Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all Jedi (NJO, TJO, SJO)

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Indeed there were difficulties between Arisa Yune's point of view and Veiere's but with accepting different interpretations also means others accepting the views of TJO's which while we agreed to support the Silver Jedi Order during the Conclave, still brought upon us hostility sadly.

This is precisely why I am suggesting a Confederate alliance between the current larger Jedi Factions so to keep their individual ideals and as you say, accepting others for who they are and how they follow in their chosen Path. The Jedi Order does not shun other Jedi for the differences they harbor nor was their intention ever to isolate themselves or other Jedi on some form of superiority complex, that only leads to further indifference and distance, thus weakening the Jedi over all.

"At least, some IC Jedi think that, it was why TJO didnt succeed in uniting Jedi."

As this is the first time TJO has reached out to the entire board, it's a bit early to say this much.

:p

I will however say that it was regrettable the way that Conclave went and I will not be holding a similar forum of discussion given both of which I've done over my time here has ended in similar IC bias.

I very much wished to close on the relationship between our factions given Veiere's long history with the Silvers, [member="Coci Heavenshield"] and [member="Théodred Heavenshield"].

I tried to work with the Jedi once. I was shunned for being different. Yes, I drink. Yes, I smoke. Yes, I even smuggle things on occasion. This doesn't make me any less of a good man, or so I had thought. I was proven wrong.

That said, I wish you the best of luck in building a unified Jedi Order.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

The old Jedi Academy faction was heading in that direction, unifying the different Jedi factions to share knowledge. Unfortunately it never really took off to its full potential.

However I am all for trying once again, I don't care if it paints us as a target. Easier to take the fight to the Sith if we all know who we should be targeting.

Don't get me wrong. I want it to work, just there are going to be teething problems, IC most likely. Especially with the Event coming up soon, dunno if you are planning this to be after that or what? However, I look forward to trying to help unite the Jedi as one. Perhaps instead of starting the unification as one, have several Masters with you when talking to other Jedi. Just a note from the Conclave, being the only one standing at the front telling newcomers what you envision didn't come across great, IMO.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
As new FO for the Silver Jedi, I am all for this.

It’s like you read my mind over the weekend, for I was thinking about how the Jedi and Light Factions are represented. They seem to strive for the goal but do it in a narrow minded with within their own Factions, which is fine and just as it should be. However there is so much talent out there that deserves to be encouraged and supported with strong unification.

Just because people write Jedi, it sometimes makes them a cheeky target for ridicule and playful goading that they aren’t “strong” or “powerful” or whatever in light of Dark Side writers. To me, we are just as strong, powerful and clever as the next Sith Lord or Dark Jedi Master out there.

It’s time to unify our writers and talent and give ourselves lots of chances and reasons to expand and develop our own potential and goals. Plus shows we are a force to be reckoned with when skirmishes and invasions start coming our way, which can be tiring at the best of times, so support out there is always nice to have.

IC it will be wonderful to meet new and old writers, forge strong relations and allow lots of creative writing to bloom AND actually enjoy writing as Jedi and the Light again! It’s just as strong as the Dark Side, let’s not forget we don’t all need to sit on thrones made of skulls or command mile long warships or dress in black leather…unless you really want… to be a memorable, exciting and developing Light sider.

OOC I personally know the SJ had hit a low point and conveyed an impression to others I hope to change due to good, open communication and strong writers coming together to work with anyone and everyone on the board who wants to write. The Jedi and Light Side is as crucial to the life cycle of Star Wars, and I’d hate to see an attempt to “wipe it out” totally, so I’ll do all I can to preserve enthusiasm and passion for it IC and OOC. And any chance to write with new people is always exciting!

I just want people to have fun and not get a headache when they log-in and feel there is so much "politics and red tape" to navigate just to write a Jedi or something.

TL:DR – I’m in!

Veiere Arenais said:
Indeed there were difficulties between Arisa Yune's point of view and Veiere's but with accepting different interpretations also means others accepting the views of TJO's which while we agreed to support the Silver Jedi Order during the Conclave, still brought upon us hostility sadly.
To provide some context, it wasn't necessarily that Arisa was frustrated with the new TJO specifically, but just with the general passivity of Jedi organizations over the years in the face of the rise of several Sith and Imperial groups, and largely abandoning the old GR. She felt the new TJO was trending toward the direction of also being passive, which why she was critical. That said, while she decided not to be actively be involved with TJO, she would alway support TJO (and the CSA) against all attacks. This assurance of support was one of the reasons certain groups decided not to raid Commenor in the past.

Since I got my start here on chaos, I've always grumbled about the lack of unity between LS factions. I understand we all have our differences, but that doesn't mean we need to leave each other out to hang and dry. If we could all finally get on the same page on an inter-faction level about combating the Sith and their proxies together, then that would be something I could get behind ICily.

On the topic of the Sith, I would like it if both the various DS and LS camps could work together on crafting some story arcs. The extent of our interactions often seems to be random skirmishes and invasions which aren't very conducive for good storytelling. For a while, I had a small arc going with the Sith Assassins across multiple skirmishes and dominions that were shaping up to be something interesting. Previously, during my tenure over the original GR, I had been trying to get something similar going with the OS at the time. More events and arcs with some prior coordination and build up could lead to a more satisfying experience for writers and make others more antsy about the PvP experience more inclined to participate.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

I agree, there will certainly be hurdles to cross but I believe they can be conquered through a positive OOC attitude towards our peer Jedi Factions. The Conclave was a mess, it was good to have you and Arisa there by invitation and I had hoped for others but it was the starting point for TJO hence I was responsible for getting much of it off the ground. We're now 46 members strong, some like [member="Stephanie Swail"] are in other Jedi Factions which was the original intent to involve others from said factions to help encourage a hub for all to come and interact.

There's clearly some need for changes to my original design comparing back then to the present...-Honestly I believe the issue with Jedi on Chaos is not the opposition outside of our groups but rather that we oppose one another with our perspectives of what good Jedi are meant to be. I myself am guilty of being narrow sighted at times with how Veiere is portrayed/Played compared to the narrative I'm wanting to follow, I'm sure as hell not void of this issue but given we're supposedly all following our own code of principles, I think in our aversion to one another we've neglected the core of the Jedi that was tolerance and understanding of one another.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would like to see the Jedi all be able to come together without judgement and hostility, passive aggression and what have you; to recognize that we're aiming for the same objective. I'm glad to be reading such support in this thread, I felt it would be entirely controversial but yes, these foreseen obstacles do need to be pointed out for us all to be on the same page and try to move forward working together, if that's what we're all wanting here.

[member="Arisa Yune"]

The Conclave was a personal disappointment for a number of reasons, other than being derailed from it's primary objective, it also ended with the impression that our ties were being severed from both factions. This to me was a failure in presenting the image that I wished to convey; whether it was a difference in our character views or some of the perceptions/discussions you and I shared OOC, the threads been left behind us now and we're hoping to look ahead.

I'm glad to see that you're in support of this and it will be interesting to see where things land In-Character between Veiere and Arisa moving on from here.

[member="Zark"]

Out of Curiousity, among the NJO who are the leading members ? I ask for the sake of us all discussing a potential thread to see how we can kick this thing off. Many of us seem to be for this though there are plenty still yet to comment or give their thoughts so by no means do we need to rush.

It did however cross my mind that we have this Incursion Story Arc coming up and it could be a most excellent way to see the Jedi uniting under the threat of a common opponent. I get the feeling we're all going to be very needed in the conflicts that may follow with this new Contingency/The Iron Knights and what not !

#TeamLightsideFTW

I will put in here a comment. I've been out of the Jedi factions for a long time, but there are certain trends.

Honestly though, the Jedi have many interpretations down to their very philosophy and essence though their structure remains the same...the Sith don't.
The Sith are remarkably consistent in their goals and means...but not organisation. Sometimes there's a Dark Lord, sometimes a Sith Emperor, sometimes a rule of 1, 2, 5, 27 or 5000. They're all fundamentally the same though.
What about the Jedi though? We have the rigid doctrinaires of the Old Republic, the galactic peacekeepers before the Empire and Luke's decentralised freedom fighters. All of them do things differently, even down to whether they allow attachment.

The problem is that Jedi fundamentally do not work during a war because going to war makes them no longer Jedi.

Every time there is one of these attempts or convocations or councils it hits this very problem. Is your Jedi:
  • A pacifist who seeks only to defend the weak?
  • A soldier of the Light using the Force as their shield?
  • A zealous crusader seeking to overcome the Dark Side and its users?
Canon presents all 3, and this board presents even more diverse examples. How can you unite a group which can't even agree on whether they can marry or should fight a war?

A loose union is about the best you'll get I think.

It's ironic really that an organisation best designed to be the keepers of the peace are in a setting called Star Wars.

Stephanie Swail

[member="Phylis Alince"] It's funny when you think the ones we have seen partaking in these "wars" in the stars are mostly NFU soldiers, pilots, clones or native species. The Jedi / Sith are there just for "boss battles" or warming up the battlefield before moving on elsewhere.

Jedi are motivators, Light side cheerleaders and defenders when the threat escalates.

Sith are catalysts, Dark side cheerleaders and light the fuse to ignite a threat.

I agree the Jedi need to focus on what and who they are primarily, so everyone knows where they stand and where they ca use their skill-set without fear their time writing a Jedi is wasted or pointless, because it isn't.

And I agree [member="Krest"] - without the Jedi or Sith, the other side will lose out on what we are here for - story writing.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

Therein lays the problem, I can't disagree because you're not wrong...

This problem also expands on the underlying issue of the internet in general in that opinions are rarely discussed amicably and often leads to OOC debate/drama. The fact is I don't have a long winded response to this because I'm not sure how to argue it or what the answer to solve these issues for Chaos sake actually are but one thing I am certain of is that if we don't try to bring the Order together while allowing each organization within the Order to keep their own identity under the banner of Jedi, if no one attempts this, then failure is a certainty as opposed to a likelihood.

Whether or not this succeeds in the long run, my hopes are this:
  • Jedi across the board make a habit of interacting with each other regardless of faction, expanding on possible role-playing partners and story-lines.
  • All of our people are able to gain a sense of enjoyment from sharing in these threads, being Jedi while too doing so in good OOC conduct/attitude.
  • Others are drawn in to the Jedi factions because of the above points and we might begin to see a larger presence in light-sided factions, enough so to contend with the Darksiders.
  • At the end of the day? It's just good story...

"Nothing on Chaos is certain, everything is permitted"
aka
It may not last but lets atleast seek to enjoy ourselves doing it!

Stephanie Swail

Let's not forget the original Rogue Master we first saw back in 1999 knew his stance as a Jedi:

ed52cce3a16aaf7d3259dea8eb00b4a7.jpg

[member="Stephanie Swail"]

Except the Jedi proceeded to fight a war (poorly in my opinion, but I digress). :D And if we take Legends into account, they did so many times in the past.

Besides, the point is kind of moot, since that's what Jedi on Chaos do. Not the least because they tend to outnumber the NFU pilots, soldiers and so on. Moreover, isn't the main reason for this to call to 'Jedi unity' the perception that the darkside factions are more united and better coordinated in PvP situations?

Regardless, good luck with the next Jedi Convocation. There's been quite a few on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom