Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all Jedi (NJO, TJO, SJO)

Do I want for the Impossible?

giphy.gif
I want to propose something to the Jedi of Chaos.
It's been attempted and failed numerous times over.
But I am a sucker for punishment and too stubborn to give up on the dream.
A Unified Jedi Order.
jediparagraphseparator.png

Yes I am painting a target on this thread with the mere suggestion...-Before leaping into what sets the Jedi apart across the Chaos board, I'd like people to consider the fact that we're not suggesting becoming one single Faction, there's far to much individuality in the Jedi of the Galactic Alliance, those of the Silvers and the The Jedi Order (Minor Faction) that I am trying to build upon.

It seems to me that while all the Dark Side factions have common goals that unite them regardless of their many differences, the Jedi across Chaos are distanced by their chosen attitudes and individuality since the split that occurred within the Galactic Republic so long ago giving life to Chaos' last great Schism of the Jedi. Since joining Chaos and starting this specific character, it's been my personal goal to try to reunite us all in some way, whether large or small, I don't mind how cooperative we become as long as the Jedi can be seen to be uniting and working together to overcome the darkness that floods the Galaxy.

Looking back at the One Sith Empire that ruled over a greater portion of the galactic map, I remember thinking that if the Jedi had all been one, they would have rivaled such a show of strength. The Sith factions that we have today and the numerous Darker themed factions, all great and some that I'm personally involved in and love RP'ing with yet In-Character are more or less let run wild while the Jedi seem to have taken the back seat of Chaos.

While representing our own Factions with no intention of a merger but rather a story driven alliance that we might combat the oppression and chaos that is rife across the Galaxy, I would like to propose a thread in which the leadership of all Jedi Factions come together to discuss the state of the Galaxy and consider moving forward together, not as separate factions but one people.

This was the original goal of my faction (TJO)...-It was derailed sadly but I've not given up on that.

To all of you playing Jedi, I ask two things:
  • Is this Possible?
  • Would you be willing to join us in this attempt to bring the Jedi closer together.

Let us remember that going into this discussion: "Sugar is sweet, Salt is not".
Let this not be about emphasizing what sets us apart but what could be done to bring us together.

Vyr'ago

Short people are closer to Satan
Do you mean something like a Confederation of Jedi Orders? Where each faction would still retain its own freedom but still work with each other towards goals and whatnot?

[member="Vyr'ago"]

Though I'd love to see the Jedi merge into one Faction it's not a realistic desire given the effort Players have gone to, to get their current factions as far as they are. The Silver Jedi for example competing with the Galactic Alliance where size of territory is concerned, yes I would prefer that the separate factions are able to retain their individualism while coming together in some form of alliance under a mutual banner when it matters. This I feel is the best way to respect the differences between our factions while too working together as Jedi, without bias in trying to combat the imbalance of the Force, the rising tides of Darkness that are seizing control of the Galactic Map.

In-Character it makes a great deal of sense though in order to cater for OOC and make this work in everyone's interests, A confederacy of Jedi is, I believe, our best bet.

Considering that the Republic major faction lasted as long as it did, I think it can definitely be done. My guess at what hindered the attempts is that usually people will limit Jedi to specific codes of conduct, and are not allowed to hold government and sometimes military positions.
I would think that a confederation would work, as long as it's not just a promise for cooperation, but actual representation.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Low key, I think the idea of a sort of United Nations or Justice League of Jedi Orders, enclaves, and praxeums is actually a pretty fascinating story hook that could also serve to encourage with a lot of cross pollination between factions. The orders of the major factions could serve of a sort of less aggressive security council, convening to discuss and strategize together in terms on crises. And we could maybe even sub some minor/independent NPC orders. I think it is absolutely possible, but also would take a lot of hard work and dedication on the parties involved to pull it off successfully.

The main reason Orders tend to splinter off into different factions is because both writers and characters disagree on how Jedi should behave. While you tend to see a lot more infighting among Sith and Dark Jedi factions, it happens with Jedi too in a much more subtle way. So I think one of the main concerns/potential blockers for this project moving forward is that everyone needs to be on the same page about what the organization is about, whats its trying to do, and what its limitations are.

But absolutely the New Jedi Order could get behind this, as long as we don't get too broad in our definitions of Jedi. Don't make us start a darkside inquisition pls. :p

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Just going to talk about this for a bit, the Jedi order you run is bassed in the original order from the republic, though I know certain aspect of this faction in regards to OOC is to allow for people to roleplay as if they were in proper Jedi order. But on a down not with over 800 year of time between cannon and Chaos such and order seems flawed as it was the thinking that lead to its down fall, and such a unification of Jedi could protentially limit what Jedi characters can if they are confined to the code.

I just think the rules imposed by TJO seems like it would need to change in regards to the galaxy, I.E. attachments and disregarding emotions. That's just my personal view, though a full allied Jedi confederacy would mean greater power to control the evil odes by darkside factions and prevent them from getting the clear upper hand IC that they have at the moment due to the disunity Jedi factions.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

[member="Zark"]

You're right, we all share our perspectives of what the Jedi are to represent. Some look to combat the Dark Side seeking to dismantle it completely, while those of my own lead towards the more Pacifist outlook only entering into combat in the defense of others. Some are heavily handed when it comes to conflict where as others are not and some do fall into political order where as I personally avoid it. In line with a similar response that I would offer to [member="Sky'ito Yumi"], the point of a joint collaboration of the three factions would not be to change how these factions operate as individuals but to see them co-operate together.

For whatever guidelines, principles or code that we all follow, trying to change the way others see Jedi is not going to work; thus the importance in keeping the individuality of our factions alive. Yet as things currently stand, I see little cooperation between the Jedi. The Silver Jedi Order have been under siege recently and I've opted to throw my hand in where I can, as well as some of our members. I've noticed some of the GA have too which is great but it'd be good to see a bit more interaction between them all for the sake of story driven purpose and mutual character/faction development.

As stated in my original post this is by no means an easy feat to accomplish and there's be some difficulty in testing the waters but I figured that if anything, if no one tries to make the suggestion then it's only certain to fail. I wanted to take my chances and see what could come of a joint discussion, perhaps leading to a thread between the leadership (Council or grandmasters, Faction Admin etc) coming together and discussing it In-Character following this thread. Though a ways of yet...

For the likes of Chaos as a community, it may not be a realistic goal because we're so often diverse in our perception of what makes a good Jedi but at the heart of it all, we're attempting to play good characters. You would hope that beyond all the controversy, we could come to some kind of a mutual arrangement as I'm pretty confident our factions all want the same thing in the long run; peace.

Would such an alliance n just paint a target on smaller orders for Sith Assassin, I know for the most part darkside factions do not care about the smaller Jedi faction but If they start working together would they start targeting them? [member="Veiere Arenais"]

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

The Jedi and Sith will forever be at odds with one another due to their opposing alignment in the Force and views/ideals for the Galaxy, this is no different where ever you look to play one on either side.

Those looking to become a Major Faction accept these risks when they enter the Map Game. Minor Factions have significantly less risk and get to enjoy some positive tension/opposition in Role-play driven threads but regardless of this proposition, it will come one way or another.

Taking into account that no one's able to force another person to role-play with someone they'd prefer not to.

Part of playing a Jedi Character is the expectation that you will be defending others against Darksiders or those of a threat to galactic society.

..... it's tottaly a trap, [member='Muad Dib'] also have to get back at you for my brother

Either way was just asking a out faction stuff because I don't think the Sith will just standby and watch the Jedi unit, even more so since half the Jedi are secretly undercover Sith. Was just wondering, even though if this event does go ahead it will not really affect me. [member="Veiere Arenais"]

OOC opinion: I think it's a grand idea. It allows threads between Jedi factions that can examine philosophy, stances, the difference focus on similar paths, etc

It also gives a type of open door policy that transcends the boundaries imposed by factions and their colorful hexes.

I would promote the culture shock and diversity that the factions could offer from a character standpoint.

[member="Veiere Arenais"], yes it is very possible for Garith to join a movement like this. In his own way he has already started to do this. He has reached out to SJO and The Jedi of the Galactic Alliance and has said all Jedi are welcome to the Alderaan Temple. I just have not got around to giving the same invite to The Jedi Order.

[member="Veiere Arenais"], You are setting a potential path for others to follow. You know I will back you, and support you with Atheus on the CSA side of things, and with Jayce on the Jedi Order Side of things. I really would like to help create this "Jedi Confederacy" as well as aid in any way that I can. You know that.

As for the Jedi, I think that the Jedi should ONLY be Jedi, or Neutral force users who are aiming to become Jedi. Otherwise, the lines will get blurred and thinner on what is considered a Jedi, and not a Jedi. To me, it seems that the New Jedi Order with the GA, (over the course of many threads I have seen) is a faction hell bent on making sure that the Dark side doesn't spread at any cost. Including killing those who have the Dark side to prevent them. The Silver Jedi Order has shown over the past that they accept help from Dark siders, but keeps a leash on them to make sure that they don't go off and destroy them, or do anything bad around them. As well, you have told me that the Jedi Order is all about the Jedi. All about being the light side of the force. Doesn't matter what you want to do with this side of the force, all that matters is that we have a place to train, gather, and learn in relative peace.

So, I propose for this thread that it be met somewhere that is significant to Jedi in general, and in secret. Just the leaders, and a few "hopefuls" that would aid to the conversation in the creation of this Jedi Confederacy. Even though I will likely not take part due to Jayce's stance within the Order and not being all that high, I will do what I can to help you make this happen.

I think it can be done. But IC there would have to be a lot of accepting of different interpretations of the Jedi Code and accepting that to fight the Sith we should be more active. At least, some IC Jedi think that, it was why TJO didnt succeed in uniting Jedi. Some of us want to take the fight to them, not wait till they come to us too powerful to defend against.

However, just this guy's thoughts. Always believed Jedi were weaker on this site because it was divided by those who wanted to fight Sith and those who wanted to wait till the Sith came knocking. Sith united easily in waiting all Jedi dead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom