Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Annual Eshan Baazar

~ w. mind that can see into time ~

"Oh, sure. I'll keep an eye out for ones that," she glanced past the royal pair to their child with a smile, "that can take a beating." Though most rocks were not immune to anthropogenic erosion, some were definitely more resistant than others. For instance, no selenite or gypsum.

Asori plucked up a business card from the counter, flipped it over, and put it down on the table closer to her. She picked up a nearby pen and started writing.

"I'll put you in contact with the carver too. One A'teekya Malikr. She and her tribe need the support more than me."

She handed the paper to August.

On the front, he'd find that she was a geologic contractor more than a rock saleswoman.

Then, she told him her price.

August Oreno Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin

The Cat Knows Where It's At
The IG-88 acknowledged Aoki-Barran Mira Aoki-Barran Mira and gave the order to his friend the IG-11. Whilst the food was prepared and cooked, the feline allowed the Miralan to pet it. Of course, this was only part of the plan, as the cat could not afford to allow its droids to leave the stall. Once it had its share of pets, the cat moved toward the Miralan and readied itself. Studying the trajectory needed to jump onto the person's shoulders, the cat took a few steps back. Then shifted its weight between its paws, and leaned as far back as it could before making the attempt to land on the Miralan's shoulder.

Cooked and packaged in an eco-friendly container, having accepted the currency necessary to pay for the meal. The droid in its even and plain tone, gratefully stated, "thank you for your patronage." Seafood Noodle Soup and Steamed Shrimp Dumplings.

Amani Serys Amani Serys Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Azula slowed down as she approached the seamstress. She had heard the sound of the machine from a distance. In part she was curious to see someone at their craft, but she also needed a dress made for a heist she had planned.

The Togruta woman came to a sudden abrupt halt as she saw the profile of the mirialan talking to the stall owner. She recognised the voice too.

The last time she had seen Amani, Azula had been pretending to be a Jedi Master in the Silver Order.

It was a long story. Azula had actually been a Jedi Master who had tracked down the rogue jedi he had taught her. Her teacher and Azula had died in the fight. The identity of the Jedi had been stolen and she had fled her past.

But her past had caught up to her. She was still using the name Azula, but Jedi Master Azula had vanished from the silver jedi. Now she was stood two feet behind a former padawan, dressed in spacer clothes.

Azula took a slow step back to try and escape before she was seen.

"Master Sor-Jan. Master Ike. Uh. Hello."

The boy glanced back at the man, as though asking himself for a second time if he knew him.

Recognition was not coming to mind.

"He was at the Temple party!" Vera then chimed in.

Temple party? "Coruscant," the boy recalled at last, glancing back over at the woman. She'd been the one that Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor had pointed out to him.

So they were Jedi. That explained why they'd recognize Matsu Ike Matsu Ike but Sor-Jan was surprised at being recognized himself. As a Jedi, he'd always favored the Outer Rim, having thrown his lot in with the Levantine Sanctum and come to the Order of the Silver Jedi during the merger that had been known as the Silver Sanctum Coalition. He'd hardly expect that someone with a connection to the Alliance would know him -- other than as the face of one of Corellia's largest tech conglomerates.

"Just Sor-Jan," the boy corrected the man lightly. "I'm no one's master."

"...well, except for maybe that intern in marketing."

He really should learn that kid's name at some point.

"I'll let you browse for a bit. Excuse me," the boy remarked, sliding away for a moment to tend to another customer.

"One of those, please."
"Of course," the tow-headed boy answered, pulling out a HoloLink SE that had been loaded with an app for processing credit transactions. Writing up a receipt, he passed the device over to the woman to finalize the transaction.

"Did you want just the standard band?" Sor-Jan asked, producing a small case of different styles and color bands. "I have several options if you want to customize yours. Also, let me know if you need any help connecting it to your HoloNet apps. If you're interested in Holoflix or HikHok, I can help you set up an account as well."

It was only then that the boy realized that Matsu had stepped away. A glance over toward the Sasori booth revealed that the Atrisian was dealing with a customer of her own.

Perhaps they could go in a joint venture on Eshan. Or perhaps even look at options for a presence in a shopping mall. One of Matsu's clothing boutiques and a Corellia Digital Store. That might be a good way to establish brand presence...

Returning to where the Jedi family was, the boy checked in to see how they were doing. They were still browsing. That was a good sign.

"I was hoping to get a bracelet with an integrated holo-projector. Something to store photos in. Do you happen to have anything like that?"

"I don't have a bracelet, no. I do have two wristlinks that have integrated holoprojectors and can display or play a variety of media," Sor-Jan replied, rummaging around the stall until he came up with a box for a HoloLink and a slightly larger one for the XJ9.

Taking out the HoloLink, the boy switched it on as he modeled and demonstrated it. "Both of these use our mobile O/S and have a holo-interactive interface, HoloNet, and subspace radio ready," he explained. Setting it aside, he held up the cuff-like XJ9. "Our XJ9 is more of a datapad. The side slides out along the forearm to supply a larger screen and touchpad. The XJ9 also has a built-in sonic hold-out weapon -- a hold-over from the original design. The Silver Jedi used these during the conflict with the Mandalorians in the latter part of the 840s."

If the man knew that Sor-Jan was a Jedi master, then it stood to reason he might also know that Sor-Jan was a Jedi Technician.

Small wonder when the boy left the Order, he found his calling running a tech company.

"But if you're looking for something more minimalistic, come back to me if you're not able to find it at the bazaar and I can probably design exactly what you want."

Last edited:
Amani probably had access to the same royal tailors who made her husband’s clothes, Thelma realized. Yet she was asking a Padawan for a new outfit. Well, that was certainly flattering.

“Miri?” Thelma’s brow furrowed. “Oh yeah, she’s the one who always asks for her stuff to be purple.” A bit eccentric, but otherwise she had pretty good taste.

Backless white dress… "If you want, sure." It wasn't really Thelma's job to decide for people what they should or shouldn't wear; she wasn't a personal stylist. She liked to make people happy, even if sometimes that meant making things that she found tacky or ugly. Thankfully Amani's request was something she could get behind. Picking up her datapad, she pulled up a holopic of a dress. “Something like this?” she asked. “Or… how about this?” The former would likely suit Amani's figure more—halter necklines were good for making smaller busts look bigger—while the latter was probably what Miri had been thinking of when she made the suggestion.

She noticed the Togruta woman who had approached the booth, but before she could say anything the woman started to walk away, like she had changed her mind. Oh well.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Jadcasa Leesib Jadcasa Leesib

She looked at her and offered a neutral expression not commenting but offered her hand. "Depending on the needs that your sister might have. We have the new Materia which allows sections to be augmented as needed on the fly with programmable matter. We have for needs like scouting or connecting to other computers the advanced model Seeker Drones that can be helpful and connected to the Kirano Interface which provides advanced environmental mapping, AI protection and access to dozens of databases across the galaxy." She said it and held up the small interface tool which was more like an earring as opposed to a heavy visor. "The standard Survival Kit also has something for any situation including several Shuheng with a grounbd vehicle and runabout." THe packs compartments with the molecular compression devices on display from the screens. "It also has several weapons, self replenishing rations and water, sustainable power source and a powerblade for fighting heavily armored opponents or attackers as it cuts beskar."

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Well Jade Selma was practically beside herself. All these goodies were on sale for her? She smiled again, or did her smile grow wider? She was unsure, but either way, the woman must've known she was less than an evil entity. She nodded and motioned to the table.

"Well I did just file my taxes. I'm sure my sis would love all that. She did mention something about being nervous she might get hit by a lightsaber. Anything for that?"

Jade cocked her head to the side. Inside, Jadcasa was rubbing both palms and licking her lips. So much specialized gear was a boon, especially in her field duties.

"I bet she'd like all o' that. Matter of fact here ya go."

From a hidden pouch, she produced a platinum piece, with enough weight to cover the whole purchase and give the Jedi a hefty tip to boot.

Suddenly Jade Selma took a lil country turn.

"I reckon that'll cover it no?"

Last edited:
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Jadcasa Leesib Jadcasa Leesib

"Not quite but it is what you have. I have personally always preferred what one can give." She said it and offered a bow of her head there was plenty that they would be able to do with the equipment if she wanted it but she set it all up and at the ready to be used. "I always have more that can be used. We have been developing improved fabrication technologies and the first industrial Levenring duplicators have been developed for making intact fighters." She smirked as they had been working on more and then there was their Krampus which was... well ideal for any number of things as she brought up the screen showing the testing of the Kaydryn as well as the Kalantas. "We have made larger strides in other aspects as well."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Just Sor-Jan,"

"Ah. Right."

Kahlil chuckled a little. Alright, no master. He squeezed Valery's hand in turn though, more just listening to the conversation curiously. Oh. That's right. So this is where he went?

"It's not really jewelry, but it does look nice. Maybe we could get something like this and use it in something else?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

“Oh yeah, she’s the one who always asks for her stuff to be purple.”

"That sounds about right."

Amani was admittedly never much of a fashion genius herself—Jedi robes being the extent of her clothing options for about half her life—But the concept wasn't particularly complex, and Thelma already seems to have some options in store. She leaned in for a closer looks at each image, studying the first one carefully, but quickly finding the second one to her tastes, "Oooh, that. That looks nice, I think. Right?" She asked, hoping for additional input.

Amani spared a glance behind her, sensing another individual. They're back and just turned to her, but there was something indecipherably familiar about them all the same, "Excuse me? Do I know you?" She spoke up, then looked back to Thelma, unaware if the Togruta had actually heard her, "Sorry, thought I... recognized that person."

eac29e625b5a888d83d3405597f811f3.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Winter outfit | Necklace | Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Valery's gaze was drawn up to Kahlil when he squeezed her hand as well, and she just smiled. Vera noticed her mother looking, and waved at her with a grin, which in turn brightened Valery's smile even more. Nothing felt better than being able to spend time with her family like this, carefree and happy.

Turning back to Sor-jan, Valery listened to his offer and dipped her head. "We could do that," she then told Kahlil. "But maybe he's able to help. We'd just have to wait and pick it up sometime after this bazaar." She then turned back to the boy, and offered a warm smile.

"My idea was a piece of jewelry — a simple enough bracelet with a projector built into it. Something that won't get in the way if he's working or training, but something that allows him to bring along pictures." Of course, that meant pictures of her, of Vera, and all three of them together.

For those moments out there in the Galaxy that really challenged him the most.

"My idea was a piece of jewelry — a simple enough bracelet with a projector built into it. Something that won't get in the way if he's working or training, but something that allows him to bring along pictures."

The boy rubbed his chin absently.

This looked like a job for... napkin math!

Tossing his HoloLink SE down on the counter top, the boy called up a blank canvas of sorts. He pulled up the specs for a miniaturized holoprojector, but moved that icon off to the side for the time being. Instead, he made a swirling motion that called forth a roughly spherical shape, which he then refined into more of a thin bracelet.

"What did you have in mind for the band?" the young Corellian mused aloud, as he started sorting through the various available texture overlays. "Metal? Duraplas? Oh, what's about..."

Sorting through his materials folder, the tow-headed Anzat finally came up with something that made the projected draft appear both metallic and composed of stained glass.

"B'sant," Sor-Jan supplied, glancing up at the Jedi couple.

This was sort of his thing and what he liked doing.

The boy seemed to muse over the idea, even as he put it forth. The stained glass quality was quite artistic, but she'd said 'he.' If it was a gift for the gentlemen then it might come across as too feminine.

Maybe he'd make it later and gift it to Noriko Ike Noriko Ike , mostly just for the challenge of working with b'sant and to see if he could actually pull it off.

"Or if you wanted something more masculine, we could use link-steel or even a solid color flexiplast."

He paused there to look up and see what the reaction was.

"Oooh, that. That looks nice, I think. Right?"

Thelma nodded in agreement. There was elegance in simplicity, but the first dress was perhaps a little too simple for royalty. Besides, she liked more complicated dresses with lots of flowing fabric. It would be more of a challenge to create, too.

“White satin…” Thelma turned around to pick out the fabric, not noticing the moment of recognition that passed between Amani and the Togruta. She picked out a bolt of the softest, smoothest satin she could find, then faced Amani again. “Anything else?”

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

"Well I thank ya, but I got no use for space fleets n such."

And it was true, she didn't. She took her leave with a little bow and made her way over to the sound of a sewing machine singing upon the breeze. She watched, Thelma Goth Thelma Goth ply her trade, needle flying over the cloth smooth as silk. She was good, real good. Jade Selmy approached, wearing her customary smile, blonde locks fluttering in the eddies that swept the dust from the ground.

Thelma was busy with another patron, so Jade held back.

"Whenever you are free, dear, I got a request."

"I have several options if you want to customize yours. Also, let me know if you need any help connecting it to your HoloNet apps. If you're interested in Holoflix or HikHok, I can help you set up an account as well."

“The purple one.” Everything she owned was purple, after all. Her nose wrinkled slightly at the mention of Holoflix and HikHok. “No thanks.”

She walked away with her new smart watch, removing it from the box and clasping it around her wrist. “What do you think, girls?”

The twins offered no comment. Kyla was asleep, while Lara was smacking her lips with hunger.

“Right. Time to feed you.”

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

While she had a decent sense of fashion, she wasn't exactly the type to make these types of items herself. So as he began to go through various options for materials, she just blinked and relied entirely on his detailing of them. The B'sant did seem interesting, but she agreed that something more masculine would work better.

She liked it when he looked cool.

"The link-steel seems perfect, and I did have a design idea," Valery said before she offered him an image of a rather simple-looking design, but one she felt would be perfect for something like this. Jewelry to stand out too much was never their thing, so why not keep it simple but still have it add something cool to his appearance?

"All that needs to be added is a micro holo-projector, and it'd be just perfect." She paused and looked at Kahlil to see if he approved as well. She could be a needy wife sometimes, but he was the one who'd be wearing it.

"But uhm, would it be possible for us to return later to pick it up? Or schedule a day for it?" It'd take some time to make, after all, and she didn't want to hang around in one spot all day. The bazaar wasn't going to be here forever, and Vera had spotted someone she really wanted to go say hi to.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania could never escape the littlest Noble.

"What do you think, love? Should we go and see Cora? I thought I saw her drawing or painting some portraits too. I'm curious to see what she made."

Link-steel.

A good, practical choice.

And she already had a design in mind. "Oh, that's clutch," the boy remarked. That would save him a couple of hours just coming up with concepts for the band.

Taking her concept art and applying to the 3D model, the tow-headed Anzat soon had an image of a finished project, to include the holoprojector.

But what kind of Jedi Technician would he be if he stopped there? "Anything else? Since I'm doing the work myself, I could do Alkahest or a Jal Shey enhancement."

At least, he thought he could. He hadn't actually done them in at least the last fifteen or so years. Probably longer than that, given the last time he'd used either technique had been when he'd been building lightsabers for Micah Talith Micah Talith 's Jedi Academy sect known as the Covenant.

"Heck, a Light-Shield operates on the same engineering principles. I could probably modify the holoprojector to supply one!"

Yes, this was exactly how he'd been as a Jedi Knight.

She saw a charm bracelet with a holoprojector in it. Sor-Jan saw a Force Imbued light-shield for viewing family photos while (not) getting your ass kicked!

...could the light-shield even be a projection of family photos?

Imagine having a duel with Darth Monologue, where you're interrupting the obligatory planet-destroying speech by talking him through photos of your family reunion.

"I might have everything I need on my ship. But just to be safe, why don't I deliver to Coruscant for you?"

Eshan
div-orange.png
Tag:
Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Valery smiled very brightly.

The fact he not only worked to make them something unique but also offered his own suggestions was very much appreciated. However, she did have something regarding the use of the Force. "I'd prefer for it to just remain a simple bracelet with the projector integrated into it," Valery said, her eyes shifting briefly to her husband, and already, a faint blush began to form.

"I plan to imbue it with the Force myself, so it's more personal between us. I... have something in mind for it." Still, she offered Sor-Jan a very appreciative smile for the suggestion.

On the topic of its delivery though, she definitely agreed. "Oh if you could bring or ship it to Coruscant, that would be lovely. Feel free to take your time, though. Focus on the bazaar and others wanting to check out your stall here. Our bracelet can definitely wait until it's all wrapped up here." She chuckled, then offered up their address on Coruscant. Whether he wanted to ship it there or make a personal delivery was up to him, but it was definitely the easier option.

Then, if all was wrapped up, she turned to her family and reached for Kahlil's hand again to interlace fingers. "Let's go see Cora, hm? And uh, I hope you like the bracelet design."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil raised a brow. Something personal with it, huh? He watched Valery for a moment before grinning. Glancing up to Vera who was still in his arms.

"Seems mama is really into it, huh?"

"Mmhmm! It's really pretty! What she does to it will be really helpful."

And like that the brow raised further. He glanced again to Valery, before chuckling. Turning his head to Sor-jan next to dip in his own thanks. Whatever Valery was planning with it all, now he was curious. All kinds of curious, really. But first, Cora. He hoisted Vera a bit more comfortably on his shoulders.

"To Cora, then."

"Yaay! Cora! Is her boyfriend here too?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom