Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules Update Age of Chaos - Annihilation

I'll be honest, I am not a fan of this change at all. While I appreciate a user-created planet requires the express permission of its creator to be targeted, I feel like this is something that no matter what should require the permission of the other side should there be a writer that predominantly spends time writing on and developing a planet. This of course needs to have evidence that someone has spent the time to write and develop a world.

An example of what I'm pointing to here would be Atrisia. Junko Ike Junko Ike has put so much into that both in and out of the Factory and Codex. But since it is a canon world, her permission isn't needed by the way the rules read. I feel like there should be a requirement that in cases like these, the primary writer-base of that world should be contact and permission requested. Luckily in this case, that word is part of a Major Faction's influence cloud and should have no problem getting assistance for a defense, but say the world is not a part of a Major Faction, they basically lose everything they put into a planet and there's nothing they can say or do about it. Just doesn't seem right at all to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Looks like the Galaxy is gonna be the victim of a few mining disasters

tumblr_onv5vu94ic1tu6tfso5_r1_400.gifv

#consequences
I understand this is the price you pay to be on the map, but just doesn't seem write to basically say "You know all that work and development you put into that world you like to write on? Oh well, it's all gone now." Not a good look or feel in my opinion, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees it this way. Just think it's something that should be considered at least

I understand this is the price you pay to be on the map, but just doesn't seem write to basically say "You know all that work and development you put into that world you like to write on? Oh well, it's all gone now." Not a good look or feel in my opinion, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees it this way. Just think it's something that should be considered at least

Well use that. Leverage that into your story. Write about how you're evacuating that city you've worked so hard to develop. How you're character is having to evacuate their possessions from their private mansion. How that huge army base will be the centre piece of a great battle. And if it gets blown up? Well that's that then. You lost the game. But you gave your stuff a good send off.

The work is neither gone, nor inaccessible. You are completely free to A: Ignore the annihilation thread, as you are free to ignore just about every aspect of the board/map game, and B: if that doesn't suit your tastes, you are free to RP before the annihilation, or write threads as if the planet wasn't Alderaan level destroyed in the aftermath. You are also free to RP your custom locations moving off-world in the annihilation thread, or before, or after. There are so many avenues to approach this that, if you don't want to pay any attention to it, you just simply don't have to.

Well use that. Leverage that into your story. Write about how you're evacuating that city you've worked so hard to develop. How you're character is having to evacuate their possessions from their private mansion. How that huge army base will be the centre piece of a great battle. And if it gets blown up? Well that's that then. You lost the game. But you gave your stuff a good send off.

A Major faction can support that, absolutely. But a small group (less than 10 that can't even put up a minimum requirement) isn't going to be able to doing anything to defend everything they have put into a planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom