Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Annual Eshan Baazar

Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin | Asori Soto Asori Soto

Head tilted there as Noelle mentioned feeling her mother.

"Which one?" Bemused question there. Didn't matter if it was Jacobs or Varanin - both were equally terrifying in their own right. One was the Empress of a Thousand Worlds, a veritable conqueror that had shattered thrones and sliced new empires into existence. The other one was a Force progeny that apparently could make whole crowds go crazy with just her mind.

Thankfully there hadn't been a family dinner yet.

How do you even chat with people like that?

Oh, have you... conquered any planets with just your mind lately?

"Mhm, beautiful." Echoing his wife as August accepted the card and put it away after glancing at it. "Ah, that seems a fair price." The money exchanged hands and August nodded to Soto in thanks. "I will be in touch, the kid would love-"

Head tilts there as August broke mid-sentence and glanced over his shoulder. "Noelle, dear." Then pointed towards the empty crib. The child had managed to climb out of it somehow. Already making its way into the crowd. "What did you say about no wanderlust?" Bemused at Noelle before setting after the kid in a hurry.

b1cc5158b53e0aa159c78e07692abfc5.jpg

Wearing: White Jedi Robes
Open to Interactions!

The nice thing about no longer being responsible for administering an inter-system confederation of trillions was...all the free time!

In the post war years of the successful campaigns against Bryn'adul and the dissolution of the Silver Jedi Concord, the former Grandmaster had spent her years in semi-retirement focusing on raising her children and reconnecting with her Echani heritage. When she had completed her consulting work in the Core, she and her husband had moved their family back out to the Five Sisters to live among his clan. Now most days tended to revolve around teaching the odd Jedi class in the Silver Hands, and tending to her gardens. The cooler climates of Eshan proved quite a stimulating task for the horticulturalist, finding challenge in developing hardier strains of her specially cultivated flora to thrive on the new world.

She now presented the fruits of her labor at the annual Bazaar, the tables of her small stand packed with an assortment of live plants and prepared pouches of herbs and spices. Most of her offerings were purely cosmetic - like the moon flowers which represented the Echani's lunar affinity which made for quality perfumes - or for culinary purposes, like premium saffron and white truffles.

However, she did also offer some healing herbs, such as Ashla's Wort and Nysillin. She was happy to sell the herbs raw, or prepare them for customers in the forms of salves and teas.

Most of her offerings revolved around her plants, but a few keen eyed observers could spot the gleam of ornate tools and other trinkets. These items represented her other passion for crafting, tinkering with materials to imbue them with both useful and whimsical effects. A curious customer only need her to ask for a full demonstration.

Thus far, business had been brisk that morning, nearly earning enough to cover her operations for the following season. Anything that came now was profit, and the Jedi would donate the extra toward various local charities.

Between transactions, she sat back in a rocking chair sipping on warm jasmine tea, enjoying the crowds making their way through the bazaar.
Children ran past, laughing and playing as they explored the various stalls. Vendors shouted out their wares, trying to entice shoppers to stop by their stands. The air was filled with the aroma of local street food, and the sounds of haggling can be heard from all directions. There were Duros tourists from the Core, marveling at the variety of finely crafted Echani armor and weaponry on display. A group of locals gathered around a street performer - a fire dancer by trade - who entertained the crowd with acrobatics and flaming blades whirled so fast they appeared as streaks of light around the masked woman.

Eshan had once been a world of the Concord, but the Echani was happy to see the former war torn system continue to flourish in its newfound independence.

((The items offered are just fluff for story purposes, but if anyone has specific requests then I'd be more than happy to create a formal sub. I'm good with those things and would like the practice!))

Last edited:
Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

That sweet backwater tongue rolled the word off with a drawl.

"Hopin' ya can make a suit to these specifications. Birthday present for my sister."

Jade Selmy handed her a small but sloppily drawn sketch of the day-to-day suit Jadcasa the Auditor wore. The dimensions however were quite correct. She motioned to the newly obtained hypermembrane bolt she was carrying, then set it down for the lady to work with.

"Excellent machine, by the way, is that Blipz 7000?"

Noelle sighed as she watched toddler, nanny and father scatter into the crowd.

"Excuse us," she murmured to Asori Soto Asori Soto , grabbing the edge of her skirt and following after. Noelle came to the sight of Asri hefting a balling child onto her hip, an apologetic grimace marring the woman's face. Noelle shook her head in subtle reassurance.

This wasn't the woman's fault. The cries only grew in intensity.

"Perhaps it's time for something to eat." Noelle commented quickly, coming upon Ria the Cat Ria the Cat 's stall of stews and snacks. "Perfect." Her ears warmed as she tried to make a selection during the chaotic mix of screams and cries. Surely everyone was looking.

She glanced to the cat, then the numerous offerings again, a subtle sense of desperation in her eyes. "I-," she trailed.

August Oreno August Oreno

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Noah puttered around the bazaar, a leather satchel slung over his right shoulder as his left arm and shoulder were in a sling to prevent him from disturbing the wounded arm any further. The wounds themself were rather minor, a hairline fracture of his tibia and a dislocation of his shoulder, however having a sister and brother-in-law that were doctors meant that Noah was often forced to lighten his load so to speak when wounded like this and it was with these doctors orders in mind that he traveled to Eshan to attended the famed annual baazar.

The satchel he carried was already almost overflowing with various curios and gifts for his family. Some books for his older children and spouses and a few things that could be considered toys for his younger children. Now his time in the bazaar was mostly consumed by wandering the trading posts and stalls to see anything that might pop out to him.

"Hopin' ya can make a suit to these specifications. Birthday present for my sister."

Thelma stared at the sloppy sketch and the bolt of strange fabric the woman presented to her. The latter looked like it had come from another one of the vendors' stalls, probably Matsu Ike Matsu Ike judging by the look of it. "Uh... What style of suit is this?" she asked, pointing to the sketch. Thelma honestly couldn't tell what she was looking at. "Or if you don't know, you could find a picture on the Holonet of something similar..."

"Excellent machine, by the way, is that Blipz 7000?"

"No," Thelma replied. "It's an antique Singer. Do you sew?"

The Cat Knows Where It's At
While the cat had allowed Aoki-Barran Mira Aoki-Barran Mira to pet it, and the faithful droids had delivered to them a warm and delicious meal. There was a new person who arrived, and this person bore a familiar aura to two of the cat's favorite humans. Spencer and Ashin Varanin and so the cat was eager to study this Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin closely. A soft mew emerged from the orange-and-white furred feline, before another and this time the four-legged creature sat on its haunches and tilted its head. This was definitely not her former master, but dare the cat say... the resemblance was certainly striking.

This called for an up-close-and-personal inspection, so without hesitation, the cat leaped onto the Echani's shoulder. Another meow, this one slightly louder as the cat pawed gently at the Echani's hair. "You are not quite my master." Whispered the feline in what would appear to others as a flurry of mews and meows. "You are familiar all the same, tell me, are you of Varanin?" If this was so, then there was about to be a free meal on the house plus an additional request. The cat needed to see the bazaar, explore...

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Ah business for the moment was concluded and they were moving on as the jedi master observed firedancers drawing her attention and she left one of thje biots in charge to monitor and aid in sales as needed. THey had plenty that could be shown while she was coming over to look at Sor-Jan who was doing just as much. "This has been quite enjoyable I must say... though do wonder if there are anythings here... I know NOriko spends all of your credits my friend so I will treat you this time... unless Hanna comes then you are on your own.... Hapan domme Mommy takes priority over business friend and non master jedi masters."

For all the training Noelle had had on the psyche, she still blinked when the cat's voice brushed across her.

"Yes," she answered briskly, her shoulders tense under the foreign weight. Noelle's icy exterior was a contrast to her twin and the mother this cat would know well. It was hard for her to place this creature amongst the chaotic dim of her crying child. It gritted against her attention, fight or flight bells ringing deep inside her.

Some would call that a material instinct. Noelle felt it was a distraction.

"Do I know you?--Oh," she gasped softly. How long had it been since she was a child on these streets? 10? 15 years since her home had been whole and her mother had sat on the throne.

Memories tinted with the haze of childhood flickered by her-- laughter and the pattering of bare feet, running across the throne room mid meeting. And there-- a glimpse of a feline face by the queen's legs as the two interrupting children ran away with naughty glee. Yes, Noelle had seen her before.

"Are you the vendor here?" And still, the pressing need to sooth her daughter's terrorist demands.

Food. Food now.

August Oreno August Oreno Ria the Cat Ria the Cat

Last edited:
The cat's tail swished in delight, "yes."

Leaping down onto the stall's counter the cat seemingly rushed toward the IG-88. Another round of noises, meows, mews, and so forth, the droid replied sincerely and acknowledged his mistress's orders. The IG-11 only responded in a series of coded beeps, tones indicating their surprise and lack of understanding. Thankfully the 88 seemed to sort it all out for 11. The 88 remarked toward Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin , "master has indicated that you are to be given what you would like for free."

"We welcome your selection. An honor to have you here at our stall."

The feline's attention fixated on the Echani, "when you leave I shall go with you. I have yet to see the bazaar in its entirety and am eager to see who has arrived."

August Oreno August Oreno

Ria the Cat Ria the Cat | Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin

The toddler was secured, but the toddler was also irrationally angry about the prison break being thwarted.

August had his hands full on that one.

But he didn't miss Noelle's tension. It had something to do with the cute cat. Luckily August's sensitivity in the Force didn't mean he could read minds or anything like that. Just a sense of unease. He booped the toddler's nose to offer a distraction, but it only served for it to grab him by the finger and tug at it insistently.

"The kid's really hungry, hun, or maybe it wants to order our execution for preventing its escape plan." Either way, he ordered a nice little meal from the stall, but frowned a little at the vendor for saying it was free. "I appreciate that, but that's really unnecessary. The one thing we are not lacking for is our wallet to pull our weight." August wasn't sure if the droid would appreciate the humor, but regardless once the food was delivered he'd put some credit chits on the table.

"Consider it a donation for Echani's mercantile development. We appreciate all that you and yours are doing."

With one hand he handed the meal over to the nanny and with the other August touched Noelle's shoulder gently. "I saw a droid vendor a few stalls back. Maybe the little one could do with a cute droid?"

The bazaar was bustling, but he was sure he had seen Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha 's stall somewhere nearby.

"Oh, hello there Bee!" Cora greeted brightly as the astromech went about setting up his table. "And hello to you too, Scampi." She giggled, shifting the sketchpad in her lap so that she could offer a hand to the porg. If she'd receive the sniff of approval, Cora would run her fingers down the seabird's flank.

Inspired, she took up her pencil and sketch paper once more.

The Padawan beamed at Bee's complement, peeking out from behind the pad. "Why, thank you! I've not found much time to study art, but I do enjoy it so."

She'd never shown any particular talent for the field, so she'd been discouraged by father from pursuing drawing for more suitable activities.

Curiosity piqued, she craned her neck to peer closer at Bee's setup. Adopt a droid? How interesting!

"Goodness, look at these fellows! How lovely of you to find them homes. Tell me, what do they do? Does this one have a little garden on its back? Oh, how charming!"

Cora leaned over, cooing at the little gardening droids, fascinated by the flora sprouting from them.

As the Noble family filtered through the crowd, Scampi would be the first to notice and signal their arrival with a series of chirps. Cora's attention followed soon after, gaze honing in on her Master and family.

"Bee, look who it is!"

BB-610 BB-610 Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

eac29e625b5a888d83d3405597f811f3.png

Eshan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Winter outfit | Necklace | Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania BB-610 BB-610

Even though it seemed as if she was focused on wrapping up her conversation with Sor-Jan, Valery picked up on the conversation between her daughter and husband. Vera already seemed to know of her plans, but luckily, she didn't tell her dad too much. She knew how curious he was, so wanted to tease him a little and make him wait for it.

For now, they were going to see Cora and Bee.

"Yaay! Cora! Is her boyfriend here too?"

Valery snickered, "I don't think so, sweetie. But maybe next time. I do believe I see Bee over there, though!" She grinned, and that excited Vera even more. Two of her best friends were there!

Once they made their way over, Scampi welcomed them with a series of chirps, and Cora quickly spotted them too. "Hey you two," she said, smiling brightly at both Cora and Bee. "We figured we'd come to take a look at what you two have set up here." Her gaze shifted to Kahlil and she gently hip-bumped into him.

"We've been shopping."

"I got a new toy!" Vera exclaimed.

Last edited:
The droid in fact did not get the joke.

The felinoid took it upon herself to remind the droids to tend to the stall as she darted out following the Echani. A soft moment, a touch, a whispered meow as the orange-and-white bodied creature answered Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin quite simply, "yes." She'd have to manage to find a shoulder that was unoccupied or see about this droid dealer for herself. Perhaps another of the IG line, they had thus far proved quite useful. Moving as fast as four paws could carry her, the cat managed to make its way toward the aforementioned droid vendor.

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha | August Oreno August Oreno

"I would hope after all these years that Hanna Ike Hanna Ike would have better things to do with her time than hang out with you," the Anzat quipped in reply to the short Atrisian woman.

"Besides, I don't think I've seen her in..." the boy began, trailing off as he found himself unable to think of just when it would have been. Voss? Before he'd departed for the Kathol Outback? Could it have been that long?

Surely not and he was just forgetting something more recent. "...a long time," the boy mused finally.

Shifting his attention from Matsu Ike Matsu Ike , the tow-headed boy looked up as it seemed some more people were approaching the stall.

"Hello there," the young Anzat greeted the couple.

...and was that a cat?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha Ria the Cat Ria the Cat August Oreno August Oreno Noelle Varanin Noelle Varanin

She looked at him and his quick joke but. "Ah but lucky for me... we are married so she has to hang out with me. It is totally a rule or law that is not being made up right now." SHe raised an eyebrow and the first time and likely last time they had met had been a distress signal though she had come to Kashyyyk a couple of times so they might have crossed paths there again... Hanna liked cooking so easier and really they didn't make it a public thing... she knew many jedi masters and others who made sure their private affairs were always front and center.. a former padawan almost bringing it up in every sentence even if it had nothing to do with what they were talking about. She looked at the newcomers and bowed her head. "Welcome."

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Eshan |
| TAG:
Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble |
| SELLING: FAE/CRP.01 "Viridis" Gardening Droid [x2] | PG-series Utility Droid [x6] |

Scampi blinked, eyes drawn to the hand brought before him, prompting him to crouch and sniff with the tilts of his head. Wings outstretched, the porg stood still as to allow slender digits to glide down his spine, earning a satisfied coo. Enticed into a good mood, Scampi climbed up onto the offered hand, webbed feet settling on Cora's wrist before pitter-pattering up the Padawan's arm and perching on her shoulder. A rite of passage, Cora gets the Scampi Treatment™: small teeth nibbling at the lobe and top of her ear, only to gently tug at locks of blonde hair, matting them subtly as the seabird nibbled and pulled. Once growing bored, Scampi scaled the side of Cora's head, opting to stand guard atop her crown.

BB-610 took a passing glance down to his fellow droids, and the particular attention the Viridis units got them perking up, optics focused on the Padawan as they marveled with deep yet affectionate binary. The astromech nodded, bweeping and chirping as he explained to her that he and Valery had found a group of Master-less droids in one of their missions, and that he promised them he'd find them homes. With that promise fulfilled for all but these remaining Viridis and PG units, BB-610 had wanted to take advantage of the annual bazaar in an attempt to find them the caring owners they wanted. There was no profit to be made - he'd be willing to sell them for free.

One of the Viridis units turned to him, and a back-and-forth in droidspeak was exchanged, with BB-610 telling it that Cora was his Master's Padawan and a very good friend. Turning his attention back to her, the astromech replied with a selection of chirps and whistles as he told her that Viridis units were gardening droids, programmed to love and nurture their plants by bonding with them. Before he could continue, Scampi squawked, calling out for the approaching Nobles, redirecting BB-610's focus over to his family.

Chirping in greeting to the three, BB-610 soon told Valery that he was trying to sell the last of the droids they'd rescued on Wayland - something that his company remembered her for, with the two Viridis and array of PG units bweeping a 'hello' in unison. Spotting Vera, Scampi flapped his wings and fluttered over to her, resting along her shoulder as he peeked down in search for the mentioned toy. He was getting fast with word association, and if there was one thing he'd learnt from time living with the Nobles, it was that 'toy' often meant 'shiny'.

GADividerBlue.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom