Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Essence of Vitae

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Beverage
  • Method of Consumption: Orally or Injected
  • Average Life: Once drunk or injected Essence of Vitae immediately begins restoring the user's health to peak physical condition, alleviating many common ailments or conditions and reversing the slow but steady decline of ageing. This process can take anything from minutes to days, but the Essence of Vitae never stays in ones' system forever - new doses will inevitably be needed to continue to stave off old age.
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/Purpose: Essence of Vitae's primary purpose is to extend a healthy existence near-perpetually by more or less directly infusing users with ethically sourced (probably) life force. Side effects are more likely for larger doses; semi-regular use of smaller doses to delay the detrimental effects of ageing is very unlikely to cause complications, at least in the short term. Excessive use, especially to drastically reverse ageing, may result in but is not limited to heart failure, brain damage, and neurochemical imbalances. At the current stage, no data is available on the long-term viability of Essence of Vitae as a source of bio-indefinite mortality.
    • Overdosing on Essence of Vitae would be difficult, given its rarity and expense, but it could feasibly have all manner of strange and interesting side effects, at the discretion of the writer. Potential factors include quantity/quality of Essence and preexisting conditions.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Essence of Vitae delays or reverses ageing using space magic, there might be some telomeres involved, I don't know. I could come up with a pseudoscientific explanation, but this is a freeform board based on a science fantasy setting - use your imaginations, people.
  • Essence of Vitae usually comes in small ampules, around two hundred can fit in a briefcase. Ten should last around a year.
STRENGTHS
  • Potion of Youth: Essence of Vitae prevents or reverses outright the detrimental effects of ageing, theoretically allowing users to perpetuate their existence forevermore, assuming a steady supply of Essence and a lack of external threats. (Actual immortality is statically impossible.)
WEAKNESSES
  • Flawed Eternity: Essence of Vitae extends life near-indefinitely, but not perfectly - users can still be killed by disease, violence, or accidents.
  • Ex Nihilo Nihil: Nothing comes from nothing, least of all life; the need to harvest life bottlenecks the production of Essence of Vitae.
  • Dependence: Essence of Vitae only delays the inevitable; further doses are always needed to perpetuate youthful health.
DESCRIPTION
Life everlasting, the final goal of many an egomaniac - in theory Essence of Vitae, distilled life force bound and processed in order to revitalise the body, served as a relatively accessible (i.e., requiring both significant wealth and connections) source of that vaunted goal. In practice, such a claim falls apart under any degree of scrutiny, for those who take it are in no way shape or form blasterproof or immune to disease.

How exactly the substance is made is rarely made clear to the customer, but it is implied to be some sort of exceptionally advanced medicine.

In actuality, the substance is more mystical than pharmaceutical in nature. It can be created through complex ritualistic sacrifice, though Greystone rarely if ever employ such brutish practices. Instead, the organisation funds several large hospitals, providing those who come to them for care the very best attention money can buy - and absorbing the leftover life force of those they are unable to save, for even in loss there is opportunity.

Kal Kal

Quick question before I get elbow deep.

As this is considered a Chemical of a sorts, would I be correct in assuming that the more often you need to take of this, or the more drastic change required, means more is needed to achieve the same effect?

For an example, a drug of morphine is used on a patient, but further doses require more morphine to produce the same pain killing result as the body itself becomes resilient to it's effect.

Reactions: Kal
Vora Kaar Vora Kaar

Potentially. We're hardly talking about conventional pharmaceuticals, so the results may be a bit unusual, especially long-term or when the user takes excessively large doses, either to reverse outright the ageing process or in a display of remarkably poor judgement.

Ideally, I would prefer to leave it to the user - especially long-term. I tried to keep its viability for achieving biological immortality sufficiently vague, given that it's unlikely to ever come up in actual RP. It's a new product and Chaos' time really doesn't pass that quickly.​

Considering this is just a "Reason" as to why there would be Dark Lords who look like twinks or have perfect makeup every moment of the day, and never show wrinkles, it would make sense, and there are canon ways people may have done this in this past.

Either way, as much as I would be against the idea of a "Potential" immortality potion, this is vague enough that it could be just another source, or just some Snake Oil at the end of the day.

Approved.

Kal Kal

• Love
Reactions: Kal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom