Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Annual Eshan Baazar

(Quick phone post not to hold vendors up ((on vacation))

Noelle nodded at August, a flickering spark of relief loosening her shoulders as her daughters cries were soothed by a juice pack.

“Thank you,” she told the creature. She stepped back and allowed it the space to walk with them in the crowd.

Noelle drifted back at the next stall and let August take the lead. She turned to Asri instead, while her hands full, and helped her open the snacks and juggle the load.

“Perhaps I need two of you,” she joked dryly.

@Augut Oreno Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Ria the Cat Ria the Cat

Last edited:

eac29e625b5a888d83d3405597f811f3.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Winter outfit | Necklace | Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble BB-610 BB-610 Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

As the Nobles approached, not only Cora managed to spot them, but Scampi did as well. Vera giggled when she heard him chirp and quickly turned to Bee to show off the wooden ox toy, "Scary man gave it to me!" she explained from on top of her father's shoulders.

Valery smiled faintly but set aside any lingering thoughts to focus on family and friends instead. Bee explained he was here to give the droids they reacued on Wayland a new home, and that really made her smile. "That's really nice of you, Bee. I hope they'll be happy wherever they end up."

Valery then turned to Cora again and looked at what she was making. "Oh and-"

"Is your boyfriend here too, Cora?" Vera asked with a big and very innocent grin.

Valery snickered and looked at her Padawan, expecting her face to turn into a tomato all over again. Vera always meant well, but she was relentless in her teasing.

"Daddy?" She then asked. "Can I ask Cora to draw you if she wants to?" She knew it probably cost credits to do this, so she wanted to make sure her dad approved her plans.

Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin | Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha | Matsu Ike Matsu Ike | Ria the Cat Ria the Cat

"Thank you." Nodding to Matsu for her welcome before blinking a bit in surprise at the shopkeeper.

Sor-Jan seemed awfully young to be fronting this shop himself. He glanced around, trying not to be too obvious about it, to see if the young kid had any parents in reach. This didn't seem to be the case. Unless Matsu was the parent, of course. But the woman seemed more Jedi than parent unless August was entirely mistaken.

"Hello, nice shop you have here." Inclining his head to the child. It seemed a bit silly, but he didn't want to offend the kid. "We were wondering about getting a small companion droid for our child."

He gestured towards the fussy kid currently occupied with a juice box.

"Perhaps then we won't need a second nanny, hm?" He teased Noelle there before looking back to Sor-Jan. "Should be safe, of course. Protective. And fun, so it keeps the little thunderball occupied."

"Hello, nice shop you have here." Inclining his head to the child. It seemed a bit silly, but he didn't want to offend the kid. "We were wondering about getting a small companion droid for our child."

He gestured towards the fussy kid currently occupied with a juice box.

"Perhaps then we won't need a second nanny, hm?" He teased Noelle there before looking back to Sor-Jan. "Should be safe, of course. Protective. And fun, so it keeps the little thunderball occupied."

The tow-headed boy just blinked.

That was actually a market sector he had... absolutely nothing in. "I know AccuTronics makes some things like you're describing, but you're making me realize that the only things I make in that market are either droid parts or battle droids," the young Anzat commented, as he looked down in thought.

A companion droid... companion droid...

OZ3VSHn.gif

Glancing up, the boy wasn't sure why he hadn't thought of Matsu Ike Matsu Ike sooner. She was right there after all.

Gesturing over toward the short Atrisian, the boy offered, "The lady over there runs a company called Sasori Research. They make a bunch of droids. She may have more of what you're looking for."

Then, looking back over at August Oreno August Oreno added the absolutely obligatory, "Just make sure you speak loudly. She's even older than she looks."

"Ah-"

Initially startled at Scampi's brazen exploration of Mt. Cora, the Padawan stilled while the seabird nibbled at her ear and tugged at her hair. At last, she giggled when the porg settled at the top of her head.

"Oh, how perfectly charming!" Came the gushed response to Bee's explanation of the little plant droids. A tentative hand reached out to the nearest Viridis unit, intent on running a finger gently along the flower bulb at its back if her touch was welcome. "If you're unable to find homes for these little ones by the end of the event, I'd love to adopt one." A pause, then a light smile to the gardening bot. "If this little one would like to come home with me, of course."

The Padawan winced briefly as Scampi took fight from her head, reaching up to smooth her messed hair with both hands.

"Is your boyfriend here too, Cora?" Vera asked with a big and very innocent grin.

Cora's face paled, then it flooded with heat. In an instant, she was transported back to a particular lunch where Valery had invited Makko, and Vera outed their relationship. She still wasn't sure if that was intentional or not, but Vera had a knack for asking embarrassing questions.

Swallowing thickly, Cora forced an awkward smile and an apologetic tone.

"I'm afraid that he couldn't make it today."

Fortunately, Vera's interest shifted to something that flustered Cora far less; her art.

"I'd be happy to draw you whatever you'd like, Vera." The blonde's smile melted into something more genuine, then her gaze shifted to Kahlil. "With the friends and family discount, of course."

BB-610 BB-610 Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

eac29e625b5a888d83d3405597f811f3.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Winter outfit | Necklace | Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania BB-610 BB-610

"Awwe, maybe next time! He's nice," Vera said with a big nod, having either not picked up on Cora's awkwardness, or intentionally chosen to ignore it. The Padawan was like a big sister to her, so all she cared about was her happiness, and Makko seemed to always make her feel better.

Maybe next time, she could make sure to bring Makko with her too.

But then it was time to request a drawing, and with her father's blessing, she hopped down and giggled. "I know what I want!" she said before looking at her mother for a moment. "Can you draw daddy for me?" she asked at first, her tone sweet and innocent but there was a fiery sparkle in her eyes as well.

"But give him laser eyes!" She flailed her arms up and down to make the destruction it could cause more convincing. "Oh and he can breathe fire too!"

Valery blinked and began to smile sheepishly in Cora's direction, "Oh my, those shows you've been letting her watch really helped her imagination huh?" she asked Kahlil while she bumped into him. Totally wasn't because of mom/daughter time on the weekends. Nope.

August expertly hid his disappointment when Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha mentioned he had nothing of the sort.

It would not do to upset the child.

Even if the child seemed quite well-spoken for someone his age. Then again. The same could have been said about him. When you were a nobleborn you didn't get a lot of time to be a child. You had to be all things at all times without stop. Double counted for a child that wasn't wanted. Instead he smiled and nodded.

"Of course, nothing to fret about, I am sure we can figure something out." The smile beaming over his shoulder to Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin . Hopefully she wouldn't be too disappointed either.

She really did enjoy supporting these vendors every year.

Then however the boy managed to pull a magical trick out of his sleeve. Figuratively speaking anyway. He was about to thanks Sor-Jan and address the woman next to him. But then he made the joke about her age. This made his eyes widen just a fraction and August quickly looked back to the boy before glancing to Matsu Ike Matsu Ike .

"You are quite a wily boy, aren't you?" Bemused as August inclined his head towards the Jedi. "Master Jedi, I have heard of Sasori Research. They seem to be involved in just about anything. Would you have something in mind for our child?"

A gesture towards the fussy child intensely focused on the juice box.

"Something that can keep their attention, keep them safe and perhaps grow up with them."

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
"What was that? Whippersnapper you need to speak up and not hog all of the pudding." She said it looking down at the boy master who was older then she was... possibly ddirt too but well carbon dating the dirt to get an accurate measure would take time. She looked at the man August Oreno August Oreno who indicated the child with the juice box and she moved with a look on her face of interest. MOst to see what might be best for the child and. "We do have something that caan do that. our biot droids can age with you, aare loyal companions and can be tailored as needed. We made Sor-jan's babysitter models his shareholders insisted on so he can't just disappear into holostation for months on end... again."

She said it and was looking at the children but brought her hands out. "Now I have two things... Flavored Milks and Sweet Pints. Which one would you like to have and you can tell me what kind of friend you would like?" The jedi master was there and one of the biots stood off to the side. "We also of course Gift Wrap free of charge."

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Eshan |
| TAG:
Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble |
| SELLING: FAE/CRP.01 "Viridis" Gardening Droid [x2] | PG-series Utility Droid [x6] |

BB-610 tilted his head, observing the wooden toy presented before him. He knew not of its purpose, scrutinizing every last inch of the ox, nor why anybody would make these little trinkets, but Vera seemed happy to have it, which was all the justification BB-610 needed. Not wanting to sour her mood with a flood of questions regarding the point of toys, the droid simply nodded in approval, bweeping affirmatively. Vera wasn't the only one excited with her gift, however, as Scampi's attention swiftly dragged itself down to the toy, eyes honed in on it before the porg scaled down the young Noble's head, perching on her wrist as he lowered his upper half, curiously sniffing along the edges of the wooden ox. Before long, he'd tried to nibble it, teething urges compelling him to try his luck at sharpening his teeth against one of its corners.

"Is your boyfriend here too, Cora?"

The astromech brought his gaze back to Cora, intrigued, and then back to Vera after the prior's fluster, and then back to Cora, and then back to Vera. BB-610 was thoroughly out of the loop, but he determined that it wasn't his place to pry and ask for personal details, so BB-610 simply pretended not to have heard anything as he turned back to one of the Viridis units while the others discussed their painting. It glanced up at the astromech, giving a quiet droning as it asked him if Cora would make for a good Master. BB-610 mused on a response, before finally replying with an eager nod, chirping happily. He'd never even wanted a single credit for the selling of these droids - simply the reassurance that they would be going to a good home with a respectful family. BB-610 knew Cora well enough to have formed a pleasant judge of her character, and the idea of letting her adopt one of his new friends filled him with the confidence he needed to know they'd be well-treated.

While excited, the Viridis unit was nonetheless slightly anxious for another big change in its life. Noting that nervousness, BB-610 tweeted and clicked, telling it that Cora was a very kind person and that she would take very good care of it. After a few seconds of contemplation, the droid nodded, prompting the astromech to perk up with excitement, turning his head to face the Padawan to sing a string of overjoyed binary as he gleefully told her that the droid would love to stay with her.

GADividerBlue.png

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

He watched the exchange between the two with amusement.

Clearly they were used to one another.

Still, it was a bit strange, while the kid looked like... well. A kid. They way they interacted? Both of them felt like they had known each other for a lifetime at the very least. Not that this was August's business. He blinked when Matsu offered him another juice box. He looked at one and then the other, before gently shrugging.

"Either sounds delightful, Master Jedi, I trust in your wisdom." Then a grin, clearly teasing. "The kid can have the milk, I will have the sweet pint." Saying that August suspected Noelle would take it off his hands in short order however.

But that was the way of married life.

Instead he walked over to the biot droid and watched it curiously.

"Huh, this looks really fancy. And you say it can grow along with the kid? So it is... organic then?" Crouching down and looking at it more closely. "I do admit this doesn't look like any droid I know." But Sasori was a galactic mega-corporation. Led by a Jedi, yes, which was a bit strange but not stranger than most things happening in the Galaxy these days.

"And it is safe? Safety is paramount, nothing can happen to the child, you understand."

He wasn't trying to insult Ike, but as a father August didn't take any chances.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha August Oreno August Oreno

SHe looked at him and smiled. "For safety specifications our latest is the Hydra Class Combat Biot which protects and will grow. Unlike vong bioengineering our biots are not a dozen creatures shaped together but a single being grown yes but living in all of the ways. they just also happen to have metals in their bones." She said it and the hydra was maybe not the model being looked for but it was the latest example of what they could develop... a protective biot for a child well it would need to be friendly but also best practice to help. "Safety is always important and we developed the Personal Assistance Biot closer to it... though I don't recommend them for children... a less dutiful model."

She said it and a combination of the babysitter unit for sor-jan or zak and the personal assistance could be beneficial. "We can make a newer model of the devotion circuit in the Jade Class nanny droids." SHe was bringing up the specifications for the different models and well combining them just right was half the fun. "And I would never give your child anything less then what I would want for my own... and not because their mother has access to a fleet of hapan battle dragons." She said it and Sor-Jan might laugh... Hanna loved making food and chasing Matsu across the galaxy for her to eat so. "I'll just need as many specifics for it and if there is a look you want it to have?"

and not because their mother has access to a fleet of hapan battle dragons."

Noelle's attention flicked to the vendor, a delayed smile twitching along the corner of her lips. She had forgotten about those.

"Here, I'll take her," she murmured to Asri, lifting Arianne into her arms and brushing by August Oreno August Oreno "I'll be just over there." Her low tone carried to him as she slipped away, soothing subtle struggles with some fresh sights and stalls. "There, see, moving again." She held the juice box to the toddlers lips and came across Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran 's stall of herbs and amulets. The subtle tug of the force around them made her slow.

She studied them with quiet curiosity, then glanced up at the vendor. "You made these?" She concluded.

BB-610 BB-610 Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Cora smiled pleasantly and closed her ears to the binary conversation, giving BB-610 and the Viridis unit some space while busying herself with organizing pencils instead. When the little garden droid addressed her directly in a string of happy binary, her smile widened into a grin.

"How wonderful! Tell me, would you be amenable to growing tea leaves? It is certainly no trouble if you'd rather not."

Vera's request was…imaginative. And quite a tall order for the novice artist. Nevertheless, Cora threw herself into the challenge with gusto and unearned confidence.

"Hold still," She demanded of Khalil, sketch pencil moving a mile a minute as she looked rapidly from her pad of paper and back to her subject. "I don't suppose that you could start breathing fire and using laser eyes here?"

It wasn't a joke. Cora's task would've been far easier if he could do that.

Nevertheless, she persisted.

"Almost…"

Without taking her eyes from the drawing, she reached into her pencil case and retrieved a red colored pencil. With two quick swipes, her most ambitious masterpiece was done.

"Ta-daa!" She announced, turning the sketch pad around so that the family could see what was presumably Khalil immortalized on paper and graphite.

cvJiYVP.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom