Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Your Undoing | TB Invasion of SJO held Yurb & Keldooine

Ver'kad Inuk

V
Gir Quee Gir Quee
Ver'kad Inuk , I guess I'm the one confused here. Bear with me as I try to make sure we're all on the same page.

So the small ships in the first wave deployed and ran through the defense fleet and then went into the atmosphere?

Yes, which was during the period where I assumed your fleet was further away than Ura's which allowed them a window of approach, which is also how we became confused as to whether your droid fighters were firing at the gunboats or the dropships which we resolved to leave as it was because the Gunboats had already lost a total of 15 gunboats or so on approach. And per Osam & Galaks post the gunboats made it planetside.

-

In regards to your next request;
The Debauchers were announced as part of the second wave fleet in post #6 on page #1. At the very bottom of the FIRST WAVE section of #6 this line can be found;

- ""Identify boarding targets for the Debaucher! Transmit enemy vessel locations!" The Baedurin Warlord snarled, his grainy sand-like voice demanding efficiency from his underlings." -

So the debauchers were party to the entire equation from the get go and had been announced. In regards to the Ra'maks, these were also hastily put together ship-submission per your request. I apologise that this has been a difficulty and I'm very happy to rework the submissions to be support craft to avoid the headache.

In regards to the proximity of the Debauchers, I recognise your valid points and I'm willing to also edit the proximity. However again I want it to be clear that they've been present since the first post. It seems somewhere along the way I accidentally removed them from the fleet composition when removing the Siege Towers ect.

EDIT: Ra'mak factory submission has been modified to be a support craft.

EDIT: Post#92 has been edited so that the Debauchers arrived some sixty-metres above. If this is acceptable, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Monster The Monster
Hey, you've posted twice within about 26hrs of each other without giving myself or Drek'ma (guys mainly conducting our forces) the chance to respond. We were waiting for people on your side. Please try to communicate before you double post I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus Galak Galak

Don't mean to be a pain, but how come the distortor went off all the way over at D4 and somehow knocked out the shield generator when it's located at E7, according to Kyra's map? Don't know the range of that thing, but isn't that like kilometers away considering it's a big city?

Also those of us actually stationed at the shield generator (E7) and tasked with defending it were never given a chance to stop you. In one post you guys basically approached the shield, got through it, and then activated the distortor without ever stopping to give us a chance to counter you.

Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

Well to be entirely fair, it's day three of the invasion and neither Osam or Galak faced direct opposition across the course of a total of six posts combined in their attempt to reach the shield wall. Additionally the Distortor was designed to be a long-range shield killer and its intent of use was made clear before the invasion began.

Additionally, Edsert is supposedly Mos Eisley sized to quote the planet submission, and I don't think its necessarily massive.

EDIT: Also in regards to the people defending the shield outpost, its been our narrative that they'd essentially been duped from the get go because the Distortor did not require proximity to the generator itself. Which is also why we committed such a large portion of forces to the Outpost, as a distraction.

Hiya!

Just wanted to throw out there that the gunboat forces landed here Here
There were casualties sustained due to both starfighters and ground defenses as per the writing of several others.

At that point, Galak and myself were both at D3. The writing clarified that we had intentionally skipped over the shield outpost at E-7 as per Galak's strategy.

Here Galak deployed the Distortor, and we began to march from the landing zone, acknowledging a gap between our landing zone and the shield. The creature and the brute/drone forces were fully deployed at this point.

Some degree of combat occurs at the outpost at D3 as seen Here and a pair of SJO-allied gunships launch some ordinance at us.

There were casualties reported from the gunships Here and further mention of the march towards the shield at D4.

Here some armor groups begin to engage Bryn'adul forces at C4.

And finally, Here having been unengaged at D4, we walk into the shield with the Distorter and use it to disable the shield.

Hope this helps provide a summary for all of the Objective B fellas. I know I definitely needed this. Lot of posts, it can be easy to miss things.

Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus
I just read your post, and two things that I think are miscommunications or just something miss You describe Arc Torpedoes as ion weapons, but that isn’t the kind of weapon they are. They are electrical weapons, similar to arc casters. The second one is the Leraga fires a heavy turbolaser into the organic artillery firing on it, which isn’t even mentioned in your post. Just want to make sure everything’s clear.

Ura Iolar Ura Iolar

The Arc Torpedoes were not what was being referred to, it was some type of warhead shot by Hope, not by your side. Additionally; in the first paragraph of my post the I mentioned the Obaliscs reacting to the turbolaser;

"incredibly tough hide of the Obaliscs allowed them to shrug off the plasma blasts directed toward them from the large-land vehicles" as per its strength;

"the thick hide of the Obalisc can handle an extreme amount of abuse. Including orbital attacks, its skin is nearly impervious." I can change the wording if that helps.

Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield I know you posted just after me but you may want to take into account the Servitor tearing through the Shield Outpost in my post. You can find the specific details in my 8th paragraph. Thanks.

Niamh Raste

Hey, it seems you've missed that in post#65 a total of 500 seekers [moving landmines] were sent in to the enemy positions to attack any landmines/underground defences currently placed under the enemy fortifications and again in post#107 another 1,500 were sent in to do the same. I'd appreciate it if your post could be edited to reflect this.

Thank you very much. C:

Niamh Raste

N

DDCs are launched from above ground. They're not mines, they're reactionary droids. While your seekers moved in, mine would gave launched to counter. That's how the design was made. So you sent creatures in underneath and now you have to deal with DDCs coming to kill you.

Niamh Raste above ground, sure but Seekers travel underground just below the surface.

"Surface Level: Unless directed to do otherwise, the Seekers typically only travel a metre below ground. This makes them easier to detect or hit."
& "Explodes with a powerful corrosive burst, a single Seeker is capable of taking out a heavy vehicles."

So, I'd think it'd be fair to say that even if the DDC's weren't directly struck they would definitely be caught in the cross fire as underground defences were purposely searched for.

Niamh Raste

N
Not likely. They were stored inside of the fortress itself and since the shield just went down and none had been launched prior you wouldnt have been able to get to them. With the shield down they are now deploying. It would be fair to say that you caught some of them in your next post, however.

Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus first, just a slight correction I waited 28 hours, as my second post was at 1900 Pacific Standard Time. The post you are referring to (my third post) was made at 2330 Pacific Standard Time.

Secondly due to my job I have staff duty today which I will be unable to post which is why I posted so as to not break the narrative as there have been a few posts of people engaging the shield outpost. And the shield has also been brought down.

If you have any questions about what my forces are fielding or what they have done I'd be more than happy to collaborate and/or give you intelligence to make for a more compelling story.

Thank you for your time!

The Monster The Monster

Thank you for the offer, your posts are comprehensive - that's not the issue. I'd just wished you'd reached out so maybe we could've worked together so I wasn't having to deal with two loads of information. [lets be fair your posts are ginormous]

Thank you for reaching out now though. Hopefully we can avoid anyone getting skipped moving forward. C:

Also just read your post, and wanted to clarify, the first missile barrage on the Eastern edge with C8, D8, and E8 was the only one containing Ionite-A based missiles which behave like Ion based attacks but essentially requires the powder to actually touch the electronics in question for the Ionite effects to take place. The second barrage was all either SIM-02 Archers which are anti-capital grade missiles or SIM-06 Hellfires which are designed to be tank killing missiles but otherwise do in a pinch. I can set up a map tomorrow showing the actual deployments and such of the missiles showing your deployment zones, where I intended the barrages to hit, and relative locations of where shield outpost trenches are.

One last thing. TDW is not using any forms of blaster weaponry. My Commandos in the trenches are using HARM rifles, loaded with AP rounds, supplemented by Recoilless Rifles, and with HMGs and GMGs on the shield outpost itself. Our TCD-2Ds that are supporting us have mostly Disruptor Cannons, however there are a few using auto-cannons for a primary armament.

If you have any questions about any of this tech please feel free to contact me, I'm more than happy to oblige any information you could possibly want or need. Happy Treason Day weekend to y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom