Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You never know when you will find yourself without a weapon (SJC/MANDO/ANY JEDI)

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

"ELOAH" (Primary - Long Handle)

"ELOHAI" (Secondary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music" (Both on ship at all times)
Tag:

Reserving the South Lawn was usually left for big events, parties, gatherings, and such. This morning was a little different. There are too many Jedi that are either "one" or "the other", either they are complete pacifists or they are so enamored with the thought of war and battle that they jump in without thinking. That was why Caltin decided it was time to teach another self-defense class. He was not looking to do anything great or show anybody how cool this sort of thing is, no, he was looking to bring the Jedi onto one common playing field, one common mindset. "You're not looking for a fight, so you will not hit first, but you will hit back".

It's funny really, over his lifetime, Caltin must have taught hundreds of these classes, from simple brawling to Rek'Dul, to Teras Kasi, to Broken Gate, why was he nervous today? Probably because of the changes he has gone through. Truthfully, Caltin hadn't completely learned about all that he is capable of. Either way, he was going to enjoy himself as he always did with these classes.

Even some of the Wookiee Tribe he was an honorary member of was participating. Right now, Caltin was shirtless, sparring with Llabruf if anyone walking up would notice.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

hZFxlpS.png
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

It'd been.. Gosh. Years since Kahlil last set foot on Kashyyyk. A journey of self discovery, and the unwillingness to fight against the Mandalorians all that time ago. And yet, the Silvers were always going to be home. It was Viere that saved him from the darkness of his father, here in this very temple. It was here he learned he wanted to be a Jedi. Made his first lightsaber that he still had on his hip. That he made friends.

The nostalgia was almost overwhelming for the tall Epicanthix.

He paused, though, as he glanced to the South Lawn. It wasn't often he met someone near his height. Well, outside his family.

And they were still a couple feet taller.

So it pretty quickly caught his attention. He walked on over, taking note that it seemed to be some kind of class. Unarmed, then? He pulled off his jacket, neatly placing it down on the grass with his lightsaber before stepping closer.

Might as well learn something.

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
Wearing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/571138628/hooded-shirt-short-sleeve-hoodie

Omen practiced the moves that the Master taught the class with his hood. He had needed a break from trade runs when he saw the advertisement for the master's class, he ran back to his ship, got some leftover human athletic clothes that must have come from some slave that got picked off while running and before jogging to reach the Southlawn to join in and to lay out a rubber pat to practice moves on before the class started. He wasn't the best at hand-to-hand combat since he preferred to snipe from afar but there was always room to learn something new in his perfect memory.

You can always learn something new, from friend and enemy alike. Might as well learn something new right now. Now if someone wanted to challenge me, I'll give them my best shot. Whether I'd beat a Jedi is highly debatable however...

As the ARC looked out at the Master Vanagor and the Wookie trying to outdo each other, he thought the Wookie was just barely containing the urge to rip the Jedi Master's arms off but even he if did go full rage mode, he doubted the Jedi Master would give him the opportunity too. The Jedi always managed to stay out of range of the Wookies punches and kicks while exploiting any breaks in the Wookies' guard with his own attacks. The Trooper was memorized as he watched the back and worth from the sidelines, trying to memorize the two combatants' every movement for his own use.

Hopefully, I can a fraction of how good as the Master is one day... That is something I would be proud of myself for.

Beltran arrived on the front lawn in his usual manner: alone.

The angry words of Aien Mueller were still ringing in the Colonel's ears and truth was, he needed to unwind a little. He had seen the posting about Master Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor 's self-defense class and it had piqued his interest. In truth, he was always interested in learning from the massive Jedi. Since his introduction to the Broken Gate technique, Beltran had incorporated it into his own personal combat repertoire. And more than that, he was working it into the Paladins' unarmed combat regimen as well.

As he approached Master Vanagor, Beltran unzipped the front of his BDU jacket and removed it. Underneath he wore a black tank top that allowed him a full range of motion. Beltran wasn't a big man, perhaps five-foot nine and prior to his cybernetic enhancement about one-hundred eighty pounds. But he was in excellent shape. Powerfully built muscles rippled in his arms, which were covered in scars, cybernetics and faded gang tattoos.

Master Vanagor was already engaged with a Wookiee, so Beltran simple stood off to the side-watching with his arms crossed. He noticed a couple of others had also come. He didn't know Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , so he offered the man a simple nod. The other being Beltran recognized from his recent altercation with the commander of Omega squad.

" Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen , I believe?" He asked as he approached the clone. He didn't know the soldier, though he had heard that he'd fought well at Sev Tok. "Colonel Beltran Rarr, Rangers 3rd Infantry. It is a pleasure."

Sergeant Omen

Omen turned in surprise to see Colonel Rarr Standing behind him. He quickly offered a salute to the commanding officer. " ARC Sergeant Omen of the former 41st Elite Corps, GAR. The pleasure is all mine, Sir." He hoped that this didn't mean trouble, that was the last thing he needed today.

The trooper tried to search the officer's face as he wished an entrenching tool was in his hands so he could dig a hole to the other side of Kashyyyk. The ARC had seen Rarr and Captain Muller butt heads at the shooting range and all enlisted men know when two mongrel officers hit their boats together, you don't want to be the little fish in the middle when the boats collide. Especially when he had technically broken a power line the was SJDF property. The trooper's face showed an even keel however as he asked "May I ask what the occasion is Sir?"

Last edited:

53950.gif

Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music" (Both on ship at all times)
Tag: Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

It looked like they were fighting, but just the opposite, Llabruf and Caltin were just messing around, throwing each other. Caltin was working on his defense, as Llabruf was learning how to spar without simply slugging, he was learning another way. It was intense to watch because of how rough they were going and just showed, to anyone who recognized his form, that Caltin was showing off Strong Style and Broken Gate at the moment. Not to show up his good friend, Llabruf, but to show the others what they could be capable of.

When finished, he pulled a towel through the air into his hand, it would be clear to the mind's eye of Force Sensitive watching that his method was no longer about channeling the Force, yet his aura was there plain as day. Wiping off his chest, there were all sorts of different tattoos interconnected. one shoulder was different Wookiee Tribal markings, one of them was the marking that matched that of Llabruf's satchel. It was the mark of the tribal family, only members wore in one way shape, or form. Another was the Vanagor family crest, and another was the patch for Omega Squad. The big was fully aware of the emotions burning from Rarr about them, but he would not embarrass him.

~I'm aware of the history between you, not from one side or the other, I was privy to the reports. Do not concern yourself about this, as what is between the two of you is not my business. I wear this to honor those who lost their lives saving the lives of myself and my Padawan.~

Whether he accepted that or not was up to him, Caltin simply believed in full disclosure.

Hi everyone. We're going to start once a few more gets here, or in about a half-hour, whichever comes first. Feel free and enjoy some refreshments from the truck while you're waiting or chat amongst yourselves.... He winked. Me too.

ZhUyygm.png

~I'm aware of the history between you, not from one side or the other, I was privy to the reports. Do not concern yourself about this, as what is between the two of you is not my business. I wear this to honor those who lost their lives saving the lives of myself and my Padawan.~

Beltran had to admit he'd been somewhat surprised to see the Omega patch tattooed on the large man's skin, but that surprise quickly dissipated as he heard the Jedi Master's telepathic message.

~Of course, Master Vanagor,~ Beltran responded in kind. ~My issues with Captain Aien Mueller are just that: My issues. I expect no other to share or object to them and I am glad your experience with Omega Squad was more productive than mine.~

Much of Beltran's ire toward the naval Captain had dissipated after their confrontation at the gun range. He knew enough to know that he could not trust the Captain, so he would not put himself or his people in a position of having to rely on the Omegas. They had proven themselves effective operating on their own and Beltran was more than happy to leave them in peace. That being said, Beltran would not allow his Rangers to participate in any operation that used Omega squad as a major element.

" ARC Sergeant Omen of the former 41st Elite Corps, GAR. The pleasure is all mine, Sir."

Beltran turned his attention to Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen as he saluted, returning the salute crisply before visibly relaxing his posture-hoping the Sergeant would take it as a sign to do the same. "Be at ease, Sergeant," Beltran said lightly and answered the Sergeant's question. "I'm just here for some extra training. Master Vanagor is one of the best combatants in the Silver Order, in my opinion. If you want to be the best, you have to learn from the best. But, I'm assuming you've already come to that knowledge Sergeant, given that you're here as well."

Hi everyone. We're going to start once a few more gets here, or in about a half-hour, whichever comes first. Feel free and enjoy some refreshments from the truck while you're waiting or chat amongst yourselves....

Knowing that there was still a few more coming, Beltran continued to fix his attention on the Sergeant. "41st Elite Corps, GAR. Grand Army of the Republic?" He asked after a moment, putting the acronym together in his mind. "I must say Sergeant, you do not look your age." Beltran had met more than one being who'd lived during that time, so the fact that Omen was here didn't phase him. Rumors were that Caltin was also from the distant past and Beltran's mind shifted to the pirate Bastian smith, who was also nearly a millennia old. "Perhaps you'd like to spar a little while we wait? I'd be interesting to see what the fabled clone troopers can do."

Sergeant Omen

Omen let out his pent-up breath as he let his straight hand down from them salute to his side, glad the galaxy wasn't out to get him today by using the Colonel Rarr as a proxy.
"I'm just here for some extra training. Master Vanagor is one of the best combatants in the Silver Order, in my opinion. If you want to be the best, you have to learn from the best. But, I'm assuming you've already come to that knowledge Sergeant, given that you're here as well."
With a nod, the trooper would speak his mind, no use in keeping an opinion that would likely be accepted all bottled up inside. "Of course Colonel, from what I have heard Master Vanagor is the best of the Silver Jedi in general. He sure did show his leadership in presenting that hastily thought up speech at the Sev Tok memorial. The clone smiled as he remembered that day. It had been a nice one and as Master Vanagor's words echoed across the memorial's grounds, they had given him hope, the hope that he could live and thrive in this new galaxy that he now called home. "Certainly gave me a little pep in my step after hearing it, that is for sure."

"41st Elite Corps, GAR. Grand Army of the Republic?" He asked after a moment, putting the acronym together in his mind. "I must say Sergeant, you do not look your age."
After looking back from the Master's announcement, the clone managed a small smile. "I had a freeze-dried treatment done, it does wonders for your complexion. Pardon me if I seem a little uncomfortable Colonel, I usually didn't talk to officers on the regular then. All my orders coming mainly through a comm speaker by a handler at the Republic HQ building so, as you can see, this is a little new for me. I'm not the best with words to begin with so that doesn't help my case either.
"Perhaps you'd like to spar a little while we wait? I'd be interesting to see what the fabled clone troopers can do."
His small smile broke into a wide grin at the challenge. Either he would show the Rarr what he could do or at least have a valiant try at demonstrating his skill level."Anytime you want Colonel, I'm ready for you"

"I had a freeze-dried treatment done, it does wonders for your complexion. Pardon me if I seem a little uncomfortable Colonel, I usually didn't talk to officers on the regular then. All my orders coming mainly through a comm speaker by a handler at the Republic HQ building so, as you can see, this is a little new for me. I'm not the best with words to begin with so that doesn't help my case either.

Beltran nodded in understanding. "I'm not one for words either, Sergeant." He responded. "I believe that actions are far more important. Believe it or not, I didn't start out as an officer. Just a grunt slogging through the mud and blood. It took a good man to see that I could be more." Nostalgia was an odd feeling for Beltran. There had been so much horror in his life before coming to the Rangers and just as much since. But those early years, fighting beside Colonel Calderon-Beltran found he missed them now. The wars were no less desperate, but things seemed simpler.

"Anytime you want Colonel, I'm ready for you"

Beltran returned the clone's grin with a predatory one of his own. "Good man," He said as he moved away from where Master Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor was finishing up with his Wookiee friend. He adopted a basic fighting stance, left side out, right side in, left foot forward, right foot back and hands raised at the ready. Rather than adopting a fist, Beltran preferred keeping his hands open.

"Alright Sergeant, let's see what you've got."

Sergeant Omen

Omen remembered the combat instruction Alpha 17 gave in the art of Teräs Käsi. That seemed so long ago now that it seemed like a dream, the former demo expert training to be an ARC and suffering painful training on how to keep alive and not to get cut up by a Sith assassin. In those times, it seemed like he would never face a Sith but in these times with thousands spread across the galaxy with millions of followers at their heels.

Well, at least I get some training time, on a Colonel no less. Wait... what was that one move...

With no hesitation, the clone started to charge at the officer, aiming his shoulder down at the officer's chin. Hopefully, the ranger commander wouldn't be expecting an all-out assault. When the trooper came close, he moved his hands in chopping strokes towards the Colonel's throat, making it near impossible for the Colonel to block all three strikes.

I'm sorry Colonel but I won't hold back, even for you.

55491.gif

Equipment: Workout clothes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​
Another figure was near by and closing at an easy lope with long legs clad in dark gray lycra type pants and cross-trainer shoes. The Arkanian Offshoot closed the gap and slowed to a walk. She wore a light gray workout top that showed off a fair bit of tightly toned midriff. Coming from a frigid iceball, Kashyyk's jungles were a lot to get used to. Over her shoulders were the straps of a pack which she peeled off. In the process, it wasn't hard to make out the same crest as were found on Llabruf and Master Vanagor, emblazoned on her left deltoid. An Omega Squad crest sat on her right shoulder, overlaid over a representation of Tol Amn from orbit, both encapsuled in a ring with three names, names of the fallen Omegas, wrapped in a ribbon with the words "Never Forget" on it in High Galactic. Hints of another tattoo showed along her back under the clothing. A few others showed along her armsAll were new since the Broken Gate training, or at least some were new. Some could have been there for a long time, but perhaps removed and recovered.

Her hair was pulled up into a braided ponytail with a bright streak of neon blue interspersed through it once more. That too was seemingly new, and stood out in a lovely splash of color contrasting against her pale skin. She spotted Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr but he was engaged with Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen so she avoided interrupting him. Instead she made her way over to Llabruf, greeting him with an enthusiastic embrace and chatting amicably with him for a moment. Then she made her way over to Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . "Think the turnout is going to be better or worse than the last class?"

zJxNdnE.png

Excellent opening, Sergeant.

Beltran thought to himself in the tiny span of time it took Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen to close the distance between the two of them. When in doubt, meet the enemy with the most violence of action you could muster. What was more, the Sergeant hadn't telegraphed his move before launching into it. For a Lorrdian like Beltran, reading another being's body language was almost an uncanny ability-but the Sergeant had simply gone from standing to attack with no in between.

For most untrained beings, their first instinct when met with this kind of attack would be to back up and try to put some distance between themselves and their attacker. But years of war mixed with intense martial training had taught Beltran that the best tactic was to get up close and personal. So he held his ground and brought his arms up to protect his neck and temples, choosing to take the shoulder rather than risk being knocked unconscious by the clone's chops to his carotid artery.

As the two chopping blows landed, Beltran found himself impressed with the power behind them. He took the pain of their impact, ignoring and overriding the instinct to tend those possible injuries. Instead, as Omen's shoulder made for his chin. Beltran tucked his chin in behind his left shoulder which he raised in a traditional boxer's pose, trying to make it seem like he tended to take that blow full on as well. Then at the last possible instant, he gave way, twisting hard to the left and using his right hand in an attempt to divert Sergeant Omen's momentum.

If successful, it would be a classic hip throw that would send the clone trooper flying to the ground.

Last edited:

Sergeant Omen

Omen could only find himself smiling as he landed the blows on his opponent's shoulders. This was more action than he had seen in the month and he was thankful for it. Iron sharpens iron after all and it was clear that the Colonel wasn't lying about rising through the ranks from a grunt. It was nice to have someone that was his speed on the dancefloor with him.

As the Colonel tried to grab him and throw him to the ground, he put his leg in between the Rarr's and sprawled his hips backward, becoming a dead weight and impossible to throw. With him not going to fly through the air anytime soon, he pulls the Colonel into his body by the collar of his shirt so he can't escape the wrath of the GAR and tries to push the Colonel's outside leg into the air. If done so, he would plant the Colonel face-first into the soft grass.

GET WRECKED
Objective: Me, I'm the one getting wrecked.
Equipment: Under-Armor, Clothes-How they look, The Encoil, Zerek Stowaway Node, ICE/iBorg Clarion Personal Translator
Weapons: One ornate Zenji Needles being used as a hairpin
Tags: Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

There was a tentative onlooker that had been spying the whole scene from afar initially. The clone Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen being present had done a little to remove the hesitance to appear though. She had slowly slinked closer, keeping her steps light and attention fixed on everything around her. Aayla had pointed out in the past, after a very short altercation that would have ended with Phalsi losing, she ought to take up a few classes on self-defense.

Or was it combat in general?

The thought slipped away as she watched a pair tumble and tussle with each other at alarming speed, and focus. The other pair seemed less involved, and even having spied Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan joining the scene. With a solid look finally to who she guessed was the instructor Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , she traipsed a bit closer, enough to be seen without dedicating just yet to the whole ordeal.

The green and black of her hair very plainly stood out against the tones of Silver Rest, and the dark colors of her clothes even more so. A decorated pin held her hair in a bun on the back of her head, shining in the daylight as she turned and cocked her head this way and that. She was watching for the moment, still waffling on the whole scene and how badly she wanted to be sore the next day.

"No wonder no one wants to get handsy." She muttered to herself, the frown still present as her brow scrunched up.

The sudden dead weight of Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen threw Beltran off-balance. This guy was seriously good. Beltran barely had an instant to process that knowledge before the clone had a vice-like grip on his collar and was pulling the Lorrdian in for a throw of his own. Echoing the clone's own technique, Beltran planted his weight, lowering his center of gravity by bending his knees slightly. This gave him added stability which allowed him to keep both of his legs on the ground.

Beltran then, having let go of the clone's arm, clasped both his hands around the back of the man's neck in a clinch. Holding the Sergeant close, he extended his right leg back straight and then pushed it forward and up, looking to drive his knee up into the soft (relatively speaking) area of the Sergeant's abdomen.

53950.gif

Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

The spar was done, Caltin and Llabruf were each warmed up in the cool air. As he stood watching others lumbering up, he noticed Desbre joining in. "Good for her", he thought to himself as she walked up. Caltin of course was busy watching two combat veterans, one through experience, one through programming and experience, go at it. It was interesting to watch completely different styles be so completely complementary to each other, but that was the case in practice, and unfortunately, the real galaxy was different and you wouldn't always find that. He didn't think much further about this though as he was among adults. Even if one of them was pretending that they were hiding off in the distance, and another was running as late as ever.

That's the thing about these classes, my friend, it could be one hundred, or one. If they leave having felt that they learned something that could one day save their life... I'm good.

Looking at everyone who had made it, he spoke up simply.

We're going to get started in a minute, so feel free and take a place where you'll feel comfortable.

The last comment brought a look and smirk up to the goth nerd.

What?

Nevermind.

ZhUyygm.png

9FVMzGK.png

Wearing: [X] (Same style but white)
Equipment: Reu & Tuene
Tag: Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Milya like her fellow padawan was dressed for the occasion her white hair was pulled up gently into a ponytail while she was dressed in some rather tight workout clothes that hugged her figure. Her shoulders were bare as was her midriff which afforded a certain degree of movement, but the whole outfit seemed a bit stifling to her personally, after all, most Echani wore virtually nothing when fighting and MIlya had not exactly made it easy on Des to even wear this much.

Both of her lightsabers were firmly attached at the small of her back just above the waistline, even in and exercise she was never far from them. The few who knew her past would understand why of course, but she seldom ever let anybody that close. She stepped up next to Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan and nudged her gently with her shoulder. "What do you say we break off for a bit of one on one?" she smirked at Des almost daring her to take up the challenge.

In all likelihood, they would remain for Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor 's class even as she teased. A shame because Milya really did want to test Des, not to see who was better but to help each other get stronger as the point of this lesson sometimes you had to rely on your own body to be the weapon, not the force and not a lightsaber.

Last edited:

Sergeant Omen

Beltran then, having let go of the clone's arm, clasped both his hands around the back of the man's neck in a clinch. Holding the Sergeant close, he extended his right leg back straight and then pushed it forward and up, looking to drive his knee up into the soft (relatively speaking) area of the Sergeant's abdomen.
The clone quickly let go of his hold on Rarr and blocked his kick with his forearms. With the force behind the Colonel's kick, his arms would be sore for awhile but nothing would be broken today.
We're going to get started in a minute, so feel free and take a place where you'll feel comfortable.
At these words, the Clone attempted to break away from the colonel's grip, nodding to his opponent in respect. "It is clear now that you didn't work through the ranks by doing paperwork. It was an honor to have you as a sparring partner." A grin spread across the ARC's face as he said "Maybe you even taught me a few things."

Wearing: X (pink on pink)

Cyran had fortunately heard about this while on the job working with local wookie authorities deal with a Trandoshan slaver. Despite the language barrier he learned about this hand to hand self defense training hosted by some of the Jedi, or "battle monks" as he called them. However if he recalled they were also reached out to Mandolorians, which fit his description close enough.

Despite now being a Jedi, or even really "gifted" by The Force, Cyran figured that it could be valuable to look into for himself. Despite having some mild experience in competitive fighting. He made his way over to the place called Silver Rest, fearing he might be arriving fashionably late. He came in as a hooded figure. But not the menacing and mysterious type. After all he was wearing all pink sweats that even matched his natural Zeltron hues.

There were some pretty tough looking cookies there who seemed to have arrived before him. Again making him worried that he was late and that he might be in over his head. With his hands in the large front pocket of his pink sweatshirt he wondered who exactly was instructor for today was.

OBJECTIVE: Teaching Class
TAG: Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan Milya Vondar Milya Vondar Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas

Once the crowd had formed up, Caltin had finally put on a tank and began to walk among everyone. It was something recognizable about him, but about the only thing as his mannerisms, his attitude, his very connection to the Force was different to anyone else who would notice. This was not a conversation for now, but another time but it was the point that he was walking around everyone, even the new "Not Mandalorian" face, who was just as welcome.

If you’re here to fight, leave now. If you’re here to toughen up, leave now. I don’t teach bullies, I don’t teach fighting. What I teach will one day save your life though, in more ways than you think. Self Defense can protect you from both physical and mental harm if you think about it. Much like the Jedi, there is strength in knowledge. If you know how to defend yourself, you know when others don’t, and thus don’t have to fight. This is not to say you turn the other cheek, but if you take what I have to teach, and use every facet of it, you’ll find more and more who would seek you out in an aggressive manner, avoid you.

Now I’m going to be teaching you a combination of a couple of different styles, but going to focus on two, which are Dulon and Broken Gate. Dulon has many names. Called by differing names in many different societies, it seems that truth is universal, this Martial Art having progressed almost identically in several societies almost identically. As such, there is much argument over when or where the art of Dulon evolved. Most scholars agree that art is an evolved amalgamation of several internal-type styles. Humans have primarily been responsible for the dissemination of this style, but other races practice it as well. It is now flung across the entire galaxy, with many species adhering to the Art.

Dulon is an elegant art. It draws upon internal strength, using the body’s own life energy to perform the techniques. The style is graceful, and eschews brute force for speed and alacrity. The primary repertoire of a Dulon fighter involves using one’s opponent’s energy and strength against them. Dulon could be considered a “fluid” art, believing in presenting nothing for an opponent to strike. One Master even stated, “The best defense is simply to not be there.” By evading the brute force of an opponent, the Dulon adherent will seek to leave himself an avenue to take advantage of the assailant.
Strikes can be augmented by the advanced artist with life energy, delivering powerful blows even with little visible movement. Slowed down, one can almost see the master's strike move in a 'wave' from the ground, his legs grounded in the floor, seemingly drawing strength from it. The Masters have an almost religious following, rumours and tales telling of their accomplishments, often attributing supernatural strength to their actions.

Switching between stances and mimicking his words with active descriptions of them he went on.

The Dulon stance is designed to present a smaller target to the opponent. The body is turned slightly to the side; with the feet, roughly shoulder-width apart thus granting better balance and stability. Hands are held loosely up at chest level ready to deflect or throw an opponent.

There are few actual strikes in Dulon as this art focuses on utilizing an opponent’s momentum to throw them off balance and topple them to the ground. Once on the ground elbow and palm strikes are common to augment grappling techniques and subdue an opponent. Throws are divided by anatomical regions such as hip or foot, there is one form called the Sacrifice that involves driving an opponent backward and forcing them to land on their neck or head. If done properly it is said there is no defense.

Dulon defense is based on the principle of using the opponent's own power against them. Throws and grappling are the two mainstays of the practitioner of Dulon with very few hard strikes. This is an art of endurance in which the opponent will wear themselves out in a futile attempt at engaging the practitioner.

Stopping his motions, he looked out at those gathered to try and put it simply.

You might consider this as the "Soresu" of Self Defense. You're more focused on annoying and wearing out your opponent than anything. Alright, I want you to pair off, one focus on being the attacker for one round and one the defender, then switch.

136-1364044_blue-lightsaber-transparent-background-png-wrapping-paper.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom