Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction Bazaar of Wondrous Obscurities

<You are disguised.> There was no scorn or accusation in the telepathic exchange. <This is not against the rules. I will require some assurance that your purpose will not involve the destruction of the Obelisk and by extension the Gatekeeper for the bid to be valid, however.> He had not insignificant leeway, in that regard.

While only one served as Auctioneer, all could accept or reject bids at their discretion.

Truth be told, Kal was not able to know the 'shepherd girl's true identity, but it was clear she was a witch of some potency. Dathomirian, most likely. A literal interpretation of their agreement might have allowed him to recognise the bid without further investigation, but intent had always been important to him.

It was what separated good business practice from 'deals with the devil'.

Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

--- --- ---
Any privacy in this place was an illusion, that fact was made clear when a sharply-dressed Grey One approached the trio.

"The honourable gentlebeings wish to combine their otherwise unaltered bids?" This one's voice was particularly grating, tinges of white noise accompanying the synthetic voice. Perhaps it had something to do with the tray of complimentary drinks in its hands, though evidently even the servers were trained to receive bids.

Only the telepathically-sensitive were likely to notice the localised hive mind connecting the lot of them.

tIA7UPc.png

the M I S T R E S S
M A L C O N T E N T

Pom-Side.jpg

It could be she wanted to acquire the item which Jax Thio Jax Thio took interest in. She would never let him cross her path and be free to gain the upperhand. Even if he only wanted to eat...she would buy every last crumb in the diner...buy the diner itself, and to add insult to injury she would place a CLOSED sign on the entry door! That is her attitude that drives her now, yet there is another entirely selfless reason, which is to know thy enemy as the only way to properly protect her people.

Her disguise was suspected, perhaps because she did not speak aloud? Her true intention, merely that she did not wish for Jax to focus upon her. Considering her and Jax's lengthy history as rivals, he might recognize something specific about her, some physical trait she has retained even in her transformation which might give her away!

The Auctioneer Kal Kal returned conversation. Truthfully her destructive nature is limited to the acquisition of potion ingredients which involve organic material manipulated within strict specific terms under rule of time and space. In her past she has learned of the nature of the Force, studied the Light of the Force to learn to protect her people against invading forces. Teachers of such do not often produce upon Dathomir, and they must be sought out. For some reason, outsiders have ever been the aggressors, as those born to Dathomir willingly stick to their provincial life, while only some like herself leave in search of new magick.

Baby blue eyes fluttered in disbelief at the inquiry posed to her. Her curls jostled as she shook her head. 'I would never destroy such art. That would be as regrettable as burning a grimoire of the elders. The entire galaxy would suffer if even a single tidbit of the mysteries therein were to go forever lost to it by such an atrocious act of intentional malice!' she thought in return, believing the craft just as she stated it to be, as Holy Mysteries meant to be revealed, not coveted and hidden away or destroyed. Her life mission is to learn all of which she is capable, stopping just short of the most insane practices, but to be aware of the existence of such for the sake of becoming well rounded in her studies.

'You have my solemn Word,' she concluded.

Well, that was awkward.

And who would have guessed?

"No, no, no!" Spek waved his hands, palms facing forward. "I'm not Jairdain's Padawan. Well, not anymore at least. I was, only briefly, and a long time ago." In the two-year interim between his decade spent as Apprentice to Master Kell Nova, and abandoning the Silver Jedi. An event that transpired ten years ago.

"Nevertheless, it's a pleasure to meet you, Master Thio!" The 35-year-old Zeltron candidly said, with a warm smile.

He also noticed that there had been a steadily increasing interest - and reciprocal number of bids - over the Jedi artifact. Judging by the bidders, Zhio deduced that most were after its knowledge. Driven either by purely academical or personal gain.

The little out-of-place blue-eyed girl though...

Suddenly, Spek's line of thought was broken by a hiss of static. He winced, as the gray being, wearing a well-cut three-piece suit, approached and addressed them.

"Sure. Go for it!" Zhio answered, while looking at Jairdain and Jax, to see if the decision was indeed mutual between the three.

"I mean, what better way is there to throw a party, than to do it on your own private property on Voss, with a cellar full of wine, ten kay creds to spend on delicatessen, and a personal chauffeur to get you there?" Well, at least once.

FINAL DAWN
NETHERWORLD

Sularen watched as other individuals presented their bids , noticing a strong majority of the individuals present placed bids on Item One , some sort of Obelisk crafted by an Ancient Sect of the Jedi. While he had considered placing his own bid on the item , Sularen decided against it , his priorities fixed on Item Six - A Decades worth of Essence of Vitae which would prolong Sularen’s Lifetime which would be very beneficial , especially in the Long-Term. Fortunately for Sularen there was only one other individual bidding for the item , some street kid of little importance. He was confident that the kid wouldn’t have the resources to rival his bid and as long as she remained as the only other bidder for Item Six , Sularen was guaranteed to acquire the valuable supply of Essense of Vitae.

As Sularen further scanned the Auction , he suddenly heard a familiar voice resonate throughout the Auction.

I PUT DOWN 10,000 CREDITS FOR THE THE TERRON OBELISK!
Could it be? He thought. Without hesitation Sularen turned around towards where this voice seemed to come from and within seconds he saw him. Jax Thio , Jedi Master and Member of the New Jedi Order , the very individual who Sularen had confronted over Jedha , a confrontation which ended with Sularen being Force Choked into Unconsciousness by Jax although he was still able to shoot the Jedi Master straight in the eye. It seemed that he was conversing with another individual but nevertheless the Grand Overseer started to head towards Jax.

As soon as he approached the Jedi Master , Sularen quickly interrupted his conversation with whoever he was talking with to greet the very person he had fought with at Jedha in a friendly tone. “Well , Well , Well. If it isn’t Jax Thio himself.” Sularen began. “I see you’ve recovered from our encounter at Jedha.” Sularen then said with a smirk. “So anyways , what are you doing here in the Netherworld , Jax? Here to bid for that Ancient Obelisk I presume?” Sularen then took a quick look at the individual beside Jax before resuming his conversation. “And I assume this must be your Apprentice? Or a friend within the New Jedi Order?

• Love
Reactions: Kal
"If we win this obelisk, then you will have all the time you want, Spek."

Giving her former Padawan a warm smile, she turned to Jax and waited to hear his answer about combining the bids. This was his first time at one and Jairdain had no idea about that. So she had never explained the ground rules. Just something she would have to remember in the future if something like this ever happened again.

After they introduced themselves, she nodded. Even though Jax assumed some wrong information and soon it was corrected. At least, she hoped so. Wincing a little as a droid's screeching voice came near, she agreed with Spek as he answered the droid.

Chuckling a bit as to how he phrased things, she felt their combined bids should be enough to counter the Witchess.

"Want to get a closer look at it?"

Hopefully, that would be allowed and she lead the two of them to stand a bit closer. This move also took them further away from Pom.

I know you are here Pom. If you plan to start anything, please let me know and we can go outside.

Just a simple statement and not threatening at all. Focusing on her through the Force, she continued to hold out hope Jax wouldn't figure out she was there.

Combining the bids from Jax Thio Jax Thio and Spek Zhio Spek Zhio to mine for the auction.

Kal Kal

The Human

T

separator-png-95-images-in-collection-page-2-separator-png-1732_323.png

TAG: Kal Kal Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

Tagging along for events was not something that interested him very much. He despised going to social events though with his new face, completely reconstructed from his events in the Vinesworn Rebellion, it perhaps was a good time to experiment on mingling. He was sent along with Marlon, partly as an experiment to "socialize", to see if anything seemed to jog the memories of the Human known as Dalos Cameron currently. Each step seemed to make his mind go in a haze of conversations, every glance made him realize how easy it can be to start trouble, every speech showing how easy it was also to avoid. Dalos was learning, just from being around others and while some did concern him, so did the idea of the Netherworld though...he felt quite comfortable here. As if he truly belonged here.

With him, while being slightly armed with his two lightsabers, he came with some permission slips and a small case of armor. Not his usual set but something to put on in a hurry should the event go violent. A certain Haon Hafey attempted to tell him that events such as these, are once in a life time moments to put your foot into doors and to achieve items that can help ones journey in the long run. While keeping an eye on Marlon whom struck up a conversation with a Jedi, having to his notice, trying to prolong his life, his other eye glanced at an object that drew him almost instantly to it.

Taking one step at a time, his eyes would slowly turn and focus on a particular item in the auction. The Voidsaber, a piece of work that the more he stared at it, the more his memories started to flood into his mind. The dual design made him think, so far long ago as his mind proceeded to close and remember. The striking, the training...all the uses that ever was done for it. It felt like a tool, it felt like it was once part of him. Slowly his own left hand touched behind his belt, as if trying to feel the spot it once belonged to but could not grasp feeling it. Opening his eyes, the Human knew what he wanted from this auction.

Walking over towards the auction podium, he honestly had no ideas how auctions worked but he did what he felt was right. While many fought for the obelisk, he would fight instead, for the most simple. Speaking to the auctioneer, he placed the durasteel briefcase he had onto the floor and opened it, removing a set of clothing out of it, holding it up towards the auctioneer and anyone who wishes to look near the podium, speaking aloud to where they could hear, holding the Armour of the Forgotten.

"Auctioneer, I would like to make a bid on item lot four, known as Voidsaber. I present as a bid, one of my force imbued armour, known as the Armour of the Forgotten. Heavily resistant to lightsaber blows, blades, and even disruptors. It cannot be stained at all, through any attempt through corrosion or food, and is machine washable. It takes the blows of pain, reducing it and turning it into your own power. This is merely, one of them and I offer three of these to the auction, in exchange for the Voidsaber if permitted."

After presenting the bid, he held onto the armor for now and glanced around for a few moments with a small smile. Looking upon item lot two, he thought over what could be bid before his eyes laid upon someone in particular. A simple shepard girl, with pig tails that was of the undead kind yet his mind was not focusing on what he was perceiving, it was what the living force was telling him with his smile slowly vanishing. The Humans eyes slowly started to widen as his memories started to flood in, as if whispering secrets into his ears. Images started to flash before his eyes and quickly, the Human was dragged mentally out of time, into his own mind, into his own madness with the armor slipping out of his fingers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Graveyards span his mind, voices of the death speak around them. Forgiveness, sorrow and happiness. Two voices, not of one but two of the same. Amulets of protection, life and gifts. Between death and life, more to be found, more to be forgiven. Light and Darkness, both was chosen in a split second, himself forgiven. Temple life, a new life, the world was spinning, water and life, life and death, corridors, and madness. Seeking and unseeking, madne-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

While it only lasted a brief five seconds, he felt as if eternity passed him on by, as if reliving every moment of that time, all the while staring at the girl with pig tails. It was so much to process and most of it was fleeting, only seeing vague images of things he once was. Just for a fleeting moment, before he regained his composure, the Force consumed his mind and gave out a rather unique signature of his before pulling back inwards, back to its safety and security. Finally regaining his composure, Dalos breathed inward and leaned down to pick up the armour, looking at the autioneer as he pushed it into the suitcase and closed it.

"Excuse me, I-I need a smoke."

Moving away rather abruptly, he tried to move towards one of the windows and lean onto it, rubbing his forehead and trying to keep his mind free and clear. Little did he know how much this one experience, had started to reopen his mind all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tag: Kal Kal

<"Fetherations..."> He grumbled under his breath.

Ah, so he was outbid, his eyes flashed in anger, he wanted the Voidsaber. Then what can he do to up his claim? He didn't have fancy unique stuff to give. He had a Zillo-Beast tooth that he kept in his pocket, 45 Beskar ingots he had kept from previous adventures, and his expertise of Force-Lightning Redirection and his deep pockets, so he will re-bid his claim. Because, getting into a fight will not get him what he wanted, and he wanted this item. so he was going to take the official way to do so.

He is not going to let this go, no way in the force. So he had to find a way to get back in front of this game. So he decided to counterbid. Taking a moment to temper his temper, he approached the auctioneer. and presented his bid once more.

<"I will counterbid for the Voidsaber with 200,000 credits, 45 ingots of beskar, a Zillo-Beast tooth and, my expertise on Force-Lightning Redirection."> Superious counters as he stepped up to the Auctioneer to present his new offer.

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Now on the one hand, Jerec estimated his position as excellent. A flurry of agitated bidding had focused on lots other than the one that Jerec wanted — Ol' Sadow, the haunted ship, for which he was the only bidder as far as he'd heard.

But on the other hand, that was Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen over there, formerly some high muckety-muck in the Directorate. A group that had blown up Jerec's ship, put a six-figure bounty on him, and paid out that bounty when they stuck him in a deeply uncertified private psych facility.

Jerec glared daggers in Sularen's direction. Since he wanted to just win his bid and bail slightly more than he wanted to make trouble, he stayed quiet.

Her words were convincing, her promise binding. Ultimately, then, it mattered not who she was.

<I am glad to hear it, apologies if any offence was taken - one must be careful with such things, as I am sure you understand. All too many are eager to destroy the legacy of others.> Telepathic link with his kin existing on a far deeper level than the surface speech they engaged in, the investigation ceased as quickly as it had started.

The intent was to safeguard the knowledge the Obelisk held. If she would preserve it, she could be a Dark Lord of the Sith in disguise for all he cared; at the end of the day, he was only mildly interested in the struggle between Light and Dark.

Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé
--- --- ---
Ever interested in keeping everyone on the same page, Kal's gaze soon swivelled towards a masked Sith.

<I trust you understand that the relaying of knowledge will likely involve some degree of telepathic communion?>

It seemed obvious to the spirit, but it was always difficult to tell with mortals. Some seemed entirely oblivious to the many shortcomings of purely verbal communication. Such a restraining medium - tied in its entirety to a collection of grunts and dictations restricted to clearly defined ideas in the speakers' shared repertoires.

It was no wonder organics took so long to develop civilisations.

Since he had recently chosen not to plunder a Sith's tomb in order to assist the survivors of a wrecked ship instead, Percival was trying to compensate. He had used various channels to query into where one could acquire such relics, and one of the paths had led him here, with an invitation from the host of the auction.

So far no one had bid on Item II, despite it being one of the more interesting artifacts available. His Mother and her allies seemed to harbor a lust for objects of power. He didn't really pay much heed to the associated warnings that came with the Visage of Kozzic; he had come from a family full of people who harbored other minds and spirits inside their bodies. One more, confined to a mask, no less, wouldn't make any of his kin bat an eye.

"A thousand credits for Item II," he said. Since no one else was competing with him, no need to get crazy with the offers.

Kal Kal

Last edited:

His bid was accepted, excellent, so he had time to focus on other items here. But all he can do is wait to either win or, become outbid again. Such as the way of the busy world of Auctions. He'll be annoyed by it, his patience and restraint have been tested already as it is today by becoming second in the bidding for the Voidsaber. Calm and collected is the aim of the game here.

Then he heard a voice break his single-minded brooding, it was the Auctioneer, he didn't mind this one bit, he's used to stuff like this. Being able to transfer skills would make learning easier. He does not have the aptitude or born-in ability for telepathy, he did try his hand at it once. Ended a complete failure and with him with a popped vessel.

So he drew a burned line under that and focused on other skills. So he turned to face Kal once more. He accepted that Telepathy would be easier to transfer than a demonstration. Too much of an interesting place to be marred with lightning.

<"Yes, I understand fully, Telepathy doesn't bother me in the slightest. The transfer of this knowledge will depend on the bidding outcome.">

tIA7UPc.png

the M I S T R E S S
M A L C O N T E N T

Pom-Side.jpg

The little shepherd girl ignored Jairdain Jairdain 's suspicious accusations. Jax Thio Jax Thio had a habit of doing himself in no matter how gently the Nightsister played with him. In fact, every ailment he suffered, she believed he lived for the pity of others which one would find he struck upon sight of him. It is as if he volunteers himself as a sacrifice. The witch almost smiled at the mere thought, but she held her composure when she soon spotted a man who not only stared at her with an odd, inappropriate intensity, but also dropped what was in his hands as if struck by shock. Pom jerked her head and looked behind herself, thinking maybe a monster were standing over her shoulder ready to strike! She stared back at Dalos Cameron, wide eyed and confused.

Kal Kal the auctioneer seemed satisfied with her response and she curtsied respectively at the end of their exchange. She is truly no warrior in the customary stance of Light verses Dark, and her personal fight is more a direct one! She is not domineering and never has been the first to strike out. The enemy zealots just seem to have a knack for picking her out of the crowd and tagging her head for extermination without justification.

MnUiTEN.png

The Human

T

TAG: Kal Kal Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé Erion Justeene Erion Justeene Percival Io Percival Io Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

It took several minutes for Dalos to finally compose himself completely, his mind starting to reform after the incident as he barely could still make out what just happened. This was not some average memory that attempted in some form of assistance or memory, it was a waterfall of emotions that came with a tidal wave of memories. Flicking the cigarra that was in his hand outside, he breathed out the last bit of smoke out the window as he did not really even smoke, it just so happened he felt like doing it, as if it was natural.

Glancing to the side, he barely heard all that was going on. He was possibly outbid, of course he would be outbid, it was three sets of armor to a lot of credits, beskar bars and a lot of other things. Rubbing his left eye as he felt a tear on it, he flicked it to the side and walked back up to the auctioneer as he breathed in, feeling the armor of his mind coming back on, securing all his emotions such as fear and sorrow all into one little box. The Humans emotions started to go back into balance, it was time to make a statement to the little punk with a strange visor.

With his memory serving over what each item represented, it was time to make himself very well known towards this auction, whether they want him to be known or not. He had an entire shipyard backer, a walker mercenary backer that owes him a favor, his own armor and some that been..."conveniently" removed from a few he been running into the last few times he been out on the field. This was indeed, time to flaunt a bit and he felt a bit of...maybe old personality, a bit of gaff, a bit of...gentleman like attitude.

"Sorry on that....I like to set several bids this time. My...mind was occupied yet now it is a lot clearer. Sadly I cannot really bid on Lot One so I will bid on Lot Two, that mask over there that someone bid sadly so low for."

Grabbing a bit of paper out from his tuxedo, he flicked it open as they were pre-signed papers from the owner. This one was from Haon Hafey with limitations of up to five of whatever was bid on. Leaning down, he would write into one of the fields before handing it over as it only ready: One Plaid Path Engine.

"Credits are overrated, why not instead have a Plaid Path Engine delivered right to your door? Faster than practically any hyperdrive currently in existence at point 0.005, anyone with issues travelling...should not be far behind. Now hang on, I am not finished. Let me see, Ol' Sadow is up for auction? Lot Three then...hrmmm, hang on."

Taking out another slip of paper, he glanced upwards before looking back down. He was honestly being a bit of a prick at this point, though maybe that was his intention. He had the credits to flaunt, the ships, the vehicles, the technology...all he had to do, was spend it somehow. Writing in more from Haons slip of papers, he would place it also onto the podium with the following: 1x ZuBrian-class Star Destroyer, 1x ZuEric-class Interdictor Star Destroyer, both ships filled with Phkalt Metal. Pulling out a small card of The Idiot, out of small glass case of four in his tuxedo, he placed it also on the podium with a small magnet beside it.

"I do enjoy a challenge, both star destroyers listed here along with their holds filled with the new metal discovered, known as Phkalt. On the podium is an example, virtually indestructible to energy and lightsabers. Heavy though, card weighs about five pounds and when magnetically charged, it goes invisible. I offer the equivalent of two hundred metric tons of Phkalt and the two star destroyers for the Ol' Sadow, which honestly should be more valuable than a plant growing staff. Lastly, to counter my opponent put quite an offer against me. I like to redouble my efforts."

Taking out from the pocket of his suit pants, he held up a small crystal cluster as it shined like kyber crystals to the audience, which he honestly wanted to use but decided against it, he found something better than its use. Setting it carefully onto the table, he spoke a bit loudly so the one who outbid him could hear as he took out another sheet of paper, writing down something over "Talons", a value of two and a half million of them. He would have to thank Haon later for letting him use these, as they were from his previous auctions that people gave him, pulling out even two small bars of Aurodium that came from an Empress bidding on his jewel starships long ago.

"I raise with my armor, two bars of Aurodium, two and a half million Talons, currency used by the Outer Planetary Alliance, made of various metals and goods dictating their value. I also offer this cluster of Kohlen Crystals, courtesy of one Jerec Asyr from almost seven years ago from Haon Hafeys auction and finally, I will match the bid at Force Lighting Redirection by not only matching it, but proving I can redirect it any form of it, outside with any lighting you throw at me this very moment, Force or not and show you for demonstration purposes if needed. That, is my bid for Lot Four."

Smiling in an odd way, he slowly backed up and rolled his shoulders as he glanced at the people he outbid possibly with that same odd grin, glancing then at the pig tailed girl, his smile started to vanish. Not wanting to say a word, he turned his head and walked back towards Marlon, just in case he decides to somehow get into a fight with a Jedi. While unlikely, he did wish to meet the Jedi he may someday, may need to put a blaster bolt into.

No need to get crazy with the offers yet. Someone else did eventually come forward, bidding some sort of fancy ship hyperdrive engine against Percival's thousand credits for Item II. Percival was quick to up the stakes.

"Ten thousand credits, a tour of Sword Herald Special Purpose Enterprises' main factory, and any item or droid of your choice from the company's production line for Item II," he said.

The Chaplain Neutralizer hadn't gotten the memo about Shadows' tendency to place less value on... material goods over abstract treasures like memories and experiences. He assumed they would mainly appreciate the opportunity to get a rare glimpse at one of the galaxy's most secretive, esoteric companies.

let's get this bidding war started Kal Kal Dalos Cameron

Last edited:

<"Damnation, blasterations and chit!"> He breathed under his breath utterly vexed and annoyed.

Anger filled Superious's mind, this guy is beginning to frustrate him. This was a case of out-doing and one-upmanship, so there is such thing as when on Naboo do as the Nabooians do, so the Ubese did just that. So this means he has to one-up the guy. Superious hated Humans, and this one was very high on his list of people he strongly hated. He had to fight with his desire to violently go for this man. Gathering up his thoughts and emotions and pushed them aside to think hard on this.

He does have the know-how to produce and concentrate several Darkside Techniques, also there is the Floating mountain filled with Kyber Crystals that pushed the mountain up out of the ground. A natural reservoir may be better than selling through a third party. Still, this was a lot to pick apart, with this in mind he took a nicer tone of mind, he had a very good idea of what to offer. Even some Ubese textbooks. Well, those he was willing to share with others. Nothing fancy or with the bells and whistles attached to them.

<"I have more techniques than just Lightning to offer, I can also utilise Force Destruction, Travel, Scream and Malicious Fury and also know the spell that helps create Thought Bombs. I have also located a floating Mountain that contains a concentration of Kyber Crystals, some as big as a Protocol Droid."> He paused to compose himself as the next part will be only a one-off thing as the books are unique.

<"Three Textbooks from Uba IV, one with ancient farming techniques, and the other two are old folk tales."> He added, placing three traditionally bound books on the table.

Last edited:
Following his mother's doppelganger ( Koh Su Koh Su ) through Hyper Gate Sev Tok had been easier than he thought. Whatever was going beyond those gates wasn't something he had any good guess at. Even arriving here and trekking through this bizarre landscape, he still wasn't any closer to figuring out what any of this was. There was just an ever-present sense of foreboding he couldn't shake.

There had been a few Shadowrunners and Bounty Hunters he had hired to accompany him in his hunt, to rid the galaxy of her false face, and those rotten cultists parading it around. He still couldn't place what the connection was between the Corpos and the Sargon's Few, or why their doppelganger had her face but none of her memories. The Corpos might have had nothing to do with this plot. The cult-gang could have just taken a prototype replica of her that never went online after Xopsaloff was assassinated and the central control node over Lonorar was detonated.

Whatever the case may be, he was determined to eliminate the vile machine, wherever it marched to.

He stumbled upon this bizarre bazaar quite by accident, and he started to feel like he was going crazy. At times the landscape was just an endless expanse of hellish dunes. Other times, "haunted machines" seemed to roam in dilapidated ruins, and now he seemed to find himself in an.... auction house? Well, if it was possible, perhaps he could manage to scavenge supplies here.

"I don't really know what is going on here or where this is, but I am looking for someone here that needs to be punished. I am a lost explorer here, and I could use some assistance," He tried to speak to whoever or whatever looked to be in charge here. They scoffed at him.

"Then make a bid on the mask then, or something. Don't bother me!" The figure seemed to vanish and re-appear ten feet farther from him. This felt like one long continuous trip, and it made his gut churn. Cassus knew that the force or magic or whatever existed, but he wasn't so often exposed to such strange abilities that could make it seem so casual.

"The mask?" Suddenly, it felt as if there were eyes on him. A sense that he was expected to offer something came over him. "Uh, I don't have much to trade, but you are welcome to the bodies of some no-good Primeval Cultists if this mask can help me find them."

Kal Kal Percival Io Percival Io Dalos Cameron
  • IC: Offering the bodies living or dead of Primeval Cultists currently under the influence of Omni in the Netherworld.
  • OCC: Thread with me to find his mommy? Oh, and totally experiment on some cultists for giggles

At a seemingly arbitrary point, the auction was called, the gathered Shadows flowing together, intermingling as they sought a consensus on the worth of the received bids. The sellers had the final say, of course, but all had opinions and more than one offer was put forth with the lightning-quick speed of experienced telepaths.

Within a minute, the Shadows parted ways, returning to their individual forms.

At the same time, servants bearing contracts approached those who had won.

ITEM 1 - The Terron Obelisk.
  • Spek Zhio Spek Zhio / Jairdain Jairdain / Jax Thio Jax Thio // IC: The seller, as an avid purveyor of antiquities, has an interest in Voss. The other items are sugar on top. / OOC: I blatantly favour several people bidding together. Sue me.
ITEM 2 - The Visage of Kozzic.
  • Dalos Cameron // IC: The seller is heavily invested in Greystone's transportation projects.
ITEM 3 - Ol' Sadow.
  • Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr // IC: The seller has neither the manpower nor the resources to man a Star Destroyer (nor does Greystone itself), but is looking for a more manageable artefact to pay off an outstanding debt.
ITEM 4 - The Voidsaber.
  • Erion Justeene Erion Justeene // IC: His desire is strong. We should be able to persuade him into elaborating on most of what he has been taught. A rare opportunity from the living. - 'Contentment Born of Deserved Schadenfreude'
ITEM 5 - The Fool's Gambit.
  • Yula Perl Yula Perl // IC: A technopath? I'll be eagerly awaiting the data. She might even fix a thing or two! - Zahra Teph
ITEM 6 - Ten Years of Essence of Vitae.
  • Daiya Daiya // IC: As Essence of Vitae is normally sold for credits, the seller greatly prefers immaterial assets.
ITEM 7 - A romantic (romance optional) picnic with Marrow Marrow
  • Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn // IC: I almost feel bad for her. - The Auctioneer

OOC: Yes, I did randomly assign seller's priorities to some of these. Yes, there were unstated general preferences (information and exotics over the 'mundane') to add to the vibe. Sue me.

tIA7UPc.png

the M I S T R E S S
M A L C O N T E N T

F O C U S discussed with Jairdain Jairdain prior to reading the above post Kal Kal and is a hind sight state of the property's condition! LOLOLOL! => MIO!​

Pom-Side.jpg

The Nightsister frowned, however she was struck with a vindictive streak in her mind she called her demonic minions to action. She sent them to the property Jairdain and Jax Thio Jax Thio put up for auction and instructed them to open up a can of Darkside Energy Whoopass on it. A light puff of green energy could be seen circulating around her before finally whooshing away.

Then when the auction was called, her eyes cast a satisfied glimmer none the less towards the auctioneer. Not only did Jax Thio win his precious holocron of secrets, but she still has her Potions...he might remember just how much fun they truly are to uncork.

MnUiTEN.png

Trantor pigeons and pigeonholes, everywhere he went. It was always the same.

Why sentient beings, on a galaxy with hyperlanes - a global village - still opted to classify you under a basic primitive, in order to better rationalize your individuality, seemed outlandish to him. To say the very least.

"No. I'm not anyone's apprentice. Not even a Jedi, for that matter." Zhio replied with a snarky tone, to the man who was asking Jax about him, as if the Zeltron was not even standing there, listening. "Still, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm sure."

Zhio smiled at Jairdain's invitation to approach the obelisk and, with a nod and no other word uttered, left the others and joined her in approaching the artifact.

You fly a lot through the void, visit all those scattered minuscule hubs of life, and you soon figure out, people are just people. Take them out of their unique cultural context, and they get boiled down to the same radicals. He was sure, that was true even of the uncanny gray beings around them. The psyche's id of any entity, was as basal and inevitable as their own mortality. Which included him as well, and the pull he felt towards the monolith.

Let them stroke their own egos as they will. I'm sure they'll have a blast doing it.

With that thought, the auction was closed, and the winning bids announced.

"Well, what do you know?" he addressed Jairdain. "We won!

"So, where will we be taking the obelisk to?"
Spek turned his attention to the nearest servant. "Excuse me, when will you be retrieving the cargo from my ship, and what about the charter flight?"

He pondered if trading the commodities for anything other than fuel - for either the ship or himself - was a wise decision. But, for a brief moment.

Kal Kal Jairdain Jairdain Jax Thio Jax Thio

Kal Kal

Superious sampled some of the edibles, he gave each one a taste, not something he would eat every day. He had focused so much on being on top that he neglected his need to eat. Oh well, he had more bids at the ready, just in case, once dedicated to something, he will see it to its end stubbornly.

But the Ubese didn't need to as the Auction ended, no more bids were cast, it all hung on the deliberation of the Auctioneer. The tension ran and Superious held his breath, all the bid offerings sat on the table to be tallied in as successes or returned as failures. If his luck prevailed he will gladly permit Telepathic transfer of all he knew of the Force Techniques.

A few minutes later and he got a confirmation, he won lot 4. Excellent, this will be a fine addition to his weaponry. He would need to visualise a detailed mental map of the Floating Mountain. He's no Telepath, and he knows it but, skill and location transfer will be quite straightforward on the end of the Auctioneer. All of the other successful bidders had secured their purchases as well.

Overall, this has been a successful day, and he can be proud of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom