Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all Jedi (NJO, TJO, SJO)

[member="Cassius Droma"] | [member="Tor Icehammer"]

Sorry Lads but we're keeping our numbers from each faction small so not to crowd the thread when it kicks off.

[member="Kahne Porte"] is currently away, otherwise he would join us as our Third Council Member for TJO.

TJO:
[member=Veiere Arenais]
[member=Romi Jade]

SJO:
[member="Stephanie Swail"]
[member="Valae Kitra"]
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

NJO/GA:
[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]
[member="Zark"]
[member="Aela Talith"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]
[member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]

I apologize for the double post, but in order to keep this alive I wanted to propose a question.

I'm aware that we've all been very busy with the recent Invasions/Dominions/Faction priorities and by no means do we need to prioritize this over any of those but I was curious if any of you have suggestions for where we should hold this meeting.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing how the Galactic Alliance do things in their home space. I've had an unfortunate lack of interaction with the New Jedi Order and due to IC events that have taken place in Veiere's progression, there's been little incentive up until now. If they would have it, that would be my preference; however I too know that the Commenor Systems Alliance has embassies set up for these reasons, neutral ground and the like so I can put that forward should others be inclined to agree.

We can decide by majority however so be sure to chip in if you have a suggestion!

;)
[member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Zark"] | [member="Aela Talith"] | [member="Garith Organa"] | [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] | [member="Arisa Yune"]

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

You're probably aware already, but just to make it official. After some deliberation, the GA is confirming that [member="Aela Talith"] and [member="Taeli Raaf"] will be the NJO representatives for this thread. I would love to get involved personally, but I don't yet have a Master level PC on Chaos so I feel like anyone I bring would be a little out of place.

As far as location, I'll let the participants debate the merits among themselves, but for our part the NJO is happy to host this in Alliance territory. Our capital world's Temple just got messed up pretty bad in our pre-event thread, but we also have Coruscant, Tython, even Lothal to choose from in terms of Jedi flavored planets.

Edit: Concerning leadership structure, as I missed that post it seems, IC the New Jedi Order is led by an NPC, Grand Marshal Omai Rhen, and I believe our council equivalent (ie the Masters who directly advise Rhen) are mostly NPCs as well. PC Masters are still very influential, but for the thread's story purposes, the Jedi we send will be serving as representatives of our leadership, not as the leaders themselves. We were hoping to arrange for an Omai cameo, but sadly the members we have most suited to writing him are full up on threads.

I don't know about all of you guys but it's been a bloody long time since Veiere's been on Coruscant...

^_^

All of the above have been wicked suggestions so far guys !

As much as I would like to see people visiting the Alderaan Jedi I can see two other locations being a better suited. I do not have to mention the historical importance of Tython. It could very well make sense why we would chose that location. Coruscant could have a historical significance as well as the added bonus of in character dramatics. How would your character feel about see the damage to the Coruscant Temple? Would you feel anything? If you do why? If you don’t why? Who attacked the temple? Does that play a role in your Order’s politics? If so how? If not why? If we have it t the Coruscanti Temple we could have layers of IC dialog. We don’t need a beautiful none damaged temple to have an awesome IC back ground for this thread.

I think I convinced myself, I would like to see this thread take place on Coruscant and at the Jedi temple.

Stronger Together (GA/SJO)

I figured I ought to put this out there for the sake of clarification because it seems to be oddly similar to what we've been discussing here.

What impact might this have on the Jedi Alliance we're talking about?

[member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Zark"] | [member="Aela Talith"] | [member="Garith Organa"] | [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] | [member="Arisa Yune"]

I do believe that thread is about GA politicians trying to reach out to SJO.

What we’re discussing here is about Jedi and not the governments they may or may not represent. I maybe wrong but that was the impression of what I believe is happening. Heck I’ve been wrong before. A good example would be my x-wife, wow… I was so wrong about her! ^_^

Yes that thread is part of the GA's new diplomacy initiative, in the same way Lily will be interacting with the CSA (provided Irma doesn't kill her). Its more about the two major faction governments, but since both the GA and SJO are super Jedi heavy it was only logical to reach out through the Orders.

[member="Zark"] | [member="Garith Organa"]

Appreciate the response.

Lots been going on lately on Chaos with so many arcs going up and Faction Events.

Wanted to make sure we're still all on-board.

Canon Sith infight IC so that's entirely acceptable. It's sad when it happens to Jedi.

My thoughts, I think everyone can integrate regardless of position or ideals. In canon there were gray Jedi who detested the behind the scenes politics and outdated dogma. Any dark sided contingency should be an IC gray area. The dogma for the Jedi should be decided, and anyone who disagrees is gray, end of story.

Perhaps the current leaders could be considered Councilmen of sects on the galactic map, who come together for discussion and meditation on galactic events. They should be upstanding characters. Grandmaster could be an NPC for a while. Candidates should be spectacular RPers with excellent light side force alignment PVP and PVE skills.

Currently we have two votes for Coruscant:
  • Myself
  • [member="Garith Organa"]

Tython (Somewhere peaceful):
  • [member="Aela Talith"]
  • [member="Zark"]

Alderaan or Alpha Mae near Colla IV
  • [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"]

It's looking like the Galactic Alliance is hosting this one as there's been little word otherwise. Seems like an accord has been struck, I'm happy to start the thread but I feel perhaps we'll leave it in your hands [member="Zark"] and [member="Aela Talith"]. Go on and surprise us with either Coruscant or Tython. Both will be exceptional places to meet !

If however you'd prefer one of us to fire it up, do speak up !

Time to get this show on the road people, bring on the In-Character Action !

[member="Auron Song"]

I had put the thread to the Galactic Alliance to decide how they wished to introduce it to the Forum given that there was majority consensus for their hosting of this meeting.

However between Board events (the Incursion) and other Major Faction priorities such as Invasions and what not, I've had to assume it was set aside.

Both myself and members of The Jedi Order are interested in pursuing this if the interest is still there from others.

A Change of host/location may be required if that's what it takes to get this off the ground.

We uh...we kind of thought you would be involved in kicking things off. I definitely think its doable still from a GA host perspective, we also assumed things were temporarily on hold due to the event. In the meantime, we've been discussing and working on an updated codex entry for the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. I can't promise it will be approved or ready for submission by the time the event is over, but we will probably have at least a much clearer picture of what it looks like (speaking of, here is a picture of what it looks like).

All that being said, if it is decided that another host faction or neutral territory would be preferable, the NJO is still down to participate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom