Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A beacon of light [Army of Light - Meet-Up]

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

He sighed. It was not a sigh of resignation, or of disbelief. Nor was it disgust, dislike or of ill will. No. It was a sigh of near sorrow. There was something about Tracyn's words that did not sit well with him, yet the only thing he could put it down to was his mandalorian herirage, for the darkside was a cunning beast that had long since learned to mask itself as something else, and it had hidden it's presence well behind Tracyn's fierce views.

"Then, regrettably I must ask of you as your senior, that you relinquish your lightsaber to me, and with it your position within the Order until you come good on your word, Tracyn. It does not give me heart nor spirit to ask this, but I ask it out of what respect to the ways of the Jedi you have. You cannot act, nor speak as you are and lay claim to being a Knight of the Jedi Order, you know this as well as I. Do this, and I will speak to the Council on your behalf upon your return.

Indeed, sorrow tinged his voice. Yet it was his duty not just to teach, but also to ensure the safety and continued perception of the Jedi Order. Someone in a state such as Tracyn's would only endanger both of those things. He only hoped the Knight would see things clearly, and make the right judgement.

@[member="Dove"]
Yet as he was done speaking to Tracyn, another had spoke... However this one was not a Jedi. His posture and tone of voice changed in subtle manners to make room for this fact.

"Firstly, sir, I speak primarily to the Jedi present about business conserning the Jedi. As such, I do not expect you to speak on their behalf, nor do I ask you to to understand the gravity of the situation for the members of the Order that you wish to align yourself with. With that being said, I have not condemned your feelings nor ideas on taking the fight to those that would seek to damage civilization. Indeed, wishing to defend the Galaxy from wrong is a righteous and noble cause...

However, the route that you wish to take has grave implications for both Jedi and Non Jedi alike. If you wish to help, I implore you to seek the nearest recruitment office of the Republic's military branch rather than rushing to war with little plans other than to uphold justice and beat back the darkness.

There are better ways to do this."

@[member="vulpesen"]

His sigh soon returned to him however. Yet this time he inclined his head out of respect. The Padawan had freely given his name, and requested jt be brought before the Council, yet he would still not step away from his chosen path. It was a level of tenacity that Carn understood, and respected.

"Very well, Torrevaso. I see that you have made up your mind, and accept the full consequences of your actions. I cannot say that I find solace in your actions, yet I will certainly say that if you are as resolute in war as you appear to be now, I would certainly not enjoy facing you on the battlefield.

He gave a light smile, and a nod of respect to the Jedi he had just spoken to, however a small part of him wished he hadn't had to have made the comment he just did. While some of them may not have realised it, Carn understood that there may be a chance of saber to saber conflict between the order and this army... It was not a thought he relished.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Michael had silently listened to the back and forth between the Jedi Master and a few of his people, but escalation was on the horizon. For he might not know Tracyn well, but he did not think he would give up his Lightsaber as easily as the Master expected him to. As such he stood up and said: "Peace, my friends. Do we not have the same goal in mind? Do we not all wish to end the suffering of the Galaxy by stopping the Sith? I will not pretend as if I am wiser than you, Master Carn. For you are many years my senior and have mastered the Force beyond my imagination. Furthermore, I do not bear any ill will towards the Jedi Order. We simply.. have a difference of opinion in how we should treat the threat of the Shadow."

He then moved up towards the platform, gesturing to Tracyn to step aside and the continued: "You speak of the Sith and fallen Jedi -- It seems like you are very quick to judge. I love the Republic and the values it represents. My father was the High General Atticus Sardun, you may or may not have heard of him. It was he who instilled this love in me and it was he who always taught me to protect the innocent. He died during the War on Metalorn, covering the retreat of civilians."

Tears in his eyes appeared after mentioning his father, but he was a Hero of the Republic and a prime example of what a soldier should be. And deep in his heart, Michael knew he too was more a soldier than a Jedi. For he could never really suppress his love for the Republic.

"The Jedi speak of Peace, Serenity and Tranquility. They preach to us about the dangers of love and teach us to distance ourselves of it. But in this distance, we are in danger of losing our contact to the Galaxy. Do not mistake my words for blood lust, I do not relish for blood and never will. But something has to be done to end the threat of the Sith and this will not be accomplished by sitting in the Jedi Temple Gardens and meditating about it."

"In the end, Master Carn? In the end I am not here to convince you of the honor in our way. I merely want you to understand and leave us in peace. If Tracyn wants to give his Lightsaber away? He may do so freely, but you will not force him. Now you may leave or stay, but you will do so in peace -- That is all I am asking."

His throat was dry from his speech, but it had to be done. For escalation would not help their case and Master Carn had been right about one thing, the Knight Tracyn was troubled indeed. A closer eye would have to be kept on that man, that was for sure.

@[member="Carn Dista"] @[member="Tracyn Ordo"] @Everyone else

"He's going to need his lightsaber" Kei said with a grin, but a very serious tone, standing right between them both as he'd always be, "Peace friends, we've a war to fight and millions ahead of us. If you join us Master Carn it would mean a lot because you have the ability, if not, I understand."

@[member="Carn Dista"]

@[member="Tracyn Ordo"]

Kei was a practical man, not much for speeches, getting to the point. "Whatever your differences, drop them at the door. We are going to need everyone." He said to everyone with a grin, but a serious tone in his voice. This was why the politics didn't work.

@Michael Sardun had made a wonderful speech far exceeding his own ability with words, inspiring really, lifting the spirits. He was glad to have him right by his side.

@[member="Carn Dista"] "A Jedi I am." Kei didn't need to justify anyone else, they were all here for their own reasons, all here under the leadership of a Jedi banner to push the tide of the Sith back. "but I aim to do something about the Sith," no more would the darkness act or even exist without consequence. Each of them gave wonderful speeches, things that needed to be said and had no other forum for it, except here.

Kei breathed deeply of the force looking for the exact answer and emotion, but he was very serious as he spoke next. "Everyone everywhere looks to politics first, not just the republic, everyone. We don't." That was the crux of it.

@[member="Tracyn Ordo"] "Do we have what it takes. Yes. That's why we stepped up despite the millions we face." Only the strongest could come, could endure a war.

@[member="Carn Dista"] "Am I a Jedi, yes. You would council us not to act when the Sith burn worlds, swallow the galaxy whole. Walking right into the senate." He shook his head, this was the point, the talking had to stop, the acting had to start. Jedi could act, and remain Jedi, he would show them. Yet Jedi were not the only ones coming, "all who fought for the light have a place here."

Kei let the force flow around him, settling him, calm and controlled. He wasn't much for words, that was the point. @[member="Vulpesen"] had inspired him with the words. @[member="Dove"] too, they would make the best of them, everyone here was a trail blazer. @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] impressive, "Now your here, it might just be at that." His Master had come with him, that meant more than he could say, and got a big grin from the Epicanthx.

Turning to Yusan, interesting group, @[member="Yusan Fenn"], "and an interesting day friend," standing beside him.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
In armor, but stylish armor, black and white, very light and cut for her petite figure. It itched a bit but felt right for where she needed to be. The girl just glowed today, despite having nearly lost her legs recently to two Sith Lords in the senate. She looked good, walked stronger and more sure of herself, but there still was that vulnerable side to her face, she still was a girl among warriors and soon wolves. Natol'ine heard all the words but wasn't that interested, she was just here to help. She cared for her old crew, she wanted to make sure they didn't get in over her heads. Nice people, like most of them here.

"U'know, I just want to help. Don't we all want that?" She shrugged, walking her way around the big guys speaking, not really caring for all the shouting and that. If people wanted to call her names back home and whatever, meh, she didn't much care that was their deal, not hers. Nato leaned on a wall near, @[member="Cambria Zadira"] smiling "Heya," resting a boot on its heel. She smiled, "Name's Natol'ine, don't think we met." Trying to lighten the mood a bit, the Kiffar girls' head tilted, hair falling down her cheek. No tattoo though, which was why she had the locks of hair coming over the front of her face to cover it.

A care free girl usually, but having her spine broken by those two Sith, was the tipping point for her to come. That and the darkness that had followed, she didn't want any other girl to go through it.

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Michael Sardun"] @[member="Kei Amadis"]

Again he found himself having to remind these Jedi of the way of the Order. They were mistaking his duty for dislike, and his firm handed approach for an act of verbal aggression... It was a shame. Had the Order fallen so low as to make this a possibility? The thought of ancient teachings being lost on the latest generation was a disturbing one at best. At worst? He didn't wish to contemplate that outcome.

"A Lightsaber is the tool, and symbol of the Jedi Order. To carry one places you in the ranks of the Order, and thus your actions and words, good or bad, reflect upon the way the Order itself is perceived. Tracyn has spoken as if he were not a Jedi. His ways and feelings directly contradict the teachings of the Order that he he swore to continue upon reaching the position of Knight. As a result, I repeat what I have asked before. Yet do not mistake this for a threat, nor an act of aggression. I ask Tracyn to relinquish his lightsaber because it is my duty as a Jedi to adhere to the rites of the Order.

As for joining you? I honor my master, I honor the Council and I exercise self discipline. My master once explained to me in great depth that there would naturally come a time for me to take up arms on behalf of the Galaxy in order to protect the Galaxy. Yet she was also cautious to ensure that I understood that while a Jedi's duty to the Galaxy is paramount, their duty to follow the will of the Force and the instructions of the Council takes precidence. As a result, this made me understand further the need for self discipline. A Jedi cannot, as much as they might like to, run to defend every injustice they see, for within a year the Order would be extinct. We must exercise caution, and trust in the decisions made by the leading body of the Order, even if we disagree with said decisions.

Why? Because we are Jedi. We have patience, self discipline and knowledge in spades. We honour our masters teachings by doing as they have taught us. Yet we also honor the council by standing by their decisions, through thick and thin.

Tell me, are there any here who sit upon the council? Are there any from the council that have sanctioned this course of action, and given you leave to take up arms in this way?

Much as I would like to see a council member here at this moment im time, I am more than certain the Council would have made it public to the entire Order if they had sanctioned this.

And that, is why I cannot, and will not stand with any of you on this matter. To do as you plan to is contrary to the Jedi Way.

As for being quick to judge - Listen to how your peers have spoken, and then take a trip to the archives, if the Vanguards and Archivists will let you near them after this incident. You will find near identical attitudes, speeches, and lust for combat amongst fallen Jedi, darksided cults and Sith throughout the ages. I do not comment without knowledge gained the hard way, Jedi.

Again, I beseech you all. Return to the Jedi Temple and present yourselves to the council. Express your views and attitudes to them, and accept what decisions are passed dowm to you from them."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
The proud Jedi Knight listened softly and then sighed in disappointment, but then reminded himself that not everyone could be convinced. He would have to accept that fact, as such he nodded and just repeated some of his words: "As I said the betterment of the Galaxy will not be accomplished by sitting in the Jedi Temple Gardens and meditating. It's out there." He said while gesturing to the outside world. "We need to stand together and fight for Justice, Honor and Freedom." "For the Sith will not give lenience nor respite. They will kill, murder and destroy. Until all is under their thumb or turned into ashes."

He then shook his head: "But I see you have set your mind towards your path. So have we. I ask you to leave this place in peace, Master Carn. We have all chosen this path and I will take responsibility for the ones that are lead astray."

@[member="Carn Dista"]

Kei didn't speak much, so when he did really get emboldened, he had something to say. He was facing the Master directly now, very clearly, the one protecting everyone here. Not physically so, there were those stronger than him. Kei would be the one who wanted the responsibility for their actions, he'd be the one who wanted to bear that. Yet there was no threat, just the shield, the one who would stand against what came.

There was sadness though that a Master would push for it, he must surely have realised what would happen. So here it was, Carn had moved him to that point, he may claim he was here meekly, humbly but honestly what other reaction could he be hoping for than division or confrontation?

"I have listened, I have listened to them speak, and do nothing." Kei shook his head, "I use plain words to say what I mean." It was obvious to Kei, Carn had just come to try and break apart this last hope before it even started, a sad unfortunate circumstance that should have been avoided with a quiet word.

Breathing deep of the force, feeling it wash and well up within him. There was the force in him, strong, not just a soldier, and there was passion in the voice but balanced, always reaching for balance. Carn was pressing for that passion in the way he ignored, just like the council, exactly what was really going on.

"Burning the senate to the ground is not just one more injustice. Killing dozens of padawans and stealing all the Jedi's artifacts to sell, is not just one more injustice." If he'd of even been there, then he might not be saying that. "Countless worlds suffering Sith Rule is not another injustice, the injustice is to wave them off as not our problem. It is harder to stay a Jedi and face them, much harder, yes."

The Master committed him by reminding him of how stuck the council was not to help them, that even now they wanted to pull back to their temple buildings and baton up the hatches.

"What you speak of is not a balance to the force, it is Sith Rule. I will not stand by and let Sith Rule those who cannot help themselves."

A Jedi and now a General. All the Master had done was make it more certain in his mind.

"That is not what the Jedi code says." @[member="Carn Dista"]

I keep typing our posts out together michael sorry didn't mean to ignore you :) will add another for you

The young man remained silent throught the whole speech. His sense of justice was as strong as the one Knight Sardun and his supporters were displaying, however, his training with his Master reinforced the fact that there was a lot of wisdom to heed the Council and their choices. This whole meeting reminded him the gathering thousand of years ago when Revan became the first Knight to lead the Revanchists against the Mandalorians... and he also remembered where that lead the Jedi that joined them...

Still... he also remembered the Army of Light, the first one ever assambled... they took the fight against the Brotherhood of Darkness and erradicated almost all of the Sith teachings leading to the Golden Age of the Old Republic... they even submitted themselves to the will of the Council and his deeds were deemed for the bests interests of the Jedi Order.

For the moment, Vex just decided that he would be there, seated, paying attention before reaching a decision... his mind was full of turmoil due to the visions of his "other life" and contradiction about what he thought he had to do to bring justice and his Jedi training... but one thing was in his mind: he had to help the Republic and follow the lightside with all his heart even if it meant staying within the Order and helping the Army of Light... either way, for the time being he just had to listen and understand before going into action.

@[member="Michael Sardun"], said it better than he did, he had a way with finding that balance. Turning to Michael, hearing his words, "I should let you make the speeches." Kei grinned broadly, letting some of that passion go again breathing back in the force, letting it flow over him. Kei's aura was clearer, it had a few flickers of passion in it but always steady, holding fast and firm. "all are free to come and go as they please, in the war against the Sith." he nodded to his friend, @[member="Michael Sardun"].

Turning to everyone again, "Those that are brave enough, strong enough to stay true. Thank you, billions need you now more than ever."

Also I can't like posts anymore but I am loving this :D OOC

Yusan walked along the rim of the meeting observing it silently for now, his eyes drifting from face to face, many of them being familiar to him. He stopped when in the back of the room and scanned over who was in the room again, taking a count of how many he knew and if it was ok to lower his hood. There was @[member="Kei Amadis"], @[member="Vexander Graves"], @[member="Michael Sardun"], @[member="Carn Dista"], @[member="Natol'ine"], @[member="Dove"], @[member="Jericho"] and several others whose names at the moment escaped him. It was a room of Jedi after all, and with that he pulled down his hood and sat down in a chair at a table in the back. If someone wondered what a Senator was doing here, they could come ask for themselves while Kei made his speeches.

Live in Light, Surf Master
@[member="Felix Emer"] 's dog rushed to Manu and knelt down to pet the thing. "Awwwww, ain't you the cutest . . . whatever you are, awww lookit! I think it likes me!" Manu looked up and grinned at some of his Echani troopsmen, as Max's wet tongue gave a few licks to his cheek. "Or he likes the taste of me. . . . can . . . can anyone tell? WhichoneisitseriouslynowamIgonnagetbit?"

The Master and the Knight were battling, and for a long while Manu kept his peace, content to watch the proceedings and play with Max, even if he didn't know exactly what Max was. Or who. Was Max a four legged wookie and Manu wasn't speaking properly, or perhaps some Vornskyr born with fluffy fur and a penchant for attacking through saliva? But the cuteness could stay no longer! After @[member="Michael Sardun"]'s calming speeches and level head, Manu knew there was more to be done.

@[member="Carn Dista"] "Everyone, be still." Manu barked, his soft voice augmented by the reverberant Force. He walked up to the podium, in an attempt physically, to catch the eye of the crowd. "@[member="Tracyn Ordo"], you are in distress. Distress is not the fulcrum of action. Grieve for your loss, we can pitch into battle with a clear head. Or not at all. Yet, there are clear distinctions here."

He watched @[member="Vulpesen"] speak with words of wisdom and @[member="Dove"] reveal his inner secrets. Brave, brave men. Manu looked to @[member="Taiden Keth"] and the Echani 200 from whence Manu had arisen. "I know I'm setting myself up as the Army's Grandpa here, but in my time Palpatine's blood was still being washed out. I understand a lot has changed. The trappings and titles have rearranged, but I see no difference to the essences here. To have the Jedi Master's concern that we are falling down a dangerous path shows nothing but his quality as a Master. How can we fault such nobility and care? I can't.

Yet, we're here to be waymakers. We also have to know what we war against, or like the Master says, we will fall." Manu's voice contorted, his chest seemed to grow heavy and his legs leaden. Scar lines and fracture points grew in fractal patterns across his flawless white skin, the measure of his throat pocked with horrific damage as his voice turned to gravel. Eyes filtered from silver to black, deep red pupils mere pin pricks in the void. Manu held aloft his second lightsaber Borghan, whose crimson crystal was imperiously discontent in the company of Lightsiders.

"I did not pursue Sith ways, but the Sith's end. My race's brilliance away from Palpatine's slavish stink. I dueled Sith and in combat found a nemesis worthy of my pride. By inches we stabbed at each other, taking a piece, a knee, a shoulder. He killed my father before my eyes and I let his anger in. Had it not been for my Jedi kin, I would have fallen to my knees in tribute to his woeful, damaged spirit."

Manu had become a being of gravity, translucent body pulsated and glowed around the encased Sith Black in his heart, which frothed out in tendrils of Sith Passion, Sith Anger, Sith Pain. It struck for each member, for the air, attempted to steal their dignity for vengeful fervor, for the simple lie that the ends were justified. "Be blameless! Be indefatigable in your peace! Do not allow their taint to touch you, for if it does, your entire existence will be a perilous edge against the infamy which becomes you.

Cancerous intent! It waits for weakness, for the pause with nothing to fill it. We must be better than vengeance! We shall be Light, we shall enter into battle with the peaceful clarity of our ideals, with the knowledge that no innocent be harmed in our wake and we shall beat the thrashing anger before it consumes us."

Always darker, forever darker the force of Raien Keth's soul consumed more of the Echani before them, his back bowed, he limped with injuries he knew not, until even his face flashed with that of his Betrayer. He peered at @[member="Kei Amadis"] , hand outstretched demanding his piece. And so Manu Xextos showed the penalty of their war to the eyes of the Army of Light. Borghan drifted to Manu's belt and the Darkness groaned in hideous retreat.

Manu's hands came to his brow, he pushed at his temples and cast his eyes to the Light. All around him an Aura of Peace descended like gentle ocean waves curling and playing in a calm-winded bay. His eyes became slits of silver, his skin a gleaming white. He stood to the tallness of his seven foot frame and the darkness dispelled for a consuming and shared rejoicing. "I live within the light of the Force, for should I stray I shall be consumed. I walk because the Force has not finished its business with me, and I am but a servant of the light. Become as close to the Light as you can. Bathe in it, relish in it, live within it daily for if you don't, no action you commit however noble, will mean anything. It will be the stepping stone Jedi Masters fear of their Padawans and Knights. We will plan our battles and we will end the Sith strongholds, because a Jedi must protect life. Despite chaos, despite pain, despite emotion we must do these things.

But do not think this road is simple. All of us must train and train hard to fight Sith without relinquishing our ways to the fallacy that theirs are stronger, or more forceful in battle. I, for my part, have tasted more of their evils in more battles than I've felt breath. I know the cruelty of their lies and the dangers of their intent. Yet, I remain Jedi for the Light is my salvation, and in it do I have breath. This road is not easy.

I will help you redeem."

Jericho stood quietly and listened to the both the words and the body language of every Jedi, no of every warrior, in the room. Many spoke of the ways of peace as traquil as can be and others spoke of death to the Sith with an exceptional amount of passion. But as far as arguments went, they all knew why they were all here, to battle the sith for peace in the galaxy, if they weren't able to stop the powerful sith, they would at least keep it at bay with their blades and their strength. Hopefully, by the way some spoke and the way they moved, those selected passionate few would not succumb to the dark side while amidst the battle against the dark. Jericho knew the temptation of the dark very well and understood just enough not to fall but did the others? As always, the Lorrdian would have to watch his back as any could fall to the dark, even himself.

Jericho was more of a man of action than a man of words, he merely observed, understood and when he received enough information about everyone that he needed to gather. He turned away from the assembly of people, it was good enough for him to at least recognized his peers faces, names and attire. The silent warrior walked out slowly to explore the area and if they had a training center that was where he was going to most likely be to train and meditate.

"I'mlateI'mlateI'mlateI'mlateI'mlate!" Aditya Amadis booked it through the halls of the ship only getting lost three, okay maybe five times before being directed to a modified hangar by the power of the angst and serious woe going on in there. "Big gathering! Ack!" she slid clear from the hangar bay doors into the opposite wall and slid down to sit at the bottom holding her nose.

"Aw my gawsh I broke my nose!" she cried, weeping on the floor outside the Hangar Bay. "I broked my nose! Oh gosh! Oh my gosh! How will I fix my make up now before Kei sees me!?" She flapped her hand in front of her face, stuttering her breaths to get control of herself before yanking a small leather kit from the side of her utility belt and flipping down a cosmetics mirror. "Oh, no I didn't. Hah! I look fine."

Primping her hair, the petite Epicanthix thundered into the Hangar Bay and was immediately confronted with a big shadowy guy with dark things floating around talking about how they had to be pure and bright. "Can fit you all with flashlights, if'n you like. Big shiny ones." She quipped, smiling and waving at @Nato'line and @[member="Felix Emer"] 'cause let's face it, they looked like nice people. There was even a puppy dog! Aditya pushed her way through the growing crowd as voices continued to expand and contract around her. Voices of fear, of duty, of someone who needed a throat lozenge, and once in a moon she heard @[member="Kei Amadis"]' voice. "S'cuse me, pardon me, Atrisian coming through. ThankyouverymuchSir, s'cuse me! S'cuse me, thank you, oh that is a lovely belt, where'd you get it? Nevermind, s'cuse me."

She passed @[member="Dove"] and gave him a wave not because she'd met him, but because he looked like he needed a friend. Finally coming to @Kei, Aditya threw her arms open wide. "Husband! How much did you miss me? Was it awful? It's ok, your Angel is here and I'm gonna help fix your ships and stuff! Who are all these people? . . .. Do some of them need hugs?"

She peered at her husband's face and frowned. "Do you need a hug? I can't use a laser sword or nothing, but I got a wicked left hook, and a bunch of tools, so that matters right? I can still help? You all're gonna need me. . . especially the dramaramas. . . "

She could have been on the podium saying thus in front of a microphone and she wouldn't have said any less. In fact, Aditya waved at the mass of people and grinned. "Hi! Hello everyone! Let's go take it to the guys we're fighting against and come back for cocoa! Is it tense in here? Has someone had a bad day? Who needs a hug!?"

She opened her arms wide to the crowd, an honest force-less Epicantic ballerina standing in the way of the Sith Scourge. After all, who else were the Army of Light there to save, but the regular folk like Aditya Amadis?

Vulpesen had just been through a night of elaborate philosophical speeches, questions on the dark side, and deep introspection. He had prepared himself and others for the war to defend others, using the solemnity to impost his words upon the others. All in all, this had become a very serious atmosphere which was something not suited for a child of Amar, that being said, one would have to forgive him as he broke down laughing at @[member="Aditya Amadis"]' entrance, which effectively annihilated any sense of tension Vulepsen could feel.

As he laughed, Vulepsen completely neglected to break off the force soothing he had been using on the crowd which emanated his serenity. Now, as he rolled on the floor, his force presence exuded his lack of care, and fullness of mirth. He simply couldn't help it. This random woman who seemed to be the wife of hs fearless leader had burst in with the most bubbly attitude he had ever seen in his life. As he continued laughing, a thought crossed his mind. "Never mind diplomacy, I hope she doesn't take offence... after all, I'm laughing at her entrance not really t her specifically." That is what he thought. What came out of his mouth was howling laughter(literal howling) which found it's sound inspired by his canine origins.

Bowing to @[member="Michael Sardun"] white perfection and perfect poise, shining silver eyes brought to focus, standing tall and silent beside @[member="Manu Xextos"]'s side, the family, the house labelled Betrayer stood, not after today, today he took his name back to mean something else. The Betrayed. His people, afraid of the sith? Sitting in their beds not a flicker of what they were, how had the Echani fallen so low, how had the queen let this happen, when she was clearly so full of fire and ability at their meeting? So proud and noble a women he had not seen for some time, yet... questions were in his mind of why?

"House Keth of the Echani rise with you. We tire of the Sith Yoke. We will walk in the light with you." The more he showed himself to be a champion, the more Echani would come, and the more he could put his ancestor's name of Keth to rest, building a new one in this path of light.

Seriousness, that was until @[member="Aditya Amadis"] arrived. If Echani actually laughed at appearances he'd be howling with @[member="Vulpesen"], instead there was a relaxing of the stance and his body, as if all the tension in the air had just evaporated and she'd made voices of the others contrast with the actual reality. She was why they were going to war, Taiden had his own people to save but the Jedi, he could see they had that reason in her, as a symbol.

There was a definite nod from behind the seven foot Echani @[member="Manu Xextos"], of every single white clad Echani present, which at two hundred they stretched someway throughout the hanger, each taking the cue from the last and nodding, giving her bow of respect. They could see the room needed to be settled, they could see it was a battle won in just a few words, they lived through conflict and she had struck such a perfect note.

Because if someone could keep their hearts from failing against the dark, it was a personality like that.

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Michael Sardun"]
Carn eyed up the Knight, and his apparently proud posture. A proud attitude implied that he had a growing sense of self worth, and self esteem. He could only hope that it would not be his downfall. For a moment he agreed with the ideals of solidarity among the Jedi Order. Yet that was as far as his agreement went - The actions of these young Jedi was about to cause rifts in the Order that would not easily heal. As much as the Jedi attempted to forgive and forget, once the Order formed a grudge against an individual, said grudge could easily last until the end of that beings lifetime, and in some cases, in the many years afterwards. He took a moment to wonder what legacy these Jedi would create for themselves. Nothing but inspiration for radicals...

"Naturally I will not leave until I hear Tracyn Ordo's decision as to my request. Such is my duty. As for what you propose, it is not your responsibility, Knight Sardun. Each Jedi here is responsible for their own actions and will be held accountable as such when and if they return to the Jedi Order to stand before the Council. As much as placing yourself in the firing line for your comrades is a commendable act, it will also be of no help should any of them fail to resist the temptations of the Darkside."

@[member="Kei Amadis"]
Yet then, as he finished, the Padawan he had addressed had somewhat lost his cool. And thus the true reasoning for this meeting had come to the surface. His words masked his true meaning in a poor manner. Carn could not help but smile a little. Yet then his tone changed. The smile dropped. While he was willing to allow the Jedi some liberties, to be spoken to as if he was ignorant by a Padawan. It was not something he was going to allow to slide. Not in this lifetime. Not in the next.

"It is interesting that you bring these facts up to me like I am impressively unaware of them, Padawan. And it is less interesting, and more worrying that you claim to walk a harder path within the Jedi Order. Allow me to say this in no polite terms, Padawan. There is no easier thing for a Jedi to do than to take a hold of the Jedi Code and use it as a shield to defend their actions, rather than taking time to ensure that whatever they do adheres to every aspect of the Jedi way. You would do well to remember that, before deciding what is more difficult, and what is less difficult.

As for what I speak of? What I speak of is not to do with balancing the Force. Nor is it to do with the politics of rule, nor the size of the Bantha Herds on Tattooine. They are equally distant to what I speak of. What I speak of is Jedi, acting as though they are not Jedi. Jedi talking like they know better than the Council. Jedi playing at war. And as for your apparent wife there... You would do well to look at the traditional view of the Order when it comes to attachment."

Felix looked at the confusion and joy mixed on @[member="Manu Xextos"] 's face. "He likes you, and the licks are nothing more than puppy kisses." he said smiling. "He's never seen somebody so big to play with before."
Felix listened carefully to all the discussion in the room. For his part, he just wanted to make sure nobody met the same fate as his master and didn't mind if a few Sith Lords died along the way.
Felix waved back to @[member="Aditya Amadis"] as she bounded in, seeming to fill the whole room with her presence. She wasn't force sensitive, but she seemed to be exactly what this crowd needed, which Max seemed to think so as well.
Before long Max was howling along with @[member="Vulpesen"] and Felix couldn't help but laugh.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

After grinning at his on and off girl, a relationship that had more ups and downs than he'd ever been able to count. The laughing going on, he couldn't help but smile himself, losing some of his stoicism as he replied, hugs, "some i'm sure," he kissed her cheek, today wasn't going to be a serious day after this.

The Master had more to say, even the lack lustre Echani got the joke, somehow, and he barely ever saw them laugh.

@[member="Carn Dista"]
"Training shapes men and disciplines the mind. Rank does not make a better Jedi. You should know that." Kei said clearly, almost ready to walk off. Carn had to go there to make his point? Now the Wife? Carn wouldn't provoke him, Kei was stronger than this, "My wife, she isn't your concern. I will keep my eye on her instead", a broad grin, coffee brown eyes studied him clearly, "your efforts to provoke me have failed Master Carn." Kei's force aura strengthened, within the light, growing stronger because of prodding at all Kei held dear, the entire day had been about this.

"Because I am a Jedi," He said clearly, more than a bit disappointed in the Master's apparent lack of any kind of base tact, but willing to just let it go, just as quick. Even about someone who meant so much to him, his girl, because he could show forgiveness just as quickly as passion for a cause. @[member="Aditya Amadis"]

Passion yet serenity Easy way, shield his actions? There is no easier way than to hide behind four walls doing the same, he didn't reply, there was no need he found his reply in the force. The verbal tirade had gone on long enough, still he wouldn't abandoned anyone. Carn was one man, one diminishing man in Kei's eyes rapidly, just come here to drive a wedge between them, it had failed.

Breathing deep of the force, holding his wife in his arms, kissing her and placing her to one side, arm around her waist. "Now." He smiled to his wife and everyone else, some who were laughing, some who were serious, others who were ready for battle. Kei still didn't fully believe she was his wife, the marriage license didn't seem real, but for now he'd roll with it, he always did.

"I say we celebrate, all have said their peace. Anyone have anything to mark the day?" Kei stroked the dog by @[member="Felix Emer"]'s side.

Vulpesen had by this time finished laughing. He was done speaking, especially after his outburst of laughter, however he wasn't done evaluating. The master's final words about Kei's relationship was something the padawan saw as uncalled for, and thus he had lost much respect in Vulpesen's eyes. Still, the night was young and the time for serious debate was over. Upon @[member="Kei Amadis"]' question Vulpesen almost mentioned his stash of correllian alcohols, but decided not to. Sure he paid for them, but the jedi may not see it right that he had stolen them at all.

"Hey pet boy!" Vulpesen called to @[member="Felix Emer"]. "What is that thing, he has one hell of a voice." He pointed to the dog. It looked like quite a few species he had seen, all rolled up into one furry package, one of those species being the one's that raised him-- the amarans.

With everyone talking about fighting for the rights of peoples and the end of sith tyranny. I brought my dark wings up above my head. I intended to gather everyones attention. with the good 24 foot wingspan that I had it should be easy. Using the force to amply my voice I spoke only once and would not repeat myself.

"Those of you that are here. Those that have spoken in terms with you, or against you, it matters not to me. I only have a few more words to say and I will be done with this bickering of going to the Jedi council." Looking to the master I spoke to him directly. "I may not be a Jedi, I may not have a lightsaber, or the knowledge of the force that you old. I may be young and rash at times. I may have a slight bloodlust for the Sith, and I may have some debts to pay, but here and now. Nothing matters of the Council. I do not mean harshly to your words Master Jedi. I do, for one, care nothing of the name that the Jedi hold onto so dearly." Stepping down from the podum that I stood next to and onto the floor I walked past the mass of people here.

"I care not what the name once stood for, or what it stands for now. To me The Jedi are a group of people that once protected the Galaxy. Now I shall say this only once here and now, That I, Dove, a man that knows nothing of his former life, A freak among people. Young compared to the likes of others, I am guilty of all the good that I did not do. I am a Sinner. Chaos curses it, We all are sinners. We each have done something wrong in our life. Even you a Master to the Jedi. And now I speak saying that only can we move forwards to rise not as Heroes of the Galaxy, but simple minded men who want peace and love in their hearts and homes. Though it may never be accomplished. I ask of you all, TO stay here and not fight for YOUR beliefs and morals. But the Morals of others." I could feel my heart beat faster and faster. Pumping blood to my body and back to the heart. Yet my legs grew weak and my arms sore just from speaking. I looked around to the people who had spoken to me and to others. Nodding once I spoke once more.

"I am a Simple man. Nothing more than you could ever produce. I may be different in sight or strength, or in mind. But we are not different than at heart. Master of the Jedi, You may put forth all of our names here today to the council of the Jedi. But know, that regardless of their decision. Jedi or non-Jedi, Force user or not, We will fight for the people of the Galaxy's rights as natural born beings. I here by stand by Kei, Yusan, Manu, Michael, and Jericho's decisions of fighting not for peace of the Galaxy, but a Free galaxy where every man's log hut, or simple house, is that of a Castle that would never be destroyed by the likes of the Sith."

Walking past the mass of people. I had to take my leave. "Call me when we are ready to continue on this endeavor." I walked towards the door and would not look back. I had seen what I had come for.
@[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Kei Amadis"], @[member="Felix Emer"], @[member="Carn Dista"], @[member="Taiden Keth"], @[member="Aditya Amadis"], @[member="Jericho"], @[member="Manu Xextos"], @[member="Yusan Fenn"], @[member="Vexander Graves"], @[member="Michael Sardun"]. @anyone else I didn't tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom