Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Padawan Potluck [Padawan Clans]

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
"Huh..."

Prennis cocked an eyebrow at the little she managed to overhear from a learner across the table from her, then finally rose her head to see the other hurry off. "Well, those are some interesting accusations," Prenn said, voice loud enough for him to hear but quiet enough to not alert half of the hall. "I assure you, the kitchens here are held to a stringent food safety standard." Her tone was gentle. She wasn't here to start a fight; In fact, she wasn't too intent on being a nurse in any stretch of the definition right now.

Lunch was a time for her to take a much deserved break during a long shift, and to think about anything but medicine and health.

But, she should probably see how that poor, sick padawan was or, at the very least, alert a passing by nurse or healer that there may be a problem.
~ ~
[member="Subject 73 Red"]

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
[member="Prennis Keeoli"]

Red turned to the speaker. Red recognized her as a doctor. He had seen her once before, but other than that he had never seen her again. Red examined her, reading her, the way she stood, the way she looked around, the way she held herself up, the way she positioned her shoulders. Stuff like that to read her personality and how she was feeling at the moment.

"I'm not gonna argue with you, some of the food looks okay. But there's something up with that food item. Also, tell that to the three Padawans that ran off to the bathrooms because of it." Red told her. It was true, right now, there were three Padawans in the bathroom with nausea and what can only be described as extreme diarrhea.

"They should be fine in an hour or two. But you're the doctor."

Rather than returning to his homeworld following the Mandalorian assault on the Silver capital, Thurion had elected to remain and oversee restoration efforts to undo what scars had been left behind, be it in people or the land itself. Forests sacred to the Wookies had to be cleared of debris and fallen combatants belonging to both sides, and the Silver Rest itself had to undergo repairs. In a sense, it kept him busy and focused his thoughts elsewhere, rather than the slow decline of his health.

The notion of partaking in a padawan get-together was an amusing one for the veteran Jedi Master, for it was during his extensive tenure as Grandmaster that the concept of Padawan Clans was first put into practice. Being a master, he had never actually considered joining a clan himself and thus was interested to see what the younger generations of Jedi were like. That, and he'd been told his two granddaughters would be attending.

Dressed in his old robes from a time many attending this gathering had not lived to see for themselves, it was oddly liberating being able to shed the burden of being a lord of Midvinter in favour of returning to his roots of being a Jedi. It came to him as a breath of fresh air, something that was sorely lacking for him these days.

[member="Celeste Rigel"] presided over the event, and so rather than avoid her out of awkwardness Thurion stepped up and offered his greetings. "Master Rigel," he bowed in traditional Jedi fashion, sporting an amused smirk. "I'm afraid I've not brought anything edible to the feast. If that is enough to warrant a slap on the wrist, I shall strive to bear it with grace!"

No doubt he would have caught the attention of his beloved granddaughters by now...

[member="Thora Heavenshield"] | [member="Alva Heavenshield"]

Silver Rest

The Younger of the Lysle sibling walked in carefully with a great wide pot in her hands, chewing her lip as she struggled to keep the massive pot in her hands from falling. Her pale blue gaze focused fully on making sure that it made her way to the table, despite hearing her brother, [member="Kiegan Lysle"], barely attempting to contain his incessant giggling.

And as irritating as she found him, he did have a good reason to leave his younger sister to do the heavy lifting.

Truth was Jamie really wanted to impress the Jedi, the siblings having recently been scouted for the Silver Jedi Order after they assisted Hapan and convinced the monarchy to join their cause. It was this desire to impress that made the young Jedi hopeful sign up a recipe for the potluck, one that she had been unable to do properly. Kiegan had somehow been born the more gifted of the pair, and, after some... mild begging of her brother, Jamie was able to convince him to let her pass of his cooking as her own.

She just had to do the heavy lifting.

"Don't drop it, Jay." The annoying tone that his voice always carried to her ears ever present. "Would hate for the long hours you spent on this to be wasted."

It was a long and nervous process, one that wasn't made any easier by her brother, but eventually the young Jedi managed to put "her" beautiful bantha stew on the ever-growing table. Before immediately turning to glare the older Lysle down and stamp her foot before moving away, not wishing for him to embarrass her any further with his antics.

An attempt at a refined smile pressed through the young girl as she patted down her green robes, the nicest thing in her wardrobe though it left her feeling somewhat overdressed. She was a recent initiate so she hadn't made her way into any of the clans yet, but hopefully she would be able to earn her place here.

After all first interpretations were everything.

"Greetings, Master Jedi!" Offering Master Rigel and the man accompanying her a polite bow, one she had learned in the courts of Hapan. "Me and... my brother are excited to be allowed to join your order!" Chewing through the familial phrase as he walked straight buy to grab some sweets and head straight into the room without a proper greeting.

[member="Celeste Rigel"] | [member="Thora Heavenshield"] | [member="Alva Heavenshield"] | [member="Prennis Keeoli"] | [member="Subject 73 Red"] | [member="Milla Caranthyr"] | [member="Reggie Faayare"] | [member="Rick Kaloo"] | [member="Ura Iolar"] | [member="Mariya Fleischer"] | [member="Nida Perl"]​

X6MX49N.png

The hall was filling up with loads of people, of all ages and the excitement in Thora grew. It was so nice to be surrounded by kids like her and some of the other padawans. She had never seen so many different faces, and races all in the same room. Life here on Kashyyyk was exciting and she loved all the time she spent here, even though she still missed her home.

Thora was all but pushed off her feet when a young girl barrelled up “That’s okay”, she said as [member="Milla Caranthyr"] apologised, “My name is Thora, what is yours? .. maybe you could join my clan, I am in Squall Clan”. She pointed to her insignia on her robes.

Over the young girls shoulder she saw [member="Alva Heavenshield"] her cousin, “Alva, Alva”, she called out at the top of her lungs with a big smile, waving her arm in the air. Alva was in a different clan and would want to get to know her fellow clans’ members, but Thora would always say hello no matter where they were.

A familiar presence entered the room, and Thora’s head turned almost with a will of its own and there entered her grandpapa Thurion. He greeted the master first before eyeing off the tables with all the food, no doubt he was here for all that, he had a sweet tooth after all, just like her.

“Would you like to meet my grandpapa?, he is over there”, she pointed to the tall elder master, and she ran to him “Grandpapa!”, she yelled just before launching herself at him whether he was ready or not.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Jamie Lysle"] | [member="Subject 73 Red"] | [member="Prennis Keeoli"] | [member="Celeste Rigel"] | [member="Reggie Faayare"] | [member="Nida Perl"] | [member="Mariya Fleischer"] | [member="Rick Kaloo"] | [member="Ura Iolar"] |

Ura was somewhat lost in her own thoughts when she heard her name called out, and looked to see [member="Reggie Faayare"] . She had trained some with her fellow Padawan, but her nerves were still getting the best of her. Then he pointed to his head. Why was he... Oh! Ura quickly nodded, and began to focus on reaching out to Reggie. At the very least she wasn't focusing on everything else now. Once she could feel that the connection was established, the Lervon spoke to her friend through the Force, clearly still nervous about everything.

"H-hey. Uh.... How have you been?"

Stickily speaking, NP not MD, but correcting people, ‘nurse,’ had gotten quite frankly exhausting, so Prennis had stopped soon after coming to the Halls of Healing. Instead, she always gently smiled and told herself no harm, no foul.

Right then,” she said with a nod. Three, huh? She had missed the other two. Maybe they had gotten sick before she arrived. “I’ll bring it up with a chef.” Apparently, there was evidence, to those claims. Prennis had only seen all together very little, and that much had seemed to her a bit baseless. “Thank you. Enjoy the potluck.

With another glance the time, she set her napkin down on the table runner. There was time for her to try to track down some antacid. Though she knew [member="Subject 73 Red"] was right about the symptoms, Prennis also didn’t want guests to have to sit through a bout of of food poisoning.

She would return soon enough.
~ ~

Subject 73 Red

[member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Prennis Keeoli"] [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Thora Heavenshield"] [member="Alva Heavenshield"] [member="Milla Caranthyr"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Rick Kaloo"] [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Nida Perl"]

Red nodded to [member="Prennis Keeoli"] .

"I don't know. It's kind of hard to socialize at this place. Everybody looks... Squishy. Anyway, I'll try my best. Wait, I've got something."

Red handed her three pills.

"They're for the ones with food poisoning. They'll help and ease with the nausea, slow down the diarrhea, and soothe any pain they feel. I brought them just in case. Let me guess, you didn't bring anything to help? I thought nurses were supposed to be ready for anything. I am. Give these to the ones with food poisoning, then go speak to the chefs."

Red had used the correct term this time, by the way she slightly reacted to the doctor part, Red knew that it wasn't the correct term. Also, he was prepared for anything. He had brought a lot more than the pills, and most of the stuff he had brought was dangerous.

Celeste was pleased to see some familiar faces like [member="RickKaloo"]. And she hoped he would stick around, she would make an announcement rather soon about the future of the Clans. They needed some dedicated people to ensure that things kept running smoothly.

She blinked as a young girl bumped into her and [member="Thora Heavenshield"]. “Oh!” she smiled. “Not to worry, Milla. Why don't you put the cupcakes on the large table? They look great!” Celeste had not yet gotten to know the young girl very well, but she was already quite fond of her enthusiasm.

There was some small commotion happening by the food table. Celeste turned a slightly narrowed eye towards that direction. But it seemed that Nurse Keeoli had things under control. But we soon drew her attention to [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]. She returned the bow offered by the former Grandmaster of the Order.

I believe we can make an exception this time, Master Heavenshield.” Celeste said in mock sternness that gave way to a smile. “It's always a treat to see you.”

Celeste soon excused herself and stepped to the side.

Greetings everyone!” she called above the din of the gathering. “It is so very good to see so many new faces here today. Please let me know if any of you need help joining a clan, I'm glad to help—otherwise, please enjoy the lovely feast we have! Just a bit of official business—we are looking for Clan Prefects. Please see me if you'd like to apply.”

With that, she motioned for everyone to continue the festivities.

[member="Jamie Lysle"] | [member="Subject 73 Red"] | [member="Prennis Keeoli"] | | [member="Reggie Faayare"] | [member="Nida Perl"] | [member="Mariya Fleischer"] | [member="Ura Iolar"] | [member="Milla Caranthyr"]

Reggie smiled as his fellow Padawan spoke through the force.

"Hey there! I'm doing well. How about yourself? Are you enjoying the party?"

Reggie spoke kindly to his peer, as an equal and a friend. He kept note of Ura's shyness, making sure not to overwhelm her.

Soon after he replied, Master Rigel made an announcement about the clans looking for prefects. This excited Reggie and he would make sure to ask of he could apply when he had the chance. He knew that with his rank, it probably wasn't available to him. However, the Padawan would still ask. Helping others learn and grow as Jedi was something he looked forward to when he attained Knighthood.

[member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Ura Iolar"]

Subject 73 Red

[member="Jamie Lysle"] [member="Prennis Keeoli"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Nida Perl"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Milla Caranthyr"] [member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Thora Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Red looked around the party and yawned. This was a very... dull party. Nothing was happening, nothing interesting at least, there was just light chatter, and everybody was way too friendly with each other.

Red didn't like it.

You see, he didn't really do well on the "social" part. He was normally a loner. Other people didn't really understand him, no one really did, but he could understand them just fine. He could find out everything about them by just merely looking at them, but no one could ever read him that easy, more or less even vaguely know what he's saying or thinking.

And everyone here disappointed him. They were all too soft, too nice with each other, too friendly with each other. Red didn't understand that, he didn't have any friends, and he wasn't friendly with anyone.

It made Red angry.

How could they get along so easy, while no matter how hard Red tried, no one liked him. No one wanted to get to know him, and no one ever asked him, "Hey, how's it going? What's up? How's your day?" No one ever wanted to associate with him, unless they were on the battlefield, then they wanted him. That's all he's ever been to anyone, including himself. A soldier. A commando

And Red was fine as being seen as a commando on the battlefield.

But here? Not so much. This wasn't a battlefield. It was a social event. And nobody was trying to be social with him.

And Red hated that.

The problem was that Red wasn't good with people and dealing with them, so no matter how hard he tried, people ended up trying to avoid him, either because they were intimated or scared by him.

Of course, he didn't show any emotion on his face, no, he had mastered the art of showing his true emotions, but he still hurt on the inside.

Red sighed. He leaned against a wall. Red pulled out a knife he had brought. Another one of his "just in case" items, along with two grenades, a blaster pistol, and a couple of magazines of ammo for it. He had also brought rations, for the worst, and some medicine. He had also brought some extremely venomous scorpions in a canister, but that was his second to last resort. His last resort was an extremely deadly virus, which could infect the entire planet and kill all of the people on the planet in only a couple of hours, including Red.

Red examined the knife, then he started flipping it into the air and catching it by the tip between his middle finger and his index finger. He repeated this process. Red knew why people avoided him, things like this, but he couldn't help it, he had been bred to be a perfect soldier, and when he wasn't in some sort of action, he felt like something was missing.

Well, then.

With a small smile, Prennis refused Red’s offer. “If someone else gets sick here, you’ll need them.” And then she took her leave, out of the main hall and into a nurse’s station meant for quick fixes that didn’t warrant a visit to the hospital wing. It was easy enough to pick up some fresh stomach medication there: flash her Hall ID, order a few doses, and wait for the receptionist to fill the request.

One of the sick padawans turned out to be Bren, an older Bear that she had treated once for the injuries she had sustained in the Shadowlands, of which she was lucky they were minor. Bren was re-fastening her robe in the mirror when Prenn pushed into the female’s restroom. As Bren was attempting to speak, Prenn held up a hand, then approached the sink to fill a paper cup with tap water. She offered it to the teenager with one hand and, with the other, a pill she had fished from her pocket. “An antacid.

Bren took the offering with the other. Then she looked over to two closed stalls behind her. “Them too,” she whispered. Prenn nodded. “Gimme a dose. I’ll help.

Apparently, Bren had been first on the scene to contract whatever was in that food, so she reported feeling almost as good as new. The other girls though couldn’t say the same; Prenn and Bren walked them over to the nurse’s station for some rest on the beds in the back.

When the makeshift medical team had exited the station, Bren began walking back towards the party. Prenn, however, hung back. Glancing over her shoulder to see, the Bear turned and asked, “Not coming?

Uh, n-no,” the nurse replied, suddenly feeling the impact of an earlier comment. Now, she was the one that felt sick. “I better get back to the unit. Be a dear and thank Master Rigel for me, will ya?” With a nod and a verbal promise to, Bren ran to hug Prenn before walking back inside.

And, when she got back, the first order of business was to draft a memo to the Silver Kitchens.
~ ~
[member="Subject 73 Red"], [member="Celeste Rigel"]

Milla gave Master Rigel a smile when she said that the cupcakes looked great. "Thank you!" Her attention turned to Thora when she introduced herself. "I'm Milla."

So Thora had family here? That actually wasn't so surprising to Milla considering she had met a few families here. The young girl gave a nod at Thora's request to meet her grandfather. She set the plate of cupcakes down on the larger table and darted off after the other girl. The man Thora ran to was one of the tallest humans she had ever seen. She came to a stop a few feet away and looked up at him in surprise. Her tail twitched some nervously as she realized how small she was compared to him.

[member="Thora Heavenshield"]
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Ura looked at Reggie, wanting to lie and say she was having a good time, but she was sure that her fellow Padawan would quickly catch on pretty quickly, especially since they were communicating telepathically. The Lervonian sighed, deciding not to even try and spin it.

"I'll be honest, I'm more nervous then I've ever been. I didn't know what to bring for food, I don't know most of the people here, and honestly Lervon aren't too keen on... well... clothing in general. I just.... I'm not good at this."

After Ura spoke, she heard Master Rigel say something about Clan Prefects. She looked at the Master for a moment, trying to think of what to do. Se decided to let other take the role if they wanted it. She definitely wasn't around long enough for the position anyway.

[member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Celeste Rigel"]

Subject 73 Red

[member="Jamie Lysle"] [member="Prennis Keeoli"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Nida Perl"] [member="Mariya Fleischer"] [member="Ura Iolar"] [member="Milla Caranthyr"] [member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Thora Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Red heard the message for the prefects, and he ignored it. He had just joined the Squall clan, so he physically couldn't become a prefect. He continued flipping the knife and catching it.

Now, his mostly harmless act of flipping the knife was starting to cause a scene. People were trying to get away from him, and people were trying to inconspicuously watch him, but were failing miserably. Now, everyone had gotten out of a twenty meter radius from him, and now everyone was crowded closer together as a large chunk of the room was now avoided by everyone.

Red smiled, good, it would mean that he didn't have to deal with these weaklings.

But he still felt lonely. I mean, Red had spent half of his life alone, but everyone needs someone, and Red had no one.

There was not a single person in here that Eyna knew other than her Overseer. While the others were enjoying the festivities she clung to the wall and looked on from afar. Her hand had grabbed onto her arm for support as she tried to envision what it was like had she been over where the others were. They all had their robes on and their clan tags, yet Eyna herself remained in the old standard robes from those introduced not too long ago. In her dark little corner of the room she tried to imagine where she would go, yet all she saw when she looked at the tags were colors that ultimately meant very little to her.

The green one had a very welcoming shade to it, though a lot of the others seemed to be wearing the one that was purple. Eyna eyed them all, trying her best not to let her attention linger on each and everyone of them and draw attention to herself. Although, admittedly, it was hard not to. Thurion was right there and the claws within her mind reached out longingly for his neck. She withstood it, identifying the problem as the thing that Coci had extended an offer to help fix. Running up to him was a kid. By the table there had been a heavily armed man and a nurse. One of the members of the crowd had pink skin, much like Yula had. Peculiar.

Eyna’s lurking was cut short by the sound of something sharp getting flicked in her direction. With a twitch she began to cover her face from the incoming object only to catch the small coin-like pin in-between her arms and chest.

“You strike me as a Katarn.” The Overseer said with a wide smile as he approached her. The girl didn’t give much of a response. “Eyna Katarn, eh? Maybe that’s your name?”

“Local predator. Known to be in the Shadowlands.” Eyna still didn’t know what to make of it. She rubbed her thumb across the surface of the pin’s metallic surface with a confused stare at it. “Silent, shadowy, and deadly.”

“Try the pin on.” The Overseer said and Eyna complied. As the needle pierced through the fabric he reached out to hand her a drink. “And with that,” He said as the girl quietly resigned to her fate. “You are good to go.”

“Good to go?” Eyna asked while her eyebrow perked at the top of her forehead. Yet before she could ask any further questions the Overseer pointed her towards the rest of the crowd. Her arms crossed and she stood her ground. “No.”

“And why not?” He said with a content smirk and sip of his drink. “You are off to Midvinter in a few days anyway, aren’t you?”

The girl narrowed her eyes at the man with a glare before she turned around towards the crowd with a sigh of utter defeat. She had to pick a target, then. Eyna took a solid sip from her drink before she approached the first person she saw.

Which sadly for [member="Alva Heavenshield"] was them. Now, to find an appropriate opener.

“Hello.” That was all that Eyna managed. Her lips sealed up tight as she waited for the response. The look on her face most likely said it all. Eyna wasn’t very good at this, had no plan for what to say next, and anything past this point was all improv. Strategically, it couldn't get any worse.

A hearty laugh left his lips as [member="Thora Heavenshield"] pounced him, and he caught her in a huge embrace. "There she is!" It had been all too long since their last time together, for she had spent much of her recent years among the Jedi to undergo training. Were it up to him he would never let her out of his grasp, but far be it for him to involve himself in how his son raised his only daughter. It was different with [member="Alva Heavenshield"], as she lived just down the road from his home in Fridheim. "My, how you've grown..." he remarked once her feet touched the ground once more. And she had, woefully so! She still resembled the little girl he'd cradled to sleep in his arms however. Leaning down he placed a kiss on her rosy cheek, hoping it would not embarrass her in front of her friends and colleagues.

"Ah, and who might your friend be, hm?" He turned to [member="Milla Caranthyr"] with a kind smile, offering her a gentle handshake. "Hello there, my name is Thurion - Thora's grandfather." He always did feel more at ease around children, having no issue reaching even the most stubborn of young minds. The girl's appearance was mighty unique however, complete with a tail and tiny horns on either side of her forehead. Nothing that prompted a stare though - when one reaches his age, little in the way of appearance surprises you.

Kneeling before the two placed them on equal height, and he took both their little hands. "Hey, what say we go grab some of that yummy-looking food over there? I don't know about you, but I'm starving!"

Thoughts of going to see if he could be a prefect were shoved to the side when Ura responded. It seemed as though his fellow Padawan was stressing out more than having a good time, and that was no good.

"I see. Well im sure whatever you brought is fine for food, a lot of us aren't picky and I'm sure everyone is glad you made the effort. You brought those rolls over there, correct?"

Reggie took a few steps towards the table, reached within the bag of rolls to obtain one, and took a bite. It was good. The Padawan turned to face Ura and smiled as he chewed. Fortunately, he could talk through the force eithout making it sound like his mouth was full, because he kept eating the roll as he communicated.

"I can tell you got these from a place that knows what they're doing. This is pretty good. You made a good choice, and I sure am appreciative."

He finished up the roll before continuing.

"If you're not keen on wearing clothes, which most Lervon aren't, then don't. This isn't an event where we need to wear our robes and even if it was, Lervon aren't accustomed to wearing clothing in the first place. It's better to be comfortable over wearing something that does the opposite, especially when everyonr is here to have fun."

Quickly, Reggie removed his Padawan robes to prove his point. It wasn't normal for humans to walk around without a shirt, so he kept his t-shirt on. He was sure that as long as he had pance and a shirt on, no one wouldbe offended. He folded the robes and held them on his left side.

"See."

Whether Ura removed her robes are not were up to her. Reggie was just proving his point.

"As for not knowing most people here, I don't know most myself. If you don't feel comfortable talking with others, then talk with me. I can talk a lot as you know. If you don't want to talk to anyone, then you don't have to. Honestly, I'm glad you came and made the effort! The good thing about these things is you can usually leave whenever you wish, so if you feel to uncomfortable, don't feel obligated to stay my friend. Though you do bring the life to the party!"

Reggie was trying to cheer Ura up and help her feel more comfortable. His words were all friendly and were accompanied by a warm smile. He would do what he could to help his fellow Padawan.

[member="Ura Iolar"]

Sigyn had been unsure about attending the padawan feast. She wasn't one for festivities, nor for big groups of people. By nature, she was more of a loner, always preffering the mountains near the village she came from over being with the others there. But she felt like she had to do this, that she should attend this gathering. So she got dressed in her robes, sporting the colors of the Begruufta clan, and the badge pinned to the chest of the robe.

They were supposed to bring a dish to the gathering, but Sigyn had no idea what to choose. It would be hard to get all that was needed for one of her favourite traditional dishes from Midvinter. But it was possible to get fresh vegetables. So Sigyn had chosen to make a vegetable soup, seasoned with some spice she had managed to bring when she left Midvinter. To her it tasted good, but the question was if the other padawans would like it.

By the time she was done making it, she saw that time was not on her side, and the event had already started. She put a lid over the boiler the soup was in, grabbed it, and ran to the gathering. Well, ran as fast as she could to not spill the Soup.

Once there, she tried to sneak in, so People wouldn't notice that she arrived late. The room was already full With People, both familiar and New faces. Mostly New. She put the Soup Down on the table, though there was little Space left. Then she took a good look around to see who she knew here. And now that she looked, she realised that she only knew two of the other padawans there: [member="Ura Iolar"] and [member="Thora Heavenshield"]. She had seen some of the others, sure, but newer had a conversation With them.

But all that was blown away when she saw who Thora was speaking With. [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]. Sigyn had been told stories about him when she was younger. He was known all over Midinvter. And now he was standing only meters from her. She wanted to og speak With him, but about what? He had probably been bothered many times by People who had heard of him, and wanted to meet him. So how was Sigyn going to do it? Stay calm Vanir, she thought. Just og over there, and introduce yourself. Say that you are an acquaintance of Thora.

She slowly walked over to them. "Hey Thora, it's Nice to see you again," she said when she was Close enough. "Master Heavenshield, it is an honor to meet you," she continued. "I heard you said that you were Thora's grandfather. I've been in a class With her before." She couldn't think of anything more to say. Well, that didn't sound awkward at all. Great going there Vanir, she thought sarcastically to herself.

Alva heard [member="Thora Heavenshield"] call out to her, and she gave her cousin a smile and a wave to signal that she'd heard. After all, the plate in her hands was not quite full yet. Then, another presence filled the entrance, that of [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]—Grandpa. My, this was turning into quite the family reunion. Alva lifted another small tart and side-eyed the door, almost expecting to see Uncle Thirdas come strolling in. It was nice, though, the close-knit ties of the Heavenshields. Her father's side of the family was far less warm to each other.

She smiled, watching as Thurion embraced Thora. She'd let the two of them have a few moments, while she continued to gather some food—maybe enough to stash for later, too. She'd see Grandpa plenty, she'd arranged to go back home with him to Midvinter.

With her plate overflowing with treats, Alva was about to turn to join her family members... but her way was blocked by [member="Eyna"]. The rather stony-faced girl met her with a greeting, which seemed altogether odd, given her expression.

Hi,” Alva said, offering a friendly smile. There was a small pause, just enough to let Alva grow awkward. Her feet shuffled, did she move or did she stay in place? In the end, she stayed. “Erm, I'm Alva Heavenshield. Nice to meet you...” she deliberately left a space for the other girl to say her name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom