Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Bryn'adûl | Phaedra Seeker

Status
Not open for further replies.
NPC The Bryn'adûl | Phaedra Seeker
jia-hao-2019-alieninsect-01-digitalsculpting-01.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a heavy vehicle killer.
  • Image Credit: X
  • Role: A fast travelling underground creature that destroys enemy artillery and heavy vehicles.
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Phaedra Seeker
  • Affiliation: The Bryn'adûl
  • Classification: Artillery
  • Equipment: None
  • Description: An underground launched creature that digs at incredibly speeds to reach a position underneath its designated target. The creature uses echolocation and sees via movement to locate its targets.
​The Seeker is a mutation of the Draeyde species, replacing its flight capability for incredible digging speed and an explosive charge.

COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Unit Size: Medium [Unit: 100]
  • Unit Availability: Uncommon
  • Unit Experience: Trained
  • Combat Function: Using echolocation, the Seeker locates its target and deploys in groups of 40, finding and eliminating enemy vehicles and various targets as the Bryn'adûl see fit.
Strengths:
  • Speed: The Phaedra Seekers are capable of incredible speed for short periods of time.
  • ​Explosion: Explodes with a powerful corrosive burst, a single Seeker is capable of taking out a heavy vehicles.
  • ​Erosion: The residue from corrosive explosion makes the area of the explosion temporarily unsafe for passage by both people and vehicles. This typically lasts several hours.
Weaknesses:
  • Surface Level: Unless directed to do otherwise, the Seekers typically only travel a metre below ground. This makes them easier to detect or hit.​
  • ​Fickle Flesh: The Seekers can quickly be killed by the use of offensive weaponry, it doesn't take much to cause them to combust.
  • ​Sensory Overload: An overstimulation of their senses via powerful frequencies can cause Seekers to go rogue.
  • ​Sunlight: If in direct sunlight for more than a few moments, they will decompress and die.
  • ​Screech Alert: When a Seeker burrows to the surface to explode, it shrieks loudly for a split-second affording a small window for escape.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Phaedra Seeker is a counter to transport-based hostiles that was developed in the Misriah Research Facilities on Lowick. Seekers are typically used in long-range encounters against larger military forces. However, the Seekers are also often used in Siege scenarios; digging under enemy defences and eliminating large groups of enemy forces.

[member="Tathra Khaeus"]

A fearsome bug ready to burst onto the scene with an explosive personality!

Tathra Khaeus said:
  • Links: [Embedded throughout]
Since you just have the one link in the sub, I'd suggest just putting N/A here.

Tathra Khaeus said:
Strengths:
  • Speed: The Phaedra Seekers are capable of incredible speed for short periods of time.
  • ​Explosion: Explodes with a powerful corrosive burst, a single Seeker is capable of taking out a heavy vehicles.
  • ​Erosion: The residue from corrosive explosion makes the area of the explosion temporarily unsafe for passage by both people and vehicles. This typically lasts several hours.
Weaknesses:
  • Surface Level: Unless directed to do otherwise, the Seekers typically only travel a metre below ground. This makes them easier to detect or hit.
These are three strengths that each go toward application in PVP. As noted in the Codex Standardized Rules, when creating NPCs consider actionable PvP related weaknesses to balance PvP related strengths. In contrast to the three strengths, you have a singular weakness -- which is also crafted with language that tends to negate its effect ("unless directed to do otherwise"). And I note that this submission does not appear to share any weaknesses in common with the species submission included for reference.

I offer the above to simply say that I would suggest adding an additional weakness that would balance this submission. In it's current form, I feel that this has a high potential for abuse.

Tathra Khaeus said:
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Phaedra Seeker is a counter to transport-based hostiles, typically used in long-range encounters against larger military forces. However, the Seekers are also often used in Siege scenarios; digging under enemy defences and eliminating large groups of enemy forces.
Another suggestion, but is there anything more that might elaborate on the unit. Where was research and development performed? What about initial deployment or field testing?

Those are my thoughts. I look forward to reading yours in reply. Please tag me once you have had an opportunity to complete your edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom