Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Visage of Kozzic

Status
Not open for further replies.
vWboOQS.jpg

"In death, we are made equal in the Force. Lies! Only the weak go willingly into the void!"
- Mad ravings of Darth Kozzic
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Unusually enough, the Visage holds the splintered fragments of Darth Kozzic's consciousness, fragments intrinsically linked to the foul well of power held within. Though no true sentience remains, the impulses it generates can be hard to ignore, especially when drawing strongly on the Visage's power and doubly so if one lacks relevant training and is thus forced to rely on the "spiritual muscle memory" of the Visage.
    • If allowed to influence the wearer's actions, the Visage will foster arrogance and paranoia in equal measure; especially compromised wearers will begin to view everyone either as tools to be expended or threats to their power. Self-destructive delusions are common.
  • The Visage is imprinted with some of its creator's experience, affording even untrained wearers certain options at the risk of accelerated corruption and intensifying influence. This includes basic force abilities (sense, jump, telekinesis, etc.), as well as Sith Sorcery, Mind Control, Force Speed, and various abilities pertaining to creating illusions, inflicting fear, and generally being a nuisance. It does not grant any ability with lightsabers nor, more importantly, the wisdom to use its power well and experience to know when something is about to go wrong.
STRENGTHS
  • Power Overwhelming: The Visage of Kozzic bestows upon its wearer some of the power of a Sith Lord at his peak, sufficient to more or less make a non-Sensitive individual the equivalent of a mid-tier Knight or elevate a Knight to the level of a Lord. Experience not included.
  • Enduring Legacy: Annoyingly resilient, whatever alchemical alterations were done to the bone from which the Visage was formed has made it more or less invulnerable to most forms of destruction; it does not actually do all that much to preserve the wearer, however.
WEAKNESSES
  • Diminishing Returns: The Visage raises the weak far above their previous station, though stronger individuals will notice lesser gains...
  • What Was, Will Be: ... and the more power one draws from the Visage, the more the maddening whispers that is all that is left of its creator will slither their way into the wearer's conscious and subconscious mind, attempting to transform them into a rough simulacrum of Kozzic.
  • Corruptive Power: As is to be expected, drawing on the foul power of the Visage can bring with it all the side effects.
  • The Easy Road: Neither wisdom nor experience is granted by the Visage, only the raw power craved by the foolish.
  • Force-Null: The Visage is utterly useless when one's ability to tap into the Force is disrupted or compromised.
  • The Light: The Visage's abilities can be disrupted by Force Light; with effort, it can even destroy the relic.
DESCRIPTION
"Professor" Cadde's Expedition, Day 1
:
We found various artefacts within the Sith tomb, but before we could escape the entrance sealed behind us. Karking Sith and their death traps. Wian assures me we have airflow, at least, so it's not truly dire just yet. He'll be excavating an alternate path with the droids, Crint and Ershen are too busy oogling the treasure. Karking manchildren, it's not like any of us can run off with anything until we have an opening.

Force, that mask gives off some seriously bad vibes, I don't get what they see in it.

"Professor" Cadde's Expedition, Day 2:

Progress is slow but steady, supplies should last. One of the droids broke down, but Ershen fixed it while he wasn't obsessing about the treasure. Claims that damn mask disappeared while he was away - good riddance, I say. Crint has been behaving strangely, better keep an eye on him.

"Professor" Cadde's Expedition, Day 3:
Wian is dead. Skull beaten in by a motherfething wrench. Ashla protect us. Both Crint and Ershen are losing their minds and I swear the latter's done something with the droids, they aren't digging anymore. I don't know if I can-

"Professor" Cadde's Expedition, Unknown:
It was Crint. CrintCrintCrint. I should have known, that dirty dirty rat. No matter. None. Nope. The others were conspiring with him, we did what we had to do. We are together again now. Crint was unworthy, but we are not. The droids took care of him, but they couldn't take me. Nope.

The Visage loves me, it didn't love him. It loves me it loves me it loves me. The droids are at us strangely. Could they be traitors too?

Acquisitions Team "Skulltakers", After Action Report:
Instructed by Control to reestablish contact with lost contractors, turned out to be trapped in a Sith tomb. Breached the nearby cliff-face to minimise damage to historically significant locations, as per standard operating protocol. The tomb raiders appeared to have been working on an exit of their own. Agent Thross located a body and several destroyed droids, soon after making contact with the sole survivor - the Rodian Ershen Trasar.

Trasar seized control of Thross through some manner of telepathy but left enough free will for her to activate her self-tranquillisation implants. Agent Vinalt and I responded with lethal force, as per standard operating protocol. The mask appeared unharmed by particle blaster fire, though the same could not be said for Trasar himself, who was only formally identified through genetic analysis, though we knew him to be the only Rodian.

Trasar is not believed to have been Force Sensitive, our current hypothesis is that the mask was the cause. It was field-designated a Class-6 Mystical Hazard and contained accordingly, I recommend dispatching a full cleanup team to scour the ruins. Preferably someone expendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom