so in live combat. Despite the lightsaber being a more potent weapon, a simple sword like this was less forgiving as they didn’t cauterize the wounds they inflicted. Not that it really mattered against Drengir, and Ko didn’t expect to slay any with such a weapon. Not even a lightsaber would do much. Energy quickly seeped into the blade, temporarily imbuing it with The Force.

Ko rushed over to where Braze was getting dragged into the maw like pit. In a single and swift motion slashed through each of the tendrils that gripped the younger padawan. With his free hand he gripped the back of his robe and harshly yanked him away from the Drengir. Once he did he let go of Braze and held his hand up toward’s the plant’s mouth of a face. A few small pops and crackles came from his appendage before creating a focused, cone shaped explosion directly towards the Drengir. After Braze’s flames didn’t seem to do anything earlier Ko wasn’t betting on the heat of the blast to do much. But instead the pressure wave it created to rupture it’s body and hopefully kill it.

Braze, still reeling from the terror of being nearly consumed by the Drengir, struggled to regain his composure. His breaths were heavy, his heart racing from the adrenaline and fear that had surged through him moments ago. He lay on the ground, momentarily disoriented, trying to process the rapid turn of events.

As Ko's swift intervention saved him from a grim fate, Braze looked up at his fellow Padawan with tears in his eyes as he shakily pushed against the ground. "Thank you, Ko," he gasped, his voice trembling slightly with a croak. The realization of how close he had come to death was still sinking in, leaving him visibly shaken.

Braze slowly pushed himself up; he couldn't let fear paralyze him, not when they were facing such a formidable enemy. "W-we need to keep fighting," he said, his voice steadier now. "These things... they're relentless. We can't let them win."

Last edited:

ralph-mcquarrie--sand-people.jpg

O B J E C T I V E
DO SOME GARDENING

Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Yennic Zhan Yennic Zhan Braze Braze Eldervine Eldervine Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine
Ship: TYE-wing
Weapons: Gaderffii, MR-90 "Covert Causality" Proton Rifle

After fighting these beasts for so long, the combat was no longer the problem. The issue now was figuring out how the problem grew to be as out of hand as it was. Surely someone would've done something sooner, he wondered. I suppose I shouldn't blame these people for being afraid. He noticed the Padawan Braze Braze getting overrun by the Drengir, requiring Ko Vuto Ko Vuto to save him. Tears were coming down the Padawan's visibly shaken face. Tor rushed over to aid Braze.
Braze said:
"W-we need to keep fighting," he said, his voice steadier now. "These things... they're relentless. We can't let them win."
A fire was lit inside Tor. "Right, we came here with the mission of liberating this planet. To fail them is to fail each other. For you too, to fail here is to fail the order."Raising his rifle to the Drengir, he addressed his comrades."Now I'm no Jedi, but I'm not going to let these people perish under these things. We need to strike hard, fast, and without error."

Tusken-Raider-on-a-bantha.jpg

Crasdon was deeply relieved when the young Jedi was rescued by his companion.

It seemed that none of the Jedi here were worried that doing what was necessary to defeat the Drengir might involve exposing themselves to darkness. Perhaps they were well secured against such termptations by their training. His own research suggested that fighting Drengir could corrupt Jedi, but those accounts were old and the Order might have shored up its defenses against that sort of thing.

For his part, Crasdon hadn't noticed one iota of effect from his attempt to stun the foe with his pistol.

He already knew from historical accounts of these creatures that neither blaster bolts nor lightsaber cuts would defeat them for long. They seemed to have some sort of protection against fire, as well- some control over the elements. That fact hadn't been in the accounts he'd read, and was an unwelcome revelation.

If they were to defeat these creatures, then they needed a different sort of weapon.

"Hypermatter fuel is exceedingly hostile to organic life," he offered at last, "corrosive and toxic. I could drain my fuel tanks and make dispersal canisters. But the site will be salted, so to speak. Nothing will grow here again for decades. And anyone nearby will need a full EV suit to survive the dispersal."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Yennic Zhan Yennic Zhan Braze Braze Eldervine Eldervine Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine KkT'or'R'R'R KkT'or'R'R'R

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom