Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all Jedi (NJO, TJO, SJO)

[member="Lorraei"] you and me would get along well,

On another note, who would be accepted into said confederacy, since there would be outcast Jedi that may want to participate and grow a character [member="Veiere Arenais"]

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Considering that the three or more Factions will not change how they operate or go anywhere? That's up to the faction you choose to join:
  • The Galactic Alliance (New Jedi Order).
  • The Silver Jedi Order.
  • The Jedi Order.
  • Etc (Sacred Lotus, Jedi Enclave, Others?).
Whatever involvement you would have would still be majorly revolved around them, while cooperating with fellow Jedi factions.

I had not planned to make a separate faction for the Alliance itself.

Though if there is that need, it can certainly be discussed; I figured why complicate matters more than they are presently however.

*Puts on historian hat*

It's my observation that the biggest obstacle to Jedi gathering on any RP board is the narcissism of small differences. They broadly agree that Light is the way to go, all pay at least lip service to the canon Code, and generally try to do good, and you would think that would be enough. But Jedi factions tend to emphasize the little things as a way of maintaining their identity.

Take, for instance, whether or not Jedi should actively be involved in war, or even something so simple as marriage and families. What should be a relatively minor disagreement over doctrine gets treated as all out blasphemy, and IC differences collide with OOC egos to create a perfect storm of salt that poisons any attempt to unite. In one memorable instance on an old board, a Jedi writer politely pointed out that the primary Jedi faction had become so insular, it was effectively impossible for anyone to write with them. They promptly threw a fit, declared all the other Jedi heretics, and left the board.

Darksiders in general and Sith in particular tend not to have that problem. They have a common goal, and they more or less accept that backstabbing and betrayal are part of the game. All they really need to unite is someone charismatic enough OOC and powerful enough IC to get a solid core working together, and since success breeds success, anyone else looking to gather some scraps of power jumps on the train and they railroad over the opposition. They don't worry about the little things, they just kick the crap out of the enemy until they've accomplished their goal, at which point they go back to kicking the crap out of each other until the next time the hype trains gets rolling.

Perhaps that's the approach you guys should take. Not the backstabby bit, but the part where you get a solid core of writers together, people who are well known and respected, and show people that you can put aside the little things and work towards a greater goal. There's nothing wrong with the sort of loose confederation you're discussing, but there's only so much it can do if the other side gets the hype train steaming along again.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
If Kay wasn't knee deep in politics, she'd probably be a Jedi, but one that operates as she does in the political arena. Not through telling people how to run their lives, but understanding that they have differences and working with the commonalities.

There are evil things that the Jedi and other 'good guys' have done, as well as good things that the Sith and 'bad guys' have done on Chaos that really blur the line between good and evil.

Some see pacifism as just letting bad things happen and allowing people to die. Whereas going to war on the offensive causes the same effect. Real pacifism seeks a different outcome that could prevent death, not encourage it.

Conflict is what people use for entertainment here, so that's of course the most popular course of action ;) It'll never stop and we wouldn't want it to anyways.

Can the Jedi work together? It seems that they only seek others of their affiliation during times of war. For some war is constant and they know nothing else. It would be great for the Jedi to share other aspects of themselves, their knowledge, their skills. Everyone learns in a different way and there's much that can be discovered in that.

IC Kay would have her own thoughts on the matter. If the Jedi are united more, it means that she'll see even less of her husband. :p But she'll accept it if that's the case [member="Veiere Arenais"] . She always does.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
[member="Veiere Arenais"]

As a long time Jedi Master since the start of the board, I have seen several attempts at this. It was one of the reasons the Jedi Academy came into exisitance.

I'd love to see all the Lightside Jedi orders working together, it if you want to do this, let me suggest the following from previous lessons of not so successful attempts.

1) Make this an invite only thread. No observers, just those who are invited. Helps mitigate issues.
2) keep it small; allow only 2 individuals to represent per Jedi Organisation. This allows the cycle of post order to flow faste in a simple manner. Large threads is what killed the previous attempts. There were too many people and that created a confusion on who to wait to post for who and then to top off the random observers who threw monkey wrenches in to the mix.
3) Dont have a posting order, simply go with the flow. Having to wait on posting orders again, killed it if people were not active.
4) ensure that if people are going to represent the Jedi orders, they commit to post actively. Getting a thread like this may span a few weeks... but go beyond a month and if people are too slow to respond, interest will wane QUICK.

As a longtime Jedi Master on the board... Would be nice, but there are elitists or those that are in power in certain places which would certainly make that difficult. I'd love to see it, it's a goal I shot for a long time ago myself. And I'll support it and help with it in any way that I can to make it happen.

I assume this confederacy would include Minor factions as well?

Kira Talith said:
1) Make this an invite only thread. No observers, just those who are invited. Helps mitigate issues.
2) keep it small; allow only 2 individuals to represent per Jedi Organisation. This allows the cycle of post order to flow faste in a simple manner. Large threads is what killed the previous attempts. There were too many people and that created a confusion on who to wait to post for who and then to top off the random observers who threw monkey wrenches in to the mix.
3) Dont have a posting order, simply go with the flow. Having to wait on posting orders again, killed it if people were not active.
4) ensure that if people are going to represent the Jedi orders, they commit to post actively. Getting a thread like this may span a few weeks... but go beyond a month and if people are too slow to respond, interest will wane QUICK.
I'd be happy to go by these points for the given thread should everyone else agree.

[member="Romi Jade"] would be my second representing The Jedi Order.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] and yes, as Romi has stated above, smaller factions are still very much Jedi and we'd not wish to exclude them.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Zark"] | Galactic Alliance

Apologies as I'm trying to keep track of who's who around here and I just woke up haha >.<

Could we perhaps get a head count of those who might attend the initial thread. For larger factions like the GA and SJO it would make sense to up the suggested numbers to three per faction.

[member="Stephanie Swail"]

Same goes for you Silvers :p

Who might you bring to this party ?

Forgive me if I missed anyone, I'm fresh into my coffee and hardly woken up yet.
Might say something about my priorities (for better or worse).

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="Veiere Arenais"] As I am not in a position IC to steer the ship, regardless I would like to see if [member="Valae Kitra"] wishes to be involved, and of course Master [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] to help things progress. I will be the eager Padawan IC drinking it all in.

Basically, we Jedi wrtiers need to remember....this is NOT real. We can make our Jedi how WE want, and we aren't going to get kicked off the board or lambasted by anyone. If anyone DOES ridicule or lambast, then they'll have me to answer to for one.

We need to inject the enjoyment and fun back into our Jedi / Light Siders and not feel so bogged down by fictional rules of a Jedi Code. If we do that, we'll lose sight of what we want to do and fall apart again. I do not want to see this happen.

[member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

I will gladly attend this gathering, though I will leave the representation of the SJO in the capable hands of Stephanie and [member="Valae Kitra"]. Thurion will be mostly there as an adviser and for his own curiosity. ^_^

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Frankly, I'll be stoked to see the Heavenshields weighing in on the Ordeal given Veiere's friendship with them.

[member="Valae Kitra"]

I too look forward to meeting you!

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Zark"] | [member="Aela Talith"]

...-I suppose that leaves us with the question, which three shall attend from the New Jedi Order (Galactic Alliance)

:D

The Following List will be edited as we confirm numbers:

TJO:
[member=Veiere Arenais]
[member=Romi Jade]

SJO:
[member="Stephanie Swail"]
[member="Valae Kitra"]
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

NJO/GA:
[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]
[member="Zark"]
[member="Aela Talith"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]
[member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]

200_s.gif

((Unless you don't. In which case... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom