Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction With great Power - Rimward Forcers

The Rimward Trade League had the bones of the Outer Rim Coalition and that was why Coren had kept his eye on it so long, and paid it lip service when asked where he was working now. It wasn't that he didn't support the Galactic Alliance, he did. But his life was not so much about the wars any longer. He was a mentor, a teacher, an explorer. He was a Jedi Wayseeker, out to expand his knowledge on the Living and Unifying Force. Almost as if searching the Arcane and the Divine. Just avenues of the Force, and how it could be used.

He knew many of the Masters in the galaxy these days. Aware of Zark and Val Noble in the Core and the Alliance, and Matsu Ike out with the Silver Jedi. He himself worked out of Kattada, close to the Core but not part of the Alliance, yet as it seemed, but he was always keeping his eye to the Rim, to the mysteries of the Unknown Regions, and to the constant threat of the Sith.

He wasn't the warrior he used to be, and his determination to fight the Sith toe to toe was different. Call it being part of the Wayseeker, seeing the paths that the Jedi claimed, but learning from those of the High Republic, the golden age of the Jedi. But it wasn't just the Jedi. The Code was great, but it did lack some certain aspects of how to live.

Maybe that was what was bringing him where he was today. A calling of the League of Light, as it was called in the Trade League. The groups reminded him of the Sullust Alliance, and the various Force users that came under that banner. Jedi leading the way but followed with Zeison Sha, Jal Shey, Wardens of the Sky, Jensaarai. It wasn't unlike what was going on here. Jensaarai appeared to be the leaders here, and that was a good sign. Veino Garn Veino Garn was an honorable leader. And with the Light Hand and Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun ? It made a great balance.

As he stepped into the Chapterhouse of Yumfla, wearing a light weight navy cloak over light colored leathers, designed to give the appearance of traditional Jedi robes but also the feel of a spacer's outfit, Coren Starchaser looked around. This was something he didn't foresee for himself for a while again.

lf6czeQ.png

Speaking on behalf of the Church of the Force from the Chapterhouse of Yumfla was the human woman known only as The Priestess. She was one of the Fallanassi that found their way to the Rimward Trade League, looking to join the organization on its desire to help settle the Rim, to work on helping those who needed it, but allowing them to charter their own way.

She didn't always go by this moniker, and the gray haired older woman was proud of what she attained here. The Church of the Force gave every Force group their voice here, and it wasn't dominated by the Core's golden children, the Jedi. They were useful, but so many others found their way here. The Priestess smiled as she saw some Jedi enter, but was focused on the others, Fallanassi, Jensaarai, her other favorites the Light Hand, and nearly half a dozen other groups.

It wasn't a service per se, but several times a week there was a gathering of the Force users of the Rimward Trade League to discuss their goals, and what they were working on.

"Its not for me to decide what you are to do, we all have our own goals, our own dreams, our own aspirations. The Outer Rim has always, since the days of the High Republic, been a beacon for those who want to have a fresh start. To carve their own path of independence. And as Force users, we should be ones who can assist these people.

"The Core has their own problems, but those are not ours. Our issues are those of finding ourselves, protecting our own. Directing our energies to be of service. So I ask you, all of you.

"What are you doing for the Rim today?"

lf6czeQ.png

This was not what Coren had expected out on this world today. No. He was a Wayseeker.

That meant he had a lot ahead of him, and whatever approach he could take. The Jedi Master looked around as he saw a few from the Light Hand. They were more along his speed. Out helping and teaching. But historically? The Jensaarai and Coren had more in common.

Warriors, out to fight from the shadows, against the darkness. It was how Coren handled things, but now? Now he was an educator.

"During my time out here before, I was a warrior, looking to defend and protect. Nowadays I am an explorer. Helping those in hyperspace. Helping those who need it, get from where they are to where they're going. Hide from those that are after them.

"Being a Force user gives us an opportunity and a responsibility to help those around us. And even beyond what we are, Jedi, Jensaarai, Warden… we should be doing our best to make the galaxy a little bit better, more secure…"

2oBcVl1.png

Objective: Represent the Council
Tags: Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun - open to engagement

Untitled614_20230311091447.png
This summit of lightsiders was a little different to the usual day to day that had become Rhiza's life, and her dress was representative of her active role in the galaxy. She looked around at the other representatives, some of whom such as Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , who spoke currently, she knew. She nodded along as Coren spoke, agreeing with his sentiments. It was ironic really, the Ex-sith lord and Ex-slaver had never expected her life to lead this way, but she did feel her power gave her duty now to protect.

"I am Master Rhiza Dural of the Rimward Jedi Council. I echo the sentiments of Master Starchaser. We have a responsibility to those around us.

I count myself amongst the most powerful force users in the rim, this is a gift and those that know of my past might debate whether I deserve it and perhaps I don't. But by improving the lives of those that aren't so blessed, I can repay the galaxy.

You ask what I am doing for the Rim today? I am a warrior, I fight for peace. By allowing the force to guide my blade I can save a thousand lives with a single cut."

Perhaps the dealing of death was not the most noble of jedi callings, but this was the galaxy they lived in, and she was proud of her new calling. The beautiful Zygerrian gently ran her clawed finger around the top of her glass as she spoke and glanced at the other older and much more peacefully inclined master that was Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun with a smirk on her face.

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

Veino took a seat at the table, dressed in his armor but having replaced the practical mask with the ceremonial one carved to show his face. Grim, sharp-nosed and sharp-cheeked with lines representing scars, was not a welcoming face. He appreciated it as one of the great ironies of the Jensaarai tradition. His badge of office was also his death mask that he would be buried in. That was part of the duality of the Jensaarai- life and death, peace and violence, light and dark. In the words of ancient psychotherapists, the Jensaarai were those who embraced and integrated their Shadow and their Self.

"I am Saarai-Kaar of the Jensaarai," Veino said, his voice modulated by the mask. "Veino Garn. We protect the weak and the defenseless, strike fear into the powerful, and live as myths and legends that strike from the dark and choose violence when it will be the most effective, but prefer to work in secrecy. Information is a weapon- and it is the one we use."

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural

"Tiland Kortun," Tiland said, raising his cup of tea and giving small bows to each person at the table. "I am a pilgrim and an adherent of the Way of the Light Hand. Mostly, I am a healer and teacher." He set his cup down and shrugged, giving everyone in the room a broad smile. "And, of course, a gardener. I have learned many things from helping living beings grow and change and they have taught me just as much."

He briefly considered his tea, eyeing the swirls and glint along its surface. "Some claim that I am a seer, but I find myself less convinced of the practicality of seeing the future- as it is always in motion and to act with foreknowledge is often enough to change the future."

There were other reasons, of course, but that was not the subject of the discussion. Nor would it be overly helpful to get to far into the weeds of esoterica.

The woman, this Priestess, was impressing upon them all the requirements of being within the Rim, and their responsibilities to others as Force users. Coren understood this. He had spent time in the Levantine Sanctum, and the Fringe Federation before finding himself in the Alliance of Sullust and Outer Rim Coalition. This area was his home. Corellian by birth, frontier by choice.

"Those of you who are here, you recognize the roles you have on the Rim, do you not? You are here to assist others, much like the Wardens of the Sky have always done."

She looked to Coren, with an almost knowing glare.

"But working towards helping the Rim, if you are warriors, what can you do during peace times? Jedi are more than warriors, you are researchers, explorers… educators, are you not?

"The Jensaarai keep abreast of ideas, but when it is not time to fight, how do you defend?

"The Light Hand… the healers of the Rim, yes. But when it comes time, will you fight, will you defend our worlds?"

Clearly 'our worlds' were that of the Trade League.

Considering her words, Coren nodded.

"I will be here to defend when the time comes, but until then, I will ensure that travel is unhindered, that those lost become found. And the knowledge of the Rim can be shared…"

Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural Veino Garn Veino Garn Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Veino replied dryly with a shrug of his shoulders. "We prefer to keep our methods and activities confidential. But yes, we can fight."

Sometimes, bad things did happen to bad people, and sometimes it came with unfortunate memory loss. Other times, things broke. Unexpected health problems.

The Force worked in mysterious ways. Sometimes it just needed a little push.

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Rusty Green Jumpsuit, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Utility Boots, Left Ear
Accessories: Bracelet
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber, Concealed Blaster, Nasty-Stabby
Tools: Fusioncutter
Tags: Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural Veino Garn Veino Garn Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun
holicslastbreath.gif

Lossa, always the skeptic and wishing to see those meeting, had found her way to the meeting held to discuss the goals of the Outer Rim.

Jedi were capable, but time in the core had been a narrow band of information at times.

And these kinds of meeting provided a chance to insight she might have otherwise missed when encountering others in the vast expanse of territories the League brought into the fold.

A different approach for sure from those in the core, but not an unwelcome one.

With her jumpsuit arms tied around her waist and hair pulled into a low ponytail. She stood outside the gathering of the table, staying close to Tiland and Rhiza. She wasn't entirely sure if she should answer, but she did anyway.

"Lossa Darcuhl. Padawan. I work with different companies for trade most days. I help where I can when I can by myself or requesting help from those more capable." Making a gesture to those gathered around the table as an example before adding a touch more. "Dabbling in helping with military protection of the Rim."

2UT5QVI.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom