Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Saotome Jade Class Nanny Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
O9wYpLU.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Self Repairing
  • Advanced Systems
STRENGTHS
  • Advanced Systems: Designed to be a highly advanced upgrade from the blade sisters the Cerberus is overly engineered to be deployed in combat zones and as an offensive and defensive weapons platform.
  • Laminanium: Designed like a Quellian ship the hull of the orbital platforms has a thin layer of the material to improve repairs and over time depending on the amount of damage it is able to patch itself up.
  • Devotion Circuits: Once assigned to a child or family to take care of the children. She wil protect them.. generaly past the point of Sanity as they are her charges
WEAKNESSES
  • Built in power source: Designed with its own internal power source that is long lasting but it is largely able to power the armor and systems of the vehicle but when damaged it is highly explosive.
  • Gravity: The advanced thrusters of the vehicle require gravity to function at full efficiency. Without it there can't counter gravity to get speed or thrust for the high speed movement.
  • Self Repairing: Built with a protective layer to patch the vehicle in the event of damage. The time table is dependent upon the amount of damage with smaller tears being easier and faster to repair then gashes which can take hours to reform.
    • Note: Only the layer can repair not the full plate armor itself the plating can be damaged still but the underlayer of Laminanium can reform and remain.
  • Sleg: A powerful energy enhancer, the sleg absorbs and channels the excessive heat generated by the operation of the droid. Making them maintain a stronger level of power but also increases the chances that they could explode from the heat.
DESCRIPTION
Designed as a fully armed and operational caretaker droid based on Nanna. The jade class is equipped to protect a child and nurture them while their parents are away. THe nanny droid is given the devotion circuits to properly protect and bond with the children it is charged with, a protective frame and outer plating with a nice face compared to the styled droids it was made off of. A compacted and streamlined Saotome Wardroid with a nanny droids body much like the modified YVH droid Nanna who protected jedi children.

In a combat scenario the droid is a fierce tank with a limited power source, outside of combat the power source can last and works to function in the duties of caretaking for children. A hipo mounted incineration unit for diapers is standard in the leg as is a small unit to hold bottles for babies and juice boxes for smaller children. WIth its devotion circuits it is a confidant of the child, protecting them from harm and keeping their secrets or helping them. With a danger of her overreacting and going after small incidents.

The Jade Class Nanny droid is also very difficult to make, requiring special order and programming, higher costs of barter or trade for it but it can serve as the ultimate protection for your little bundles of joy. With many more overhauls though the Jade class has been vastly improved upon... being able to be set up as a more streamlined source of infant protection as well as defending from dangerous threats. The padawans in the temple are also a priority to be protected by the droids.

Last edited:
Anaara Clandestine said:
Saotome P.L.O.T. Shields Light Version
The PLOT looks like it's specifically for vehicles, starships, and buildings. I'd recommend grabbing a personal or droid shield specifically for this subm. Some elements of the PLOTs won't likely be really applicable to this as well (such as relativistic shielding).

Anaara Clandestine said:
Weaknesses:

Most of these weaknesses are countered or contradicted in the strength's section. There should be at least one thing from a combat perspective that this isn't good at or is vulnerable to. I would almost say that the "Kinetic Impact" weakness fits that, but it's kind of restrictive to the exact types of kinetic damage dealt to fully balance this out.

Anaara Clandestine said:
Weak Internal Defenses: The droid brain is not reinforced, compared to many others it is more easily hackable to slicers who can get in close and access the ports on the droid

From a practical perspective, this looks to be close to impossible. The droid has four arms and a bunch of inbuilt weaponry. If anything gets close to it, I doubt that they'd have much of a chance to plug into that port, have enough time to do slicing, and live to tell the tale.

Anaara Clandestine said:
Power Consumption: Using its micro thrusters to boost around an area can consume the power for the shields and weapons. The more it is moving around the less time they can generally be used. OUtside of its caretaker protocols its power source is low but it can function and hand taking care of a child
I think this is a good concept, but it's a little too vague right now to be used as a weakness. It definitely is going to take a lot of power to fly, have shields, and fire weapons. I'd recommend mentioning something that of those abilities, only two of them can be used at a time. In other words, it can fly and shoot simultaneously, but not have shields. It could have shields and weapons activated, but not fly, and so forth.

Anaara Clandestine said:
Vulnerable: With the weave designed for it force wise the vulnerability of it breaking and being destroyed when attacked by a strong enough darkside attack is highly possible.
I think is going to broadly true about pretty much anything. If enough force or attacking power is mustered (whether it's a force power or a bunch of blackpowder rifles), something is going to break. I'd probably remove this from the list of weaknesses.

Anaara Clandestine said:
Required Force connection: With the synthmesh there is a required force connection to keep the effects and enhancement active. Like the stronger protection and aura against darksiders
I feel like this is more of a limitation of synthmesh's advantages than a practical weakness that can be exploited by an enemy. I think it works well for a fluff weakness though.

[member="Gir Quee"]

edited the weaknesses and it

The nanny droid is a walking tank that has high levels of protection from several sources including blasters, lightsabers and blades with kinetic impact and sonic being some of its biggest limitations
but kinetic and sonic were its main vulnerabilities. I added sonic to the weaknesses after removing vulnerable. WIth trying to make it specific about sonic vibrations would loosen at the joints. Kinetic impact is vulnerable per the mesh main weaknesses but it is strong against penetration so all of that impact can vibrate and crack the internal components

CHanged the shield to the multi spectral and removed the booster

Altered and worked to make sure mmain weaknesses are clear with the triangle style power you suggested and made it clear the droids maintenance switch is still around. Nanna had it and Ben tripped it all the time

Looks pretty solid now.

Anaara Clandestine said:
Multi-Spectral Shielding

I'm not sure about this. The production field for this submission states that it's supposed to be for "Only a select group of PCs". It also looks like it provides some notable resistance against kinetic attacks, which seems to run counter towards the weakness currently in the sub.

[member="Anaara Clandestine"]
Only one restricted material per submission. Force imbuement and wintrium are both separate restricted materials, choose either the force abilities or wintrium.

Keep in mind your company modification request was to add wintrium as the specialization, force imbuement is not permitted at semi-unique without a restricted material because of this.

[member="Nadja Keto"]

alright, removed the force enhanced benefits but kept the weknesses. the synthmesh has its strength from having been force enhanced material at the time and losing that would make it weaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom