Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion A Show of Strength (TSE Dominion of Kalee)

Tag: Viktoria Anetheas Viktoria Anetheas
Caide stands at ease as he is addressed and if that look un nerves him gives no sign, silently thanking his fortune and anything else he could think of that her ire was currently directed at the legate behind the desk. She was beautiful, but in the way a viper or an ornate dagger was beautiful: one wrong move, and you would be dead on the floor. Still, he meets her eyes with his one unflinchingly. If there was one thing he could do, it was control his fear.
"Yes my lord, I have seen them work before." He turns to the terrified legate with no sympathy in his eye, "You would be wise to remember that traitors are very rarely given a chance to plead their case. Take this opportunity, or I will very likely be burying what is left of you hours from now when she is done."
He stares for a second "You- You're Mazrim Caide...what are you doing here? I-I thought this was just a pacification detail?"
Mazrim's face does not change in the slightest on being recognized. "I suggest you focus less on your own curiosity and more on the lord inquisitor's, legate."
Seemingly done speaking, Mazrim simply goes back to standing at ease, silently awaiting orders with one hand casually resting atop his holstered blaster pistol, his helmet set at his feet, his eye focused on the legate's hands, waiting for even the slightest twitch. The last thing he needed was the attention that being in the room when an inquisitor was shot would bring.

Last edited:

Objective: Root Out Treachery
Tag: Mazrim Caide/Taim Mazrim Caide/Taim

"Thank you, Legate Caide. Now be a good dog and keep your eye on him. If he shoots me, you're next."

The Inquisitor ran the tip of her cane along the desk, stopping as it landed on Pavan's hand. There was a moment of silence, and Pavan continued to sweat and shake, clearly afraid.

"I am going to make it simple for you, Legate. You are a soldier. I know you place little value on your own life, so I am not going to threaten your life, as it would be a waste of time and breath. However, I know you care for your family, and you care for your men. If you continue this charade, and do not confess to your treason, then I will not kill you. I will ensure that all of Grey Company is assigned to the frontier, and sent on operations that will result in entire unit casualties. I will ensure that your wife is arrested for heinous crimes, and sent to our most dangerous and grueling prison. I will ensure that your secret son is taken and raised to despise you and his mother. I will ensure that your public children are blacklisted and shall never find success, doomed to poverty and misery. And I will take your Sith daughter at the Academy as my own apprentice, and teach her what a spineless and two-faced coward you are. Then, and only then, when your legacy is ash, will I allow you to die."

She allowed a moment of tense silence as the legate took that information in, staring down at his hand, and the cane touching it.

"But, if you admit your treachery, tell me where the data is, and name any other accomplices you may have had, then I will kill you, and only you. Your family will be spared. Your men will be spared. I will even ensure your secret son is sent to a good orphanage on Bastion, and taken care of."

Pavan was silent, flexing his hands into fists. "How do I know I can trust you?"

Viktoria cocked her head, clearly annoyed by the question.

"What an absolutely idiotic question. What choice do you have? None. The only reason I'm extending this offer at all is because of your heroic service to our Empire. Whatever good will I have towards you is very quickly fading, Legate. Make your choice."

The legate took in a deep breath, and he made his choice.

"Rot in the Netherworld, Sith. The Empire doesn't care about people like me." He looked right at Mazrim. "And they don't care about you. Mala was a good woman, and a good soldier, and they sent her to die. We're grunts to these Sith. Pawns. Usable. Disposable. You think she-"

The heavy head of the cane came down on the back of his head, a sharp and meaty impact. Once. Twice. Three times. "You stupid, idiotic, ungrateful traitor! I gave you an opportunity, and you squander it?!" Any sense of calm had left her, and all she could see was red. Red rage. She grasped him by the hair, pulling up the dazed Legate to look her in the eye. "Fine. You want to try and play games with me? See where that gets you."

Viktoria was an accomplished mentalist, useful in her line of work. Though she usually tried to negotiate first, she had no problem tearing information directly from people's minds. She enjoyed it, even. Such as now, she couldn't help but have a smile on her face as the legate screamed, his mind scrambled as she tore through it for the information she was looking for. When she found it, she released the now whimpering husk of a man.

The Inquisitor took a moment to adjust her now ruffled clothes, clearing her throat.

"Legate Caide. Shoot him. I'm done with him. Then we're going to find the man holding the data."

She kept an eye on him, to see how he dealt with this scenario. No one was above suspicion, especially not someone who had turned down promotion after promotion despite stellar and excellent service. Would he hesitate to execute a traitor? Was his name going to go in Viktoria's black book?

Tag: Viktoria Anetheas Viktoria Anetheas
Caide watches the man scream and writhe with no change in expression, his face retaining the same rugged and stoic countenance it had when he first entered, and when the order comes he does not flinch. He does not hesitate. In one fluid motion, his weapon flows out of its holster, and he aims and fires, the shot scorching a path through the center of his skull, slightly to the left. A perfect kill shot, angled to destroy any and all motor and subconscious function. His pistol goes back into its holster with the same well oiled efficiency as his hands go straight back to their original position, obviously an action he has performed countless times. The entire process takes perhaps one second. Neither his face nor his mind show any obvious changes at having executed a defenseless soldier, and yet a knot of something tightens in his mind. Not something malignant, more just...cold. Whatever it is, he seems to have grown nearly immune to it, like someone who can no longer feel ice in their hand. He looks to the woman, and his one working eye glints with the same efficiency and confidence in his own skill. "Would you have me dispose of the body, or is there another task you would rather have performed my lord?" His tone is as stoic and unflinching as his appearance, adding to his aura of a quiet and deadly storm. He makes absolutely sure to think about nothing but his current mission under the sith empire, his past missions, everything you would think to find in the mind of a war hero. But he cannot hide one thing. While it doesn't scream of treachery nor reveal specifics, his mind would make one thing clear. Whatever it is that motivates Mazrim to excel in the line of duty, whatever makes him into such a ruthlessly efficient soldier, it is not patriotism. He does not hate the empire, but he is not a loyalist of the sith. He runs a hand through his slightly unruly grey/blond hair, the only sign that he is perhaps not as endlessly patient as he seems as he awaits an answer from the inquisitor.

Last edited:
As Joycelyn reached the other side of the pit, she grabbed a bottle set there by a trusted legionnaire and gulped down a few swallows of water. Just as the liquid settled in her, she heard the cage close on the other side and her head turned just in time to see Kaleesh coming to hail her.

"You!"

Joycelyn expected to see fists and aggression, but she had not expected to see the blade-tipped blaster pointed at her.

"You are not welcome here." She waved the blaster, finger nestled on the trigger. "Take your four ships and your Sith and go away. Let Kaleesh be Kaleesh."

Joycelyn straightened a bit, her head going from a side-cocked position to perfectly upright. Her eyes widened a bit in alertness, but despite her sudden state of alert, she did not show signs of fear.

"Let Kaleesh be Kaleesh." Joycelyn repeated, a smile cocking on her lips as she looked down in the dirt and adjusted the hair by her left ear. The smile turned to a chuckle as she shook her head and looked back up at the one threatening her.

"To be Kaleesh is to be strong." She took a step forward. "To be Sith is to be strong." Another step. "Don'-"

Bang.

The blaster went off just as Joycelyn was about to make her third statement, and as the blast struck her, she took half a step back, covering her abdomen with her hands. She stared down at her hands, a look of focus and concentration. Her sun-kissed complexion grew slowly paler as her veins darkened near eyes and neck. Her hands opened and red spilled out. Rather than blood, it was red light. A light held between her hands, kept perfectly in place less than an inch from her chiselled abdomen.

The light shrunk slowly as red sparks flew from it to her fingertips. It writhed between her hands as if in agony, then was finally extinguished. Only then did Joycelyn look up, hatred glowing in her eyes, and a smile once more growing on her lips. She leapt forward with renewed vigour as her opponent pulled the trigger again. The shot blasted the sand, sending pieces of black glass tumbling out from its crater. Another hit the cage, breaking and twisting a bar, but Joycelyn closed the distance. The Kaleesh thrusted with the blade, causing Joycelyn to pivot out of the way and lose momentum, then swept up at the face of the unarmed Sith.

When it swept up, Joycelyn stepped to the side and in. Her hands seized the long blaster rifle, one hand seized the kaleesh's front hand, and one further up the barrel. She thrusted it back toward the ground, then swung it up and down, twisting it out of the kaleesh's rear hand, and twisting the wrist of their front hand while the butt of the blaster rested on their armpit. All was done in a single, forceful moment, which was finalised when she stepped forward and made a circular motion with the blaster to trip her opponent forward and onto their back.

She turned the blaster so the bayonette threatened their throat.

"The strong lead." She thrust the bayonette down, causing only the barest trickle of blood from the side of the warrior's neck. "The weak follow." She let go of the blaster and extended a hand as one final show of good faith. "The unworthy die."

Objective: Observe
Tags: Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano

Carnifex's eyes followed his daughter as she won her bout, approval twinkling amidst the halos of molten copper. He moved through the crowd, an easy enough feat given his size, to meet with his daughter on the other side of the ring. However, all came to a grinding halt the moment a blaster was pulled on Joycelyn. The anger from the Emperor was quite palpable, even for those not ingratiated to the ways of the Force. There was a strong temptation to bound across the remaining distance between himself and his daughter, and smash the offending Kaleesh into a grimy pulp in the sand.
But he stood still, restraint shackling his more impulsive desires.
And so he watched, his eyes narrowing as they stared directly at the Kaleesh. He could see the trigger being pulled before it even happened, and his body was already in motion. Fortunately for the Kaleesh, Joycelyn had anticipated the same maneuver and caught the bolt before it had struck home. Then she lunged at the Kaleesh and effortlessly disarmed them with a single graceful motion. Now pinned, Joycelyn turned the weapon against them and levied the bladed tip of the bayonet against their bare throat. Most would have driven it home and let them bleed out on the sand, the Emperor included, but Joycelyn showed that the Empire could be just as merciful as it was domineering.
Smiling, the Emperor moved to stand next to his daughter and look down upon the Kaleesh, "The Kaleesh I knew were warriors, proud and honorable. Such strength is to be respected, not wasted on futile gestures. Those who join the Empire would not be subjugated, they would be elevated to heights hitherto unforeseen. Stand tall and know that the galaxy will tremble at the sight of you."

Objective: Fight!

Her final fight pitted her against two Kaleesh warriors. Outnumbered, she needed to fight with wisdom and care; denying her two opponents to flank or outmaneuver her, less she falls in the match. It was hard pressed for her to take the offensive when majority of the match chained her to defensive techniques. Always moving, never staying to long in one spot, Mikilanna was exerting more energy than she desired. Every time she blocked an attack, again she was forced to retreat before countering when the other warrior took advantage of her stationary position. Odds of success were against her, continuously dropping.

Making her first true mistake in the fight, she attempted a counter punch after a block; only to catch the balled fist from the other square against her left jaw. Staggering about, she caught a kick to the midsection from another, followed by another strike to her face. The three quick attacks dropped her to the dirt. Struggling to return to her feet while catching her breath, again she was hit in double succession. She was down but not out. Briefly her two opponents backed off, sizing her up for the finish. She was down but not out.

Snapping her head toward the warriors, flashing her fangs, she slowly stood up removing her clothes. Exchanging confused looks, looks mirrored by the crowd, all they could do was watch in bewilderment. With the final clothing shed, she began to transform into her cat form. Rows of sharp heavy spikes began protruding out her back, granting her protection and heightened defense. Her hands, like her body, began morphing nearly quadrupling in size; with her sharp claws extracting out and reaching seven inches in length. Her body completed the change with the last of the fur engulfing it, as her feline cat fangs extracted down past her lower jaw. Even in her massive cat form, she held the same level of conscious as she did in human-like form.

In an unforeseen turn of events, the rules of the match changed. The warriors, during the finishing of the transformation process, armed themselves with durasteel vibroswords. Collectively, they charged the massive cat. In non-kitty state, she already possessed blinding speed; now as a cat that was heightened even further, mingled with exceptional strength. Mikilanna stayed put, letting the two close the gap and when they got close, she whipped around slashing out her massive tree trunk tail at them; knocking them both to the ground. Placing a massive paw on each of the chests, pinning them to the ground, she roared with triumph. If this was a death match, the arena would have flowed with Kaleesh blood.

Objective: II - Into the Unknown (Explore the Tomb of Brahk Eer Halg)
Writing With: AMCO AMCO | Rabbit Rabbit | Anybody Else
Post Number: III

[COLOR=(145, 20, 10)]”Indeed. This is truly a… remarkable palace you have here. The design just simply inspires reverence and demands respect and fear of your Dread Sovereign. I applaud the architects who constructed this.”[/COLOR] As Aagenti spoke, he did his best to seem awed and wowed by the ruins that surrounded the party as they moved forward, his hands clasped at the small of his back and his stride slow yet rhythmic, a trained gait to be used when around nobility or snobby CEOs. At this day and age in the galaxy, there was very little different between how they both acted.

Continuing forward, Aagenti would keep up his swagger and stance, looking through the dusty hallways, reading the air all around them that was cleanly permeated by the influence of the Dark magic of the ancient warlord. He felt the power filling his thoughts with a dangerous lure, growing stronger as he walked alongside the ancient phantasm. He wondered how many others had braved these halls, how many had failed, and how many more would fail if he and Adrian failed in this task. However, though, he kept himself above the wave by turning his thoughts to a different matter, as he allowed the spirit to continue onwards through the hallways.

”Adrian, I must once again thank you for letting me join you on your yacht. It was a most comfortable and lovely journey and stay, and I enjoyed getting to spend some time getting to know you just a tiny bit better.” As he spoke, Aagenti would allow his gait to shift again, the smile in his face moving from forced to more natural, and his step having somewhat of a distracting flourish to it. To Aagenti there was no real focus or thought put into it, it was just something that came all on its own, though in the dim light of the hallways it would’ve been much harder to notice were it not for the dim light of his red, luminous tattoos shining through his robes.

The deeper they went, the more Aagenti aimed to entertain only the spirit in the facade of his sycophantic attitude, occasionally keeping an eye out around them while the group traveled onwards. Even he could not feel the resonant frequencies of the Dark Side of the Force, and it eventually culminated in a wave that washed over him and his thoughts, temporarily dragging his thoughts from himself. With a raised hand, he would motion for the group to stop, squinting as he tried to look about.

”I’d advise the mercenaries take a look around before we move ahead, I have a feeling that something that doesn’t belong was planted here… a trap, if you would.” Aagenti would look to the two soldiers, motioning with a nod of his head to send them and the two mercenaries forward to inspect the route and see what could be waiting. There were new presences all around, foreign but akin to the spirit that had stopped with them and took a look at them now all with a strange expression.

”Nothing to worry about, good seneschal! Just a ritual from my homeland when visiting royalty. I’d go into it, but you don’t seem the type to be interested in rituals… though, if you are interested, I’d be more than happy to share some of the more interesting ones.” Lord Aagenti would draw closer to the spirit with a wink, cocking his hip out and motioning a hand once again for the others to continue ahead, before planting the hand on his hip. Despite his attempts to make for idle conversation earlier, he began to be wary over the spiritual power that was held in this place. He felt sure in Adrian’s ability to decipher and protect them from the unseen, but there were limits to all things, even Sith Sorcery.

Objective: Explore the Sith Shadow Academy
Allies: Leon Amun Leon Amun , any who wish to join.

Decayed flesh and bone yielded to the Sith Lord's many blades. The undead swarm were within as the battered rainstorm was without. An unending rain drenching all beneath it. A field of dancing crimson light hacked, maimed, and dismembered their growing numbers. But, again and again the creatures would pull themselves up, scurry over mutilated limbs and age-old debris, and press their assault.

"Just because you're in a bad mood does not give you the right to be mean to your friends"

""Friends" is a very strong word," the Sith Lord retorted, "now if you would concentrate on the matter at hand. It would be much appreciated."

Three of the rampant beasts charged, swinging their clawed digits at Venari. A turn of the wrist followed by a quick slash saw their arms removed. The Sith Lord would not let up. A floating saber bisected the first of the trio vertically as Venari trailed behind the attack. With a combination of Jung Ma and Sai the second Kaleesh was returned to ground. Venari whipped his free hand forward placing it on the third withered corpse's chest, and with a telekinetic blast the creature blew into a wall where it exploded into chunks.

Overconfidence and unfounded assumption led to the deaths of many Sith, many Empires before the era of Chaos. Venari endeavored to avoid their mistakes. Kalee would see him err in his ways.

At the edges of his periphery - color drained from the world until every minute detail had been obscured. The entirety of the world peeled away and faded to darkness. Sound itself had been robbed leaving only absolute silence.

Venari opened his eyes to a place that wasn't the temple. It was devoid of both the reanimated Kaleesh and his Sith-Mando ally. He looked down to phrik gloves and black robes that were his, but he was most assuredly not occupying a place within the physical. Rather the Sith Lord was being carried away by the sea of the force.

A world of color exploded around him. An altar boomed into existence sitting atop a long staircase and surrounded by half a dozen large torches. Two figures stood beside it. One was a Kalee native, a Kaleesh adorned in gold plated armor encrusted with various jewels. The other, a more familiar form clad in dark robes with a small electrical current arcing from one finger to another.

"Where am I? And who are the two of you?" Venari asked.

The duo looked to each other before shifting their gaze back to Venari.

"We are the past. We are the present. We are you. We are all. In unity, we'll be made whole," they spoke in unison, their eyes taken by a dark void.

Within the temple, Venari came to a knee as his weapon clattered against the ground. The Kaleesh that had lost its legs a moment prior dug the claws of its remaining arm into the Sith Lord's ankle. Still the swarm grew and while Venari's body was present, his mind was somewhere else entirely.

Last edited:

Viktoria watched the execution with little in the way of emotion, her eyes watching the soldier closely. There was much suspicion surrounding him in her mind. It was no secret looking at his record that he had turned down several promotions to higher offices in the Legion, and had never given a very adequate reason she could find in his records. The Empire was well known to reward excellence, and here he was, turning down these rewards. Viktoria was a suspicious person by nature, and she wasn't done with Mazrim Caide yet.

"That will not be necessary, Legate. Come with me. I know the name of the man we're looking for. We shall retrieve our data, and be off this world. I do not believe our presence on it is necessary for much longer."

She waved her hand, the door to the office opening. The Centurion stood outside, and glanced past her to the smoking corpse of his commanding officer. He swallowed dryly.

"My Lord. Is there anything else Grey Company can do for you?"

She stared at him just long enough to make him sweat, then smiled pleasantly. All of the rage, malice, and intimidation had been replaced with friendly warmth.

"Relax, Centurion. You have performed well. Rather, I should say Legate, shouldn't I? I'll see that the proper paperwork is done upon my return to Bastion."

The man blinked, and swallowed again. "T-Thank you, My Lord. I shall make sure that I do not squander your good will."

"Good, Legate, good. If I have need of you, I trust that I can call upon you."

She did not wait for his answer, stalking past him and into the halls of the base. They were looking for Legionnaire Nej Vanda, a young man only recently signed up with the Empire's military. It was a shame that the now deceased Pazan had dragged him into this plot, but the integrity of the Empire had to be upheld, no matter the cost. They found the young man sitting on a crate, with two of his associates. The inquisitor took in the situation, and whispered to her companion.

"If this goes violent, I will handle the boy. You take his comrades."

She stalked forward, tapping her cane against her palm to draw their attention. "Legionnaire Naj Vanda. I require to speak with you. Immediately."

The young man looked at them for a moment, sweating, and decided he would go down fighting. He reached for his blaster, and that was the opportunity Viktoria was waiting on. As she entrusted Caide to deal with the two other traitors, she whipped the head of her cane off, activating the short crimson lightsaber with a snap-hiss, and dashed forward, the plasma screaming as it burned through his neck, his smoking head rolling on the floor. The two other troops were going for their blaster pistols, but not very quickly.

Mazrim silently bristled like a cornered dog at the implication that he would be staying around the inquisitor. Not good. He opened his mouth to tell her of his imminent assignment to yet another lengthy and dangerous front line campaign when she informed him of her plan. So, it was more killing then. That knot tightens a little more. It was a good thing, killing he could do. Killing was familiar, as easy as breathing for a veteran like himself. As they approached the soldiers, little more than fresh recruits by the look of them, he could already tell there would be trouble as Viktoria Anetheas Viktoria Anetheas spoke to the young Naj Vanda. He inwardly sighed as he saw the familiar dilation in the young man's pupils. "don't do it." he didn't dare say the words out loud, but he wished he could scream them. His eyes narrowed as the boy's hand dropped, Mazrim about to go for his blaster and take him down against orders, but the inquisitor reacted first...she reacted first. Mazrim recovered from his shock The soldier's head rolled to the floor, and he saw his unfortunate comrades go for their blasters. His instinct to complete his orders and protect his commanding officer took over, and his pistol flew from its sheath to sear through the frontal lobe of the man on the left in a running shot as he slammed his shoulder into the other man, cracking the recruit's chest armor with the force before grabbing the reeling cadet's blaster arm and brutally snapping it at the elbow. The threat to the inquisitor Neutralized, he moved at a relaxed pace behind the sobbing man and put him in a choke hold.
"Please don-"
He never has a chance to finish the sentence as Legionaire Caide effortlessly breaks his neck with a resounding crack like splintering wood. His job done, he stands and ensures his face has lost all traces of the adrenaline chasing expression he knew he had been wearing, returning to his calm and composed neutral expression, his green eye staring calmly at the inquisitor, ignoring the nervous murmuring and shuffling of the onlookers that had just witnessed the pair take out three armed soldiers seemingly without anything more than a token effort.
"Orders my lord? As word reached command that my leave has been postponed, I have been assigned to a pacification campaign through some of the outer territories. They will expect me to be on time."

Last edited:
“Learn to obey before you command”
Objective: Silver Tongued Devils
Allies:
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

“Seal the deal.”

Hont’s brain kicked into overdrive at this statement. Never before had he had this sort of epiphany when talking, but only when on the... Battlefield! That’s it!

“You want to protect your families, brothers, sons, daughters, wives. The galaxy contains many threats to your existence! You want to protect those that you dearly love, you want to prove yourself on the field of battle? Then you must join The Sith Empire. For your honour demands it, for your glory beckons it, for your families need it. Many seek to kill or undermine your people, your families, your children. But not us, NOT THE SITH EMPIRE! They can take your weapons, they can take your bodies, but if you join up with us, then they can never TAKE YOUR FAMILIES!”

Hont cried out for them to speak to there souls, there minds about this. The battlefield, that was his solution. If he wants to talk to people he needs the adrenaline, he needs to feel as if he is inspiring his men in battle.

Now he has inspired more then his men. He has learnt that he must feel the adrenaline of war, if he wants to talk about peace.

Writing With: Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano | AMCO AMCO
Post Number: III

This whole ghost thing was still really harshing her mellow. She had a lot of confidence in her view of the universe and her place within it, and now all of that confidence was gone. Ghosts were real. The Force was real. Everything she had ever known was basically small and unimportant, now. You know. No big deal or anything. She was so focused on freaking out, she hardly noticed when they had to stop. Gahvin was poking at her.

"Hey! You hear me? We gotta check for traps."

"Traps? Uh, alright. Yeah. Sure. I can do that."

The two mercenaries moved ahead, Rabbit using her salvager's eye to look out for anything out of the ordinary or that could be dangerous, while Gahvin rambled on.

"You're not staying calm, girl. I told you, everything is fine. We stay calm, we escort the wizards, and we get paid. Simple. Easy. Stick with me, kid, and we'll go far. I have another job out in Wild Space we can do after this-"

His rambling had made him move ahead of her, and Rabbit was far too intimidated by him and the entire situation to say anything. Until her eye saw it. A small uneven stone, that he was absolutely about to step on.

"Gahvin! You're-"

She didn't have the opportunity to warn him. He stepped on the stone, and the sound of a mechanism being triggered hit her ears. From the wall, a long blade swung out, and cleaved the man in half at the waist. Rabbit was so close to him, parts of him splattered onto her. Her eyes were wide. He was just there. Just a second ago. And now he. . . He was. . .

She leaned down, and vomited onto the floor, shaking. She gagged and vomited as she stared at the severed corpse of her traveling partner, in complete shock.

Well. They found the trap at least.

Objective: BYO (Introduction)

I

The crossing to Kalee had killed twelve of my brothers and sisters. It was the way with the training ships, where those who showed promise would be moved from places of darkness and shadow to be tested against whatever their master deemed necessary. The entire ship’s superstructure seemed to bleed with the Darkside stain of death.

Yet within these steel holds, we trained on, illuminated by candle and emergency lighting. Trained to see with our minds not our eyes. The usual sounds of a working warship that would echo through any other corridor and chamber were absent from our life. We lived in the world of silence, our footsteps judged by trained ears that would strike out at any who did not strive to remain unheard.

In the silence between all we would hear was their weeping.

For two days and three hours after we had entered Hyperspace, we continued on our paths, blind and deaf, it was now that the air filters turned off. We all drew in deep, horrible breaths of the refiltered oxygen knowing that soon it would be befouled by toxic-laden air forced upon us for the remainder of the trip.

Our lives were hard, impossible even.
But we were alive.

Many however were not. Failed Acolytes were not blessed or mourned. Instead droids would move silently amongst us removing the bodies to be fed to the engine reactors, to serve the Sith Empire one last time - as fuel.

There were those of us who had no choice on taking this life, yet even those that did knew there was no going back. Their souls were no longer theirs to own. They belonged to our Master now.

And unfortunately for us, to him we were nothing but cattle to slaughter.

Finally however Our Master's command did come to us.

"All prepare for inspection."

Objective: I - Silver Tongued Devils
Kit: Skystas Rieve iv Tave Daboti Dvasi
Allies: Hont Atellies Hont Atellies

Aerarii smiled as Legionnaire Atellies delivered one of the inspiring speeches he was quickly becoming known for. By evoking imagery of conflict and glory he tapped into the deepest beliefs and fears of the Kaleesh warrior species. Tithe could have sat with them for months detailing the financial benefits of aligning themselves with the Sith Empire and still would not have won them over.

“There just remains the small matter of formalities,” the bureaucrat explained. This could prove to be the more challenging part of the day - the proud Kaleesh chieftain would have to swear an oath of fealty to the Emperor himself. It would be interesting to see how the chieftain responded to such a request.

Not that he had much choice - if the chieftain refused to kneel he would be dealt with, as would he successors, until someone was found who would take the oath.

A small procession of those close to the chieftain was assembled and made its way through the dusty streets of Kaleela. At the edge of the capital the procession mounted up, with the Kaleesh clambering onto antique looking machines of war and the Sith-Imperials climbing into repulorcraft. The convoy sped into the wilds of Kalee.

The journey came to a stop a short time later at one of the many training camps that littered the surface of Kalee. With the Legionnaires wearily dismounted and surveyed their surroundings for possible threats, the Kaleesh moved swiftly toward the centre of the gladiatorial arena that served as the focus point for the camp.

As they approached the arena a blaster shot rang out, causing Kaleesh and Sith-Imperials alike to surge forward toward the arena. They arrived to find the Princess of Dromund Kaas in the process of disarming her attacker in the main fighting ring. The Emperor watched on, commenting that those who joined him would enjoy conquest and glory rather than find themselves in chains.

Aerarii could not have organised a better introduction.

“Your Imperial Majesty,” Tithe said with a bow and the flourish of his hand. “May I introduce Jylrilaani kael Shyr, Conqueror of the Northern Realms and Chieftain of Kaleela. He speaks on behalf of the Council of Chieftains.”

Viktoria de-activated her lightsaber and replaced the hilt as the head of her cane, twirling it back under her arm as her bodyguard took care of the other traitors, though she did not pay it much attention. It was a simple task, and he was more than capable of handling it. Her interest was in the now smoldering corpse of Naj Vanda, the young legionnaire. If the memories she had taken from the former Legate had been correct, then the boy should have the data she was searching for on his person.

She knelt by the body, her detective's mind at work. If she were in his shoes, where would she have hidden a data stick? In the pockets? No, that would be far too obvious, even for someone this simple minded. She was working with someone that had the life experience and wisdom of a new recruit into the infantry. Wide-eyed, idealistic. Inexperienced. And it came to her.

She flicked her hand, and the boy's boot slid off, revealing the data stick secured to his ankle with adhesive. She beckoned, and the Force brought the stick to her hand. She stood as Caide spoke to her, placing the stick into her coat. She ran a hand through her hair, ensuring that any stray strands were in proper place. She had to look good for her presentation of her findings to Bastion.

She turned to face the soldier, her Sith eyes burning into him. She allowed a moment of silence to pass.

"Of course, Legate Caide. You have performed exceptionally." She withdrew an outdated black notebook from her coat, and scribbled something down in it. "I shall be taking a great interest in your career, Caide." She snapped the book closed, and smiled at him. "Rest assured, my eye shall be upon you."

And with that, she brushed past him, headed to her ship. Her business on this backwards world was complete.

Objective: BYO (Introduction)

II

Our ship was under the absolute command of Darth Haust, his position within the Sith Empire affording him such luxuries as a full scale warship, but the operational duties were overseen by Captain Amadeus Telssoon, one of the longest serving human aides to Darth Haust and by extension the Sith Assassins, even if he wasn’t aware of their existence. It was Telssoon that had gathered us for inspection, gathering my brothers, my sisters and I to the bridge.

Haust was there, his presence a split in the Force that we all feared and respected more then we would ever care to admit. He mused over us, standing in a perfect line, he would occasionally pause in front of one of us, pulling at hair or moving faces. He was inspecting us like a farmer choosing animals from a market, such cold disregard for anything that resembled the persons we were.

He paused before me, eyes like fire commanded my attention. I could feel them in my head, ripping and tearing through the mental defences I had raised with the force, he was trying to find weakness, something he could manipulate and call me out for. I would ensure that there was none. Nothing.

He stood back, what I took as a look of acceptance on his alien face before he moved onwards to the next in the line. I made sure that I did not breath yet. He would be able to tell if I did.

Finally, at last he reached the end of the line. Then Haust, seemingly finished with his ideas of inspection of the masses raised his hand and with complete disregard to those before him released trails of blue death. The smell that filled the bridge was fresh out the nightmares that haunt my sleeping hours. It crackled and snapped across the bodies of those that our Dark Master deemed unworthy of his continued attention.

The screams faded and the electrical static in the air disappeared, leaving its toll on those who were around me. Now I stood with only two of my bother’s. The rest lay dead on the floor, soon to be fed to the engine furnaces and forgotten about by all.

“You three will be tolerated.” Haust stated. Then he left the command deck with no further acknowledgement as he passed. He knew we were lifebound to him now and with his decision had made us the most valuable beings on the ship.

I knew that we were anything but safe, a life of chosen servitude was sometimes far worse then one of a hidden slave.

Objective One: Cage Match
Post #3

Well that was quite fething enough. No sooner had both their bodies collided onto the soil were Cara's arms executing her desire. With the great speed common for the metal limbs she slammed both fists into the side of the Kaleesh's head. It wasn't the blow one would normally receive with such a move, as she didn't seek to air his mind more than stun him. He jerked in reaction, pain evident in his grimacing face. Her fists remained where they were, his head stuck between the politely nonlethal vice.

With the sudden spin of her torso she deposited his body into the grit of the arena. She rose to her feet, stepping over his back to reach down and pull him up by the chin.

The Kaleesh gave a rasp as Cara began to steer his chin to the side. She didn't look down as he clawed at her grip, instead scanning the crowd with what could be deemed as Sith indifference. In fact she was making an example of the moment. Her arms, severe and tireless, were examples of her technology; Imperial technology. Such was the steadfast will of the Empire and its strength. Once it seized its target it could not be swayed by weak attempts of defiance.

His chin was steadily pulled to the side. Another half centimeter, that's all it would take.

She let go.

The Kaleesh sunk into the dirt, trawling his arm through the loose soil to search for his neck. Cara gave a bidding glance to the attendants from the rival's side of the cage. She knelt down beside him, laying a hand on his shoulder as she asked in broken Kaleesh, "You are well?" A dry cough was the answer before he passed out. Good. She was concerned she had been too rough.

She plodded away as they drug him out, her fingers exploring the small electrical burns under her chin. The gate closed, and as she turned around two combatants stood in mirror pose.

The crowd cheered their new favorites, and Cara prepped herself for another round.

“Learn to obey before you command”
Objective: Silver Tongued Devils
Allies:

“Your Imperial Majesty,” Tithe said with a bow and the flourish of his hand. “May I introduce Jylrilaani kael Shyr, Conqueror of the Northern Realms and Chieftain of Kaleela. He speaks on behalf of the Council of Chieftains.”

Hont, Beside the superior Consul, bowed as well. It was always of great pride to be able to speak face to face with the emperor. Then the chieftain opened his mouth.

“We, on behalf of our people, would like to begin a new age. A new age where we can fight across the galaxy and spread word of our honour and glory. Your men here have shown true loyalty and respect towards you and others in your staff, even if it would destroy the purpose of why they were there. It is with great pleasure that we seek to begin an alliance with The Sith Empire, so that you may protect us, and we may protect you.”

The Chieftain stood firm, his people watching every word come from his mouth. Hont grabbed his weapon and turned to face the sun. He did it, with the Consul he managed to convince Aliens in a peaceful manor. He was going to be promoted.

He did it. He got a promotion. He got into a call with the officer who sent him on the mission.

“You have done well, you and the Consul? Or has it ended in violence and bloodshed?”

“We did it, they threatened our lives but I threatened them back and said some words.”

“I bet the Consul could of done that himself, but it was my fault for letting you go on such a mission, your not exactly the diplomatic type, Hont.”

“Well I at least have some potential.”

“Don’t let it go to waste, Sentinel.”

“By the way the all the applications you sent in are accepted. You can take your new positions in the other parts of our structure when you return.”

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
Joycelyn Zambrano Joycelyn Zambrano

Last edited:
Objective II: Explore the Tomb of Brakh Eer Halgh
Writing With: Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano & Rabbit Rabbit
Post Number IV
---

The longer he observed their ghostly guide the more certain he became that it was not truly here - in its mind, past and present must flow together as one, any anachronistic revelations simply dismissed with the tunnel vision of the lingering dead; in spirit, however, the warrior was quite present, seemed to grow more concrete the further they delved.

"Agreed, death lingers here, in more way than one." Allowing the mercenaries to examine the room for mundane traps, the Sorcerer muttered another incantation, verifying that there were no sorcerous traps here either. Curious, it was almost like the place had been built to contain the Dark presence at its centre, not to house it.

Responding to the girl's shout with practised alacrity, he thrust out his right hand, his left grabbing a hold off one of Telis' shoulders even as a shimmering barrier of kinetic force manifested around them - impressive, perhaps, but wasted effort as the long blade never reached that far.

Clicking his tongue softly, Adrian surveyed the scene, waiting for a follow-up before he dropped his protective barrier.

"How unfortunate. For future reference, it is often best to start with the nature of the threat, perhaps "Pressure trigger!"?" Stepping carefully forward, his expensive rancor leather boots passing through the blood rather than the puke, he briefly paused to check that the man was truly dead - he had seen people survive worse, if rarely - before reaching out with his will, twisting his hand as he crushed the triggering mechanism.

"Those droids of yours, have one lead with sensors directed towards the floor, they don't seem to be using modern sensors. Oh, and... whatever your name is. Mercenary girl. You're up next, you seem to have a good eye." Chuckling softly, he continued. "Look on the bright side - no need to share."

Leon Amun

The Murderhawke Mandalorian
Objective: Explore the Sith Shadow Academy
Allies: Lord Venari Lord Venari , any who wish to join.

""Friends" is a very strong word," the Sith Lord retorted, "now if you would concentrate on the matter at hand. It would be much appreciated."

A grin spread across the Mandalorian's lips, it was a favorite past time of his to get on the Sith Lord's nerves "By Venari standards, we're friends, I know when your birthday is" He retorted as one of his gauntlet clad fists caved in the face of another crazed Kaleesh. "I've been fighting since I could walk Ven, there is NOTHING here that requires that much concentration." It was then, as if on cue another warrior came crashing down on his back, clawing at his armor trying in vain to tear off chunks. In response the Murderhawke launched himself backwards into a nearby wall, crushing the poor creature between ancient stone and a half a ton of armor.

"Besides, how else am I going to get my entertainment? You stole that from me remember?" Leon jumped back and nudged his ally in jest. "Ven...You there buddy?" He asked as he watched the Sith Lord stare off into space, not moving an inch. "Awww frak you Sith and your weird fraking magic" The Murderhawke shouted once the realization struck him that Venari was no longer present in the moment.

"Concentrate on the matter at hand huh? You'd appreciate it huh? WELL I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU DIDN'T FRAKING LEAVE ME HERE" In his anger, the Murderhawke snatched one of the now deactivated lightsabers of his companion and threw it with all his strength at another psychotic alien. A loud CRACK echoed throughout the halls as the monster collapsed to the ground, the hilt of the sleeping saber still lodged in it's head.

The now extremely upset armored giant turned to the horde that was quickly approaching him, By his estimates there were about twenty five of the kaleesh left, or at least twenty five he could see. Good, it would be a fair fight then. "THE MURDERHAWKE WILL ACCEPT ALL CHALLENGERS" The Giant roared "BUT BE WARNED HE WILL SHOW NO MERCY" With those words Leon drew the knives from their shoulder holsters, their crimson blades sparking to life. "THE MURDERHAWKE HAS ONLY ONE SUGGESTION FOR THOSE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO FIGHT!" He shouted, burring one of the combat knives into an impatient Kaleesh's stomach again and again and again. As the lifeless husk of the monster slunk to the ground, he raised the knife to his opponents.

"PICK A GOD AND PRAY"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom