Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Gathering in the Light

Oh no, not the speeches. People were making speeches. And then there it was, the whole Jedi Alliance thing. Josh knew this topic was coming the moment he walked in the door. Since people were still making speeches, his attempts to strike up conversation with [member="Coren Starchaser"] would have to wait he supposed. No big deal, he just casually shrugged his shoulders and found somewhere to sit down while people went and funnelled their opinions into the pile. But not until he found himself with a glass of wine.

Coren, [member="Coci Heavenshield"] and [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] as well as [member="Michael Sardun"] and the [member="Loreena Arenais"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] family appeared to be the primary, loudest speakers. Josh considered looking for a stronger drink, but decided to just speak his mind instead. Representing the interests of the Silver Jedi Order, he hoped he could represent what was best for them, and everyone else, the best that he could.

"If I might" Josh spoke out, once he'd quickly downed the rest of his wine like it was water before rising to a full six foot five feet to address the choir. "Mr and Mrs Thurion and Coci Heavenshield... The Silver Jedi Order owes the two of you a debt that we can never repay. You built our foundations, you've taken us through good times and bad... And I am eternally grateful for, hold eternal respect for and think the world of you two. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

This topic of a Jedi Alliance... A Union, Alliance, whatever you want to call it... I'm not opposed to it. Never have been. And I'm not going to now" Josh would reveal. "But we've seen in the past that attempts to do so have ended... Well... Unfavourably. But the groups I see in front of me.. I see a better chance than ever before of success. Which I am very much happy for. But I see a good thing I do not want to play hard and fast with, a good thing that I don’t want to go to waste. This is not a matter to immediately thrust this idea on. To put pressure on it… It could explode at any time, and we might waste a good thing that could grow into a better thing.

So I feel that today… Should not be the advent of a Jedi Alliance. Instead, it should be the first true step. Look at all of the Jedi around you. Not all of them are your friends. I sure as hell don’t expect them to all be my friends tomorrow. But… I see your leaders here. And by the end of the night, I intend to introduce myself to each and every single one of them. I see you, [member="Coren Starchaser"] and I see you Grandmaster [member="Coci Heavenshield"] looking as lovely as always! I see you… Other leaders who I haven’t met and thus don’t recognize but who I’ll no doubt remember by the end of the night!"

The Master of the Order would grin cheekily at that, indicating that last remark was meant in the vein of tongue in cheek humor. He didn't want to be stuffy or make this out to be all serious... This was about friendship, yeah?

"Tonight, I have full intention of speaking with your leaders and beginning the work of forging the bonds of friendship on behalf of the Silver Jedi Order. I wish for these friendships to grow into strong alliances, as we continue to work together more and more... Strengthening our bonds, strengthening our chemistry, creating a team that is at it's absolute BEST!"

The energy from the Jedi Master was beginning to rise, as the smile never left his face. Perhaps he could do a decent speech after all?

"And I recommend that you all do the same. We are on the cusp of something great... Why rush it? Why put pressure on it? Instead, I suggest we all begin our processes of forging and growing our own friendships amongst each other. And one day, when we've managed to come together, real and true... Not just as business partners, but as allies, as friends? Perhaps then, something big may form. I want this whole Alliance thing as much as you all do... The Sith have hurt people. They've ruined lives, destroyed families. And I see many a face here that has been effected by them, hurt by them... And they can be, and will be dealt with. All of our goals... We may handle them in different ways, but we're all after the same things. We need to take the time to work together... Understand each other... And become what as a unit we need to be. And that takes time. That takes individual efforts before we can truly careen into the idea of something bigger.

By the end of this... If we play our cards right? We may very well be the Shield that this galaxy and it's people need. And I know we can do that... All of us, more than anyone before us...

We can pull this off. In my heart... I believe in that. But we need to do it right."

The Jedi Master took a deep breath then, as he would gingerly bow his head.

"Thank you."

He needed a stronger drink.

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Elara Amadis"]

Tldr; Recommended to forge and build alliances separately and potentially later form a Jedi Alliance, to make it stronger.

Like the Girl who had spoken, Bekk Mag'ra had not been among those who had attended the former meetings. This was the first session that he had participated in, watching and listening to all of those willing to speak their piece, each give their support for what was being proposed, while at the same time making suggestions of their own without truly considering those who had spoken prior. It all seemed a little difficult to keep up with for the Zabrak. The youngest of them had pointed out that there were challenges that needed to be addressed, as well as who it would all be enforced...

...And from what Bekk was hearing, it didn't seem likely that with so many opinions speaking over one another, few would be willing to be under an outsiders authority. It came as something rather frustrating for a concept to be so simple as to work together, and yet so complicated at the same time by the individual needs to be heard. [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] (though Bekk didn't know the man at all), had suggested that they all seek to close the gaps between them, to build connections and relationships across their various organizations and branches of the Order. It was a good suggestion, though too could be achieved without putting off this co-operative will to serve and protect the Galaxy from the Sith. After-all, what better way to show someone that you have their back like supporting them and their organization through joint missions when their lives would be put at risk for the greater good.

Glancing back to the largest figure in the room, Bekk looked to [member="Calder Icehammer"] who had spoken of the old Temple Guardians. Were they still a thing? If not, they would surely provide much needed security to some of the Order's established facilities, yet again the policing of organizations wasn't something that Bekk felt overly confident about. It wasn't that they needed to be told what or how to do something, only that they support one another where and when possible. At the very heart of everything they were discussing, everyone here was a Jedi in their own perspective, their own approach. Regardless of how different they might be, did they not all seek to bring about the same outcome? Peace and prosperity for the Light Side of the Force to offer the Galaxy a greater hope than the influence that was being waged across the northern and western territories of the Galactic Charts.

"If you don't mind my asking....-How difficult is it to truly support one another?" Bekk spoke without truly meaning to. It might seem like a ridiculous question but being outside of any actual organization and using the Jedi Academy Network as a means for finding and taking on missions and means to help the 'little people', he didn't understand why those with the greater means to bring about a positive change, were so reluctant to work together. "I don't mean to be rude, I'm rather new to this discussion but...-No one's being asked to change for another, as far as I can tell. We can all still do our own thing, yet be there for our fellow Jedi should they need us, correct?".

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Elara Amadis"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"]​

"As far as I can tell, we are all in agreement that yes we should be unified and the question now is how to proceed is that correct?" Tellu asked and she looked directly at those from Commenor a moment. Talks of Mandalorians could be saved for another day, today was a day for the light and those who followed it. "And yes you are correct, was it Knight Bekk?" The Echani looked toward the Zabrak and looked about the room where people continued to talk whilst others were talking about other subjects, and it became difficult to hear each of the speakers while they spoke. "We have also agreed that yes we do need to strike back at the Empire, and the First Order but the time to strike back is not now. No one of us is in a position to do not only launch the attack but have it be more than a small flutter in the wind."

Tellu paused in her speech as she looked to them all, "you all bring with you, a unique perception on the light, a unique voice on what it is to be Jedi and that is what we need. We need diversity, we need differences for we do not all need to agree on a singular notion of what is the light and what it is to be a Jedi. I ask all of you, all of you who truly believe that we can take a step toward unity to go ahead and take a step forward. Just one step, and to those who ask how we shall carry forward the answer then is right before you."

"We carry forward just like this, one step then another all in unison we carry our united goal to see that the darkness brought on by the Sith Empire and the First Order is banished from this galaxy." Tellu continued and the Echani smiled a moment and then her smile widened. "Let us open our doors to one another, and welcome each other at our holdings let us share our teachings, share our knowledge rebuild the libraries that have been torn down. Rebuild the cities that have been turned to ash, but if on this day, you cannot find it in your heart or within your means to come forward and be an active participant of this union then may the Force be with you. Know that the door shall always be open to you."

She focused inwardly for a few seconds allowing the light to flow through her, "but know on this day we are united by the light, and the desire to see the Galaxy free from the yoke of tyranny."

"This, alliance is not to be done overnight - no it shall take far longer than that and even more to truly come together, but this? This is a start."

"And so on behalf of the Order of the Sacred Lotus and the burgeoning Jedi Order of Monastery, I shall join this Jedi Coalition. Know that our doors are open to you all, and so now my question to all of you is this, will you join myself and Master [member="Coren Starchaser"] as part of this coalition?" Tellu only hoped that those who could hear her would join the Coalition, if not then she assumed they were too invested in whatever side conversations had come about.

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Elara Amadis"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"]

As Jerek's tears stopped, Allya leaned over and rubbed her nose to his in a gentle gesture. “You got this. It's not that I know what to say, it's that I believe in you. And you hear the truth in my belief.” She gave him the brightest of smiles and took his hand once more. “Come on! We got this...together.” As they headed back inside, and moved up to Lori and Asa she grinned. “Yeah! Jerek, you doofus, they were both there the day we first met. Though, I think we really got to know each other on Coruscant, so that might be where you're confused.” Her tongue clucked. “The Sith Empire is...a horrible thing. I am...but, I don't condone imprisonment simply for being something different. Actually in the Confederacy, we have a Jedi Order on Monastary. I believe....yes, Master Talon, is right over there.” She points at Tellu. Srina's sister. It was always interesting the difference between the two.

“I can't go there, it hurts....a lot. Like, skin melting lot.” The girl looked a bit sheepish. “It's bad. Oh! I love muffins! And you got this Lori! You go girl!” Jerek pulled her close, and her brown eyes went wide, as she was pulled to his side. Her heart raced. She wasn't so unaware as to not understand that if someone pulled their girlfriend to their side while talking to another, and was keeping her there, they were probably showing her off. It made her giddy, because, it frankly made her feel like someone worth being shown off.

As Lori talked, she listened and smiled. The woman said almost everything the young Sith was thinking. If they honestly wanted to stop the Sith, they would have to put their differences aside, give up their foolish pride and fear, and adopt a singular belief system again. So long as all these groups remained fractured, the Sith had already won. Why? Because the Sith knew they couldn't destroy all the Jedi in the galaxy. One would always come back. Instead, if they kept them fractured and fighting among themselves, there would be no threat to their plans. “Long ago Jerek....the Jedi built a temple over a sith alter. It took centuries, but slowly, the dark side corrupted the masters, making it harder and harder to use their powers. It clouded their visions, and allowed a darkness to pop up in their midst, and for them to never be able to correctly see it. It nearly destroyed the Jedi forever.”

The girl sighed and laid her head against Jerek's arm a bit. “Pride, arrogance, personal agendas. It seems to be the downfall of the adults. They often miss what is right in front of their faces. Unable to see the galaxy how it really is. And instead, they create excuses, and reasons to follow the same mistakes over and over again.” Her shoulders relaxed and she smiled. “Hah, like I am one to talk. My father, and uncles, and aunt would be furious at me for being here. But, I wanted to see it with my own eyes. Besides!” The girl pulled away from Jerek, for a moment, and walked up to Josh. Almost conspiratorially like, she handed the man a flask of Ne'tra gal she had hidden. “Good luck.” She then spun around and walked back to Jerek and Asra, where she gave Asaraa a big grin. “Didja know I fought next to Master Dragonflames?” The sithling snickered and looked around the room. Fingers reached up to play with the necklace around her neck. When Lori came back, she grinned. “Hey, good job! Is that your father?” As she asked, she looked at Veiere. Oh she knew him. Met him and his wife at a party held by her Uncle Adron. King of Commenor. Oh, Allya didn't care. She didn't think anyone in the room, beyond Tellu, knew she was the daughter of Darth Metus, one of the most powerful Sith in the galaxy and leader of the Confederacy. She understood secrets. “Second thought...don't answer that! Not honestly important. So, what would you people like to do?”

[member="Loreena Arenais"]
[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]
[member="Jerek Zenduu"]
[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Laertia watched, still trying to stop her heart from pounding at speaking in front of all these big-wigs. She normally would have been stuttering speaking about something this important to so many. She hated not being eloquent, not being able to put all her fancier thoughts down like these others could, and they had fancy sounding names to boot, some of them! Her name sounded pretty and fancy but only because she'd chosen it. She had gotten rid of her actual name years before.

She was still immensely embarrassed...she probably hadn't made much sense at all with this accursedly thick street accent. She got interested in [member="Michael Sardun"] and his Lord's of Light and decided she would go and get more details on them and what they were all about when she had time. [member="Coren Starchaser"] spoke of them not devolving into killers. Since Laertia had crossed that point years ago, she wasn't sure how to feel...if you took a life, even if you were one of the heroes, you were still a killer. Hardly any of these people could be said not to be killers. She had never forgotten what she was fighting for, so there was that.

She felt like a fish out of water. Others were already moralizing, like she expected. She sometimes wondered if the only reason she held to such aggressive beliefs was because she inherently believed they were the right answer or because in her prime she had somehow turned out to be too good at her job for her own good. But wasn't that the story with all of the survivors in the biz? Too good, too fast, or too damn spiteful to die? Somedays Laertia had stayed alive on the street just to stick her tongue out at Fate for still being here in spite of everything. Those were the days when all she had was this spiked jacket.

Everyone seemed to be talking some pointing out all the superficial stuff. Laertia wondered how long she'd have lasted in the ancient republic, with the super strict Jedi that had a lid on everything: She'd have probably been deemed more dangerous than the ones she hunted.

[member="Tellu Talon"] and [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] seemed to understand it was important to stop the Dark Side more than chat endlessly of differences. Laertia had no ear for debate. It was all gibberish, most philosophy, which too often had a habit of crashing into Reality and getting turned on its head.

"I'm innz fer' a Jehdie Allyance." she spoke up again. "Tuh quote sumbuddy a lotz smarterz dhen I iz: 'Wee musst all hanng tuhgethuz, orr wee shall shirley hanng seprutlee.'

Back to the meat grinder. Not for her...for every unlucky two-bit bogan follower too big for their evil looking robes.

It was time to spit on her hands, hoist that black flag and began running jerks through with a lightsaber...hopefully this time with more magic tricks and bunnies in the process. Oh, and stabbing Sith in the head. (Remember everyone! Head impalements on Sith are automatic Glory Kills!)

Laertia was unretired. What she couldn't have known at the time was that she would regret the hell out of the decision. But that day would not soon be here.

Not yet, anyway...

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

[member="Jend-Ro Quill"]

[member="Tiland Kortun"]

[member="Token Waters"]

[member="Calder Icehammer"]

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

[member="Cedric Grayson"]

[member="Kei Amadis"]

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

[member="Jerek Zenduu"]

[member="Ragnarac"]

Those who had spoken, Kahne received their messages well. Kahne glanced to those that he did know, and to those that he did. They all held valid points. But the only thing remained was would this plan of theirs come to fruition. Kahne considered himself a beacon of hope for those around him. Hope had come easy for him, not always though. It took time to develop such a thing. He had fought in many wars, won and lost more than he cared to share. The Jedi Order raised him, they gave him that sense of belonging and sense of purpose. He was forever grateful to them for what they did, and vowed never to stop fighting for them. And even beyond their disbandment or destruction. From the Old Galactic Republic, Galactic Alliance,Sacred Lotus and beyond.

The Jedi Master didn't stop then, and he wasn't about to stop now. @Coren Starchaster and [member="Coci Heavenshield"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] knew that as well. Simply put, they knew were Kahne stood on this matter. He would fight for them, and he would fight for this Coalition.

"Well..." Kahne declared to those that had spoken before him. Although it didn't need to be said, it was anyway. "My name is Kahne Porte, and I will stand with you."

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] [member="Kei Amadis"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Elara Amadis"] [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Tiland Kortun"] [member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Laertia Io"] [member="Ragnarac"] [member="Token Waters"] [member="Calder Icehammer"] [member="Tellu Talon"]

The gathering here was just what he was hoping for. He knew that he had other roles to play here, besides that of master of ceremony, but he had called these people together. He needed to discuss a few things and before the meeting was able to end, and people were able to mix and mingle, he had a few more things to discuss. But even he could feel the success of this meeting. Well, relative success. There were people ready to jump in, and others still who were questioning it. But Starchaser did have some answers.

He was looking around the group and nodded. Right now, he did want to speak to @Joshua Dragonsflame. There was a lot he needed to discuss with the Master of the Silver Order. But first things were first, he was up on the podium, and letting others speak their minds. Private conversations could ill in the discussion here. He wanted to voice most things out in the public, into the light, as it were. With the Heavenshield support, he was feeling stronger.

And Sardun and Grayson, two other outliers were throwing their sides into the pot as well. That would make an interesting spice in the mix, but he didn’t think it would sour everything. There were to be checks and balances. “And that is something we will continue to do, Master Icehammer. Taking up arms, but we are here to mend these fractures, to help the galaxy see a unified front, even if there are differences from Jedi to Jedi. School to school.” He nodded to [member="Calder Icehammer"]. He looked around the group.

He nodded to Master Xantha but held his reply until after The Princess, maybe, he wasn’t really sure how royalty worked, of Commenor spoke. She really cut to the core of the matter. Starchaser took a second and nodded. He heard [member="Veiere Arenais"] introduce [member="Loreena Arenais"].

“The student is right. And she seems to have been paying attention to the Jedi.” He offered a Corellian grin. “This is not something that will happen overnight, no. But to lead into Master Xantha’s point. While it is important to solidify our own base, we can’t do it without a path to take. What I am recommending is a Council of Masters. Some form of leadership, where representatives of the major and minor groups of Jedi are able to discuss our goals and aspirations, where the Jedi are needed in the galaxy, and who are going to respond. It won’t be the same as a Senate, Jedi groups will be able to act on their own, but they will have to answer to the Council.

“It will help keep the Jedi… honest, as it were. At least thinking. Operate as they all do, but be willing to support themselves. At times, a Council slows things down, but this will be a check and balance system. What is your take on that, Sor-Jan?”

“And Dragsonsflame is correct. It won’t be something we rush into. I don’t want the Jedi rushing off to assist or support each other before we are ready, but I know that its been happening. The Academy Network, the Praxeum, have been around bringing students to support one another. Silvers, and Confederate and Republic Jedi all together at the fall of the Alliance. We are there.

“What I feel we need is to more firmly establish what each group is looking for, in order to piece together the Orders in a …” He was reaching for an example and went with one most would know. But he couldn’t find the right word. “Cohesive approach. What I would like is a way to help point students to the proper group, but more than that, produce a document so people know who is willing to help on what stage.”

He looked at the Jedi and nodded.

Rag after hearing all the comments and concerns from the leaders of the groups. He had always dreamed of unifying the whole force. This jedi alliance was looking more and more possible. While he himself was technacally a member of the silver order, he has spent the last few years traveling between all the force based factions. Trying his best to learn what he could...He couldnt risk blowing this chance to unify at least the light. He took his step forward and puts his name on that list to help teach the younglings and to help the various groups mingle with the others.

Now it felt as if his cheeks were afire as Allya reminded the boy that all four of them had been together at one point on Chandrila. He reeled back slightly, letting his girlfriend take the lead in the conversation. Jerek was at peace with this, he relished seeing her fit in so well among Jedi, even if it was with Jedi that Allya already knew. It made him hopeful that Master Starchaser would see it, too, and learn to trust Allya as Jerek had come to do.

Listening to Lori speak to the assembly was a breath of fresh air for the boy. He had yet to hear anyone say what she did —though he had stepped out of the room for a bit, too— and it filled him with satisfaction to hear it voiced aloud and not just in his thoughts. Jerek wished he had the courage to speak out against all the masters and knights assembled, though, and dismally wondered if anyone would even listen to Lori in the first place.

He was pleasantly surprised to find that two of the masters actually did. Perhaps the Jedi were not dead yet, after all.

The thought swelled in his chest just as Allya laid her head against him, and he turned to look in surprise at the gesture. He listened to her talk, watching her energy and passion on the subject, in awe of her willingness to be so open in front of others. Jerek was impressed by her clear picture of the situation, and how easily she was able to convey thoughtfully it to a group of Jedi, he could hear nothing alarmingly Sith in her argument, at least until she admitted the danger she faced from her family for coming with him.

That thought bolstered Jerek, compounded by learning that Lori's father was also Veiere Arenais, the King of Commenor. So Allya wasn't the only person with family ties to the Force. Jerek was the only Force sensitive in his family, now that he brother was gone, and the Jedi actively discouraged him from seeking out his parents again. It made the Jedi his real family, and being at odds with them left the teen alone and floundering.

"Lori, your master is your father? And Allya, your family does, right?" the boy asked candidly, trying to ignore his earlier embarrassment. He wasn't jealous, really, but it would have been far more convenient for him to have a family member to rely upon for training. His had been sporadic and hodgepodge since the days when he resided primarily on Ossus. "And Asaraa, you're a knight. Who was your master? I don't have one, I haven't had one for a while now, and...I guess I'd like to change that."

[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]​

When [member="Coren Starchaser"] took to the floor once again, he had proven to have the right mind for the huge task he had set before him. Veiere understood the challenge of what Master Starchaser was trying to do; most, if not every Jedi in attendance understood and had their share of concerns as far as solidifying a permanent alliance between all Jedi organizations in the Galaxy.

Listening to Coren however, hearing of this Council of Masters and the notion of consistent communication between those at the head of these Organizations sounded promising...-So much so that Veiere might've shared his feeling encouraged in their chances of success, were someone to ask his opinion on the man's suggested approach to unifying them all, in some way, shape or form.

There wasn't anything further on his part to suggest, or to voice concern over. As far as he was concerned, Veiere wasn't currently part of any of the present organizations. Though in the weeks to come, events would lead him to lean on and eventually join the Silver Jedi Order, the fact remained that even following those few weeks, his joining them would be fresh and his responsibility being set on finding where he fit in terms of his future role as a returning Jedi Master.

For now, he simply stood and watched. Gauging the various reactions and facial expressions of those among them would potentially offer him an ear as to what they might be feeling on the matter, this potential council of council's, one might say. The mutual respect between organizations remained in tact, as would their individuality and so the potential risks or problems that had been raised had a good chance of being left behind them in exchange for a future of cooperation and promise.

Veiere simply smiled and lowered his gaze to take a moment and acknowledge the progress that had been made. He had attended by Coren's request and his hope for a good end-result had, in his opinion, played out rather well. There was still a good deal of hope for the Galaxy yet...

[member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Michael Sardun"]
[member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Elara Amadis"]

Well [member="Veiere Arenais"] blew her cover. Not that he fully knew who she was hiding it from. But geez. Lori didn't want EVERYONE to know that she was Royalty. Hopefully no one would really notice, or at the very least, no one would spread the word around. She just didn't want to be treated like some precious valuable that could fetch them a nice ransom, or someone that they could use to buy whatever they wanted. Nor did she want to only attract shallow people.

"Yeah, that's my Dad.
And yes, he's my Master."
She answered to both [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] and [member="Jerek Zenduu"] . And although she was proud of getting the courage to say her piece to all the adults, everything that she was hearing so far didn't really seem as though they were listening. Her Dad commented on what she said, yet everyone else seemed to be promising to almost discuss things at a later date. It's like they were agreeing to be friends, and then agreeing to perhaps get together and talk later. It was so....slow. Perhaps she was too young and inexperienced, but it just made no sense. It seemed like it was just layers of red tape being added when there should be next to none.

Lori munched on her treat. "I'm not sure what I want to do. Wait around until the end, I guess. Then maybe we can wonder off and explore."

Just how long had he been away from the Order?

A man with long hair stood and addressed Coci and Thurion. Very quickly, Sor-Jan got the idea that the man was speaking on behalf of the Silver Jedi, though the young Anzat was completely unfamiliar with who this man might be. During the war with the Mandalorian Clans, the former Levantine had sat on the Silver Council. Now, he doubted he could identify any of the current members of their order.

The long-haired Silver Jedi spoke more at length, yet his words seemed aimed at passions rather than the practical. Sentiment toward this alliance or coalition or Jedi Workers Labor Union (Local 448) was all well and good, but it had been said. And repeated. And then said again. Sor-Jan was much more interested in how they would accomplish this. Where would this League of Non-Aligned Jedi Orders derive its authority? What would be its funding source? And what piece of that funding would any of their orders be responsible for?

All ideas were good ideas, until someone had to pay the bill for them.

A Zabrak seemed to speak to the whimsical notion of how deceptively easy that it all sounded. Open their doors to one another. But how many times had they not? Whether the Jedi of the Galactic Republic facing an unrelenting assault by the One Sith, or the Silver Jedi besieged on both sides by the Primeval and the Mandalorians. Several examples came to mind of times in which Jedi had chosen to stick to the sidelines, allowing other Jedi to fight the battles that they would not.

Several examples came to mind of times that the Jedi had, in fact, aided their kin. Thyferra. Commenor. Likely still others that he merely wasn't familiar with. Despite being the CEO of one of the largest IT companies in the galaxy, Sor-Jan was hardly privy to the details of the plight of every planet everywhere.

Case in point, a woman with white hair spoke, introducing herself as belonging to a Jedi Order that he'd not even heard about before. Order of the Sacred... what? From Monastery?

That was a world in Confederate space. An eyebrow was raised as the boy listened to the woman speak, instantly curious about her. How was her order maintaining autonomy under the Knights Obsidian? For that matter, how was her Order operating under the Sith-held political regime of the Confederate Vicelord, [member="Darth Metus"]?

It seemed that Sor-Jan was more disconnected from the Jedi than he had realized. Which, at least was a realization that he could take with him when he left the conclave. Something he could reflect upon, to determine what he wanted to change about that.

As the boy brooded, various others stood to pledge their name to the cause. The fervor was alive and the youngling knight could appreciate the zeal with which Jedi were eager to rally themselves. Yet, the boy's mind continued to dwell on all that remained undecided.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] seemed to bring the discussion back to the questions that Sor-Jan had posed. A Council of Masters? The youngling just blinked. To be entirely frank, that was a tad bit more traditional of a reply than he had expected from the man. Sor-Jan didn't know him, other than by reputation, but it was his understanding that Coren had been a student of [member="Jorus Merrill"]. And Sor-Jan did know Jorus. Conventional and Merrill were not words that one used in the same sentence, so it was somewhat startling to see the student so eager to put in place the very structure that had governed the Jedi during the Old Republic -- the Jedi High Council.

"What is your take on that, Sor-Jan?”

The youngling knight leaned in with interest. His skepticism was triggered, but he tried not to dwell on the obvious details that might otherwise derail the conversation: How would these masters be appointed? What qualifications would they need? And would there be any review of the nomination process? Finally, he boy gave a faint smile as he offered warmly, "Well, Master Starchaser, I think all of us should appreciate that an offer of more councils is certainly a time-honored Jedi tradition."

With that bit of frivolity aside, the boy merely added, "I suspect that the details of who and how this Council is seated will be worked on and agreed to over time. So, to your question, I think my answer is: It depends. But, I shall offer what I can to the cause."

Tython
Jedi gathering
The Dawnguard

The unexpected address from Master Josh DragonsFlame, kind hearted in his words, made Coci feel somewhat awkward, which she knew was not Josh’s intention but to her at least, there was more to the growth of an Order of Jedi than it’s leaders. There had to be strong people of the same mind and ideals as their leaders and who were willing to build on something together to make it better continually. Coci just smile and nodded his way in her form of appreciation, besides Thurion and herself had inherited a strong Order when they came into office, those foundations were created by another.

The first part of the meeting had reached a conclusion of sorts, most in the room at the point in which they believe an alliance was immediate. In a sense this was the easier part, there was only ever a few exceptions against it in the past and so she was not surprised the current group at the gathering had form an accord. However, Coren stood to address the room again and it came to the stage in the meeting that was going to make or break this gathering.

Previously at other convocations, the meetings had reached this point and that is where things began to fall apart. No agreement was ever reached, and if it had it did not last long, so like Master Xantha, she was sceptical. A High Council, Circle of Master .. whatever the name it amounted to the same thing. Coci sat in thought, in the past there had been too many difference between the groups or rather, the individuals that lead the groups. In some cases there was bad blood.

She did not know the relations between everyone here, some of which were even new to her, but the attitudes had changed, and the force was not required to sense that in the room. But was a council even required? And what would be it’s role in the greater scheme of things. And she supposed Coren suggest “Masters”, simply because they are wise, she grinned at the thought, how many had she met that weren’t.

Coci was not going to dismiss the idea nor speak against if she did not have an alternative to suggest herself. She would add a point however. “Master Starchaser, if I might ask a question. Why masters? Some of the Orders have members who are not Jedi, or rather attuned to the force. Leaders of Admiralty or Generals in military forces that are equally as important as any master. In forming an alliance I understand that there needs to be a body of elected officials that represent each group but can that not include others? This may bring a balance to the leadership and not make it so, one dimensional”.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Ragnarac"] | [member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Elara Amadis"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] | [member="Asha"] | [member="Domino"] | [member="Kaya Neri"] | [member="Tellu Talon"]

"Now you're starting to sound a true republic," Tellu remarked, a comment on [member="Coci Heavenshield"]'s latest statements. Not that she disagreed enitrely, "surely there is room for those who have mastered the lightside but do not define themselves as Jedi. As for admirals and generals, are there not rebels who seek guidance are there not militias and peoples who yearn to be free of tyranny's yoke?" The Echani's words were aimed for those who would listen, "let us see to our own first, and that is a fracture in the light - let us mend our own wounds before we tend to others." It was a suggestion as she stepped forward interceding whatever it was that [member="Coren Starchaser"] might have to say.

"When the light no longer divides itself then we can turn out attention to other matters," and if that meant a new galactic republic, a new alliance or coalition then so be it. "For now, might I suggest that this council of light be seated by an appointed representative of each order? Perhaps for now, no more than that, and let us open this up to those attuned to the light. Let us share our knowledge, for starters and see where we can go from there." Of course there would be a question of where the council would be located but did it really have to be put on a single planet? There was a beauty to this, "and as for where the council should be seated - may I also suggest each order have a chance at hosting the council? We each come from different parts of the galaxy our homes are beautiful and this presents us the opportunity to share in that beauty."

Still there was the matter of being avaliable to one another when push came to shove, "and regardless of councils - a time honored tradition as Master Xantha has pointed out, let us be there for one another. There are not so many of us that we can simply remain quiet when another is in the fight. That above all is how we can show that we are here for each other, and when another is need of food, of shelter let us give what we can. Even when we haven't much to give, know that it is everything to those who recieve it." Showing did more than talking, and Tellu was sure that they were all capable of doing so.

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Elara Amadis"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"]s | [member="Kaya Neri"] | [member="Asha"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Jend-Ro Quill"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Kahne Porte"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Calder Icehammer"] | [member="Bekk Mag'ra"] | [member="Tiland Kortun"] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Laertia Io"] | [member="Ragnarac"]

Allya reached down, and took a muffin. It looked delicious and she took a big bite of it. With her mouth full, Jerek asked her a question. Those brown eyes went wide and she managed to swallow the bite as fast as she could. “Ah yeah. I was originally trained by my mom and dad. Then, when I was taken from my home, I was trained by my Aunt, and Uncles far more. Dad still trained me a lot, made sure I was ready. But, it was Uncle Cardinal that did most of my basic training. Uncle Adron, and Uncle Tacitus taught me a lot about control, and Aunt Srina taught me how to fight and stay calm. My father.....he um. Well yeah, they are all.....you know.” She didn't want to just say in the room full of Jedi that her entire family were Sith. Each of them were labeled among the most powerful Sith in the CIS, if not the galaxy. But, it was reality. Allya shrugged. “But, honestly....I don't have a real master. I learn bits and pieces from everyone. They each teach me something new, and I take it, and add it to my knowledge.”

“Honeslty, I was looking for a Jedi to train me in combat techniques. I was curious how it would differ from my own studies so far. But, I feel like, it would be a good thing to learn as well. And Oh! Jerek, dearest, you should find one then. I mean, maybe find several like I do. There may not be a perfect master for you, or there may be. But, at least you should learn some things and push your studies along. Oh, there is this lovely temple on Kashyyyk, with a lot of wonderful masters of all levels of ability. I go there to just watch the training, or to browse the library. Even knowing who I am, they treated me with respect and dignity, and I felt absolutely safe there. So, we could try and train together!”

Those large eyes of her got larger, and she laughed heavily. “Hahah, that would be amazing!” Some image passed through her mind, of her and Jerek as they meditated, ate together, maybe read some books, trained in lightsabers and martial arts, as they sparred together. It made her jump up and down. “Oh yes, that would be lovely!”

Finally she turned to Lori, and her eyes went to the woman's food. Allya snuck up slowly on the woman, and with a swipe of her hand, she attempted to steal some of Lori's food! “Bwhahaha! The dreaded stealer of food hath cometh!”

[member="Jerek Zenduu"]
[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Smirking the young knight pointed her thumb over her shoulder, pointing in the direction of @Josh Dragonsflame as he stood talking to the other masters. "He of the long hair himself," it was a shame that Josh was over by the masters but maybe she'd be lucky and he'd catch the latest installation in her constant fon teasing. "The Master of the Order, over there. So I guess in a way he still is." It was kinda funny really, you never stopped learning but for her master to be the master of the entire order kinda made him everyone's boss, something she delighted in teasing him about, though to be fair he gave as good as he got normally. Although now in the middle of a congregation of the Jedi, well he couldn't exactly retaliate, could he? Without any further conscious thought the girl's eyes started to flick around the room, categorizing everything she saw as a potential target for use in a prank. It was a moment that lasted 2 or 3 seconds, seconds during which plans bounced through her head, seconds it took her to remember they were here as representatives of the order, a job Josh couldn't really do if he was covered in punch...maybe next time.

Putting the thoughts behind her the teenager gave [member="Loreena Arenais"] a thumbs up, grinning at the girl as she turned away from the crowd of masters. "You were great! Everyone gets so wrapped up in their history, in all the reasons that things haven't worked in the past or slights that have happened that they sometimes don't see where we are now, what we need to do. Who knows, maybe speaking up could change a few minds, could help push people along the path." A thumb jerked over her shoulder at [member="Tellu Talon"], "That's a good start, sharing knowledge and making sure to help one another, it'd be nice to see more and more co-operation between us all." A grin pulled her lips into a smile, exposing white teeth as she grinned at her two companions, "That sounds like a pretty good plan, even if you have just one master they can't be an expert in everything ever. Everyone has their specialities, we were always encouraged to seek out new masters, to take classes when they're given." She fell silent for a moment, teeth working at her lower lip before she nodded, "If any of you want, to learn or ask someone for training I bet you could just stop by Kashyyyk, the master's don't bite and they're all friendly." Eyeing [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] cautiously Asaraa gestured, the treats lifting off the plate, hovering above their heads, just out of reach as she grinned sweetly at the other girl, the light of amusement dancing in her eyes, "Ha, the dread stealer of food and treats defeated!"

[member="Jerek Zenduu"]

The Echani at the back of the hall was often one for theoretical discourse, but it was enough today that he was present to watch it unfold. Not much of a fan of republics. While Kei hated that politics got in the way of action. Taiden hated that politics got in the way of politics, the natural flow of things twisting in on itself to argue with itself about how to be itself. He hoped they didn't fall into that trap here. "Be mindful of sides. Title and Kings." He said quietly to anyone nearby. Hoping they didn't fracture.

Instead, as the others debated he sought to make a small exit to the temple gardens, they were here as one mind and body, which was enough. Words didn’t matter past this point, they were just going to make the situation more complicated than it need be. Cheap ways of building trust which was earned over lifetimes. At least for him. The lawmakers would attend to the law. The rest would live it.

With a polite bow, the Kethborn went to observe some of the famed plant life the Jedi were known to cultivate on Tython. Preferring the outdoors and the path before him. Which today seemed somewhat easier. Bending down to observe a leaf, his full white attire was as traditional as they come, saber, boot, and tunic. Silver eyes observing the mark of something fascinating. Life changing and growing naturally, without words to shape it, and rules to bind it in a set direction. The ground needed to be firm, the water was needed, the light essential, but that plant was its own.

Jerek couldn't help but smile at Allya's bubbly chatter. It wasn't inane, she seemed to have a similar process that he did for thinking, but the boy's girlfriend just seemed to lack the filter that kept the process inside his head. It was amusing, but also informative, cluing Jerek into her thoughts without the kind of formatting he had to do first to package his thoughts for public consumption. Especially among the Jedi, reservation was a prized attribute. It made him wonder how much was being left unsaid by the moot attendees as well.

The padawan nodded at Lori's and Allya's confirmation of his question, and Allya's suggestion of learning from multiple masters. That was a basically what he had been doing for a while, just not so formally. But his thoughts grew deeper when Asaraa mentioned being trained by Master DragonsFlame, looking over her shoulder as the solitary knight among the four pointed him out. As much as he would love to train alongside his girlfriend, Jerek felt it was imperative for him to look for a solo apprenticeship first. He had let his skills and training languish to focus on his piloting abilities, leaving a large gap between where he should be compared to his peers. The powers he had seen demonstrated in the invasion were a testament to that.

"Do you think Master DragonsFlame would take on another student while being Master of the Order? What did you have to do in order to become his apprentice?" the boy asked of Asaraa. There were so many masters here, but many of them were selective in the students they trained. He couldn't imagine someone like the King of Commenor would just take any old padawan if he had his daughter, the princess, to train already, and Master Starchaser seemed far too busy with planning his recent operations to take someone for training.

The tone of his voice and requests were serious, but Jerek couldn't help but laugh when he saw Allya reach for the plate of sugary goodies with a roaring declaration, only to have it held high above her head by Asaraa through the Force. The boy chuckled at his girlfriend's attempt, "Your big mistake, babe, was broadcasting your intentions."

The giddiness relieved him of any shortcomings he felt as an eligible padawan for apprenticeship. "I mean, if nothing else, Asaraa," Jerek pointed out brazenly to Asaraa, unwilling to let his courage falter now. He tossed his head while bringing his hand up to the back of it, slipping it underneath the longer blond locks in back and flipping them out. "we of the long hair have to stick together."

Allya must not have liked his earlier assessment, or found his silly gesture to Asaraa endearing somehow, and he felt her hand in his hair, her fingers caressing the soft-blond locks and the top of his scalp as she pressed her body up against his back. Her possessiveness probably should have worried him, but the boy found it cute, turning the worry into a jest instead. He reached out through the Force, using it to grab one of the baked morsels from the plate and bring it low enough that he could pluck it from the air. The boy brought it to his mouth and took a bite, grinning in satisfaction at the way its texture melted on his tongue. "Mmmm, they're so good. You should try one, Allya."

[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]​

Allya watched Asa float all the food away she had so sneakily tried to get. Large brown eyes narrowed, and she moved over to the woman, and grinned. The young woman put her face right close to Asa's, her eyes gazing into Asa's with playfulness, as she leaned down so she was face to face with the seated woman. Their noses and lips were mere centimeters apart. “I'm watching you Asa, I'm watching you. If this was normal, we would have had a grand telekinetic battle. The scale of the epicness would be great. It would then become an even more epic food fight which would not end until we were exhausted, totally covered in food goo, and one us us was the victor.....or we just decided to sit and eat the food we used, cause it's bad to waste food.” If able, she would then stand back up, and stick her tongue out at her playfully.

“Yes, cyar'ika. I underestimated my true opponent.” Her eyes went to Asa's outfit, and form and shook her head. “Completely and utterly underestimated. But! That is okay! It's still great.” Allya moved behind him and grinned. “I love your hair long like this. It's just nice.” Dark skinned fingers ran through his hair as she tenderly caressed it, and brushed it out. “And miiiine. Unless Lori or Asa want to help me put ribbons and glitter in your hair, then they can touch too.” Her voice was full of goodnatured teasing. She allowed her body to rest gently against his back, as she brushed his hair.

However, as Jerek pulled some down, she pouted. How badly she wanted to use her powers. However, she was still a dark side user. The only thing stopping the Lords of Light from slaughtering her, or from her causing panic was the void stone around her neck, that cut her off from the force. While the Masters knew she was there, this was....necessary. She knew what she was. Raised Sith, and only recently had begun to even question it. Still this was a fun time. Seeing, hearing, she just wish she could feel. However, she was not about to let this get her down!

Once Jerek took a bite of his food, she leaned over his shoulder, and dangled herself from him. She leaned over his shoulder further and further, and tried to take a bite of the deliciousness found in Jerek's hand. “Cyar'ikaaaaaa, don't teeeeaaaaaseeeee meeeeee.” No matter what happened in getting the food or not, her fate was sealed, she tumbled over his shoulder, with a heavy gasp and her back fell onto his lap as her eyes now faced the ceiling. “Ooof!”

[member="Jerek Zenduu"]
[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

"Honestly, he lives for this, I mean not this," Asaraa swept her hand around the moot, taking in all the Jedi, "this is the job. But helping Padawans, training them? I think that's probably one of the things that he loves the most, well apart from playing with his son." It was at times like this that they really needed a Dragon signal, something she could use to get Josh's attention but shooting a ball of flame up into the air probably wasn't the best way to get her old master's attention. "If you want to meet him then I can...umm get his attention somehow." The girl's white teeth sank into her lower lip as she stared across the room in thought for a moment before a wicked smile lit up her face. "So yeah, plus he's got a sense of humour, not many Jedi masters are willing to prank back and forth with their students." She knew Josh was willing to give as good as he got, but in the middle of a meeting like this...maybe tone it back a little. As she spoke the pink-haired one touched the force, reaching out through it to tweak Josh on the shoulder. Hopefully, that would be enough to get his attention without having to resort to more desperate measures.

Message deliver it was time to focus on more important things, such as brownies. another flick of her wrist summoned a brownie down from the plate floating about their heads, grasping the soft fluffy treat between her fingers as she smirked past it at the girl draped over Jerek, "We could totally get some nice pink and purple ribbons threaded through that hair, maybe even put some bells into it too, cause who doesn't wanna tinkle as they walk?" The brownie vanished into her mouth as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Anytime you wanna engage in glorious combat until you are beaten I'm always game. Until then," she pointed up, twisting her hand as the plates started dancing above their heads.

[member="Jerek Zenduu"]
[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom