Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Night At The Museum: Coruscants Natural History Museum Charity Event

1VXVHKL.png

SHIP:Personal Ship
WEAPONS: Heklerkok FP-01, Uproar Pistol x1, Firedrake x1, Voxyn Charric Rifle x1, Lodestone Devices x4 - Rolling Order, Lookout Probe Droid x2 - Rolling Order, Terminus Shiv's x2, Journeyman Knives x4 - Rolling Order
ARMOR/CLOTHING: Tinfoil Hat Band, MAA-001 HjCGg Bodyglove
TAGS: Katarine Ryiah
All weapons are currently on his ship and he is unarmed but armored.
Auction Participant:
Yes
Services Offered: Field Medic, Merc, Date but no one wants that right? RIGHT!?, Negotiable

"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | << comm. channel >>​

"Well met, Katarine Ryiah. While a lovely name, Guru of Pillows does have a ring to it." He sipped from his drink briefly, a blend of fruity flavors with a spike of sour in it that had him blinking rapidly in surprise.

Which gave him a little time to school his expression and think of a response.

"I'm part of the exhibit, the rare and mythical sleeping Mando. But really-" He chuckled as he sipped from the water to rinse his mouth. The other beverage hadn't been offensive, it just left a strange tingle in his mouth.

"I'm actually up for auction. Offering medical services for adventuring folk. Maybe a nice evening. Haven't completely decided. How about you?"

Auction Participant: Y
Services Being Offered: A very nice date, companionship, healing, friendship

Attire: Dress
Tag: Holly Starstorm Holly Starstorm

It was all to clear that people were distrustful of Force Users because no one could tell who was a Sith or Jedi or what the differences even were, especially when the Jedi can be so militant at times. Kat offered a smile and nodded her head, "yeah, it can be tough and people always get weary when I use the Force to heal them but hopefully one day we can live in a galaxy without conflict but it is hard to see that happening." Kat sighed, she didn't know why the NJO wouldn't talk about the meeting if they had nothing to hide, and she had known that Allyson had done some dangerous things for the GA so it could be that the NJO committed war crimes or something dangerous. Just hard to tell.

"Well, I can't help much with the NJO situation, politics and Jedi stuff is not really my wheelhouse." Not any more at least, Kat had stepped away from the Jedi path she had been on a long time ago, or at least it felt like a long time ago.

Taking a seat next to Holly, she tilted her head, perhaps she was being too subtle with the reporter about these things. "Oh, urm, well it doesn't have to be just calling me for information. Could call me to hang out or take a break from work?" Offering a quick awkward smile, usually she got a better read on where a person's interests lie but Holly was a barrel of mysterious, bidding on her at the auction but then laser focused on work. Difficult to figure out but all the more interesting to try and do so.

Auction Participant: Bidding
Services Being Offered: N/A

Tags: Kat Decoria Kat Decoria
Wearing: Dress
Weapons: Reporters intuition & Tape Recorder

"Oh, urm, well it doesn't have to be just calling me for information. Could call me to hang out or take a break from work?"

Holly laughed as she was taking a sip of her glass.

“You sound like my boss again. I haven’t taken a day off of work in over three years. He says it like it’s a bad thing but I call it highly ambitious. At any rate it’s usually a lot more fulfilling than hanging out with friends, dating, or attending social events. People always find a way to let you down at those.”

Holly wasn’t completely cynical, she was just a realist and the reality was that most people weren’t nice to be around. Perhaps it was her job that made her feel that way. When you spent your days investigating all the lies and backstabbing it was hard not to walk away with a certain view of humanity.

She also wasn’t trying to be rude. Sometimes her brisk demeanor did seem rude but she never intended it to be. It wasn’t that she was not interested in being friends with Kat Decoria, she simply wasn’t interested in being friends with anybody. She spent all her time working even if it was unhealthy

Dating was another thing she avoided. Sure sometimes it sucked going to the company party without a date for the millionth time, but Holly intimidated men. She was not soft spoken, not dainty and delicate, and always in charge. The last guy she had dated had gone as far as to say she was the man in the relationship. He was an idiot anyway and Holly would never admit being hurt over this comment. A super guy was out there somewhere but Holly wasn’t going to waste her life searching for him. Not when there were stories to tell.

“You said you left the Jedi path? Any reason why?”

Location in Building: Seated at Table
Weaponry: N/A
Tags: Open
Security at Event: Nar Shaddaa Deployment Troopers

The Hutt Lorda would get up from the table; Having his zeltron servant girl take away his 15th plate of free food back to the plate area to be cleaned. Moving his massive bulk away from his chair; did the hutt lorda of mancheron proceed to the the museum section to admire the display cases until he had decided to bid some credits at the auction part of the charity event. He had much time to spare though; his growing galactic food empire was running itself and the opening of many restaurants and eatery's gave him a good amount of income. Looking over the display cases would also allow him to scan the crowd perse; looking for anything of interest to himself. If anyone was looking in his direction; they couldn't miss the massive bulk that was Paranoda Mancheron Boggurobb sliding his way through the crowd to observe more things of interest to himself.

The Hutt Lorda's Security Detachment of Nar Shaddaa Deployment Troopers wouldn't be that far behind him; keeping their distance but also looking out for any signs of trouble among the crowd that might pose a danger to their employer and his deep pockets that funded there salary's. While the Museum itself was of interest to the Lorda of the Mancheron Kajidic; he doubted to himself that the money raised would go to charity as intended. He had no doubts that the museum owners would use the funds gathered tonight to enrich themselves and not the museum like the event was supposed to do. His Zeltron Servant Girl would proceed to make her way back to his side; although he wasn't a slave owner perse he wasn't above having retainers do his every wish if he wanted. The main goal of paranoda at this time was to secure auction services that people offered at the event to boost his power within his own kajidic and with the other hutt families who would no doubt send some sort of representatives to the event to check it out for themselves. Paranoda would carry on looking through display case after display case; some of these things were hardly historical artifacts in the sense that they looked fake to him. But he wasn't an expert on artifacts on any level; so he decided to just carry on and wait to see what else would happen at the event itself.

Kat tilted her head, no time off in three years? That wasn't very healthy, and Kat knew the risks of working too hard since her family had told her about it for years when she worked as a mechanic years ago. "You know, I am no professional in this but not taking breaks can lead to burning out and crashing. Taking time off doesn't have to be a bad thing, taking a break means that you can recharge and approach things from a new angle." Kat shrugged since she wasn't super confident in what she was saying since Holly was her own person and could possibly be okay.

Being Echani, Kat could read Holly in a very different light to most. She was dedicated and very animated about work, but she could read some hurt but unsure what it was about. Taking Holly's hand and offering a small squeeze, "hey, so being focused on work is great and wanting to work hard on cases is admirable. But like I said, take a break isn't going to harm your progress or ambition. In fact, time away can provide new angles and new perspectives like I said but that is your choice."

When Holly asked why Kat left the Jedi path, Kat smiled a little sadly and leaned back in her chair, "well, it isn't really a cheery topic. But when I was a Jedi all I seemed to be doing was causing harm and destruction through wars and losing friends through battles was taking a toll that I just couldn't keep up with. I was pretty young too and the pressure just felt too much. Being who I am now, it is easier and a lot of things are in my control in terms of what I engage with." Kat shrugged as she let out a deep sigh.

KAR2

K
Auction Participant: No

Tags: Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull
Weapons: None

"I'm actually up for auction. Offering medical services for adventuring folk. Maybe a nice evening. Haven't completely decided. How about you?"

"I'm not really certain how I got on the guest list to be honest. I really don't know many people but I thought this might be a chance to change that. I also wanted to see some of the exhibits to see what was classified as history."

She chuckled to herself. So far some of the things she saw were displays of technology she had used during her life before being placed into cyro sleep. It was weird to see technology that felt so new be classified as obsolete.

"So are you a doctor? Or are these different types of medical services? Maybe a dentist?"

Holly couldn't help but snort at Kat's comments about time off, but other than that she did not comment. Deep down the reporter knew she was obsessively hiding from her own disappointing social life but she wasn't ready to face those demons yet.

"well, it isn't really a cheery topic. But when I was a Jedi all I seemed to be doing was causing harm and destruction through wars and losing friends through battles was taking a toll that I just couldn't keep up with. I was pretty young too and the pressure just felt too much. Being who I am now, it is easier and a lot of things are in my control in terms of what I engage with."

"It's funny isn't it, that sometimes the people whose only mission in life is to help the galaxy end up hurting it more than anybody else? I wish I had the answer to this whole Force user war thing. Of course even if we solved that the threat of species like those homicidal aliens would still exist."

She of course meant the Bryn and the war they had been waging through Sith and Jedi space. She'd been begging her boss to let her up close to that action but so far HNN was keeping its distance.

"Well Kat it was nice running into you. I'm glad you are agreeable to being an informant for HNN. Here is my contact information for the blog I run. It's a way for viewers to get in touch with me. I guess I better get to actually covering this event for HNN. My camera man is probably looking for me."

She laughed, imagining the Duro cussing when he couldn't find Holly. She didn't see the need for a cameraman. She had a personal assistant after all.

It seemed that Holly wasn't interested in hearing any advice about taking time off or enjoying the time away from work. Even if there was some suggestion about it helping Holly in the long run with her job. It was fine, sometimes people weren't willing to hear advice until later on and Kat knew better than just to push the matter. When Holly talked about finding ways to end the war with the Sith, Kat couldn't help but shrug at the ongoing events since they were pretty beyond her control. She was just a simple healer and with her job there wasn't much time for politics or figuring out how to end the wars. She did use to think about how to protect those from Sith and others who would do harm. Thinking of the Bryn, she was fortunate to never meet one but she knew the harm that a single Bryn'adul could havoc a world.

"The Jedi and Sith have been in conflict for thousands of years, unfortunately, there might never be a solution. Doesn't help that neither side ever truly dies either." Kat sighed as she leaned back in her chair and took a long swig of her drink as she smiled warmly.

It seemed that Holly was thankful for the time and appreciated Kat being an informant for her as well. Kat was still confused, this was a date right? Like she had paid for a date not just paid money to talk to Kat about being an informant, like really that could have been done at a later time and Kat had no qualms in helping her out. "Well, hopefully this date was worth the money." Dropping all subtly now as she wanted to confirm what this was before Holly disappeared back to her job.

"Well, hopefully this date was worth the money."

The phrase made the reporter choke on the wine she was drinking. She started coughing and grabbed a napkin to clean up the mess she’d made. Date? Why in the name of the Force would this be a date? Wait… was Kat one of those weirdos who dated the same sex? Ugh. Her reporter instincts had not picked up on that at all! Otherwise she wouldn’t have bothered sitting down. No interview was worth this. Well okay maybe an interview that would get her a Pulitzer Prize. Maybe? No.. no…there had to be a limit.

“Oh… umm.. no… I… ummm… well I just paid for the conversation. After all it’s for a good cause so I figured kill two birds with one stone right?”

She couldn’t wait to get away from this table. She was flushed with embarrassment and slight disgust. Did she really give off an air of indecency like that? She scrambled to pick up her napkin and plate and get it ready for the trash.

“Besides… I’m… seeing someone…. Yea… a nice man… well sometimes he’s nice…. I mean I like him and all…I mean… yes… well… thanks again…. For the interview I mean… just the interview… I best be going… “

Her voice was so high pitched it was shrill. She practically ran from the table, depositing her plate in the trash on the way and weaving haphazardly through the couples dancing. She did bump into one and muttered an apology without looking at them.

When she reached the stairs she took them two at a time, almost falling over in her heals as she did so.

Up on the second floor she stopped to catch her breath, leaning against the overlook railing and watching the people below. At this distance it was impossible to tell if Kat was still sitting at the table.

She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. At once she recalled the memory of the “special camp” her parents had sent her to when they caught her doodling a girls name in her notebook as a teen but Holly forced the memory to the back of her mind. She had work to do and no time for a mental breakdown.

A hand grabbed her shoulder and she screamed and spun around to see her cameraman looking at her.

“Oh… right… we should interview some of the attendees. “

She didn’t wait for him to stay anything. Instead she started walking towards some of the guests on the second floor, fixing her hair and regaining her work driven composure on the way.

((the views stated here belong to the character. They are completely in character and in no way reflect a prejudice on the part of the writer.))

1VXVHKL.png

SHIP:Personal Ship
WEAPONS: Heklerkok FP-01, Uproar Pistol x1, Firedrake x1, Voxyn Charric Rifle x1, Lodestone Devices x4 - Rolling Order, Lookout Probe Droid x2 - Rolling Order, Terminus Shiv's x2, Journeyman Knives x4 - Rolling Order
ARMOR/CLOTHING: Tinfoil Hat Band, MAA-001 HjCGg Bodyglove
TAGS: Katarine Ryiah
All weapons are currently on his ship and he is unarmed but armored.
Auction Participant:
Yes
Services Offered: Field Medic, Merc, Date but no one wants that right? RIGHT!?, Negotiable

"Galactic Basic" | <"Mandalorian"> | << comm. channel >>​

"That's two of us then. Aside from being auctioned I mean. But it's strange what can be classified as history given how quickly technology advances. Something even a few years olds can suddenly be collecting dust it seems." He thought openly about the items on display. There was a wry smile at the mention of his field of study for medicine however.

"Best I can do for dentistry is get pliers and hope they stay out for it." He chuckled as he sipped from the water before daring to try the drink again. It wasn't quite as sour the second time around.

"Honestly though,
I'm a field medic. More of...patch people up and back to a proper hospital sort of doctor. What is it you do?"

KAR2

K
Auction Participant: No

Tags: Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull Sikkol Cull
Weapons: None

"Honestly though, I'm a field medic. More of...patch people up and back to a proper hospital sort of doctor. What is it you do?"

That was a difficult question for the woman to answer. Over eight hundred years ago Katarine had been a Jedi fighting in the Rebellion, but today? The Jedi Order was fractured and spread out all over the galaxy. She had no idea which to join or what cause they were fighting for these days. She also didn't even know if the cause would be worth it. Centuries latter and the galaxy was still fighting the same wars. It was enough to make her reconsider her life path.

"I'm currently unemployed. Seeing the sights. Enjoying some rest and relaxation. That type of thing."

It was partially true. She was unemployed but she didn't find it very relaxing. She was a ball of nervous energy half the time and uncertainty the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom