Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion A Show of Strength (TSE Dominion of Kalee)

Objective: II - Into the Unknown (Explore the Tomb of Brahk Eer Halg)
Writing With: AMCO AMCO | Rabbit Rabbit | Anybody Else
Post Number: II

Aagenti would nod in response to Adrian’s comment about their capabilities in avoiding danger. Both of them were more than experienced in terms of fighting, and while they certainly each had their own expertises and experiences, it would be false to say that neither of them could hold their own in a fight. The inclusion of Aagenti’s commandos and Adrian’s Sithspawn Mandalorian abominations were just insurance, in Aagenti’s mind, to make sure that things went as well as they could. Aagenti would more than happily allow a warm albeit smug smile to form on his own face as he saw Adrian smile, eventually turning to look at the skull-faced entrance.

”It sometimes surprises me just how cliche these ancient Sith Lords can be, I mean… a skull for a tomb? Really? No class nor taste at all.” Darth Aagenti would push his hair back with a bit of exasperation at Brahk’s apparent dreariness. Aagenti largely paid no focus to the skirmish in the academy above, entrusting that the other Sith Lords present there were more than capable of dealing with the locals. He was eager to see what would be found of that expedition, but that would have to wait.

”Indeed, let’s continue and see just how far down we’ll go.” As Adrian began to move forward so too did Aagenti, taking a few steps in front of Adrian just to make sure that the alchemist and sorcerer was almost directly behind him, fully able to see the way Aagenti’s robes hugged his hips, waist, and thighs from behind, while the reflective onyx plates of his armor shimmered and gleamed in mysterious ways in the dull light, his red eyes set forward and his smile never wavering as he made sure to take his time in heading closer. There was an obvious excited bounce in his step and excessive sashay in his gait, though.

”I figured you’d be the type to have some pragmatic thoughts and ideas beyond the glamour evident in your ship. I like that; no such thing as too much help, just so long as they’re willing to go first and not ask questions.” Aagenti would turn back to Adrian as he stopped at the entrance, crossing his arms over his chest and flicking his ruby-red eyes over towards the mercenaries of Rabbit and Dahvin, giving them both a small bow of his head. He was more than content to allow the simple style of his armor and air of power around him be his introduction as he stood beside Adrian.

Taking the amulet, Aagenti would eye it momentarily before smiling, putting it around his neck as a flick of his wrist sent the two dark-armored commandos to stand beside the mercenaries. ”Those two have kept not only me but the esteemed Aerarii Tithe alive, but don’t count on them to be so loyal to mercenaries. You’re being paid good money to spot traps and keep us all alive… but, for the sake of formality and ‘amity,’ consider those two watching your back. They’re both most likely better fighters than you-“ Aagenri would take a step closer to the pair, grinning widely as he leaned down and forward, pushing his hips back just the slightest bit.

”- But I’d love to be surprised.”

Aagenti would step away from the two individuals, giving a small wink and a hint of a smirk, before turning to move into the crypt, beckoning all present parties to follow as he once more sashayed, quite obvious to all present. ”You two are doing great things in the name of the Sith Empire. Should you do your job well, you shall be paid by Adrian as promised, though there may be more work for you in the future supplied by me, the Pyramid of Military Command. I hope you have basic understanding of ‘delving decency,’ which is that should you be found stealing, you shall be punished, don’t touch anything you don’t understand, fleeing will result in no payment, and don’t interrupt somebody when they’re trying to explain supernatural occurrences. If either of us die you will not get any payment, as I’m sure you can assume, and there will be a reward provided by me should this expedition go completely perfectly with no casualties whatsoever - plus, depending on how we’re feeling, we may even throw in some of our findings as reward. Do you understand?”

Aagenti wouldn’t wait for an answer as he simply continued forward, his hands at his side as he moved to stand closely next to Adrian, a step behind as he looked at the Kaleesh spirit for a brief moment. He took this time to simply read the individual, trying to sense the weave of the Force around him and, in general, read his body language before moving forward to greet the spirit with a bow, opening his arms out to the side and standing a bit taller, a wide grin on his face with a heavy sense of feigned mirth. ”We are honored to be welcomed into your court, and we hope that you will not mind the somewhat unannounced arrival of my companion and I. We would have sent a courier ahead of us, but we were simply too eager to arrive and be graced within these ancient halls - and, please, don’t mind our ragtag bodyguards. Exotic mercenaries are all too common from where we come from.”

Aagenti would wave his hand for the spirit to lead the way, taking point on the group and giving a small motion for them to follow. ”But, please, don’t let my loquaciousness stop you. We are all too grateful to be here, and we would all be honored by a tour of this great palace.” Aagenti would motion his hand against for the phantasm to continue, each click of his boots as he followed ringing against the old, dusty stone floors as he walked with a stride full of dignity and an air of respect and power - even though it was a mockery, this was his natural environment, and he wasn’t afraid to let that (amongst other aspects of him) be obvious to the gathered party.

Objective One: Cage Match
Post #1
With: None

"Not at all," She assured the Kaleesh attendant she didn't mind wearing the wrappings on her hands. It was at her own request, anyway. She was here to show off the might of the Empire's loyal subjects, not murder anyone. The servos of her fingers whined as she flexed them, restricted in their movement yet still able to grasp an object if needed. Suitable.

Hovering over the bench nearest the steel cage was the ever-faithful Aidee. Two of the droid's legs were crossed, and as Cara looked over to the droid it peered up then looked away briskly. An impression of mild surprise swept her face.

"Are you pouting?" She asked in a quiet voice while scanning the opposite end of the makeshift arena. The droid gave its warbled style of "Hmph!" It turned further on its axis, tilting its head up and away.

Cara gave a relenting sigh, "
If this is about the caf..." She stretched out a padded hand, "I apologize. I shouldn't have complained abo--" Without warning the droid whirled around and began trilling loudly, his little legs waving and emoting as he pointed here and there.

Her brow furrowed,
"I am not naked! Are we really still on about this?" Aidee replied with a binary scoff, pointing towards Cara then slamming his two little clamps on his head in exasperation. It was true that Cara had chosen to forgo a shirt, the varied grays of her torso's cybernetics bare for all to study.

"I am not indece-- Aidee I have nothi-- it's a cautionary and that's that." She exhaled sharply, tightening the padding on her knuckles. The wary glare of nearby Kaleesh and Imperials gave her pause.

- - -​

Rhythmic clanging pierced the air, and Cara's attention returned to the spacious steel cage ahead. Her demeanor resumed that of the cold stoic she was branded to be.

An old voice called for the attention of spectators and combatants, "Now we begin a challenge agreed upon by the visitor and a willing select of our number," the elder Kaleesh took a breath as he gestured towards both sides beyond the cage.

"One weapon of your choice, barring that of energy-based projectiles. This too agreed upon by both sides." He nodded to the combatants, "Keep your honor and show us your strength!"

The crowd broke out in a cheer. Cara walked through the cage door, looking back over her shoulder as it slammed shut. Her first opponent walked forth and was broad of shoulder and thigh. Cara kept a studious eye. Strong, quick, and capable of long bouts of stamina. All around a fine specimen, though alien as he was.

Cara slammed her fists together in ritual, the padded knuckles still giving a loud challenge. The Kaleesh merely grunted, sloughing off the coil of rope which had swung from his shoulder. It unfurled with a CRACK! The whip was easily 4 meters in length, but something Cara didn't register as a grave threat. This would be over embarrassingly quick.

Something was gnawing at the back of her mind, but with the roar of the crowd she put it to the side. The two fighters neared closer, Cara keeping her arms forward in preparation for a slash. The Kaleesh ran the whip through the sand, its actions reminiscent of a snake. The snake finally lost patience and struck.

She caught the weapon as it coiled about her left forearm. As she shifted her feet to pull the Kaleesh towards herself she saw his hand clamp down on a trigger.

Partners[:/b] Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano , AMCO AMCO
Post Number: 2

Honestly, Rabbit wasn’t really sure what she was expecting to meet Sith. Big tall monsters draped in black? Shriveled wizards with flames for eyes? Maybe dark creatures that snatched babies from their cribs and ate them? Certainly something like that from the horror stories that Uncle Salvin told her growing up. They had seemed like myths. Monsters he would tell her about before bed to make sure that she cleaned her bedroll space and ate her proper meal portions. Legends. Not real.

And yet, there were two Sith before her, and they were very real, and they were two conventionally attractive men. Just men. They were certainly intimidating men, and just one look at them told Rabbit that they could kill her without even thinking about it, but they didn’t seem to be monsters. It took her by surprise. Not that that was difficult, with her very limited life experience. There had been many instances of her expectations being blown away over the last three days, though admittedly, this was the biggest.

Being flanked by the two large intimidating commandos made her shrink in on herself, her wide-eyed gaze switching between them and the Sith speaking to her. Casualties? Death? Findings? Reward? Military? Dahvin hadn’t mentioned any of this. He had told her this was going to be an easy exploration, with no complications, and no danger. And now this Sith was telling her about danger, bringing along armored commandos that would probably haunt her nightmares, and telling her that she’d be punished for fleeing?

She glanced to her partner, her eyes wide as saucers. The merc grimaced, but didn’t acknowledge her until the Sith had turned and walked away towards the tomb with his comrade. He whispered to her.

“Don’t take it too seriously. Sith are just dramatic.”

She tried to keep calm, already feeling her inner servos working as her heart rate increased. Her voice was a strained angry whisper.

“Dramatic? I’ve never even fired a-”

He shushed her as they moved forward to the tomb.

“They don’t need to know that. Keep your kriffing mouth shut, and do everything they say. Easy money.”

She did as he said, and kept her mouth shut. She was flustered. This wasn’t at all what he had promised. Now she was in some dangerous tomb with attractive dangerous men and dangerous commandos and dangerous-

By the Force, was that a ghost?! Her face turned white, and she started to take a step back, but Dahvin didn’t let her. He hissed into her ear.

“Don’t move. Just stay calm.”

She was trembling with fear. So apparently ghosts were real. That was a thing, now. Sith were real, and ghosts were real, and this whole thing was really shattering her entire world view, and it was not okay. This was not okay. In that moment, she was really reconsidering her entire adventure off of Raxus Prime. But she was already here, and the Sith had already said that she wouldn’t be paid if she fled, and Dahvin really wanted to be paid. The older mercenary had a hand on her back, and was pushing her forward.

She kept a hand on the handle of her blaster as they delved into the tomb, her legs shaky as they took steps. She was frightened beyond belief, and really hoping that Dahvin, these commandos, and these Sith could keep her from dying.

Objective: II Into the Unknown; accompany Saaraisash agents to investigate the large structure to the south.

Their shuttle had been forced to land some distance away from the landing zone that had been assigned before take-off. The dark panelled ship finding the thick overgrowth of dark forests harder then expected to break through and make a safe landing, the pilots instead settling for a rocky overlook some four to five miles away and even further yet from the structures location itself. The change in circumstance didn’t seem to bother the small collection of six Individuals who descended from the bowels of the ever quieting shuttle as jets of steam flew from cooling systems that were still fighting off the reheat of planetary entry.

“Remember this.” A large hooded beast of a being said to the group, his stance clearly one of power and mastery over the others who circled him like sheep to a food trough. Beneath his hood his face was coloured in a golden brown coat of fur, dark red eyes betraying his Cathar heritage. “Your training begins today and do not take your freedom of operation as indication to your worth.” Their were a few mumbles of understanding from the group each going through their gear as the Cathar slowly began to advance up towards the edge of the bluff they had landed on. “Acolyte Varon, Acolyte Bars.” He called, causing two heads to move to attention from amongst the gathered. “With me.”

From their position on the Bluff the Cathar master and the two Acolytes could see far across the tops of the forest trees and towards the cliffs that the reports said housed the structure the Saaraisash had sent them to investigate. Through the distance seemed far Selendti, who was stood to the Cathar’s right, could see several clear pathways that would make the travel considerably easy going. However the question remained on if they were purposefully built paths or natural breaks in the trees, the latter being the preferable situation.

“The Dark Side is strong here. Can you feel it?” The Cathar said quietly, almost growling.

“Yes Master.” The other, a human male said. Salandti however said nothing, understanding the words as a statement, not a question to be stained by her own feelings. However he was right, the Dark Side was strong here. Even now, at the start of her journey could she feel the effects that it was having on her. It seeped into everything around them, giving it stark focus, she only had to reach out and touch it with her mind to feel her connection to the Force increasingly becoming more and more attuned. It was intoxicating. For those who could not control their own curiosity.

“There are fires.” She instead said to the Cathar. “Settlements perhaps.”

A rare smile crept onto the beasts lips. “Yet no technological readings from the shuttles approach. What make you of that Acolyte?”

He was testing her. She knew it. “The natives are from a primitive tribal ancestry. It is entirely possible that there are those who still connect with their old ways.” She answered after a moments thought. “Savages as those in the cities would have you believe.”

The Cathar stood silent, the wind sweeping across his cloak making it bellow out like a dark shadow. “Acolyte Bars.” He finally said. “Collect the others. Lets go and visit the locals and see what they make of these ruins.”

Objective: I - Silver Tongued Devils
Kit: Skystas Rieve iv Tave Daboti Dvasi
Allies: Hont Atellies Hont Atellies

Aerarii looked out over the fighting pits where the Sith Lords and Ladies were engaged in tournament with the best fighters the Kileesh had to offer. The fights served as both a demonstration of Sith strength for the war-addicted savages and a means for the Empire to test the local's mettle. No doubt the strongest and most cunning fighters would find themselves conscripted into the Sith-Imperial Legion, assuming they survived the bouts.

Legionnaire Hont described to the chieftain the glory that the Keleesh could bring to themselves if they fought under the Sith banner. Indeed, there was no shortage of conflicts in Sith space, with hostile nations and the heretical Apostates pushing against Sith territory from what felt like every direction. Even if the primitive Kaleesh could not be fully integrated into the Legion they could be unleashed on the enemy in a sacrificial first strike, saving countless - and more valuable - Legionnaire lives.

The chieftain turned to Aerarii, and asked what he had to offer. “Will you challenge our warriors in battle?” added another Kaleesh, a lesser chieftain.

In any other situation, the bureaucrat would have laughed at the mere suggestion of him engaging in such an act. “I serve the Emperor in a different capacity,” he explained, before clutching at his lower back. “Past woulds, I’m sure you understand.” He feinted a growl at the non-existent injury. Explaining his role to the warrior race would either cause confusion or insult, or possibly both.

“As well as glory beyond the stars, we can help you with more local issues. The Huk - we are willing to swarm their nest, to rain death down from above…”

Without warning the lesser chieftain grabbed the table and hurled it aside. He quickly crossed the distance between himself and Aerarii, who he grabbed by the throat and hoisted high into the air. The Consul kicked his legs furiously and grabbed at the Kaleesh’s hands and they wrapped tighter around his throat.

“The Huk are scum, they are not worthy of our blood!” The lesser chieftain tightened his grip around Aeraii’s throat. “How dare you mention their wrecked name!”

“Learn to obey before you command”
Objective: Silver Tongued Devils
Allies:
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

“The Huk are scum, they are not worthy of our blood!” The lesser chieftain tightened his grip around Aeraii’s throat. “How dare you mention their wrecked name!”

Hont jumped immediately. He immediately pulled out his blaster and aimed for the lesser chieftain. Fear swelled from inside of him. These insignificant beings surrounded them, if they were to get into a fight he would probably lose his promotion.

And as fear does, it turns itself into anger.
“THE HUK ARE AS PATHETIC AS YOU, YOU CANT EVEN DEAL WITH THEM YOURSELVES! NOW HANDS OFF THE CONSUL OR...

I

WILL

SHOOT!”

Hont spoke of pure, unrelenting anger. All of his fear, anger, rage directed as a shout, a shout which came as an arrow piercing all those within theAs if he was ready to kill all of them then and there and burn them and all life on the planet to dust. The guards readied there weapons, Hont was angry, they were angry, someone needed to calm the situation down immediately.

The chieftain appeared hurt by his words, taking them personally within himself.
We fought the Huk to protect those we love. Give me one reason to not kill you both right here...”

Objective II: Explore the Tomb of Brakh Eer Halgh
Writing With: Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano & Rabbit Rabbit
Post Number III
---

Though he ever so briefly raised a single carefully groomed eyebrow at his associate's tight robes and his swaying hips, Adrian's attention soon returned to the tomb they were about to enter and his thoughts to the delicious secrets no doubt hidden without - after all, to someone who once stormed a Jedi temple in a three-piece suit, moving sensually into battle was far from noteworthy.

Paying careful attention as the ghost described in detail the proud history of Brakh Eer Halgh, King of Kings and Lord Eternal of all Khaleesh, Adrian still took the time to mutter an incantation under his breath, grimacing as he in turn felt the presence of other spirits - many, many more.

The deeper they went, the stronger the Dark - and the more real the spirits of yore. Should they come to be considered trespassers, the danger would be very real - even to Lords of the Sith. Fortunately, he had more than one ace up his sleeve.

"Truly, your King's knowledge of the mystical must be as great as his mastery of the martial, for his reign to have lasted so long."

The Khaleesh spirit's response was vague and, he suspected, only partially directed towards the present, but it confirmed what he suspected - the Old King had been a practitioner of the stranger alchemies, of shifting flesh and flitting spirit. His secrets would be here, waiting to be claimed.

What the Triumvir did not know was that while luck and the diligence of their bodyguards had seen them past earlier safeguards, they were fast approaching more insidious traps to which their spiritual guide was wholly ignorant, for the son who finally broke the circle and slew the Old King had feared more than anything that another would take his place - another undying tyrant, fuelled by forbidden knowledge.

Objective: Wrastle

They came at him organized and wary.
More inexperienced warriors would have fared far worse, their training and battle experience did these Kaleesh credit. The Emperor had studied grappling from the Hellyni, a rigid militaristic people from beyond Belkadan at the farthest corner of the Outer Rim. Though the Empire had not officially expanded that far towards the galactic edge, the Hellyni did have a noticeable presence in the Empire as military commanders and advisors. Hellyni military thought was even lectured in the Empire's multiple academies, their experiences passed down to the next generation of officers and leaders.
And that knowledge of fine grappling did the Emperor well, for he was able to contend with all ten of the Kaleesh that fought him. Even when pressed from all sides, the Emperor could triumph because of what he had learned over the made decades he had traveled the galaxy.
When it was all over, the Emperor stood tall and those that contended with him were left lying on their backs in the dirt. Such would be the fate of all who contended with the Empire that he had helped found. But for now, he had given them ample opportunity to witness what skills he possessed. It was time for another to take his place in the ring, and so the Emperor retired from wrestling for the moment to watch his daughter Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano instead.
He stood, silent and observant, on the sidelines.

Objective: Locate and explore the Sith Shadow Academy
Allies: Leon Amun Leon Amun , any who wish to join.

The cold front had been accompanied by a torrential storm. The downpour soaked the temple grounds. Luckily there hadn't been any further obstacles between the duo and the temple entrance. Aside from Leon's consistent bickering that was. Venari would've taken more crazed Kaleesh over that, had he the choice. Unfortunately for the Sith Lord, he had no such choice and as the two ascended the large staircase to the archaic academy, he was pitted against more of the Sith-Mando's continued complaints, which somehow broke through the resounding, blaster fire-like rain.

"All you Sith do is worry about your power and how to get unlimited quantities of it, you people know nothing of how to sit back and relax, that's why you're always scowling and so susceptible to premature wrinkling! You need to learn to relax!"

"One, If your mutt relieves itself on my ship, I'll have it fed to the nearest Rancor. Two, I'm sure the legion at Kaleela will get along just fine without you. The Emperor himself is participating and you can bet they will all be watching. Three, elucidation on what I regard as entertainment would be lost on you. Tell me, have you read a single book your entire life? Or is all of your off time spent on that IGW whatever," the Sith Lord said, crossing a final threshold before the archway entrance.

Stepping out of the rain and into the ancient edifice revealed a vast antechamber lined with four sets of columns though most of the room was taken by the shadows. Venari raised his lightsaber and activated it, bathing their surroundings in crimson light. Dust and debris was the room the Sith Lord strode further into. Antiquated Kaleesh architecture had been overtaken by venerable Sith constructs and embellishments. Decaying tapestry flew a familiar emblem but not one of Sith-Imperial origin. Rather, an offshoot of the old Resurgent Empire. The implications were limited, but there'd be more time to speculate later.

The Sith Lord's still unnamed reptilian pet began to hiss. A blur of movement at the periphery of Venari's gaze stole his attention away from his speculations. More Kaleesh dropped from an overhead balcony, swinging their Lig swords and shoni spears wildly as they fell. Two additional lightsabers unhooked themselves from Venari's belt and took to the air, whirling about in tandem with the powerful strikes of his personal weapon. In a flash four Kaleesh lay dead. Another eight stood, surrounding the Sith and his attendant. Their garments were dark and tattered. Their skin, a ghoulish gray. Despite the fatal wounds and removal of limbs, the four grounded Kaleesh pushed themselves to a stand.

"Exanimate Kaleesh warriors," Venari spoke calmly as he put his back to Leon's. His many sabers surrounded the duo, "having enough fun yet?"

Many would not consider punches to be an essential part of wrestling, but in the Kaleesh tradition it was apparently allowed to pelt one's opponent in the face repeatedly if they refused to submit. And Joycelyn refused to submit.

As the Princess protected her head from the rain of blows rather than keep her elbows close to her chest to fend off the kaleesh's knees, She found herself quickly eliminating her preferred options of escape. Yet, she was far from deterred as, while the Zambrano blood had made her tall and strong, the Cuiléin of the Vahla had imparted her with another physical attribute that would serve considerable use in a wrestling match like this.

She planted her feet firmly on the ground and reached her hands toward her opponent. Her hands pushed his aside and settled into his armpits, squeezing the nerves there with fierce strength to distract him. The Kaleesh grabbed her wrists in return, attempting to use his position to twist them away. Then, she arched her back, tossing him closer to her head and lifting him up. Her legs then shot up from the ground and wrapped around him. It seemed an impossible way to bend, but the flexibility of Vahla flesh permitted it. He braced forward to prevent her from tipping him back, and instead of trying to tip him, she pushed off and slid out from underneath him.

The Kaleesh warrior was pushed forward into the dirt as Joycelyn got to all fours. She put her knees on the back of his thighs and grabbed his shin firmly with her arms in an attempt at pinning him finally. He squirmed and kicked against the hold, and like a great constrictor snake she tightened. Yet, her grip was just not perfectly settled and he managed to turn himself around and twist his leg loose.

He threw himself at the back of her neck, attempting to get her into a rear choke. Joycelyn was taken by surprise, but managed to intercept with her shoulder and seize his wrist before he could close it fully. With a kick and twist of her hips, she flipped herself around and tugged at the wrist, sending the Kaleesh sprawling to the dirt.

She rose to her knees as she tugged his arm in tighter, and looked up at the crowd.

Over the masses, a giant among them, she could see her father watching. And she looked in his eyes as she put her knee on her opponent's cheek to force a surrender. He did not comply. She straightened herself up more, putting pressure on his arm and shoulder. He breathed heavier and kicked, twisted, tried to escape.

She twisted the arm the opposite direction and felt a sudden pop.

The pain was beyond screams, eliciting just a low whine as the shoulder popped from the socket. And Joycelyn dropped the useless arm, but did not remove her knee. She knew that by the rules she had not yet won, but she had also not done anything wrong. He had resisted and suffered the price. Now she leaned on the knee on his face, pressing him into the dirt to elicit surrender.

He refused.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Objective: Wrastle
Tags: Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano

The Emperor watched Joycelyn with a critical eye, scrutinizing her form down to every minute detail. She had trained at his hand many times, and he was pleased to have seen that she had not allowed her skills to deteriorate just because of her vaunted station in the Empire. Too many of his children had fallen into lethargy and opulence just because they enjoyed their father's privilege. That was all coming to an end, the Emperor was making the transition into severe austere utilitarianism as he rejected the most opulent aspects of his life. For too long he had surrounded himself with such brilliance, and he now believed that it had plagued his heart for some time.
No longer.
The finery disappeared bit by bit, wild and exorbitant decorative art replaced with reserved brutalism and stark minimalism. Bits and pieces still remained, but the Emperor had stripped himself of the gaudiest aspects. Even now, his hair held only a fraction of the jewels it had once adorned. Tattoos still marked his muscular torso, all of them sharp angular Sith runes down his arms and around his chest and back. Those huge arms now folded over his broad chest as he watched his daughter dislocate her opponent's arm, which was still not enough to force him into submission.
He nodded in respect, from one warrior to another, all the while keeping his eyes fixated on his daughter as she fought.

Leon Amun

The Murderhawke Mandalorian
Objective: Locate and explore the Sith Shadow Academy
Allies: Lord Venari Lord Venari , any who wish to join.

"One, If your mutt relieves itself on my ship, I'll have it fed to the nearest Rancor. Two, I'm sure the legion at Kaleela will get along just fine without you. The Emperor himself is participating and you can bet they will all be watching. Three, elucidation on what I regard as entertainment would be lost on you. Tell me, have you read a single book your entire life? Or is all of your off time spent on that IGW whatever,"

Leon gasped at the callous manner in which his best friend made those remarks. The Mandalorian knew that deep down inside Venari didn't actually feel the way he said he felt, he was just trying to get him to shut up. "Well, I know you know it's the IGWF, you just left off the F to hurt my feelings" The Murderhawke replied as he marched up the stairs of the academy. "B. I know you love Mira, I've seen you feed her people food. You might be a Sith but you aren't a monster" He gave his partner a friendly pat on the back with a chuckle "And Three" He said, mimicking his friend once again "You know I don't read! Why would I do that when I can listen to the Audiobook, or like the Holovid adaptation? Oh man, you've got Jokes today bud" Leon's chuckle turned to full blown laughter that echoed down and throughout the antechamber which ended with another hardy pat to Venari's back.

The magnificence of the ancient architecture and decorations was lost on the Mandalorian who cared for nothing more than to lay a smack down to pay tribute to the grand royale that was taking place within the confines of the city. Leon moved through the Antechamber, slowly following the one person in the group that wasn't grouchy: Venari's pet lizard who Leon had effectionately named "Mr.Snuggles, Destroyer of worlds".

"Have you found anything my sweet reptilian pwince? " Leon cooed at the Xalmiris as it gazed around into the darkness. A second later Mr. Snuggles hissed as a swarm of Kaleesh decended upon the pair. With one quick movement Leon snatched the destroyer of worlds up into his arms before jumping back to Venari, setting the lizard down where it was well protected "Stay between us Mr.Snuggles, The fight will be over soon "

"having enough fun yet?"

The Murderhawke drew his vibroaxe from his back his lightsaber from his hip, both sparking to life simultaneously. He turned slightly to look at Venari, a symbolic gesture since his helmet gave him a 360 degree view. "Not until you apologize" Leon replied before he leapt for, severing a Kaleesh's head with one mighty swing of his axe before bisecting another with the lightsaber "Just because you're in a bad mood does not give you the right to be mean to your friends" The armored giant chided the sith lord, putting his saber away to free up a hand to hold a Kaleesh still while two of his Ally's lightsabers punchered holes in it.

Objective: II Into the Unknown; accompany Saaraisash agents to investigate the large structure to the south.

It had been a massacre.
Even for the trainee Sith who were not to be armed with Lightsabers as their kin so often sported, the fight had been easily won and the village that the group had come upon now sat quiet and still.

The village itself was more of shackle collection of tents and makeshift buildings, all incorporated around a small gathering point that housed a strange totem that did not match any of the known sigils or runes that they had been briefed upon. It was everything you’d expect from a small rural settlement. Apart from the bodies.

The Kaleesh that housed themselves here had not been what would be considered civilised, in fact they were as feral as the housing they lived in. The Sith had entered the village in a state of calmness in order to get a feel for what was around them, the Kaleesh did not understand that their lives didn’t have to be lost and so lose them they did. The Cathar master had unleashed fury upon them all, his following pupils attacking with knife and blaster, yet none could reach the level of ferociousness that he had unleashed with his lightsaber and mastery of the force.

Now all that remained was one. A single survivor allowed to breath in the presence of the Sith because they chose him too. It would be he who would release answers.

“Acolyte Varen, if you would please aid me.” The Master called upon the Zygerrian yet again indicating to the wounded prisoner with a wave of his giant furred hand. “I have heard you hold a certain ability in reading. I would like to know what this creature knows of this place.”

Selendti stepped forward. She knew that she had to impress here.
Her slender form came to stop near the Kaleesh, taking in his smell. It was foul, like dead fish that had been left in the sun for too long. Yet it was not that which she seeked. Her hands came out to grab his head, claws fiercely pressing into his temples unfaltering despite his attempts to shake free.

“Find out what he knows.” The Cathar spoke again.

Selendti didn’t pause. She knew what she had to do.
So she broke his mind to get it.

Objective: Root Out Treachery

Most Sith coming down to Kalee were here to dominate the planet through honeyed words, or shows of force. Some were even here to plunder it’s tombs for the secrets of the past. Their Emperor himself had even come down to showcase the power and strength of the Sith. All of these were more than acceptable and even admirable ways to serve the Empire. But Viktoria was here for a different reason. One less flashy, less noble. To most, her task was a depressing and necessary evil. But to her, it was a great and distinct pleasure.

As her Scylla class Interceptor came down at the base of operations of Grey Company, the Inquisitor went over her objective one more time. There was a traitor within its ranks that had stolen valuable Imperial secrets, and was planning to sell them to the highest bidder. Most of the conspirators had already been caught and questioned by Viktoria herself, but the ringleader was still at large. They were smart. Covered their tracks, never told their underlings their identity. All she knew was that they were in Grey Company, in a position of authority. The rest was the fun part.

The soldiers stationed at the forward base on Kalee scrambled as her interceptor came down to land, and she disembarked, her cane held under her arm, her shoulder cape flapping in the wind. The Inquisitor stepped onto the ground of the planet, her burning eyes examining the scene. There was a Centurion approaching her, flanked by legionnaires.

“My Lord, we did not expect one of the Saaraishash here. We are still setting up operations, so our Legate-“

“Your Legate’s tasks can wait. I will see him. Now.”

Her Serennian accent was pronounced and posh, adding to her air of authority. The Centurion hesitated, then nodded.

“Of course, My Lord. Right this way.”

She followed behind the officer, carefully examining every detail of the base and its troopers. She committed them to memory, her theories about the situation already forming in her mind. The way they looked at her, the ones that kept her gaze, and the ones that dropped it. The ones that kept with their activities, and the ones that switched. All had their own stories, their own details. Their own mysteries.

The command building was ahead, and the Legate would be inside. And she could begin her investigation in earnest.

Joycelyn looked from her father to the rest of the crowd, while the kaleesh under her knee tried to push himself out from under her weight. She pulled his still working arm out from under him as he tried to tip himself around and out, and she swept away one of his feet when he almost got his knee under him. Her movements were precise, but casual. In her mind, she had won, but it was only the matter of him realising it.

Her eyes set on a group of female Kaleesh, and she could sense the connection between them. Her eyebrows lifted as she saw him reaching out to them, then scrambling again. They were his font of inspiration. He fought not just for the bragging rights, but for something she could truly respect: Devotion. His pride was his to give to his family if he fought bravely.

Joycelyn reached down to the front of his face and seized one of the chin tusks, then quickly shifted her weight from her knee to her foot as she pulled back. She tugged the warrior to her by his face, and met him with one swift hook to the jaw. As the fist connected and his face was turned the other way, she combined it with a straight from her left. Her fist connected with his chin. First there was an impact, resistance, then a give as the side of the jaw cracked and the head snapped to the side.

The warrior spun and fell to his knees. Just before he tipped forward, Joycelyn seized him by the shoulder.

She knew she could break him, and she relished in the thought, but she was not there to show the Kaleesh how easily or creatively she could break them one by one. She was there to show that she, and the Sith Empire by proxy, was a power to be reckoned with and admired.

So she wrapped her arm around his torso and carried him to the opposite side of the arena, then laid him down by the platform where he had so confidently entered. She tipped him on his side so blood wouldn't pool up in his throat. Then, she looked to the other warriors there.

No words were spoken.

Nothing needed to be said just then that she had not said with her fists. She turned her back on them, rolling her shoulders and striding back across the pit to where she had started. As she did, she cast a look over to her Father.

She had won one fight, but there were more fighters to come.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Objective: I - Silver Tongued Devils
Kit: Skystas Rieve iv Tave Daboti Dvasi
Allies: Hont Atellies Hont Atellies

Silence descended over the meeting hall as Legionnaire Bolt drew his blaster and levelled it at the lesser chieftain. Aerarii was responsible for the only sound which could be heard - a loud gurgling and gasping as he tried to draw air into his burning lungs. The Kaleesh left the bureaucrat high in the air by the throat and looked back at Hont.

“I could end his life before you could twitch your trigger.” For good measure he tightened his grip lightly, causing Tithe to cease kicking and focus what little strength he could on trying to pry open the lesser chieftains vice-like grip. His eyes appeared to bulge as he started to turn blue in the face.

“And yet… you remain steadfast.”

The Kileesh dropped Aerarii to the ground and stepped back, leaving the bureaucrat to gasp loudly for breath. “You would protect one of your own, even if it risked our negotiations.” The lesser chieftain hefted the conference table back into position and returned to his seat. “You know honour. You know the way of the Kaleesh.”

Aerarii, rubbing his red raw throat and clambered back to his chair. His head throbbed from the lack of oxygen, and he left as though he was seconds from losing his lunch all over the floor. Using his arms to steady at the table himself he leaned close to Hont. “Seal the deal.” All they needed now was an agreement to an oath of loyalty, which would be rendered to the Emperor or another senior Sith, and they would be done. The Consul did not want to be in the same room with these barbarians a moment longer than he had to.

Objective One: Cage Match
Post #2

The electricity arced around the whip in a chaotic dance. Cara threw her head back in sudden pain, falling to a knee as her legs buckled. She felt the Kaleesh tug the whip as he drew in its excess with a gauntlet-covered hand. He tread closer, keeping the whip taught in order to keep her arm restrained.

Circuit breakers or not, the surge still lent its bite to Cara's organic features, but she played into the pain. The act gave the Kaleesh a reason to get close and finish the disappointing fight. Herself barefoot, Cara felt each step the Kaleesh set upon the soil, his heft making his position obvious. The vibrations neared, his pace quickening with anticipation.

Close enough. She threw back her left shoulder, the whip-tangled arm pulling the Kaleesh forward a few steps. An iron grip seized the wrist which held the bullwhip and Cara pulled herself close to her opponent, spinning on her heel to plant a left elbow to his temple. The blow threw him back but she retained her grasp, heaving him over her shoulder and into the cage wall.

Clipped steps brought her over to him, and after tearing the viper from her arm she knelt down to put it about his neck. Interrupting her plan to drag him back to the center the Kaleesh kicked a leg out from under her then whirled about, slamming his gauntlet into her jaw.

Cara stumbled back and he rushed forward, slamming into her torso at an upward angle, raising her off the ground before reintroducing her back to the dirt.

The command building was still sparsely decorated, as befitting an operation just beginning to get underway. The Centurion showed her inside, and legionnaires carried crates through the pre-fabricated halls. While she could appreciate the purpose pre-fabricated architecture played in these military campaigns, Viktoria still absolutely detested the aesthetic of it. The uniform and smooth corners, the drab colors, the entire sense of temporary and manufactured comfort, it offended her sensibilities. But that was the difference between her and the Legion, wasn't it? Their purpose was to move planet to planet, killing and dying in the name of their Emperor, never staying in one place for long. Her purpose was higher.

The legate's office only had a desk and chairs in it, and some shelves for now. Evidently the Legate himself was still overseeing some of the deliveries coming to the base. The Inquisitor stalked around the desk, running two gloved fingers along its surface, listening closely to the squeal the material made against the piece, and examining the tips of her fingers.

"Fetch the Legate, Centurion."

The officer saluted her, and left her be. Good. She needed a moment to go over everything she knew about this legate, now. His name was Val Pavan. He was forty three standard years old, from Telos, and had a long and storied career in service to the Empire. Honored as a hero on three separate occasions. Had a family on Telos. A wife and four children, and his oldest was an acolyte at the Bastion Sith Academy. A great honor. A flawless man. Untouchable.

And yet, five of what most would consider his former pupils had so far been implicated in a plot to weaken the Empire and strengthen its enemies. So far, there was no evidence that they were supported by any of the other factions in the galaxy. There was plans, but they were independent. For now. Legate Pavan was the only link between these men, having played key roles in their careers for decades. All signs pointed to him being the mastermind of the plot, but the key still missing was motivation.

She inspected his desk and shelves closely, her cane tapping her arm as she thought. And she found it. Hidden among the holo-pictures on his shelves as a small compartment. It was a simple matter to use the Force and lift the cover, and pull the picture inside to her. It was recent. Pavan smiling as he held a young woman in a legionnaires uniform. How curious. She turned it over, and smiled.

Mala Prast. Fell in the line of duty. Gone, but never forgotten.

Ah, an affair then. Of course. But something else was bothering her. There was a boy in the picture. A small boy, maybe six years old. Was that- Oh.

Legate Pavan, you dirty dog.

The man himself entered just as she replaced the cover on the compartment.

"My Lord Inquisitor. I was not expecting your arrival. As far as I understood it, our role here on Kalee is a simple peacekeeping-"

"Never mind what you believe your role to be, Legate." She turned to face him, her gaze hard and stern, making the man shuffle uncomfortably. "The Legion has the situation more than under control. The Emperor himself is present on Kalee."

The Legate's eyes widened, and the Inquisitor watched beads of sweat form on his brow.

"The Emperor? Here on Kalee?"

Of course, the Emperor's presence had absolutely nothing to do with her investigation, and she wasn't even sure the Dark Lord was aware of it's existence, or cared to know. But he didn't have to know that.

"Indeed. We're pursuing a traitor to the Empire here on Kalee, among what we believed to be its loyal soldiers. There is a plot afoot."

The Legate narrowed his eyes at her. "What does that have to do with me or my men?"

"Simple. One of your men has a copy of valuable Imperial intelligence. I am going to find them, take it back, and punish them accordingly." Her burning Sith eyes met the Legates, and she waved a hand. Both of them could hear the door to the office locking behind them, the mechanism triggered by the Inquisitor's power.

"I have questions for you, Legate."

Objective: Root out treachery
When Mazrim Caide was told his transport was being rerouted and that he was being sent to Kalee to meet with an inquisitor, his heart nearly stopped beating. They couldn’t know...right? And if they did, why act on their knowledge now when they could use it to greater effect later? No, no there was no way they knew who he was. Quietly grumbling to himself that his leave had been cancelled but not daring to voice that out loud, he shrugged his armor on and readied his weapons as the transport landed on the backwater dung heap the empire decided they wanted. Why so many resources were being poured into this place was beyond him but that wasn’t his job. He was a soldier, and if there was one thing he was excellent at it was carrying out orders. So he hops off the ship with his weapons slung on his back and his helmet underneath his arm, he shrugs and wades through the locals who stare impassively at another imperial jackboot and the soldiers who recognize Mazrim Caide with a kind of nervous respect, and makes his way to the command building. Saluting the legionnaires who enter and showing his missive to the centurions, he is lead to a marked door. Mentally preparing himself to meet with an inquisitor, possibly the most dangerous thing he had ever done, he opens the door with steady hands and walks inside.
“Lady inquisitor, at the request for reinforcement and personal retainer, Legionaire Mazrim Caide reporting for duty.” Mazrim speaks with his usual air of professionalism and competence and salutes Viktoria Anetheas Viktoria Anetheas , and stays saluting until he receives an order to be at ease. Can never be too careful when talking to an inquisitor when you’re a traitor in the making, after all.

Last edited:

Tag: Mazrim Caide/Taim Mazrim Caide/Taim

"How long did you have an affair with Decurion Mala Prast?"

The Legate was sitting at his desk, and the Inquisitor stalked around him, slowly smacking the end of her cane against her hand, watching him flinch every time the end came down. The man balked, staring at her in shock. It was clear he had not expected her to know about the affair. Honestly, he should have known to install far better security measures for his secrets than small hidden compartments.

"How the hell did you-"

The Legate jumped in his chair as she brought down the cane onto the desk, slamming the head hard enough to leave a small dent.

"That is your first violation. You have two remaining. Answer the question, Legate."

He swallowed thickly, but their attention was grabbed by the entrance of another man. Finally.

"You're late. I am not some weak willed woman that needs to be coddled with special titles and graces. You will call me my lord, like any other Inquisitor. Do I make myself clear?"

She did not wait for his answer, gesturing to the man in the chair.

"If this man goes for his blaster, shoot him."

Legate Pavan glared at him, but he did not protest.

"I had an affair with the Decurion for eight years. Since she joined my unit, until she died at Kintan."

Viktoria nodded, seeming to think on that for a few moments.

"I assume your wife and family are unaware. Just as they are unaware of your son with her."

Once more, the Legate cringed, looking like a broken and defeated man.

"How did you find out?"

The Inquisitor smiled, and her gaze flicked to Mazrim for just a moment.

"No treachery can be hidden from the Inquisition, Legate. We find everything with time. Your mistress died, and suddenly you had a son you had to hide, and nowhere to put him. You couldn't go to your family, you couldn't go to your commanders. So you went to your colleagues. And they convinced you to betray the Empire."

The man was beginning to panic, breathing hard and sweating.

"I didn't betray anyone! I swear!"

"That's your second violation. Lie to me again, and you will face the full wrath of a Sith. Legate Caide. Do you have any idea the ways in which a Sith can inflict pain and torment upon an individual?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom