Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules Update Age of Chaos - Annihilation

Jsc

Disney's Princess
...Just think it's something that should be considered at least.

f7e048c9afa4a133b1a7ea585e9ffa2a.gif

Ariel Yvarro

A
I'm honestly not a fan, I can see both sides of the argument. I'm happy for those who like this idea.

The work is neither gone, nor inaccessible. You are completely free to A: Ignore the annihilation thread, as you are free to ignore just about every aspect of the board/map game, and B: if that doesn't suit your tastes, you are free to RP before the annihilation, or write threads as if the planet wasn't Alderaan level destroyed in the aftermath. You are also free to RP your custom locations moving off-world in the annihilation thread, or before, or after. There are so many avenues to approach this that, if you don't want to pay any attention to it, you just simply don't have to.
That's a nice way of wording things, but are you suggesting that if this were to happen to someone that they just ignore the map and site history with the planet. to ignore the work of other writers since the regard wasn't given to what they did for their planet? I don't mean to sound abrasive or anything like that with this, I just see a lot of bad coming out of this rule implementation as it is written now.

This is a RP site; we should be working together to create the best stories all around while also being respectful toward those you directly influence, am I right? Since the predominant writer base of this site sticks to writing on canon locations, I just feel the same level of regard should be given to them as is given to custom planets. As it stands right now, why is it custom planets have to have permission but canon don't?

3. The attacking faction may determine the length of the thread if there is no defending faction; otherwise, both parties must agree.

Am I missing something or does this mean if its vs. a neutral hex an attacking faction can uh decide to run it for a day or two?

A Major faction can support that, absolutely. But a small group (less than 10 that can't even put up a minimum requirement) isn't going to be able to doing anything to defend everything they have put into a planet.

Then you have to ask the question: What did they do to the Major Faction whose blowing up a planet? Way I see it, as with most things on the map game, it's gonna be used by major factions as a tool for further activity, or as a potential cudgel against its enemies on either an IC or OOC level. So if your small group like that, than maybe don't piss off a major?

• Love
Reactions: Ryv
Is there a maximum length that the thread can be as well? Does it max out at the full 4 month period or is there actually no limits placed on the timeline either way?

cause that could be important depending on if theres no limit either way

3. The attacking faction may determine the length of the thread if there is no defending faction; otherwise, both parties must agree.

Am I missing something or does this mean if its vs. a neutral hex an attacking faction can uh decide to run it for a day or two?

Both has been altered to "all". Typo, thanks.

400 posts in two days would be dope, but they still have to get accepted by the Administrator. That's the funnel, the stop gap. Upon declaring victory, the victor has to push it to the Admin team, who can then quickly scan for any shenanigans and deem whether it's worthy or not for judgement.

I don't think we've ever had that happen, an Admin deny a thread for judgement, because nobody's silly enough to waste their entire faction's time for an obvious failure like that. But could 20 people stay up all night and write a quality story about destroying a planet?

Yes.

That's a nice way of wording things, but are you suggesting that if this were to happen to someone that they just ignore the map and site history with the planet. to ignore the work of other writers since the regard wasn't given to what they did for their planet?

It's not what I'm suggesting, it's what I'm confirming. That has always been the case with this site. Nowhere does it say you must RP in accordance with the map data. This is nothing new, and nothing born of Annihilation threads. Nowhere in your threads do you ever need to acknowledge when it takes place. The only time it 'matters' is when the map is involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom