Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship ZuBrian-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
7ef1b26eebe5c96d2cf3f43e6254c6e3.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To provide the Zweihander Union a production line of capable Star Destroyers.
  • Image Source: (x)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Have Gun Will Travel (x)
  • Affiliation: Zweihander Union (x)
  • Model: N/A
  • Production: Minor
  • Material:
    Duralloy (Hull Plating): (x)
    Transparisteel (Viewports): (x)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Assault Destroyer
  • Length: 1,800 Meters
  • Width: 600 Meters
  • Height: 280 Meters
  • Armament: Extreme
    30x Dual Heavy Barrel Turbolasers (15 on each side, 145 degree angle)
    40x Quad Light Barrel Turbolasers (20 on each side, 145 degree angle)
    20x Dual Heavy Ion Cannons (10 on each side, 145 degree angle)
    15x Dual Heavy Barrel Turbolasers (Front, 45 degree angle)
    10x Heavy Ion Cannons (Front, 45 degree angle)
    60x Point Defense Lasers (30 on each side, 180 degree angle)
    4x Proton Rocket Launchers (10 shots each) (Front, 45 degree angle) (x)
    6x Tractor Beams
    3x Heavy Tractor Beams
  • Defenses: High
    Ion Shield: (x)
    Micropoles: (x)
  • Hangar Space: Very High: 12
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 9 squadrons
    • Support Craft: 3 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Hyperdrive Class: Fast: 1
STANDARD FEATURES

Sensors:
ANs-9.5w Wide Range Sensor System (x)
Siep-Irol Passive Sensor Antenna (x) (Under communication systems. Basic passive sensor, hard to find the actual page)
Sienar Fleet Systems Active Sensor Pulse Generator (x)
Fabritect ANq-51 Sesnor Array Computer (x)
Fabritech ANy-20 Active Sensor Transceiver (x)
Photoreducing Sensor: (x)
Stellar Navigation Sensors (x)
Electromagnetic Discharge Filter (x)

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

3K40 Targeting System: Used generally on military bases, the software allowed multiple weapons to convert onto various targets or concentrate fire on a single target. This is to help supplement the 840.z Holo-Targeting Suite when ordered to converge all weapons on one enemy point. (x)
840.z Holo-Targeting Suite: In conjunction with the targeting computer, the 840.z Holo-Targeting Suite allowed improved accuracy for gunners on the ZuBrian-class. This was a necessary upgrade as the targeting computer itself was strained from the large amount of weapons systems, the 840.z allowing it to balance out the strain. (x)
Hyperdrive Signal Interceptor: The Hyperdrive Signal Interceptor detects flucations in the local area though not of its destination nor the type of ship. This sensor is used for the purposes of intercepting or patrolling heavily guarded sections of space. Also used to prevent being ambushed via hyperspace, giving some notice for stations to be at the ready. (x)
Ion Shield: When the Deflector Shields fail, the Ion Shield system will come online to stop Ionic damage for a small period of time. This can prevent the ZuBrian from being disabled from a barrage of ion batteries for a short period of time. (x)
Micropoles: Mainly used to make sure all points were defended via the deflector and ion shield generators, leaving no area uncovered in the defense shield. (x)

STRENGTHS
  • The Star Destroyer that Leads: It has extreme firepower, a great compliment of starfighters along with decent defenses. It will can lead the fight easily and give most star destroyers a bit of trouble and can easily destroy smaller ships that are not well defended. The ZuBrian is to be feared for all the right reasons.
  • Scramble All Fighters!: The Hangerbays on the inside sides can all open at once and can easily deploy all starfighters at once along with support craft if needed.
WEAKNESSES
  • Exposed Back Dedicated Reactor Core Section: The hanging section on the back is the main reactor core. Destroying it will effectively shut down the entire ZuBrian in one fell swoop.
  • Exposed Bridge Section: It is obvious as a sore thumb with a giant HIT ME sign for good measure. While heavily defended, it can be easily destroyed if not careful.
  • Exposed Rear Back: Flying underneath the reactor area and going near the engines is a blind spot. It will require fighter support to defend it from enemy fighters and corvettes.
  • Exposed Interior When Hangerbays Open: It exposes nearly the entire interior of that section of the ZuBrian when releasing fighters. One good salvo of shots can decimate that section of the star destroyer.
  • No Defense between the Fins: If one was to fly between the sections where the Hanger Bays are, where it opens in the middle, one would notice there is no weaponry there to defend it. One can fly between it and not be targeted by the Zubrians firepower though it does not include starfighter support.
  • We Can't Turn Captain!: This thing is not only slow, but the worst thing to turn on the battlefield. It can be easily flanked if not careful.
DESCRIPTION
How does a ship that needs a large amount of starfighters, the biggest amount of firepower possibly seen in a star destroyer class and the classic look of the First Order all have in common? This ship, the ZuBrian-class Star Destroyer. It was designed by Haon Hafey as a consulting project which he noted in the plans was "Ridiclous" in concept yet it became quickly into a testing run within a month, shocking to himself and others by the amount of manpower given to get this project up and running. When he requested a material, it was to him in a few hours, everything he required was there in great considerable time and the amount of things given to destroy his foes were even better. Credits were pouring in and it was time to make it a magnum opus of a long production run he envisioned.

He took out old Ion Shields from blueprints and applied it, wanting to make sure all flaws were covered as much as possible. Given the reputation of the Venerator, he made sure to place the hanger bays inward instead of outward to prevent them from being destroyed so easily. Another key factor was the Micropoles being added to fix any exposed sections around the ZuBrians empty shield sections. With an updated 3K40 Targeting Computer and 840.z Holo-Targeting Suite, it was all coming together rather quickly. However as time went on, more things were demanded and it was this simple phrase. MORE! They wanted more and more, he added a Hyperdrive Signal Interceptor to discover when ships could be entering the area.

MORE! He added the hanger bays sections after sections, putting more squadrons in proper places. MORE! Haon added in an entire quick deploy system, making it like a swarm of insects trying to defend its home. MORE! Turbolasers were added in, heavy ones. MORE! Proton Rockets were added in, some of the most dangerous armament that can exist against capital ships. MORE! Haon Hafey kept adding more and more weapon systems to the point it was almost a weapons platform into itself, the ZuBrian now starting to slow down from the amount of weaponry but what was worse, it needed a dedicated reactor core to keep the whole thing running.

That was its major weakness, an entire section built and dedicated to running one of the largest reactors ever made for a Star Destroyer class. Running on pure fuel and fission, it could produce the amount of power to fire all weapons at once continuously for several minutes before even needing a recharge period. The downside was that it was easy to find and can be exposed, a considerable trade off for allowing one of the strongest Star Destroyers to come to life. Another issue arose after installing the large hanger bay doors was that no weaponry could be put on them, meaning the entire inside outer section of the ship was exposed for starfighters to hide between. It could be worse but with the bridge exposed and the light metals used for the hanger bays, it already had enough weak spots that all starfighter pilots working on board were to told how to defend the ZuBrian in key areas when bombers approach.

Naturally when the test was conducted, they went a tad overboard on the first target and destroyed the proxy star destroyer on the first salvo. Not satisfied, it was taken to a nearby pirate outpost recently discovered for a true test run. With Haon complaining, the entire ZuBrian with its compliment of starfighters decimated the entire asteroid base within minutes along with supporting corvettes with almost minimal damage. Satisfied, it was given the green light for production, seeing that it would even out the fights and give pirates a reason to keep their sensors on at night. As for Haon, he wondered what he possibly unleashed upon the galaxy...and how he can improve upon it.

Last edited:
Haon Hafey Haon Hafey

Digging the art and concept - a hybrid between a Hammerhead-class and a Venator is pretty sick. However, your ratings are definitely skewed and could use just a tad of balancing before I can stamp this approved. I'll provide two possible options that I will 100% accept, OR you could think of a solid compromise for this to get passed through.
  • Drop the Armament rating to -> Very High
  • Drop both Maneuverability AND Speed to -> Very Low
I used our balance chart for this and passing an 'overpowered' ship of the line for a minor faction doesn't sit right with me. Work with me and together we can make sure the Zweihander Union gets a capable Star Destroyer without seeming a tad unbalanced. Please @me when you are done with the adjustments. Thanks!

Avo Avo

There is one tiny problem that arose when doing so. Reducing the Maneuvering AND Speed meant going down by two ratings. That also included adding yet another obvious weakness to the mix of many other weaknesses that should constitute this closely as a boss fight on any Rogue Squadron video game or simply for the Mario Brothers for its obvious HIT ME HERE signs.

In total, that reduced it down to THREE RATINGS. I know however that you wanted it to keep it balanced but in fairness, it should be easy to just fight in roleplay context. I may however at this point make a limited model for later or semi-unique for just fun fights for others when the time comes.

Regardless, I still have at least one rating that was not accounted for due to the new weakness. I decided to at least up the hyperdrive rating to 1 to just have the ample omph effect of it showing up. It may be very slow crawl wise but it does not need to be so slow that once someone strikes a space station, they can easily get away from it.

Regardless, you can now re-review. Criticize and I will listen.

Haon Hafey Haon Hafey

You know what? You're right. This is why we have proper discourse here in the Factory, and I was doing submissions at 4AM while sleep deprived.

I re-ran the math in the ship calculator and took another look at Zubrian Star Destroyer and I totally see where you are coming from. The math comes out as this thing being fairly overpowered but is definitely curbed by the fact that you have 6 reasonable, actionable weaknesses.

While I definitely am satisfied with seeing this have Very Low maneuverability and speed, I'll allow you to revert both of those back to just Low. Your submissions are always pretty fair and I'm keen on keeping your track record for that clean.

So with that, please make your final adjustments (if any) and I will stamp this approved.

Avo Avo

I actually gave it more thought. You were right about one thing...I do like to keep this thing damn well fair no matter what. So in the essencse of keeping things in the real world while also giving it more reason to the wording: The Ship That Leads, I decided to do the following:

Speed Reverted to Low
Hyperdrive remains at 1
Weakness Changed to We Can't Turn it Captain!

I believe I am still one rating low but I am fine with that. Anything I bump up or down will give some cause or issue. Star Destroyers were never known, even those from the movies that represent this style, never been known to turn if at all. Generally we see them bonk into each other on accident or get flanked into oblivion. So I decided to keep in that tradition and keep the maneuverability to very low. However I will argue for the hyperdrive still since it is now more of a reason why it leads the fight for it is the one that generally leads the pack. It should be able to keep up.

Regardless, I do appreciate the butting of heads, even if it happened for you at 4 AM while mine was more of "I wish I slept more" after working near constant. If I thought of it more, the weakness would come to mind and probably should not have happened to this submission.

Time for re-review. Criticize and I shall listen!

Reactions: Avo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom