Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Springtime Prom (SJO/Allies)

"You think I wanted to be here?" he asked in a whisper of his own as she drew close. That was the whole point, wasn't it? He was a Knight Commander reformed from the dregs of Mandalorian society. He was proof of the Confederacy's supremacy, and of their ability to even domesticate the greatest of their own adversaries. The Exarchs, even his own Brother had probably counted on his face being vividly well known, and it took [member="Naedira Darcrath"] running her mouth to make his anxiety that much worse.

If he had not already been in a foul mood, he certainly was now. But he could not express that or verbalize it in any meaningful way. "I'm sure neither of us did, but here we are, so let's do this in the least painful way possible for both of us. You don't ask me to dance, I don't threaten you with physical harm, we both get what we want-"

He pulled away from her after she suggested following her lead again, and his smile almost looked real, like a real Corellian grin. "We can get out of here," he said just loud enough that someone might overhear, and might even misinterpret for something else.

They waded through a minefield of dancing bodies, and Alkor dutifully navigated toward the far side of the room. "If you want to talk to someone else- or even dance with them-feel free, we're obligated to be here, but both of us don't need to be miserable."

Josh couldn't help but laugh when Coren and Celeste were declared Prom King and Queen. They were always the popular ones, it didn't surprise him one bit. But he was sure that Celeste's reaction was one to behold, oh if only he'd been nearby to see her face. Oh well. Josh could sense that Ra was perhaps a bit antsy about social occasions like this. It'd been mentioned she didn't exactly know many people around here. She was a quieter soul, he knew that, though he'd be there to support her if she ever wished to branch out.

[member="Riamah"] would note a few ideas she had of what they could do, and the blonde would turn to her with a gentle smile.

"Why don't you take your pick?" He suggested. He might be the person that people knew here, but to him, it was just him and Ra at the moment. And he wanted her to be happy and enjoy herself. So whatever she wanted to do first? He was game.

Celeste gave the GUIDE members a small wave, as if to say “catch you later.” Swallowing, she turned back to Coren with another shrug. “Honestly, I'm not sure. It must have been a vote?”

And if it was a vote, that meant that others had seen them together and actually voted for them.

Oh, goodness. The healer had not been expecting it, but it was a touch validating to know that she and [member="Coren Starchaser"] apparently made a cute couple, a royal couple. The stage and the limelight made Celeste feel like stone. Still, she reached back to take Coren's hand and brought him with her up onto the stage – if she had to go up there, so did he!

“Thank you,” Celeste said simply, offering a small nod.

A crown was being lowered, and she awkwardly attempted to avoid it – and bumped slightly into Coren's side. Nevertheless, the golden crowns were placed on their heads, and cloaks set about their shoulders – long enough for them to snap a holo-image, at least.

When it raines, it pours.
"I love you too, Ty," Sam smiled back tenderly with a squeeze of the Tarisian's hand to emphasize the shared feeling before he stepped to her side after their dance together ended. The Antarian Ranger had swept the Jedi Doctor off her feet in more ways ever since their time spent together on Spire. Tonight though... just seemed to be that much more special.

Samara's heart was now beating so loudly in her chest from all the joy she was experiencing that the Liann could hardly hear the announcement of who had been crowned the King and Queen of the Prom. It was not surprise though that [member="Coren Starchaser"] and [member="Celeste Rigel"] had been chosen. The Jedi General and the Chief Healer really did make a cute couple.

"Would you like to dance some more or get something else to drink? I think there's food being served as well... or we could perhaps go for a stroll in the gardens?"

[member="Tyrell Caphey"]​

There were a few familiar faces around and one of them was Coren. Ra gave half a smile when he declared prom king, but that was all. It seemed Josh was amused with the outcome and that half smile turned into a whole one as she looked at him. It was nice to have the evening out and not have to worry about anything but having a good time.

"In my past, one could learn information around the bar or dinner table. I don't think I really need to worry about that here, do I?"

Letting out a bit of a sigh, it indicated she might be more out of place than she would like to admit. Making a decision though, she nodded in the direction of the drinks and hoped Josh would take the hint. It might help her open up a bit and be more at ease.

Toss her into a business meeting and she was fine. Throw her into some other sort of social event and she was like a lost child and didn't know how to react any longer.

"Let's get something to drink."

Giving him a bit of a smile mixed with a shrug, Ra had made her choice and hoped it was a good one.

"After that we can dance if you want. I don't think we have ever done that."

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"]

Isaiah Dashiell said:
Thankfully it seemed as if both his and Magda's ineptitude was overshadowed by the events actually taking place as well as the mercy of their hosts. He smiled weakly as the two were called away from them by the loudspeaker crowning them King and Queen.

"Congratulations," he called after them before looking at Mags.

"Mags. Please, have some class. Close your mouth." While it was probably impossible to see her expression through the helmet, he had a feeling that's what was happening. She was a little too easy to read, even without the waves in the Force.

"Let's go give that 'induction port' a test drive at the bar, eh? You look like you could use one." Before she could protest though he started dragging her through the crowd as they started moving towards the crowning deal going on.

[member="Magdalena Lethe"] [member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Coren Starchaser"]

Coren.

Starchaser.

Knows.

My.

Name.

There was no protesting, simply inelegant stumbling after him while her brain attempted to comprehend what just happened to them. A few mumblings of something as he lead the way through the crowd, making a pointed effort to avoid the dance floor. Not that Magda noticed.

When they finally made it, after Izzy had given his order and turned to Magda for her own, she finally blurted it out.

"COREN STARCHASER KNOWS MY NAME."

And promptly slapped her gloved hands over the speaker port of her visor.

Oh my FORCE did she really just say that out loud?

A slow whining peep followed as she contained the girlish squeal begging to be let loose.

"Wine." she managed finally, strained and high pitched, "Red wine. Dry. Really dry. Like Jedi humor dry."

[member="Isaiah Dashiell"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Celeste Rigel"]

In a way Jairdain was feeling like a teen again. With the news she wanted to tell Asaraa, being with Yuroic and in a familiar place, she was almost bursting with emotion and energy.

"I am hardly being a chaperone, Asaraa. He might have other ideas though."

She smiled as she spoke and tipped her head to indicate Yuroic when she mentioned him.

"We were young once too and when there's a will to escape, it'll happen."

Remembering their time together when she was their age, she had a slightly distant look on her face. Even then, she knew he would be the only man for her. Now that was becoming a reality and not just a dream or vision.

"I want to tell you something. Yuroic proposed to me and I accepted! Look!"

Holding up her free hand, that ring was on her finger and a huge smile was on her face.

"As for canoodling or something, well that'll happen at home."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Caedyn Arenais"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Yes, choices... Soon, [member="Kahne Porte"] and her would have to make some for the good of their family; where to call home, and how to raise their Force Sensitive twins going forward.

The next round of fireworks were even more big and bold. It was fun to watch the younglings playing one moment, then stopping too look up into the night sky in shock and awe the next. Children were so precious. Parents wanted to keep they safe, sometimes even at the sake of their personal development and independence. It was a fine balance between being too overprotective and letting them just do their own thing.

"Oh wow, that was truly the best so far!" Alex clapped in praise, then pushed up from the blanket where she was watching from.

"I think we should probably have the kids make their ice cream sundaes now so we can get them tucked in sooner than later, hmm?" the brunette grinned. "You still have to tell them a story as promised before lights out."

Ah the rewards of volunteering to chaperone the younglings.

Isaiah Dashiell

I
He couldn't face palm himself hard if he was a Basilisk. She wasn't even drunk yet, what was he going to do with her? Despite her incessant squealing he resisted the urge to plant his face into his own fist and instead ordered himself a drink as well.

"Port in a storm if you have it." The bartender looked him up and down, gave a grunt and a shrug.

"Not my fault if he dies," they said to Mags before rummaging underneath the bar. With another grunt of effort they pulled a large bottle up and over. With a sigh they first poured Mags' red wine and then, reluctantly, poured the opaque brown liquid into a whiskey glass.

"You know the rules, finish the bottle or you pay double." Port in a storm was a drink from the Outer Rim world of Pamarthe which was renowned for two things and two things only. Its pilots and its booze. He'd never had the opportunity to try it, mostly because most bars didn't carry it due to its absurd alcohol content and the expense of getting a real bottle of port in a storm off world. Izzy took a sniff and almost regretted it. He didn't know the rules, but apparently he had to drink the entire bottle. Luckily, after a tentative shake, he found the bottle was only half empty. With a smirk he tossed his drink counter onto the bar and downed his first glass in one go.

Mistakes were made.

It burned and tasted more like ozone smelled.

"I-" But it was already too late. The bartender folder their arms and gave a smirk back at the overconfident drinker.

[member="Magdalena Lethe"]

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Caedyn Arenais"] [member="Jairdain"]

Shaking his head, Yuroic brushed off her joke as he studied Asaraa sternly. Dad mode was activated and he was not pleased with her, what he considered inappropriate dress, especially compared to the rest of the female guests who were wearing long dresses. However, Jairdain spoke first and revealed their engagement, she was pleased and very happy, Yuroic felt hard to deny her the joy of the news. He was happy as well, he had loved Jairdain for the longest time and couldn't think of another person he would want to spend the rest of his life with. Pausing, Yuroic sipped his drink and looked at Caedyn then looked at Asaraa.

"Caedyn, you look very nice today. Asaraa, your dress is..." Yuroic paused as he tried to think of the right word to say. "Different. Certainly not the style of the other women here tonight." While he wanted to shout about it being too short and inappropriate, he could tell that Jairdain would just silence him and tell him off. He was being reserved but his face couldn't hide his annoyance at how short the dress was. If only she was under his roof, never would have gotten away with it. But she looked happy so that counted for something, he guessed.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Attire: Click Here.
Significant Other: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"].
Interacting With: [member="Jairdain"] & [member="Yuroic Xeraic"].
cae_breaker_by_kioxes-dc8yrxo.png
"Well when you say it like that, it just sounds devious..." Caedyn replied with a smirk to [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], about to comment further when Jair and Yuroic found the pair of them. Yuroic Xeraic's disapproving look as he studied Asaraa and her, in Caedyn's mind, stunning outfit for the evening wasn't difficult to miss at all.

"Sorry Master Xeraic" Caedyn replied, cutting in before Asaraa could hope to defend herself or respond, "I chose the dress for her tonight" he lied, though it was only out of hope that he could save Asaraa her father-figure's disapproval and likely lecture to follow. Truth be told, it did make his jaw drop every time he looked at her, but more to the point, Caedyn didn't mind taking the hit when his relationship with Yuroic was already uneasy thanks to the older man's protective nature. Between the two of them, Caedyn admired Yuroic for the kind of man that he was and the similarities they shared in their views. He knew there'd never be any real hostility between them both, and felt as though much of the man's comments towards Caedyn were done in jest, so the risk tonight was...-Perhaps pushing his luck, but doing so with Asaraa's benefit in mind.

Riamah said:
There were a few familiar faces around and one of them was Coren. Ra gave half a smile when he declared prom king, but that was all. It seemed Josh was amused with the outcome and that half smile turned into a whole one as she looked at him. It was nice to have the evening out and not have to worry about anything but having a good time.

"In my past, one could learn information around the bar or dinner table. I don't think I really need to worry about that here, do I?"

Letting out a bit of a sigh, it indicated she might be more out of place than she would like to admit. Making a decision though, she nodded in the direction of the drinks and hoped Josh would take the hint. It might help her open up a bit and be more at ease.

Toss her into a business meeting and she was fine. Throw her into some other sort of social event and she was like a lost child and didn't know how to react any longer.

"Let's get something to drink."

Giving him a bit of a smile mixed with a shrug, Ra had made her choice and hoped it was a good one.

"After that we can dance if you want. I don't think we have ever done that."

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"]
"Information? Darling, we're here to have a good time. I think you deserve one night like that" He spoke up, laughing a bit in turn. It was true, he felt like Ra didn't relax enough. Some beach time here and there, but not in the way of going out and just having a good time. But it was clear to him at least that Ra felt out of place. He couldn't blame her, really. Despite being a merchant, which did make it a bit weird, she seemed to be a bit unfamiliar with social gatherings. Or at least didn't have the same level of tact one would think she would have. Well, SJO did a lot of these. He supposed she'd learn, right?

"You're a merchant, you'll do fine" He teased then, sensing her anxiety. He tried to at least spur some level of confidence. How supportive would he be if he didn't? But he did like the idea of drinks and a dance.

"I'd like that. Lead the way, why don't you?"

Eenia Vahn said:
Dress: {xXx}
Hair: {xXx}
Tags: [member="Nicholas DragonsFlame"]

-----------------------------------------------

Going further into the room caused Eenia to squeeze his hand right back, but her attention was diverted around the room. She was taking in all of the sights, the decorations, the others who were dressed up and mulling about. The last sort of dance experience she had, had was nothing like this one. It had been much less formal, that was for sure. And before her thoughts could go any deeper over the matter, she forced them away and instead shift her focus to Nicholas.

She really wasn't sure how she should feel about this whole situation. He didn't look anymore comfortable here than she did, and that made her feel badly, though she did her best to hide it. And getting to the refreshments helped with that quite a bit, as it broke her focus.

"Tell you about me..." she hummed out thoughtfully once he had spoken up again. "Most things about me are pretty heavy in topic for something like a formal dance." she told him. "I suppose lighter things like I'm not an only child, I like the rain, and my favorite place to be is the beach are a good place to start." she was joking of course, since she knew those were pretty generic things to talk about - despite the fact that they were true. But she was right, everything about her was pretty dark, and she didn't particularly want to be a mood killer.
The announcement of who had won Prom King and Prom Queen was sudden and nearly spooked the former Sith Lord out of his boots. His grip on Eenia's hand tightened at that. He hadn't expected the booming intercom to come on and he had quite nearly struck out thinking he was being attacked right then and there. But no attack came. Just the winners of some kind of popularity contest. Gods, was this some kind of primary school? He knew of Coren. Very popular Jedi. If this was a popularity contest, he wasn't surprised he had won. He was the equivalent to their coolest kid in school. Even if he wasn't an active member of the Silver Jedi... He was pretty sure? He didn't know. He was curious if his power rivaled his brother's as people acted as though he did. Though with how they acted, this Coren was the strongest of them all. He heard little of his own brother's power, so either this Coren was really strong... Or he just liked to boast a lot.

But the latter's abilities he had felt. He knew that strength. And he also knew when someone was holding back. A source of frustration for Nick, who couldn't help feeling weak in knowing that despite being anointed Master, he had faced an opponent that had held back and would still have bested him if not for his sentiments. He would get him to show his abilities in full one day. Even if it killed him.

His mind snapping back to the prom, Nick looked to Eenia who still looked fairly uncomfortable. But she at least seemed to know how to answer the question asked. It wasn't in detail, but it was a start.

"Are you skilled with a blade?" He inquired. It was a stupid question, and probably not one fit for this setting. But he really only knew battle. It was the only type of questions he could think of.

Dress: [XXX]
Hair: [XXX]
Tags: [member="Nick Dragonsflame"]

----------------------------------------------------------------

The announcement hadn't startled just Nicholas, though it seemed to startle him much more than it had Eenia. The grip on her hand caused her to look at their joined hands, and then she brought the other hand up to pat his hand. She had no idea who had won the high status of the night. Sure, she heard names, but she didn't really know either of the winners. Not all that surprising, considering she was only as sociable as she had to be before now.

Which made it easy to keep her attention with Nicholas, and despite the things going on around them, keeping up with conversation was something she could do. At least for the moment. So when he asked her if she was any good with a blade, Eenia laughed. She wasn't laughing at him of course, but she couldn't help but to laugh at the inquiry. If only he knew. "I am definitely not." she answered him with a shake of the head. "I mean, I can get by now I guess. But in terms of actual skill?" Her head shook again, because no. No real blade skills.

Isaiah Dashiell said:
He couldn't face palm himself hard if he was a Basilisk. She wasn't even drunk yet, what was he going to do with her? Despite her incessant squealing he resisted the urge to plant his face into his own fist and instead ordered himself a drink as well.

"Port in a storm if you have it." The bartender looked him up and down, gave a grunt and a shrug.

"Not my fault if he dies," they said to Mags before rummaging underneath the bar. With another grunt of effort they pulled a large bottle up and over. With a sigh they first poured Mags' red wine and then, reluctantly, poured the opaque brown liquid into a whiskey glass.

"You know the rules, finish the bottle or you pay double." Port in a storm was a drink from the Outer Rim world of Pamarthe which was renowned for two things and two things only. Its pilots and its booze. He'd never had the opportunity to try it, mostly because most bars didn't carry it due to its absurd alcohol content and the expense of getting a real bottle of port in a storm off world. Izzy took a sniff and almost regretted it. He didn't know the rules, but apparently he had to drink the entire bottle. Luckily, after a tentative shake, he found the bottle was only half empty. With a smirk he tossed his drink counter onto the bar and downed his first glass in one go.

Mistakes were made.

It burned and tasted more like ozone smelled.

"I-" But it was already too late. The bartender folder their arms and gave a smirk back at the overconfident drinker.

Were Magda not completely distracted at the present time she might've commented that it was highly suspect a drink such as Port in a Storm was in attendance at the bar of a Jedi Prom. Mostly the entire exchange between Izzy and bartender went unnoticed while the GUIDE Founder searched the various storage pockets of her suit for the Induction Port.

She may or may not have been muttering about the many accomplishments of Coren Starchaser during his time serving in the various governments and factions, most notably the Galactic Alliance, while doing so. Magda would not be able to confirm or deny this.

"Oh - there it is," procuring a small tubular metal piece from a compartment on the gauntlet of her left arm, she pulled it apart to reveal what amounted to a metallic, collapsible, hi-tech straw. It beeped as she synced it up with the control module of her suit, setting it to RED WINE and CONTAMINANT FILTRATION. Placing it into her glass (and completely missing the odd look from the bartender who was presently giving Izzy the hairy eye after his first drink) she waited while the straw conducted several scans of the wine before giving her a cheery, positive sounding chime.

Next came the process of inserting the straw into the opening on her mask panel and the first sip.

It was red wine alright, even if the taste was slightly altered by the filtration process, but she could drink it and it was still enjoyable.

"Hmm!" Magda marveled at it all, "This is delicious. I haven't had wine in forever. Atheema spoils me -" followed by more sipping and happy sounds.

Finally she looked over at Izzy, curious at his beverage choice, "What did you get?"

Isaiah Dashiell

I
Izzy swallowed hard and tried his best to not look dead inside as he raised his glace and gave a shaky smile.

"P-Port in a Stomr," he said, sluring slightly before taking a deep breath and swallowing his drink in one gulp. Best to get this over with quickly right? The bartender huffed, shook their head, and walked off to help someone else with their order. His world was swimming, wait, Mags wasn't swimming, just his vision. But eyes don't have legs to swim!

He poured himself another glass clenched his fist and attempted to down another glass, regretting it as the molten shards of glass (or was it lit rocket fuel? He really couldn't tell the difference anymore) slid down his throat and into his gullet.

His eyes narrowed as a shudder ran through him.

"Zat good wyne?"

Sipping happily, shoulders curved up and hips lightly following the tune of an upbeat song played by the band, Magda didn't immediately notice the slur.

"Port in Stomer?" she asked, gaze whisking off to the couples on the dance floor merrily jiving and dancing, "Never heard of it. Is it a whisky?" and then finally she looked back to Izzy.

Her brows might've disappeared into her hairline if she had one, but very few people in the galaxy were privy to the state of Magda's hair. Or lack thereof. The first instinct to be indignant didn't quite arrive, buffered by the joy of drinking wine. Instead she gave a half smirk behind her mask as the man shuddered down another drink. Like a fish, that one. No small wonder he was related to [member="Makai Dashiell"] the guppie.

"Any good?" it didn't look like it, not judging by the soured expression on his face, so she turned to investigate the bottle he was pouring from, "Ohh, Port in a Storm. Why does that sound famili-flipping Force-bees, Zee, Jorus probably uses this to clean the grease off ship engines."

She may or may not have experienced just how strong that drink was while spending time with the Outer Rim Coalition. Second-hand, obviously.

Isaiah Dashiell

I
Was it a whiskey...?

Cute.

If ONLY it was just your run of the mill whiskey. Nooooo, no, no...It was a drink like none his livers had ever faced before and as they screamed in protest Izzy continued to pour himself another one, ignoring the exclamation of his helmeted companion. He turned to her again, nearly spinning off his chair and sloshing his drink around in his glass.

"I-Its not that b-bad. Y-you should tr-" his glass rose to his lips as he took yet another sip. Be it the burn or the horror at what he was doing however, his mouth opened once again involuntarily and let the battery acid run down into his body.

"Lysthn," he started, his eyelids starting to hang heavy, "Ica n hahndfle a littttttlllllllle storm. Ain't no prooooblemo. Just...just ghosta fini this hur b-bottle" His heart sank as he saw that despite what had felt like thirty bottles he had truly only done a small dent in his greatest challange.

He poured, he stared and then he patted Mags on the shoulder twice.

"Yoooooooou should try itt!"

Wow.

Woooow.

Magda blinked.

"Yeah?" strangely amused, she swallowed what ire of his growing incoherence she felt bubbling up from the pit of her stomach. Swallowed it with the delectable taste of dry red. Oh my Malbec.

"Maybe I will," Magda reached for the bottle and gently pried it from his hand, holding it up to inspect - oh heck no. There was way too much left in that thing. She put it back on the bar and tucked it behind her. Way, way back behind her, flagging down the Bartender, "I think we should leave the rest for the other guests."

Isaiah Dashiell

I
His eyes widened as she attempted to hide the booze.

"Wait, Mags watie," he slurred, making a grabby motion with his hands. "I don wan be p-poor again!" He shook his head and stood up from chair, his knees nearly buckling as his world spun faster than a B-wing's cockpit on an attack run.

He jabbed a finger in her direction with a mischievously drunk look and said,

"Y-you jus need moah wyne!" And then downed his glass putting him at a grand total of too many glasses of Port in a Storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom