Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Springtime Prom (SJO/Allies)

Silver Arrow

S
Tbc2eLb.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]A time for dance and laughter was upon Kashyyyk, the Silver Jedi Order was hosting a Springtime Prom. The ballroom was decorated according, the tables set and the band were tuning their instruments. All that was needed now was the guests, in their glorious prom dresses and tuxedos. It was a cool but pleasant evening, not freezing but not humid or too warm for an early evening. Available at the banquet was an assortment of foods ranging from savoury snacks to sweet desserts. There was also punch and a small bar that served drinks, the bartenders were given strict rules not to serve alcoholic beverages to the teenagers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Chaperones started to arrive, to ensure that peace was maintained throughout the night, there was concern that people might drink too much and cause a fuss. This was just to make sure everyone had a nice time. There was a private dancehall for those look to have a prom in a more intimate level and recommended for older prom goers, and the main ballroom where everyone can have a nice time. Outside there was area for those wanting to smoke and have fresh air. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As the time for the prom began, the band start playing their first song for people to arrive and take everything in.[/SIZE]

OOC: Have fun everyone! There is a small dancehall for older characters who want to be away from the main crowd. There is the main hall that is serves to welcome everyone and an outside for those wanting to enjoy the pleasant night air. Enjoy, dance, drink and keep outta trouble!

Troye%20Sivan-GQ-December-120118-01-social.jpg
Mason’s Outfit​
Outfit, check. Hair, check. Bubblegum, check.

Mason smiled as he pulled on his jacket and ran a hand through his hair. In his free hand an invitation to the SJO Prom. Mason smirked. It almost reminded him of getting ready to go to a club. Mason made sure to store his lightsaber before leaving the dorms, he then proceeded to make his way towards the main ballroom. The teen entered the ballroom and smiled. The first song had begun.

The tall teen smiled brightly as he strutted towards an empty table and leaned on a chair. He didn’t have a date. But did it matter? He was there to make a reappearance, it had been far too long since his last entrance. Mason shook his head. Now he just had to wait.

Wearing: Iokath dress

Although Jessica had no hand in actually organizing the prom, she hoped to see a few of the new faces of the Order, and possibly also from other factions; however, she knew she last met one of the potential attendees in a social function, @Celiana. Also she expected that [member="Jairdain"] be present, that is, two of the Jedi she helped redeem. I hope that this dress from an Iokath-based designer, which I bought from a boutique on Umbara, actually looks as good as any of the dresses I expect other Jedi to be dressed with, she thought, thinking that a dress from Iokath was exotic in this region due to its origin more so than its actual design. Because that Iokath dress was very silver-y and it was made from hypercloth. As far as she knew, hypercloth was one of the possible layers in an armorweave, depending on who made it, so she just stood at the entrance lobby for the time being, waiting to see if any of those familiar people were, in fact, showing up. Or just to observe who were these newcomers, as the event proper was slated to begin soon. Or so she hoped anyhow.

Celeste stepped daintily into the main hall, high heeled shoes clicked against the polished floor. A quiet smile formed on her red lips, this scene brought back some memories. There were springtime decorations, an abundance of fresh floral arrangements and pastel streamers to match the theme. The music played, too.

It looked like things were quite ready to begin.

This would be her first major outing since becoming a widow. The loss of her husband had been a blow, and the grief had covered her like a heavy weighted blanket. In the weeks following, she'd been able to wear said blanket of emotions around her like a cloak and emerge again into the world. And now, it was small enough to fold up like a handkerchief to carry with her. Despite the sadness she was working through, she had signed up to chaperone the dance.

Someone had to be that mother figure tonight. But, she'd made a silent vow not to be too stern or overbearing, she did want everyone to have fun. Speaking of fun, she'd asked good friend, [member="Coren Starchaser"] to attend as her date for the evening. It was an innocent request. She was still a new widow, after all. The two of them had been spending time together lately, time that she did cherish. Coren had been the steady shoulder to lean on, the support she needed right now.

And, she hoped tonight would help lighten the mood enough to have a good time. So, Celeste made her way towards the long table of refreshments and lifted a cup to fill with punch while she waited for Coren to arrive.

Ura somewhat oddly walked up to the location of this "prom." She honestly didn't understand what this was about. "Dates" were involved from what someone told her, but that didn't help much. Lervon didn't really date, so the concept was lost on her. She at least understood what dancing was, and parties, so that part she knew at least. The Lervon finally walked into the room, having shifted her form to appear to be wearing a pretty plain evening gown. She looked around the main hall. A few people had come in already, but she didn't know any of them. Either way, she hoped she'd have some fun.

Prom, star never experienced prom at all, her teen years had been filled with so much war and strife stardust had only heard the word in cheesy holo films and books maybe. So when the jedi hosted one stardust jumped on that opportunity to take her husband along. Two needed it anyways with running a planet and star flung omissions ot might be something good for the married couple to go out

Arriving with [member="Darben Skirae"] in a speeder stardust stepped out, the cherry red dress catching a little light as she stood and looked around with a smile on her face taking a deep breath

been a long time since weve gone out eh dear?

[SIZE=10pt]Entering Main Hall [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Interacting: Open to any and all :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Walking towards the hall where the prom was taking place, Allyson flipped over the invitation a few times. She had been doing her own thing recently and had finally decided to come home. Deep cover work taking out some underground drug cartel does take one from the luxury of being around friends. Still, it was good to be home. Allyson remained quiet as to what she was up to while away from the Silver Jedi, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The invitation was tucked away as she checked in her items, a nodding she entered to see the others starting to gather and familiar faces showing up. A smile spread across her face as she exhaled and got over the bit of nerves that gathered under her cool exterior. It was a party and she was ready to let her hair down. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A few more smiles were given as she wandered over to where the drinks were being poured and got herself a glass of Corellian whiskey, neat. The amber liquor never looked so enticing as she swirled it and watched as it splashed against the glass walls. Inhaling softly, she took a sip and nearly melted. “Oh, how I’ve missed you my friend.” She spoke to the drink and too another satisfying sip. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Entering Main Hall [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Interacting: Open to anyone [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Getting dressed up was always an event that Charlie looked forward to. It wasn’t every day that the padawan got to wear clothing that was as beautiful as the dress she was going to wear tonight. A smile spread across her face while she patted down the sequence and the soft blue material against her frame. Tilting her head, she noticed that she looked quite different than the last time she had worn a dress to an event. A peaceful endeavor to the former new republic’s cruise ship or something. Didn’t feel that long ago, but as she admired herself and the dress, Charlie figured it had been. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Charlie walked up doing her best in the heels that she decided to wear. Heels and her typical leather boots were nowhere near the same feeling. It would take a bit to get used to, but she focused on walking and doing her best to be as graceful as possible. She wanted to prove that she had grown up even if it was just a little bit. No longer pint size, the now taller Seoulian girl, moved with an ounce more of grace and confidence. Wandering into the hall she peered around hopefully for a familiar face. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]None yet, but the night was still early. Looking at her small watch around her wrist she wondered if she had arrived too soon. A part of her hoped she’d see a particular someone, but Charlie did her best to not get her hopes up – said person was always quite busy. [/SIZE]

Why she invited him, he had no real clue. A Jedi soldier, a warrior, and a galactic wanderer, Coren Starchaser didn’t always make the best example of what he was trying to portray. Especially in public places. More of a ‘do as I say, not as I do’ type of Jedi, for certain. And with the Alliance in Exile based in the Outer Rim Coalition, he was really tied in with that crew for a long time. Hell, even before the Alliance was a galactic powerhouse, he served with the Underground, that set up the bones of the Coalition. And beyond that? He was keeping the lights on at the Jedi Praxeum and for the Jedi Academy Network.

A lot of information and Jedi went through Coren, and he was doing his best to keep connecting all the groups. The Prax and Silvers being two of the larger identified groups were working flawlessly together. But perhaps because people knew him, there would be those who listened to him. And if not? Stun batons.

Maybe.

Probably not.

Who knew?

He knew that there was a lot going on with Celeste still, he had to help her figure her things out. Or keep her mind off of it. And to do that? He didn’t even need the shot to take the edge off, but he also was the man who would take a flask to even non-military funerals. And that definitely meant he had something with him here, because why be a good example, when you could be the best example. Stepping into the event in a sharp black suit, he saw Celeste and a smile found his features. She did look really nice tonight, and he made his way over to her, approaching from behind her. “Well, don’t you clean up nice!”

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Joury stood outside the doors to the ballroom, anxiously checking herself for the thousandth time. She wasn't used to lavishness like this, and certainly not to dressing like this. She hoped it would be alright.

With a deep breath she straightened and went inside. The spectacle was breathtaking, and Joury suddenly felt a flush of mixed emotions flow through her entire body. She stood there for a moment, taking it all in and letting her emotions sort themselves out. She just indulged in it all, savoring every sight and sound, before moving into the swirling mixture of people around her.

"Be one with your environment."

Joury smiled at those who passed and quickly sought out a flute of champagne.

Lynette Lykova

L
09goIUU.png
Chaperone
Main Ballroom

Lynette Lykova of the Silver Rest, Knight of the Silver Service Corps, and self-proclaimed glamorous royal diva, stood in the main hall, farthest from the stage. Dressed in a long brown dress and adorned about the shoulders with a tall brown fur shawl. Standing to her right stood a thin and agile beauty named Catherine Monica Valerie McPhee. A researcher, professor, and wildlife biologist from the planet Denon. Most recently adventuring on the jungle world of Kashyyyk for a school paper and perhaps, some much needed vacation time too. Lovely ladies lustfully alike. She was dressed for the occasion in a light tangerine spring dress and tall cowgirl riding boots of wildly expensive taste. Oh my. They even had spritely blue feathers adorned about the leather ankles. Hehe. Wonderful and feather fall free. Just like how these two talkative twins were feeling right about now too.

I'll spare you the small talk, but small talk they did, and most likely have been for minutes upon minutes already. These two dapper women were just as likely to get up to trouble as to curtail it tonight. Graciously tasked this evening with only most bare minimum of chaperone duties. Luckily. (And, for now.) This curvaceous, glamorous, amorous, and colorful pair; did their very best to keep things light, tight, and sociable. Even for the adults. Perfectly proper in every pampering and prosperous way.

Alas, with a glass of wine in one hand and an infamous conversation in the other. These two stray dovetails began the evening talking about men, about love, and about the troubles in finding "Mr. Right."

Joury smiled and smiled, sipping the champagne to avoid making any gaffes. Joury saw the beautiful gowns, the handsome robes, the gilt and glimmer of it all, and swallowed hard taking a breath and finishing her champagne placed the flute on the table behind her. Joury waded into the teeming room, but quickly rethought her plan. This wasn't like dancing she knew, and she could try to mimic but one false step might be a faux pas she'd rather avoid.

Joury was new here. New to all of this. She saw Master Lykova, and bashfully smiled and nodded graciously to her. "Seriously, where the feth is the guy with the drinks?" Joury wondered, breathing deeply to maintain her composure. Joury softly shut her eyes, pursing her lips as she exhaled. "Serenity...." she thought to herself, "I'm going to need at least another season before I can really move on." Joury gently shook her head and reopened her eyes.

Gala events don't exactly come up for girls like her, she thought. It wasn't really part of life where she was from, and she hadn't counted on the anxiety being so strong. Maybe, if we're lucky, a battalion or three of Sith Empires with show up and I can do something less stressful. She paused. Nope, no Sith. Feth.

Lynette Lykova

L
[member="Joury Sihn"] was fething stressed.

Luckily, a glass of champagne floated just over her left shoulder. Gliding gracefully in the air like a sudden decoration until it came to rest just a lady-like and slipping gesture away. Surprising, you say? Perhaps. But Jedi magic is always prosperous when placed publicly and correctly. Especially for laughs.

"Oh my!" Came a soft soothing voice from over Sihn's right shoulder. Lynette Lykova turned and smiled, and stepped tightly into view. Gasping playfully at the hovering crystal that she, so surely, was holding on to with a magic wave of her hand.

"Oh dear. I came to get you another drink my dear. Oh, and but alas. You haven't finished your first just yet. Tsk tsk. How presumptuous of me. Forgive me. And here. Let me get that for you." She giggled.

Then with a flourish of her hair, she dispersed the floating flute and it was never seen again.

"Ah. Much better. And do forgive the theater my dear. I've a soft spot for grand entrances. Hehe." Lynette smiled and then gave a slight bow of the head and a touch of her dress, "Knight Lykova. At your service. Chaperone. dancer, and dilly-dally'er. Extraordinaire."

She pursed her lips and brushed her soft furs. Then gave a wave to the air and the song itself.

"I don't think we've met. Enjoying the party?"

"No, er, um, no, we haven't met, but the pleasure is mine." Joury said, thoroughly impressed by her entrance. "I have dilly'd a dally or two in my day."

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Dilly'd a dally? Seriously? That is how you respond? Oh, Maker and Force, why didn't you just do that thing where you make it look like your thumb is detachable? Pull it together, Joury."

"I love your dress, it's....wow. I really didn't bring much when I came. Vi, that's my sister (Still sounds weird when I say that) She promised we could go shopping when she comes to visit next month."

Joury gently brushed the stray wisps of her hair from her face. Smiling softly, nervously.

Lynette Lykova

L
Lynette tempted her cheeks slowly into a smiling blush. She liked this girl. Nervous as feth, dashingly beautiful, and just beaming with potential. Gods help the poor Silver boys. She was going to slay them. Dead.

"Dear, you're a stunner. That dress is killer and you a dead ringer for a Holonet diva. I love it and so should you. Hehe."

Lynette straighted her back and pointed towards the dance floor,

"I'll skip the boring parts and get right to it. Not doubt you've a whole evening of dancing and flirting I should let you get back to. ...Tell me your name dear. Then, I'll release you. I promise. Hehe."

[member="Joury Sihn"]

"J-Joury....Joury Syhn.....Padawan to Master Nooran.....dillier of dallies....and thank you."

"Dillier of dallies....ugh. You have to pull it together, girl. Why can you be a total pro as a dancer and right now you're acting like a complete di'kutla di'kut dinii!" she thought.

"You....I....am pleased to meet you." Joury smiled wide, truly liking this woman and sensing a possible and sincere friendship between them.

Lynette Lykova

L
She's stealing my dallies.

Poo.

Smiles and fluffy poofs aside, yes. It was a perfectly present prom thus far. Lynette swirled her wine glass and gave a soft smile of her lips to [member="Joury Sihn"] ,

"Excellent. A pleasure to meet you, Joury Sihn. Padawan to Master Nooran. A true pleasure."

She smiled delightfully and took a sip of her deep red glass. Eyeing the young woman from just over the edge of it's glittering wet curvature. Then she relented her taste and returned back to pleasantries.

"Well. As Chaperone, it is my duty to make myself available to you in any way you so desire. The whole evening long. So? Do come and see me should you need anything dear. We're only here to help. Hehe."

Then she gave a gesture of closing. As if the close the door and sweep all that dirty dirt, right under the rug.

"Do enjoy the party Joury. ...And no. Don't you dare come see me again unless you have a young man on your arm and a twinkle in your eye! Mmhmm."

She pursed her lips and gave a wink with her glass.

"I release you. Go have fun dear."

And with that, Lynette gave a bow of her chin and excused herself to return to her party guest. Leaving good Joury Sihn alone again. To chase the evening and all it's surgery mysteries as the fancy took her. Lynette returned to her duties.

[member="Joury Sihn"]

"Right a twinkle on my arm and a man in my eye...Got it."

Joury liked her. The pair could become good friends, Joury was sure of that.

Okay, that didn't end in boils, so there was hope. Joury smiled and nodded and even mouthed 'hello' silently to a few when she summoned the courage. Joury found the champagne guy and resupplied herself for the next leg of the expedition.

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
A ball, not something she though about attending before, her idea of such and event being that of fancy dresses, high end food, powerful figure heads from around the galaxy and other things she was not really accustom to. Still the senor knight decided to attend, walking into the well lit up and open halls, quite bright if she had anything to say, the amount of golden colored objects within the room was almost blinding. Bright lights were always a bother to someone of her race, even if they didn't do any real harm, hopeful she'd get use to it an manage to have a nice day.

Straightening her outfit one last time, hands neatly folded in front Sukai wandered into the hall at large, already a sizable crowd having formed, some of them looking to be in pairs, most notably among those was [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], quite the easy person to spot, more so in a room full of human looking people. Still so far the Twi'lek was the only person of familiarity, at least one she knew by name, several heads seeming to belong to those she knew, but who they were exactly elude the young women's mind, all except one other.

Walking further into the hallways Sukai's blue gaze fell upon a sight she had not see in a while, a small coming to her face as she walked up to the old acquaintances. "Hello Charlie, it sure has been a while since I saw you last", she stated giving the women a short greeting bows as custom of her people.

[member="Charlie Nooran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom