Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Buried Beneath

we shall all die willingly
MedicalOffensiveAustraliankestrel-size_restricted.gif

Galak Scrapyard,
Terminus

Spanning acres upon acres of land, there is no surprise why Galak Scrapyard has been dubbed the 'Dumpster of the Southern Quadrant'. Recently, most of its scrap are the remains of critically damaged vessels, vehicles and other machinery laid to waste during the brutal First Order-Galactic Alliance war. Yet, to treat it only as a pile of trash employing hundreds, if not thousands, of sentients is a mistake. The pioneer spirit of the Outer Rim is clearly evident in the fact that Galak Scrapyard became not only a place to salvage parts but a home.

A mirror of the Coruscanti lower levels. Lawless, dimly lit, torn by territorial gang wars and infinite depths in which lie all sorts of mysteries. Myths even.

As any myth has a grain of truth behind it, Sigi embarked on a quest to discover more about a growing issue. Folks were talking of disappearances. Folks were talking of salvagers returning from the depths of the scrapyard as bands of bloodthirsty, possessed Reavers. Folks were talking about something left behind by the Knights of Ren. These two rumors seemed highly correlating to be just coincidence and the Jedi knew someone had to solve the issue.

Beneath the drizzling skies with a hood over his damp hair, Sigi stood on the edge of a star destroyer's engine and looked beneath in the darkness. Something there made him feel uneasy.

1 - Salvage
2 - Unravel the Reaver mystery
3 - Anything else

• adventure time
  • be creative, be sensible, be measured
  • enjoy

The near rhythmic pitter-patter of rain against durasteel was all that stood between Venari and absolute silence. Three imperial troopers, a sergeant and two infantrymen were strapped in across from him aboard the stealth transport; despite their heavy armor they were quiet as the grave. The vessel wasn't of Imperial make, but one he had become quite familiar with. The Reclaimer, the Sith Lord's personal Star Destroyer sat just out of system, ready to swoop in should things go awry this deep in Alliance territory.

The covert game was not Venari's frequented choice, but one he'd gamble on this time. Of course, when gambling the trick was always to stack the deck in your favor. Venari's trump card was the owner of the stealth ship, his most reliable hunter and one of the few allies he'd come to trust.

The ship's deceleration was smooth; the easy part was nearly over. The hard part was reaching the source of disturbances Vanari's feelers in the system had communicated to him. Something of potentially great power had apparently taken root in the planet Terminus' Galak graveyard. Truthfully it was a scrapyard but the former name made for a better fit.

Old First Order and Galactic Alliance ships from the war of the not so distant past lied in shambles across the vast expanse, being picked apart by vultures and other carpetbaggers. The slumbering, wounded beasts of the past didn't interest the Sith lord though, only whatever power had been driving some of the planet's scavengers mad. It may not have related to his ultimate goal, but one didn't simply cast away a potential weapon.

Darth Venari stood and made his way to the cockpit, ahead he saw their LZ. With all of the ships systems active it would be very difficult to make out the landing craft, even as it entered the mostly intact hangar of an old First Order destroyer. The transport spun about providing them a view of the trash heap just outside of the hangar. Exfil would be all the smoother at this angle. Vernari didn't intend on difficult a battle, in a war torn galaxy how many were interested in the rumors born of a scum filled scrapyard? Still, one could never be too sure when behind enemy lines.

Venari looked to his trump card, Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall , "As sharp as always, natural cover should do us some good. The sergeant and his men will hang back to deter any more... inquisitive guests. I'm not sure what it is we're exactly looking for, but as I mentioned earlier, something or someone out there is allegedly driving some of the locals mad. I intend to find out who or what it is, containing it and making it my own. Will you need to make any other preparations?" He asked staring out the cockpit, studying their surroundings.

Agrippa Agrippa

Last edited:

Luc Rivers

every job could be my last
She stood over the man cowering on the ground, blaster pointed at his head, he was begging for mercy. A smile pulled at her lips just as she pulled the trigger, it only took one shot and he was dead. "Get this garbage off my floor", she turned away and, "Throw his body in the sludge lake, I don't want to draw attention from the OPA". There was nothing in the woman but pleasure in the revenge act, "Was that the last of them?", Lily asked her 2IC as he moved up beside her. Yes, they had cleaned out the group that had attacked and killed her comrades of the Pit Runners, a salvage group in the Galak Yards.

The OPA was a pain in the neck, from time to time they would send down their authority to 'clean out' the yards. But that was all they did, they did not stick around long or making any changes to the lives of the people living down here. Never gave anyone any alternative to make a living so once they left, life went back to normal. The Pit Runners would lay low for a while if OPA was sniffing around, the place was vast so there was plenty of place to hide when you know where to go.

However, of late, there had been people disappearing and rumour had it that a new group was in the yards, some bloodthirsty band of reavers demanding protection money and killing anyone that did not 'comply'. Life in the yards had become tense to say the least and Lily would never relent to them, she would rather shot first and ask questions later.

Behind her, the body of the dead man was dragged out of their head quarters, a bunker made out of scrap within their compound. "Alright, lets get back to work", she zipped up her jacket and gathered her tool belt. They had claim on the wreckage of an old destroyer, and there was still plenty of work to be done, and the contact for the scrap was growing impatient. There were heavy clouds over Terminus, and she felt the first drop of rain on her face, the weather was about to change and not for the better, rain only slows up the job. Everywhere she looked, metal and grey, there was nothing pretty down here, no colour that was vivid or vibrant and the ground was nothing but hard dirt or mud and sludge.

And there was never a direct path.

Agrippa Agrippa | Lord Venari Lord Venari

C:\Mission\Objective: "Unravel the Reaver mystery"
C:\Mission\Location: "Ship: The Surreptitious"
C:\Mission\Ally Tags: Lord Venari Lord Venari
C:\Mission\Unknown Tags: Agrippa Agrippa | Luc Rivers Luc Rivers

It was always a relief leaving the hanger bay of The Reclaimer, Venari’s ship or Lord Venari as he liked to be called. Despite their helmets and voice modulators, Vallaro could tell that some of Venari’s troops didn’t quite like having a bounty hunter onboard as a frequent guest. Perhaps it was jealousy that a mere bounty hunter could rise to a station none of them would dare dream of, or maybe it was disgust at the fact at Vallaro simply not referring to Venari as lord like they did. A simple indiscretion that could get him killed were it not for the years Vallaro had spent working for the Sith. Sometimes he wondered if the Venari liked being referred to as if he were simply another person, or if he liked the gall it takes to step on a Sith Lords ship and do so.

There was a series of clicks as Vallaro flipped the switches that would toggle his ship, the surreptitious, into full stealth mode. It was a quiet into the system and down to the planet. Not that there was any reason for it to not be. But in his experience thing never went smoothly for long, less so whenever Venari was involved. Rain slid down the cockpit window and he scanned the scrap yard for a place to land. The scrapyard was filled with the remnants of wars long passed. Vallaro could recall some of the designs from his time in military schooling but their historical significance interested him little now.

“That’ll do nicely,” he thought aloud as he noticed the partially intact hangar bay of an old destroyer class vessel. The Cockpit door clicked and Venari walked in as with a few slow and deliberate maneuvers Vallaro spin the ship around and began landing procedures in the once formidable ships now-defunct carcass.

"A sharp as always, natural cover should do us some good. The sergeant and his men will hang back to deter any more... inquisitive guests. I'm not sure what it is we're exactly looking for, but as I mentioned earlier, something or someone out there is allegedly driving some of the locals mad. I intend to find out who or what it is, containing it and making it my own. Will you need to make any other preparations?"

“I’m all set.” Vallaro disengaged the ships locking mechanisms and opened the transportation bay doors. “Just make sure the old boys don’t let anyone mess up my ship.” He got up and ran one last check on his gear one more time before moving to exit the ship. As he walked through the transportation bay, he could feel the eyes of Venari’s troops on him as they turned to glare at him.

“Would ya mind just looking with your eyes? I don’t need a bunch of weird helmets following me in my own ship.” Vallaro stood at the bay ramps. “Let’s find some Knights of Ren crap! After you, my good sir.” He gestured at Venari to take the lead down the ramp. A grin crossed his face.

“This is your hunt after all."

Last edited:
Perhaps this couldn't be said for all salvagers out there, but to Fish the meres words "Galak Scrapyard" were enough to spark a fervor only a young idiot boy could possibly understand. The gang violence...The horribly damp air...The sense of uncomfortable familiarity, and we shalln't forget about all that glorious rusted up scrap ripe for the taking! The angst of visiting such a site was possibly the cherry on top - angst is never wasted on the youth.

In all seriousness Fish acknowledged the danger at hand. He was incapable of taking on gangs (failure was surely in store for him if we went about this the wrong way) and plenty of the ships set for scavenging had already been claimed by those who wouldn't bat an eye slaying the teen at point blank. It was hard to miss the rumors of disappearing laborers or scavengers, and the amount of times he had heard "You'll get yourself killed out there kid, wouldn't go out there if I was you" was now in double digits. Perhaps the warns just fueled this irresistible challenge even more. The way to go seemed stealthy and slow... which was quite blatantly against every instinct of a delinquent boy. The thought of going in guns a' blazing was a glorious vision - a vision that was comparable to a fantasy considering Fish was legally incompetent with any kid of blaster-esque weapon. His fists were to get him nowhere in his big boy world. Nevertheless, one would have to conquer his own foolishness (at least aspire to) if he was gunning to live another day. If all else fails, there was a chance he could just bat his little lashes and plead innocence to any gun that was held to his head. Naivety strikes again!

- - - -

There was nothing that stood him out from the surroundings other than the lack of aging lines in his youthful face - He was draped with tool belts and patched bags stuffed with gadgets and gizmos (Fish carried all of his personal belongings on his being...he really had nowhere else to leave them) and his clothes reflected his obvious passion. Fabric was left torn from catching on stray pieces of metal and fraying sleeves on his only shirt might've proved his poverty, but it was nothing for Fish to complain about. He was ratty and beat in, perfect for the role he was trying to play. The scrapyard was his stage, and his aim was to not get caught. Easier said than done I suppose.

It was just his luck that the site he declared to be his first scavenge attempt in this cesspool was the
wreckage of an old destroyer. From what it appeared no one else had arrived just yet...and that was good for him. Any new arrival would send a spike in the surges of energy to notify him via his antennas immediately. Perks of being a thief with a built in watchman. Hopefully whoever had claimed it had mercy on the boy - that is if he was caught.

Luc Rivers Luc Rivers | Agrippa Agrippa | Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall | Lord Venari Lord Venari

Last edited:
Moira woke up as she often did these days, In some crawlway on some ship. She was more familiar with this crawl space than most however, having been here a time or two before. At this point she might think to pay the pilot rent and move a mattress in. She chuckled to herself as she stretched, there wasn’t much space back her but there wasn’t really much of her so it worked out.

She felt the familiar turbulence of breaking atmosphere. She still didn't know where she was. By the sound of things, she knew she was docked on a ship for a bit then took off again. They might have picked something up, maybe someone. Maybe they picked up someone cute? She held onto that thought for a moment as she gathered her things. The young padawan shook the thought from her head as the ship made contact.

She took a peek out from one of the vents that lined the inside. The majority of the ship seemed pretty normal, no suspicious cargo. Well, besides Her of course. She stayed in the crawl spaces, out of sight, and made her way to the landing gear. She should be able to crawl out from there.

As her boots hit the ground, she looked around. What use did the pilot have for a scrapyard? Maybe they were diving for new pieces-parts or whatever, ship parts broke pretty often she thought. She noticed the ramp of the ship was down and two men were coming down. One of them seemed familiar, but she couldn’t begin to think of who the other was. Although he had the tell tale signs of the sith. At the end of the day, she didn’t quite care who they were, just what they were after. For a moment she remembered something about a cat. She placed the landing gear between her and the men on the ramp.

“...ights of Ren crap! After you, my good sir. This is your hunt after all”

The “Ights of Ren”? No idea who they were, but if she tailed them she might find out. Besides there was nothing else to do on this rock for the moment. She mentally shrugged and follow them, trying to be out of sight, and out of there mind.

Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall | Lord Venari Lord Venari | Luc Rivers Luc Rivers | F I S H F I S H | Agrippa Agrippa

Val Drutin

V
"Ow."

Val grunted as he landed hard on a mound of tin slaw. He was quite good at jumping, what with his grasshopper legs and all, but sometimes there was simply no way to stick a landing right.

Lucky for him, he wasn't seriously injured by the impact. After recovering his equilibrium, he leaped down from the pile of junk and made a much better - if no less soft - collision on the "ground", which was virtually covered with rusty ship parts and other assorted trash.

It was a bleak, gray day on Terminus, and nothing looked good in such poor lighting. But Val was confident that he could find something pretty enough to add to his collection.

The madman scampered off through the sea of scrap, moving with all the athleticism of a professional swimmer. He darted from mound to mound, hulk to sparking hulk, until he spotted the looming shell of an ancient Star Destroyer.

"Hm," he murmured, resting one hand on his hip. "The fascists hate color. Black, white, and gray was always their aesthetic." Stricken by a sudden sense of hypocrisy, he glanced down at his dancer's costume, most of which was either black or white. "...Not that it can't be elegant, just that it isn't good for murals."

He wanted splashy colors, blues and greens and reds and yellows and oranges. And purples. With that in mind, he went back to scouring the junkyard, making waves in the ocean of trash with the Force, hoping he could pan for the gold that surely lay beneath it all.

F I S H F I S H Moira Connell Moira Connell Luc Rivers Luc Rivers Agrippa Agrippa Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Lord Venari Lord Venari

Unravel the Reaver mystery
Old Star Destroyer, Galak Scrapyard

The engine room was logically the first thing salvaged, after the shield generator compartment. A flickering light at the corner of the engine room told him someone used the maintenance room of the engines as a home. The lingering smell of tibanna gas and fried syntheggs hinted someone inside was cooking on a gas stove. Probably not the safest but definitely not the greatest issue in the Dumpster of the Southern Quadrant.

Sigi ventured silently past the makeshift home and he barely caught the shadow dropping down from above on his head. The Jedi called the Force but needlessly. The oversized red eyed vrelt hissed at him before it dashed away into the shadows.

"Great." Sigi muttered to himself. "Who knows what else awaits further."

He composed himself and continued. The bridge on which he stepped was swinging far too much for comfort. Someone had salvaged a vital part of its stability. A few more steps and he halted noticing the massive energy pipes with their insides ripped out but large enough to be used as a safer passage. He recalled that the major instances of disappearances occurred in what used to be the reactor core. These pipes would take him there. With a slightly Force enhanced jump he landed on the massive pipe and headed onward.

A tingling sense of danger through the Force grew stronger with each step towards the reactor core.

Val Drutin F I S H F I S H Moira Connell Moira Connell Luc Rivers Luc Rivers Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Lord Venari Lord Venari

Enemies: Honestly, probably everyone around here, but to be succinct- Val Drutin F I S H F I S H Moira Connell Moira Connell Luc Rivers Luc Rivers
Potential Allies (more likely competition): Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Lord Venari Lord Venari
Baby-faced Annoyance: Agrippa Agrippa
Maus Intruder: Koushou Mito Koushou Mito

"Okay, but my Lord, what is the point of this?"

The shape of the Feoorin stiffened.

It was not often that he found himself questioned. Almost never, really. Which was the fate of any self-respecting tyrannical ruler. Allow yourself to be questioned once? And you would find yourself having to explain over. And over. And over over over. Nobody had time for that. Still though, sometimes it was fun to explain your plans. Especially if you had been plotting them for a long time. It was just something to show off about, you know? What was the point of being all-powerful, if nobody was around to admire it.

"The point, Lheor? The point?" Salvatore the Feoorin scoffed. "The point is chaos. Wild destruction! It is to bring the OPA to their KNEES."

Lheor, a specimen of the Verpine persuasion, clicked its mandibles in confusion.

"But, my Lord, nobody cares about this place. The OPA almost never comes here anyway, they just clean house when the gangs get too tough and then exit stage left afterwards." Lheor was proud of its logical synapses. It had taken years to grow them in that shape. Now his thought processes couldn't flow in any other direction. It was its greatest strength, but in Salvatore's opinion also a great weakness.

"Exactly!"

Point being the baffled expression its mandibles were making right about now. "M-my Lord?" Salvatore sighed, stepping closer to one of the pens currently filled with the humanoid riff-raff they had caught earlier this morning. Caught was a big word. Put some expensive-looking salvage in the middle of their way and humans just came out running.

"This is a test, Lheor. The First Order might have been humanocentric scum, but they were good at coming up with new ways to kill sentients."

From the ceiling a device started to slide down.

It was an orb of the garden mysterious variety. There was also some pulsing, a red color filling the room as it sank down into the pen. This elicited cries of help from the humans. To be expected, of course. After all, the Darkside corruption was starting to influence them already. Soon enough the cries pitched down into growls.

Much better.

"I believe this batch is ready to go. Please do take care of it, Lhe-" A pause there. On Salvatore's shoulder his pet snail froze too. Eyes, beady and angry, looking around fervently.

"Did you hear that?"

"Heard what, my Lord?"

It sounded like skittering.

Enemies: Anyone with large feet (nothing personal sorry) Val Drutin F I S H F I S H Moira Connell Moira Connell Luc Rivers Luc Rivers Agrippa Agrippa Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Lord Venari Lord Venari
Allies: honestly none but that's okay
Neutral: Darth Wyrm Darth Wyrm (has no feet)

Mito knew nothing about no rumors.

Nope.

Not a thing.

Rumors were fickle and flimsy. They took up space in the air and in Mito's experience almost never mattered.

To HER anyway.

So after the shake up on Bespin, she'd decided it was time for a little vacation. A nice, relaxing time doing all of the things she liked best with none of the panic of too big feet stomping all around and no EXPLOSIONS. No SMOKE. No TILTING. Nope. Just a nice, fun time.

Stealing everything she could carry.

Really, it wasn't STEALING anyway. These things didn't belong to anyone anymore. In a way, it took a little of the savor out of it, if she was being honest. But only a little. It wasn't really the act of taking things away from a person so much as the act of acquiring them that did the most for the little Nezumi and this was a far more relaxing way to go about that. No one yelling stop thief! Or slapping at pockets.

A true vacation yes.

The scrap yard was a wonderland, really. Anything the Nezumi could dream of was here. Honestly, how was there not a Nezumi colony already living here and taking advantage of the riches, Mito certainly did not know. Fortunately, she was not prone to any such delusions of grandeur and the idea of starting something like that made her ears itch anyway.

The transition from scrap yard to building when one was barely nine centimeters high was lost. She went from nosing around inside one half crushed metal edifice to another without blinking or registering the importance of the change. From the outside, at that height, it was barely noticeable as a unique structure (though those with the height to see things like doors might have a different opinion). All Mito needed was a crack or a hole she could fit her head through and boom- scrabble scrabble, tug tug on her already bulging sack. For now, every time she found something she wanted she was taking out things and weighing their worth (to her). The sack was too full to hold much more without that trade off but Mito was loathe to end the enjoyment of her vacation early over something as trivial as no more space for treasures.

Scamper, scurry- she paused, ears pricking up. What was what noise? Growling? Whiskers twitched and quivered. A scamper up a crooked beam to get a better view.

In Close Proximity of: Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Moira Connell Moira Connell
Possibly Nearby: Luc Rivers Luc Rivers
Unsure: F I S H F I S H Val Drutin Koushou Mito Koushou Mito
Further Out Still: Agrippa Agrippa Darth Wyrm Darth Wyrm

“This is your hunt after all."

Lord Venari strode past Vallaro, acknowledging his sly input with a nod. He allotted the hunter liberties few others were granted. Had Vallaro joined the Imperial Military he'd have made it far and attained a high station, but it was not his path. Each individual had to pave his or her own way in the galaxy. This life was his.

Venari took his first step onto the junk carpeted scrapyard. He swept a bundle of loose bolts, wires & steel shards aside with his boot, and then trekked out of the hangar. As he exited the husk of the Star Destroyer he felt a prickle in the back of his mind. Aboard the Surreptitious, Venari felt what he had believed to be the echo of the hunter's former prey. An imprint left behind touching the hold with the force, but not of it. It would appear he was wrong. The boarding ramp closed shut. Rather than make themselves obvious, his troops would wait aboard the vessel to handle any who approached after the fact. The Sith heard the trudge of Vellaro's boots behind him. Yet there was another presence close by, very close. For now he'd allow the onlooker their autonomy. No need to announce their presence to the world yet. He made no mention to Vellaro, trusting his companion could handle himself should the presence prove to be an obstacle.

Now, out in the open Venari took in the view. With the First Order's own Star Destroyers and the old Alliance' cruisers littering the field there would be a lot of ground to cover. Not far to the west was a lake of muck & sludge, which slowly grew claiming all the debris in its wake as its own. Gangs and other miscreants called these yards their home. Undoubtedly, they would be a good place to start. Someone had to know something. He reached out with the dark side, feeling the plight, deprivation & fear of the numerous inhabitants of the yards. They weren’t visible yet to the naked eye, but thousands of individuals hid away throughout the masses of scrap in makeshift bases & housing. He could feel two beings close by, over by the sludge lake, and decided that they'd be the first to talk.

The cannibalization of the many ships and vehicles broke the silence between Venari and Vellaro with resounding crashes & booms in the distance. With towering mounds of ruined equipment and vessels dotting the area around them, the duo maneuvered through the makeshift "roads" left behind by those that lived at the bottom of the galactic pecking order. Eventually they arrived at the edge of the body of sludge. As he had felt, two men, one human and one Sullustan were carrying something, a corpse, and tossing it into the lake.

Did they deem it necessary to hide away their kills here? Venari thought to himself.

He walked out from between two manufactured hills of junk, "I want them for interrogation," he said to Vallaro.

Wasting no time, he reached out with the force & grabbed hold of the opposing duo, pulling them towards Vellaro and himself. He immediately grabbed the human off the ground & held him in the air. Venari activated his lightsaber & held it to the human's neck, "this heap of trash you call a home has seen the disappearances of many as of late, no? I want to know-" A wave of dark side energy washed over the scrapyard & poured over Venari. His gaze fixated on another First Order Star Destroyer just over a kilometer out. The crumbled remains of an Alliance ship obscured it in part but the Sith Lord could see the head of the ship, where the bridge & bulbous shield generators pierced into the sky.

"Fortunately it appears I won't be requiring your services," with the swipe of his arm he beheaded the human scavenger. "Our target. It's there," he said staring to the distant Star Destroyer.

C:\Mission\Objective: "Unravel the Reaver mystery"
C:\Mission\Location: "Scrapyard"
C:\Mission\Ally Tags: Lord Venari Lord Venari
C:\Mission\Very Mouse Tags: Koushou Mito Koushou Mito
C:\Mission\Unknown Tags: Darth Wyrm Darth Wyrm | Agrippa Agrippa | Luc Rivers Luc Rivers | Val Drutin | F I S H F I S H | Moira Connell Moira Connell

From the ground, the scrapyard appeared to be a labyrinth of scrap hills and partially destroyed vessels. Vallaro knew that places like this were often filled with the dregs of society, but it was hard to imagine anyone choosing to live here with the smell of waste chemicals and rust choking the air. Then again, most of them probably didn’t have a choice. Vallaro’s boots crunched against the screws and loose bits of metal that acted as a poor man’s gravel on makeshift roads.

Venari led the way further into the scrapyard as the smell of waste chemicals grew stronger and more caustic to a point where Vallaro could swear his nose hair was beginning to dissolve. Vallaro wasn’t quite sure where the Sith was headed but he decided not to ask. He trusted that Venari wasn’t just wandering aimlessly through the scrapyard. Force users were strange in that way, they always seemed to just know where to go. Vallaro had grown used to it in his time working with the sith and he wasn’t being paid to understand the mysteries of the force.

Finally, the duo approached a lake of sludge and waste. Vallaro shielded his nose with his hands. For a moment he considered lighting a cigarra but he was worried that the fumes from the lake would catch fire and explode if he did.

“Eh, we should be far enough. If not, it’ll be one hell of a light show,” he murmured as he threw caution to the wind and lit the cigarra anyway. His lighters flame burned bright and crackled as traces of flammable gas ignited around the flame. Venari stepped forwards towards the caustic lake.

"I want them for interrogation," he said as he pulled two men from the opposite side of the lake on to the ground before them. Venari took one quickly put a lightsaber to his neck while the other slid across the floor stopping just in front of Vallaro.

Vallaro looked down at the Sullustan. Casually he crouched beside the man and pressed his knee to the back of the man’s neck as he transitioned to bearing most of his weight on the Sullustan’s body. It was simple hold but effective against someone who had just found themselves disoriented by being forcibly made to fly several meters with no explanation.

“Alright pal, let’s make this easy.” He pressed the lit cigarra against one of the man's jowl flaps. “This man over here is a Sith Lord and he just pulled you here for some questioning. If you’re nice and just a little lucky, you might be able to provide us with some answers, then we can let you go. Nod if you understand.” The Sullustan jerked his head in an attempt to nod. “Oh, maybe that was a poor choice of words on my part anyway-“ Vallaro was interrupted by the signature hum of a lightsaber in motion: Venari had decapitated his interrogee. There was a crunch as a human head hit the ground and rolled downhill into the lake of sludge with a splash, then a fizzle, then silence. “Oh, that’s unlucky pal.” Vallaro pulled a Vibroknife from his rig and slammed it into the side of the Sullustan’s throat. Toggling the power on he then pulled the blade out through the back of the mans neck. “Real unlucky.”

"Our target. It's there," He heard Venari say as he looked to a Star destroyer in the distance.

“Great… more walking. Let's hustle.”

Last edited:
Still tailing these two: Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall | Lord Venari Lord Venari
Still haven’t seen: Darth Wyrm Darth Wyrm | Agrippa Agrippa | Luc Rivers Luc Rivers | Val Drutin | F I S H F I S H
Good Mouse: Koushou Mito Koushou Mito

The rain hadn’t let up as Moira followed along, if anything, it was getting worse. That just meant sneaking would be easier, the rain could hide her missteps and she could afford to take more liberties. On the downside she was soaked to the bone, which didn’t lead to a comfortable trip. As she Climbed to the top of a small mountain of Jagged metal and broken chassis, She took a moment to look around. It was sad, the whole landscape was a far cry from Kashyyyk. Instead of tall majestic trees, gorgeous coastlines. It was nothing but scrap and broken ship. All these parts might have made the pride of a fleet but now they made cover for her.

She kept an eye on the pair of men. It wasn’t too hard to find out where they were going, She could see them walking towards a lake of corrosion. She took a deep breath, it was time to be brave. She decided to try to beat them to the pass and hide. She saw enough of the future that they will go there. She couldn’t really see anything after that, The fumes were starting to get to her.

There was enough noise between the rain and ships getting cut apart to cover her movement. She also took care to keep a wide berth of where they were going to walk. After some time she managed to make it to the lake. It was more impressive and grotesque in person. The lake seemed to go on forever, stretching farther than it should. The only thing to break-up the landscape was hillocks of garbage and some people dragging something to the lake. Her head started to spin, between the fumes and the vertigo she was going to be sick. Between the forest and Cramped cities she grew up in she never got used to open spaces. The thought that something could be so empty was mind boggling.

Her stomach was starting to settle as the pair of men she was following walking into view. Standing tall between hills of trash. She looked ahead a few moments, and she saw the Sith pull the lake draggers. Just as the Sith pulled the men in, she looked again and saw some rushed questions. A little further, the Sith gets distracted and mutters something. Her hands flew to her mouth trying to stifle the gasp as the head of the man fell to the ground from the Sith’s Saber. She averted her eyes, she didn’t want to see it happen again.

Moira was still coming to terms with what she saw, two people murdered in front of her, being unable to lift a finger. When a pulse of Dark Side Energy came from an old broken Star Destroyer far beyond her time. Choking back tears she picked herself up and forced herself on. She came this far, and there was a time to feel bad for herself, it was after she got off this rock.

The rain smattered on the windshield of the old and worn B-29 freighter as it soared past above the landscape. A landscape filled with the sad remains of once great and powerful war vessels. Everything left to decay for houndreds of years to come. What was not salvaged was left to decay and decorate a city of trash and wreckages.

Her nimble hands steered the ship experienced through the sky, and she kept the speed slow enough while trying to spot a good landing spot and place to start salvaging from. On her way here, while getting supplies and provisions from a spacestation, she had heard things that would make people keep the Galak Scrapyard outside an armlenghts reach. She had it in consideration, but something was pulling her towards the place. Not only rare and valuable loot, which was rumored to be waiting for the ones that dared and ventured deep enough in the mountains of starship corpses, but a faint whisper inside her. A whisper that was gone as soon as it came, but left an uneasy yet irresistable feeling inside the young salvager girl.

She drew a light sniffle before spotting a star destroyer that emerged in the landscape and made for a convenient landing spot.

''That will do...'' she said to herself and prepared the ship for landing.

Aiming for a fairly hidden landing spot, she nestled the ship in just beneath the bridge at the starboard side. The landing was made without a fuzz, but when she reached for the seatbelt she froze. The whisper again. A genderless whisper that, like the first one, was gone in an instant. Like a voice from someone who just went up in thin air, before you got the chance to answer its owner. She threw a side-eye out of the windows. A sudden feeling of praying that her presence would go unnoticed spread inside her.

Click!

The belt buckle were released and snapped her out of the eerie feeling. She stood up and put her black gloves on, sealing them to the teal survival suit that she wore. Walking out of the small cockpit, she grabbed the white helmet from a hook and attached its oxygen tube to an airpack in her belt. Her weapons fought with tools for space in the belt. Opening the larboard ramp, she took a deep inhale before walking down. The choosen landing spot also provided her cover for the rain.

Agrippa Agrippa Lord Venari Lord Venari Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Darth Wyrm Darth Wyrm Luc Rivers Luc Rivers Val Drutin F I S H F I S H Koushou Mito Koushou Mito Moira Connell Moira Connell

Last edited:

Luc Rivers

every job could be my last
The handful of working that trailed behind her on approach to the wreck, veered off to their respective parts of the ship and would start work. Although this wreckage was ‘their’ ship to scrap, everyone carried a weapon to mitigate any surprises to be found into side the shell and with all these disappearances, it was prudent. The Pit Runners had been working on this one for weeks, and although they had salvaged and sold a good portion, there was still plenty left that was valuable.

The wreckage was just one among many, but eventually this ‘supply’ would run out, it is not an infinite resource and Lily wanted to get as much out of it as she could and leave this dirty place to a better life. Anywhere would be a better life than this.

The fact that there were people skulking through the yards was not unusual, as long as they did not encroach on their plot, she did not care. Most of them going to their own patch in the yards, although would envy the claim, but they knew better than to mess with the Pit Runners. But there was a strange tension in the air that she could not place, whether it was because the killing she could not tell. However, it was not as if they had not seen death before.

Lily ducked her head and moved sideways along a narrow passage in the ship, it was a well-worn path to the reactor core. She stepped out of the narrow passageway, her torch scanning the area, and everything seemed to be the way she had left it. Approaching the portable power generator, she turned on the mobile lights which flooded the room with stark white light.

In the distance, the echoing of sheet metal falling caused her to jump this time, it would only be the Runners going about their salvage but for some reason her nerves were on edge. She had to chuckle at herself for being so silly and a trademark Daine smile parted her lips as she returned to her work on one of the panels to retrieve the components.

Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx | Moira Connell Moira Connell | Caedyn Arenais | Agrippa Agrippa | Lord Venari Lord Venari | Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall | Darth Wyrm Darth Wyrm | Val Drutin | F I S H F I S H | Koushou Mito Koushou Mito |

The first one there it seemed...and the ONLY one there at the moment (The last thing he was expecting was the seemingly eminent confrontation of all these characters). A virtue of learning the salvaging skill early in life meant you had loads of time to perfect your methods, time to make mistakes and learn from them. Now Fish was by no means a /Master/, but with a malleable brain as eager to learn as his was, information was absorbed and interpreted remarkably quickly. Fate hadn't granted him much alone time before others started pointing their compasses towards the destroyer, but in that short time he had already pocketed a bag's worth of useable metal and ship components. His fingers were agile and small - they held impressive manual dexterity and familiarity with the tools he used - his eyes critical and calculating. He made quick work of the ship and yet worked in short spurts, trying not to take enough scrap for it to be noticeable but just enough for him to profit from it.

He was in part a fool for finding such comfort in the silence. Finding comfort in this deserted skeleton of a ship while the rain pelted against it's rusting metal finish. Silence was the perfect moment for snipers. That holding of breath, the slow pull of the trigger and then the silence was shattered only to be followed by a near ring and all that blood...Silence was perfect for sneaking and swiping (Albeit what he was doing at this exact moment) Silence was perfect for the instantaneous change of everything. He was also a fool to depend solely on the energy surges that his antennas alerted him with when someone entered his little bubble - Fish had entered this challenge expecting to be able to flee as soon as he felt anything. Leave the ship and find another one in the scrap yard, no one would know he was there! But alas as sure as the sun does set there would be complications. Any biological skills required maintenance and training, similar to the exercising of a muscle and this antenna
business was not a muscle he had been flexing regularly enough. It would work sure enough, it always did...it was just when and how effectively it would get the message across to its host.

Fish was putsying around with the reactor core by the time his little 'feeler's lifted themselves from his scalp and lifted above his hairline - if an observer happened to catch it, the sight would be similar to a snail and it's bulbous eyes (but...coming out of the top of Fish's head). They vibrated weakly a second or two before the clanging of boots could be heard. So much for a warning, he would've been able to guess their arrival without the help of his 'watchmen'. No hope of escaping now without being sighted. Oh well. Scrap the reactor core. His focus and attention to detail was transferred seamlessly into his panic-reaction. Little to no noticeable noise emitted from the boy as he stashed his tools hastily back in his belt and scanned the walls with his aquatic eyes...he could probably peel back some of this metal and weasel himself in between the frame. He was thin enough, perhaps a bit more 'long' than he had hoped but he was still a teenage boy and they always seemed to have a knack at fitting in tight spaces when need be. He'd scanned the room earlier and was already aware of the weak metal lining the walls, Fish's finger nails had already made purchase on an already-peeling sheet. It was pulled back just enough to slip in. His emaciated figure fit nicely in between the outer-wall of the ship and its inner lining. Ironically, it was in the anticipatory silence of someone entering the room that he finally heard the fabulously rapid beating of his heart.

He could peek out from his hiding spot, but only to a certain degree. He only saw one third of the room, saw the light they had brought with them via torch, and due to that he was desperately hoping whoever had entered didn't slip into his field of vision...as the sight of a boy hiding in the wall was probably not one they were going to miss.

UNAWARE OF: literally everyone except Luc Rivers Luc Rivers .
Agrippa Agrippa Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Moira Connell Moira Connell Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Lord Venari Lord Venari Koushou Mito Koushou Mito Darth Wyrm Darth Wyrm Val Drutin

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Starship: The Repertoire.
Objective 1: Assess the rumors of Rogue Force Users.
Objective 2: Recruitment for the Svivren Jedi Enclave (Outer Planets Alliance).
Allies: Agrippa Agrippa .
Opposition: Unknown.
UsgnbLp.png

Galak Scrapyard,
Terminus.​

Word had reached Caedyn Arenais of a growing situation at the Galak Scrapyard on Terminus, rumors of independent Force Users running a mix with criminal gangs, using violence and extortion to make their way in life, and wreck havoc for those that opposed them. While the Outer Planets Alliance had a strong influence over the Outer Rim, it was an unfortunate fact and a disappointing habit of theirs to come and go, rarely leaving behind a consistent and improving mark on those Nations they claimed to care about.

For Caedyn, this was one of the reasons why the Jedi Order was so required within the Outer Rim, to keep up appearances and prove to the common folk that their quality of life was important to others, that they were valued citizens of the OPA and that there were those ready to take a stand to do what had to be done, the right thing, bringing justice and civility to those without it.

By no means was this an official assignment handed down by Alliance Command, but a voluntary excursion to the world of Terminus in order to see what he could do to help stabilize the Galak Scrapyard, if that was at all possible; Willing to remain there for days at a time if that's what it took to find some form of confidence in the results of his visit, and those he might come to meet. Unlike an official assignment however, Caedyn was accompanied only by his droid companions, Lexas & Chip. Naturally they wouldn't offer much in the way of back-up. Lexus would remain with the Repertoire and ensure it's security whilst Caedyn and Chip would step off of the loading ramp and into the fresh air of the Scrapyard, if fresh was what you'd call it...

"Chip, what do you see?" Caedyn asked the BB-Model Droid, pulling a pair of Electrobinoculars, seeking to determine the nearest signs of activity. Chips response came in a series of beeps and whistles, leading Caedyn to look off in the direction of a Star Destroyer gradually being pulled apart. "There's definitely some kind of action going on those ways...-Let's see if we can't get a closer look then, shall we?".

Luc Rivers Luc Rivers

Val Drutin

V
So far, Val's quest to find some colorful scrap had been unsuccessful due to the sheer amount of rust covering everything in sight. Not that rust wasn't a good color—it just left a nasty residue on his fingers and smelled the way blood tasted. Blech.

Just as he was about to give up hope, his attention was drawn to the wondrous sight of Koushou Mito Koushou Mito scampering up a metal beam. His eyes bugged out of his head and his mouth fell open in shock as he whispered, "A mouse?..." followed by an ecstatic shriek: "A mouse!"

He clamped a hand over his mouth. What an idiot, screaming like that! He was going to wind up scaring the poor creature away. No no no, he wanted to make friends with the adorable mouse. He wanted to pet it and take it home and love it and give it a name.

Trying not to make too much noise, he started to make his way over toward the beam which held the precious wee little mouse. As he approached, he became aware of the growling.

Now, the growling was difficult to describe. It wasn't quite animalistic, but it also was clearly not human. He didn't know what sorts of creatures hung out in this scrapyard, but since he had to deal with plenty of rodents infesting his ship (which was just as, if not more, cluttered than this place) he wasn't too concerned. It's just that, gee, there sure seemed to be a lot of them nearby... which made it all the more imperative that he save the mouse from whatever was lurking amid the junk dunes—!

Darth Wyrm Darth Wyrm

Agrippa Agrippa Lord Venari Lord Venari Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Luc Rivers Luc Rivers F I S H F I S H Moira Connell Moira Connell

Silence reigned over the internals of the star destroyer wreckage as he made his way towards the reactor core. Far too silent. The Force twitched at the back of his head and Sigi's slowed down. A sharp grating of steel from above and the Jedi nearly lost his footing on the pipe evading the vibroblade wielding goon. The smell of oil and sweat filled his nostrils. Scavengers rarely showered.

The blue blade snap hissed just in time as the man produced a blaster pistol and fired well accurate shots. A year ago, Sigi would've lied in a puddle of his own blood. Not today. Soresu swings deflected the bolts astray and Sigi's hand went for a nearby object with the Force. The repeating blaster bolts cut his idea short and he backtracked as the endless barrage of blaster bolts kept pushing him back and back...into the reactor core. A large spherical room where the core was once housed, it looked incredibly empty with a large void in the middle where the core used to be. Falling into it led to eternal darkness.

Keeping up his guard but moving backwards into a destination he had no awareness off, the Jedi knew he had to end this ambush quickly. Hopefully without killing the man. As if luck heard his plea, the man's pistol jammed just for a few moments; enough for Sigi to call the Force and yank a loose outer-wall piece ( F I S H F I S H ) at the assailant. It smacked him hard into an adjacent wall, with a damaged ceiling tile coming down on him as well. Knocked out for good.

The Jedi took a deep breath sensing his lungs were so tense they'd ceased his airways. He disengaged his lightsaber and wiped his forehead. A few strands of wet hair rested on his brow.

Luc Rivers Luc Rivers Caedyn Arenais Moira Connell Moira Connell Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Lord Venari Lord Venari Val Drutin Koushou Mito Koushou Mito Darth Wyrm Darth Wyrm

The Lightside Unknown: Caedyn Arenais
Incoming guests who may or may not be friendly: Vallaro Kindall Vallaro Kindall Lord Venari Lord Venari Moira Connell Moira Connell Luc Rivers Luc Rivers
Uninvited Guests: Agrippa Agrippa | F I S H F I S H | Val Drutin | Koushou Mito Koushou Mito

If only Salvatore knew how many sentients were currently en-route to him.

For one, he might have been less loud and high-and-mighty about things. At that point you are just inviting divine retribution, if you think about it. It was only luck that brought his operation close to the engine room. The reactor was crucial to their tests. If high-powered scanners had been aimed at the Star Destroyer, at some point they would localize energy bursts coming off of it every once in a while.

They weren't that powerful ... or rather, they were mildly suppressed by miles of recessed durasteel plating.

"How should I know? I wouldn't be asking, if I did, now would I?" The Verpine sighed and then bopped its antennas in supplication. It knew its Masters mood. There was nothing to be done about it. "I can go take a look, my Lord?"

Salvatore wasn't listening anymore. He had stepped up towards the cages. A big meaty ashen arm rising up, dark smoke rising up from it, before flying off towards the crazed creatures inside that once were people. It made them scream even louder. This sound would echo beautifully through the halls of the Star Destroyer presumably. Those close-by? They would know that there was something very wrong for a fact.

People like Sigi might hear a ghost of a whisper alone, but then again... he already knew to look near the reactors.

Lheor sighed, once he realized Salvatore was off in his 'demonic' dreamworld as per usual, and set off to where the sounds were coming from. The skittering seemed to have passed. Once he stepped into the next room however?

Hushed voice?

Oh, dear.

"H-hello?! Come out whoever you are!" The Verpine chittered in the direction of Val Drutin and Koushou Mito. "This is PRIVATE property!" He really hoped it wasn't one of Salvatore's marauders. They were always let loose through the engine tunnels, but ... maybe one found its way back here? That would be dreadful, he had just ironed this shirt.

Behind him, farther away, Lheor could hear it however.

The screaming and whooping of another batch of Marauders. Infused with the Darkside (Which let loose another burst of Darkside energy for some to home into) and already rampaging through the tunnels to the outside.

They'd presumably make a horrible mess out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom