Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Gathering in the Light

The fact that really anyone showed up beyond the Shattered and active Praxeum students hoping for a bit of assistance from him had Coren Starchaser floored. He knew he planted a few attendees and had made the calls to the right Jedi, the ones who were what he was calling ‘the heavy hitters’ and sending his messages out. He could sense some familiar and some not-so-familiar signatures if they were broadcasting, but he also knew that there were going to be issues. There always were. Having stepped back inside, and was flanked by some of the Shattered and Praxeum officials, he was feeling like this was making way too big of a deal about who he was.

Starchaser was a soldier, one of those self-proclaimed leaders. Meaning more to be a warrior and help the galaxy, but knowing, in order to do that properly, he needed a convocation of the Jedi. The Jedi needed Jedi. They were separated, fractured, but whole. So many different approaches to the same issue and that was what made them strong. It made it so if the Sith or Ren, or whoever the villain of the century was, hit them, they would be hit back from all manner of directions. What he knew now, was something the Jedi didn’t seem to really always get.

There were many ways to be a Jedi. Jedi were peacekeepers, but there were guardians, consulars, sentinels, different approaches, different strokes. The Silvers, and Shattered, Republic, and Praxeum, and groups in between were all different. He’d taken the time to interact with as many of the Jedi in the galaxy as he could. From the ones on the front lines in the Confederacy, to the Silvers. He was hopeful that if there were concerns with another group he could be called in to mediate. There didn’t need to be pressure pushing down on the Jedi.

Not in a galaxy that was controlled by the dark side. And with Coren around, he wasn’t going to let any Jedi group get cast aside, put on the streets. They were all going to be held and assisted, through the JAN or through his own insanity to patch them together. When he saw his comrades enter, he made a point to give them at least the time of day, the welcome, and handshake. To ones like [member="Veiere Arenais"], the King of Commenor who he brought back into the fold, to [member="Cedric Grayson"], another wayward Jedi who he knew had a use in this group.

Everyone did.

He felt the others coming in, many unfamiliar faces, some more familiar. And some… changed. [member="Michael Sardun"]. He would have to watch for them. As much as Coren saw the Lords of Light as useful, he knew they were… intense. He gave a nod to others as he entered. The old Master, [member="Jend-Ro Quill"]. Good. Another one who helped the Network.

The scene was set, he was going to be discussing what the Force had shared with him on the Jedi Order, and welcome discussion from the leaders. From the Silvers, who he knew were sending their representatives, but he wasn’t sure if their Grand Master would appear, to old hands, like the Heavenshields, and the Jedi who had been around the block a few times.

Giving people the appropriate time to filter in, he had made a point to call the Jedi together. Sentinel Watchmen from the Shattered Order helped filter people through into the proper rooms. And Starchaser stepped up to the microphone. A room with several tables, and desks, but no real seating plan. And it was as large as it needs to be to feel like this was a meeting of all interested Jedi groups, but not too big to feel like it was going to drown out conversation. This was a room for conversing, for those who wanted to do it here, but on rooms off, there were sparring chambers, and other Jedi prepped to teach new skills, new ways of looking at problems.

He’d practiced what he was going to say, several times, in about a dozen mirrors. He knew that these gatherings, these Moots were about once every few years, but they all came at the problem the wrong way. Looking up from where he stood, at the bottom of an antechamber. The design was to portray the connection between the speakers and the gathered. Jedi served the Force, served the galaxy, and it put no one Jedi above the group. The group of Jedi were greater than the one.

Many Orders One Jedi.

Coughing to clear his throat he grabbed the amplifier. “Thank you for attending. I know these gatherings of Jedi don’t always sit well with everyone. But we are looking at a massive change in the galaxy. A change in the way things are. I’ll keep this introduction brief, but you all received the files I sent out, either earlier or when you came in today.

“We are all here for the same reason. We all are approaching the same problem with a similar solution. And lately, you have all seen it. With the Sith taking over the galaxy, and the First Order right behind, darkness has fallen. But light, the light has risen to greet it. We’ve all been coming from our own Orders, and working together.

“This needs to stay our modus operandi. Only by working together can we support the light in this galaxy. I am calling us here to see who is willing to help us focus on putting aside these grievances, who wants to continue working together… We have much to discuss, between the Orders, and the Academy Network. Many of us have been doing what we can to help further the cause of the Jedi.

“From striking at the darkness to establishing routes to move Jedi, to academies and schools.” The Jedi took a second to consider his words. “What do you all feel, I know there are many of you I’ve spoken to, but so many more that haven’t had their feelings and opinions voiced. My group wants to know what you are looking for in the Jedi, and where you believe our future is.”

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]
[member="Laertia Io"]
[member="Jerek Zenduu"]
[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]
[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
[member="Kei Amadis"]
[member="Ragnarac"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]
[member="Loreena Arenais"]

Lori figured there'd be trouble. Or at the very least arguing. It was normal. She had seen it A LOT. Whenever a bunch of people from different groups gathered together, everyone had their own vision of what they thought would work better than what others had in mind and it'd all go to poop. She'd seen enough and read about enough of them on the holonet to know of that. So when [member="Veiere Arenais"] said that there wouldn't be any trouble, she was doubtful.

But maybe, just maybe it would be different.

She was snapped out of her thoughts as her Dad pointed out [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] . Yeah, that was her brother's newest girlfriend alright. Hard to hide that hair. Lori glanced around for any sign of her twin brother [member="Caedyn Arenais"] but there was no sign of him. She couldn't even feel him nearby. Pity.

"Sending me to the kids table so the grown ups could talk, huh? Yeah, I get it. See you later." She gave him a teasing smirk and then wandered off, folding her arms behind her back as she made her way over to her brother's girl. "Hey. Where's Snotface?"

"Sending me to the kids table so the grown ups could talk, huh? Yeah, I get it. See you later".
Veiere grinned to his Daughter, giving her a sideways nod of approval. He wasn't trying to get rid of her, but encouraging her to take a larger look into what made people want to follow the Jedi and live under their regime would do her some good, especially if there were to be a friendly face that she could relate to beyond her Father's presence in her life as both Parent and Master. "Try to have fun, Lori..." He urged after her, soon to turn his attention to the rest of the room once she'd walked out of ears shot.

"Duh namez Io. Laertia Io...Nice tuh meetcha. I...uh...uzed tuh bee a Jehdie Shaadoww...whatz yer roll in duh Orduh?"
[member="Laertia Io"] approached him from out of the rest of the occupants within the great hall. She had a peculiar way of speaking and to his knowledge, they'd not met before, yet that didn't remove Veiere of any positive regard for the newcomer. "Pleasure to meet you, Laertia" Veiere offered her a formal bow of his head in respectful greeting, "Alas, I'm not sure I can claim to be of any particular group or organization as of yet, I'm afraid. I've come from Commenor however, and Master Starchaser over there encouraged me to attend this meeting" he smiled to her.

"What about yourself? Where might you be from, if I may be so bold" he grinned a little, there seeming to be little but warmth in his interaction with the Woman. He enjoyed meeting new people, especially new members of the Order, they always holding the potential to expand the mind and knowledge on the Force, or simply to listen to their perceptions of the Galaxy and all of the above.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] soon took the stage however and motioned for all to attention. He spoke well for someone who wasn't overly fond of the political spotlight, and Veiere imagined the discomfort of being in his position as he had often been himself. His time as King wasn't by his preference over Commenor, but a side-effect of marrying his wife. House Arenais had grown into becoming the Royal Family of the Trade World, much to Veiere's astonishment even today whilst looking back and remembering how things had been prior to meeting [member="Lady Kay"]. Exile on the World of Alzoc Three had been far simpler, though the good that he had done for so many could not be compared to, nor undermined. Such was the promise of a life dedicated to the Jedi Order.

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Michael Sardun"]
[member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"]

Theme

Life was a passionate and grand adventure.​

Allya's eyes were wide, as she took in all the sights and sounds of Tython. She was dressed casually in jeans and a red top with comfortable shoes. Athletic arms, covered in scars were exposed. However, strangely for the young Mandalorian, she did not have a bit of armor, or weapons on her this time. Around her neck was a small focused void stone necklace, that cut off her own access to the force, but not the space around her. She was a Sith visiting the Jedi Moot, it would help make sure she caused no trouble, but also would help to keep her out of the sight of others who may not like darksiders as much.

The youth's hand rested with Jerek's, their fingers entwined, and it comforted her to her core. Brown eyes looked over at her boyfriend as he talked and she gave a soft smile. She had changed quite a bit in the short time they had been together, and it was because of him. He had taught her that love didn't have to be painful, that she could enjoy the light, even in her darker state. That she could let down her guard, and not always expect every person to try and kill her. That she could be herself, and not worry about what her father, uncles, aunts, and everyone else thought. When he was close by, she felt safe, and that emotion rippled across her life. She was not exactly sure what morals were, or how to use them properly, yet. However, she understood he had them, and was piggybacking off of his, to learn how to interact with the galaxy as a whole. She didn't have to just blindly follow orders, she could refuse to kill that family, or not sacrifice those people, she did not have to be evil just to be accepted. It was nice.

She gave Jerek's hand a gentle squeeze as he spoke to her. “I admit, I'm a bit nervous. Light Side powers and force nexuses hurt me badly. The light hates me. But, I feel safe when I am with you. I know you will protect me. And I trust Master Starchaser, I doubt he would have allowed me to come if I was in real danger. Besides, I know my heart, and who I am, but they don't. I have to prove myself to them, if I want to remain at your side. That means taking a few risks. Besides, you are not a wayward thingy. You are awesome, and everyone who says otherwise is just jealous. Or something. I admit I'm not entirely sure how it works. Also, I always want to learn more about the jedi. Most of my knowledge of the Jedi comes from you, a few other encounters, novels, holos, and that one week I spent with one. I want to learn more what they are like, what they do. Also.....I am really curious to see if Master Starchaser looks like his figurine!” The girl gave him a bright grin, and laughed happily, in an almost musical way, then proceeded to lay her head on his shoulder for a moment. “I'm certain my family would be disappointed in me knowing I am here....but each day I'm finding myself caring less and less, and more on if you would be proud of me or not. Thank you, for giving me so much Jerek. I appreciate it.”

At that moment, the torment, torture, and insanity she had been exposed to in her life seemed far away, her mind was on him, and this adventure. As they approached the ancient temple, those large brown eyes got even larger. “Wow,” was spoken in a soft whispered voice filled with awe. “This is so cool.” The girl honestly wished she could FEEL everything right now. However, this was best for now. She was known as a darksider by those that mattered, and had shown she refused bring the darkside into their discussion. But it still frustrated the teen.

However, like Jerek the moment they were on the steps, all that frustration, nervousness, it disappeared and was replaced with a quickening heart, and adrenaline as excitement filled her. As was always true with her, she allowed the emotion to wash over her. Only this time, the darkside didn't fill her along side of it. It was a bit disconcerting, but here she was, at a Jedi temple, next to her boyfriend, about to meet one of her long time heroes, Coren Starchaser in the flesh! Every other emotion beyond excitement and amazement had no place in her. “Oh wow, Jerek, this is amazing!” The girl bounced up and down on her toes, and her eyes never stayed on one spot for long. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Tyl Ro"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Around this time rag finishes his small tract to the temple. After walking up the steps he stops at the door. Will they know? It's been so long since I've been part of the jedi order in any capacity. This is a bad idea isn't it? No he has to do this. It's a small chance but he has to try and find others that share his view on the force. He only Hope's that there are some here. After taking a quick breath he goes through the arcing doors and steps in. His senses are instantly filled with all shades of the light side of the force. And to his relief mudder energies that are more in the middle like him. He decides to go to one of them. But which one? As hes about to walk further into the room he notices a small force signal outside alone. He decides that its no good for someone to be alone at a gathering about making friends and heads out side.

Asha was not much of a talker. Spend a day with her, and you'd come to understand that she preferred action. Want to argue? Fight it out. Got something to prove? Spar.

So it was quite a surprise that she willingly went along with attending the gathering. Though not like her loyalty to Sardun would've had it any other way. He had brought her up from the brink, close to death but still burning bright within the Light. Through him, Asha had seen the truth of things. Pacifism was no longer a viable option, and they needed to whatever it took to smother the Dark.

She had her golden armour on, much like Sardun. Although rather than a helmet, she had a white hood concealing her face. Even against the strongest wind, it remained steadfast in its purpose. Looking at it was like staring at a void. Nothing but darkness, though maybe if you squinted long enough, you'd see an outline.

"Two with me."

Asha didn't hesitate as she stepped forwards and kept to Sardun's side.

Today would mark the first time she'd be with other Jedi, ones unassociated with the Lords of Light anyway. Many of which she wouldn't know, except aside from the Heavenshields perhaps. But even then, it was just by name, and this would be the first time she'd put faces to them.

From their place at the gathering, Asha watched as Coren took the stand and began to speak. She watched him fidget slightly, trying to mentally prep himself for the speech. Starchaser was a soldier, and a warrior, from what she had learned from Sardun.

It would be interesting to see how he handled this.

His words brought a murmur to the surface, but Asha remained silent. She wasn't the one to speak here, though nor did that matter as The Companions stood as one.

Instead, she looked around slightly, a blank void staring out at the other attendees. Although her gaze never remained for more than a few seconds. The only stares were towards the guards stationed around.

Even without a visible expression, it was clear that Asha was glaring slightly at the Tython Command.
[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Michael Sardun"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]​

Irajah Ven

Doctor Doctor, Gimme the News
Kaya wasn't a huge fan of the mask.

Honestly, it was heavy and it cut off her peripheral vision. White and simple, it covered her face and it felt weird to do that. Like she was hiding something. Master Sardun had explained that it was the first step- that one day she'd wear a warriors helmet instead, as he and the rest of the Companions did. But between it and the Padawan's robes, for now it just felt like she was playing dress up.

"Two with me."

She didn't go forward immediately. Honestly, she assume he meant two of literally anyone else who was there with him. They had left Eira Pechal only days before, and the journey to Tython had been spent mostly by herself. They would train, he had promised, once they arrived, but he had too much to do during the journey to begin then.

It had left her, if she were being honest, grumpy and a little dissatisfied. Oh, everyone was nice enough. And she didn't feel like an outsider- which seemed strange except for the fact that there was a literal bond formed between them. The Companions. All focused on the nexus of Michael Sardun. Someone had tried to explain it one night in the mess, but she still thought she didn't fully understand it. But whatever it was, however it worked, it meant community. So that was a small consolation as the teenager left behind the only home she had ever known... to follow these strange people into a future she didn't know how to plan for.

"Padawan Neri," a soft voice said from beside her. She blinked and looked up, craning her neck too far so she could catch sight. Ugh, she had NO IDEA who it was talking to her. She didn't know them well enough to recognize them by their voices and with the armor on they all looked basically the same.

"Um, yeah? I mean. Yes?"

The helmeted head nodded in the direction of Sardun and Asha.

"Go with them."

Kaya blinked again.

"I'm not a warrior. I'm not.... I'm not even REALLY a padawan yet? I don't think he wants-"

And then she felt the tug in the Force.

"Oh."

He did.

She stepped forward, then hurried, a touch short of a run to catch up to the other two. At first walking next to Sardun, then glancing over at Asha and falling back a step. At home, she'd never felt out of place, like she didn't know what to do, or what was expected of her. Granted, she hadn't always DONE what was expected of her. Frequently hadn't. Maybe that was why, here and now, she wanted so badly to do it right.

[member="Michael Sardun"] [member="Asha"]

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] | [member="Kaya Neri"]

"From now on you will be at my side, unless I say otherwise, Padawan Neri." His mind bridged that traverse. Words shared in a beat. "You will learn by seeing and by listening, as well as by acting."

Rather than sit somewhere Sardun took up position at the side of the hall.

Some distance away from the crowd, but with a good view on the podium and Starchaser. Some of these people he knew - either by reputation or by conversation. Hell, Amadis and him had been brothers-in-arms in their youth, fighting together in the first Army of Light. It had been a different time. A... better time. When Sardun still had felt some sort of optimism for the Galaxy. When it hadn't been clouded by decades of war and failures build upon failures. Some his, some of others. All bitter disappointments that had cast his perspective on the Galaxy.

"Peace."

He murmured softly to Asha. The feeling was recognized among them, the tension, of being in the middle of Tython Command. They had a fragile peace, build upon mutual enemies. Yet, yet, it wouldn't last forever, this much Sardun knew.

Put two hunters together in one place and eventually blood would flow. Such was the way of things, but Michael had agreed to peace for this meeting. It would not be his people that would break it now.

Starchaser started talking and Sardun listened, until finally the question was posed. He waited for a moment. Wondering if anyone else would speak up to answer. A slow glance- the gold plated visor moving back and fro to watch those around them. Until eventually he realized that they were all waiting on each other. Nobody wished to speak, or maybe they all wanted to see what the others would say first. So it had always gone, this was not something that surprised him.

"The Sith thrive in conflict. Violence, anger, hatred, these things are their domain first." Sardun finally spoke. Voice sweeping and covering the room for a moment. "This is why they are dominant. It is why they return, over and over again, in an endless cycle of misery and pain."

Behind the visor Sardun frowned.

"Some believe this means we should hide. Focus on healing and building. Focus merely on defending what we have." He shifted, the armor clinking bright in response. "I believe we should fight to defend what is left, then keep fighting, until they have been wiped off the face of the Galaxy. It is not enough to stop them. They should be removed, root and all. We have focused centuries upon centuries to try and convert them. Understand them and hope we can heal them. I say enough is enough."

There was silence in that wake.

But it seemed that for now Sardun had spoken his piece.

Bekk Mag'ra watched and listened as Coren spoke, whilst others seemed to talk amongst themselves when not being spoken to from the front of the great hall. The Jedi Master spoke of the Sith and of the Imperial Machine that was the First Order. No matter how they swayed it, what they were talking about would likely result in war, something that the Zabrak understood to be inevitable were things to ever brighten in the Galaxy.

The problem was that violence rarely encouraged anything but the justification of more violence. Bekk didn't know a great deal about the Lords of Light, or whoever they were, though it seemed to be a more aggressive organization of Jedi as far as he had been able to tell. There were a good variety of Jedi groups out there in the Galaxy, each with their benefits he supposed. The Jedi Code had taught him that entering into combat was to be your last line of action, only ever as a last possible resort.

The prospect of staving off the First Order and the Sith without actually having to engage them in battle was a farce dream, unfortunately. They would make certain of this as they continued to expand their domain and walk all over the freedom of the good people of the Galaxy. As an individual, it was Bekk's prerogative that he choose to stand in the defense of others rather than moving to strike preemptively. The only reasons he would commit to the war effort most often involved priority in protecting the civilian population and reacting to hostility, however he couldn't blame those that took the initiative, especially now where the Sith and Imperials had grown so large that the Jedi were coming under threat of being drowned out in the Galaxy.

It was a most interesting event, and thus far it had only just started. Intrigued by the others that surrounded the Zabrak, he wondered how many of them agreed with his pacifist nature, and how many would want to raise arms and walk head first into the swelling violence that the Darkside encouraged and thrived upon.

Networking, yay... Domino was obviously not excited to be here. it wasn't that she was incapable of working outside her social circle, she just didn't like putting herself out there, especially in large groups. It seemed like everyone already had their friends and knew the business they were about. Ever since she'd withdrawn from the public eye she'd set up her own operations to run without her so she didn't need to stand around with a seller's sign. (Aurodium 1kg/planet, vine silk 1 bolt/moon!) Riiight, not her thing. As for the order itself, everything she did for them was in the background, usually though a Jedi or a proxy, so she hadn't really made any friends there.

Instead she kept to the landing pad she'd set her Sigma Shuttle down on, one of the furthest out and bordering on the jungle that threatened to creep over the temple should the keepers ever slack their vigil against it. Here she was playing a game of fetch with her pet Myunnah, using the force to hurl whatever branch she brought arcing back into the trees and sending the Tuk'ata bounding back out to drag it or whatever else caught her attention back. if she was needed someone would let her know, in the meantime she did her best to tune out the discussions being broadcast by the discarded tablet at her feet. They were nothing new, and would achieve little in her mind.

Tellu had remained silent in the back, watching and listening. For most, they did not seem to care and were only interested in things that did not concern her nor Jedi matters. She listened when Coren spoke and took center stage, she also listened when [member="Michael Sardun"] spoke. She closed her eyes a moment and reflected on the most recent destruction of Eshan, and quietly she stepped forward pushing the flirtatious behavior of children aside. "I understand your want to push them aside," her attention drawn to the man a moment, sorrow filled silver eyes turned a darkened gray. "There is much pain and sorrow in the galaxy brought on by the Sith and the First Order, but there is always hope. We've all stood in the face of such harrowing darkness, we've all seen its destructive power and we know what lay ahead should we stand idle."

"If we are to take the fight to the dark side, then we must do so together. No matter how you interpret the many Jedi Codes, Force knows there are many. No matter how you wish to wave your banner, all that we can do now is to raise our banners together. United we can stand tall against this, but divided we have and shall continue to fall." Her voice turned the thought of Eshan ran in her mind, the sight of those who fled the Alliance's downfall also ran into her mind. "You all choose to come here, to hear this man out - to hear each other out. I believe that there is room at the table for all of our views." What went relatively unspoken was the urge to fight, but they as a whole were in no shape to do so. In everything they did, they must proceed with caution for everything that they as Jedi, as masters of the light said and did had an impact.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]

It really wasn't hard to miss the giant bear as he stepped into the room. He was ten foot after all! He had come for the meeting of Jedi, finally taking the opportunity to join the Order he had been working on his own to be a member of. [member="Veiere Arenais"] had started him on the path some years ago, but after the Shard rebellion and the Beorni's sacrifice that had him end up once again in the Nether, they had fallen out of touch.

Yet as he stepped into the room and saw his old friend Calder smiled a toothy grin, charging through with echoing thuds. "Veiere my friend! Finally I find you!"

She had wanted to be sure the miniature terrors were asleep and the sitter in place before leaving the ship. A few words of warning of what would happen should they decide to go exploring and the consequences of such actions.

Mathayus smiled and nodded in that yep I'm listening but I'm not listening way. Amelia sweet as sugar just said yes mam. Time would tell if in fact the threat to the very lives and play time would hold.

She made sure she looked appropriate and left to find her other half. There were many faces, a sea of them that she barely recognized. She smiled and nodded to those that greeted her, she attempted to make small talk with some, least those that she could remember.

If there was anything that she had trouble with it was crowds. How could a grand room be made to feel so close and confined a space, a gentle but firm nudge with a whispered excuse me, she felt her anxiety building as she controlled the low throat growl that she felt forming.

She tried to find Kei's voice in the crowd, course he would have to be speaking for her to find him.

[member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tellu Talon"] | [member="Domino"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Michael Sardun"] | [member="Kaya Neri"] | [member="Asha"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Kei Amadis"]

There was quite a few people assembled already, as the Jedi Master had just arrived. Finding a suitable place to dock his ship and make the trek to the location designated for the meeting. There was low talking that Kahne could hear on either side of him, whispers mainly. He was sure the purpose of the meeting and what was actually going to be accomplished and what the purpose was.

It was on everyone's mind.

He arrived in the middle of [member="Coren Starchaser"] speech as he moved towards the side and worked his way through the crowd a bit just before he found a suitable place to stand. The Jedi crossed his arms as he listened to the rest and to those that had followed after. Kahne had agreed with both points. The darkside had relished in their victories as the Jedi have stood apart for a long time. Luckily with Coren's efforts those relations looked to be on the verge of repair or were working towards unity once more.

There was still much that needed to be done. Long had everyone's view been criticized or put down because they weren't the Jedi way. But truth be told at least in his opinion. There was no true Jedi way anymore.

"The darkness continues to relish in the fact that we stand apart by ideals,rules,and just our own ways of life. As my colleagues have said before, standing together by one and fighting that darkness is the only way to rid it from the galaxy." Kahne let out small sigh as he rubbed his chin lightly, looking towards the ground for a few moments.

Kahne truly believed that the enemies of the light side of the force would truly be worried should the Jedi stand together under one banner.

[member="Tellu Talon"] [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] [member="Michael Sardun"] [member="Asha"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

"Ohh, I uh, comez frumm Nar Shaddaa. Gotz reekrutid byy Duh Mahrkssmin az a teenn." Laertia answered [member="Veiere Arenais"]

"Dhey wuz shaadowwz whoo uzed raange wepunnz 'n' duh lyke..." Laertia explained to the King further. "I wuz dhere closse raange speshulystt...helld tarrgytz inn plaayce so duh utherrz cud lyne uppz a shott."

Laertia had, quite possibly, an even higher bodycount than Uri did. But she never kept track. It had seemed too morbid to do so. She never kept track of all the people she'd stabbed to death in the various dark alleyways of Nar Shaddaa...why did it matter how many Sith she had killed? Far as she was concerned, Sith was just another word for Greedy Thug. The worst kind of thug in her book. She stole and hustled to survive. It was never personal. It was only when you got greedy that you got rabid. And when you went rabid you had to be put down. Because when all you care about is money, there is no one you won't betray, no life you will not destroy. It was a detestable state of existance. The greedy ones always took the honest, or at least the sensible thugs with them.

Peace was something truly alien to Laertia. She had no concept of it. She knew how to focus, to shut out all distractions in a relentless, single mindedness that bordered on monomania when it came to persuit and elimination. She knew how to leave emotion out of it, having plenty of practice in the streets long before her acquisition by the Jedi Shadows.

But as for actual peace, she had no experience with it. It was what had made her the perfect recruit. Someone already inclined to a life of hardship, experience with unsavory types from all corners, and a seemingly self-imposed, conditioned distaste towards riches and power, preferring survival as compensation above anything.

Amazing, how the streets could make a killing machine out of anyone if it stayed with them long enough.

"I beenz tuh Komminorr wunce 'r' twice, didd showwz dhere as a majishun...rayked inn tonnz a credditz inn dhose dayz...nott so much annymorrz."

When Veiere mentioned [member="Coren Starchaser"] Laertia turned to watch the man, instantly seeing the warrior before she saw the Jedi. Yeah, he'd given more than his fair share of people an early dirt nap. She could see it in his face.

She listened to his opening lines, and felt the old patriotism stirring. For however much the street remained in her, it was the reason she wasn't quite the thug she had been anymore.

She didn't really understand how much of a greedy thug Sith as a whole were until she had come across worlds they had devastated, and realized just how rabid they were. Some could be reasoned with. The rest were a sociopathic lost cause.

As a result, Laertia believed in the mission of the Marksmen wholesale: Kill them before they became a threat too big to deal with quickly and efficiently. And the most efficient and quick way wasn't lightsaber tussles in most cases unless you needed to hold them in place or crush lackeys with bare minimum training.

The quickest way was just to shoot them. Laertia held the really tough ones in place or killed them if guns didn't work, but her skill was that she was a surgeon with shotguns and fairly decent with wrist mounted weaponry and throwing weapons, such as her own lightsaber for instance.

Laertia, on an academic level, knew people could come back to the Light. She had witnessed it personally, with the one and only time she had ever spared a Sith, a Vong who happened to be the son of a Master Shaper, who had brought her caretaker, Moya, out of cold storage and reprogrammed her to take care of Laertia after the shrapnel had rearranged the insides of her skull.

[member="Michael Sardun"] spoke next. One of the Lords of Light Gang. Laertia thought of all of this in terms of street gang dynamics: Two big, nasty gangs muscling in on the territory of the non-sociopathic types, necessitating a meeting of all the gangs to discuss what to do about the competition without being at each other's throats at the same time. Not that the Jedi or their various flavors were mere criminals, but there was a difference between theory and practice, and in practice, this meeting was a lot closer to how all those underworld gatherings went than anyone here would care to admit out loud, if the similarities had ever crossed their mind. Sardun's words were the sign of a hatchet-man. She didn't object. She was of a similar mindset when it came to Sith, in spite of knowing there were alternatives. She wasn't sure whether that made her somewhat evil. In truth she was too afraid to ask.

Laertia didn't like the idea of being evil herself.

Still, the Lords of Light thought very similarly to the Marksmen, it would seem.

[member="Tellu Talon"] spoke next, a more middle of the road type, urging restraint. Laertia did not agree. But she knew the cost of being violent. She saw it every day in the mirror in the scars on her face from the shrapnel, every time she got a migraine. But it was worth it. Every minute.

[member="Kahne Porte"] also spoke in favor of uniting as one, and this was closer to what Laertia favored.

Laertia then raised her hand, fighting her sudden onset of stage fright, aware of how unsophisticated she looked and sounded. It felt like hot lights were on her as she spoke loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Nott much 'fer speechez..." she admitted..."But I wuz alwayz duh type dhat favuhed akshun ovuh wurdz. Namez Io. Laertia Io...andd whooevuh duh guy in duh fannci geer wuz dhat jusst spowke, he'z nott wrongg. Sum cannserrz cann bee curedz, udduz yuh just gotzta cutt outz 'r' irradiatez. Duh Syth is duh latter. Iff yuh sayve anni, itz pretti rare. Dhis ain't no poppuularytee conntesst...nott wyth cannserr...yuh eeder suhvyvez itz, orr yuh duzint. Anddz duh dizeeze eatin duh gaalixee iz closse tuh bein' terrmuhnahlz. Yuh allz needz tuh goez onn duh offennse soonuh radder dhen laytuh. Orr itt donn't madda howw manni fllavuhs duh Jedi codez comez inn, orr how fanncee yuh geer iz...yuhl die chokin onn yer' ownn inakshun andd hezitannce tuh deel wit duh probblim whenn yuh still cud..." she said, looking nervous throughout as she spoke among people body language not at all confident as she scratched the back of her head, not quite looking at anyone.

"Wee all done dhis song andd dannce...wee mayke duh cryze 'o' duh cannari inn duh coll myne annd duh threatt growz bigguh...but summ ov uss arr wary ov dirrtee handz. Orr summ ov uss gotz handz dhat arr, iff anniting, too dirrtee."

She managed to stare at all of them, fighting her stage fright.

"I'm duh latter typez. Ann duh reezon myy handz arr too dirrtee iz beecuz I know what happinz wen yuh letz a thugg gett too ambishuss. Most ov uss knoww wut I speekz of. Most ov uss hav wahlked duh worldz duh Syth ruend. Duh lyvez dhey duhstroyyedz. Wee don't setz asidez arr morul hanngupz evryting wee cherrishh iz forrfittz. Wee cann rinng ourr handz andd feel gilltee andd skwabbull bout witch jehdie flayvuh iz bettuh aftuh wee givez mostt ov dhese fethhs whoo wantz uss andd ourr frenndz and luvuhz dedd ann urrlee napp inn duh dirtz..."

Laertia then lowered her head and waited for others to speak.

[member="Bekk Mag'ra"]

[member="Loreena Arenais"]

[member="Asha"]

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

[member="Calder Icehammer"]

Tiland, of course, was present, as were the rest of the members of the Circle that he could muster for the meeting. And, when Tiland was involved, there was of course tea. A great pot of boiling water that he had started earlier while he sat and listened. A frown etched across his face as Sardun spoke. Yet there was a certain sense of truth to the man's words.

He knew the history of the Jedi and the Sith and the Light and the Dark. Ever moving, ever-shifting in an inordinate dance. The thought struck him and he stood, filling as many of the cups as he could manage with water and adding the tea. It wasn't his greatest handiwork, but it would do to get the point across. He nodded at the other members of the Circle and they spread out, carrying the tea-cups. All wore plain, travel-stained robes, and none carried lgihtsabers, or anything that resembled a weapon in the age of beskar and planet killing capital ships.

Yet they all shone brilliantly with the Light. The Outer Rim Coalition had received the summons and their resident itinerant Jedi had made the trek from the furthest reaches of the galaxy to attend the meeting. And they brought tea.

"it is true," Tiland agreed. "The Dark has eclipsed the Light." Hi deep voice rumbled across the assorted gathering. "And in our divisions, we have been weakened. Yet ever in motion are the ways of the Force. For if our division has left us weak, it has also given us an opportunity."

The wooden staff echoed on the stone floor. "Observe the tea. See as it swirls and moves in the cup. Small and fragmented are the individual leaves, but together, their influence spreads across the entirety of the cup. In time, no matter how large, the water becomes tea. So it is with Light and Dark. We grew centralized in our governments, maintaining our own spheres of influence. But Master Starchaser calls this meeting at a most fortuitous time. We are spread through the galaxy and like the humble tea leaf, the time has come for the Light to spread back into the galaxy.

We can do no such thing on our own. What would tea be if the mint refused to share with the rosebud? Or the pepper with the chamomile? Nothing. So we have been. Now the time has come to act like one. No longer can we think in terms of different orders and government. We are all, simply, Jedi, and our calling transcends both governments and politics."

[member="Laertia Io"] took a bit of effort to listen to and accurately understand. In small doses her speech wasn't so bad but long sentences Veiere found himself struggling a little. Somewhere in between he had heard mention of Commenor and possibly something about a Magician, earning credits and the like. He smiled encouragingly to the Woman before she turned to looked towards the rest of the room when the speaking had begun.

It was then that his attention was caught by another, and by no means a small distraction but the massive Beorni Veiere had thought to be dead long ago. [member="Calder Icehammer"] had given his life up in a ferocious attack in order to fend off the Iron Knights from killing any more innocent children studying under the Order of Commenor. Veiere and his fellow Jedi from Deneba had been present at the time, trying to help secure the location during which Commenor was under threat from the droid menace.

"Burr?" Veiere questioned, rhetorical as it was, he seemed to require confirmation of what he was seeing. The nickname given to the Beorni having been one from an age ago now, accompanied by fond memories of the two discussing the nature of the Jedi and of the Force. Soon moving across the hall to join the Beorni at his side, the share size of the great ursine dwarfed Veiere entirely. Still, the close proximity meant that they'd no longer be disturbing others, speaking quietly whilst the meeting could continue.

"It's good to see you...-Though you have me at something of a loss. You'll have to explain this to me when we're all done here".

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Michael Sardun"]
[member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Elara Amadis"]

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
After Coci’s encouragement at the door getting a wide grin. She and Thurion never changed, and he hoped they never did. There was always that friendship there, always ready to extend it, and there was endless hope in both. To be honest. He missed it. Seeing [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] enter there was a wave and a nod.

[member="Michael Sardun"] and @All
Inside. Kei walked right up to Michael Sardun after he had finished speaking. His look was different from the Michael he’d known, two worlds they’d walked far apart. It was still him in the spirit, still that same man. From that time. Limping over. Kei extended his armored hand and if he took it shook it firmly. No words, just that. A nod, and then turning around to look at everyone. He had some words for them. “Here are some of the strongest people I’ve known. Not Jedi. People.” There was a lot in this room, by reputation and by friendship he knew them.

“Don’t give up.” He looked around. Older eyes. Grey stripes in his beard, in the hair, scar down the cheek. The galaxy was gripped by people and powers that would have crippled him in his youth to see. It had lost hope, lost its spark. “Whatever we decide here. Take it one day. One problem at a time.” Wiser than last time he stood beside Michael Sardun, but the sentiment was exactly the same. Only now “don’t try and mend everything at once. It will drive you all insane.” He grinned firmly, and nodded. “I’m with each of you when you need it.”

[member="Elara Amadis"]
Then he walked away, a slight limp in the step to his wife, ~Mrs Amadis,~ Kei put an armored arm around her, and escorted her back out of the limelight. His mindspeak was weak, but the number of years they’d been together, she’d probably heard him just fine. ~Lighting up a room full of Jedi.~ When they were out of the way, he made sure she got a warm grin, holding her there by his side. There might be a crowd, but nobody here was standing alone in it.

"Yes, I will be sure to explain after this meeting. Can you catch me up on what has been said so far?" The large ursine being glanced about the room curiously, taking in the faces of the Jedi gathered. It was a welcome sight, seeing so many different views finally coming together to talk. Well, again. Hopefully these talks would last longer than the rest. For now, Calder would remain silent. He was after all fairly new to the Order itself.

[member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Elara Amadis"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

A pause and a smile. "yes thank you good to see you too" she tried hard to hide her fangs, doubled her effort not to sound as if she were slobbering as she spoke. Her species had a reputation and an image to go along with it. She being full blooded was not average. Her teeth hid behind her lips only someone close enough could see the bulges beneath her lips.

She couldn't keep from growling though it just came out ever so easily she balled her hand into a fist holding on to it as hard as she could to keep from reacting she wanted to be in control of it. She smiled then quickly hid it away, she felt she was scary looking to others. Least some others.

As she thought about doing a quick turnabout she felt the soft whispers of Kei on her mind, then the warmth of his trusted his upon her suddenly the anxiety fell away. She looked over her shoulder at her husband ever so grateful that he had found her.

"Have you seen your friends, and comrades?" He had been away a long time from them she understood his connection to them and wanted him to have such relationships. Friends were important.

She exhaled and let the rest of the tension float away to wherever it could find a home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom