Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Padawan Potluck [Padawan Clans]

Kyra beamed under the admonishment. Turns out you don't know what you miss until you don't have it. But it was baaaack. Her heart bursted with a wave of affection for Nida, the emotion unconsciously radiating around her in an empathic halo for others to feel as well.

"I'm telling you," she implored to Jamie, before turning back to Red as well.

"I'm good at this. Watch." She made another kissy face. "You do that to someone and they'll fall for you. Every time. I don't know why that's so hard for Dagon. I sweat Yula left a saber up his butt." She grabbed a cookie, mirroring her sister. She blinked mid bite, realizing Red really and truly was still confused.

"Oh." She dropped the cookie, brushing off her hands. "You're not kidding there, are you? Romance is love. So like. When you stick things in people. Like sabers. And your tongue, in someone's mouth. Because they make you feel good," she continued on, slowly growing concerned as the sense of confusion never left Red.

"You know. Like how your mom... gets? Are you a clone?"

[member="Subject 73 Red"] [member="Nida Perl"] [member="Jamie Lysle"]

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
[member="Kyra Perl"] [member="Nida Perl"] [member="Jamie Lysle"]

Red blinked. He didn't understand a word of what she was saying. This was all new for him. He hadn't been taught any of this in the labs, and he had been too focused on missions to notice any of this from normal people. Red didn't understand much about normal people, but perhaps one day he would. He was always learning from normal people.

"Love? I've... never felt that before. I don't understand why people like it so much, but, I've never felt it, so I wouldn't know. Stick things in people? Like... stabbing them in the chest or throat with a knife? Why would someone do that if you were emotionally attached to that person? Why would you kill them if you liked them? Stick your tongue in someone's mouth?! Why would you do that? That sounds... strange, bizarre. Besides, they could easily bite your tongue and try to rip it off." Red still was in the dark in all of this. Kyra's explanation wasn't very good.

"No, I'm not a clone. I'm my own individual. I'm not a clone, but I was raised in a lab. I'm an experiment. I had a biological birth, like most other humanoids. Yep, with a mom and a dad. They were experiments too. But in the labs we didn't really consider ourselves to have any parents, and the scientists also collaborated on that idea. They didn't want us to be emotionally attached while we were growing up. For most of my life I was separated from the outside world, where my only company were the other experiments and the scientists. We were never taught about love and romance, just what we were bred for; to be supersoldiers." Red explained.

Nida’s face was completely and utterly buried in her hands.

It was one thing if Red was having difficulties understanding the birds and the bees, but it was another thing entirely if Kyra was the one confusing him because Kyra was…giving him the birds and the bees talk. And Kyra, well, was Kyra.

When she finally managed to raise her head, Nida could feel a rush of room temperature air cool her beet red face. She really didn’t need to hear her baby sister talk about sticking things in people, or where her tongue goes! “Kyra…please. You’re going to give me a heart attack.” There was a measure of desperation in her voice as she pleaded for her sister not to talk about butts and sabers. Taking in a deep breath, she regained a measure of her composure.

“Red, this all may be a bit much for you right now. How long as it been since you left the laboratory?”

[member="Subject 73 Red"] | [member="Kyra Perl"]

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
[member="Nida Perl"] [member="Kyra Perl"] [member="Jamie Lysle"]

Red turned to Nida, and noticed that she was apparently embarrassed. Why, he had no clue, it was just another thing Red didn't understand, apparently. He would have to find out later.

"I've been out of the labs for... five years. Why do you ask? And why do you say that this might be all a bit much for me?" Red asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom