Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A beacon of light [Army of Light - Meet-Up]

Yusan grinned as he say @[member="Aditya Amadis"] go up and be with @[member="Kei Amadis"], his eyes still drifting over the faces of newcomers. More he knew, and more he didn't. He drank from a a canteen he had with him and scrolled through a datapad, looking over files he had and more so a copy of a certain holocron he had acquired. Taking in every word he heard that was said he glanced over and drank from the canteen again before just watching silently from his table.

Cambria watched and listened as new people spoke for the first time, and old again and again; some points she agreed with wholeheartedly on both sides of the discussion, and some not so much. Each of their words were taken in thoughtfully, and would be weighed equally and carefully. The Jedi Knight was not one to jump into things rashly, but once her mind was made up that was that; her full attention and devotion given to that task.

The blue-skinned Twi'lek had not been ignoring the seemingly care free young woman standing next to her who had introduced herself when first arriving, but rather had waited for a more opportune time to do the same. The amusing break in the somewhat heated discussion was just that.

"No, we have not… I am Cambria Zadira. Nice to meet you, @[member="Natol'ine"]," she said with a smooth Twi'lek accent thickly stuck to her words and a small, friendly smile upon her naturally colored berry lips. "Have you already made your mind up about joining the Army of Light?"

Starleaves n Stimcafs
@[member="Cambria Zadira"] "Nice t'meetcha," she flashed a smile looking over at the people speaking the loudest, "Boys being boys." Didn't matter if they were Jedi or not, they were still being boys, she felt like knocking their heads together. Natol'ine smirked, she didn't go in for the whole speeches and stuff, more of a gentle voice as she spoke to the knight, "Kinda want to help though," she hmm'd softly. She had personal reasons for being here, the break in the spine, the implants. Not letting the discomfort on, she didn't let it bother her. Keeping a low level light inside herself to control the discomfort, something she'd been able to do since Coruscant, but others could probably feel that discomfort like @[member="Cambria Zadira"].

"Hope nobody minds back home, just, you know, be nice to help." It was still Nato saying these words, but the senate had changed her, made her want to help someone more than herself for a change. Resting against the ledge, aurora the light in the dark on her hip, she was relaxed, but doing something didn't mean she had to be shouting that out though.

She did laugh softly with @[member="Vulpesen"], he was a character, she was going to like him. It was good to see a Jedi who could laugh.

Walking with conviction, Sera started taking glasses of refreshing juice, ice wine, corellian whiskey, bantha milk or crystal clear water around to everyone, offering them some refreshment. The drinks were mixed as the company was mixed. Carried and offered on a tray, she gave each one a dip of her head and a bright fiery smile, blue upon sea blue eyes shining against the red she wore.

It didn't matter where they were going. It didn't matter that she was called. The force wanted her to bring cheer not pain, the collective will was that here in all places they needed that cheer. You could see it with the example given, this is the fire the Sith would give them, only they saw it from a Jedi's point of view today. The black out there was, cold, it might be unforgiving. Everyone got a glass and a moment, a small prayer under her breath and a gesture of kindness. To her selfless acts were not selfless, they were the force's will.

She especially paid attention to @[member="Manu Xextos"], @[member="Tracyn Ordo"], @[member="Kei Amadis"], and @[member="Carn Dista"] if they accepted her smile and offering, feeling the most tension still lingering from them. The Priestess of Kintan came from a dry, unforgiving homeland, and knew to make the best of these moments, the few they would have. She knew what they must do, the scrolls spoke of such things happening in the past, and the judgement afterwards.

The force judged and balanced all things in time.

Live in Light, Surf Master
An empty pulse weakened Manu's ribcage, he kept his posture up but inward the man was caving. He'd showed too much, gone too long without a deeper meditation or a good meal. The Crystal Sleep hadn't left without penalty and it was one the Echani General was still paying. Using the excuse of @[member="Aditya Amadis"] ' delightful entrance, Manu bowed his head with laughter silently shaking his shoulders and put his arm around @[member="Taiden Keth"]'s shoulders for support. He leaned down to whisper in his fellow Echani's ear.

"Don't remember how I got to @[member="Kei Amadis"]' door after I awoke, but his was the first face I saw. It's uncanny isn't it? How much of the man resides in that flesh." He shook his head, pale lips pressed together. "If your Ancestor had found first a woman like that? He would have been a beautiful thing. Aditya Amadis has become the most important entity in the Army of Light, if I read the spirit in Kei rightly. Raien always had a deeper horror before he met the true love of his life. If he'd met her first as Kei had done? We must protect her."

An act of love had ultimately done it here as it had then, hadn't it? Wasn't Ahani's love the origin of the Crystal Sleep? A slim fragment of peace came to Manu's body as he rectified more of the heart Ahani still had and what it meant now in this incarnate sweetheart who offered hugs to strange men and fighting gods. @[member="Sera Inkari"] drifted in with crimson and a drink tray and Manu nodded his great head, eye catching her.

His face fell. He shook it, eyes blinking. "Your gifts, my dear, are well met and precious. Thank you." Taking a glass of ice wine, he felt outward to touch her spirit with the Force in him, his face a little paler now he grafted a smile onto it and sipped his drink. Snapping his fingers, he called five of the Guardsmen to his side. "We are what the army requires. Go help @[member="Sera Inkari"] bring companionship to this mass of aliens." They bowed and rushed to serve, following Sera's impetus and gravity. Instilling a deep breath into his bones, Manu walked to @[member="Kei Amadis"], @[member="Michael Sardun"] and @[member="Felix Emer"]. "I see we have a mascot, eh? Are you just excited about being able to play with so many new faces? Are you going to take good care of your Master?" The Echani said, bending down to pet Max again. He gave the dog a back rub then stood with a tiny groan.

"Gentlemen, our first battle is won. Cheers. And congratulations Kei, you've got the perfect wife. Do we have to find one for you, too Michael?" Although his smile was broad, a duo of Echani stayed close by Manu as silent receivers, for they could tell not all was right with him.

Yusan stood and walked towards the crowd as he watched the area up where @[member="Kei Amadis"], @[member="Manu Xextos"], and the others were conversing. He stop nearby @[member="Cambria Zadira"] and @[member="Natol'ine"] and spoke more to himself rather than to anyone in particular. "They see all buddy buddy already dont they. I guess theres no better reason than to be glee at a time like this, we all need alittle optimism and happiness once in a while after all." He drank from his glass again, glancing and smiled at Natol'ine. "Ehh miss, we got to live every day like the last and perhaps insult a few Sith lords while im at it. Because thats always a smart idea."

It was really hard for a rigid and scarred man such as Vex to laugh... but @[member="Aditya Amadis"] managed to take out a smile out of the Padawan... one genuine smile of amuzement. The conflict generated was quickly put to an ease due to the entrance and all of a sudden they were all having a good time and talking to one another.

A group full of Force Sensitive and Non Force Sensitive beings with different ideals, with one goal and bonding together around one person... as @Manu Xentos said: she was now someone important within the Army.

When @[member="Sera Inkari"] offered refreshments, Vex gladly took a corellian whiskey from her. "Thank you my lady" said the man while inmediately taking a sip of the glass. He didn't even remembered when he had a glass of such fine liquid, but the taste that ran through his tongue and that slightly warmed his chest made him happy.

"This is were I have to be" whispered the young man mostly to himself, while he crossed one of his arms and used the other to take another sip of the whiskey. The young man then approached the Senator @[member="Yusan Fenn"] and decided who was talking to two girls just to share a few words without interrupting his conversation. "The Army of Light will need a Jedi Sniper... one without joy" said in a joking manner hoping that he would get the reference from the first time they met "I'll help in anyway I can"

Second thoughts on rushing in and stealing the spotlight? Bah! With all that stodgy tension, Aditya knew Kei would thank her for changing the tune. And he did. People were laughing! Laughter was great! "Did. . . doesn't that guy like me!?" Aditya's mouth went agape, she nearly frowned at @[member="Carn Dista"]'s slight. Was she doing something wrong? Aditya's deep black and red eyes peered up at @[member="Kei Amadis"], and then he said it all. 'My wife is my business.' His wife. He admitted it! To everybody! And grinned and held her and life, well, could life be more perfect?

Maybe now Aditya didn't need to be scared of losing Kei. She grinned and giggled, wrapping her arms around him and taking that kiss full-force. "Mmmhmmmrrhphrmmm." Curled up into Kei's side, Aditya put her head on his shoulder and basked in the glow. Everyone was laughing, relaxing and getting to know each other. Mission accomplished. "Wow, did those Echani bow!? You must be really important, Kei! Look! They're bowing for you." Aditya fussed with Kei's collar, puffing up her little chest and waving back to the Echani. "You get a hug!" Bounding off to @[member="Taiden Keth"], Aditya threw her arms around him and grinned. "Welcome! Welcome all of you! Go on, pass the hugs along. Hug it out, everybody! Hug it out!"

She skipped off toward the others, as @[member="Sera Inkari"] came up with drinks, Aditya clapped her hands. "Oh I like you! Lookit! Lookit that, it's a party! Our first party, Kei! It's our party." she called back at Kei, grinning softly at her husband, coming into his enveloping arms long enough to squeeze her arms around his chest as @[member="Manu Xextos"] said his pieces. "I'm perfect! The . . that guy said so! You were scary, Echani dude. Please don't do that again." Looking to @[member="Michael Sardun"], Aditya offered a hand "Are you. . I don't know who you are yet, but you sound impressive. Like, really. How do you know Kei? Umm. . sorry, there's something missing. Excuse me."

Taking a Corellian Whiskey for herself, all was not yet right for Aditya Amadis. She pouted, gave her whiskey to Kei and took hold of another drink. She pushed her shoulders down and strutted over to @[member="Carn Dista"]. "Master Sir? Please have a drink with us. I don't know why everyone was arguing and I don't know what to say to make it better. I'm just a ballerina who put herself through Engineering classes and loves her man more than anything else in the universe. I'm not a force of nature like you, but I do hope this helps a little. Thank you for coming."

And whether @[member="Carn Dista"] liked it or not, the little Epicanthix woman threw her arms around his waist and gave him a hug. Aditya had confidence it would all work out ok.

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Aditya Amadis"]

Unfortunately for the Epicanthix, it was not going to be okay.

While Carn was patient, there were certain acts that tested the limits he had. Uncalled for hugging was one of them. Fortunately for him she had opted for his waist and not his arms, and so he was free to very calmly place his thumbs on the two pressure points at the base of her neck on her shoulders. For a moment it looked like the Jedi would simply stand there and allow her the hug, but he had other intentions. Carn pressed into the pressure points with just enough strength to make her break the hug out of discomfort, yet nowhere near with enough strength to cause her any form of pain whatsoever.

With the hug broken, the Jedi Master continued to shift her away until she was stood by an ever so slightly more respectful distance away from him, so he could remove his hands from her shoulders.

"Your thanks can remain verbal next time."

Kei had wanted celebration but one Jedi Master still could not except love, interesting really, when Kei and those here were going to war, but they could find peace in war. That was what he'd show him, emotion yet peace. Protection yet forgiveness.

@[member="Carn Dista"]

Kei walked calmly over to his wife and to Carn, kissing Aditya on the cheek, making sure she was not hurt, "Please go and get the others a drink, my beautiful wife, " He stood face to face with Carn, grining and giving him a respectful nod, in no uncertain terms making sure Carn was facing him, about two feet away.

Carn was obviously not sent by the Jedi council, Kei was a fool to believe he was. This was who their Master's were representing them now? No this was all Carn, this wasn't darron, syn or dragonsflame, they never would have gone there, they were far too much of a man, and a Jedi, to do this to a woman or anyone giving them a hug. That was the crux of the thing, from his studies, to a real old school Jedi a hug was a hug, woman or not.

"I don't know who you are or why you would refuse love, I cannot say who has hurt you in the past, but I forgive you for hurting my wife." He was genuinely sorry for this man, whoever he was could not feel any kind of love, peaceful or not, Jedi needed that compassion, love, else what were they but robots. He breathed deeply, looking at the Master, someone who was strong in the force, but Kei was also a man, who loved a woman, and married her. That was who Carn was manhandling right in front of him, a test to provoke him, a very chidish test now. Lesser men would have lunged for Carn, Kei was not a lesser man.

"You would be the most ill equipped Jedi here of all to stay and fight for anyone, leave in peace." He smiled, that was the general, that was the Jedi, that was what everyone expected of him. @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] was ten times the man Carn was at the moment to Kei. Tracyn he gave a damn. Kei could stand beside @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] because he would not have done this to a women.

Though this was Kei, the man, not the robot. "Any woman deserves respect and you broke that today, you are not a Jedi. It wasn't the council that came, but you. I am sorry I spoke ill of the council, because all today was about, was one man, one small man. Who is no longer welcome" Kei breathed deep of the force, and turned away, leaving Carn to himself and taking his wife with him, Echani flanking him as he did so Carn now found himself facing half a dozen Echani bodies who were equally unimpressed as Kei was. Not moving or fighting, just standing right in front of the master as a white wall, a wall of light.

Carn's pressure point push sent jolts through the peppery Epicanthix. Her mouth fell open, and in her surprise she sputtered backward and fell straight down on her backside. "Did. . . did that. . . did that just happen?! Oof!" Within a half-second there were several people offering to help her up, and Aditya brushed herself off, pouting angrily in @[member="Carn Dista"]'s direction. He pushed her away! Nobody pushed away the Hug of Friendship! It was a universal law of physics! A law of attraction! A . . . @[member="Kei Amadis"]' kiss on her cheek settled the building urge to punch Carn in the nose. "Ye..yeah. Yes. Drinks! Come on, people, does everybody have their drink of choice?" She skipped around, smile on her face and took to pouring drinks and handing them out with hugs.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"] & @[member="Vexander Graves"] Aditya bounded up, wide grin on her face and cocked her head to the side. "I don't know you both yet either! Pleased to meetcha! Thank you for coming, I know I sure appreciate you being here. Would you like a drink? I might be able to wrangle up some snack food if you like, I don't know what's in the kitchens, but it's worth a gander if anybody's hungry." After hopping over and speaking with Yusan & Vexander, Aditya waved to @[member="Vulpesen"] hoping to join him in the conversation with a hug for the howling laugher. "Hey, Mister! You look like loads of fun, thanks for being so cheerful, it makes the day much easier all things considered. Did you get your drink yet?"

This whole time, as she flitted from person to person embracing and spreading her smiling joy, Aditya had angled her body to have a direct sight and firing line at Kei and Carn. Kei's calm brushed against her with the stalwart seduction of the Alpha Male, Aditya couldn't help but grin even wider, even brighter. Her man, she knew he had leadership in his bones, and now she knew most importantly of all that he wouldn't cast her aside as just a sometimes girl. A wall of white warrior muscle stood before Carn. Sliding her arm around Kei's waist, she slipped up on her tip toes to kiss him, her eyes a pleasing collective of black and red and thankfulness. . .

And then she dragged Kei over to grab their drinks and towed him with both her arms around his waist back to @[member="Yusan Fenn"], @[member="Vexander Graves"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Manu Xextos"] and @[member="Michael Sardun"]. "Come on, Kei! It's our party! Let's go greet everybody, wow you've got tons of muscle. . . like, are you a Jedi Tank or something? I'm a lucky woman. . . c'mooon! Over here! These people look cool! Introduce me! Please my temptingly scrumptious pinnacle of masculinity?"

Yusan opened his mouth to speaked to the somewhat painfully energetic woman as she came over, then she left again so he dropped the thought. Then she came back once more with Kei in tow prompting a laugh from Yusan before he tried to speak again, this time stopped by Carliah bumping into him. He looked back at her and grinned, shrugging off both her being late and her knocking into him. "Its no matter Carliah, do you have the datapad i asked you to go get?" He stared at her for a few seconds, his calm, content, and rather cheerful expression never leaving his face during the entire scene. @[member="Carliah Dakrone"] @[member="Aditya Amadis"]

Carliah Dakrone

Walking the Path to Redemption
"Uh.... I think so." Carliah handed him a datapad. "I hope i grabbed the right one... I uh... Can't really tell those things apart." She stuttered a bit as she spoke, a nervous habit that only seemed to appear around her boss.@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Vulpesen smiled at the girl's infectious glee. Amaran's were an extremely care-free species(something that seemed to be a pattern considering their proximity to Zeltros), and Vulpesen had been raised by the fox like species. It was only natural that he take on much of their attitude. However, he'd also been raised by an upstanding member of the planet's society and thus manners were not lost to him as he accepted her invitation to join them. "You're quite welcome, and I simply couldn't help myself. You certainly know how to make an entrance." Kei seemed to have had some luck in picking someone who truly cared for him, a fact that was not lost to Vulpesen as he was constantly gaining more respect for the man who he would see as one of the group's leaders. "Since Kei's mind seems to be in other places, I believe I shall introduce myself. My name is Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso, Vulps for short." He'd known people who couldn't even complete his first name, but his practiced words slipped easily off his tongue. It was his basic formal greeting, free from titles to impress the politicians, but polite enough to leave a good impression on those he met. @[member="Aditya Amadis"]

Yusan took it and checked it, it hadnt been the right one but oh well, no reason to worry about it. He could always be back at his apartment in no time if needed. "Thank you Miss Carliah, by the way..." He turned his head to the others, speaking with a cheerful voice as he looked among them. "Im Yusan Fenn and this is my assistant Carliah Dakrone." He put the datapad in his robes as he would not need it and made the slight bow that he always did to people, both a habit and a sign of respect. @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Carliah Dakrone"] @[member="Aditya Amadis"] @[member="Kei Amadis"]

Carliah Dakrone

Carliah sensed his slight disappointment at it being the wrong datapad but said nothhing. She really hated being blind to anything but animate or force connected objects.@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Aditya swept into a graceful curtsey for @[member="Yusan Fenn"], eyes down and posture straight. "Welcome. It's fantastic to see so many Echani in attendance. I've never seen a collective quite like it. We had a couple Echani in my ballet troupe, I couldn't tell them apart until they were dancing. I remember working so hard to get my choreography down with enough grace, but not Fe'no and Ghean, those two brothers watched once and got it. It was really beautiful." Concentrating hard, Aditya tried to find something she could talk to Yusan about. The energy level of the crowd was much better now, another couple of moments and maybe Aditya didn't need to try so hard.

@[member="Vulpesen"] "Thank you! Like I was going to leave Kei hanging. Come on, did you guys see yourselves? There was so much tension I thought someone would break down in tears. Tension's not what today's about. Pleased to meet you, Vulpy! No, Vup-s. No! Vulps. I got it. I'm horrible with names." Aditya couldn't help but spread her arms out for a second or three. @[member="Carliah Dakrone"] "C..Car.. Carliah? do you have any nail polish?"

Bit of an odd turn of conversation, but the Epicanthix Engineer rubbed the back of her neck. "I just, when I'm trying to tell some things apart in my tool kit, I use a dot or two of different kind of nail polish on the undersides, that way it's something I can see and feel. A raised surface and colour, you know? Especially with my spanners. Each one's a totally different measurement and I hate to crawl out from under the engine Im working on when I could feel it. So many things all look the same at a glance." Completely oblivious to any blindness, and completely devoid of any Force connection herself, Aditya was thinking like a woman trying to stay organized in a chaotic world. Nothing more. She motioned for one of the Echani warriors @[member="Manu Xextos"] had turned into temporary servers and had her bring a tray of drinks. "Carliah, please have a drink with us. It's nice to meet you. You must be dedicated."

Rubbing @[member="Kei Amadis"]' back, Aditya finally chilled back on her laurels to enjoy the company.

"He's descendant of the Border Collie, an old herding dog. We used to live on an acreage where there was a pack of wolves nearby so I think he picked up on it from them." Felix replied to @[member="Vulpesen"] "He is cute, isn't he?"
Border_Collie_Eyes_by_Ekonsine.jpg

"He's a loyal friend, that's for sure. I probably would be in a lot worse shape without him." @[member="Manu Xextos"] Max nuzzled his snout into Manu's hand and give him a few licks with a whimper. If anything else this dog was intuitive and he could sense that Manu was anything but okay. He barked quickly to Felix and Felix nodding, acknowledging that perhaps he should sit down with Manu later in whatever he could find for a medical bay.
As soon as @[member="Aditya Amadis"] landed on the floor Max started growling @[member="Carn Dista"] "No, Max, I'm not going to tell the Master what you just said, that's impolite, and after seeing what he just did to a lady, I'm not so inclined to test the man." Felix said with a glare at the master. "Sometimes I think it's a good thing that I'm the only one who can understand you, Max. Be a good boy and go make sure the lady is okay, alright?" With that Max was off trotting after Aditya back and forth, as if he was on guard, wagging his tail ever so slightly.

Carliah Dakrone

"Uh... Um.... I'd rather not drink anything. I fall enough as it is." Carliah kept a tight hold of Yusan's sleeve, not wanting to be seperated from him. "And uh... I don't own nail polish... I can't see colors... or inanimate things. I'm a Miraluka." She explained gesturing to the bandage over her eyes. @[member="Aditya Amadis"]@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom