Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is your character's avatar?

Thraztin

T
For Maiven its a chissified Shepard from Mass Effect that someone made. For Malich Frey its one of my favorite actors: Mark Strong, as he appears in The Imitation Game. For my newest character Orron Typho, its Jamie Foxx as Django from Django Unchained.

Jason Court as Kyle Katarn in the live-action cutscenes from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

Originally, this was just a stand-in until I found something/commissioned some art that better fit my initial idea for how the character looked, but I never could.

And then it kinda grew on me and I got used to seeing Kyle Katarn in my avatar all the time. And then I thought about changing it again, and a few people yelled at me for it, so I decided I was stuck with it and this is my life now.

Confederate Dauntless Colonel
I just used this guy. His name was Lieutenant Edward Newdigate Boulton. I used him because I thought he was the perfect mix between nobility, formality, yet with his sword, you knew he meant business. It links to the fact that while his of noble blood he ain't afraid to get his hands dirty.

Stomping Out the Force
For Kavessk, it was an artist's design off a future free to play game that is still fairly active. I just can't remember the name.

For AL, some concept art of battle droids.

For Sir Orionus, is a very old image of Obi Wan, envisioned by comic book artists way back in the original 1979 Marvel comic book series. The Clone Wars wasn't as we knew it way back then, so the Marvel folk did what they thought Jedi Knight Obi Wan Kenobi looked like. Glad Obi Wan looks the way he is today, but very interesting to look back on.

For Rothamir, Letho of Gulet from the Witcher video game series.

For Aerarii, the one and onlyl Jeff Goldblum. Somewhere between Thor: Ragnarok and The World According to Jeff Goldblum I got the crazy idea that he could make the ideal Imperial. Definitely not a Sith Lord, but rather someone who wields different forms of power - in his case, credits.

Loving these responses, guys.

Since I've made three (well, technically only two) more characters since my original post, I thought I'd add where their avatars came from.

For Casimir Heliobas (whose name was taken from a Victorian fantasy novel titled A Romance of Two Worlds), I used Moses from The Ten Commandments. The character is meant to deliberately fit into the archetype of the wise old mentor/wizard. I also wanted to incorporate the use of a powerful and instantly recognizable voice into his character, mostly because it's easier for me to write dialogue if I know exactly what the character sounds like. The first person that came to mind was Charlton Heston, with his booming baritone. The fact that he's wearing Jedi-like robes only makes it better.

Nimdok's avatar is a piece of Spock fanart I discovered years ago (the artist attempted to combine Spock with another character played by Nimoy, Paris from the Mission Impossible TV series). Again, I went with the theme of "who has a distinct, cool-sounding voice?" and Nimoy was the next guy who came to mind. I also liked the idea of upsetting purists by bringing a Star Trek character into a Star Wars RP. ;)

Inanna Hoole went through a couple of vintage dame iterations, including Ingrid Bergman in Spellbound. For the longest time I used Anita Louise as Titania in A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Currently I’m using pictures of a modern model named Hannah Waites; I discovered her years ago and I love how striking her appearance is, not to mention that she has a sci-fi aesthetic going.

Last edited:

Aarokos Daethon

A
Super Orion from Fate/Grand Order is this dude.

I like how dopey his face looks compared to the rest of his body, making him as a whole look karking herculean to the point it is how I imagined Hercules once, but with no beard on this dude. lol

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield - Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones, played by actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
Thyrian Hearthfire Thyrian Hearthfire - Jorah Mormont from Game of Thrones, played by actor Iain Glen.
Thrand Dawnbringer Thrand Dawnbringer - Ned Stark from Game of Thrones, played by actor Sean Bean.
Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield - No specific character, currently Jaina Proudmoore from World of Warcraft.
Kära Hearthfire Kära Hearthfire - Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones, played by actress Emilia Clarke.
Bors Greythorne Bors Greythorne - Davos Seaworth from Game of Thrones, played by actor Liam Cunningham.
Thrand Hearthfire Thrand Hearthfire - Éomer from Lord of the Rings, played by actor Karl Urban.
Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield - No specific character, currently J.D. Fenix from Gears of War 4.
Thyri Heavenshield Thyri Heavenshield - Rickon Stark from Game of Thrones, played by actor Art Parkinson.
Arnor Oathkeeper Arnor Oathkeeper - Polar bear dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom